3AA 2015 Discussion

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3AA 2015 Discussion

Post by Bassnoir on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:49 am

...being a five year 3AA member I can understand and appreciate the recent "bad press" our not so little club has been entertaining...validating my long held believe that the only sure thing in this life is that everyone...and I mean everyone fancies themselves the center of the universe...that being said I also understand and appreciate a business experiencing growing pains...ThreeA has been and continues to be an extraordinary toy company...like a lot of veterans I'm not buying nearly the volume of stuff I used to...me thinks that's natural but I have found little reason to throw stones...CS response...for me...has not been an issue...luck over talent?...so be it...written with the full understanding that it's man (and woman's) god given right to bitch and moan...SEVEN YEAR ITCH PEOPLE...get over it...really...get over it...it's all good.
Bassnoir
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:18 pm

Honestly I'm not sure if I'm just jaded from years of buying and collecting 3A figures or if 3A really has gone in a direction that I just don't like. The quality on the bots is still fantastic, and I'm always excited to see a new WWR figure - even it it's not in a scale that I collect. But I'll admit that they don't get me as thrilled as they used to.

I think the problem with many of the new 3A lines is that they're just too strange/unpredictable to get hyped over the prospect of collecting them. With WWR, you know what to expect - guns, robots, war, etc. Popbot is all about ninjas. And even the bizarre AK line has a common theme of movie monsters and B movies.

But some series like WoIP are just all over the place, while others like Evenfall haven't shown us nearly enough to get invested in. Speaking of investments, that's exactly what the 3AA membership is supposed to be - you pay a little extra to get savings and access to special figures that come out over the year. If I'm going to be coerced into paying the membership fee, I need some assurance that my investment will go towards the prospect of exciting new lines with figures I'm actually going to want to buy. Which, sadly, is the reason I likely won't be renewing my membership this time...
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderPig on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:03 pm

You are right Argentix !

after 5 years also I not go to renew.
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by SQUID on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:59 am

Skipper11x wrote:Honestly 2015 has been a big let down. Especially when you consider what to expect, a 3aa exclusive for all major drops, 3aa get first shot at premades, quicker turnarounds, better communication, more Q&A's, improved QC... At least I think that's what was promised, correct me if I'm wrong. So far I've only used my discount on 5 items, the lowest by a long shot in 5 years. I would have loved a cammo mule or evol square but wasn't given the option. At the moment 2016 is not looking good but hoping for the best.

I haven't even bought anything with my membership this year... No
SQUID
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:52 am

I got some pretty good use out of mine with the entire Civic Defense lineup ($1200 -> $1020) but I certainly won't be buying another huge faction like that anytime soon. Also, it seems like 3A isn't doing 3AA exclusive figures anymore. They've had many chances to make alternate colorways exclusive, but never do, so I don't see the point...
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:23 am

While people are talking about if the got the value out of the membership this year:

My year
-Some local friends split the Zombacle pack, I bought 2 = $17
-Amanda Visell book - $42.50

THAT'S IT for 2015 & I couldn't be prouder of myself
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by SQUID on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Glad to hear it Argentix, and I also agree with your latter points. It's kind of an odd place to be in-between right now.
SQUID
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightjar on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:16 pm

This has been the first year I haven't had my money's worth from the 3AA discount. I do hope this year's pack will either be something really special or cheaper. Or both. More 3AA exclusives would be welcome too.
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:16 pm

I check my membership purchase history n for my first year as member in 2014 I purchase 21 items, but this year only 9 items, if not for deathmask series, I think my membership will not pay for itself. However did miss a few drops that I wanted but due to the items being premade or limited, did not get to see it until they are gone.

Most likely will still join as member for coming year as I m looking forward to more dirty deeds Bertie. However, worried that we may not see more dirty deeds Berties as we don't hear anymore of upcoming releases although ash had initially mention that it will go up every month in 2015 but that did not happen.. Seems like Ash tends to promise more than he can deliver.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:29 pm

And BTW, isn't it around this time each year when 3A announces their 3AA pack for the next year (on sale January)?

And now not even a tease...
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Next years 3aa pack better be something special alright. Personally Lass set had zero interest to me so I sold it. 3ago had very little interest to me but I like the Bertie & NOMs (do not mention the JJ dildo) so it wouldn't take a whole lot of convincing for me not to renew, at the moment I already have one foot half out the door.
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:19 am

I CALL warold 3aa pack
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Artoo on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:03 am

Looks like it's time to start a 2016 3AA thread. Is it weird that there has been zero mention anywhere about it, but with talk of Les Mort and then all the images on Instagram, kinda hoping for that to be in the pack. Otherwise I probably wont be renewing with my collection overflowing and lack of interest in newer lines and pieces. So much promised for 2015 and not delivered. Weekly newsletter, alternate sculpts, 3AA versions on all major drops, yada yada yada...... Rolling Eyes
Artoo
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:08 am

If i had to guess on 3AA member pack for 2016 I would guess following:

• Mega Zomb Adventure Kartel
• Less Mort 13 from the future
• JC + ZOMB - WHITE OR ALL BLACK edition(seems to be trend)
• TK HUNTER
• Mortis Sweeper
• 1:1 EDDY THE CAT
• BROWN BEAR
• Isabelle Porcha + JJ MC GEE SUPER SET WITH HUGE FOOTLONG 8" GIRTH (EXCLUSIVE SUPRIZE DROP)
• A real handgun and one bullet for members looking to get out of 3A.
3a_boltman
Tomorrow King

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:49 am

To be fair there have been more newsletters than in the past, and we've kept up with a newsletter for nearly every drop the last 5-6months for the folks that don't check the Blog/Social Media posts.

3AA versions on all major releases was never promised with the 2015 3AA Membership nor alternate sculpts..

This is what was included and promised for 2015's 3AA:

2 X 3AGO N.O.M Commanders
1 x 3AGO Command Guard Bertie Mk2 - Exclusive To This Set Only
1 x JJ McGee Thingy on a Thingy Stand
1 x 3AA 2015 Black T-Shirt (choice of XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL)
1 x N.O.M Commanders print signed by Ashley Wood, I mean really Smile
1 x 3AA 2015 Membership Card with Strap Thing
15% Discount at Bambaland Online Store Throughout 2015
Access to 3AA Exclusives or 3AA Variants
Returning 3AA vets (Anyone Resigning From Last Year) Receive An Exclusive 3AGO TK Head !
All In A Great Box, It's Where JJ Like To Be!

And these are what were promoted for 2015:

EvenFall THUG, TOTEM SWAT and Aliens - Swat hasn't happened yet, but Thugsuit and more Strigoi check

Transformers, Optimus Prime , Starscream and Megatron - Check

DC MEN OF STEEL, starting with Batman - Will be on sale before the new 3AA membership

World of Isobelle Pascha 24" and 12", new characters and situations! - Check

Marvel by Ashley Wood, Ultron next, then Spidey, Cap etc - Ultron Check, Spidey and Cap are nearly done

Bungie's Destiny, first figure offered very soon - Titan check

WWR/SOTF New Robots and human character
- Robots Check, Human Characters Check

3AGO line expansion - Check

Crystal Jade Vaughan line of characters - Check

VALVe such as Dog, Gordon and Alyx from HL2 - Nope, but will be for 2016

Parade sets - Nope, still being worked on

Reservoir Dogs Metal - Nope, in development

Siuyin's Syoupee - Check

World of Frederator - Check

Plus TK's, AK and much more ! - TK's Check, AK - kinda?, More - DA collab Check

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miracle bubbles on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:21 am

Well. I wrote a long ass post but just deleted it. Realized I was just whining about toys. Seems silly in todays world. To condense it all down, I am bummed there wasn't more toys for me to buy. Silly, right? Still not sure about 2016 3AA. If Ash states that ThreeA's 2016 goal is "Asian Toy Con Pascha" domination, I WILL join up. I don't want to hear about how shipping will be better or how 3AA will get so much rad shit my head will explode. Just tell me AK won't get anything and I will be happy and buy your 3AA membership again. Thanks. Jeff

edit: Forgot to thank Grish and OneLuckyBoy for splitting the Zombicle and 3ago Zomb set with me. Those were two of my favorite ThreeA items this year.

Last edited by miracle bubbles on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot)
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:40 am

Glad you enjoyed it man!
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightjar on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:55 am

Wouldn't be surprised if it's more 3AGO this time around. I'd be quite happy with Zombs and/or Mumbs.
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:21 am

Aside from the new Berties and the zombie 2 pack what 3AGO came after 3AA, indeed more importantly after the 3AA shipped?

To me it really seems that the point of 3AGO in 3AA was to sell us all on the size and then build on that - but that's not happened.

I mean I'm not complaining and I'll be back because 3A 2000AD is simply unparalled but it just struck me as odd that 3AA sold me on 3AGO and pretty much nothing since has come except the Berties.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:59 am

Will there actually be a 3AA 2016? If 3A is at the size we all talk about now then it probably dosen't need the annual cash injection (the margins on 3AA has to be slim, its always incredible value) and makes more sense to avoid us crybabies...

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by zbrushman on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:26 am

Hoping for membership pack for 2016, but all seems so quiet :/
zbrushman
Yesterday Kid

http://jpad3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostmouse on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:36 am

I don't know how many there were this year but maybe a nice perk for 3AA members is a slight heads-up on surprise drops. Say, 5-10 minutes before the item is posted 3AA members get an email saying something is about to drop. Details can or cannot be given.
ghostmouse
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:39 am

The issue with that is the newsletter sends out the emails at seemingly random times and not all at once. I'll typically hit send on them about 5 min before a drop goes live and for some it'll arrive in inboxes on time and then others it drops in their inbox an hour or three later. I'm not sure if its due to the algorithm or the volume of people subscribed.

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:41 am

A good and simple membership package would be a figure in a box with a poster, a membership card, and the discount. Easy peasy.
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:56 am

Yeah I'd be on board for a stripped-back pack. Put the extra time and money into a truly impressive figure instead of a giant box full of doodads.

Hell, keep ALL the other shit and offer a WBR Bot for the membership, I'd be stoked.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top