Judge Dredd

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Judge Dredd

Post by gregory on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:06 am

This year for both. Not long now. Soon as we can announce the details they'll be on the blog/newsletter.

The photo Ash posted is filtered with a lot of the color and paint washed out. Also note the paint is not final. Still a bit to go.

gregory
3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:48 am

Just a personal opinion, but I feel that the headlights seems out of place. It is as if a box it place on top of the bike  it don't seems to gel well with the other parts as the edges are too sharp compared to the other parts of the bike where it is rounded. Anyway still a cool 1st vehicle produced by 3A Very Happy

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:10 am

awesome thks gregory! Very Happy Cool
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Ming on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:11 pm

chiowhon wrote:Just a personal opinion, but I feel that the headlights seems out of place. It is as if a box it place on top of the bike  it don't seems to gel well with the other parts as the edges are too sharp compared to the other parts of the bike where it is rounded. Anyway still a cool 1st vehicle produced by 3A Very Happy

It's a classic early Dredd Lawmaster...  I'm guessing you don't know much about the source material, but this is the 3A version of a design that's been kicking around 2000AD for over 35 years.  And absolutely bloody amazing-looking it is too!   Very Happy

Ming
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ming on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Ming
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grish on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:12 am

Damn that bike looks good!
Grish
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:13 am

ming i bow to your 2000ad knowledge and humbly submit a question. king

dredd in a black suit? why is it when a company like threeA or mezco choose a color for the standard dredd its black suit vers? i realize you cant speak for them but wondered if you have any insight as to why..? cuz in most of what i have read in megazines or 2000ads mum brought with her back from England for me growing up if i recall correct dredd is in navy or at times a brigther blue?

am i mistaken and he is equally been depicted in black? is it more recent thing inspired by movie vers? is it a particular artist or era in 2000ad and megazine that does the black?
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:58 am

From what I understand it's due to the simple coloring and printing process of comics back in the day in order to depict depth. Same reason why Superman's highlight in his hair is/was colored blue. We all know his hair isn't blue, but with techniques used at the time that's how you portrayed clothing or hair that is intended to be black.

Artist's take that blue highlight to mean the outfit/hair is blue and run with it. It's easier to paint with blues than blacks. Helps that cop outfits are navy blue or in that spectrum so it's never out of the realm of possibility.

For me going back to the very first Ezquerra Dredd design, it looks like it's intended to be an all black leather outfit. Very fascist in its approach.

Could always interpret it as blues are for formal wear, blacks are for street wear. Or since everything happens chronologically in Dredd's universe one is a vintage outfit and the other is modern, etc.
gregory
3A Staff
3A Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:00 am

Ezquera has stated its meant to be black with blue, as Gregory explained, used to depict shine and highlighting of a skin tight outfit. Carlos colours his own work and is still drawing Dredd as black suit, gold eagle, belt buckle and shoulder pad, green boots, gloves, belt and ankle / knee pads (cf 2014's Block House story).

There is no doubt, of course, that a great deal of golden age Dredd, such as Ron Smith regular runs, was predominantly Blue looking.

As with the different styles of lawmaster it would be nice to think a story based solution could be found.. Such as different Sector Chiefs favouring different private sector suppliers and colouring options. One imagines that could irk Dredd greatly.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Will Dredd be seeing a release in a similar colour to Death?
I just really want someone to match Death for display purposes.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Ming on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:00 pm

illproxy wrote:dredd in a black suit?

Gregory and BPP have this covered Very Happy

If you look at the history of Dredd covers (utilising whatever colour printing processes were available at the time) you'll see a general progression from blue-black to true black.  Later covers in full colour, by the likes of Bolland and Ezquerra, often show a shiny black uniform - something that wasn't really possible with a limited colour palette and bog paper back in the day.

Link to Barney cover gallery: http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=covers&page=character&choice=dredd&Comic=2000ad
Ming
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:02 am

thks guys!! much appreciated Very Happy

think the full intentional navy look is my fav tho do like black. recently got he hardcover dark justice, so beautiful!
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:04 am

Hey Greg, I know it's not possible to give a definitive answer but I was wondering whether the intention is to have all judge figures able to mount the lawmaster or is Dredd's figure unique? Might shift a few more lawmasters now if we knew whether Anderson etc would fit their own.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:10 am

Yep that's the plan
gregory
3A Staff
3A Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:31 am

will there be a ex ver of any of these at bamba? navy ver with navy bike?
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Minty on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:38 am

Both bike and figure look very cool. I think the trick to making Dredd in to a 3D form is scale and proportions, which I think they've got spot on.

Also a nice mix of artists, though it mainly looks like Bolland, which can't be bad. Some Cliff Robinson and Steve Dillon in there as well. All safe bets.

I've tried to stop buying 'stuff', but I'll definitely make an exception for this, as it's the toy I've wanted for well over thirty years. Very Happy
Judge Minty
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Anti Social Andy on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:47 am

Looks great! The only element that visually jars for me are the boxiness and sharp angles on the 'headlight'. Most renditions I recall have it with a slightly softer curved shape . . . more like a retro TV.

Not a dealbreaker by any stretch but the devil's in the details. Wink
Anti Social Andy
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealEric on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:27 am

Darthgothikus wrote:PLEASE re-work that headsculpt 3A.... Looks like an old man with no teeth sucking a wasp!

Otherwise looks great!

Dang. That looks pretty GOOD! Very Happy Nice proportions, and it looks like poseability won't be hindered. When's it up for pre-order?
TheRealEric
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:34 am

have the b/w and opened color ver of mezco dredd last night. they are good, love them and feel very solid inhand but... im thinkin threeA's will be superior. i think mez will feel more solid but inhand 3A dredd will be more fun to pose. i.e. the size of the eagle on mez ver is so large it is abit silly.

gregory have you gotten the mez dredd inahnd yet? check out the competition and how they did it etc ?
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:32 am

I've watched a couple reviews, but no interest in ever owning one

Final paint on Dredd's been approved, he's got the bolts, and his ankles tilt. Shooting for an end of Nov PO. Will have a more detailed announcement in the next couple weeks

3A Staff
3A Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ming on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Sounds good to me.  Thanks for the update, Gregory.
Ming
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellsybeer on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:47 pm

So excited Gregory!!!! Will the Lawmaster be on sale in November too?

Wellsybeer
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:15 am

Yup! Singles and Sets are the plan

3A Staff
3A Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:29 am

sweet! in for set with bike no doubt.  Cool

any chance for a dark navy suit and bike ver? if not now later?

will it come with alternate hands? a extra pair of fisted maybe? or one open wide? the mez has a great pointing hand which is fun for posing.

Last edited by illproxy on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindless-Focus on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:45 am

Will he be an abs based body or PVC? ABS worries me. It does get brittle over time. PVC just lasts longer and is solid. That's why I kev the Mezco version. It's built like motu.

Mindless-Focus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top