ThreeA X Marvel: Ultron

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ThreeA X Marvel: Ultron

Post by IronChap on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:25 am

At least in all the photos so far it seems like Shadow and Ghost are much better finished. Every classic I've seen has the uglyass plastic scabs all over their antennae where it seems the others have possibly been finished with some level of care. Not sure if the others have the same grubby plastic scabs down their sides/legs like my classic does, though.

Ultrons are already being listed on the BST without being opened, and more and more people are expressing disappointment with Classic. It's been days now - 3A need to pull their heads out of the sand and address this instead of ignoring these posts while happily replying in the other boards about GI Joe or 2000AD like everything is smiles and rainbows. We waited 12 months for a garbage figure that is nothing like what was advertised and it is not good enough.

Also, I'm linking my gallery here, too. The more eyes on this the better.
http://imgur.com/a/4jins

Here are a couple of choice cuts - Giant plastic scabs on the antennae:

I don't even know what happened here:

Shoddily disguised gouges on the side, and note the way the sponging simply STOPS between pieces of the waist at the top:
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirforce on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:05 am

Good on you IronChap for posting this feedback here for all eyes. Many people are very hesitant to post such things here on these boards. I've yet to recieve my Ultron figure but have read much negative feedback thus far. For me the weathering is the most glaring issue based on the photos I have seen. ThreeA's attention to detail is just not the same in that department as it once was. I await a response from ThreeA on this matter as well.

IronChap wrote:3A need to pull their heads out of the sand and address this instead of ignoring these posts while happily replying in the other boards about GI Joe or 2000AD like everything is smiles and rainbows.

Heirforce
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:12 am

They should put the sprue attachments "inside" parts like bandai does on some model kits..then you dont really see them.
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:24 am

Yeah. At this price point it should be pristine and all parts undergated. If Hot Toys or any other 1/6 manufacturer released something covered in scabby gate marks like this they would be well and truly crucified.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybo3000 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:16 pm

My Classic Ultron is the same. Such a gamble ordering ThreeA toys these days. As much as I like the look of Spidey, I'm really not sure I can risk $400+ AUD (more if I want Classic colour-way).
Jaybo3000
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by abex44 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Wow, I scrolled thtough your album IronChap. Thats a pretty big dissapointment. I dont know why I bought this figure, but now I really wish I didn't. Not worth the long wait when you have that many production flaws.

abex44
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:43 am

It's a joke. Worst of all, I'm being ignored completely, 5 days later. Comments deleted on FB and head completely in the sand. They'd rather pretend nothing is wrong and pimp sales of Spider-Man instead. Issues with the Marvel line? What issues?
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:08 am

IronChap, it's frustrating to see that your concerns are not being addressed. I'm not sure why ThreeA decided to change their approach to the weathering of Ultron, maybe they had their reasons, but it seems like simply turning a blind eye to these issues is a good strategy to alienating customers.

thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybo3000 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:04 am

IronChap wrote:It's a joke. Worst of all, I'm being ignored completely, 5 days later. Comments deleted on FB and head completely in the sand. They'd rather pretend nothing is wrong and pimp sales of Spider-Man instead. Issues with the Marvel line? What issues?

Maybe you should contact some of the more reputable toy reviewers on youtube? Seems like the only time they listened in recent memory was with Master Chief. I think that was due to a video review.
Jaybo3000
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybo3000 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:08 am

thumbtack82 wrote:IronChap, it's frustrating to see that your concerns are not being addressed. I'm not sure why ThreeA decided to change their approach to the weathering of Ultron, maybe they had their reasons, but it seems like simply turning a blind eye to these issues is a good strategy to alienating customers.

For me the most annoying part is not actually the weathering (though that is still annoying) it's the chips and gouges. To think it was delayed so long for this?
Jaybo3000
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:14 pm

maybe, since ultron are licensed officially by Marvel, all final products reviewed by Marvel before shipping.

and... maybe first final product (totally clean chrome) were rejected, thus make this delay, and 2nd final product (least chrome? with slightly weathered) were accepted.

just my opinion....
counterfeit
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:17 pm

If that were the case, customers should be given a heads up and option to cancel the order.
Still wouldn't explain the terrible QC and lack of response.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:30 pm

If I was anyone with authority to approve/reject licensed goods at Marvel I would be ashamed to have my company's logo on what 3A shipped out.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:41 pm

As always it's the lack of communication that is the problem. Your QC issues should have been addressed from the start and the switch from chrome to weathered chrome should been mentioned some time during the wait, it's not like they decided to change the paint app at the last minute. I'm assuming the standard response will be the standard "that's how 3a works, if you don't like it then leave" but that's just not good enough. I don't own any of the marvel line because I'm already too heavily invested in the other lines but this sucks for you guys but I'm still optimistic 3a will sort Ironchap out at least.
The paint switch is very similar to the Graveyard Bertie featuring all new weathered GID then when in hand it was just regular GID, the reason given was they just decided not to do the weathering. We did get the option to send it back for a refund. That's why no shots of the Bertie were shown during production, same with Ultron.
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Yeah, the weathered Bertie thing was sorted in the end but it was ignored for a while too.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybo3000 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:05 pm

It's a shame because the 3A business model relies on trust. We have to trust the company enough to drop substantial sums of money on a product we don't have a chance to view in hand first. Then to change stuff and half-ass the production has got to be damaging to business. It's probably stopped me from buying Spidey.
Jaybo3000
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:15 am

Dudes. I know 3A screwed buyers on the chrome version but the shadow version I ordered is Fucking HOT! been messing around with him in posses for a while and the quality it freaking dope. I think might be even more unique design then spiderman. Only gripe is the finger articulation doesn't allow to make a closed fist and some restrictions on torso movement. Everything else is sick!
3a_boltman
Tomorrow King

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:15 am

I'm not buying Spoder-Man solely because of the Ultron fiasco. The Iron Man figures were the reason I bought my first 3AA membership, and I'm a huge fan of all the Marvel stuff.

This whole thing sucks.

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:59 pm

I don't understand why the quality difference between the 3 colorways, but my Classic is also riddled with flaws.

-Busted LED wiring on one side of torso (always on no matter on/off)
-Fingers won't close (don't have this issue on the ghost, probably the thick paint coat obstructed the articulation)
-Scuff marks and excess weathering everywhere
-Plastic scabs on torso rims, palms and antennas
-Uneven ankle peg lengths, making right leg 5mm longer than the left
-Forearm installed on incorrect rotation angle
-Wrong screw cap in one arm

CS asked me to ship it back for repair, mainly for the lighting issue.
Waited 15 months for this, now more waiting to come. Yay!
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:17 am

Staff here will ignore your concerns. At least CS are playing ball. I've returned mine (at 3A's expense via DHL) and am currently awaiting the paypal refund to come through. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Never again will I buy directly from 3A. Putting large sums of money down in advance only to wait a year-plus then get sent an absolute pile of shit is a joke. I'm done. On the off chance they manage to ship something decent in the future I'd rather buy it on the aftermarket once the quality of the release has been determined than give these jokers another cent of my own money.

You're losing customers. Take notice 3A.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:48 am

Callan/IronChap, for the record staff here took your reviews and your reports seriously and alerted CS immediately. Staff are unable to comment publicly on CS issues until the CS team have reviewed and addressed the case or cases and given Staff the OK to respond. Since you did not alert CS first, and we were unaware they had not been contacted by you, you put Gimbat and other staff in a position where he/we were unable to respond until CS were provided the reports to review your case.

We have an excellent new CS team in place that have been taking care of customers and we have seen praises for them on here and in the FB group. It can still take them up to several days to respond, however they take reports very seriously and work to resolve issues.

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:23 am

Ironchap. You should have bought DOTM Optimus Prime. Was Ultron a bit of a mess, maybe? But there are so many other great things that we've gotten. Judge Death, for a 1/12, is fantastic. I can't wait for the rest of the dark judges and Dredd.
Sometimes things just don't work out but instead of complaining on forums, talk to CS instead of bashing admin for not listening.
I would have preferred the look of the concept for Portals Atlas and P-Body from what we got (more weathered) but the end result was still pretty good.
If you are unhappy with Ultron, work with CS to solve the issue rather than whine about it.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:45 am

Oh hey! That $200+ thing you bought wasn't what you thought it'd be? Don't worry, there are other things, buy them.
Great advice Joshimus, I like how it wasn't delivered in a douchey way.

Gregory, I think part of the problem is, even if you guys can't do anything as you said, just say "we hear you, you aren't being ignored and contact CS." I've been in a similar position to Ironchaps before, when I didn't get a reply for a loooong time from CS and no-one was here was offering help...it can be frustrating.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:22 am

PiggyV01 wrote:Oh hey! That $200+ thing you bought wasn't what you thought it'd be? Don't worry, there are other things, buy them.
Great advice Joshimus, I like how it wasn't delivered in a douchey way.
I was pointing out the absurdity that a failed figure means an entire company is shit. Not diminishing that Ultron should have been better but you can solve more problems dealing with CS instead of insulting the mods. DOTM Prime is fantastically built among many other 3A lines that turned out really well. That's what I was mainly talking about. Not "buy this instead" but rather not every figure is gonna be awesome. Some are going to be duds, not meant to be duds but ends up being. There is too much "Never buying 3a again" over 1 figure.
As they pointed out, they needed authorization to discuss the situation which means concerns have been heard, and in 1 case, a figure returned for refund. Yes, it is frustrating not hearing back but you need to calm down and be patient.
There are far worse things in life than a 200.00 figure that doesn't live up to expectations. Hell, if that's ALL you have to deal with, you're doing fanfuckintastic!!
Deal with CS and don't insult the mods. I'm sure they can read just fine.

Last edited by Joshimus on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:31 am

"Good riddance to bad rubbish. Never again will I buy directly from 3A. Putting large sums of money down in advance only to wait a year-plus then get sent an absolute pile of shit is a joke. I'm done. On the off chance they manage to ship something decent in the future I'd rather buy it on the aftermarket once the quality of the release has been determined than give these jokers another cent of my own money."
^ this for example is what I am referring to. There is a lot of this type of disdain in this thread.
He's clearly unhappy, which is justifiable, but that doesn't make everything 3A crap either. Pointing out that Prime is fantastic, Pointing out the figures that worked well is just a reminder that sometimes toys don't go as planned while others clearly do.
If 3/30 figures turn out crap and I can eventually either get replaced or refund, why would I stop buying from ThreeA? I've had worse odds with Hasbro and lately Takara.
IF you want to quit by all means do whatever you want, but have a bit of perspective.
I'm not thrilled that Classic Spider-man is online toy sites only and I can't use my 3AA nor free shipping. That's a HUGE difference in $$$ for a Canadian to have to lose by this not being on Bambaland. Doesn't mean I won't ever buy 3A again.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top