World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

+43
IronChap
SzuTsung
ozz
achtanders
Oneluckyboy
miracle bubbles
Plastic Robo
Danz
Matrix
robonaut
itisnick
regalia
PiggyV01
Joshimus
Rad Toy Review
mattyp
aconners1
Henchman
zzzzz
Cthulhu
geisT
noveltycross
jsalsa23
gonk
Grish
Mr. Rictus
papamadoo
gar
Mr3AGO
Shit Narnia
gregory
Jessiedart
illproxy
ESeffinga
UsedUniverse
Reks36
Beeratt
wutasi
x43x
fluppeco
GrandpaStern
Knightjar
gimbat
47 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Abrader Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 am

Some other things to say;

While I loved 3AGO Hemingway from the Saturn set - I have 4 different 1/6 MOMBA EDO figures and the 3AGO version is not nearly as good.

I think I’ll stsy 1/6 unless it’s a big bot pack in.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Abrader Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:38 pm

I liked Mars so much I fetched Romulus, Remus and Ghost.

Just got all three in yesterday. Haven’t opened the boxes yet.

I was happy with Mars and it needed an arm popped in.

What will my luck be with these 3?

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 am

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 94dfb510

About to bust these open now - my little dude is pretty hyper and clapping at the majestic boxes.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:48 am

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 Ccb3a410

Remus is all good except for a popped arm - however while I popped mars arm back in with no trouble - I haven’t been able to fix this even with hot water or hairdryer.

When I push hard the ball on the arm crushes the entire vinyl shoulder instead of the ball popping in the hole.

I’ll keep trying. I’m all bruised up and sweaty from just wrestling with it hehe.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:02 am

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 25b3ab10

Did it! Haha I was down on the floor on top of it pushing with all my weight.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:17 am

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 575c2810
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 F142d310

Ghost / Skyblast had a popped arm that went right back in with an easy heat and twist.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:50 am

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 B4c5a510
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 272b7010

Romulus has been the most hardcore bondage date so far. Both arms off in the box - while on top of him on the floor popping those arms back on he shot me with his missile and the one of his legs broke off Sad arms back on tho. The leg break fortunately is a planned break point where the post can be easy glued back into a whole. Not a plastic snap.

Not so bad but wow I’m beat. Feel like I was just wrestling little people.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 am

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 6be6f410
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 92e28310
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 15 Fe8c8110

The set is solid! Believe!

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:46 pm

That is a pretty impressive bunch of insanely huge robots.
Also funny to see they let the most deadly WWR robot "the Beagle", bite the dust.

Regarding a 3AGO comparison to the threeA 1/12 Action Portable and 1/6 scale releases.
You can't compare the former to the latter 2.

3AGO is based on the 8" Mego action figures of the 70s and early 80s.
Relatively they are less complex than the highly detailed  and "anatomically correct" 1/12 and 1/6th figures.
Most notable is the large head and chunky body.
They have been relatively cheap compared to the Action Portable and 1/6th as well.
Although Action Portable has been comparable in price, it rose to be about twice as expensive or more with the latest releases.

3AGO releases overview in the threeA Toy Catalogue starts here.
Action Portable here.

All other threeA releases could be found there as well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Oh hey - that’s good info I didn’t know!

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Abrader wrote:Oh hey - that’s good info I didn’t know!

Even without having a question you get answers.

You can ask for info if you have questions regarding threeA toys.
Even if you see something for sale and want more info on the figure.

We're happy to help.

Don't ask me about broken toys repair help because somehow my threeA toys seldom break.
Except Nom de fucking Plume.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:13 pm

I did want to say about the WBR line. I really like the way they are made with regard to break points.

I have had a few big bots thru here the last 90 days. Some big ThreeZero Gundams and 3a Metal Gear Ray and Rex 1/42.

I actually had to buy another metal gear ray because I thrashed my first one so easy snapping off a lower leg at a break point. I got a new one in and it’s already has hard PVC pieces snapped off inside of it rattling around - and I really am bending it with the release buttons as one is supposed to. Real buzzkill to play with really. Theezero Gundams also brought me not happy face when they snap and break easy in normal use. It’s always a hard pvc snap too. Often in an area that can’t even be drilled and pegged.

These WBR bodies are like 5 big pieces of sofubi held together by joints with big balls or thick pegs inserted into softer vinyl slots and a dab of shop glue. For me anyway it makes them more enjoyable as they aren’t nearly as fragile or rickety as many other towering bots I have managed. When wrestling with Romulus on the floor to pop both his arms back in that joint peg in the leg broke out of the soft vinyl peg hole so easy and fixed easy. If that were a big bot by any other maker I would have likely snapped off a peg there making it a real shit situation. These things are durable and I feel like one can actually have fun with them instead of just having to stick them in a case. They rough play well.

Just trying to get 4 18-24” ThreeZero Gundams in a pose would be so painful as they fling and flail with awkward weight accessories popping off and flying everywhere if they are barely bumped.....

For big bots WBR pose great and easy and have great no cry break points. iMO in my experience. They are also bottom heavy with their hard plastic / joint foot mechanisms.

For me it’s just about everything I want in a big bot. They just need a few lights in there.

Hope to see more WBR.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:13 pm

Seeing the full set is fantastic! I only bought Remus (out of space considerations), but he is still a favorite for me. Pushed the right buttons... Nostalgia, desire to play with it, simplicity, and through all that, also a unique fresh take on that nostalgia.

Somehow I doubt we'll see more WBR in the current release environment, but I sure would love it if we did.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:46 pm

Oh wow I just thought if they could make WBR MK3 with one of those grinding spark wheels like in my old godzilla and robot toys as a kid. You know makes the toy shoot a shower of sparks out of its mouth or chest. Would be amazing for this retro line.

I had many of these shogun as a kid. Likely all clones/bootlegs in the Us / but in general the same fist shooting, etc gimmicks.

Another cool toy inovarion from that era was mixing hard pvc robotic looking parts with those long stretchy tendril bits which were rubber hoses filled with some kind of sand or oil. You could stretch the limbs real long and they always snapped back.

So a 24” Retrobot with spark mouth and stretchy tendrils would be so fucking ace for me personally.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by philback Sat May 16, 2020 12:15 pm

hi guys - old post, but new kid on the forum. As for WBR, I actually just bought MARS off a guy from the FB Legion board last week, and I can't wait to get him in hand! Abrader's pics are part of the reason I pursued MARS. I look forward to the scale of the figure, in with my other 1/6 toys. I am finding that I tend to like the larger scale toys... which does become a space issue but oh well, things I'll worry about later!

philback
Kitty Litter

http://www.3afans.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum