ThreeA X Marvel: Ultron

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ThreeA X Marvel: Ultron

Post by illproxy on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:42 am

wonder if i email cs and ask for IronChap's opened ultron they would consider selling at lower price? they just going to destroy it yeah? legit question.

oh man the holier than tho zen responses to peeps voicing concerns is the absolute worst round here now. christ we get it your perfect. toy collectors for the most part are passionate about collecting so that spills out at times.
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:16 am

You could try. I know that they will re-sell items that were refunded before release. It's how I got 2000AD Mongrol way back when. Wouldn't hurt to see what CS says.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:43 am

gregory wrote:Callan/IronChap, for the record staff here took your reviews and your reports seriously and alerted CS immediately. Staff are unable to comment publicly on CS issues until the CS team have reviewed and addressed the case or cases and given Staff the OK to respond. Since you did not alert CS first, and we were unaware they had not been contacted by you, you put Gimbat and other staff in a position where he/we were unable to respond until CS were provided the reports to review your case.

We have an excellent new CS team in place that have been taking care of customers and we have seen praises for them on here and in the FB group. It can still take them up to several days to respond, however they take reports very seriously and work to resolve issues.

I appreciate the response Gregory, thanks. Frustration had well and truly gotten the better of me. As it stands now I've had time to cool off and the figure is gone. For me it's done and dusted. But if I may add a last couple of cents regarding the process - To people here you guys are the public face of the company we can raise concerns with, people who were constantly around when historically going to CS has not yielded a great experience. Not trying to have a go, but there's not much transparency to this process and I was left feeling ignored, so if that's the internal process people here could at least say "hey man it's being reviewed, we'll get back to you" as Piggy said. I didn't realise there was a new CS team - I've since been in contact with the and returned the figure. To his credit Samson was prompt and friendly and the return/refund was sorted in no time. Definitely a much better experience than before. In any case, the figure is gone and my money is back.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:54 pm

But none of that deals with the root issue here - What led to Classic shipping in such a poor state?
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:51 pm

[quote="illproxy"

oh man the holier than tho zen responses to peeps voicing concerns is the absolute worst round here now. christ we get it your perfect. toy collectors for the most part are passionate about collecting so that spills out at times.[/quote]
It has nothing to do with "holier than thou" but a little perspective never hurts. I get frustrated too. Not happy about classics Spider-man being unavailable for me. As a Canadian and a 3AA member, it hurts my wallet a lot more than Americans. BBTS has it for 334.99 plus probably 40.00 shipping and most CERTAINLY customs. So now, 335 exchange to Cad is around 440 plus tack on another 40 usd freight (so 60-65.00 cad) than probably another 30.00 cad Customs. As a Canadian, to buy that set will be closer to 540. That is INSANE.
I don't like it and I have voiced it, but I just won't buy it. My world isn't crumbling down for it. It's annoying but that's life. I'd rather have money to pay my mortgage and property taxes and bills than be upset about not getting this set. There are worse things that can happen.
Having CS return and refund something is fantastic. Going around hating 3A for releasing the figure in this state isn't a good way to deal with the issue, as frustrating as it is.
As someone who works in retail, I am less likely to want to help people who are beligerant and more likely to help those that are calm and patient. Although CS could have sent an email telling upset buyers they are looking in to it. Spreading hate speech is never the answer.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:59 pm

IronChap wrote:But none of that deals with the root issue here - What led to Classic shipping in such a poor state?

That's what I'd like to know as well.

CS is letting me return my Ultron and giving me a refund. I really wanted to keep this figure, but it's nothing like what I wanted.

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by abex44 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:02 am

Finally got my Ultron and I opened him up with hesitation.
I have all the same cases listed out by Ironchap. Weathering smudges, some scuffs and fingerprints left in the base paint, gouges in the plastic, and sloppy detail lining. Man, there are definitely issues here that should have been addressed before shipping.

The packaging was lovely as always and the overall presentation is nice. Right now I am on the fence with contacting CS because honestly the figure from afar is fucking awesome. The design is simply killer, however upon closer inspection you can start to see the imperfections on a figure freshly opened mint out of the box. This translates to me as a well thought out designed figurine with a rushed assembly and paint application. Quality control from any other toy company I have purchased from would have jumped all over that before sending it out.

I am torn right now because I think I could look past all of the toy's many imperfections due to the design alone, but this irks me in a new way because 3A is a company that I love and have been purchasing products from regularly for the past 7.5 years. The QC hasn't gotten better it just fades in and out depending on the toy. It is consistently inconsistent. I have shrugged off many paint flaws and assembly flaws in this time and I am at a point now where I just don't want to deal with the laziness anymore. We all waited on this thing for roughly 16 months and this is what we are handed for $220 ($187 for 3AA) and that's rough. I mean what other company can get away with this? So, I am torn on the decision on whether or not to return it and make a statement or do the usual thing that I and many 3A consumers have done and just accept what you are given.

Sorry for the rant, please let me know what you all think as I want to know what other longtime loyal 3Aer's have to say about all of this in the scope of the company's history. Thanks.

abex44
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:17 am

So, I decided to do a video review of Shadow Ultron and things were going so well until I noticed why I can't close his fingers.
The fingers all look like they should be the bottoms side so I thought, ok, ball joint finger, rotate index and all should be good...But it isn't. Or maybe he isn't designed to have a closedish fist.

I rotated the index and middle fingers hoping that would correct the issue but it doesn't

So I guess someone in the hatchery was drunk when they attached the fingers on mine. They are all wrong, or maybe I can try to switch them on hands. I dunno.
The plus side, Shadow doesn't seem to suffer the same issues as the classic one does. Although the weathering does feel random rather than placed where it should. I dunno. I don't hate it.
The head is pretty clean as far as burrs go. Also you can get away with 2 ea batteries per under the arms instead of 3ea.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:10 am

So I kinda thing the fingers aren't on the wrong side but I am not sure. He also cant close his fist that well.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:42 pm

The fingers are installed correctly, all of my Ultrons are unable to make fists. It's probably a feature Rolling Eyes
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Ah. That's kinda sucky.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content