World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Oneluckyboy on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:17 pm

Hey Jessiedart - post up a pic of the bottle of Future Shine so those that are looking to try the method know what to look for. I no longer have my bottle of the stuff.
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by gar on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Mr3AGO wrote:Seriously? So who DOESNT have one with issues beside the Mods?

Dear Mr3AGO,

Sorry, I am a bit slow.
But since you're not a dog or an animal with short attention span, I do it now:

I don't have issues with people commenting on quality issues they have with their toys and fenting their disappointment.
But to me, reading through your posts, it looks like your only reason to be here is to make a stink out of every issue that arises.
regardless if it affects you or not.

I am tired of the pretty much constant stream of vitriolic comments and insinuations.
There are some normal and nice comments as well, but you know all to well how it works with negativity, it drags all the shit down and makes everything looks sad.

So I want to ask you to stop it.
Or I am forced to remove your ability to post.

Since this isn’t a discussion but a monologue.
any argument you want to start about this has the same effect.
Where ever you do it.

Have a nice day.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:13 pm

My second email to CS went unresponded to. They did tell me they would get back to me after the first one, but then nothing about my shoulder joint not staying in socket. But I've been getting worried and leaving Romy laying down. I left him standing upright the first night in front of the couch, and when I came in the next day he was doing the limbo, with the back of his head resting against it. Those ankles...

I picked up my bottle of "future shine", but haven't applied it to his ankles yet (which are the worst joints on mine). Did anyone else have to apply it to the ankles? If so, and tips or hints on how to effectively get up and in there, since he's got all those layers of parts in the way? Bottle looks like this. From what I've read, the old Future Shine label isn't used anymore.

I took matters into my own hands regarding his shoulder yesterday. I moved the arm, which of course popped the left arm back out it's socket. I froze Remus sans-arm for an hour, then I Dremeled out the inside of the socket just a little. It seemed to be thick in there and wasn't allowing the ball to completely seat in the socket. I'm guessing the mold didn't take the vinyl evenly on mine or something. I also knocked back the texture some of those willy nilly grooves/slashes the hatchery cut into the shoulder ball at the same time because they were contributing to it not fitting, and redid the hair drier trick to get him back together. So the shoulder thing is properly snug and sorted. Never thrilled about having to do surgery on pricey toys, but getting happier with the outcome. Yay.

Next, ankles!
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Danz on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:03 pm

So the floor shine works the same as the nail polish? Works with all the joints?
Danz
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:25 pm

The good thing about floor shine, it is tougher than nail polish once dried and won't strip the paint/weathering on the contact area.
Cons: dries slower, thin layer at a time so may need multiple applications
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:09 am

gar wrote:

Dear Mr3AGO,

Sorry, I am a bit slow.

I don't have issues with people commenting on quality issues they have with their toys and fenting their disappointment.
But to me, reading through your posts, it looks like your only reason to be here is to make a stink out of every issue that arises.

I am tired of the pretty much constant stream of vitriolic comments and insinuations.
There are some normal and nice comments as well, but you know all to well how it works with negativity, it drags all the shit down and makes everything looks sad.

Where ever you do it.

Have a nice day.

Dear Gar,

I get it. Constant negativity is a bummer. However, when induced by consistently inferior products it's gonna happen.

Don't get me wrong, ThreeA have some of the best toy designs out there, and whilst I don't think it necessary to labour a point there is a culture of acceptance regarding sub par QC and DIY fixes on brand new figures on this forum that should not be. And as Ash claimed in the past in reference to himself and his product, someone has to be "the wall… against the tide of bullshit and mediocrity".

I'd hate to see the love it or leave attitude attitude become as prevalent here as it was on the old forum but hey, this one can be shut down, deleted and rebooted like the last. There will always be new, uninformed customers.

There are lots of people voicing disappointment all around the interwebz who may not be doing so here as they have previously been banned or publicly threatened with a banning instead of in a PM or just aren't members here, but this is a forum. By definition reasonable negativity and discussion should be allowed.

(Also, he's called Mr3AGO, so I assume he likes and wants the product but, reasonably, free of QC issues and functional like he paid, or would've paid for).

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:59 am

good word, piggyv01!

i have my reasons why i focus on pre 2013 stuff, but after my "rant" phase 2014, and gar (still like u!) shoot me a nice comment,
i respect this praise place, and didnt wanted to piss in 3A's livingroom...

but ongoing QC issues, more scales and lines, ignoring fans wishes and suggestions, as ash didnt hold eye contact
with legion , sadly i dont care anymore...just hope for the best...

it has reasons, why 3A became "uncool" at some places, and lost the hard earned
"hurray, new stuff from 3A = flashed!!! statues" ...a fading good bye....cheerio...

Last edited by geisT on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:05 am

Arrived fine! The GID had his right arm detached but it popped back on no problem. Very happy with them, especially Mars! The thing is now I want them all!

Last edited by Plastic Robo on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:07 am

Haven't opened the EDO yet but he looks great! Delighted with him.

Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:45 am

Nice pics!!
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Thanks Piggy. I'm glad you get it 100%. Youre a good guy.
The joke is I came here today to say I broke down and got TWO WBRs!!
Don't worry Gar you don't have to do anything with me.
Sorry you took my comment about Mods not having issues because at the time it was true and truth is not slander.
The odd thing is it's actually you that have written several exagerations and untruths about me that I'm shocked to see.
I've seen so many people post INSULTS and say terrible things about 3A but you attack me? Are you mixing me up with someone else? Are you not able to read my questions about more 3ago, my support, my name?!
No worries, I know I can't debate with you and would rather never post here again.
Thanks!
Have a nicer day!

PiggyV01 wrote:
gar wrote:

Dear Mr3AGO,

Sorry, I am a bit slow.

Where ever you do it.

Have a nice day.

Dear Gar,

I get it. Constant negativity is a bummer. However, when induced by consistently inferior products it's gonna happen.

Don't get me wrong, ThreeA have some of the best toy designs out there, and whilst I don't think it necessary to labour a point there is a culture of acceptance regarding sub par QC and DIY fixes on brand new figures on this forum that should not be. And as Ash claimed in the past in reference to himself and his product, someone has to be "the wall… against the tide of bullshit and mediocrity".

I'd hate to see the love it or leave attitude attitude become as prevalent here as it was on the old forum but hey, this one can be shut down, deleted  and rebooted like the last. There will always be new, uninformed customers.

There are lots of people voicing disappointment all around the interwebz who may not be doing so here as they have previously been banned or publicly threatened with a banning instead of in a PM or just aren't members here, but this is a forum. By definition reasonable negativity and discussion should be allowed.

(Also, he's called Mr3AGO, so I assume he likes and wants the product but, reasonably, free of QC issues and functional like he paid, or would've paid for).

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

https://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:24 pm

this kind of stuff here makes me sad, makes me wan't to give up supporting this little community.

Gar is a good dude, but those last 6 lines of your post, Gar, made me a little .... I hate censorship and I'm convinced the internet is a flawed communication tool where people can't really measure the tone of a post and everything is very subjective. I really hope you were just having a grumpy morning and didn't mean that. cheers.
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:28 pm

I've been noticing this sort of thing across a lot of company forums right now. People get upset with issues about the products, feel they aren't being heard, and go to the forums to vent. Not saying that it happened here necessarily, but the venters can sometimes sound entitled or disrespectful. That, in turn, leads to someone being singled out and disciplined in the form of "keep the negativity out!" Which only serves to fire up the customers who already felt their concerns were being ignored.

For me, I guess I sort of know what I'm getting here. I order something. Hope it's going to be okay, but always have a bad feeling it wont stand. My GID Bertie was the first time I actually got burned. No weathering, arm wouldn't stay raised. Was told to get used to it or send it back. I chose to keep it. But then I bought 8 more figures and it turned out that the one I really wanted to be perfect, Sky Blast, was the worst of all, coming with a broken arm. However, as of now, CS says they will eventually send me a new one. I'm being patient, but yeah, I can see how others would be getting sick of it. I think by this point, though, people should either expect QC issues or not buy 3A. I'm not saying it's right. I'm not saying it's how a company should make figures. It's just a reality. There's been a lot of talk about alerting CS vs. fixing it yourself. There's a third option. Just stop buying. I'm nearing that point, but I do like 3A's designs, so we'll see how the future goes for a little while longer.
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:40 am

Well, myself and three other people I know bought five of these bots between us and only one had issues, which was sorted within a week by CS after they were contacted. So I am sure there are loads out there that are fine.
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:20 am

Mine only had an arm popped off. It was an easy thing to pop in.
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by miracle bubbles on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:22 am

That EDO is so awesome. Hope he goes up on Bamba one day.
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:28 pm

miracle bubbles wrote:That EDO is so awesome.  Hope he goes up on Bamba one day.  

Actually was just thinking about this. There was a black and white Edo set in 1/6, so im sure at some stage they will be released in the 3AGO scale. That would be great.
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Plastic Robo wrote:
miracle bubbles wrote:That EDO is so awesome.  Hope he goes up on Bamba one day.  

Actually was just thinking about this. There was a black and white Edo set in 1/6, so im sure at some stage they will be released in the 3AGO scale. That would be great.

wasn't they part of te first TKlub ? they was in pack.

Well if we start to see Klub figure in 3ago some will be pissed , good good Wink
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:12 am

papamadoo wrote:
Plastic Robo wrote:

Actually was just thinking about this. There was a black and white Edo set in 1/6, so im sure at some stage they will be released in the 3AGO scale. That would be great

Well if we start to see Klub figure in 3ago some will be pissed , good good Wink

3AGO is a lot different than 1:6 so I am not sure it is really an issue.
I think it will piss of more people if the Blue EDO is a super limited surprise drop during the next 3AGO wave. Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:39 pm

gar wrote:
papamadoo wrote:
Plastic Robo wrote:

Actually was just thinking about this. There was a black and white Edo set in 1/6, so im sure at some stage they will be released in the 3AGO scale. That would be great

3AGO is a lot different than 1:6 so I am not sure it is really an issue.
I think it will piss of more people if the Blue EDO is a super limited surprise drop during the next 3AGO wave. Wink

I agree Gar. I would love to see more TK's and WWR figures released in 3AGO scale. Or better yet, some AK figures!
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:41 pm

How do you all get the Skyblast or others to stand up on their own? I've had mine take headers off of the table 4 times already and on the last one an antenna broke off, which sucks.

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:24 am

Considering selling my MARS. Just to big and doesn't really go with what I have. Love him but I think I made the mistake of getting him.
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:54 am

Always a potential bummer. I wouldn't get rid of my Rommy for anything. He may be flawed, but still such an amazing design. But I've been there on other figs before. Shipping him is gonna be a nightmare. I feel for ya. Part of me kinda wishes I'd grabbed a Mars too.
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:10 am

I had a really tough time choosing just one of them. I knew i could only do one..so I decided on Sky Blast (or Blue Ghost, whatever you want to call him). I would LOVE a Mars..but absolutely no room, and I need to focus on the next 1/6 Bertie.
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:02 am

my Mars arrived with the left arm detached, what is the best way to get the arm back in without damaging anything?
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top