World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

+70
eustarwars
BlackBellamy
UsedUniverse
chiowhon
gimbat
Syd Bee
Sideglide
fluppeco
Wooly
Skipper11x
Crem
gundamben831
Chanimation
Gloomy
Hisoka44
didadi
SS01
Beaumont
raveer
Mr. Rictus
ineedmoretoys
zendeluxe
Devours
expathos
J&J
d3nnis
Heirforce
mattyp
Artoo
illproxy
zzzzz
Albino
Lrihk
Firehazzard
IronChap
ghostmouse
Noir
3a_boltman
carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u
Ozmax
supernova
Dar Wolfram
Wilbur
Deus Machina
DT2
zbrushman
geisT
ArtWar
pezbanana
eyesaw
The Dr Of Style
kreig_gear
Danz
counterfeit
666ways2love
papamadoo
gar
noveltycross
YamiQ
Matrix
Oneluckyboy
gregory
BPP
dtrain
miracle bubbles
BRiZL
Dolly
ESeffinga
bianco
Tigerfeet
74 posters

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS - Page 6 Empty Re: JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

Post by dtrain Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:34 pm

Thanks Sideglide, great information.  The heat isn't a big deal from me, it's averaging 110 degrees with high humidity in Arizona right now so nothing new sunny

My biggest concern is getting everything I buy back home safely.  I plan on bringing a huge empty piece of luggage but fear it won't be enough.  Any suggestions on shipping stuff back home?  Any particular shipping facilities nearby and what are the rates like?
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS - Page 6 Empty Re: JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

Post by Sideglide Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:04 am

Big suitcase should be OK. International flights usuallly let you bring a lot. It would be cheaper to buy a cheap bag and, if need be, pay the extra baggage fee than shipping frieght. Shipping from Japan is pretty expensive. I don't recommend it.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:16 am

Need that WW figure...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:15 am

Sideglide, do you recommend using Takuhaibin Delivery Services for luggage transport or will I be able to take a large piece of luggage (maybe 2 pieces of luggage going back) and backpack with me comfortably on the Narita Express? Thanks for your help and replies, also sorry to pester you with questions but it's so nice to have some insight into this!
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:27 am

If you have 4 rollers on your suitcase, it will be easy. If you gotta pull suitcases behind you, it might be a hassle especially in busy stations.

Narita Express has suitcase caddies at each end of the train car so using that makes the train nice and easy.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:28 pm

So.... Not to take the shine off things for those attending,as it is awesome you can attend and will have a memorable time...BUT- for those of us who are geographically impaired or challenged,is there any plans of a Bamba sale of items that are the same but different( much like SDCC sales)?

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:53 am

Only the AK pack has been confirmed as a limited sale on Bamba
gregory
gregory
Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 am

Thanks Gregory- I know it's quite a dance for you guys in regards to the con/expos - wanting to make things special for the attendees...I would think that some of the items make their way to Bamba in some form or another so us geographically undesirables can get a few pieces ourselves...Hopefully those if us who can't afford the trip can still walk away with a few items.

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:53 am

gregory wrote:Only the AK pack has been confirmed as a limited sale on Bamba

Is Bamba version different with Venture pack?
Noir
Noir
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm going to hold out hope that the powers that be (yes, the one time I'm not negative) do a nice gesture for bamba like they did after re-venture. Those that were around will remember.
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by miracle bubbles Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Dang.  Trip isn't going to happen during cool threea con dates now Sad
miracle bubbles
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:21 pm

miracle bubbles wrote:Dang.  Trip isn't going to happen during cool threea con dates now Sad

So sorry to hear that, but a bit confused about the dates though, as they haven't changed. Or I got lost in the translation?
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DT2 Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:29 pm

I've been to Japan 4 times but not in the past 5 years or so. It is a easy place to get around but be prepared for not having any idea what is going on around you half the time.

DT2
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by miracle bubbles Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:23 am

gimbat wrote:
miracle bubbles wrote:Dang.  Trip isn't going to happen during cool threea con dates now Sad

So sorry to hear that, but a bit confused about the dates though, as they haven't changed. Or I got lost in the translation?

My trip is free and subject to when my friends get the tickets. Thought it was going to be later in September but now they are saying the first week of September. Still will be amazing for me. Smile
miracle bubbles
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:39 am

miracle bubbles wrote:
gimbat wrote:

My trip is free and subject to when my friends get the tickets. Thought it was going to be later in September but now they are saying the first week of September. Still will be amazing for me. Smile

Ah I see, so you are going to Japan, but at different dates.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:01 am

Looks like some cool 1:1 figs will be on display.
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:20 am

Saw those. Always wonder where they all end up afterward, now that there have been a LOT made at this point, with all the previous shows under their belts.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:28 am

I think the Large Martin is in Ash's yard.
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:45 am

LM hasn't made it there yet, right now it guards one of the Hatcheries

Ash has a bunch, Kim does too, some are in Japan, and some are in Thailand. A few private collectors too

gregory
gregory
Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Hello beautiful people, I am BACK. My trip to Tokyo is 17-24 September.
Wilbur
Wilbur
Yesterday Kid

http://www.photobotiq.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ennui Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Sweet.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:56 pm

I saw a jumbo size jea 80 bamba boss at the front entrance of a toy shop in Bangkok. If I m not wrong the toy shop owner is one of the organiser of the Thailand toy convention. They have many 3A figures displayed inside the shop. The shop is in this shopping Center call Siam Square. Do go check out if u are in Bangkok

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:09 pm

dtrain wrote:I'm flying into Narita Airport on Sept 17th around 5pm, then taking the train to Tokyo Station and then a transfer up to Ueno. I'll be staying at the Centurion Hotel Ueno, about a 5 minute walk to the venue.  Leaving on the 23rd.  

I am also staying at Centurion Hotel Ueno. going on the 17th leaving on the 24th.
Wilbur
Wilbur
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbur Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Sideglide wrote:Feel free to PM me if anyone runs into any trouble confusion while in Japan.

I highly recommend anyone coming to rent a wifi hotspot so you are always connected. This comes in handy if you need to look up something. My friends usually get it when they come and always pays for itself.

dtrain: Ueno is indeed pretty cool. THere is Ameyoko (alleyway market with lots of fresh food, snacks, clothes, and things). Ueno park, ushima shrine, etc. Also one of my favorite spots to eat.

I forget the name, but very close to the venue is a shrine that has become popular for artists to make a "pray" wooden message board. They tie them on on a board post with their own unique drawing style. You can see lots of cool art there.

7-11 usually allows people to withdraw for cash at their ATMs. Remember, most places are cash only. I believe the show is also cash only. Credit card is not really used and we don't have debit cards. Cash is king.

Tokyo is pretty subdued when it comes to being in public. It is considered rude to eat or drink while walking or using transit. Same goes for smoking (there are smoking areas). Also, resist the urge to do pull ups on the train support bars.

No need to tip at restaurants or anything.

Most all places are safe at night except for a few spots.

It will still be hot at the end of September so bring a little towel to wipe sweat off your face and a backpack or similar for all your daily things. Trash cans are not found in public except the convenience stores so you might have to carry your trash with you. There are plenty of drink bottle/can recycle bins though.

If anyone has a question, post up and I can try to answer.

Thank you for the tips. I will be planning to take on Akihabara for photobooks, Second Hand Toys Mandarake Nakano (main store of Mandarake) near Nakano Station, more photobooks at Nakano,

Food wise I am going to try the #1 sushi restaurant at the fish market - Sushi Dai Japan, 〒104-0045 Tokyo, Chuo, Tsukiji, 5−2−1, 築地市場内 6号館 (I was told I have to start lining up at 3am in the morning! for the 5am opening!)

Best Eel restaurant I was told it's Marushizu in Tsukiji or Atsuta Horaiken, Matsuzakayaten.

Other days when I am not at the show I will be checking out music street for some guitars and drum instruments, second hand CDs.
Wilbur
Wilbur
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:40 pm

Sounds like a damn good plan to me.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next