World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

+43
IronChap
SzuTsung
ozz
achtanders
Oneluckyboy
miracle bubbles
Plastic Robo
Danz
Matrix
robonaut
itisnick
regalia
PiggyV01
Joshimus
Rad Toy Review
mattyp
aconners1
Henchman
zzzzz
Cthulhu
geisT
noveltycross
jsalsa23
gonk
Grish
Mr. Rictus
papamadoo
gar
Mr3AGO
Shit Narnia
gregory
Jessiedart
illproxy
ESeffinga
UsedUniverse
Reks36
Beeratt
wutasi
x43x
fluppeco
GrandpaStern
Knightjar
gimbat
47 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 10 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Joshimus Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

My Mars Swirl and Blue Ghost are near perfect but I do have that elbow issue on Blue Ghost for his one arm. It's only Blue Ghosts arm. Mars is perfect so far. Hoping I can fix Blue's arm or get a replacement.

I got my Mars Swirl+Edo, Blue Ghost and 3AA Subscription all in one day.
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 10 KxdPHPY
(p.s. LOVE the t-shirt)
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 10 WM2eAHk
(yeah, it's holding Edo, no strings, no cheating)
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 10 UkYbio9
So awesome...but Blue is holding the one hand for a reason. Elbow joint won't hold that left arm at all, not even a little Sad

Still awesome though
Another complaint I have with the 3AGO figs, like Edo, is that the swords are too small for his not strong enough grip of hands. The fingers near the palm need to bend more and same goes for the TK 3AA Night and Day figs hands also don't hold the swords very well. I would recommend making the hilts of the swords a bit fatter for better form fit.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 10 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Oneluckyboy Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:55 am

I think one of my legs is a little longer on my sky blast. Nice pics Joshimus! Thanks for sharing.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:06 am

No problem. Glad to share.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Jessiedart wrote:
My Remus is pure joy.... floppy joints...don't care...wobbly standing sometimes... don't care.
He's amazing looking and you either love him or not. If you we're a 70s super robot shogun warriors fan...you don't even have to ask.
You'd jump in with both feet.
My 3a zaku is worse and was double the price and smaller, but I wouldn't give him back either.
Buying a 3a WBR figure is both art and nostalgic blast from the past....Things like joint tightness while nice if they were perfect, just isn't that big of a deal for me anyway.
I look at him every day and it makes me smile....that's priceless

I mean no offense, but to me that's a strange attitude, and even though you seem to be speaking objectively I imagine a lot of people wouldn't share the point of view. I dig the look of these bots and am a fan of old school Shogun Warriors, had a couple as a kid and wish I still did, but I passed on this as I have little faith in 3A's QC. Joint tightness is a huge deal for me as I want what I paid for. A fully articulated toy that can bear it's own weight. I want it to function as advertised and I don't want to keep giving money to a company that keeps making avoidable mistakes. When people turn a blind eye to these QC issues or fix their own brand new but faulty/broken straight out of the pack toy, 3A is not alerted to what's gone wrong and as such will not make moves to adjust their QC policies. That said, I am glad you are happy with your figure.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Funny, I said the same thing here once in another thread, Piggy and I aggree with you.Too many people enable the QC issues to continue with 3A. Shame.

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

https://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Back to top Go down

Post by Shit Narnia Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm inclined to agree. I've had to repair brand new items too many times...almost every time lately. Pretty sick of it.
Shit Narnia
Shit Narnia
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Appreciate your honesty! It's important to not accept such product and realize it hurts us all.

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Shit Narnia Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 pm

Likewise. I appreciate these issues being discussed as it is much more beneficial to ThreeA to know what is going wrong with their products in my opinion.
Shit Narnia
Shit Narnia
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:25 pm

That's a pretty deep red on mars, is that accurate or did you filter the image?
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Looks like the photo's just a bit underexposed is all. I do like the look of a dark red on Mars though.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightjar Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:12 pm

My Blue Ghost arrived in the UK safely. Very relieved to find nothing had broken or fallen off. Lovely toy.
Knightjar
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 am

The contrast on the pic is up to bring out darker tones, but Mars is a darker red to begin with, on mine anyway. Pic looks a bit darker than it is, but not much darker.
I agree with the QC thing, for the price we pay, I expect near perfection. Blue Ghost's arm needs to be replaced, or at least something because his arm is essentially useless unless his other one is holding it up. Mars is holding EDO with no issues, and I mean holding, not leaning up against anything, not weapons leaning up against Mars body, not arm leaning against background. His arms are solid. Blue Ghosts other arm is solid. The ONLY QC issue with either of them is BG's elbow joint...that's it. No floppyness, stands VERY well, both of them.
When I bought Mars and Edo set, it was a spur of the moment, have spare cash, kind of thing. Was gonna consider selling the set if I decided not to keep it...now I need to. I love it! I need to get them with Metroplex, Fortmax, and Godzilla at some point...But Blue Ghosts arm needs to be dealt with, because that I cannot accept.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by regalia Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:00 am

Picked up Mars today. Very nice looking toy, but of course, that's why I bought it. So yeah, I like it. Sort of.

Maybe I'm just at the end of my 3A enthusiasm and collecting phase, but I'm just not loving it.

Mars arrived pretty perfect with only a mild bit of the loose-ish elbows - not really a problem - just have to move slow and set his pose. So no hair pulling QC issues. But, that being said, I feel in a way the whole figure is a QC issue. It is very top heavy, wobbly and unstable. He just feels weird in my hands. I don't know. Not giving off the confident vibe of a 'Worlds Best Robot'. I guess 3A tried to give it a go with a fair amount of articulation but I'd probably have been more satisfied with less mobility and a more retro feeling solid figure.

Anyway, 3A still gives it the 'old college try'. They don't always graduate with honors but they are a little more interesting than most.
regalia
regalia
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:36 am

Not everyones boat will float, so to speak. I am more impressed with the WBR than I thought I would be, but disappointed with Blue Ghosts arm. (still gonna get CS to do something about it) but not disappointed with either figure as a whole.
To each their own.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessiedart Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:16 pm

PiggyV01 wrote:
Jessiedart wrote:
My Remus is pure joy.... floppy joints...don't care...wobbly standing sometimes... don't care.
He's amazing looking and you either love him or not. If you we're a 70s super robot shogun warriors fan...you don't even have to ask.
My 3a zaku is worse and was double the price and smaller, but I wouldn't give him back either.
Buying a 3a WBR figure is both art and nostalgic blast from the past....Things like joint tightness while nice if they were perfect, just isn't that big of a deal for me anyway.

I mean no offense, but to me that's a strange attitude, and even though you seem to be speaking objectively I imagine a lot of people wouldn't share the point of view. I dig the look of these bots and am a fan of old school Shogun Warriors, had a couple as a kid and wish I still did, but I passed on this as I have little faith in 3A's QC. Joint tightness is a huge deal for me as I want what I paid for. A fully articulated toy that can bear it's own weight. I want it to function as advertised and I don't want to keep giving money to a company that keeps making avoidable mistakes. When people turn a blind eye to these QC issues or fix their own brand new but faulty/broken straight out of the pack toy, 3A is not alerted to what's gone wrong and as such will not make moves to adjust their QC policies. That said, I am glad you are happy with your figure.

I guess my accepting of WBR's flaws comes from this...
If you collect Iron Man figures, you have a gaggle of places to go...Hot toys, Play arts,Sentinel, Hasbro, neca  bandai just to  name a few.
Batman fans.... all the above X10.
If you are a fan of classic Japanese style robots....very very few..mostly bandai Chogokin line.

If you are looking for large  shogun sized robots...almost none.

If you are looking for a original designed figure,with no book or movie or tv show to back it up, also designed to be 2+ft tall with inspirations of classic robots of the past....

Forget it...it'll never happen. But 3a did it. I can't imagine this line will ever make money, reach the collecting masses or continue in the future.  It was a labor of love by Ash and his love for old school super  robots.
As a business it was probably a loser proposition,  but he did it.
In my collecting life I can't recall a original design like it, and probably won't see the likes again ever.

Yes it's somewhat flawed... But deserves my support for having Balls bigger than King Kong to make it in the 1st place

When a better, child sized original designed. Missile firing robot under $200 bucks is made...I'm all in.
Till then, I'll support WBR..flaws not withstanding.
Jessiedart
Jessiedart
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Even Generations Metroplex at 2ft tall doesn't fire any missiles and mine feels less "built" than 3A's...So...yeah I can see that. I may have one improper arm on one figure but Metro's hip joints, I think all of em, were not built to withstand his upper weight. He should have strong ratcheting joints but they didn't do that so while he can stand on his own, his legs flop around easily. A 3rd part company has made a metal replacement for Metropex's hips, something Hasbro AND Takara should have done from engineering day 1.
I applaud 3A's effort here. I certainly did not expect to like Mars and Ghost as much as I do now.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:51 pm

Jessiedart wrote:
PiggyV01 wrote:
Jessiedart wrote:

If you collect Iron Man figures, you have a gaggle of places to go...Hot toys, Play arts,Sentinel, Hasbro, neca  bandai just to  name a few.
If you are a fan of classic Japanese style robots....very very few..mostly bandai Chogokin line.

If you are looking for a original designed figure,with no book or movie or tv show to back it up, also designed to be 2+ft tall with inspirations of classic robots of the past....

Forget it...it'll never happen. But 3a did it. I can't imagine this line will ever make money, reach the collecting masses or continue in the future.  It was a labor of love by Ash and his love for old school super  robots.
In my collecting life I can't recall a original design like it, and probably won't see the likes again ever.

Yes it's somewhat flawed... But deserves my support for having Balls bigger than King Kong to make it in the 1st place

When a better, child sized original designed. Missile firing robot under $200 bucks is made...I'm all in.

You make me want to cry.

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:34 am

Jessiedart wrote:
PiggyV01 wrote:
Jessiedart wrote:

Fair play. I just don't think big balls excuse sub-par execution.
I think it's mental that a company keeps churning out faulty product (and has been for years), yet people still sing their praises and insist that the superficial aspects of design outweigh/justify a fundamentally flawed end product.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:39 am

Well said Piggy!!
I've tried to tell people that this thinking is very common but they don't believe me. We are our worst enemy and enable the very problems we deal with.

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:44 am

Joshimus wrote:Even Generations Metroplex at 2ft tall doesn't fire any missiles and mine feels less "built" than 3A's...So...yeah I can see that. I may have one improper arm on one figure but Metro's hip joints, I think all of em, were not built to withstand his upper weight. He should have strong ratcheting joints but they didn't do that so while he can stand on his own, his legs flop around  easily. A 3rd part company has made a metal replacement for Metropex's hips, something Hasbro AND Takara should have done from engineering day 1.  
I applaud 3A's effort here. I certainly did not expect to like Mars and Ghost as much as I do now.

Glad that you like em, I am loving my Remus as well! Big time!

Are you going to display yours alone or with matching colorways toys?
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:28 am

I generally lump things together. All my 3-1/4 Marvel and 1 Batman (with Mattycollector Arkham Knight Batmobile) are together with my BAF Sentinels and Apocalypse, Galactus etc. All my Transformers legends scale figs (small), autobot and decepticon, are with Metroplex's, Fortmax, Omega Supreme, Skylynx etc, basically Autobot City, and it's ALL Legends size figs for every TF toyline. So really any 3AGO is gonna go with Mars and Ghost just because Edo is there, matching or not. It fits, so I am good with that.
With WBR size, they may go on my fireplace mantel with Rex and Ray. Metroplex has the luxury of a 24" robot becoming a more compact city for my smaller TF toys, WBR does not, so yeah, probably gonna be with Rex and Ray and Dark Cowboy and Equine set. That set is there too.
I have a spot in my toy room for my 3A 12" figs and a spot in my bedroom for 1/12th scale figs.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:00 am

UsedUniverse wrote:I got my MARS a few day ago but I haven't open him up yet. I know i'm dreading in doing so but tonight's the night I will find out if it's golden or a lemon.

Gimby, are you absorbing all the headaches people are having with the QC with the toy lines lately and passing it on to 3A and Ash ?
It's one thing for 3A-CS to get emails about broken toys, it's a whole other mater with the expressing of disappointment from the community when receiving their toys only to find when they open them they are broken across the board.

I just want to know if the Admins for this board are in contact with 3A and giving them the intel.

Any help?

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by regalia Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:43 am

After a day with Mars - despite being the Worlds Best Shaky Robot - the 3A Kool-Aid is kicking in and my 'like' is turning to LOVE.
regalia
regalia
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Haha! This is why 3A will be around FORVER!!

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by itisnick Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:51 pm

>If you are looking for large shogun sized robots...almost none.

There are a whole bunch of Jumbo Machinder/Shogun Warrior styled and sized new releases the last few years, not that the far more articulated 3A WBR line is that format though clearly an hommage. Though it does occur that Remus being retail might very well spark lots of non 3A collector interest and support. Just saw a black Star Wars Stormtrooper "Shadowtrooper" the other day styled Jumbo Machinder. Certainly the extra articulation, weathering etc. makes them different and a good value considering the pricing of newly made Jumbo Machinder hommages.

itisnick
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum