Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by thumbtack82 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:20 pm

I don't have any 1/12 figures, but I think I'll need a few APTK to battle Vali. I plan on getting Cornelius, and might end up getting the retail UKTK too as I really like that vibrant blue shirt. Dead Astro looks amazing but I already have the larger version and I need limit myself, other things I want to order later this month...  Smile
avatar
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 35
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by 3a_boltman on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:24 pm

I have 1/6th in most of these so passing. If I didn't I would totally be picking up several.
avatar
3a_boltman
Tomorrow King

Posts : 451
Join date : 2015-05-15
Location : Omaha, Nebraska

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Chivo on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:03 am

Yep, same here. If the mumbs comes up, I might get it, but if it goes to retail, I'll have to think about it. I guess this would be good for my wallet for future sixth scale purchases.
avatar
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : May the Power of Christ compel you!

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by thumbtack82 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:41 am

This might be a silly question, but does the AP Dead Astro have LEDs like the 1/6th version? With the figure being so much smaller I kind of doubt there's room for those.
avatar
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-03-26
Age : 35
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by 666ways2love on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:58 am

3a_boltman wrote:I have 1/6th in most of these so passing. If I didn't I would totally be picking up several.

same as well. But thinking of getting ghost horse/cowboy as a work desk buddy because I'm sure as hell not bringing the 1/6 into work. Stupid reason but thankfully a few days to mull it over
avatar
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by COBALT on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Has there been any official word on how/if the alternate colour variants for some of these will be made available?
(In particular, all the of the mumbs / DAG white & black / dark blind cowboy etc)

COBALT
Kitty Litter

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Knightjar on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:19 pm

Was really hoping Mumbs in various colours would be on Bamba. Would have bought a few. Retail will cost a fortune here in the UK.
avatar
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-02

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Chivo on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:25 am

Yep, it would have been nice. I'm thinking it's just the orange one at retail for now.
avatar
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : May the Power of Christ compel you!

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by PiggyV01 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:42 am

I hope it's not a case of seeing how these do in terms of sales before releasing the other colours of DAG and the Mumbs...I think the traditional astronaut/mummy whites or black versions would sell better. I'd stretch to $80 for a white DAG, can't do it for orange.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Posts : 324
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Chivo on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:39 am

I don't know.  If people don't support these products with purchases, why would they continue to make them?  That's part of the reason why I'm not that much into AP is because it brings in the cheaper buyer which doesn't help support the business as much as the sixth scale buyers I would think, yet it takes as much work to produce these smaller cheaper figures. Why do you think 3A is going to retail for some of their sales? It's probably because they are guaranteed a certain amount of sales through the retailers. I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I'm just putting these ideas out there.
avatar
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : May the Power of Christ compel you!

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by counterfeit on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:57 pm

COBALT wrote:Has there been any official word on how/if the alternate colour variants for some of these will be made available?
(In particular, all the of the mumbs / DAG white & black / dark blind cowboy etc)
if we see the history of wave 1, I would say others variant won't available.

you see in wave 1, merde & cold merde are there, but no shadow., and finally shadow appears in wave 2.
avatar
counterfeit
Tomorrow King

Posts : 474
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : Terran

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by PiggyV01 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Chivo wrote:I don't know.  If people don't support these products with purchases, why would they continue to make them?  That's part of the reason why I'm not that much into AP is because it brings in the cheaper buyer which doesn't help support the business as much as the sixth scale buyers I would think, yet it takes as much work to produce these smaller cheaper figures.  Why do you think  3A is going to retail for some of their sales?  It's probably because they are guaranteed a certain amount of sales through the retailers.   I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I'm just putting these ideas out there.


Yeah, that's why I think they should lead with, what I assume from chat here and elsewhere, the more popular colourways.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Posts : 324
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Hogarth on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Chivo wrote:I don't know.  If people don't support these products with purchases, why would they continue to make them?  That's part of the reason why I'm not that much into AP is because it brings in the cheaper buyer which doesn't help support the business as much as the sixth scale buyers I would think, yet it takes as much work to produce these smaller cheaper figures.  Why do you think  3A is going to retail for some of their sales?  It's probably because they are guaranteed a certain amount of sales through the retailers.   I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I'm just putting these ideas out there.

I disagree with what you say about the "cheaper buyer" not supporting the business.  I got into ThreeA via WWRp, because that's what I was - a cheaper buyer (although I prefer the term "less expensive").  I discovered ThreeA by accidentally stumbling across a picture of a 1/6 Large Martin.  I thought it was the coolest toy I had ever seen.  So I did a bit more research and was scared away when I found out how much they cost.  But then I found WWRp, which looked just as awesome, but cost considerably less.  My very first purchase was the WWRp Bramble six-pack off eBay.  Once I had them in-hand, I fell in love and bought more.  Eventually, I bought my first 1/6 figure and now I have almost as many in that scale.  1/12 scale is like the gateway drug of ThreeA.
avatar
Hogarth
Tomorrow King

Posts : 417
Join date : 2015-05-19
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Skipper11x on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Don't forget WWRp damaged Bertie. First they released it in Bromwich but I'm not a fan of pink colourways so I said I'd wait for some other colours (there were a lot of other people doing the same) but no others were released due to poor sales. So the same could easily happen here, DAG and mumbs being a good example.
avatar
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Posts : 827
Join date : 2015-03-09
Age : 45
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Chivo on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:44 am

You may be an exception Hogarth when it comes to 1/12 leading you into 1/6, but from the strict 1/12 collector the chatter that I read is that price is always an issue.  They buy only 1/12 'cause it's cheaper and they'll even complain when it's not cheap enough.  So yeah, I think 1/12th "waters down"  3A's profitability or at least 3A's collectible value in some degree.  I mean the 1/12th figure makes 3A more accessible to the general collector because it is cheaper and thus more folks can afford them. So not only will your 30 year old collector be buying 3A, but also your minimum wage 15 year old.   So 3A isn't as "special" as it used to be if everyone can own a piece of the pie.  I mean I think that is what partly has lead some of the original 3A collectors to leave or not buy into the membership any more.  'cause they don't feel any "special" connection to the figures that once seemed unobtainable and have now flooded the market with variants in various sizes even.  And because the markets are flooded it decreases the value of figures as well as 3A's value.  And by value I mean not only profit, but also consumer interest.  So yeah, the cheaper 1/12th figures really do hurt 3A because they take as much work to make as the 1/6th, yet are sold at the lesser price points and more can be made 'cause you're using less material.  So again because more are made you're watering down value.  (Again, I'm just yappin' to be yappin'.  I don't have any real data to back up what I'm sayin'.).
avatar
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Posts : 1871
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : May the Power of Christ compel you!

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by 666ways2love on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:33 pm

3A employees: Is the bamba Cowboy/Horse set going to be limited like the 1/6th set was? Or do you foresee the set staying in the store just as long as the other offerings however long that may be?
avatar
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by gimbat on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Latest from Ash's Insta:

avatar
gimbat
3A Staff
3A Staff

Posts : 2193
Join date : 2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Knightjar on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:42 pm

I came the same route as Hogarth. I was always a 1:12 collector. Bought the first WWRp bots and then got sucked into buying a couple of 1:6 while I waited for the next 1:12 to drop.
avatar
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

Posts : 121
Join date : 2015-03-02

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by counterfeit on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:24 pm

wait.. is that Architect TK 1/12 with small bertie pet?


edit:
I think it's just perspective... except if it's 1/24 or 1/35 mongrol beside him...
avatar
counterfeit
Tomorrow King

Posts : 474
Join date : 2015-03-02
Location : Terran

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by gregory on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:42 pm

That's a 1/6th Architect TK with a Bertie Pet

1/12th Mongrol in the background

AP Cowboy and Horse Set will be up for at least 24hours. Ash will decide if he'll want to keep it up longer or not.


_________________
Instagram
avatar
gregory
3A Staff
3A Staff

Posts : 1512
Join date : 2014-12-08
Location : Seattle

http://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by gimbat on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Update on Lasstranaut, she is going to be exclusive to Bamba

Edit: not 3AA exclusive, but Bambaland Exclusive (as per latest Production Blog Update).


Last edited by gimbat on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
gimbat
3A Staff
3A Staff

Posts : 2193
Join date : 2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by COBALT on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:06 pm

gregory / gimbat can we get an update either way on if the alternate colours will be available at any point in the future? (DAG / Mumbs / Cowboy specifically)

COBALT
Kitty Litter

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by gimbat on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Looks like they are continuing the trend of early releases and already up at Bambaland.

Blind Cowboy + Ghorst Horse you are mine!
avatar
gimbat
3A Staff
3A Staff

Posts : 2193
Join date : 2014-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Kiyoshi on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:07 pm

Chivo wrote:I don't know.  If people don't support these products with purchases, why would they continue to make them?  That's part of the reason why I'm not that much into AP is because it brings in the cheaper buyer which doesn't help support the business as much as the sixth scale buyers I would think, yet it takes as much work to produce these smaller cheaper figures.  Why do you think  3A is going to retail for some of their sales?  It's probably because they are guaranteed a certain amount of sales through the retailers.   I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I'm just putting these ideas out there.

I don't think it only attracts a cheaper buyer... I only collect AP and WWRP and have paid $$$ for figures... Even paid $1000 for a Dirty Deeds set. I know some like the space saving size of AP. I own a (pretty big) house but I like the action figure size always have.

I'm just happy they keep putting out these figures for fans and collectors to buy. Any Ash toy/art is fine by me. Cool

Kiyoshi
Kitty Litter

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Hogarth on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:07 am

I definitely agree about the space saving size of 1/12.  My entire collection of WWRp (which consists of approximately 75 pieces) fits nicely in a couple of bookshelves in my home office.  My 1/6 collection, on the other hand, has taken over my entire house due to their larger size.  And that doesn't even include the ones still in boxes, or tucked away in drawers.  They seem to require 3x the space for only being twice the size.  I intend to downsize my collection soon and most of what I'll be getting rid of will be 1/6 scale.  But I fully intend to keep the majority of my 1/12 scale because it all fits in a pretty small space.
avatar
Hogarth
Tomorrow King

Posts : 417
Join date : 2015-05-19
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Action Portable – Wave 2 – June 17th 2016 at Bambaland!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum