World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

+70
eustarwars
BlackBellamy
UsedUniverse
chiowhon
gimbat
Syd Bee
Sideglide
fluppeco
Wooly
Skipper11x
Crem
gundamben831
Chanimation
Gloomy
Hisoka44
didadi
SS01
Beaumont
raveer
Mr. Rictus
ineedmoretoys
zendeluxe
Devours
expathos
J&J
d3nnis
Heirforce
mattyp
Artoo
illproxy
zzzzz
Albino
Lrihk
Firehazzard
IronChap
ghostmouse
Noir
3a_boltman
carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u
Ozmax
supernova
Dar Wolfram
Wilbur
Deus Machina
DT2
zbrushman
geisT
ArtWar
pezbanana
eyesaw
The Dr Of Style
kreig_gear
Danz
counterfeit
666ways2love
papamadoo
gar
noveltycross
YamiQ
Matrix
Oneluckyboy
gregory
BPP
dtrain
miracle bubbles
BRiZL
Dolly
ESeffinga
bianco
Tigerfeet
74 posters

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS - Page 24 Empty Re: JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

Post by dtrain Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:08 am

Bears are still available.  They are unexpectedly huge and in big boxes....you may want to wait for the bambaland brown to save on shipping costs and use your discount but I can ask for one of the Japan boardies here to help you.  I leave tomorrow and have no room left to carry it or I would.
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS - Page 24 Empty Re: JAPAN VENTURE - WITH SMILES ON OUR LIPS

Post by gar Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:30 am

ineedmoretoys wrote:Are the Kuntsler Bears still available?  Who can help me get a white one?

No BST inquiries, please.

We have a rule for that...
Somewhere

[edit]
I know, Someone started the requestfest a page earlier or so.
But I couldn't find my Mod cap

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:54 am

Is that really still a rule? This forum is "unofficial" so I don't see why we can't inquire. Hell, there should be a BST section.
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:14 am

supernova wrote:Amazon jp ships some stuff to the US. Tested the mag with a CA address and shipping was only $7.

Wow, really? Go for that for sure! I cant even get close to a price like that.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostmouse Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:54 am

I've ordered some books from Amazon.jp and it was a pretty good deal on shipping and everything. The only downside for me was that I have a P.O. box and they were shipped via DHL.

Also, I too thought that BST was allowed now as it was discussed during the forum turnover. If anything, I think we should allow requests for events like this.
ghostmouse
ghostmouse
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:18 am

I guess the deathmask shogun must be one of the grail for the year. No one seems to be letting go of it. Maybe it is bcos it is 1 per customer.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 pm

x43x wrote:Is that really still a rule?  This forum is "unofficial" so I don't see why we can't inquire.  Hell, there should be a BST section.

Agreed!

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Yep- bout time that BST ban is lifted or at least a section made for such inquiries...really- what harm is done if someone here is attending and had the opportunity to help a friend in this community-this shouldn't be about separation but unity!
I would have been pleased as punch had someone helped me score the AK set or king crab for instance...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:02 pm

Did ANYONE buy the William wray king crab?havent seen a single pic other than the promo ones...so sad...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by raveer Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:39 pm

I'd buy that crab. William said they will make it to bamba eventually.
raveer
raveer
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:51 am

I don't think this free forum would be able to handle the load of BST inquiries that folks would post up like on KR. In other words someone would have to occassionally prune the thread and I'm sure the Mods would rather not have to monitor that.
Or am I wrong in this?
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:53 am

^
I started a thread about possible BST actions

https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t442-bst-proposal
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:04 pm

And holy shit!!! So late to the show in responding to this news and I'm all sorry/not sorry to do it in this thread but it seems like the most relevant topic to post up in......
I just saw that maaaaaaaassive list of 3A on-hand figures that could be purchased at Venture on the Japanese blog. I've seen some reaction to that in the "3A Shipping Schedule" thread as well...
But damn. I mean daaaamn. So that's where our warehouse sale went eh? That's pretty fucked.
I get it from a purely logistical/dollar and cents standpoint. But 3A, do you ever think about how doing this shit with no notice or explanation just comes off like dicking your most loyal fan base? Like, you know you're fucked up, right? Right?
(was there seriously a 1/6 DIY Popbot? Had to be a translation error)
Anyhow,... pretty fucked up. No surprise at this point, but pretty fucked up.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Same list was actually in latest H3ADLINES newsletter, which went out 2 weeks ago, so that wasn't a secret or anything like that
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:34 pm

Yeah but Bamba warehouse sale unexpectedly pulled down, "that's all for now folks, will put up some more next week", which never happened and then absolute silence until BAM! We see warehouse sale list for Venture and go " aaaah, there it is!".

If you're a business, sometimes it's better in the long run to honor the promises made to your loyal online fan base even though it might not be as quick and profitable as selling directly to the high end Japanese market.

Yeah, it felt very much like a dick move, whereas releasing warehouse stuff on Bamba would have pleased immensely all the people who could not be in Japan for all those tasty exclusives, so both sides of your audience (INTL/Bamba and Japan/Venture) would be happy. Win-win.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by mattyp Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:40 pm

Having the warehouse sale at the show makes complete sense, the error is in ever saying it would be online. If the expectation wasn't there no-one would be disappointed. Unfortunately it's the off-the-cuff way of running things that causes the problem, like so many times before. It used to be part of the 3A charm when things were small but these days... not so much.
mattyp
mattyp
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes it makes sense cost-wise, logistics-wise, business-wise. But once you offered warehouse sale at Bamba, and said it would return, and then be silent for months... It's very bad form to make it 100% for Japan. At least keep a few items for Bamba even if symbolically, as acknowledgement of the original promise to your Bamba customers.

So even though it makes perfect sense, if i were 3A i would take a little hit in order to keep some of my Bamba customers happy. Sometimes profit is not measured only in terms of money and time and work but in satisfaction of your customers.

Sounds cheesy but at least for me its true.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:56 pm

The warehouse/venture better not just end up in the hands of flippers from the same region the show was held.i have a feeling the sale is gonna be quick and ugly and most items will be listed up on the Bay in no time...
I've been around for a while and have never landed an item from any warehouse/leftover venture sales- maybe I'm just jaded...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Also there is a need to step up on the SDCC/NYCC/etc items- SDCC has yet to see a single TK in 1/6 and we get to watch from a far the re venture crowd have access to a years worth of threeA goodies in a weeks time...and if most of those left overs never make it out of the region- gonna suck even more...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Crem wrote:   The warehouse/venture better not just end up in the hands of flippers from the same region the show was held.i have a feeling the sale is gonna be quick and ugly and most items will be listed up on the Bay in no time...
  I've been around for a while and have never landed an item from any warehouse/leftover venture sales- maybe I'm just jaded...

to be fair, they already been shown at some reselling forum and site with an ugly price tag. i wont have the fund to buy a shogun at 700$ bucks
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:35 am

That's what I'm saying- I'm sure there is a percentage of venture attendees who were there to profit off of certain pieces- like the shogun.ThreeA should know/ expect this item to be highly sought yet didn't know/think it probably would have been nice to produce a BAMBA version to stop the flippers in their tracks...a botched BAMBA sale only helps the profiteers,hope those who score actually keep the items.

I wish I could find a split parter for the AK pack- I really don't need another tommy or shadow but would take one or the other paired with johan(1st choice) or the zombot...

Since I'm mostly hunting the Willy Wray figure no one seemed to buy- I hope to not have issues...and I'll grab a grumpy zombkin if there's a chance in hell I can grab one( figured he was all gone but I could be wrong)...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:44 am

Crem wrote:That's what I'm saying- I'm sure there is a percentage of venture attendees who were there to profit off of certain pieces

This happens everywhere, whether it's Japan, USA, HK or anywhere else.

Answering on your question: AK | Angry Zombkin Venture exclusives sold out pretty quickly.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:59 am

Not on topic, but I don't want to start a new thread if I'm just a dope, what exactly is going on sale on the 26th?

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:34 am

I know there are flippers everywhere Gimby - the issue I guess I have is the item selection and sheer number of items made available to the Asian markets...there has yet to be a single 1/6 TK offered at SDCC( even euros got one) but every year the Asian market gets several- these items are highly sought by most of the world and often our only option is paying triple for one on the secondary market...it's nice that they got a great selection of hard to find / highly sought items while others get the shaft...
I guess what makes it feel worse is that the hatchery has spent all it's time building stuff for venture that I have over a dozen items on order that have yet to ship/be produced /etc. dating back to over a year ago...Footcutter dropped 9/11/14- still haven't seen him...it's been twenty days since I purchased a PREMADE birdy and I've got no idea when and if it's shipped or shipping...there is a serious backlog and it's a bit of a spit in the face to see the sheer number of items produced for a market that is CLEARLY valued more than others in terms of sales/profit/favor/etc... The rest of the world is the bastard child until funds are needed to build toys for the next Asian convention...
I want to support this company but find it less and less appealing- I'm not a shit talker or rebel rouser but a long time loyal customer that is feeling a bit chapped- and I'm sure I'm not alone...I might no longer have any value to this company since they seem to be doing quite well in Asia and the word is us US customers are too opinionated and complain too much...As if we don't have reason for it...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:58 am

dude, we euros get even less stuff, have shitty drop times and get plenty fucked by custom fees. if there is one group that needs to get some 3A love it's us. US has 2 shows a year with plenty of exclusive crap. no no it's time we get some stuff for ya'll to drool on.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next