Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by zzzzz on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:39 am

Smile
avatar
zzzzz
Oyabun

Posts : 541
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 47
Location : Finland

https://instagram.com/cinco_zeta

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:46 am

Are you the black wizards?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Argentix on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:17 am

There is indeed, a lot of important stuff being talked about in this thread. One other thing that I've had on my mind is ThreeZero: a 'sister' company who's entire existence has been based off of huge, expensive robots - usually licensed. Practically everything they put out is a super-complex, massively-detailed endeavor (even many of the human figures have intricate clothing or armor).

So I've often wondered, if ThreeZero can do this kind of stuff on a routine basis why can't ThreeA? And what has changed between now versus a few years ago when WWR figures were quite prominent? I have speculated that perhaps the market has grown bored of the WWR line in its various scales and repaints, but could there be another explanation?...
avatar
Argentix
Oyabun

Posts : 601
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 25
Location : West Lafayette, Indiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by bubs67 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:53 am

Argentix wrote:There is indeed, a lot of important stuff being talked about in this thread. One other thing that I've had on my mind is ThreeZero: a 'sister' company who's entire existence has been based off of huge, expensive robots - usually licensed. Practically everything they put out is a super-complex, massively-detailed endeavor (even many of the human figures have intricate clothing or armor).

So I've often wondered, if ThreeZero can do this kind of stuff on a routine basis why can't ThreeA? And what has changed between now versus a few years ago when WWR figures were quite prominent? I have speculated that perhaps the market has grown bored of the WWR line in its various scales and repaints, but could there be another explanation?...


.... There is indeed, a lot of important stuff being talked about in this thread. One other thing that I've had on my mind is ThreeZero: a 'sister' company who's entire existence has been based off of huge, expensive robots - usually licensed. Practically everything they put out is a super-complex, massively-detailed endeavor (even many of the human figures have intricate clothing or armor)....

... or the market is not being served what it already wants .. more of what it has already invested in .. once there was limitations on production capacity .. cost R&D ..and then there was 3AGO ... doesnt make sense
avatar
bubs67
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 210
Join date : 2015-03-13
Location : Exiled

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by zzzzz on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:44 am

Argentix wrote:I have speculated that perhaps the market has grown bored of the WWR line in its various scales and repaints, but could there be another explanation?...

Like gar earlier stated, "the market" has never been in favour of WWR. I talked with Ash back in HK Venture 2, and he mentioned that the licences stuff sells always 10 times as much as his original designs. ("10 times" was obviously a figure of speech - point being Licensed stuff brings money in, WWR does not)

I think he really is doing WWR solely for his own amusement/artistic reasons, not to make money. Ash has numerous times stated that the big bots brake even at best. He will continue releasing new WWR bots and figures, but in order to keep the company afloat, and getting bigger in order to be able to do all the stuff he has dreamed of, 3A has to release popular, money making figures, like Paschas, TKs and of course the licensed stuff. (also, I bet WWRp and 3AGO bring in much more money than WWR)

Argentix wrote:if ThreeZero can do this kind of stuff on a routine basis why can't ThreeA?

Are the licensed 3A releases worse in quality, than those released by ThreeZero? (I have no personal experience, as I have never bought any licences figures from ThreeZero) If that is true, it truly is weird, because the same guy, Kim Fung Wong, is in charge of all those releases, if I understood correctly (?) Ash has very little to do with the licensed figure 3A puts out (unless it's his artistic vision of it, like Zaku or SW TKs)

bubs67 wrote:..and then there was 3AGO ... doesnt make sense

3AGO exists because Ash himself enjoys that scale. There is lot of nostalgia attached to his own version of Mego. It does not make sense, because it's not supposed to... It's not a business decisision, or fan service. Ash has created 3A in order to do his art (in toy form) the exact way he sees fit. Just like he is not doing his paintings according to wishes of his audience.

There used to be time when Ash was on the forum daily, discussing with his fans, getting inspired by the discussions we had with him. But that is in the past. I've never experienced anything like that before, and most probably never will... But I still enjoy Ash's art and toys. Every now and then his work still surprises me, and keeps constantly inspiring me.
avatar
zzzzz
Oyabun

Posts : 541
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 47
Location : Finland

https://instagram.com/cinco_zeta

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Kedao on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:29 am

zzzzz wrote:3AGO exists because Ash himself enjoys that scale. There is lot of nostalgia attached to his own version of Mego. It does not make sense, because it's not supposed to... It's not a business decisision, or fan service. Ash has created 3A in order to do his art (in toy form) the exact way he sees fit. Just like he is not doing his paintings according to wishes of his audience.

To me, that's just marketing gimmick. In my eyes its more like they are not making enough money with 1/6 scale, and 1/12 is too expensive to make.
So they created 3AGO size. Nothing to do with Ash's nostalgia. If someone want to do some nostalgia, they could create 1-2 pieces. But to remake the entire release.......???? Very Happy

soulburn3d wrote:I also noticed that there's barely any pictures, which may have meant low sales. I want to believe its because the colorway is kind of boring, but if this new one is limited premade, 3a may have decided that the reason was the bot design, and now are trying to drum up interest using scarcity, trying to get at least some return on the investment of making a new bot.
- Neil

Yep, scared tactics are often use to boost up the sales. Especially when they're desperate and it's normally will worked........
But threeA's been pumping so many figures(most of them are repaint) that lots of ppl kinda have enough of them.
Especially when they're tired of waiting. The hype is gone........what's left is just bitterness.
The last LTD they put up didn't went to well, it took ages for them to gone....or they took off from the list?
I'm sure this will do so much better, but then again it might just bunch of ppl trying to make some money from this LTD Premade thingy.
avatar
Kedao
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by dtrain on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:42 am

UP!
avatar
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Posts : 344
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by dtrain on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:49 am

I pm'd some people in this thread that expressed interest, hope it helps.

https://www.bambalandstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=0000000000000rmb&CartID=1



.


Last edited by dtrain on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Posts : 344
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Mr. Rictus on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:22 am

I guess it's gone?

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 160
Join date : 2015-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Grish on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:06 am

Dang missed it! Was at work. Hopefully more go up.
avatar
Grish
Tomorrow King

Posts : 394
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by gundamben831 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:02 pm

dtrain wrote:I pm'd some people in this thread that expressed interest, hope it helps.

https://www.bambalandstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=0000000000000rmb&CartID=1



.

I got your message but checked too late, and sadly I am shy $25 so no birdcage for me =( hopefully I can get it down the line at a not too inflated price
avatar
gundamben831
Tomorrow King

Posts : 475
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 34
Location : Santa Cruz, California

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by zzzzz on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:34 pm

It was 3:42AM for me, when it went on sale... Never had a chance...
avatar
zzzzz
Oyabun

Posts : 541
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 47
Location : Finland

https://instagram.com/cinco_zeta

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by chiowhon on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:55 pm

I guess many of us miss it. Well just take it as saving funds for other dropsĀ Smile

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Posts : 476
Join date : 2015-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by gar on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Haven't seen it either.

Not that nobody tried to wake me up from the comatose state I was in 7 hours ago.
(Thanks dutchbot and dtrain)

_________________
alles sal reg kom
avatar
gar
Admin

Posts : 1606
Join date : 2015-02-20
Location : de tering lage landen

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Plastic Robo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Never stood a chance at getting one of these. Being saving for it and had the funds available. Was hoping to get one to go with my Caesar 1.5 from the Superset. Damn. I wish Ash or somebody at ThreeA would seriously understand how all of this 'zero information' on certain releases like this Birdcage really upsets and turns fans away from collecting ThreeA figures. I collect/support a lot of lines like WWR, AK, TK/TQ's, and other lines like Halo, Transformers, and 3AGO (just check the link to my collection). A friend or two tells me I collect too much; I disagree! But then drops handled the way this one was just makes me wonder 'why bother with ThreeA?'. They make some fantastic figures on one hand but pull stupid sales stunts like this one on the other hand. And it's a regular thing. Why?? Why do this to the supporters and fans who love ThreeA?? Because it's Ash's company and he will do as he likes?? I think something has finally broken in me this morning after finding out I missed this drop, I seriously do. Sounds stupid because at the end of the day it is just a toy. But a toy I should have been allowed to have a chance at buying.
avatar
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 219
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Albino on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:27 pm

we can hope for recycle? I read on FB sb ordered 3 by mistake
avatar
Albino
Oyabun

Posts : 770
Join date : 2015-03-02
Age : 34
Location : Russia \ Moscow

http://www.artandtoys.ru

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by papamadoo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:25 pm

Albino wrote:we can hope for recycle? I read on FB sb ordered 3 by mistake

You can hope for a european drop for recly, but like death mask a window of 30sec is kind of insulting low :p
avatar
papamadoo
Oyabun

Posts : 626
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by thumbtack82 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm also frustrated by surprise sales like this release. Aren't 3AA members supposed to get first crack at pre-made limited drops like this one? At least, that's what it says on Bamba's description of the 2015 membership. Maybe in the future 3A could send out an email with 24 hours notice before a sales begins to all 3AA members. Just a suggestion, but it's very irritating to keep checking Bambaland regularly after an announcement of an upcoming sale only to find out I missed it by 2 hours.
avatar
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Posts : 278
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 35
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Skipper11x on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Being 3aa means you have the privilege of giving 3a your money nothing else but hang in there because in a few months they'll be like politicians at election time promising everything, more 3aa versions, 3aa getting first shots at premades, quicker turnarounds, better communication etc. but then nothing, 3a business as usual.
avatar
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Posts : 838
Join date : 2015-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Plastic Robo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Skipper11x wrote:Being 3aa means you have the privilege of giving 3a your money nothing else but hang in there because in a few months they'll be like politicians at election time promising everything, more 3aa versions, 3aa getting first shots at premades, quicker turnarounds, better communication etc. but then nothing, 3a business as usual.

Remarkably restrained by your standards Skipper!
avatar
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 219
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Skipper11x on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:49 pm

I was inspired by your uncharacteristic rant.
Tally Ho my good chap! Mad
avatar
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Posts : 838
Join date : 2015-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by BPP on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Skipper11x wrote:Being 3aa means you have the privilege of giving 3a your money nothing else but hang in there because in a few months they'll be like politicians at election time promising everything, more 3aa versions, 3aa getting first shots at premades, quicker turnarounds, better communication etc. but then nothing, 3a business as usual.

Awe cummmon.... This year we got TWO tshirts!

BPP
Tomorrow King

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Plastic Robo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:58 pm

BPP wrote:
Skipper11x wrote:Being 3aa means you have the privilege of giving 3a your money nothing else but hang in there because in a few months they'll be like politicians at election time promising everything, more 3aa versions, 3aa getting first shots at premades, quicker turnarounds, better communication etc. but then nothing, 3a business as usual.

Awe cummmon.... This year we got TWO tshirts!

Rather we all had a chance at getting our hands at this version of the Birdcage than get two t-shirts.
avatar
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 219
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Plastic Robo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:32 pm

Damn. I have been thinking about this for the last 8-9 hours since I found out these figures came and went without any warning. And to be honest I think enough is enough. It was a shite move to pull on people that support ThreeA and wanted this figure for their collection. Basicly im very pissed at ThreeA, or more importantly the (stupid) person or persons who decided to handle this sale (and indeed many more) they way they did. Im a fully paid 3AA member and have been for the last 4 years, while supporting ThreeA since the sale of their 1/6 Large Martins all those years ago. So as a paid 3AA member I expect to be treated better than the way I have been treated. Screw the discount, I want the cool figures and models, regardless of discount or not. NO OTHER COMPANY would treat their supporters and fans this way. Im sick of it. As I said earlier today something broke in me and it can't be fixed. Im actually looking at my pre-orders and wondering what the hell am I doing supporting a company that, as far as I can now see, play stupid games with their figure drops. It's fucking ridiculous and completely unfair to buyers. So to those fools at ThreeA who decided these things...... you are fucking morons. You have lost a major supporter today, because you play stupid games with your fans. I have jumped through your hoops before, but no more. I know it's nothing to do with anybody on these forums, all I have is complete respect for those who work hard on here; ye do a great job and I know it's thankless. It's a pity those who make the big decisions at ThreeA (be it Ash or whoever) don't take their head out of their arse and give the fans the respect they deserve. END OF RANT.
avatar
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 219
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:48 am

Plastic Robo, 3A is your heritage - it's part of who you are.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mule Rev 3 [Birdcage]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum