World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

+43
IronChap
SzuTsung
ozz
achtanders
Oneluckyboy
miracle bubbles
Plastic Robo
Danz
Matrix
robonaut
itisnick
regalia
PiggyV01
Joshimus
Rad Toy Review
mattyp
aconners1
Henchman
zzzzz
Cthulhu
geisT
noveltycross
jsalsa23
gonk
Grish
Mr. Rictus
papamadoo
gar
Mr3AGO
Shit Narnia
gregory
Jessiedart
illproxy
ESeffinga
UsedUniverse
Reks36
Beeratt
wutasi
x43x
fluppeco
GrandpaStern
Knightjar
gimbat
47 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:17 am

A little heat and working it back in. My left arm was popped off, but it just popped right back in without much fuss. Just be patient with it.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by fluppeco Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:18 am

Oneluckyboy wrote:A little heat and working it back in.  My left arm was popped off, but it just popped right back in without much fuss. Just be patient with it.

so you heat the socket or the peg, or both?
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:45 am

I usually do the socket, just a little. You can run it under warm water, or a hairdryer..just don't get it to soft.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:06 am

Oneluckyboy wrote:I usually do the socket, just a little. You can run it under warm water, or a hairdryer..just don't get it to soft.

thx it worked.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:40 am

I must say, mine having little to no issues, for me this is the best toy released this year until the 12" bothead + loper gets here obviously, but for now this beast gets the cake. It was an anxious unboxing but popping the left arm in wasn't that much of a hassle. When I pose him I can hear the vinyl settling for a while, little cracks here and there but once settled he keeps his poses. Hopefully it lasts...
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:44 am

Sweet! Glad that worked for ya. I agree..this is the coolest toy of the year.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:07 am

Well I found out that the Skyblast arm was really fragile, (at the elbow)

I Broke it Neutral, I tougth the support was like the 3ago elbow, but the joint are supported on by a thin part on the interior Neutral.

I had to glue it back with ultimate glue.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 20150613

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 20150611

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 20150612

the broken elbow

2 weeks now and still standing high, even with 2 cats around ..
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by achtanders Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:07 pm

What huge robots they are! Shocked

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 Img_5311

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 Img_5310
achtanders
achtanders
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:38 pm

what happen to remus D: was it supposed to be black D:
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by ozz Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:23 pm

finally got MARS unpacked. left arm off at shoulder.... was able to get back on though socket seems to be not deep enough. elbows also a bit loose. but he looks beautiful, no doubt.

ozz
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:47 am

One week, he held his pose. But then he fell of the desk with a loud bang, taking a glass with him in his fall, leaving sharp shatters everywhere. No damage to Mars. Mars is confined to the floor from now on... Sad
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Saw newer pics of Saturn..he looks much better than I thought..but i sure as heck hope they revisit the packing method.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by itisnick Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:02 am

wutasi wrote:
jsalsa23 wrote:Got my Mars today, but won't open til I get home from work. Just wondering if the EDO came with it since I ordered the set.

It's in there, here's how the set's packed

Source: 俞偉豪 on FB 3A4TW
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 549392_10204878712667483_8967173826279375330_n

Just noticed that the obi/bellyband on the universe swirl set in the photo says "Mars". My Mars (not universe swirl) has a different bellyband that doesn't say "Mars" but talks about the universe swirl set on the back. So I guess they were randomly packed or are both mine and the photo rare accidents?

itisnick
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:58 am

Still waiting for my replacement Sky Blast arm. Sad
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:32 am

Maybe send another email to CS?
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:22 pm

That would be my fourth. They keep saying that they're trying to get the factory to make one, but so far no luck.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:02 am

I know it's a long shot but I know Greg and Gimbat hover around in here from time to time. I'm still waiting on a replacement arm for my Sky Blast. I know it takes time, but I keep feeling like it's going to fall through the cracks. Is there any way to jump start an arm for a brother?
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:47 am

GrandpaStern wrote:I know it's a long shot but I know Greg and Gimbat hover around in here from time to time. I'm still waiting on a replacement arm for my Sky Blast. I know it takes time, but I keep feeling like it's going to fall through the cracks. Is there any way to jump start an arm for a brother?

If you want, you can forward your last communication with CS and attach photos of the issue to gimbat@threeAonline.com and I can follow up

The thing with the replacements - when there are no stock, parts has to be manufactured at the Hatchery and if there is no opening to do that - it might take a while and I will not be much of a help (if CS already asked for that part and they haven't received it from the Hatchery).
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SzuTsung Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:08 pm

I aways think the set up of WBR should be bigger, just like Jaegers from Pacific Rim...

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 10898982_1646610852267394_1884441494_n

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 13 12424875_1282154011810922_268655911_n

SzuTsung
SzuTsung
Yesterday Kid

http://ein113.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightjar Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:38 am

Great photos!
Knightjar
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 pm

So, this is my horror story. When Sky Blast arrived a long, long time ago. The left arm was in two pieces. The connector between the bicep and forearm was snapped. I sent a request to CS for a new arm. They flat out told me they didn't have any more. I asked if they could make another. They went back and forth. Finally, recently, they said, "Great news! We're not giving you an arm, but we'll give you the little joint that snapped!" So, I went and dug out my Sky Blast and looked at the arm. I can see no way to remove the old joint and insert the new joint. There doesn't seem to be any screws or even a seam if I remember correctly. I asked them again, "I think you need to make and assemble an entire arm for me, because there's no way for me to fix this on my own." And again, they were super happy to send me a picture of the joint and say, "It's on the way soon!"

For the love of god, can anyone on here tell me if there is a way to replace that joint? It seems to me that its molded and glued in there. And to make matters worse, I feel like the arms are solid pieces. Any help would be so so awesome because this is whole thing is a fiasco. I'm getting to the point where I actually want to send it back and get a refund, but other than the arm, I love the piece.

https://imgur.com/a/8T1ix
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Just noticed that the joint isn't glow, either. Rolling Eyes

Honestly, if someone can tell me how to repair it, I won't care.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Their replacement piece sure looks like it was just sprayed blue, screw and all, certainly not GID plastic... But I guess any replacement is something.

Looks like the pieces that go into the arms from the elbow are glued in? You could try throwing the pieces of the arm in the freezer for a good while to see if it makes the glue brittle enough to pull the broken joint pieces out but it'd depend on the type of glue used at the hatchery.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:27 pm

The glue was part of my worry. It also looks like the piece tapers wide towards the end, so I wonder if I'll have to drill it. I'm handy, but I don't know if I'm that handy. Sigh. Thanks for the advice!
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:44 am

Good luck with whatever course you take! I've had success in freezing glue before but only hot glue and superglue, if they used plastic cement to fuse the pieces it won't work :/ Could maybe drill out as much as possible then try to file the rest out at the edges? You've got me racking my brains on this repair haha
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum