World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

+43
IronChap
SzuTsung
ozz
achtanders
Oneluckyboy
miracle bubbles
Plastic Robo
Danz
Matrix
robonaut
itisnick
regalia
PiggyV01
Joshimus
Rad Toy Review
mattyp
aconners1
Henchman
zzzzz
Cthulhu
geisT
noveltycross
jsalsa23
gonk
Grish
Mr. Rictus
papamadoo
gar
Mr3AGO
Shit Narnia
gregory
Jessiedart
illproxy
ESeffinga
UsedUniverse
Reks36
Beeratt
wutasi
x43x
fluppeco
GrandpaStern
Knightjar
gimbat
47 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 9 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:43 am

I saw a Sky Blast on FB that was in pieces...my heart sank. CS better hook a brotha up on that one.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 9 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by GrandpaStern Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:23 am

Oneluckyboy wrote:I saw a Sky Blast on FB that was in pieces...my heart sank.  CS better hook a brotha up on that one.  

Man, at least I could pretend that mine is battle damaged with the dead arm, but the whole thing broken would be even worse! I feel sorry for those guys, but maybe they will make some replacements for us instead of saying, "Let's see if we maybe have some spare parts sitting around." Mad
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessiedart Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:26 am

Mr3AGO wrote:Can we get a few more honest reviews about if this is worth buying? It's hard to tell because once again half of the comments are about QC.
I'm trying to Understand a few things...
1) how is the design of the figure? Is the articulation good? Nice range? Does he hold poses or is this a statue basically?
2) does anyone have one free of QC issues?
3) forget about size and price...is this a good bot to have? Rate 1-10
Thnx

Problem with asking this is...it's like asking for a review about a 1970 chevelle SS.
No it doesn't corner well..No it doesn't get good gas mileage.... No it doesn't give you a plush ride and No it isn't good for getting groceries.

But would I kill to have one....Oh oh yea.
Would any of those things bother me if I owned one....Hell no.

My Remus is pure joy.... floppy joints...don't care...wobbly standing sometimes... don't care.
He's amazing looking and you either love him or not. If you we're a 70s super robot shogun warriors fan...you don't even have to ask.
You'd jump in with both feet.
My 3a zaku is worse and was double the price and smaller, but I wouldn't give him back either.
Buying a 3a WBR figure is both art and nostalgic blast from the past....Things like joint tightness while nice if they were perfect, just isn't that big of a deal for me anyway.
I look at him every day and it makes me smile....that's priceless

Jessiedart
Jessiedart
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessiedart Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Put em up...put em up...

[img]World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 9 20150624_204200_zpsgugiek6h[/img]
Jessiedart
Jessiedart
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Reks36 Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:55 am

Just picked up my Mars, One arm out of socket and a fin on his head knocked off Neutral

I was able to put both back in place but it sucks receiving a two foot robot like that

Heres to hoping Sky Blast don't come that way
Reks36
Reks36
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:33 am

Oneluckyboy wrote:I saw a Sky Blast on FB that was in pieces...my heart sank.  CS better hook a brotha up on that one.  

I would really like to see these.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:03 am

papamadoo wrote:

I would really like to see these.

It's in the ThreeA Legion group, should be a public group. I would post the images, but i dont know if the owner would want that.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:27 am

OMG, I'm not alone! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153452632485990&set=pcb.10153992029989488&type=1&theater
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:35 am

Wow, that sad to see.

I received my Mars but just looked at him briefly through the packaging, his arms seem intact but you can see dent in the cardboard backing made by his head.

I agree with Wutasi on his point, but I like the simplicity of the box art.
Jessiedart, a 70 Chevelle SS is awesome my poison is my 68 Camaro RS. I hope I can stop buy these toys so I can finally finish restoring her. Lol

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:56 am

jsalsa23 wrote:Wow, that sad to see.

I received my Mars but just looked at him briefly through the packaging, his arms seem intact but you can see dent in the cardboard backing made by his head.

Jessiedart,  a 70 Chevelle SS is awesome my poison is my 68 Camaro RS. I hope I can stop buy these toys so I can finally finish restoring her. Lol

Dude..my dad just got a 63 Impala SS 409...its pretty sweet! (hes been looking for a while)
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Oneluckyboy wrote:
jsalsa23 wrote:Wow, that sad to see.

Jessiedart,  a 70 Chevelle SS is awesome my poison is my 68 Camaro RS. I hope I can stop buy these toys so I can finally finish restoring her. Lol

Dude..my dad just got a 63 Impala SS 409...its pretty sweet! (hes been looking for a while)

NICE, the classics are getting harder & harder to find. A 409, wow my RS only has a 327. Lol

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Ill get some pics and post em up when i see it.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Sounds good, can't wait to see it.

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rad Toy Review Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:56 pm

My MARS had one arm out of socket which, while a pain in the ass, I was able to get back into it's socket where it sits just fine now. The right forearm however, was detached from the elbow. It'd slide in but fall right back out as soon as I wasn't supporting it. I put a little super glue in there and it seems to be holding OK for now.

Actually the worse part about it is that the fully intact arm has a completely floppy elbow that will NOT stay bent. It flops around. There's a tiny screw that looks like if I'd tighten it, it'd fix the problem... issue is, that screw is tucked up under the shoulder area and you can't get to it without breaking something else. Sucks, because the other arm is perfect in that area.

I dunno man.. whoever decided to package and ship these guys like this needs to go back to the "Don't pack bulky shit you plan to distribute all over the world like you would pack a t-shirt you're mailing down the street" school. Such a huge oversight.

All said, MARS LOOKS amazing and if I can figure out how to fix that other elbow he'll be my favorite release from 3A this year.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 9 11377362_824535180970746_6973376340972600949_n
Rad Toy Review
Rad Toy Review
Kitty Litter

http://www.radtoyreview.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:09 pm

I get it, we all want as least hassle as possible, so we try and fix things ourselfs, but it's a blade that cuts on both sides, we shouldn't slide into an atmosphere were it is the norm that you fix your own toys when they arrive broken, clearly by fault of 3A and not the shipping company. and I feel it's going that way lately.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Well At this point, people should atleast get some compensation
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:10 pm

You guys with the busted up bots makes my floppy ankles and arm not fitting in a poorly molded socket seem downright pedestrian by comparison.

The thing that pains me is that it is the first in this WBR line, and as a lover of the 70s bot vibe, this was easily my most anticipated toy and 3A line in a LONG time. As a design, it excels and hits all points perfectly. The paint application and and visual finish is exquisite. Given the relative price and bang for the buck, the joints being kinda wonky, and shipping process doesn't totally shock me. But I'd be lying if i said they weren't disappointing and clearly lacking though.

I'm not certain I'll blindly step up and grab Saturn now. Before receiving Romy, I was sure I would, even though I'm not as sold on Saturn's design. It' sucks royally. Again, I just love big bots. So now it really depends on how 3A makes right by folks, so I know what I'm getting into if I get a busted Saturn down the line after ordering it. At the end of the day, I can make some tweaks to my Romulus to get him up and more functional if I need to.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:13 pm

Just as an update, CS got back to me last night and said they'll get me a new arm, which is "Yah!" However, does anyone know how they ship replacement parts back to you? Because if it's in a soft pack, I'm not too confident it will come in any better shape. Sad
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gonk Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Jessiedart wrote:
Mr3AGO wrote:Can we get a few more honest reviews about if this is worth buying? It's hard to tell because once again half of the comments are about QC.
I'm trying to Understand a few things...
1) how is the design of the figure? Is the articulation good? Nice range? Does he hold poses or is this a statue basically?
2) does anyone have one free of QC issues?
3) forget about size and price...is this a good bot to have? Rate 1-10
Thnx

Problem with asking this is...it's like asking for a review about a 1970 chevelle SS.
No it doesn't corner well..No it doesn't get good gas mileage.... No it doesn't give you a plush ride and No it isn't good for getting groceries.

But would I kill to have one....Oh oh yea.
Would any of those things bother me if I owned one....Hell no.

My Remus is pure joy.... floppy joints...don't care...wobbly standing sometimes... don't care.
He's amazing looking and you either love him or not. If you we're a 70s super robot shogun warriors fan...you don't even have to ask.
You'd jump in with both feet.
My 3a zaku is worse and was double the price and smaller, but I wouldn't give him back either.
Buying a 3a WBR figure is both art and nostalgic blast from the past....Things like joint tightness while nice if they were perfect, just isn't that big of a deal for me anyway.
I look at him every day and it makes me smile....that's priceless

Well said, and nails why I'm psyched to get Mars. I have a lot of things in my collection that are from perfect, but I still have great love for them for many different reasons.

gonk
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:02 pm

If I'm going to step into this line any further, the packing is going to have to be addressed.  I'm simply not gonna drop 200 for a blister carded bot that's 25" tall.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Oneluckyboy wrote:If I'm going to step into this line any further, the packing is going to have to be addressed.  I'm simply not gonna drop 200 for a blister carded bot that's 25" tall.

I'm not a fan of Saturn, but the one thing I can say that will be a relief: his head. The boxes for Mars, etc looked too small. The head on mine was bent forward at a bad angle and was still eating into the cardboard around his head-fins. I thought for sure something would be broken around that area. But with Saturn, it doesn't look like he even has a neck, so...win? Question
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:09 am

With all the QC issues I had to pull my Mars out of the packaging. Luckily for me he's fine other than his left elbow joint being slightly loose. The fix is the screw but like another boardie mentioned, getting to it is the problem. GS, my cardboard above his head had dents as well. Overall, I love this fig. I feel bad for all the people who have had problems with theirs, hopefully CS will fix all the problems.

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:27 am

I got my MARS a few day ago but I haven't open him up yet. I know i'm dreading in doing so but tonight's the night I will find out if it's golden or a lemon.

Gimby, are you absorbing all the headaches people are having with the QC with the toy lines lately and passing it on to 3A and Ash ?
It's one thing for 3A-CS to get emails about broken toys, it's a whole other mater with the expressing of disappointment from the community when receiving their toys only to find when they open them they are broken across the board.

I just want to know if the Admins for this board are in contact with 3A and giving them the intel.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:54 am

UsedUniverse wrote:
Gimby, are you absorbing all the headaches people are having with the QC with the toy lines lately and passing it on to 3A and Ash ?
It's one thing for 3A-CS to get emails about broken toys, it's a whole other mater with the expressing of disappointment from the community when receiving their toys only to find when they open them they are broken across the board.

I just want to know if the Admins for this board are in contact with 3A and giving them the intel.

this. this, this and thissy this.

i REALLY wish Ash was still here with us on the board for this reason. when he was threeA seemed alot more connected to the customers and their concerns.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Shit Narnia Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:37 am

arm off. wobbly as fuck on mine.
Shit Narnia
Shit Narnia
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum