Cleaning my Daywatch Bertie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleaning my Daywatch Bertie

Post by thesensman on Wed May 10, 2017 10:44 pm

So after about 2 years in storage and 2 moves i finally finished unpacking my collection last night and was amazed that only a few items were damaged considering they were packed moved and unpacked 2 times. The right thumb on my 1/12 Medic Bertie broke, the index finger on my 1/12 JEA Heavy Bramble was also trashed. I am not sure how to proceed with fixing them and it seems that there are no spare parts available. Beyond that everything else survived in tact except for my Daywatch Bertie that was leaning up against several darker pieces and got a few smudges on him. Can anyone recommend the best cleaning method, warm water and a soft cloth didn't work?

thanks and i am so happy to be collecting again.
thesensman
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Re: Cleaning my Daywatch Bertie

Post by wutasi on Thu May 11, 2017 1:46 am

You will need paint thinner to get the job done.
And just to be sure, the Daywatch Bertie is supposed to be squeaky clean without any weathering correct?

Also if you ever want to hit up DIY repair there are some good references in the self-repair thread.
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by thesensman on Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 am

Thanks Wutasi I will try a tiny amount of paint thinner (maybe on a q tip) and yes the Bertie is supposed to be squeaky clean and glossy. The Heavy Bramble version I have is weathered.
thesensman
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top