ThreeA X Marvel: Spider-Man

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ThreeA X Marvel: Spider-Man

Post by ESeffinga on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:31 pm

Awe man, yeah I did like the proto's eye holes better. Gave it that kid made at home feel that was rocking. This way is much more of what people would expect, but I liked the other way better. I am assuming he's got painted eyes on his face under the mask... maybe we can cut our own.
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:31 pm

Hope Threea change their mind just like TK hunter and make the red spidey available at bambaland too.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirforce on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:02 am

I think these turned out nice but I'm disappointment with the price and the fact that the classic version is a retail exclusive. None of the other Marvel figures were sold this way and I think it will hurt sales.

Heirforce
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:08 am

I'm still stunned how (almost) every detail is perfected to my liking... one thing still puzzles me: why is the spider-logo on the robot so damn cool and graphically balanced and then again the logo on Peter's shirt is sort of clumsy in comparison...? What is the logic to that? Peter built and painted the robot, right? And designed the logo on the bot, right? So why is his own shirt's logo so "sketchy"? Why would Peter use different style logo on his shirt? ...just wondering. Smile

[edited] Thanks to Chivo and Illproxy, I have a satisfactory explanation now... see below. As far as I'm concerned, the set is now perfect. Very Happy

Last edited by zzzzz on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
zzzzz
Oyabun

https://instagram.com/cinco_zeta

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:53 am

Maybe he's just not that talented a tailor.  I mean in the movie his suit did ride up on him around the crotch area.  Or maybe he ordered his shirt from some crappy online print a shirt site. tongue
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:06 am

I like stealth more but I am really disappointed that 3A isn't have both up on Bamba. Makes having 15% off discount and free worldwide shipping really pointless.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:28 am

maybe the robot was built by his dad, wasnt tetsujin 28 like that or sumthin? giant robo? bot is handed down to son etc
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybo3000 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:43 am

Yeah the more I look the more I want the Classic. Maybe it's a case of I want what I can't have haha.

These 2 are rad but I wish we got more colour-ways with this like with Ironman. I understand it is exponentially more work but I would have loved to see a Scarlet Spider or Miles Morales or even an FF version.
Jaybo3000
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grish on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:13 am

These look fantastic!!! I love the classic version. I want it bad. So bad I'll pay a retailer and get rapped my Canadian exchange and shipping and import fees.
Grish
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Heirforce on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:22 am

Grish wrote:These look fantastic!!! I love the classic version. I want it bad. So bad I'll pay a retailer and get rapped my Canadian exchange and shipping and import fees.

The price will be insane in Canadian dollars! I will no longer buy anything ThreeA at retail for all the reasons you mentioned above. I really wanted the Shitty9 set but had to pass and would like the classic Spiderman too... but it's not happening.

Heirforce
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Chivo wrote:Or maybe he ordered his shirt from some crappy online print a shirt site. tongue

Very Happy Excellent theory, Chivo!

illproxy wrote:maybe the robot was built by his dad, wasnt tetsujin 28 like that or sumthin? giant robo? bot is handed down to son etc

That's true too...

Okay... This Peter is just a kid playing (=fighting crime) with a robot he got from his dad. He has compiled his outfit as well as he could. Bought a soccer style long sleeve shirt and had it printed (at a crappy online site) The mask is probably just a Mexican wrestling mask. And shoes are cool looking red and blue shoes to match the outfit. Makes perfect sense now! Thanks guys! Smile
zzzzz
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:58 pm

nitpicking... but I wish they could fix this:

eyes on the mask seem to be located on the forehead. would look better if located lower...
zzzzz
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:42 am

^^agreed
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:34 am

Heirforce wrote:
Grish wrote:These look fantastic!!! I love the classic version. I want it bad. So bad I'll pay a retailer and get rapped my Canadian exchange and shipping and import fees.

The price will be insane in Canadian dollars! I will no longer buy anything ThreeA at retail for all the reasons you mentioned above. I really wanted the Shitty9 set but had to pass and would like the classic Spiderman too... but it's not happening.
As a fellow Canadian, I feel your paint. I have been buying Hottoys this year using the monthly 6x6 dating to lessen the blows. USD to Cad still sucks and as a 3AA member and Canadian, not being able to use my 15% off, pay for shipping and likely customs, it's a HUGE turnoff.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:37 am

zzzzz wrote:nitpicking... but I wish they could fix this:

eyes on the mask seem to be located on the forehead. would look better if located lower...

compared the release photos to "eye hole" protos. Looks like the eye placement on those release pictures is not deliberate. Eyes are located quite low in the actual Peter figure, and I presume the spider-eyes will be located lower in the final product.

zzzzz
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by regalia on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:23 am

zzzzz wrote:
zzzzz wrote:nitpicking... but I wish they could fix this:

compared the release photos to "eye hole" protos. Looks like the eye placement on those release pictures is not deliberate. Eyes are located quite low in the actual Peter figure, and I presume the spider-eyes will be located lower in the final product.

Really like the original Prototype Peter Parker. It was so home-made and cool. I'm just not a fan of the final look. Aside from the $$$, I just don't love it. Have to pass. Unless I'm feeling the love for the design it's just too hard to justify 3A purchases these days. Oh well.
regalia
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:52 am

Yep, I really liked the Toy Soul proto. Just gave it a more unique look than your typical Spidey. Ah well, money saved.
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:57 am

Toysoul proto has a tad more Raimi Spider-man wrestling match look which I kinda dig.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:41 pm

gimbat
3A Staff
3A Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:54 pm

How about addressing the Ultron issues Gimbat? Getting the distinct impression I'm being ignored.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:31 pm

It will be great if Ash let us buy a single figure of the kid wearing the toy soul 2015 prototype suit. I will definitely get it.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:45 pm

How long will the sale be up for on these?
3a_boltman
Tomorrow King

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:51 am

chiowhon wrote:It will be great if Ash let us buy a single figure of the kid wearing the toy soul 2015 prototype suit. I will definitely get it.
I really want the camera accessories more than the rest of it.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by LV-426 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:48 am

Totally agree about the prototype . . . I hate Spiderman, think it's assinine, but the kid dressed up in this costume he'd put together
and walking around the city in it was just too cool. New version completely kills that entire thing.
LV-426
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:47 pm

I really like the spiderbot. Is that Ironman's height or is Parker a dweeb body?

Haven't been around often enough lately. Works been busy, I bought a cheap game that takes a dragons age to play and I've been focused on some other lines...
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top