3AA 2017 Discussion

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3AA 2017 Discussion

Post by Hogarth on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:30 am

thumbtack82 wrote:
Hogarth wrote:Does anyone know what battery type they use?

Look for AG1-5 batteries, they're little watch batteries. I get them from my local dollar store, a pack of 5 for $1.25.

Thanks, thumbtack82!  Off to do a battery run right now.

And I've decided I don't care if the tread rollers are paint-locked.  Really doesn't matter.  All the other joints are fine, so posability isn't an issue.
Hogarth
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:16 am

Mine also came in yesterday

Joshimus
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 am

Membership showed up on Tuesday in San Diego, CA.

These guys are great additions to the square horde. I'm liking the mix of materials on them which helps me out with the ABS portion that I wasn't too keen on with the EVOL or 3AGO squares. It makes the weathering come off a lil nicer too. Death Buddy set is a hit.
Wooly
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by adzmax on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:50 am

Just when I thought these little guys couldn't get any better they add tracks!

adzmax
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by d3nnis on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:40 am

I was able to see them in person at US Venture, Membership package arrived today.
d3nnis
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwahir on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Just got back from vacation and found these guys waiting for me. What a wonderful welcome home present. Look great with all the other crew. Anyone else notice that the tracks are on backwards?
Gwahir
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:25 am

Tracks backwards? Mine look alright, not sure what the difference is myself.
Also has anyone loosened up the wheels & got the tracks working?
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 am

My tracks appear correct.  If yours are backward, Gwahir, it shouldn't be too difficult to pop them off and put them back on correctly.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, all four upper rollers on mine are paint-locked.  I saw this video and decided not to attempt fixing them because it would probably just make things worse:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/171398094487/permalink/10156471986909488/

The tracks don't need to work for me to enjoy them.
Hogarth
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:15 am

I'm the same, I figured if I had the wheels so they could move perfectly I'd still only put them in the position I wanted and never move them anyway so I decided to leave them as is, perfect!
Skipper11x
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwahir on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:11 am

If you look at the treads, each link overlaps the one next to it. The way the tracks are currently set up, the overlaps are on the leading edge of the links. It seemed to me that the overlap should be on the trailing edge. Maybe I'm mistaken. Either way, there was enough give on the treads that they came off without too much difficulty. Also, getting the treads off gave very easy access to the bogey wheels to free them up from any paint lock.
Gwahir
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:17 pm

Finally got a chance to open up my set.  I think I see what you mean with the treads, Gwahir, but if you look at the painting that's how they are depicted.  I'm not a tank or tread expert, but perhaps the way they were set up with the overlaps being on the leading edge of the links helps them dig into the ground and propel the Square forward faster?  

Anyway, I wasn't a Square fan in the past, but these ones may be turning the tide for me.  I'll have to play with them a bit.  Gotta find some batteries.

By the way on a side note: I understand the desire to want the treads to move, you obviously want the toy to function the way it was intended to function. But even if you have one with the treads functioning correctly, it's not like they are going to be able to move as you try and roll the Square forward on the ground. The treads will only move if you use your fingers to move them.
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwahir on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Chivo wrote:Finally got a chance to open up my set.  I think I see what you mean with the treads, Gwahir, but if you look at the painting that's how they are depicted.  I'm not a tank or tread expert, but perhaps the way they were set up with the overlaps being on the leading edge of the links helps them dig into the ground and propel the Square forward faster?  

Maybe...either way they look good.

Chivo wrote: By the way on a side note:  I understand the desire to want the treads to move, you obviously want the toy to function the way it was intended to function.  But even if you have one with the treads functioning correctly, it's not like they are going to be able to move as you try and roll the Square forward on the ground.  The treads will only move if you use your fingers to move them.

Completely agree. These guys are a static display, but its nice to know they could move, if you wanted them to... Smile

By the way, like the new avatar.
Gwahir
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:13 am

The more I play with these squares, the more I like them. Best square design by far. I like the hard plastic as well. And the tracks make much more sense to me than OG short legs. Definitely gives them much more stability and character.
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:10 pm

If anyone out there recieved my 'crem' '666' card with their set- hit me up. I got SANG KYU Y 0666... guessing the member numbers are just BS since this member also appears to be 666.Tried to contact CS who can only send a blank card... been a member since year 2 and have yet to get a membership package free of mistakes or issues...smh if you know Sang Kyu Y, tell him I have his card and will gladly send it to him...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top