World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3A of the year

+14
Chivo
gar
ESeffinga
Mouse9090
Reks36
geisT
Argentix
Joshimus
x43x
Skipper11x
miracle bubbles
gundamben831
IronChap
koonfasa
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3A of the year - Page 2 Empty Re: 3A of the year

Post by gar Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:05 pm

Vaxillus wrote:P.S.: seems like orange and white are the official 3A big bot colors.  We've seen this with the TK Hunters, Totem Thugs, WBR series, and even the Civic Defense WWR colorways.  I sort of wonder how this came about.

To be honest. I really like the Civic Defence commander Bertie MK2 and Dropcloth 1.5, can't say anything about Birdcage since I don't have that one in hand.
(However I think Civic Defence Dropcloth looks even better as Guard.)

Orange and white on it self are pretty common colours in the threeA pallet though.
But I think the combination started with this guy.
In April 2012
3A of the year - Page 2 V1sps 3A of the year - Page 2 Paris

All that said, I blame the Sand Trooper Commander in a New Hope.

Admin

Back to top Go down

3A of the year - Page 2 Empty Re: 3A of the year

Post by Vaxillus Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:30 pm

gar wrote:
Vaxillus wrote:P.S.: seems like orange and white are the official 3A big bot colors.  We've seen this with the TK Hunters, Totem Thugs, WBR series, and even the Civic Defense WWR colorways.  I sort of wonder how this came about.

To be honest. I really like the Civic Defence commander Bertie MK2 and Dropcloth 1.5, can't say anything about Birdcage since I don't have that one in hand.
(However I think Civic Defence Dropcloth looks even better as Guard.)

Orange and white on it self are pretty common colours in the threeA pallet though.
But I think the combination started with this guy.
In April 2012

All that said, I blame the Sand Trooper Commander in a New Hope.
I didn't mean it as a criticism, just an observation. I'm a big fan of orange, so it's right up my alley. Civic Defense was too clean for my liking, WWR always had that filthy WWII feel which is what drew me in. It looks like the final production received a bit more grime though, and I might have picked one up if I'd known this. I love the intense colors contrasted with rust and paint chipping, it really nails the look home.
Vaxillus
Vaxillus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2