Mongrol smush!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mongrol smush!

Post by Ming on Tue May 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Preserving a little more history…  Classic 3A blurry shots!  Remember the excitement of these?  Also a few of the official pics and the dedication from Ash to me and my boys on the box of the SDCC 1/12 Black Hole version (thanks as always to Martin for that).

I can dig out my old info-dump posts with pics from the 2000AD stories if anyone needs me to, of course.
Ming
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Re: Mongrol smush!

Post by YamiQ on Wed May 27, 2015 4:33 am

Really wish I could get this guy if they are going to put out all the ABC warriors in 1/12. He came out before I knew about 3a sadly. Sad

YamiQ
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar on Wed May 27, 2015 5:04 am

YamiQ wrote:Really wish I could get this guy if they are going to put out all the ABC warriors in 1/12. He came out before I knew about 3a sadly.  Sad

threeA still has the molds so they can always do a different colorway if there's enough support.

Still one of my favourite threeA releases.
And so far still my favourite licensed figure.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by YamiQ on Wed May 27, 2015 5:08 am

Yeah it would be nice. Got cart jacked on the warehouse sale. Soooo close. Really like that red and yellow coloring so will still keep an eye out for a fair priced one if it pops up. Very Happy

YamiQ
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:02 pm

I had MGS Rex on order with Sideshow when Mongrol came out. I read that some refunds were done since he took so long so I asked CS if I could order one from that and they said yes. So that's how I got mine. I think I got Mongrol first then Rex, being my first 2 3A items ever.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gar on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:17 pm

1/12 SDCC exclusive Mongrol,the Mess and the little turd barista.

pics by Adam Tierney on fb

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:18 pm

That paint finish is SHINY.

Super awesome big job by 3A as always.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:49 am

Any idea when the SDCC Bamba drop will happen? I've been f5ing for 48hrs.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:58 am

Sorry to inform you Piggy. It came and went days ago. Andy and Mongrol were up for about 10-15min. Also a 1/3 squid Pascha thing which was up for a bit longer because that was around $1000. Not sure if there was an official announcement or anything but it definitely happened.
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:20 am

Shit! Now i'm even more bummed that I scored the SDCC Mongrol when it was accidentally up and ThreeA didn't honor the purchase. I started f5ing the morning of the 21st. Must've done so either side of the sale.
On the plus side, I guess I'll not have to spend money on the ABC's as I can't get them all.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:25 pm

It was early Thursday morning, maybe lunchtime HK? Sorry you missed it and that you wasted the last few days checking. Is there any chance of a Bamba sale? Slightly different colours or packaging, if there's enough interest?
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTooN on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Thats a bummer, I've been checking like crazy as well. Love the paint on this Mongrol variant. Was Ro-Jaws sold at SDCC or just a preview ? If its just a preview do you have a pre-order date for him yet ?

TheTooN
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Skipper11x wrote:It was early Thursday morning, maybe lunchtime HK? Sorry you missed it and that you wasted the last few days checking. Is there any chance of a Bamba sale? Slightly different colours or packaging, if there's enough interest?

Will this happen Gregory? I hope so. I sold my original Mongrol when the line died and, obviously, most folks weren't able to score the SDCC one. I for one won't be collecting the ABC's (even though I want to) if I can't get the full set.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gar on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:19 pm

That's sad.
Mongrol is a fantastic figure; reason enough to keep him in any collection.
You shouldn't have sold it.

I wonder how a re-release of Mongrol will guarantee the release of all members of the Meknificent Seven?

It's possible a pre-order for another 1/12 Mongrol variant is already planned anyway.
Or such a re-release of Mongrol requires a sturdy sale of the 1:12 ABC Warriors already in development.
(Ro-jaws / Hammerstein).
Or maybe threeA decides to re-release Mongrol after all other ABC warriors have seen their release, who knows.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:28 am

I didn't keep the original because he didn't fit into my display on his own, I had no other 1/12 2000AD but had been under the impression I would based on "1 of 7" and because Ash kept going on about soon and such, but it turned out the license had lapsed and then the line was dropped for 3 years.

I now assume the others, or at least a few, are coming. We know(ish) Hammerstein is and Rojaws. I'd like to buy them but if there's no chance I can get Mongrol then my collection is incomplete. If the others weren't coming, I'd be fine without Mongrol...Although the SDCC one does look great...the originals colours never really wowed me.

My point being, we had this 1/12 2000AD line start, with promises of what was coming "soon" and 1 of 7 emblazoned the ads (and box if I recall) then it died after one release only to be resuscitated 3 years later. For everyone who had given up hope and sold/traded the first release and everyone late to the party, the first release is released again but as a very limited exclusive.

I was just asking if the release is a possibility because it will influence where I put my limited toy money going forward. Because with Mezcos 1/12 line and their clear plan of what's coming there's a lot of competition.

edit - thought I'd deleted a fair chunk of that. Sorry for rambling and repeating.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gar on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:49 pm

No problem.

I seem to recall threeA mentioned they were working on a 1/12 line in those 2.5 years.
I thought to remember the only thing what was really stopped was the 1/6 line.
But I didn't really follow the 2000AD discussion back then.

Not sure but I fear we just missed this:
SDCC ALLOTMENT ON BAMBA

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Damn it.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Nah. Aside from Squiddy, all I saw was Velvet Andy.
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by mortifactor on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Yes!!!!  1/12 Ro-jaws!!!!

edit:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!
mortifactor
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:52 pm

I managed to get an SDCC Mongrol, which arrived yesterday. It's fantastic, the paint job is great, blows the original out of the water in my opinion. Joints are all tight, balance is amazing. Only gripes, and they're minor, are the fact his mouth doesn't shut all the way and his head is on a single ball post...I had the 1/6 and I think it was on a double ball joint (may be wrong?), which would lend all kinds of expressiveness. Oh, also, the Mess will not stay in place. Other than those minor nits, love it.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:36 am

1/6th has a single ball joint neck too. Same layout of articulation as the 1/12th. The 1/12th moves and holds poses better though

The Mess has always been trouble, weren't able to redo any of the sculpt to fix it. I always end up blu-tacking mine in place

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:46 am

Never understood how the Mess couldn't have had a simple 'twist n click' to keep in place.

My 1/6 Mess went down the back of a cupboard and never came back. My 1/12 is held preciously in Mongrols grip.

Kudos to those that scored a 1/12 SDCC - see folk are selling last years SDCC Gronk for 200 bucks on ebay so god knows what a Mongrol will go for. Understand the need for exclusives but would have supported that had it been a thing for us all..

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:23 am

BPP wrote:
My 1/12 is held preciously in Mongrols grip.
I keep Mess in Mongrols mouth so I don't lose it. Either that or glue it in place.

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTooN on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:27 pm

I couldnt trust him to stay put,  like BPP I've lost bits behind the wardrobe. Mess now lives in a little glass box which has all the extras from 3A and Mezco's 2000ad figs. Nothings gone missing since I kept them in there.

I'm still not sure what the Ebay seller has with that Gronk and Fish. I only got the Bamba weathered/gritty, did the comic book ones come numbered on the shipper or is that just the SDCC sets ?  Hard to tell whats what, his ad shows the comic book set preview pic, shipper says number # of # against comic book but he's clear its SDCC colour contents. My set came with SDCC on its box....confused.com

$200 is a canny whack for 2 little fellas any way you look at it. Moral of the story, try to buy all variants at the time of release or stick to one and stay sane Wink

If I'd got the SDCC Mongrol I'd have to track down the Black Hole, without it I'm not fussed. I've seen good customers decide to stop buying Mezco Dredd as they couldnt get the SDCC and complete the 4 bike set.  You have to question the good v's bad when it comes to exclusives. Sure it brings a lot of hype to any line but when good customers cant find a piece its a kick in the chops.

Piggy - Pete on 2000ad Forum ?  BPP - Albion ?

TheTooN
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:44 pm

Re Gronk and Fish – The SDCC clean set were limited, but no edition number was given out publicly

The Comic Edition and Gritty Weathered were not numbered and limited to only however many were purchased at the time. Not many of either of the three sets out there. Production numbers never given out either

The shipping carton number doesn't equal the amount made

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: