Judge Dredd

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Judge Dredd

Post by Palifan on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:07 am

Plastic Robo wrote:Anybody get an update on their missing Dredd figures?

Nope, nothing! It's been the Chinese New Year so that was the last thing I heard about but I'm thinking things should be up and running again so it's probably time for my next message to them about my order. I keep saying that this has gone on long enough but now it's just plain ridiculous. I can't remember ever waiting this long for something to be delivered after have tracking numbers have been sent to me and now is the time for some answers.

I think all the people who are still waiting have been more than patient and we need to know what happens next.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Not all staff have returned from CNY holiday and most businesses and services will be closed until the 2nd week of February.

CS will be in touch.

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:10 am

gregory wrote:Not all staff have returned from CNY holiday and most businesses and services will be closed until the 2nd week of February.

CS will be in touch.

Thanks for the update Gregory.

I'm sure you can see mine and others frustration with waiting over two months and counting for our items to be delivered (especially with the added delay of this figure), but hopefully we'll be contacted soon by CS with an update.
I guess I'll give it another two weeks before contacting them again if I haven't heard anything but this does seem to be going on a very long time and I've not even been told if they know where the items are. Are they stuck on a shipping container waiting to leave China or are they held up in the US somewhere? Hopefully they do know where they are at the least but it would have been good at this point to have been told.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by santiO on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:30 am

Finally, after almost a month of to-and-fro with my friendly local customs agency, I managed to get my mitts on Dredd and the Lawmaster. And it was totally worth it. Was surprised to find the Lawgiver MkII fits his trigger hand a lot better than the MkI, and if I'm being honest, I'm a bit terrified of the uniform ripping if I force the joints a bit too hard (I do not want to go through the shipping process again), but overall I'm very satisfied with it. And the Lawmaster's weathering effects are top-notch. Pictures really didn't make it justice.

Very much looking forward to Alpha and Anderson and any future figures. How long 'till Hershey?
santiO
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:35 am

santiO wrote:Finally, after almost a month of to-and-fro with my friendly local customs agency, I managed to get my mitts on Dredd and the Lawmaster. And it was totally worth it. Was surprised to find the Lawgiver MkII fits his trigger hand a lot better than the MkI, and if I'm being honest, I'm a bit terrified of the uniform ripping if I force the joints a bit too hard (I do not want to go through the shipping process again), but overall I'm very satisfied with it. And the Lawmaster's weathering effects are top-notch. Pictures really didn't make it justice.

Very much looking forward to Alpha and Anderson and any future figures. How long 'till Hershey?

Congrats on getting your Dredd goodies and I was just wondering if your local customs contacted you about your shipment or if you reached out to them yourself?

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by santiO on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:39 am

Palifan wrote:Congrats on getting your Dredd goodies and I was just wondering if your local customs contacted you about your shipment or if you reached out to them yourself?

They contacted me via letter to let me know I had a package and needed to come get it, but once I got there I got in an argument with them over declared values/tax payments. Long story short, had to wait 'till my next paycheck to get everything sorted out. We have some rather byzantine import laws down here, I'm afraid. At least I managed to solve it before it had to be sent back.
santiO
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:47 am

santiO wrote:
Palifan wrote:Congrats on getting your Dredd goodies and I was just wondering if your local customs contacted you about your shipment or if you reached out to them yourself?

They contacted me via letter to let me know I had a package and needed to come get it, but once I got there I got in an argument with them over declared values/tax payments. Long story short, had to wait 'till my next paycheck to get everything sorted out. We have some rather byzantine import laws down here, I'm afraid. At least I managed to solve it before it had to be sent back.

Nothing's ever simple is it! Great news though on having it in hand now and gives me some hope that after all this time my package will arrive at some point. Hopefully I won't have the added stress of dealing with customs on top of the delivery delay but at this point I just want to see these great Dredd products for myself, it feels like almost a 40 year wait since having prog 1 of 2000AD and nothing like this being available until now.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:36 am

Well it took 2.5 months to get to me but finally my Lawmaster/figures combo pack and Comic book Edition Dredd arrived!

Still can't understand why it took so long but everything arrived in great shape and I'm just so happy that it's now with me. Hopefully I won't get any hidden surprises with the figure when I open it up but for now it's a great way to start the day!

Even though it wasn't the smoothest of transactions I'm now looking forward to the future 2000AD related releases although next time I'm thinking I may well go through another toy store to buy them to save on some stress.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boine on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:46 am

So Dredd is up, but comes up as out of stock if you try to add it to your cart.

Edit: Fixed cannot wait to get both 1/6th Dredd

Last edited by Boine on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Boine
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:50 am

Well those must have gone crazy quick although I thought 3A took all orders and then make that many so there could just be something with it not being ready to buy just yet. They also said that this would be available from 3A stockists so I'd say that we will be safe to get one.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 am

Boine wrote:So Dredd is up, but comes up as out of stock if you try to add it to your cart.

Edit: Fixed cannot wait to get both 1/6th Dredd

Looks like you can buy it now, happy days!

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:46 am

Finally managed to get all my 3A Dredd items out of their packages and on display. It was all going well until I tried to change Judge Fear's hand and the hand peg broke off! I was very careful with it and thought it was a one off so went ahead and changed Judge Mortis's hand and the same thing happened!!

It never ends with these figures and now I have two handless dark Judges with most of the peg still stuck in their arms. As I work in stop motion I can probably solder up a ball and bar and drill out the peg from the arm but I'm surprised as to how weak this peg is for something that clearly is meant to be used as you tend to get 3-4 sets of hands with each figure. I've contacted 3A through their web site to see if they can send me some spare pegs but just wondered if anyone else has had this happen and if they were sent any pegs?

I do love the look of these figures but really think they need to up their build quality to at least get it as good as Mezco's in this same scale.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:18 pm

one of my Mortis pegs broke and I'm afraid to change the other as it seems very weak. ThreeA CS said they'd send a pair but that was in early January/late December and I've not received them yet.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:53 am

Looking around on here it seems to be a bit of a common problem on Mortis and I'm guessing Fear to some extent. I don't remember having a problem with Death or reading about one so it seems like something was changed with these latest pegs. Dredd seemed ok to me as but I've only tried to change out one hand on each of these figures as I'd rather not chance it.

It's a real shame that people are too nervous to change the hands out as that's quite a big part of these figures for posing and I'm hoping something can be done for future releases. I still don't know how I'll get the remainder of the peg out of their forearms as these's nothing for me to grab hold of to get it out and I'm really hoping I don't ruin it by drilling into it but I see no other solution.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 am

Contact CS. They will help

3A Staff
3A Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:22 am

gregory wrote:Contact CS. They will help

Great, I've sent off a message so await to hear from them. As I mentioned above it is a shame that this sort of thing happens but hopefully it's something that can be learnt from.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:49 am

So. did everyone's Dredds turn up? I'm still waiting on my b/w single here in Australia, the Lawmaster set, Fear and Mortis all turned up before Christmas.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Palifan on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:23 am

PiggyV01 wrote:So. did everyone's Dredds turn up? I'm still waiting on my b/w single here in Australia, the Lawmaster set, Fear and Mortis all turned up before Christmas.

yes, my Dredd B/W arrived with my Lawmaster set last week but my single Dredd, Fear and Mortis all arrived in mid December. It seems that there can be a delay between whatever you ordered so it seems that items are somehow split up when they are in transit.

It was a stressful time but everything did arrive although the wrist pegs seem to be quite weak on the Dark Judges so beware when changing hands. I'm sure your B/W Dredd will get to you hopefully soon as it seems like these last deliveries are finally making out to people.

Ian

Palifan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:47 am

Hey Greg, returned from London?

How long is Apoc Dredd 1/6th likely to be up for? Another week or two?

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTooN on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Apoc 1:6th Dredd is already up with a couple of UK re-sellers if you miss it BPP....cheaper than it was on Bamba !!!

I paid $440 for 2 on day of release, in full, a year or whatever in advance. Cost worked out at £183 a pop with Paypals robbery of 1:20/£. Good the bad and the robots have it up for £165 and post, IDtoys at £169.99 (not sure if post is on top with them)

Gregory - Why would we pay up front in full at Bamba if we can put a 10% deposit down with a UK retailer AND pay a cheaper price when its released ? Even if there is a £10 postal fee on top, my outlay for 2 pieces is £30+ cheaper ordering in the UK with only 10% upfront. It doesnt seem right to me at all that I can buy product cheaper from a re-seller than from the manufacturer.

Not meant as an attack at all, I'm just confused and wondering if I should ignore Bamba in future and order in the UK. I appreciate currency fluctuations can have an effect and also that its entirely up to the retailer what they charge for product but unless you guys want to move away from direct sales this seems wrong. Hope you can shed some light on it for me, I'm happy to buy direct, I dont mind paying upfront, I do object to a price difference.

TheTooN
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTooN on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Weathering - I love the look 3A achieved on Dredd but after posing a bit I'm losing a lot of it and wondering why it comes off and what can I do to minimise it in future. You can see an example of it on Dredd's right leg, adjacent the holster on the 2000ad (3A) Thrill mail pic so its not just mine. Plastic/rubber or whatever underneath is a lot brighter once its rubbed off and lets it down a bit.

The second picture is an extreme as Dredd's been manhandled in and out of the suit a couple of times due to the broken hip peg. Right forearm/glove has lost a big chunk of its weathering, its also gone on the same place as the thrill mail pic and also on the raised parts of the gloves and pads. Fairly bright colour underneath. My other 2 Dredd's have suffered similar paint loss but to a lesser degree as I've tried to leave them alone.

Can anyone help me out with tips or advice ? Dont play with them is not a tip Wink

TheTooN
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:16 pm

BPP wrote:Hey Greg, returned from London?

How long is Apoc Dredd 1/6th likely to be up for? Another week or two?

Yes! Will be up for a couple weeks.

Ash and I had a blast at the show and both loved meeting so many fans and creators. We're both dead exhausted from travel, but it was really worth it.  Pretty cool to see how many artists are into 3A. If there's ever another event like it again, we'll definitely be back.

Also a real highlight was seeing Rufus introduce Ash to McMahon and Ash telling him how much his art meant to him. Very very cool experience.

Now back to business -

The simple truth is we need to sell a lot of these to break even. Bambaland sales obviously help us determine numbers/interest quicker. More people buy from Retail than from Bambaland. We offer from Bambaland so people with 3AA membership can use their discount and some buy from Bamba for free international shipping as that is not offered by everybody. There is an established SRP and if they want to charge more or less, then that is up to the retailer. Buy where you want to buy from as retailers need support just as much as we do.

The Thrill Mail pictures are not the final products, just images from turns for 2000AD to give their approval before we showed them off at the 40th Fest.

1/12th Apoc Dredd suit will be more torn up/tattered. He also features the 1/6th head sculpt. Depending on the costs of tooling we may add a bullet hole to the badge and a RAD Cloak. All depends on costs/logistics – we can make it on a prototype no problem, but we have to make sure the factory can reproduce them and reproduce them well.

Weathering – everything is hand painted, so there are going to be variations across each individual figure. Some come out cleaner than others.

3A Staff
3A Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTooN on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Thanks for the reply Gregory. I'd have loved to have been there at the 40th, seen a load of pics on FB, some were really touching like Mick and Carlos sharing a beer after so many years.

Exciting to hear there are options being considered to make the 1:12th more Apocalyps'y Smile Mortis damaged suit came out superb so I'm hoping Dredd's will too. Also good to hear it will use the 1:6th headsculpt (not that I dislike the original) I just like variants to be as different as possible for the price. Mezco wore me out with theirs, 4th and final navy blue set is en-route from the US now (bought months ago) and honestly, I dont really want it anymore.

I did look at membership but only buying 2000ad product means its not a good deal for me personally. I do appreciate the free intl shipping and also the efforts to keep customs at bay. I also see value in the fantastic customer support. I'm a retired sales Director which is why I queried a re-seller undercutting you. If I'd done that to my suppliers I know what their response would have been.

Weathering - I completely understand the hand painted no 2 alike comment but I'm referring to the weathering effect rubbing off from handling/posing. I've not had weathering loss on any other 3A figure to date, just Dredd and only on the rubber/vinyl (or whatever) pads, boots and gloves. Could it be the natural oils on fingertips ? Maybe I should wear some cotton gloves or similar for handling them. Pop Culture Shock Dredd on Lawmaster came with a white pair, maybe they will find a use now. If the fingertips go grey I'll know its not my clammy mitts causing it.

TheTooN
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dweezil on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 am

Great meeting you and Ash at the 40th, Gregory!

Glad to hear that you've recovered and had such a great time-I know the 3A fans appreciated you coming over!

A million things I wanted to ask, but promptly forgot in all the excitement, but it was fantastic seeing 1/12 Ro Jaws up close and the head of Satanus!

I hear a rumour that Judge Fire may be making an appearance sooner than expected-are you at liberty to confirm this?

Great news about the 1/12 Apocalypse Judge Dredd too!

So much to look forward too!! bounce
Dweezil
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:24 pm

It's gonna be a while before Fire is ready. The fire bits are tough to make look cool. Late Summer/Fall maybe.

Logistics/factory side are sussing out all the details and prices for Alpha, Tharg, Ro-jaws, etc. Once we get prices/notes we're happy with we'll get PO dates figured out.

Satanus is on hold due to costs. We wanna make it, but we'd have to sell somewhere close to 1000 at $320 to break even. Which as much as I'd love to happen, probably won't.

3A Staff
3A Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top