TK HUNTER discussion

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Sideglide on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:07 pm

P.S. The wife too the addition well. Is more concerned where the giant box is going to be stored.

P.P.S. The poncho has buttons on them that I am on the fence about. On one hand, if I were to make something like this, I might appropriate some buttons as they can give a look of big studs. But on the other hand, they are dress shirt buttons. It can make him look like he threw on a ratty shirt and throws the scale off. Since this fig is all custom pieces, why not go all the way? Instead of the buttons, some rivets would look cool. Might also do that instead...

avatar
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Posts : 339
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by <{OjO}> on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Glad you dodged a bullet with the wife Sideglide! What's the comic like?
avatar
<{OjO}>
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 202
Join date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by gar on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Thanks Sideglide.

Can't wait for mine to arrive.
Although I fear Customs won't be mild on me.

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t17p400-tk-hunter-discussion#34944

_________________
alles sal reg kom
avatar
gar
Admin

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2015-02-20
Location : de tering lage landen

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Sideglide on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Customs might be OK. I think the declared value was 40 on mine.

Comic was more a mini book. A bit of writing about the various mortis and similar in style as the Kuntsler books.

avatar
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Posts : 339
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by gimbat on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Sideglide wrote:Customs might be OK.  I think the declared value was 40 on mine.

Comic was more a mini book.  A bit of writing about the various mortis and similar in style as the Kuntsler books.


EMS shipping expenses of such a heavy parcel would be crazy.

And once they see that shipping is times more expensive than invoice value, they will ask for payment proof.

Hopefully I am wrong and our Legionnaires in Europe will not have any issues, fingers crossed.
avatar
gimbat
3A Staff
3A Staff

Posts : 2138
Join date : 2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by gar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:42 am

gimbat wrote:
Sideglide wrote:Customs might be OK.  I think the declared value was 40 on mine.

Comic was more a mini book.  A bit of writing about the various mortis and similar in style as the Kuntsler books.


EMS shipping expenses of such a heavy parcel would be crazy.

And once they see that shipping is times more expensive than invoice value, they will ask for payment proof.

Hopefully I am wrong and our Legionnaires in Europe will not have any issues, fingers crossed.

hmm, Depending on weight about €40 in Customs fees and taxes.

Fingers crossed

_________________
alles sal reg kom
avatar
gar
Admin

Posts : 1472
Join date : 2015-02-20
Location : de tering lage landen

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by <{OjO}> on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:18 am

Has anyone received tracking details from CS for these guys?
avatar
<{OjO}>
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 202
Join date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Cthulhu on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:49 am

Vali was the way to go for sure, looking forward to mine!
avatar
Cthulhu
Tomorrow King

Posts : 428
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 38
Location : Ass End of Space...

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by 3a_boltman on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:03 am

I am to awaiting tracking numbers for USA
avatar
3a_boltman
Tomorrow King

Posts : 424
Join date : 2015-05-15
Location : Omaha, Nebraska

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by wutasi on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:42 pm

<{OjO}> wrote:Has anyone received tracking details from CS for these guys?

Email CS for the tracking number.
I got their response yesterday and TK Hunter was delivered on the same day.
It's one hefty big ass figure!



















avatar
wutasi
Oyabun

Posts : 704
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by <{OjO}> on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:44 pm

So really there's no point asking for a tracking number! Awesome pic's wutasi, is the left wrist telescopic?
avatar
<{OjO}>
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 202
Join date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by wutasi on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:09 pm

<{OjO}> wrote:So really there's no point asking for a tracking number! Awesome pic's wutasi, is the left wrist telescopic?

Yes the wrist can retract and extend about 2cms, although I don't see the point of it.
There are a few other things I want to point out:

1) That metal chain is a pain in the ass, it passes through the palm and out at the elbow and is hooked onto the back canister.
Due to the length it constantly get in the way of left arm movement, I will need to find a way to disconnect it somehow.

2) Both hands cannot clench into fists, it's mind boggling 3A would design it this way.

3) Ankle ratchet clicks are too far apart, adding on the weight of this figure it will tip easily.

4) The TK pouches are all PVC molded.
avatar
wutasi
Oyabun

Posts : 704
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by <{OjO}> on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Umm, not good! Was really hoping this guy would be flawless for the near $600 price tag!
avatar
<{OjO}>
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 202
Join date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by <{OjO}> on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:21 pm

And I don't understand why CS aren't sending us the tracking numbers!? scratch
avatar
<{OjO}>
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 202
Join date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by dtrain on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Wow, Death Mask Hack for the win!  So glad that's the one I picked, and getting that bonus 1/12 TK is just icing on the cake...more bang for your buck.

Not a fan of Vali from the pics I've seen.

I also requested tracking and mine has had no registered movement since being processed through China on Jan 19th.  Weird that USPS hasn't scanned it yet cause I doubt it hasn't crossed the ocean yet.
avatar
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Posts : 329
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Oneluckyboy on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:09 pm

Who has pics of Vali..all ive seen is DM
avatar
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Posts : 714
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by <{OjO}> on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:20 pm

Few pics on page 17 OLB! The more I think about it, I'm really disappointed that he can't make a fist! What an oversight on 3A's behalf.... Neutral
avatar
<{OjO}>
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 202
Join date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Oneluckyboy on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:43 pm

They both look great! Kinda like the brighter colors..but neither was a bad choice.
avatar
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Posts : 714
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by <{OjO}> on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:58 pm

I do like the decals on Vali and I think you can see all the little details on him better as well. Love the "FUCK JENGA"decal, didn't see that on the promo.
avatar
<{OjO}>
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 202
Join date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by thumbtack82 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:23 am

Picked up Vali from the post office after work, very exciting! I'm just getting started playing around with it but so far I'm very impressed with what I see!

<{OjO}> wrote:1) That metal chain is a pain in the ass, it passes through the palm and out at the elbow and is hooked onto the back canister.
Due to the length it constantly get in the way of left arm movement, I will need to find a way to disconnect it somehow.

Hey wutasi, I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but I just figured out that the top of the cylinder on the TK Hunter's back can be turned to retract/extend the chain, maybe this will help?  I kind of wonder if doing this might cause some paint wear, as the top of the cylinder seems to be touching the Hunter's collar. Also, the movement of this is ratcheted, thought at first I might have busted something when I heard the loud click noise but it seems to be fine.
avatar
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Posts : 274
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 35
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:45 pm

DMTK Hunter looks cool, no idea where me Vali is... somewhere over the rainbow I'm guessing...
avatar
Cthulhu
Tomorrow King

Posts : 428
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 38
Location : Ass End of Space...

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by wutasi on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:48 pm

thumbtack82 wrote:Picked up Vali from the post office after work, very exciting! I'm just getting started playing around with it but so far I'm very impressed with what I see!

<{OjO}> wrote:1) That metal chain is a pain in the ass, it passes through the palm and out at the elbow and is hooked onto the back canister.
Due to the length it constantly get in the way of left arm movement, I will need to find a way to disconnect it somehow.

Hey wutasi, I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but I just figured out that the top of the cylinder on the TK Hunter's back can be turned to retract/extend the chain, maybe this will help?  I kind of wonder if doing this might cause some paint wear, as the top of the cylinder seems to be touching the Hunter's collar. Also, the movement of this is ratcheted, thought at first I might have busted something when I heard the loud click noise but it seems to be fine.

oh cool~ I did not know that, will definitely try this out tonight. Thanks for the tip thumbtack!
3A could've include some instruction on this along with range of articulation and where the ratchets are expected.
I will say TK Hunter is really growing on me the more I play with it, just need to resolve that dang loose ankle.
avatar
wutasi
Oyabun

Posts : 704
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Sideglide on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Is the front of the foot supposed to pivot? I see there is joint but it acts like it doesnt wanna go unless I break things. Spend the better part of 30 minutes fiddling around. The twisting on the back canister is nice, dig that. The telescopic arm is cool but doesnt really hold the "retracted" wrist all that well.

The ankle ball joints indeed need more ratcheting options. messing with the fig, they have loosened a bit from out of the box. He stands OK, but have caught him beginning to lean so I keep it leaning back against a wall. Really wish there was a pin or something that I could insert int hte foot and through the ball joint to help lock it in place.
avatar
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Posts : 339
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Vaxillus on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Got mine but the power was out when I was fiddling with him. Apparently I have terrible luck with big bot figures, one of the bolts in his right shoulder pads is actually a big plastic pin that holds the shoulder pads on and min falls out. Superglue will fix it but wasn't expecting to have to do that on a figure this expensive. It likely came loose during transit, but seems astounding this would happen.

I didn't mess with the figure too much other than that, it was Dark so I didn't want to do something stupid and break him. I did look through the book he comes with. Seems like there's a little preview of a new mortis bot. It's a female type with extra long arms and a mass of tubes for a head, I believe it was some sort of command bot. Also detailed some of the larger bots too huge to actually make. The TK Hunter isn't meant to be one of the REALLY big bots, he's actually pretty far down the scale.

I got Vali, I'll try and get around to posting pictures later. Good chance I'll forget though...
avatar
Vaxillus
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 162
Join date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Albino on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:49 am

TK Hunter Arrived

Pretty BIG







More photos - http://artandtoys.ru/viewtopic.php?id=3522
avatar
Albino
Oyabun

Posts : 770
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 34
Location : Russia \ Moscow

http://www.artandtoys.ru

Back to top Go down

Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum