World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure Kartel General Discussion

+60
gcJAE
3A BOLTMAN
Joshimus
Sideglide
UsedUniverse
dtrain
Mr. Rictus
zbrushman
<{OjO}>
mazinguerbeta
illproxy
mqhuynh
gimbat
PaulyPopBot
wutasi
counterfeit
Tigerfeet
koonfasa
beeto bot
YamiQ
Artoo
GrandpaStern
ESeffinga
TheRealEric
ennui
miracle bubbles
abex44
IronChap
Wooly
pezbanana
BPP
PiggyV01
Skipper11x
mildred
chiowhon
SS01
Jaybo3000
Beaumont
Grish
Crem
ghostmouse
johnnyhaggis
Jroug
3a_boltman
rancorkill
papamadoo
P85
gregory
thumbtack82
Cthulhu
Dar Wolfram
Chivo
gar
fluppeco
Matrix
gundamben831
ZombieRepublican
zendeluxe
Albino
x43x
64 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Adventure Kartel General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Adventure Kartel General Discussion

Post by fluppeco Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:28 pm

hong kong must be some kind of haven for low cost companies, I know it's some kind of tax paradise.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Adventure Kartel General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Adventure Kartel General Discussion

Post by papamadoo Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:33 pm

fluppeco wrote:hong kong must be some kind of haven for low cost companies, I know it's some kind of tax paradise.

not just that compagnies do business with chinese prison, they have a product at low cost without really paying employes. its known to be anticompetitive. and also other country doesnt stop saying we need to be competitive.

its kind of a really messed up situation.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:15 am

Man, I want this set but $382.50 is a lot of scratch to lay down. Probably going to bite since AK is the majority of my collection.

Where's my Mrs. Shadow at?
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:35 am

wow $450 for that set, outrageous.... I can see maybe $350-375 but damn that is coming close to $115 per figure for that set. No dice for me and already have my favorite version of Tommy (retail Red) and Zombot (bamba SDCC) and Johan was always an afterthought for me. The character is cool but this new dark version really fell short of what the character represents. He was pink and should have at least had some kind of Pink tones. But with the running theme of the set everything seems very bland.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by mildred Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:59 am

BPP wrote:
mildred wrote:
BPP wrote:Well in the UK you just take that correspondence to the small claims court. There is zero doubt you'll get full compensation and costs. Rules on non-delivery and estimate dates are well established.

doubt it -- 3a is a hongkong- based company, afaik, so the courts will be unlikely to entertain it.

Companies selling into a jurisdiction are bound by all laws of that jurisdiction, including consumer protection and rules on dispute resolution. A court order will be levelled against any company assets in the country, including any further items imported. Any legal advice will be to settle and save themselves a ball ache.

sounds like conjecture to me. what you're saying sounds idealistic and logical, but is it actual fact? i don't think it would be very practical or even within the small claims track jurisdiction ('small claims court' is a misnomer).
besides, 3a aren't selling into the UK -- we're importing into the UK. i may be wrong, but i think, in legal terms, it's like someone going to hongkong, buying a fig, then coming back. why would the UK gov't get involved in that transaction?
i don't really know enough about the matter, but i have a hunch it's not cut-and-dried as you think it would be.
mildred
mildred
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:30 am

I'm tempted to get the Sunday AK pack only for Zombot and sell the rest, but i have a feeling other nice versions of Zombot will pop up in Bamba some other time, individually.

$96 for each figure (3AA) is not bad. But i don't want to spend 4X that plus the hassle of selling the other 3 figures i don't want.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:28 am

Yep, I was considering the same thing, I wanted the Zombot as well and maybe Tommy, but I've got enough figures to sell. tongue
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:37 am

Everyone prefers the Zombot!

After having Nabler Guys, Ankou heads seem so tiny to me, so not really a fan of Johan.

Shadow is nice, though.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:46 am

Guys shogun is up up up

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:50 am

I love Ankou's pez them and Nabler guys are awesome.  Ankou's are simple minded except the rare few (Junglevet, Johan) but still each and everyone has character.  The dual UZI's are cool for the zombot and he had a boiler suit and backpack its a nice layout of gear and as far as the Johan figure he has the same pistol as the shadow Wu figure which is cool but nothing really new and the faux leather boots are OK I feel they should have went ala sneaker route or shoes for Johan.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:49 pm

No issue with these figures.
Great set.

The only thing that surprised me was the 12" Little Shadow.
I would have expected a 10" variant...

My first eyeless Tommy.
And who can say no to two Military Armament Corporation Model 10s. Smile
I hope we see these scaled up end up with WWR Bertie Mk2 or 1:6th ZvR Warbot

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:31 am

pezbanana wrote:I'm tempted to get the Sunday AK pack only for Zombot and sell the rest, but i have a feeling other nice versions of Zombot will pop up in Bamba some other time, individually.

$96 for each figure (3AA) is not bad. But i don't want to spend 4X that plus the hassle of selling the other 3 figures i don't want.

Yup,.. my dilemma as well. Johan isn't Johan,... Shadow is cool and all but my wife doesn't want her. Tommy is smooth, but not a must have. Zombot is a beast and I'd be all over that. Still, love the idea of the set overall. Great monotones.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Had to skip this set, just couldn't swing it. Too many bills and things. Really wanted it though, too bad there is no bambaland reward program. Would of been cool to score this for nada! Oh well... just toys, life trumps plastic figurine nonsense.
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:55 am

any news on Megazomb? coming up on a year and little to no info on this huge guy. I'm really excited to see a larger zomb figure let alone any new zomb figure haven't been too many lately.

what was the last zomb figure released in 1/6 besides MD, Nurses, and the Zombacles?
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Would have to be Oppenheimer GID Zomb I think, late 2013 drop.

Been a shithouse year for AK, Megazomb is vaporware at this point and otherwise it's just been a handful of rehashes. Not a single new character Sad
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Mega Zomb would make a sweet Halloween drop,.... if we already had a few weeks notice. No doubt his price tag will towards the high hundred / low two hundred range.
If anything AK is offered for the holiday then you're right, it'll be another version of something we've already seen. I'd say, Milky Angry Zomkin.
So the Panda figures were last year,.... damn, yeah, not one new AK fig the entire year.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by abex44 Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:53 pm

Whatever happened to AKK? Is Mrs. Shadow ever getting made. I remember seeing her proto like 2 years ago.

abex44
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by miracle bubbles Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:28 am

With our luck the AK Halloween drop will be a Pascha with a Zombkin head Sad
miracle bubbles
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ennui Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:52 am

miracle bubbles wrote:With our luck the AK Halloween drop will be a Pascha with a Zombkin head :(
Not gonna' lie, I'd dig it.
ennui
ennui
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:14 am

or ear my out, Zombkin with pascha head !

I like the idea of pascha cosplaying Zombkin, with a mask.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jroug Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:36 am

abex44 wrote:Whatever happened to AKK? Is Mrs. Shadow ever getting made. I remember seeing her proto like 2 years ago.

Yes, I second the LIVING FUCK out of that. When did we all get last set of the AKK series, the 60's?

Jroug
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by rancorkill Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:36 am

Well, 2015 is almost gone... and I was hoping this year to see:
Megazomb
The Fucking Fuckers pack
Future Mort
more of Handsome Wu's clan

I'm hoping before the end of the year we get another AK preorder that is NOT an existing figure. Not feeling any AK love this year at all!!!

rancorkill
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jroug Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:01 am

If you release Future Mort, he's no longer "Future" Mort, he's "Present" Mort, so maybe the whole idea of ever making him is just an elaborate hoax.

Jroug
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealEric Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:08 am

Jroug wrote:If you release Future Mort, he's no longer "Future" Mort, he's "Present" Mort, so maybe the whole idea of ever making him is just an elaborate hoax.

I always will have hated time paradoxes. Smile
TheRealEric
TheRealEric
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Saw ash's Instagram. Gives hope Mort is makes an appearance!
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next