World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite 'BOT' in WWR ?

+33
illproxy
karr1981
ESeffinga
Oneluckyboy
Sleepyd0g
Zilla
Captain Squiddy
marqzbox
SQUID
pezbanana
Dar Wolfram
koonfasa
gundamben831
Wooly
plastic ape
3Afan
Reks36
Beaumont
Cthulhu
Deus Machina
Argentix
soulburn
ianross
zbrushman
gar
Skipper11x
Dolly
bianco
geisT
counterfeit
Artoo
Chivo
bubs67
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What is your favourite CLASS of BOT in WWR ?

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 14 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 15 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
[ 8 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
[ 4 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 103

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favourite 'BOT' in WWR ?

Post by ianross Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:21 pm

Still my faves ^_^

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 EfRby7
ianross
ianross
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favourite 'BOT' in WWR ?

Post by soulburn Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:56 am

Glad to see lots of armstrong love.

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by bubs67 Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:34 am

Pixelpiper wrote:The problem with having too many choices in a poll is that the results lose meaning and are far less accurate, both because of smaller deltas between results and a voter's indecision caused by too-similar choices. The only way to compensate is to drastically increase the number of results (votes), but that's going to be hard to d0 with only 200 members in the forum. Wink
Well ..maybe everyone will vote or we get some more members Laughing
bubs67
bubs67
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by bubs67 Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:35 am

..well interesting it is not a one or two horse race .. peg leg Bertie is a stand out ..wish I grabbed Sand version as I have the DD only
bubs67
bubs67
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm a Caesar fan myself, before that I really liked Large Martins. The Caesar was kind of a revolutionary WWR bot for me (and for WWR really). It was the first model that really screamed high-tech, high-performance weaponry. A shift in mindsets from the old clunkers like the Berties and Brambles to a honed, efficient, killing machine. I see it as the true start of WWR Evol, since now it seems like the series is continuing to model new bots to have much the same look and feel: Sleeker, sharper, more advanced.
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by bubs67 Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:01 am

Interesting on Caesar .. as a stand out bot like all ... A DC on roids for me.  However proves you can't please everyone I suppose .. I was drawn to WWR bots for their old WWII feel ..an alternate timeline of war machines from an industrial era of bygone age .. enough high-tech out there in things like Titan Fall .. WWR was a version of the MAK era for me and hope it continues closer to this than high tech
bubs67
bubs67
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:22 am

Argentix wrote:I'm a Caesar fan myself, before that I really liked Large Martins. The Caesar was kind of a revolutionary WWR bot for me (and for WWR really). It was the first model that really screamed high-tech, high-performance weaponry. A shift in mindsets from the old clunkers like the Berties and Brambles to a honed, efficient, killing machine. I see it as the true start of WWR Evol, since now it seems like the series is continuing to model new bots to have much the same look and feel: Sleeker, sharper, more advanced.

Very interesting, I am with Bubs about the WW2 feel.
Really love Bertie(s) and two eye Bramble(s).
In that line Caesar is a step up Albert(o) looks a bit a step side ways.

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 7_year

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Machina Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:11 am

Bramble. 'Nuff said. That gorilla of a bot is what got me into 3A in the first place.
Deus Machina
Deus Machina
Yesterday Kid

http://fatgeckoblogii.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bubs67 Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:56 am

Interesting the MK1 Bertie still in the lead ... pre 3A production and lacks some of the weathering detail / finish of 3A bots .. however the design itself is classic ..simple OG WWII feel bot ...  if I had an OG deep powder Bramble perhaps I would be swayed ... keep voting!!
bubs67
bubs67
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:03 am

Caesar for me too, I like all the WWR bots but Caesars (especially the dome version) got me into WWR. I like their proportions and the shoulder shield(s) and a robot that uses a knife, I think is super cool.
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaumont Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:04 am

I went with the Large Martin myself, although the Bertie came to a close second due to the dirty deeds squad. To me nothing comes close to pure raw power than the large martins, You can just imagine the earth shaking when these bad boys are in the field.

I'm still hoping for a 1:6th JEA large martin over here. Come on Ash!!!
Beaumont
Beaumont
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:13 am

i sold my DP LM a while ago. I'd be down for 1/6 Damn Large Martin, two cannon design would be awesome. Granted id have to paint it myself in emgy colorway most likely.
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Reks36 Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:12 am

Bertie MK1 Twisted Evil
Reks36
Reks36
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by 3Afan Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:15 am

Cesar!!!
its name says all Smile
3Afan
3Afan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by 3Afan Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:39 am

Artoo wrote:
gar wrote:Dropcloth 1.5U is my least favourite (after 2 years still not used to the design)

I don't know why the original drop is my favorite and the 1.5 is my least favorite. The new additions just don't do it for me and I can't explain why. ????
I also never understood squares and why people love them. Can anyone explain their love for them, just curious and not hating on them.
Finally.... I mean, I do not hate square and would love to have one on the team for the variety, but I saw many people collect like 10-20 of them... How much is 1/6 square by the way? The price I saw on Ebay telling me that they could be as expensive as a drop cloth !?
I also like the 1.0 DC better than 1.5 I figure it has something to do with the proportion. The 1.0 looks like he has longer arms and a more athletic build.
3Afan
3Afan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by plastic ape Sun May 03, 2015 12:17 am

For me personally, it's still a toss up between DC's or Brambles - any configuration of either. For colorways I generally prefer the WF, Iron Panda, Commando Uncle and Deimos. They display better with my other 1/6th figures. I generally wasn't a fan of the squares until I saw those crab-styled 4 Squares. Those were very freaky looking.
plastic ape
plastic ape
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Sun May 03, 2015 1:04 am

Long ramble imminent:

The Caesar ::: Yep, definitely a standout. The size, the harmonic knife, Bertie SmrtGun, Roth's personal guards. Absolutely a revolutionary WWR leap into revealing what is kept close by those who require a bot that is a step above the more common front line stompers. The drop itself was revolutionary too. We'd never seen a 12+ colorway sale on a massive bot and all the Intel that came with it. The first WWR comic included with a bot as well. Dome or Flat-top, I really dig 'em both. The only flaws for me are the body proportion(take the apron off and you'll see) as well as the apron being too small for my liking. Pretty subjective critiques and minor compared to all the other badass qualities.

"Why do you like squares? What's the appeal?" ::: Oh man, the story from WWR completely sucked me in. The ridiculous sculpted grin & the fact that the voice others hear sounds like a child is so damn freaky to picture on the battle field. You're approaching a hill through the fog and you think you hear a small kid saying something but it sounds... off. You slowly make your way up the grade and you see this creepy smiling square walking steady over the hill towards your group. #1) What the hell?!? It has no weapons, nothing to really "do" anything to you but it just keeps walking. The fact that it's an Intel unit is brilliant because it's probably armored to the point of needing heavy ballistics to put it down and must have great range for communications being that it doesn't appear all that agile. (mk1)
And #2) once you see the square, you're fucked. If it "sees" you then you can be near certain that in about 3 seconds there will be bullets coming at you or a Caesar tumbling at you from behind with a harmonic blade fatality about to be performed.
So yeah, I freaking love the little fuggers and I think they round out a squad real nicely too.

**** My vote **** ::: DROPCLOTH , yo.
The first 3A bot I ever saw (retail uncle 5), the first 1/6 WWR I owned (Deimos Liberator) and an all around bot that has that classic WWR grit that a few have mentioned over the past couple pages. I also like that it's pretty much a foot soldier bot but it also seems to have the ability to transcend it's lower level position and be a big player in the WWR arc. You have Slaughterhouse, EMGY, Peaceday, Deimos, George and Mildred all adding great stories into the WWR world and I've always really been a sucker for it's trashcan bot design. I imagine them to be pretty damn fast and strong. Almost like something to be feared more than the bigger bots because they seem like they could actually get up close and personal.
So yeah, DC for the muh-fuggin win at this point with me. I'm of the same mindset on the 1.5U. I looove the extra articulation and the gear... but it still really doesn't touch the 1.0

WWR is cool.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun May 03, 2015 7:12 am

I like the Ankou myself.  Suspect
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sun May 03, 2015 11:43 am

How could anyone not like the Squares? They're basically genius from a design and toy perspective: Simple, yet extremely expressive, and with so many colorway variants the collecting potential is massive. I could easily see ThreeA doing a series of blind-bagged WWRp Squares as their next retail release... err, well, I could see them doing that 2 years ago...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Artoo Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Argentix wrote:How could anyone not like the Squares?

I don't like the squares, just my own opinion. Sleep
Artoo
Artoo
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Mon May 04, 2015 12:20 am

Curious when this Bertie/pasche set is coming out., as for the Bertie love I can contribute to say my love came from Warbot in the ZvR graphic novel which I wish I could own one. I still have a huge affinity for Caesar's and Harold's, plus I was late to ThreeA didn't start until Dec of 2013.

gar wrote:
Argentix wrote:I'm a Caesar fan myself, before that I really liked Large Martins. The Caesar was kind of a revolutionary WWR bot for me (and for WWR really). It was the first model that really screamed high-tech, high-performance weaponry. A shift in mindsets from the old clunkers like the Berties and Brambles to a honed, efficient, killing machine. I see it as the true start of WWR Evol, since now it seems like the series is continuing to model new bots to have much the same look and feel: Sleeker, sharper, more advanced.

Very interesting, I am with Bubs about the WW2 feel.
Really love Bertie(s) and two eye Bramble(s).
In that line Caesar is a step up Albert(o) looks a bit a step side ways.

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 7_year
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 pm

gundamben831 wrote:Curious when this Bertie/pasche set is coming out., as for the Bertie love I can contribute to say my love came from Warbot in the ZvR graphic novel which I wish I could own one.  I still have a huge affinity for Caesar's and Harold's, plus I was late to ThreeA didn't start until Dec of 2013.

Sadly I doubt we'll see a set with these figures,

This Lizbeth is from the LAB-RA-DORÉ Set which was sold in August 2014.
link to review on collectathingy.com

The Bertie is a still unreleased Albert(o).
As far as I can see, only the legs are the same as Bertie Mk2 (and maybe even those are different), everything else is new.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm

It's a hard choice between the Mk3 & Harold, but I think...
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 2 005knives_zps5a4d26b5
Although, I do have six Caesars.
koonfasa
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar Wolfram Tue May 05, 2015 6:18 am

Wooly wrote:
"Why do you like squares? What's the appeal?" ::: Oh man, the story from WWR completely sucked me in. The ridiculous sculpted grin & the fact that the voice others hear sounds like a child is so damn freaky to picture on the battle field. You're approaching a hill through the fog and you think you hear a small kid saying something but it sounds... off. You slowly make your way up the grade and you see this creepy smiling square walking steady over the hill towards your group. #1) What the hell?!? It has no weapons, nothing to really "do" anything to you but it just keeps walking. The fact that it's an Intel unit is brilliant because it's probably armored to the point of needing heavy ballistics to put it down and must have great range for communications being that it doesn't appear all that agile. (mk1)
And #2) once you see the square, you're fucked. If it "sees" you then you can be near certain that in about 3 seconds there will be bullets coming at you or a Caesar tumbling at you from behind with a harmonic blade fatality about to be performed.
So yeah, I freaking love the little fuggers and I think they round out a squad real nicely too.

I love the square story. I love you It's so wonderfully dark, devious and twisted and, when combined with the toddler-like locomotion of the MK1s, makes for one incredibly cute and deadly war bot.
Dar Wolfram
Dar Wolfram
Tomorrow King

https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t30-list-your-collection-a

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Thu May 07, 2015 11:59 am

LARGE MARTIN for me!

it was my first WWR Bot in mid 2013, though i knew Berties and Brambles back when they retailed, i think in 2009, but i was scared off by the price... back then my standard for figures was MOTU Classics Rolling Eyes

anyway, LM won me over. The sheer size / scale compared with humans, its mass, its clunkiness, its proportions, its shape...

it's asymmetry, its stumpy hands, it's tiny tiny eyes...

the fact that it has more surface than any other bot over which to paint (and therefore the most beautiful and rich paint apps on any 3A bot, IMO).

while i think Berties and Brambles are quintessential WWR designs, LM is the one i feel closer to, at a personal level.

Oh, and i also love squares. As Argentix said, they're pure design genius. All WWR bots are based on cylindrical shapes, but Square is unique in that he is... square!

pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next