Little Shadow

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Little Shadow

Post by YFH on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:06 am

Cthulhu wrote:Was stoked to get this figure... not so stoked now. very weaksauce design for the wrist pegs, not sure what the design team was thinking there... far too thin a peg... time to contact cs... joy...

Thing is I can't even think of a way to mod it so it ain't so weak.  Like,  the forearm is way too thin to dremel out and jury-rig a better joint. I'm glad I'm not the only one, but also I wish I WAS the only one with this problem.

YFH
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 am

Urk. I'm feeling quite apprehensive about receiving my Shadow's now :/ Only recieved tracking for my Panda, nothing for my normal V2 (unless they're strapped together for shipping and CS didn't bother telling me that), but Panda at least should arrive in the next day or two. Hopefully with wrists intact...
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miracle bubbles on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:09 am

Ugh. Was psyched when I checked tracking and it is on its way from SF. Now I'm a bit worried.
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:20 am

More grenades!
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:41 am

Got my Panda and regular today as well. They look great. Both intact, thank God. But I do fear breaking the wrists at some point 'cause upon inspection they do look extremely thin. And the weathering isn't helping. Though it does make the joints tighter, it's not good for the wrist as I see potential breakage among folks who aren't careful. I suggest heat the hand to soften it if you're going to replace it with the fist. The panda is much more fun to "play" with at this smaller size than the male counterpart.
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:56 am

I suspected that built up weathering might've been effectively paint-locking the wrist joints. Good tip Chivo. I'll have a go at warming the hands and cleaning the pegs a little assuming mine arrive intact.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:16 am

Well just got shadow mode little shadow and hand peg broke in the bock upon arrival. CS in contact. Why does issobelle porscha have hing wrists and they went to this?
3a_boltman
Tomorrow King

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:19 am

Even figma can manage ball-type swivel wristpegs for their figures these days, and those things are rock solid even though they're about 3 microns wide. This is definitely a bad design choice.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:33 pm

So I emailed cs, but I went ahead and fixed it myself. Basically drilled out a little hole in the wrist where the peg was attached with a flat head optical screw driver. Not too deep though. Pulled out the peg from the hand. Glued the peg into the hole I made in the wrist. Peg is a little shorter now since it sits inside the wrist, but I still get a full range of motion on the hand.
Cthulhu
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by YFH on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:39 pm

IronChap wrote:Even figma can manage ball-type swivel wristpegs for their figures these days, and those things are rock solid even though they're about 3 microns wide. This is definitely a bad design choice.
I think it works for figma because it's a bit sturdier, not paint locked, and the hand on a whole is much lighter.

Cthulhu wrote:So I emailed cs, but I went ahead and fixed it myself. Basically drilled out a little hole in the wrist where the peg was attached with a flat head optical screw driver. Not too deep though. Pulled out the peg from the hand. Glued the peg into the hole I made in the wrist. Peg is a little shorter now since it sits inside the wrist, but I still get a full range of motion on the hand.

Got any pics of it? I can't figure how to make it work because the arm seems way too damn small for it. Was thinking maybe replacing the joint witha metal one that's similar.

YFH
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Could this happen with Girl RC too? She's my favourite Yo. And she falls off the shelf all the time. I better be more careful...
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by SzuTsung on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:47 pm

basically all 10inch body are same.
I broke my rc's peg last year... took 2 months get the repair parts.
SzuTsung
Yesterday Kid

http://ein113.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Just taking a closer look. Oh I better take more care with her.
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:53 pm

YFH wrote:
IronChap wrote:Even figma can manage ball-type swivel wristpegs for their figures these days, and those things are rock solid even though they're about 3 microns wide. This is definitely a bad design choice.
I think it works for figma because it's a bit sturdier,  not paint locked,  and the hand on a whole is much lighter.

If 3A can manage proper wrist pegs for their 1/12 male figures they can manage proper pegs for these 10" female bodies. The weight difference between a 10" shadow hand and and a 6" TK glove would be insignificant.
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedao on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 pm

So On the Run LITTLE Shadow didn't came with a jacket like they promised????
Kedao
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:19 pm

Shadow Mode Shadow arrived today. Figure has zero weathering and a grey body, not black. Wrists intact but sucks it's not a ball joint wrist.
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by YFH on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:20 pm

IronChap wrote:
YFH wrote:
I think it works for figma because it's a bit sturdier,  not paint locked,  and the hand on a whole is much lighter.

If 3A can manage proper wrist pegs for their 1/12 male figures they can manage proper pegs for these 10" female bodies. The weight difference between a 10" shadow hand and and a 6" TK glove would be insignificant.

Yeah, that's the thing, the 1/12th wrist pegs are fine. So I don't understand why these are way more thin than those. The other problem with em is that they seem to be paint locked/melted in to the forearm by the weathering. The other part about it is, the pin inside a figma hand is only SLIGHTLY thinner than this one and it's usually a figure that's half the size.

So the way to fix this, I'd say would be to re-design the arms to be thicker so the peg wouldn't be as brittle, or to make the wrist piece out of some sturdy metal piece. However even if that were to be the case, I'd say shipping the figures without the hands on the wrist pegs, or with the wrist pegs even assembled is a must.

I don't think the rest of the figure is honestly that bad, It's really nice and quite posable. But I wish it was a half inch to an inch bigger and the whole wrist thing wasn't so bad.

YFH
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:28 pm

Kedao wrote:So On the Run LITTLE Shadow didn't came with a jacket like they promised????

Just got the 2P and no jacket, seems this issues has largely being ignored here and on FB even there is a screen grab on the intel.
CS isn't acknowledging this either...
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:32 pm

YFH wrote:Got any pics of it?  I can't figure how to make it work because the arm seems way too damn small for it.  Was thinking maybe replacing the joint witha  metal one that's similar.

not the greatest pic
Cthulhu
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by LV-426 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:04 am

I see they went with a black shirt with a design rather than the plain, grungy white . . . Oh well.

Obviously the issue is with the wrist pegs, but I was braced for this when someone posted the same trouble with Bo. It was bound to plague Little Shadow too . . .
LV-426
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:32 am

Damn red panda shadow looks so small next to the other panda's, too many issues outweigh the good design of the figure =( really wanted to try and get one on the secondary but there has just been too many problems to want one to have to potentially fix =\
gundamben831
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:01 am

Mine showed up today in Seattle. Everything's intact, no wrist problems

For those that do, please let CS know

3A Staff
3A Staff

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:48 am

Still waiting in Aus *twiddles thumbs* Shipping to here used to be so fast, too Sad
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by noveltycross on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:25 am

shadow variant little shadow received yesterday. broken wrists and broken heal on her shoes.
noveltycross
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse9090 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 am

Nice . . .

. . . one broken wrist already (repaired).
Mouse9090
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top