World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T.H.U.G.

+34
Plastic Robo
soulburn
BPP
chiowhon
counterfeit
regalia
Chivo
dtrain
dextercat69
Beats n Dahbi
IronChap
mijho
Jessiedart
ennui
7bones
DannyB
illproxy
gar
Beaumont
zzzzz
gregory
Oneluckyboy
miracle bubbles
UsedUniverse
noveltycross
ESeffinga
Grish
gimbat
geisT
wutasi
Knightjar
Albino
ianross
x43x
38 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

T.H.U.G.      - Page 5 Empty Re: T.H.U.G.

Post by wutasi Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:10 am

Awesome!
Didn't know this set is shipping out, glad it did though as the Chinese New Year is going to put hatchery into a halt for one month.
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by soulburn Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:45 pm

3A Evenfall Totem Thug Pugillo Shoot 1
62 Photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/soulburn3d/sets/72157664150535455

Added some custom dirt to bring the figure a little closer to the preproduction model.

Here's a few samples...

T.H.U.G.      - Page 5 24352983369_e7737ba439_b
IMG_15255 by Neil Blevins, on Flickr

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks Neil. I hope to track one of these down some day in the future. Great job on the dirt, I wish you would have done a before and after! Wink
DannyB
DannyB
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by soulburn Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:50 pm

Thanks Danny. I realized I should have taken a "before" about 5 minutes after I finished painting him. Ah well.

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:28 am

Is this figure worth getting? No weird qc errors or anything, right? This would be my only figure from 3A. I'll be getting it through Sideshow Collectibles, as they have a Flex Pay option. I can't really afford these 1/6 scale figures, but thankfully Sideshow Collectibles is a bit more accommodating than Bambaland. I guess I'll be relegated to retail figures only in my collection.

I came here originally for the Destiny figures, but my interest in that franchise has begun to wane. I guess I realized that like all modern video games, Destiny will eventually be completely forgotten and these figures along with it! These modern sci-fi shooters just don't have any lasting appeal, it's all marketing tactics.

I need to know if it is worth investing in the EVENFALL T.O.T.E.M THUG PUGILLO 1/6th. I mean, I won't be able to afford any of the zombie/vampire astronaut figures to go with it. I just don't have the disposable income for these collectibles anymore, and maybe I never did. I remember when 1/6 figures were only $60. Prices just keep steadily rising, and I feel like I'm being gentrified out of the hobby.

TL;DR

Which figure would bring more honor and glory to my toy collection?

EVENFALL T.O.T.E.M THUG PUGILLO 1/6th or DESTINY TITAN Bambaland Exclusive Edition?

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:06 am

End wrote:Which figure would bring more honor and glory to my toy collection?
I vote EVENFALL THUG

DESTINY TITAN HUNTER, whenever it's made later Wink

Wait until we see TOTEM SWAT

Should be dope!
DannyB
DannyB
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:23 pm

End wrote:Is this figure worth getting? No weird qc errors or anything, right? This would be my only figure from 3A. I'll be getting it through Sideshow Collectibles, as they have a Flex Pay option. I can't really afford these 1/6 scale figures, but thankfully Sideshow Collectibles is a bit more accommodating than Bambaland. I guess I'll be relegated to retail figures only in my collection.

I came here originally for the Destiny figures, but my interest in that franchise has begun to wane. I guess I realized that like all modern video games, Destiny will eventually be completely forgotten and these figures along with it! These modern sci-fi shooters just don't have any lasting appeal, it's all marketing tactics.

I need to know if it is worth investing in the EVENFALL T.O.T.E.M THUG PUGILLO 1/6th. I mean, I won't be able to afford any of the zombie/vampire astronaut figures to go with it. I just don't have the disposable income for these collectibles anymore, and maybe I never did. I remember when 1/6 figures were only $60. Prices just keep steadily rising, and I feel like I'm being gentrified out of the hobby.

TL;DR

EVENFALL T.O.T.E.M THUG PUGILLO 1/6th or DESTINY TITAN Bambaland Exclusive Edition?
Worth getting or not are depends on your interest..

for QC errors, since this is human-made not God-made, of course there's always chance for QC errors, no matter how perfect it is.

but from your choice, of course Thug are more worth to collect than destiny titan (no offence for destiny lovers Smile )
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessiedart Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:17 am

So mine arrived just today.
Unfortunately I have to say I'm really really  disappointed. Let me explain. First and foremost I absolutely love the look and the design of this figure and I also love the paint job and the color choice. If this toy wasn't $300 I would be totally totally satisfied for what I got if it was say $125 to $175 The problem I think comes from The Following.

First and foremost when 3A switched from the dense heavy vinyl like they had in previous robots like the zaku to this very very lightweight cheap feeling plastic the physical weight of the figure just feels extremely cheap.
Again let me say this it is very very light-weight Hollow and feels very inexpensive

But this cheap feeling is only half the problem. The real problem is when you compare the cost of this item to similar threezero pieces or other companies that I have become used to.
For example this figure is only $100 less then the TitanFall Atlas made by essentially the same company and if this toy is $300 the atlas should be $800 in comparison , but it's only $400. The two figures can't even be compared to each other in terms of size points of articulation paint applications details, number of Parts mixed-media Goods Electronics and size. It's just a complete different universe and it's only $99 more. So either pieces like that are a steal or this piece is way way overpriced. ALSO look  To the amazingly beautiful world's best robot that 3a put out last year.. it's a real head-scratcher. This toy is less than half the size and a fraction of the weight and bulk and this actually costs more ??

They both share an almost exact same hand design and materials in the feet the hands and the arms ...almost everywhere but the Remus figure was substantially less go figure.
When I showed my wife this figure next to Remus and asked her to hold it feel it and examine it and give me her thoughts she said the following. Well they're both very similar obviously from the same company one just looks like it's the much much bigger brother. I told her how much Remus cost and asked her what she thought this one cost. She said about half or less.

I think what has happened is as my collecting has migrated to companies like hot toys with their die cast figures ,pieces like this for the money just don't seem like a good value anymore. And when you compare it to non hot toys items like three zeros full metal ghost and again Titanfall Atlas that are similarly priced ,this one is not even in the same universe. I think I paid about $300 for the Fullmetal ghost, both the captain form and the standard version and these pieces are not even on the same playing field in terms of size, quality, accessories, engineering, you name it.

I just think $300 for a basic figure of this size and details just isn't a value at all.
Its nice looking but expensive for what it is.
If I showed you the Box ....the size of the box ...the interior foam of the box ...and  the actual figure of  the Full metal ghost Captain form, then showed you all of those things for this figure without knowing the price of either one you would say there's at least two to three time difference in cost but sadly they're almost the same.

So I guess what it really comes down to is yup I love the way it looks I love the color I love the paint but I think $300 is not price correctly. Compared to what's available in the collecting Market at that price range from good high and companies this one just leaves me scratching my head.

From sideshow.. this guy is $365!! Shipped
That's nuts for this toy...just nuts.
sorry folks... perhaps if he we're much bigger, came with a BFG or some accessories... then maybe..but in this size and presentation... nope

Last edited by Jessiedart on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Jessiedart
Jessiedart
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks for the thoughts 'n feels!
, i was really pissed bout missin the ground 0 set...now i'm kinda glad...more funds for 3A "vintage" stuff...this week incoming= Mel MK3, theZwarte Mata Dutch MercMaid... jocolor
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessiedart Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:15 am

And P.S.
Since I'm tossing it under a fast moving bus, I'll add this.After more inspection and comparisons.
The sponge paint work is large and simple and no where near as good as my old golden age 3a WWR bots.
They we're much much finer and looked very real with weathering.
And the promo shots of the eyes showed them all lit up evenly.
The finished version just has plain clear eyes with the led bulb behind them.
When lit it just looks like bulbs behind a lenses...not what it should or how it was showed.
Think of how Hot Toys makes all their Iron man figures eyes light up completely... by adding a diffuser behind the mask.
None of that here.. you can see all 4 eyes are just bulbs...looks no where near as good as the "diffused " promo shots.
And finally... the battery cover doesn't fit properly nor will it stay on
So there you have it.

I'm gonna fix the eyes with some Matt coating diffusion.
Add some finer weathering
And buy some loose 1/6 3a pouches on eBay.
And finally some type of weapon.
Maybe then...I'll like him more
Jessiedart
Jessiedart
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:23 am

Wow , that was a " Donnerwetter" (...clean and better?
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:35 am

thks for the honest review Jessiedart, much appreciated! Very Happy

this is sumthin i was 100% sold on initially then after i realized the story wasnt gonna be too fleshed out(surprise surprise) i started to pull back and passed at time of PO. the "this robot fights those things" premise while cool got old fast with no additional info or ongoing comic.
depending on price may get the 3AGO ver and 3AGO strigoi but dunno to be honest.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:48 am

I'm waiting on the 3AGO Strigoi to see how that turns out since I don't have the sixth scale version. Oh, and Megazomb is something I'd also like to see.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:56 am

Anybody else have a problem with the lights not working on their THUG? Have tried three different sets of batteries but I just can't get them to work. I wonder if it would be an easy job to open the upper torso to see if there is a loose connection somewhere?
Plastic Robo
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessiedart Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:01 am

Plastic Robo wrote:Anybody else have a problem with the lights not working on their THUG? Have tried three different sets of batteries but I just can't get them to work. I wonder if  it would be an easy job to open the upper torso to see if there is a loose connection somewhere?

Well it's funny you should ask. Last night my lights blinked off and never turn back on even with battery changes so finally being so disgusted with this anyway, I did crack open the part that was originally designed to open. The head the white trim around the head in the orange trim around the white trim as you can see is One Piece. It is glued but thank the shoddy workmanship, mine had almost little to no glue and after tugging around here and there I was able to pop that whole piece off. What I found was just sad. Like I already knew from my post above this thing is so thin and Hollow like a Happy Meal kids toy. And the wiring for the lights was so human hair thin with horrible solder joints that the wires had come loose. What I decided to do because I feel the lights look so bad when they're on anyway is to not even reconnect them. Instead I did the following.

I completely filled the entire body cavity with as  much compressed dense foam material that I had at my disposal, then re  glued the entire section the correct way to make it as solid as a rock. I then took that back plate that covers the battery section that I will never use again that kept popping off and felt thin and cheap, I superglued that on his back permanently. So he has no more lights which I really couldn't care less because they looked bad and how often do you use them anyway but now he at least weighs a ton more and when you pick him up and give him a little rap on the body it no longer has that Hollow cheap $10 toy sound and  feel but  has a solid dense thud.

I then gave him the axe from my Zaku that wasn't being used and ordered some one-sixth scale accessory pouches on eBay. Ill apply those to the side and front waist and back and all said and done I'll give it an old-school 3 a mixed-media look with a nice solid feel build. Feel free to fix yours as you see fit but I warn you when you open up that top and look inside that Hollow little piece of plastic called a chest neck and head that doesn't even turn on move by the way you may get a little down.
Jessiedart
Jessiedart
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:29 am

Jessiedart, would like to see photos once you have him decked out. Smile
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:52 am

UsedUniverse wrote:Jessiedart, would like to see photos once you have him decked out. Smile

Same here! Post loads of pictures please.
Plastic Robo
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:37 am

Doesn't that added weight add more stress on the legs? Specifically the ankle/knee joints?
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessiedart Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:18 am

Legs are fine...all 3a's feet /ankles are so Bad alreadyi give them all a future floor shine dip.
Hell the thing weighed nothing as is was and flopped foward when I first posed him anyway.
Every 3a fig I have in any scale have horrible feet/ankle strength.
My Aphrodite A was so bad I friggen had to use super glue to eliminate the ankle joint all together.
Even with the huge weight difference, the hips and knees are fine.
Jessiedart
Jessiedart
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:57 pm

End wrote:Is this figure worth getting? No weird qc errors or anything, right? This would be my only figure from 3A. I'll be getting it through Sideshow Collectibles, as they have a Flex Pay option. I can't really afford these 1/6 scale figures, but thankfully Sideshow Collectibles is a bit more accommodating than Bambaland. I guess I'll be relegated to retail figures only in my collection.

TL;DR

welcome back Vince! No  You do this to yourself

vincejustvince wrote:

So uhh that's why I latched onto "space opera" as well... see I was into WWR but if I retroactively hate everything that doesn't fit into my familiar space heroic adventure mold then I can justify no longer collecting WWR! I don't need that stupid miniguns and pill shaped robot trash! BUT WHAT ABOUT EVENFALL? 3A ACTUALLY DOES SPACE OPERA NOW, NOOO! I couldn't afford that Gravy Train set and that left a bad taste in my mouth.... I actually planned on getting the OG TOTEM THUG PUGILLO, but I felt so betrayed by that $500 set...

I latched onto Destiny next because it has two things going for it... No wait three things! It's by Bungie (Halo), toys by 3A, and it's a space opera! I bought the Destiny Titan because I wanted to cling onto 3A... but not Ash's art... I know Destiny and Bungie are a scam, but I just really wanted to have and to hold a high quality 3A release again!

666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:17 am

Yellow thug at Wonder Festival is limited to 50 units.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by soulburn Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:45 am

So I managed to get a regular Totem and Hazard Op half sized Thugs from SDCC. Will post pictures soon. But the boxes come with a choice of 5 on the side, and there's mention of a "Spook Ltd" and "Wampi Ltd". Anyone know what these two are? Were they sold or given away at SDCC or wonderfest?

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:50 am

They have not come out yet

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:04 am

There are a few different THUGs, Ash showed some on his Insta

T.H.U.G.      - Page 5 13643014_1266949676679338_2089860612_n
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by soulburn Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks for the info gregory.

And Gimbat, I saw the photo before, but I assumed the black one behind the main figure is the portable version of the 1/6th skull one that shipped as part of the army Strigoi set, and the silver one seems to read "ontac". So I assumed they weren't either of those two on the package.

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum