Has three a hit critical mass

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Has three a hit critical mass

Post by miracle bubbles on Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:31 am

Threea still has 3 months to hit their dirty Bertie deadline. Get ready for 3 three packs of berties.... Smile
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:10 am

Nonvention, frowns on our foreheads.
carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:17 am

My mind was wandering at work today. I began thinking about 3A and the qc of this year. It reminded me of a Christmas movie. I forget which one; they all seem to blend together in my mind. It was one where they go into high production of toys and the toys seem to suffer of quality and start to break down. Anyone remember that movie?
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by vincejustvince on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 am

Chivo wrote:My mind was wandering at work today.  I began thinking about 3A and the qc of this year.  It reminded me of a Christmas movie.  I forget which one; they all seem to blend together in my mind.  It was one where they go into high production of toys and the toys seem to suffer of quality and start to break down.  Anyone remember that movie?
Sorry, I don't watch movies. I watch films. The latest releases from this year by 3A have been the best ever. No

vincejustvince
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar Wolfram on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:03 am

Chivo wrote:My mind was wandering at work today.  I began thinking about 3A and the qc of this year.  It reminded me of a Christmas movie.  I forget which one; they all seem to blend together in my mind.  It was one where they go into high production of toys and the toys seem to suffer of quality and start to break down.  Anyone remember that movie?

Sounds like it could be Santa Claus: The Movie from 1985. Dudley Moore plays an elf that takes over Santa's workshop and begins using a machine he created to make the toys, unbeknownst to him the toys are shoddy and begin falling apart.
Dar Wolfram
Tomorrow King

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t30-list-your-collection-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:13 am

I think you might be right Dar. I'll have to watch it again sometime to be sure though. Thanks.
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Matrix on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:27 pm

just thought about 3a having countless exclusives. especially at this recent event going on.
3a does reward those who helped them get bigger, but those around them where the company started. without those supporters 3a wouldn't be where they are and outsiders like me wouldn't have known them.
3aa is nothing more than a discount not some privilege or right to be owed something like some have mentioned. We can only buy what we like from Bamba and that's it.

it's the way it is and no matter if everyone here leaves 3a still gets its support from its locals.
Matrix
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by dedguy on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Well there were promised made about more 3AA exclusives. I don't think it's out of hand to be upset there weren't. I believe it's been a promise made over multiple years too and it's never come true.

dedguy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:32 am

Promises, promises.  I think we must all realize by now that these promises need to be taken with a grain of salt.  Things change.  That's reality.  We need to put our mindset on reality and not our personal expectations of what a company should do based on what they say they will do.  Otherwise, we'll be constantly disappointed.  All I'm trying to say, is be flexible with your mindset if you plan to continue collecting with 3A.  Be water my friend.  If you pour water into a cup, it becomes the cup, etc., etc. Razz
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by dedguy on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:50 am

Yeah if you've been following this company for years and are aware of the way they make a lot of false promises, sure. Not everyone is that person and I'm sure there's at least some people who even just joined this year and part of what they were sold was "access to 3AA exclusives" and if there really aren't any I don't see why they should be told they can't complain about it.

I should note having stopped subbing to 3AA as of this year I haven't been paying attention to releases so I have no idea if many or even any 3AA exclusives have been made this year.

I'm just not a believer in the whole "no one owes you anything" mindset. Yeah sure, in this situation I posited, ThreeA doesn't legally owe the customer access to 3AA Exclusives but that doesn't mean the customer can't be upset that their expectations (based on the description of the product) for what they paid for are not met.

dedguy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:05 am

I haven't been buying as much this year but I do know based on my buying history that at least one 3AA exclusive and Klub figures were sold so technically 3A has fulfilled its promise.
But I get the gist of what you're saying/what you've been saying, ded.  You want 3A to care more about the customer.  If they say something, say it like they mean it and make sure it gets accomplished.  No half assing. Make a promise, keep it, etc., etc.

And I'm personally not saying no one can't or shouldn't complain.  Complain all the hell you want if it floats your boat.  I however am of a mindset of trying to enjoy my collecting hobby for as long as it lasts. If I have any issues with my toys, I'll contact CS and try and sort it out.  If I have any issues with 3A and how it runs as a company, well I don't think that is an obstacle I can effectively tackle or help change by complaining on this forum.  For that matter I don't think even the Legion complaining constantly will long term help 3A change.  That really has to come from within 3A and the actual members/employees running and working the company.  

But I get what most folks who have been "complaining" feel or are trying to get 3A to do.  We all want 3A to change, improve their production quality, have better buying/selling strategies/opportunities/options, etc. Make the 3A experience more customer friendly, ease of access. Put more soul into their company. Care.  I just don't know how much power/voice this forum or other social media avenues have to get 3A to listen.   So I try not to get myself all bundled in a tizzy even if 3A may at times do things that I don't agree with. But to each their own.
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by fink on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:27 am

i agree with crem, thats how i feels. i hardly come in here anymore as my support is flagging. too much of the negative stuff and not enough positive to make me be the fanboy i once was
fink
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravemaker on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:37 pm

I really miss the old forum I feel like letting it die was one of the things that killed my enthusiasm for 3A this year.
I still don't really get that move but perhaps its just me. I miss secret drops and f5ing but I guess thing have just changed.
Just my two cents take it with a grain of salt just like I take 3A shipping dates.
Gravemaker
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:40 am

Eh, I'll admit that ThreeA hasn't been interesting me with many of their current lines/licenses. There's nothing wrong with them, just not my taste. Maybe we should consider that 3A's current operations are simply a temporary symptom of reaching out and exploring new ideas and markets. If people can get bored with TKs and Zombs then surely they'll do the same with Paschas and other lines; thus we enter into something new - for better or worse...
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:10 am

Hello ThreeA.
What was the point of that September shipping update? You know we can tell when you're lying, right? You do know that no one was fooled? I mean, off the bat, no one was fooled. And if anyone was fooled, surely you realize that when barely anything shipped those people who had previously been fooled would no longer be fooled, right?

I just want to make sure you're not all thinking you got away with it, high fiving each other saying "yeah! We did it, we got away with it! They haven't even got a clue".

Because you didn't get away with it. We all know.

I just don't understand the obvious lying. At this point (actually, as of 3 years ago) it's not just unbridled optimism and misplaced self confidence. It's misinformation. And it's disrespectful. There are a couple of mods on here who are honest and helpful but I get the feeling that ThreeA as a whole thinks i'm an idiot. That none of it's customers have any concept of time or consumer rights. That we're all just sitting there in our Scrooge McDuck vaults, no clocks or calenders on the walls, loving fixing our toys.

At this point I'd prefer an honest "Oooh guys, we done fucked up. Everything's gonna be so late!" to a "Don't even worry about it guys. Everything will happen faster than history would suggest it ever could. Everything will be shipped this month, all preorders only ever take three months. Don't even worry!".

Just be cool ThreeA, be cool.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:26 am

Order cat bug tonight for early 2019 delivery!

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am

I feel like the fact we've gone five pages here without any concerns or issues addressed by mods whatsoever is pretty telling.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dedguy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 am

I'm fairly certain if this was the old forum this thread would have been killed pretty quickly. Didn't cotton to no criticism on them boards.

dedguy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:25 am

Here's the thing. At the time of those updates, that is the factual information being sent from the factory to HK to me to post on the blog or put in the newsletter/social media/etc. It is sent in a list with "x item shipping x date" and compiled into early/mid/late month.

Nobody is sitting around the office thinking "how can we piss them off more today!" No we don't think people are idiots, no we're not high fiving each other, no we are not purposefully attempting to deceive and further embitter customers. The delays piss us all off. We're not trying to "get away with it." Why would we? That's insane. Delays lose customers. Delays cause refunds. Delays cost money. We're grateful to the people that stick it out and continue to support.

As the messenger the options are post the information given or wait until something has actually shipped. Which is how it used to be for years, which meant potentially months and months of zero information being listed or addressed and daily requests for shipping updates without any info to give or idea where something is in the queue. At least with the current lists you know they are in the queue.

Why is x delayed? Any number of reasons. Ash to has to design it or redesign it. The engineers have to tool it. Something goes wrong and it has to be re-engineered, tailors have run out of a specific fabric, factory needs a specific resin for a particular item and have to order more, materials are delayed, decals are the wrong size, missing decal, complexity of design, or volume of orders, Chinese New Year, etc etc. Any number of things, even the tiniest of corrections adds up.  

In regards to the mods response thing - Gar is not privy to any more information than everybody else on here. He's not employed or paid by 3A. He's moderating the boards because he likes the toys and wants the boards to continue. I'm not sure what sort of response you want from him. I think allowing the thread to continue to exist for people to address concerns or rants without saying "naw gonna shut this down" is more telling than him not commenting. As for the actual 3A staff on here, we can read what people are saying and report back critical concerns, but we can only share information we're permitted to share. There are contracts and NDA's we have to abide by.
gregory
3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:02 am

Dominos pizza( I hate using the word pizza to describe their offerings) has a pizza tracker on its website that starts as soon as your pizza has been ordered and it updates thru the prep process,cooking and delivery...they must do this with millions upon millions of orders per week. I know 3A is no Dominos but what about a product tracker of sorts...people understand' delays in fabrics has hampered pant production-likely two weeks added to production process for Lonely Star TKs'... Instead we are given very little info which again leads to speculation that leads to uglier and uglier reactions and responses.
For instance- COWBOT. He is now over a year since his drop, we saw a teaser image a few months back and that's about it...how is that supposed to make us who bought one feel? Are we supposed to just sit here free of expectation and information and just twiddle our thumbs until it magically shows up? The toys you sell aren't cheap, so expect people to wonder where the fuck their money is or went...if I loan a friend a 100 and he says he's gonna pay me next week, I loan him the cash and hope to hear from him in a week...two weeks go by, I take note that my buddy hasn't paid me back( question loaning him $in the future).when my buddy has not been seen in a year, has left an incomplete text or two( asking for time/more money)but not much more- it's time to reevaluate the friendship- maybe cut my losses at 100 and just be glad it was only 100 dollars...
I basically don't really go for that shit in my life,I don't know why a toy company feels it can handle their customers in such a half assed/keep em in the dark fashion...how about treating us like adults who are spending our hard earned dollars on your products and share a little more info with us- even if it's not always what we are hoping to hear...maybe then we might get a hot pizza every now and then...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:05 am

gregory wrote:Here's the thing. At the time of those updates, that is the factual information being sent from the factory to HK to me to post on the blog or put in the newsletter/social media/etc. It is sent in a list with "x item shipping x date" and compiled into early/mid/late month.

Nobody is sitting around the office thinking "how can we piss them off more today!" No we don't think people are idiots, no we're not high fiving each other, no we are not purposefully attempting to deceive and further embitter customers. The delays piss us all off. We're not trying to "get away with it." Why would we? That's insane. Delays lose customers. Delays cause refunds. Delays cost money. We're grateful to the people that stick it out and continue to support.

As the messenger the options are post the information given or wait until something has actually shipped. Which is how it used to be for years, which meant potentially months and months of zero information being listed or addressed and daily requests for shipping updates without any info to give or idea where something is in the queue. At least with the current lists you know they are in the queue.

Why is x delayed? Any number of reasons. Ash to has to design it or redesign it. The engineers have to tool it. Something goes wrong and it has to be re-engineered, tailors have run out of a specific fabric, factory needs a specific resin for a particular item and have to order more, materials are delayed, decals are the wrong size, missing decal, complexity of design, or volume of orders, Chinese New Year, etc etc. Any number of things, even the tiniest of corrections adds up.  

In regards to the mods response thing - Gar is not privy to any more information than everybody else on here. He's not employed or paid by 3A. He's moderating the boards because he likes the toys and wants the boards to continue. I'm not sure what sort of response you want from him. I think allowing the thread to continue to exist for people to address concerns or rants without saying "naw gonna shut this down" is more telling than him not commenting. As for the actual 3A staff on here, we can read what people are saying and report back critical concerns, but we can only share information we're permitted to share. There are contracts and NDA's we have to abide by.

thank you gregory for the head up your input is always appreciated Smile.
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:17 am

Thanks Gregory - it's nice to get some input from the other side of this. I know this place only amounts to a small echo-chamber compared to the total buying base but it's nice to be acknowledged, and I hope our concerns can be passed up the chain in some form.

It's been a rough year as a 3A fan. It's felt like all the focus was on looking after people going to shows at the expense the people who paid upfront up to 12 months ago because they saw a drawing on Bambaland. We've not seen a single new AK figure aside from panda Shadow (and even that is arguable). I've got two figures on my order page that have hit the one year mark, one of which is a Pascha, while more than two dozen other Paschas have been produced for people to get in hand in some form, either retail, shipped or at shows.

On the blog Ash says "ONWARDS TO v2". Let's hope v2 is the version of 3A that gets production of paid preorders under control and ships on time.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:18 am

I understand what you're saying, and I was gonna use the pizza tracker as an example of something that is entirely not possible.

That's the risk taken with preorders from any company. 3A, Hot Toys, Sideshow, Takara, any of the HK designer toy companies. Very few are on message boards or interacting outside of the occasional website/facebook post or instagram post after sales. Usually the only communication is to update retailers for the retailers to say "your order has been delayed til x." For example look at the Hulkbuster Armor. That'll realistically take a year, maybe more to be put out and that's an almost $1000 figure. Are they gonna update much until then? Probably not. Are they gonna continue selling more expensive figures for PO every month until then? Yep.

Would 3A benefit from more padded shipping estimates? Absolutely. Nobody's arguing with that. We acknowledge things are delayed almost every shipping update and try to be specific when we can. Will padding more months to PO's happen with new/current sales? Yes, at least until the factory catches up. The one thing 3A can say is 3A has never not delivered.
gregory
3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:29 am

x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedao on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:35 pm

I thought we all know that everything got delayed so they could make more money on premades Japan Venture?
They manage to pump up so many exclusive without any delays....perfect for Japan Venture.
And for the PREORDERs.....pffff.....don't worry about it. Just put everything on the next shipping updates.

One of the reasons why I decided to renew my membership was cos Ash promised us 3A will ship their items more quickly,
but man.....I don't know how someone could lied to us so lightly. I do understand if ash wanna change 1 or 2 boxarts or the figures, but almost every single figures??? that's just bullshit. And somehow 3A manage to put up so many Premades on Japan Venture without any hassle. That is just slap on the face. How could you expect ppl to believe in the company anymore?

I hate hearing all these overuse excuses over and over.
Retool the figure so it would come out perfect.....yeah right.
We can't even get a plastic protection on the face so it wont chipped.
Kedao
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top