World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3AA 2015 Discussion

+87
chiowhon
SQUID
Joshimus
BlackBellamy
koonfasa
noisebot
SpiderPig
Mouse9090
counterfeit
3a_boltman
venom666
Bassnoir
GrandpaStern
RestlessEye
dedguy
Kedao
Chanimation
ghostmouse
Crem
Chivo
Musahi13
Deus Machina
Dar Wolfram
Devours
Gloomy
Vaxillus
Crazypanda
Nothing
Matrix
Franksenstein
dragonklien
mereel
raveer
ineedmoretoys
zzzzz
Knightjar
ultimatefighter
straytoaster
Mr3AGO
theparallax
Argentix
expathos
UsedUniverse
jsalsa23
Arroneous422
Beeratt
Cthulhu
miracle bubbles
beeto bot
OCDC138
Sideglide
Noir
Oneluckyboy
turbs
YING
slowbrom
noveltycross
ennui
Wooly
IronChap
ozz
Rad Toy Review
zbrushman
geisT
wutasi
Mr. Rictus
Toolarmy
gimbat
Dolly
ESeffinga
666ways2love
gregory
Beaumont
Drip
BPP
fluppeco
Skipper11x
illproxy
mijho
Artoo
thumbtack82
Ce
pezbanana
Grish
spizzness
papamadoo
Albino
91 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 3AA 2015 Discussion

Post by Wooly Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:21 am

I'm hoping all the recent Les-Morting means something for the 2016 set.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:23 am

if its a 3AGO les mort im gonna laugh hard but then.... still want. Razz
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderPig Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:36 am

No please no more 3AGO !

Must have a option, no toy, no dildo....
Ever year same problem, same delay.

Make simple.

For a 2016 3AA tshirt and Card only.
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:41 am

Alright, but it's still going to cost you $190 for the card and t-shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderPig Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:57 am

Nope I pay U$D 153 with 3AA discount :-)
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:04 am

I was always interested in 3a but couldn't justify for what you got. The F-legion pack changed all that and dragged me in, no regrets. I wasn't into 3ago at all but hung in there none the less, however if this year is 3ago or Barbie then I just might have to drop out. Also this might be the first year the 15% discount hasn't paid for itself. I'm mainly WWR and seem to be part of a dying breed.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:54 am

2016 Membership package. Wink
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:19 am

Not sure if I will renew next year as this year has been more than underwhelming unless you live in japan or china.The AK and WWR lines have dwindled to near nothingness while we continue watching Pascha after Pascha be produced- I know she has her audience but so did AK and WWR long before the B3Arbies took over...last two membership packs sit collecting dust with nothing more than the tshirt and card removed- and they have little to no market value...
Maybe next year give the option of just a tshirt and a card package along with the box full of whatever- no point waiting the better part of a year for a box of crap that just sits there and becomes landfill fodder...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackBellamy Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Crem wrote:
Maybe next year give the option of just a tshirt and a card package along with the box full of whatever- no point waiting the better part of a year for a box of crap that just sits there and becomes landfill fodder...

Yes! I was lobbying hard for the option this last year, hopefully they change their minds in 2016. I have no intention of becoming 3AA 2016, but if there is a price-discounted card only option, and a guarantee of specific things to drop within the membership period, then I may reconsider. I tried to resell my 2015 3AA membership complete and at retail, but eventually had to dip so far below buying price with still no one buying, that I sold the Bertie separate, and just had to give away JJ and the Noms. I actually like the 2014 Lass figure, but she has rarely left the box.
BlackBellamy
BlackBellamy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:38 am

Crem wrote:

That would be convenient, but I doubt 3A would do it...

Eh, at least the 3AA package stuff fetches decent prices on eBay. I used the last one to pay for my membership and a little extra to go towards a Bertie Mk2 Smile
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:58 am

I think the option should become available since there truly has been a limited opportunity to use said discount that the bloated kit is centered around.We are nearing the 11th month of a fairly lackluster year(IMO)unless you were able to attend the expo in japan.seems like prices prices continue to climb along side wait times and QC issues- it's just not adding up anymore...
I actually will be listing most of my collection this coming week in the BST section as I need to start clearing house for a move next year and the need for a new computer for work.hopefully there are still folks who are in search of what I have...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:08 am

Ash is gonna do what he is gonna do, regardless of how many suggestions are made and how good they are. we have been told we are the minority of customers now, and if we all stopped supporting threeA it wouldnt even dent the sales. i honestly dont think our opinions and suggestions hold any weight or have any impact.

there is def no reason for me to renew this yr since im buyin so little threeA now and enjoy it so much less but... i do have this sort of emotional non logical "noooo!" response to me finally dropping my 3AA number. i guess it comes down to whats offered in the set for me.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:26 am

I'm with you Ill, so close to walking away but there's always something holding me back, keeping me here. Personally it's just how next year's set looks like but then again once DDs start landing that might just about keep me hanging on, it's been a bad years shopping from 3a for me so far.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:53 am

It's not fair! I should have some input here! I should be able to influence 3A's design and production! They're doing things wrong and don't care! The ammo drum doesn't fit flush against the back of the 3AGO Bertie Mk2! I sure wouldn't let a figure be developed with a defect like that if I had my very own toy company! I guess it's because they make the figure before the cloth goods so they must not have realized the belt would get in the way until it was too late!

Realistically I know nothing I say will change things. They aren't going to start designing stuff more perfect just because I point out perceived design flaws. It's frustrating... I mean it's umm 2015 here guys I expect complete transparency from a company and we consumers should be thought of more as investors. Is what I propose impossible? I don't want to be updated on every tiny little detail or anything but there should be some forum where we can offer suggestions on currently in production figures.

I just thought that 3A was different! I JUST THOUGHT 3A WASN'T ANOTHER FACELESS CORPORATE ENTITY THAT PANDERS TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR SHIT EATING CONSUMER! I mean seriously they're doing Marvel? FUCK MARVEL AND FUCK STAN LEE HE'S A THIEF HE'S TAKING CREDIT FOR JACK KIRBY'S WORK! You know they made a Stan Lee action figure in that MOTUC line? STAN LEE HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE! HE-MAN AND HE-MAN ACCESSORIES IS A PART OF THE JACK KIRBY LIFESTYLE!

Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate comic books in general and especially the superhero ones? The fact that Ashley Wood is one of those comic book artists weighs heavily on me, I'll admit it. Well actually it doesn't matter to me at all anymore because I don't even collect the 3A toys, as I cannot afford them. I'll always have a hole in my heart since I betrayed 3A. NO WHY WAS I BORN ONLY TO BE A SLAVE I SHOULD BE WEALTHY AND POWERFUL SO I CAN BUY ALL THE 3A TOYS AND INVEST IN 3A AND INFLUENCE THE DESIGNS OF 3A! I'M NOTHING I'M NOBODY!

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:12 am

Just a card, tshirt, discount and ability to take Vince's keyboard away please.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:20 pm

^ Haaha
Oh come on, you don't want to read posts ran through the JustVince filter? ;-)

Ok, yeah, I agree, I'd be fine with that too. Cool
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderPig Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:19 pm

BPP wrote:Just a card, tshirt, discount and ability to take Vince's keyboard away please.

ahahhahahhahhahhahaahahahaa Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 am

Looking at the 'be ready for...' It seems we didn't get much of that... Evenfall, 3AGO, Spidey, Cap, WWR.. All seem a bit forgotten or limited drops.

3A 2015 seems to have been conventions, 24" paschas, death masks and each of the licences getting out 1 or 2 releases. Half the stuff on the 2015 list seems totally forgotten about...

As a 2000ad person I'm hyped for Dredd and have no complaints about that line in 2015 but both Evenfall and 3Ago were things I'd have liked to get more of this year. It especially seems a shame 3AGO wasnt really pushed after all of us getting that line in the 3AA Pack.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:05 am

Honestly 2015 has been a big let down. Especially when you consider what to expect, a 3aa exclusive for all major drops, 3aa get first shot at premades, quicker turnarounds, better communication, more Q&A's, improved QC... At least I think that's what was promised, correct me if I'm wrong. So far I've only used my discount on 5 items, the lowest by a long shot in 5 years. I would have loved a cammo mule or evol square but wasn't given the option. At the moment 2016 is not looking good but hoping for the best.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:39 pm

This has been my first year of 3AA and collecting 3Ain general, so I've got nothing to compare it to, but to me it seemed to me that conventions were the focus of the year. I understand that these are important to the business and getting exposure, but with the crazy long waits for shipping dates and other QC issues this year I'm of the mindset that maybe more attention should have been spent on these things. I might feel differently if I was able to attend any of the cons/shows this year, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Crying or Very sad

Not sure if I'll be renewing 3AA for 2016, depends on what the pack includes I guess.

thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Hoping we start to get some drips of detail about the 2016 pack soon (and the inevitable promises about the new 2016 3A!). Hopefully next year sees less convention focus and some fresh new designs in WWR/AK/Popbot instead of the slew of repainted rehashes and licensed goods that made up most of this year.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:24 am

What bothers me most about this year (aside from the fact that being my first 3AA i've felt like i haven't gotten my membership's worth, though i admit i loved the 3AA set)... is that Ash promised so vehemently that 2015 would be better and they would be correcting the faults of previous years... and they did not do it.

They did not fulfill their promise, nor other offers they made to get us all excited about 2015. Add to that stuff like the Warehouse sale fiasco, etc... I just feel this year the Legion has been blatantly disrespected in many ways.

But the goods themselves are... good. Some are even excellent. I love my Nabler Guys and were the first thing i ordered with my membership. I got some beautiful art books. I haven't opened other stuff like the DD Bertie or the Cavalry Bramble... waiting for Death Mask Archer, Death Mask Shogun...

So i've bought few, but very well selected items. Still, it feels like i could have gotten more as a member. I know this sounds like First-World-Problem-Whining, but we're paying customers, and i feel like we haven't exactly gotten what we paid for.

I will, however, sign up for 2016... i think.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:14 pm

I still made full use of my 3AA discount but I did notice I bought less than the previous years. The recent stuff I got has been fantastic. Judge Death is a really nice 1/12th figure, Hex is pretty awesome and the long awaited Heavy Duty Loper set and Cowbot have been fantastic too. I was also probably one of the few lucky ones to have minimal to no issues with the WBR line. Blue Ghost needed his elbow tightened which I was able to do and Mars has fallen twice from a 5' drop and still no issues. (though I won't put him on a shelf anymore. He can stay grounded. Not taking chances)
Thing is, when you think about it, aside from Judge Death, the rest I just mentioned are 2014 items.
I ordered 15 items this year and about 8 of them I may see before years end. (Judge Death being one of them which I now have)
May need to bite on Steel Age Batman too.
All in all, with the USD to Cad exchange rate and the discount, I still think having 3AA helps me personally so I'll likely join for 2016 as well.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:54 am

I'll most likely rejoin too - 1/6th 2000AD alone makes that likely. Plus the existing discount makes staying in 3AA more attractive. But looking at the 'whats coming' it really felt most of it didn't show...  

like 'Evenfall. Get ready for Thug. Totem Swat and Aliens.'. Well Thug showed up.. thats it. Sure we got the strigoi reoffered but basically that was it. The Ground Zero set was just a 2 pack of Thug and Strigoi (and impossible to get 3AA or not). Swat? Aliens? not a mention....

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:12 am

I was still impressed Dredd made out this year when I kinda was expecting him offered a few months after Judge Death. I agree that the 2000AD is part of why I still want 2016 but also Transformers (come on Soundwave or Ironhide) and a few other lines as well, like DC and Marvel and Star Wars if that goes further. Also really liking what Crystal Jade Vaughn is doing. Hex is fantastic and Umbra looks fantastic.
I'll see how 2016 goes. With the USD to CAD exchange, I have to be very picky these days.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next