$54.99
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=THR10131&mode=retail
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge Death

Post by baron ironblood on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:59 am

hey guys, this is my first post.

my judge death from bbts also came with his right hip broken straight from the package.  fortunately bbts is already in the process of replacing him.  tally of broken hips: +1

"osssteoporosssisss..."

Last edited by baron ironblood on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : image learning curve)
baron ironblood
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by levere on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:06 am

I had to send mine back to ThreeA. They confirmed receipt of it 3 1/2 weeks ago, but there's been no word since on the status of a replacement.

levere
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by baron ironblood on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:35 pm

i'm sorry to hear that, levere.  i thought the opposite -- that 3a would be right on top of it and bbts might not replace him.  i hope he is just slow to ship, like i've read about bamba store drops.  good luck! Very Happy
baron ironblood
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:08 am

got mine form BBTS as well and his left hip i thought was broke but it just came out of socket. pushed it back in.

baron ironblood wrote:hey guys, this is my first post.

my judge death from bbts also came with his right hip broken straight from the package.  fortunately bbts is already in the process of replacing him.  tally of broken hips: +1
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by levere on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:55 am

baron ironblood wrote:i'm sorry to hear that, levere.  i thought the opposite -- that 3a would be right on top of it and bbts might not replace him.  i hope he is just slow to ship, like i've read about bamba store drops.  good luck!  Very Happy

BBTS' service is aces. Probably the best I've ever dealt with.

levere
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by baron ironblood on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:47 am

my replacement judge death arrived from bbts.  however, i haven't even bothered opening him; his teeth are covered with messy black paint. my last figure's face was absolutely perfect. i know 3a has a messy paint style, but the black is so thick it almost looks like he has missing teeth.  death really only needs two things to look nice: his badge and his teeth.

at this point i wish i had just kept my original figure, especially if illproxy is correct and the broken hip joint was fixable.  i'd love to just put the old head on this body, but of course i had to send that back first.  without opening this second death, his right hip also looks like it might be out of joint (making illproxy most likely spot on about being able to fix it).

what do you guys think? am i right to be concerned about the teeth, or is this just what i should expect from cool but messy 3a paint? should i be that annoying guy and ask for yet another replacement, or do i just live with a judge death with checkered teeth?  i'm trying to imagine the joker with crap all over his teeth...

Last edited by baron ironblood on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
baron ironblood
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:20 am

can you show us a pic of teeth? 3A figs do vary in paint.

and yeah im pretty sure was just a case of joint needing to forced back into socket.
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by baron ironblood on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:49 am

originally i didn't post a photo because i was nervous that everyone would think i was being too pedantic.  however, i can see that it actually is necessary for anyone to form an educated opinion.

it looks worse in person, as the black seems much lighter in the photo.  also, i've now noticed the blue-green paint from his skin-tone has spilled up all over his mask/face-grate.  the face on my first figure was was divine (see my photo up-thread).

i'm usually not too picky  -- when i purchased the adventure kartel ap wave 1 set both tommy and merde mission had face paint issues but nothing i couldn't live with.  3a has a cool messy style, but on judge death here, is this too much of a good thing?

Last edited by baron ironblood on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
baron ironblood
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindless-Focus on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:32 am

baron ironblood wrote:originally i didn't post a photo because i was nervous that everyone would think i was being too pedantic.  however, i can see that it actually is necessary for anyone to form an educated opinion.

it looks worse in person, as the black seems much lighter in the photo.  also, i've now noticed the blue-green paint from his skin-tone has spilled up all over his mask/face-grate.  the face on my first figure was was divine (see my photo up-thread).

i'm usually not too picky  -- when i purchased the adventure kartel ap wave 1 set both tommy and merde mission had face paint issues but nothing i couldn't live with.  3a has a cool messy style, but on judge death here, is this too much of a good thing?

I'm unable to see an image. Can you post just a JPG?

Mindless-Focus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:29 am

We intentionally designed the paintwork to be really weathered and to make sure the teeth weren't clean looking. Would have to see the face you're talking about to see if it's bad paintwork or not.

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindless-Focus on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:50 am

Any way we could see an exploded view of this body or at least and unclothed?

Mindless-Focus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by baron ironblood on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:05 am

Mindless-Focus wrote:
I'm unable to see an image. Can you post just a JPG?

my apologies; i can see the photos on my end, but clearly i don't know what i'm doing.  i will try to figure out what i've done wrong.

(hmm, no facepalm emoji...)
baron ironblood
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:49 pm

I can see the picture, the face does look a bit messy alright. I love 3a weathering but that looks more sloppy than weathered. Are there any other shots of other peoples Death for comparison?
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:15 pm

It's heavier weathered compared to some others. Kinda the blessing and curse of hand painted collectibles. The samples I have have similar grime in the grill

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 pm

I don't have one myself but if I did I wouldn't be too bothered about it. Due to an abundance of 3a I couldn't afford to start another line but I do hope it continues because they all turned out great. Maybe Baron should consider a little paint up yourself? Small bit of white on the teeth and a little black or grey on the mask?
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:02 pm

I'd be happy with those teeth. Deadworld don't do no dental care!

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by baron ironblood on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:47 am

thanks for your responses everyone.  i think the reason i am so disappointed is because the first figure i received was amazing.

the two are night and day.  the black is much more, well, black in person; the lighting for the photo makes it seem like the white underneath is much more visible than it really is.  i wish i still had that old one with the out-of-place hip...

anyway, thanks again guys. Very Happy
baron ironblood
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:50 am

yup that would bother the hell out of me, can def relate. would prolly paint over those teeth carefully with the best color i could get to match the teeth color. just a light wash abit at a time so black isnt as heavy.

have read that with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover you can gently wipe away paint i think, no idea if it works tho havent tried.
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:57 am

Yeah, replacing an excellent one with a sloppy one would be a bummer, sorry man.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTooN on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:52 pm

I'm new to 3A (sucked in by 2000ad) and no idea what their usual paint app's like. Only have Mongrol and Death so far and happy enough with them.

I dont think your being picky at all. Your first copy looked spot on, dunno how the replacement passed QC. Not just the teeth but the decay or whatever the green is on the bottom of his visor.  I'd be trying for a replacement for the replacement if it was me. Hope you get one.

TheTooN
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by baron ironblood on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:18 am

well the kind folks at bbts probably hate me now, but they did eventually send a replacement for my replacement -- and his paint is absolutely flawless.  cheers to them!

the peg for his right foot does keep falling out, but that is a minor annoyance.  this judge death's right leg was also popped out of the socket.  however illproxy was correct, and with a little effort i was able to work the hip back into place.

now, if only i wasn't still waiting for bbts to send my pre-ordered sam slade...
baron ironblood
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:56 am

grats and nice pic! Cool

entertainmentearth have sam for PO still as well. must be goin out in batches i guess?
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Perfect Baron, good to hear everything worked out for you.
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:39 pm

Excuse me Gregory, I was wondering whet the chances of securing a full colour Death elbow pad would be? Just cleaning my display and discovered that, at some point, the strap has snapped off.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top