World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALBERTO v2

+36
3AFr
Abrader
Chivo
Cthulhu
<{OjO}>
dr37
deru_here
Reks36
666ways2love
papamadoo
Noir
Vaxillus
LV-426
Sideglide
Firehazzard
illproxy
Argentix
gregory
Wooly
SpiderPig
geisT
Mouse9090
gundamben831
UsedUniverse
soulburn
ESeffinga
Hogarth
wutasi
Albino
gimbat
chiowhon
Knightjar
gar
Oneluckyboy
Skipper11x
counterfeit
40 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ALBERTO v2 - Page 6 Empty Re: ALBERTO v2

Post by gregory Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:36 am

Sorry all, just got the word that Alberto has been nixed by HK because costs are too high and sales support for WWR has been low. Fucking bummer

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:47 am

Wow, total let down but I am not surprised as of lately. I think it would be neat for ThreeA/Ash to sell some of those show display pieces to maybe drive some of the production sales of future designs. Again fucking really sucks that this bot will not be released was really looking forward to one last awesome WWR release.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:50 am

Oh no - Sad

I did just get a NISB Warbot full load in today Smile

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:27 pm

No way!!!
I've been waiting for this guy for over a year.
I signed up to 3aa specifically for this guy.
I bought the tracky square in anticipation.
Total bummer, a real kick in the nuts!!!!
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm guessing that's the end of Deeds and any other Bertie's too. Crying or Very sad
Looks like it's just handbags and Barbie's from now on.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by dr37 Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Jeez! This was the one I’ve been waiting for. I was hoping for a 6pk... get my 2 fav numbers and then maybe sell of the rest or would’ve most likely kept the whole squad but yeah, fuckin blows.
Handbags, Barbies and dirty kidrobot vinyls.
dr37
dr37
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Would be nice to get a 2019 roadmap knowing what lines they are supporting in 2019. Tomorrow kings and Popbot?

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by 3AFr Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:24 pm

Sad news affraid , real stab in the back ... and yes stop selling that bullshit of handbags, and hear us .....pale pale
3AFr
3AFr
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Stab in the back how?

Once again, 3A has zero involvement with GOGOGO. The handbags sell and the bots don't..so I dunno what to tell you

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 pm

I can understand cancelling figures and lines that are still prototypes, but a few have the molds already. Crazy that costs are still too high. I would think doing limited releases would sell better, like an edition of 50 per colorway, similar to Fang Gal.
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:11 pm

I'm not sure about that x43x, limited surprise release sales almost ruined it for me. Digi cammo bots were out of my reach even though I had the money ready to go but I'm not prepared to get up at 2-3am to jump through hoops.
I'm still all in for WWR bots but it looks like ThreeA no longer has in interest in selling them.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 pm

Albertos are all new molds and tooling making the SRP on them absurdly high. Fangys are vinyl and fairly easy to reproduce

Costs for production and the factory minimums have changed pretty drastically since the initial release

Ash wants to make them happen and if there is a way to do it, he will. It's not his decision to cancel them

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:26 pm

gregory wrote:Sorry all, just got the word that Alberto has been nixed by HK because costs are too high and sales support for WWR has been low. Fucking bummer

As i said a year ago, 3A shot themself in the foot!

The low support was 3A own fault, because of the stupid idea of the "buying only with membership"...poor sales are only the result of this "genius decision"!

RIP WWR, but don`t blame the audience that are not allowed to buy what they see (Impuls buyers, supporters with funds at the drop time, or newbies) over the past year.

I`m sorry for all folks that wanted  Alberto, the cancelation MS Dark Parade Frau was (still is) very frustrating for me, so i know that dissapointment.

Anyway, Transformers and ltd.fashion accessories are the bright future....
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:34 pm

Im just upset now. Just as skipper said, I've been waiting since its reveal only to have it canned just hurts so much. I bet long neck Percy about to go out the door too, tho I hope he doesn't meet the same fate as poor ol DDv2 Alberto. Imma just go now.... ; __ ;

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by 3AFr Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:36 am

gregory wrote:Stab in the back how?

Once again, 3A has zero involvement with GOGOGO. The handbags sell and the bots don't..so I dunno what to tell you

Just my way of saying my disappointment and my feelings.
Do not see anything personal.
I am 3A since 2012, and I enjoyed sharing this beautiful time ... but I remain convinced that what made the fans, for wwr / popbot / ak, gone, is because of these ultra limited sales, or reserved for trade shows ... many are those who wanted these pretty toys, but who could not get them ... with this way of managing his business, 3A could not contain the disappointment ...
3AFr
3AFr
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Reks36 Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:19 am

Bummer. So the DD's will be the Furious Five?
Reks36
Reks36
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:10 am

Furious five it is! Sounds good.
And yeah I agree, all these limited con sales, surprise drops and super limited drops only put people off. Certainly did with me anyway, many times I had the cash and interest only to find out stuff as well as recycles only happened at 2-3am if you were prepared to f5 for hours. Now they complain of low sales? It is ThreeA themselves and their sales tactics.
Also the lies that they put out every year to entice people t 3aa.
I know the above looks angry but it's not aimed at anyone in particular. I'm still here, 7yr 3aa and still love ThreeA.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:54 am

feel sorry for gregory and the gang (still thinkin of gimbsy, no info aka silence, #hopeyoudowell#
don,T kill the messanger...you guys,n,gals were the best!
l#legion43vA#
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by beeto bot Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:39 am

3AFr wrote: ... but I remain convinced that what made the fans, for wwr / popbot / ak, gone, is because of these ultra limited sales, or reserved for trade shows ... many are those who wanted these pretty toys, but who could not get them ... with this way of managing his business, 3A could not contain the disappointment ...

Skipper11x wrote:Furious five it is! Sounds good.
And yeah I agree, all these limited con sales, surprise drops and super limited drops only put people off. Certainly did with me anyway, many times I had the cash and interest only to find out stuff as well as recycles only happened at 2-3am if you were prepared to f5 for hours. Now they complain of low sales? It is ThreeA themselves and their sales tactics.
Also the lies that they put out every year to entice people t 3aa.
I know the above looks angry but it's not aimed at anyone in particular. I'm still here, 7yr 3aa and still love ThreeA.

This is too bad. I was excited to get the Alberto. I just feel like ThreeA has lost its way big time now. I've kind of felt that way for awhile, but these recent events are sad. It feels like they are turning there backs on a big part of what made them in the first place. I agree with the sentiments above. Just the fact that 50 Albertos were produced says it all-- how does that make any business sense? Ultra limited sales, best of the best reserved for trade show exclusives, and practical abandonment of the early three lines... it all amounts to a very unfriendly business model. Last year they said they would get back to AK, WWR and Popbot and they never did. There have been lots of broken promises and I think it is all adding up now. I'm always rooting for ThreeA , I'm a big fan of AK, WWR and Popbot but I'm not hopeful.
I for one would love to see some more WWR grunts. Maybe even martian factions. Hopefully, one day the big 1/6 bots can return and be made with pride and gusto like they used to be.
beeto bot
beeto bot
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightjar Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:28 pm

If potential low sales are the worry, why not crowd fund it? Kickstarter and the like have successfully got similar products out there. ThreeA already has a prototype and marketing network so it would seem like they'd be ready to go.
Knightjar
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 3AFr Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Let's go back to Alberto ... Gregory informs us that HK decides not to make this version because the costs are too high .... but they do not even know how many pre-orders they would have had, since nothing has been proposed yet.
But tell us how much figure must be sold to consider a production?
After, fans will know what is left to do to save this range WWR...

((I personally took 2 Warbot to try to support this sale and I'm proud of it today afro ).
3AFr
3AFr
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Warbot is awesome, don't know how anyone could pass on that. Same with Bramble, although the price was higher but even so I can't wait for mine. Alberto has been teased/promised for over a year and now dropped at the last minute.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:43 pm

Aww, man... come on, seriously? Le sigh, really wanted this one in dirty deeds fashion... again, hugely disappointed just like with no G1 Megatron... is there any point to visiting this forum any longer?! Is Bramble going to be nixed too? Hard to support a company you love if they stop producing the products you enjoy... good grief...
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Coming soon from ThreeA Press:

"How to Start a Successful Business and Then Drive it Into the Ground in Less than Ten Years" by Ashley Wood.  Forward by Kim Fung Wong.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:03 am

I really wanted a regular Alberto release.
Would have loved to see a couple of colorways.

I always have been surprised by the really affordable toys threeA was able to release.
US$80 for the various Adventure Kartel releases. US$98 for the WWR Dropcloths.
The slew of WWRp robot releases, etc.
Last years WBR Warbot Full Load for only US$200 was an incredible surprise.
Sadly its sales sucked hard, I would have expected  it would sell at least 3 times as many.

Already in 2015 the number of Bambaland orders* declined to a number about half as high as the previous years.
In 2017 it was less than half that number and it decreased even further in 2018.
*Bambaland orders aren't actual sales. People have always preordered without minding paying.
(That explains the culls during surprise drops, etc.) So it is possible the actual decline in sales already started earlier.
Still Bambaland ordernumbers are an indication of the reduced interest in threeA toy releases.

So I don't know what let to the situation we are in now, where threeA has to cancel orders and terminate planned releases.
But I am sure one of the most significant reasons is the change in the way and where people spent their money.
Obviously less and less in designer toys.
Releasing premade show exclusives is maybe annoying but shouldn't have impacted sales considerable, it only adds to the over all hype.
Pretty sure threeA knows best how many sales they could expect. They have more than 10 years of sales data. With huge ups and obviously downs.
Simple fact: 1/6th WWR robots are historically pretty hard to sell.
Last year showed it was even harder. 3AA membership was surprisingly high, sadly these membership numbers didn't translate into sales as they obviously would have done in the past.
I doubt the numbers would have been significantly better if Ashleys IP wasn't 3AA exclusive.

For Alberto the expected numbers are such that in combination with the calculated costs,
it is simple impossible to sell.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next