World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALBERTO v2

+36
3AFr
Abrader
Chivo
Cthulhu
<{OjO}>
dr37
deru_here
Reks36
666ways2love
papamadoo
Noir
Vaxillus
LV-426
Sideglide
Firehazzard
illproxy
Argentix
gregory
Wooly
SpiderPig
geisT
Mouse9090
gundamben831
UsedUniverse
soulburn
ESeffinga
Hogarth
wutasi
Albino
gimbat
chiowhon
Knightjar
gar
Oneluckyboy
Skipper11x
counterfeit
40 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ALBERTO v2 - Page 2 Empty Re: ALBERTO v2

Post by SpiderPig Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:38 am

geisT wrote:
Skipper11x wrote:I've long suspected that Ash is really the Flipper King. Say there's a bot like this, only 50 available so everyone goes ape shit for one but then on Bamba only 20 are released (who would even notice in the scramble to get one) while secretly Ash has 30 that he will leak onto eBay every now and then making a HUGE profit. All the while denouncing flippers when in reality he is the biggest flipper of them all. Makes perfect sense, why else would he punishing the loyal legion if not for profit?

http://giphy.com/gifs/mind-blown-know-boom-XIOBXDH9lVTz2

lol!

ALBERTO v2 - Page 2 Giphy
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:35 am

I noticed the days these kind of surprises and limited releases were seen as fun and people got enthusiastic about new toy releases are over.

40% of the 25 comments were not about Alberto v2 at all.
Instead it was about what's wrong with limited edition sizes, with threeA in general, variants on these popular themes and support for it.
All in all, a lot less posts are actually positive about the 3A factory guard Alberto v2 figure itself.

So please try to keep this thread focussed on the toy.
In this case Alberto v2.

Have fun.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:08 am

ALBERTO looks good, but not enough to kill for,... yikes. I'm in the "don't care about the filthy fifty" camp because you know more will be coming. White with a number on the chest? Mmmmmkay......
I just love that this guy is 1/6(harder to tell since 3AGO was birthed) and that it looks like the proportions on the Bertie pistol were pumped up a bit over the Dirty Deeds' gun.
Also, looking like that chest hatch is going to open. I'm seeing all kinds of cool little bits on this bot. Really digging what ALBERTO versions we'll be seeing.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:25 am

Different less limited versions will be coming later on

This is just the surprise LTD sale to kick things off. No details as to when that will drop

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:32 am

This is 1/6th right? Isn't it the one from the old promo pic we determined was about ten inches or so?

I'm super stoked! I hope I can score one, but I really don't have the funds to pay flipper prices for something like this...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:46 am

It is 1/6th yes

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:13 am

I actually really like the simple white and black..I know most people will buy just because of the limited nature, but I hope to get one because i actually like it.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:56 pm

I might be can't score those LTD 50, but I believe Ash isn't making something with new sculpt/mold with significant cost, just to make 50 pcs only, that wasting money.

And saying colourway, plain white like this a bit boring for me, so if i can't score one, I won't dissapointed either, and waiting for another colourway, hopefully my fave, JEA.
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:16 pm

counterfeit wrote:I might be can't score those LTD 50, but I believe Ash isn't making something with new sculpt/mold with significant cost, just to make 50 pcs only, that wasting money.

And saying colourway, plain white like this a bit boring for me, so if i can't score one, I won't dissapointed either, and waiting for another colourway, hopefully my fave, JEA.

ThreeA doesn't make anything without repainting it at least once...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:59 pm

gar wrote:I noticed the days these kind of surprises and limited releases were seen as fun and people got enthusiastic about new toy releases are over.

40% of the 25 comments were not about Alberto v2 at all.
Instead it was about what's wrong with limited edition sizes, with threeA in general, variants on these popular themes and support for it.
All in all, a lot less posts are actually positive about the 3A factory guard Alberto v2 figure itself.

So please try to keep this thread focussed on the toy.
In this case Alberto v2.

Have fun.

ALBERTO v2 - Page 2 31056ab5764ad9c7b148977ed564a485_zpsnbknmnz8

I'm not trying to be sour on purpose but I have been waiting for this release for a while I loved the look of the figure so simple but perfect design for a bodyguard Bertie.  I was excited to see these selling soon but disappointed that is has such a limited release.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightjar Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:31 pm

It's a fun idea. Why knock it? Really wouldn't be any point with a four digit number on its chest so of course it's limited. Not everyone gets one. Not everyone wins the lottery. Just give it a try and have fun.
Knightjar
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:42 pm

I agree with gundamben and do not see any enthusiasm discussing about a figure that is difficult to obtain as it only leads to disappointment when it cannot be readily available. 

Yes I do agree that some feel  the fun of a lottery but as for me the fun is being able to get the figures I like and to play with it. So I Guess different people has different ways of looking at the whole limited release concept. Anyway all the best to anyone getting one. Cheers

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:03 am

the first new WWR bot in a long time, its limited to 50 of course there will be emo.
the settle down and wait for other colorways thing would help squash that emo if the same thing wasnt said in past and never happened. those that didnt want the new Dc's emgy or PD colorways were told that, same with those recent krab lab squas.

isnt that what a limited run is suppose to do? get the emo goin, ramp up demand?

some here see emo expressed via passionate collectors and take that as a opportunity to look down on all of them, that is sad.. IMO. maybe they are more passionate bout collecting than you are, maybe adding figures they desire to their collection means alot more to them than it does you.

do like and hope we see in other colorways. but not gonna bet on that.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Firehazzard Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:17 am

1/6 scale nice Smile I don't think its possible to add a short flexible rubber tube across the shoulder joint just to visually beef it up. If it was weathered with paint it would just flake off. (maybe a fabric cover or hollow plastic cover would)
Anyhoo looks good, cant wait to see the other color options
Firehazzard
Firehazzard
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:36 am

I am a very serious collector, never flip but I refuse to jump through hoops. I've been lucky enough to grab Tracky Custard & Foot cutter but missed out on so many over the years and that's why I refuse to hoop jump. I'm in Europe and most drops happen during the night but I'm still not bitter and am really a take it or leave it kind of guy, since I gave up on the emo I'm much happier. Don't get me wrong I'd absolutely love one of these and it would take pride of place but I'm pretty sure it won't happen so never mind.
What ever happened to the Deeds crew? We got to #4 then nothing.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by soulburn Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:35 am

gar wrote:I noticed the days these kind of surprises and limited releases were seen as fun and people got enthusiastic about new toy releases are over.

I think people found it fun when Ash had a strong presence on the boards, it had a more treasure hunt sort of feel, with him as the game master. Now that he's no longer participating much, the same moves are coming from a faceless group, and that makes the same techniques not fun for the audience.

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:26 am

Please people stay on topic.
In other words: Alberto v2

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:47 am

He looks really cool. Hope there is a DIY version so I can make him after I cannot get him.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by LV-426 Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:39 am

Alberto v2 looks like R2-D2 with big roided-up arms. And little skinny "prison build" legs. He is lonely, I think.   Sad

He uses his big-gun to shoot people but he won't use it on other robots because of robot loyalty. Darwin Rothchild
is his master.

If Darwin Rothchild ordered him to shoot a robot his circuitry would go crazy. Remember in that movie with the pig-worm where
R2-D2's head opened up and a lightsaber shot out of it and into the air? That's what would happen to Alberto except it wouldn't
be a lightsaber it would be his soul.

He is white because he lives on the moon and blends with all the craters there.
LV-426
LV-426
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 am

Vince....is that you?
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaxillus Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:15 am

Liking the new design. Just enough changes to make it feel like a redesign and not the same bot with different pieces. With this and the other Bertie mods dropping I'm not sure where I'll be able to find the space or the money though. At least the first release is an easy pass though. If it's that limited it's not worth bothering over.

I did want to add though, it's not really fair to ask people not to debate the release method when this is the first time this bot is available. I know Ash factors in things like limited releases into the way ThreeA presents their products. This hobby is about the experience of collecting in addition to the product itself, it should be expected people will express their opinion of the method of sale.
Vaxillus
Vaxillus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:16 pm

I prefer the new design over the earlier clean white. I REALLY want one, I have the cash, why do we have to do this dance just take my money and send him on. Also I agree we shud be able to discuss sales tactics since they are part of why people are on here. It's hard to talk about the likes/dislikes and get passionate about something knowing only 50 people are going to get one.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Noir Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Is it about making 50 or 50 kinds??
Noir
Noir
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaxillus Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:09 am

Noir wrote:Is it about making 50 or 50 kinds??
The sense I got is this first sale will be exactly 50 of them for sale, individually numbered.  We'll then get a proper release in a variety of colorways later.

I'm just hoping when the rest of the colorways drop they're decent. I was pretty bummed when the Dropcloth MK2 finally showed up again and it was the snorefest Civic Defense colorway. It did seem to look better in-hand, but would have bought one if it had been a colorway with more traditional WWR character, even if it wasn't one of the already established ones.
Vaxillus
Vaxillus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:38 pm

Yeah, Dropcloth Mk2 still needs to have a proper release with at least the main 3 factions (JEA, Sanddevil, Winter Defense) represented. Hopefully Alberto won't fall victim to the same poor decisions that basically doomed the DC mk2 to poor sales.

I think if ThreeA releases this bot in 3 to 5 of only the most popular colorways it could be a real hit. Considering it's been a while since we've had a new 1/6th design, and this bot isn't going to be a big $300 commitment like the Harolds were...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next