World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

+70
eustarwars
BlackBellamy
UsedUniverse
chiowhon
gimbat
Syd Bee
Sideglide
fluppeco
Wooly
Skipper11x
Crem
gundamben831
Chanimation
Gloomy
Hisoka44
didadi
SS01
Beaumont
raveer
Mr. Rictus
ineedmoretoys
zendeluxe
Devours
expathos
J&J
d3nnis
Heirforce
mattyp
Artoo
illproxy
zzzzz
Albino
Lrihk
Firehazzard
IronChap
ghostmouse
Noir
3a_boltman
carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u
Ozmax
supernova
Dar Wolfram
Wilbur
Deus Machina
DT2
zbrushman
geisT
ArtWar
pezbanana
eyesaw
The Dr Of Style
kreig_gear
Danz
counterfeit
666ways2love
papamadoo
gar
noveltycross
YamiQ
Matrix
Oneluckyboy
gregory
BPP
dtrain
miracle bubbles
BRiZL
Dolly
ESeffinga
bianco
Tigerfeet
74 posters

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS - Page 5 Empty Re: JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

Post by ESeffinga Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:04 am

So you are going too, Dan?
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS - Page 5 Empty Re: JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

Post by gimbat Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 am

ESeffinga wrote:So you are going too, Dan?

Looking for cheap tickets and stay, hoping for super bargain and miracle to happen.

I don't have my hopes up, but no complaints...I was there last year and 3A show in Japan + visiting Tokyo, was our dream coming true.

Are you and Sarah going by any chance?
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtWar Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:41 am

sorry for my bad english but i don't know if i understand it right...
we can get the exclusives only in this huge sets??? or is there a chance to get them seperatly? and if yes... the sell a specific amount every day or the sale begins on the first day and when its gone than its gone?! so have people that attend on the last days any chance to get there hands on the hot stuff???

ArtWar
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:36 am

-.-..../?
jumps the shark....Far too empTness...ouT.schsssiiIIi._.
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:07 am

gimbat wrote:
ESeffinga wrote:So you are going too, Dan?

Looking for cheap tickets and stay, hoping for super bargain and miracle to happen.

I don't have my hopes up, but no complaints...I was there last year and 3A show in Japan + visiting Tokyo, was our dream coming true.

Are you and Sarah going by any chance?

will you atleast be able to pick sothing even if you not going Surprised ? It would be really sad if even 3a staff can't have a pick Sad
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by zbrushman Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:27 am

Hoping Angry Zombkin makes it to Bamba. Can't wait to see a preview of the bugger.
zbrushman
zbrushman
Tomorrow King

http://jpad3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:22 am

gregory wrote:No date set for the Preorderable sets. Dates will be announced very soon, we just wanted to announce the details and prices so people have time to get money saved up.

There are no guaranteed preorders for the other listed exclusives at this time.

Thanks for the early announcement! Im in ramen eating mode now.

Also, the pre-order online is a great idea and hopefully more items other than the sets will be included. It makes it nicer to not fuss with big money and instead enjoy the show content.

Last edited by Sideglide on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Angry zombkin sounds great- I'd settle for a grumpy zombkin for Bamba!

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:49 pm

I bet bamba got angry charkin or angry milky

finger crossed for big pumpkin head similar with TK bothead someday (halloween drop maybe)!
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by DT2 Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:33 am

I imagine angry zoom kin will be some type of red

DT2
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Machina Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Pity. So want that Death Mask Shogun!
Deus Machina
Deus Machina
Yesterday Kid

http://fatgeckoblogii.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:07 am

Gregory, will you be making a separate thread for attendees / planning? It would make things more clear and focused for those traveling, allow us to share itineraries and give thoughts or suggestions in regards to the journey.

I'm so jazzed for this, can't fully grasp the awesomeness that awaits. bounce
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:29 am

If people want a separate thread for attendees sure

On the other hand there's not a ton of activity on here so it'll probably be easy to keep track of in this thread

gregory
gregory
Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:58 am

This thread might become very active once show opens and pics start rolling, but till then all the planning can be done right here.

In what area you guys plan to stay?

We were staying in Shibuya last year and loved it, Tokyo has perfect subway & transportation system, once you figure how things work.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:25 am

I'm flying into Narita Airport on Sept 17th around 5pm, then taking the train to Tokyo Station and then a transfer up to Ueno. I'll be staying at the Centurion Hotel Ueno, about a 5 minute walk to the venue. Leaving on the 23rd.
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:56 am

dtrain wrote:I'm flying into Narita Airport on Sept 17th around 5pm, then taking the train to Tokyo Station and then a transfer up to Ueno. I'll be staying at the Centurion Hotel Ueno, about a 5 minute walk to the venue.  Leaving on the 23rd.  

Ueno is a sweet place, should be very zen.

How long is your travel time in total? Got to be close to 24 hours if you are changing planes or it's a direct flight?
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am

It's actually not that bad. 14-15 hours total each way, I fly out of Phoenix with a 2-3 hour layover in San Diego and then straight to Narita. Going back it's Narita to L.A. with a 2 hour layover before getting back to Phoenix. I leave in the morning on the 16th and arrive the evening of the 17th.
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Matrix Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:03 am

thought of making this trip myself but can't afford it in time, would be a great chance to visit a beautiful place while enjoying the 3a smiles on our lips.
Matrix
Matrix
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:19 am

Managed to snag direct flights and staying at an airbnb for a week pretty close to the gallery. Not looking forward to being on a plane for that long, but it'll be worth it. Gonna be a great show
gregory
gregory
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Is king crab a figure or a book. Anyone has any idea? Very interesting name just like the previous figure sea monkey

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Its a figure, based on a character William Wray created

He posted an image of the prototype on his instagram

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS - Page 5 11371192_770753026355817_639690405_n

gregory
gregory
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Oic, thanks Greg for the info.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ennui Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Transfers in Denver, CO for me.
About 16-18hrs transit, but that's nowhere near as long as traveling to Beijing was so I can handle it :)
ennui
ennui
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Feel free to PM me if anyone runs into any trouble confusion while in Japan.

I highly recommend anyone coming to rent a wifi hotspot so you are always connected. This comes in handy if you need to look up something. My friends usually get it when they come and always pays for itself.

dtrain: Ueno is indeed pretty cool. THere is Ameyoko (alleyway market with lots of fresh food, snacks, clothes, and things). Ueno park, ushima shrine, etc. Also one of my favorite spots to eat.

I forget the name, but very close to the venue is a shrine that has become popular for artists to make a "pray" wooden message board. They tie them on on a board post with their own unique drawing style. You can see lots of cool art there.

7-11 usually allows people to withdraw for cash at their ATMs. Remember, most places are cash only. I believe the show is also cash only. Credit card is not really used and we don't have debit cards. Cash is king.

Tokyo is pretty subdued when it comes to being in public. It is considered rude to eat or drink while walking or using transit. Same goes for smoking (there are smoking areas). Also, resist the urge to do pull ups on the train support bars.

No need to tip at restaurants or anything.

Most all places are safe at night except for a few spots.

It will still be hot at the end of September so bring a little towel to wipe sweat off your face and a backpack or similar for all your daily things. Trash cans are not found in public except the convenience stores so you might have to carry your trash with you. There are plenty of drink bottle/can recycle bins though.

If anyone has a question, post up and I can try to answer.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Is there anyone from Asia?

Noir
Noir
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next