World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February - 2009

Go down

February - 2009 Empty February - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:12 am

Guys, if you have 3AA membership and haven't posted your t-shirt size in this topic on the board , please do it. Because 3A staff member Ivy is going through this topic to get all the t-shirt sizes from you (don't forget to post your order number too). If you somehow didn't read the news, and never left any comment there - don't panic she will email you.

Early to talk, but small speculation based on Ashley Wood hints on the board suggests that 3A may be getting license for Spawn figures!
I'm almost screaming out of the excitement!

Customers, who have bought Euro Defense Brambles, don't forget to pay for one. Don't leave it just sitting in your shopping cart, he has so much love to give))

3A board February sketch contest started here , participate and the winner will get cool prices.
Previous January sketch contest is closed and being judged. You can see January sketches yourself here there are plenty cool ones, I liked personally ennui piece exceptionally. Because of all the drama, which the painting is telling us.  

Some bits of info received from Ashley Wood, about WWR grunts:
"the grunt is pretty decked out with cool shit, and yes if you into it, he will be very custom friendly."
"well the grunt is a grunt same uniform, but you can remove or add stuff. We will probably make some variations down the line but we are gonna release our standard WWR soldier and take it from there.. The Men From N.O.M need cannon fodder after all !"

Click here for fresh and hot images from upcoming Popbot8!
You can discuss them on 3A board as well, click here .

Here is Ashley Wood quote about 3A keychains:
"hopefully upcoming t-shirt designs will have vinyl keychains that you can collect and trade !"
Don't know about you...but it's so exciting to have piece of 3A in your pocket or on your collection display. Dying to see them soon.

According to Ashley Wood, there is a possibility of buying Euro Defense from the store, if you got Black Bramble (chase version) in your box and still willing to get Euro regular version (who wouldn't?!):
"initially that will be the case, but its first come first served as i cant hold onto stock on a maybe."
For all people who are thinking, that they want to have both of them, if they are going to be lucky with Black chase variant...
There are people with sets, who have 2x10 = 20 extra Euro at least.
So people who want to have Euro can already negotiate it through this board here .

Guys, I overlooked wonderful news for all Ashley Wood fans. There is wonderful online sale of Ashley Wood works at Scott Eder's gallery.
Please check it out and email Scott if you liked something and want to buy it.
Click here to marvel at Ashley Wood works.

Euro Defense Bramble is sold out. Hope you get yours and already impatiently waiting for him to arrive, as I am...Btw, Bramble arrives to your door in early March.

I already wrote about that, but I enjoy personally so much, what a great job performed our boardie OmnilimbO with 3A promotional work.
Check it out here .

Today our favorite board reached 400 users. And it's only beginning on the path to world domination.

Are you ready for a lot of news today?
There is going to be 10 different designs of Square (WWR scale)! According to Ashley Wood, Square figures are not going to be pricey. They are going to be as cheap, as 3A can make it.
Here is the quote for you:
"well to be frank, as cheap as I can make it, there is more value in getting toys out into the market, than hauling cash..
As we are selling via bambastore we are going to sell 3,10 packs with ems included, and maybe singles that have shipping calculated at check out as the cost of the shipping will too high to work into the price of a single. I would like to do singles, as the box would be fun to do."

There might be a special design and packaging for 10 Square pack.
"I want the 10 pack to have its own special packaging etc, and I have to make at set number to cover printing and packaging costs..
I might make it an uber premium set, original art, signed etc... make it worthwhile..just thoughts.."

Previous bits of news for this date are above.

The Square figure is going to be about 4 inches tall, the WWRP Bramble is bigger. In the WWR world Squares are on the battlefield, lugging 8 inch thick armor around.

New photo of the Square without decals!
February - 2009 Squaretestet5no3.th

Clarification from Ash about Bambalad and Bambaboss:
"bambaboss is WWR. bambalad is more of a popbot fancy, a fun silly thing, very different from the world of WWR. Bambalad and his yellow square are not in the WWR world, Bambalad's square is more of a teddy bear and much smaller than a WWR Square2."

News about the 3A key chains! There are going to be 1/6 heads, little robots and esoterica. When you buy a shirt you are getting one !

Square is hero of today's news, more new info about him.
His legs are fully articulated and they swivel on the legs base.

If you are a web-designer, 3A needs you!
Take a look here and send your info to the email, if you are interested.
If you always wondered about Square place in the WWR world, here you go:
"Squares are info gathering node bots, they troll the battle field sending info back to HQ, such as death tolls, enemy telemetry for Large Martin etc. On any battlefield there are tons of these little guys, reporting constantly, they make easy and valuable targets for the opposing forces, hence the thick armor."

TK's newest variant Aki, is going to be released on 24th of February and will be available on Bambaland for 48 hours. Then no more! He is going to be sold in the classic 3A de plume style box (like Nom&Noir&Blanc had) for 100$ or 85$ if you are 3AA member (EMS shipping included in the price!). He will have little tweaks such as weathered pants etc, Ashley Wood sees him as TK 1.2 and as Ashley Wood said - Aki likes to change t-shirt, so maybe he will come with two t-shirts?!

To summarize what we know so far, about Aki:
-new weathered pants
-gloves and shoes in new color
-maybe it comes with two t-shirts*
-chance for getting Blanc de Plume sketch
-85 usd price for 3AA members (or 100$ for non-members)
-EMS shipping included in the price
-available on 24th of February at www.bambaladnstore.com
-quantities: to be determined by demand.
So be prepared for him! You can't miss him now, can you?

*Now we know that Ash meant about the possible variants of Aki, not t-shirt quantities.

According to latest information from Ashley Wood, Oyabun is going to be released, without the bot head. And no more TK releases with bot head. I advice you to be careful, with bot heads you have, don't brake them. They are decapitated bot's heads already, but don't damage them more Wink

Large Martin (WWR scale robot) is going to have pouches for carrying ammo. No more news for him...but he is coming soon. If you haven't seen him, check 3A prototype photos on this board.

Our boardie Nikejerk, still have two 3A t-shirts available:
1 XL and
1 XXXL left

If this your sizes PM him, you can't miss such beauty!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3431/3266541299_4c9f7136ce.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3423/3266539927_d2e6c02af9.jpg
It will feature your unique nickname on the back!
PM him if you are interested.

There will be four possible variations with Aki..some are going to be super rare and some not. Maybe even one of a kind variant, hand painted t-shirt by Ashley Wood! So it's going to be the same thing with blind boxes, as it were with previous TK's. About the variant photos...

We will see photos of variants, once new 3A site is going to be up and ready.
Here is the quote of Ashley Wood about that:
"variants and surprise figs will only be shown after release from now on, we want to keep it fun and exciting for you guys and this one of the ways."

3A fans, you were waiting for 3A clothes, like I was? Good news for us all! This fall we will see the release of the first 3A jacket, it wont be white like Oyabun TK's has, but it's going to be very cool!

Sneak peak photo of Night Watch Bramble(Euro Defense chase figure):
February - 2009 Blackbramblepy9hs4.th
He is so good and shiny, and he is rocking double revolvers, as Euro Defense variant. You can see more pictures of Euro Defense variant in 3A photo section.

News about Large Martin! Ashley Wood is saying that Large Martin is really a big job, and maybe 3A will only release the battle version.  

But according to him, he wants much more variants with Large:
"I want a deep powder version, the standard version is awesome, but Im always inclined to snow warfare...maybe a small batch of those...."

For me, the more variants of such remarkable figure - the better. My poor wallet! But who even cares? It's big bot from 3A! Got to have all of them!

Finally! Two more pictures of Large Martin. Enjoy guys.
February - 2009 Lmblurry1bk4yf8.thFebruary - 2009 Lmblurry2wg8gm0.th

Ashley Wood about more variants of Large Martin:
"parade-graphic design version might be 3AA only version, make only what is ordered I think, but the promoted general release will be my initial war weathered version"

Dead Astronaut Gangster figure is going to be released someday by 3A! Go here to read a bit (just a bit really) more about it.
And never underestimate power of 3A request section! If you want something to be done, go with your ideas there, well put them and maybe you will get this figure done by 3A! Absolutely worth to try.

Happy Valentines day to everyone. I hope you will get something Ashley Wood/3A related to your significant other, to drag them into wonderful world of 3A collecting Wink Just joking of course, have a nice day everyone and cherish the people you love.

As for the news.
Famous Men from N.O.M (1/6 scale WWR figures) two figure set are are well into production, but they are not going to be shown yet. Although I hope we will see them in the middle of spring, shipped to our houses.

The Square (1/6 scale WWR figure) is at mold production so he should be around soon too.

Ashley Wood, about Merc Bramble:
"there WONT be a big bramble merc anytime soon , and when he does appear he wont be same as the bramble we all know.... so forget about him... "

Famous Men from N.O.M (1/6 scale WWR figures) two figure set will have gasmasks and real faces. Earlier it was promised that figures would have Ashley Wood's and Kim's (famous mastermind behind threezero) faces.

Ashley Wood about posters with his art:
"well im looking into doing many posters, kinda like frazetta did, cheap and always available etc ( WOOF ).. The 3A poster is a test subject, so if all goes well with printing, selling and mailing out expect many posters !
There are some highend giclee's that are waiting to be uploaded, but I have got to decide how and where to sell. I was thinking maybe I need a individual store for giclee's and other specialty ashley wood items. "

Personally I don't care where to buy them, of course bambalandstore is better, I'm used to this place. But just say me where and when, and I will go and buy this sweet posters any minute.

New sneak peek photo of Nightwatch Bramble, he looks so beautiful and deadly!
February - 2009 Nwbbc1gc1.th

According to Ashley Wood, Oyabun TK's jacket is ready and Oya should be available really soon.

Winners of the photo contests announced! This times there are three winners: zzzzz, Mereel, and rourke, click here to see they marvelous photos, you will not regret it. As always, lucky winners, get theirs Blanc de Plumes.

You want Blanc and you think that you can do better? No problem! Go here and post your best photo (only one is needed).

TK's Oyabun is going to be released for sale next month. Follow the news, to get certain date of the release.

Ashley Wood, about quantity of 3A releases per month:
"ill stagger it as best as I can so it doesn't hurt da wallet so much."

Ashley Wood, speaking about 3A zombie figure:
"need to get him right, we are close. We dont want to release a lamer... we will hopefully release multiply zombies over the coming years.A modular system would be fun, but to cover the cost we would need to sell a few thousand at a time.. Hell I want to bring back the micronauts and their modular system !"

If you want to sell/buy/trade art, there is a special thread for you on our board. Serious thread, for serious art owners, click here and participate.

TK's AKI variant (aka Data liberator/.nfo variant) will be available to order on the 24th Feb for 48 hours at bambalandstore.com, OYABUN TK will be available to order in March.

Latest bits of info about TK's AKI: AKI has the facial hair.
Oya is as clean cut a TK as you can get, shaves every three hours.

Check out the teaser pic of AKI on OYABUN in Ashley Wood blog .

Famous Men from N.O.M (1/6 scale WWR figures) two figure set will not have any variants or chase figures. And please relax everyone who wants them, there is no list or anything. Those figures will be available for general audience at bambalandstore.com for certain time period.

Ashley Wood, about men from N.O.M set:
"N.O.M soldiers all have a similar vibe, we cant stray too far from what you know and hopefully dig , but that doesnt mean they are like Nom de Plume. Also they are N.O.M commanders, they dont carry bulky big weapons, they have more class than that ! Though the premise is kinda goofy, theses characters must still logically fit into the WWR world in look and back story !"

Super exciting day, pictures of two more 3A figures shown!

Beware boardies AKI aka Data liberator!
February - 2009 Nfo2wz3uq7.th

More tease pictures of ROTHCHILD LUNAR SECURITY " ARMSTRONG "!
February - 2009 Arm3wt5ra8.thFebruary - 2009 Arm2nj7xh4.th
It's not his face on the first picture))

Ashley Wood about Oyabun variants and figure itself:
"who said there was one Oyabun ? I never said that, they are hyper TK's rare, but certainly not just one."
"They are called OYABUN by everyone its more nickname due to their elevated status in the TK ranks and hyper skill levels. they basically appear, kick ass, and then they are gone.popbot 8 isnt a Oyabun TK book, he is there and mentioned but not delved into etc"

Last edited by gimbat on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

February - 2009 Empty Re: February - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:12 am

Rotchild lunar security "Armstrong" has gone to mold. He is Bertie sized in height but has more presence due to his design.

Ashley Wood about another TK's Aki variant:
"There is the the blue shirt AKi too, with the dark blue hair and heels T etc.. This edition is effectively the variant, though im considering offering them both, you just pick what you want. nothing is concrete yet."
"ok, gold look good on vegas, but not on TK's shirt who is trying to hack a mortis whisper net, while avoiding 50 foot long feet trying to squash his ass ! vegas bling TK is next TK release, his name Charlie !"

There is possibility that two TK's variants will be offered for sale. So you can chose one, or both.[s] But it's only a maybe variant.
[/s]
It's happening!! Both of TK's Aki and Kiba (new name here guys!) variants, will be offered on 24th of February at bambalandstore. And probably will be special price for the set: 180$.
Shipping included as always.

Guys, to make everything crystal clear, how I understand it: on the previous photo above in the news, isn't Aki TK's, it's Kiba.

3A Email Aventure signup for newsletter, please use this url to signup. You can report here about your success or problems.

Small bit of info about Popbot's character - Blind cowboy (1/6th scale): "well he is the bad-asses of all cowboys, he is the ultimate redeemer, thats his spot in Popbot.. he will have his day !"

Bits of info from Ash, about ROTHCHILD LUNAR SECURITY " ARMSTRONG ":
"Armstrong are scattered over the moons surface, they are the first line of defense against incursions. space flight isnt like say star wars, mainly very big bulky ships that deploy the troops and bots, no fast fighters in space etc"
And the most exiting part!
"as interesting as the Armstrong 1/6th weapon is 17" long !"
That is huge! I want this bot bad, what about you?

Don't forget, TK's Aki and Kiba pre-order in less than two days at bambalandstore!

Pre-order for TK's Aki and Kiba will happen in less than 24 hours!
And please be aware, that time based toy sales will not have a 3AA advanced order, because its not needed, will be done exactly as much toys, as orders were made. They cant sell out etc, so everybody start with your orders at 9am 24th February AEST at bambalandstore.com

Ask for Popbot 8 by Ashley Wood in your local comic stores!

If you have signed up for 3A newsletter, you must get first newsletter from 3A already. It has all the cool info about Aki and Kiba, and of course about upcoming 3A releases.

Here is it's text, if you unfortunately missed it:
"Aki and Kiba, Grey Hats! Wizards of the deep magic, self described data liberators and C64 demo scene maestros. They are the ultimate wet ware. Their job, bring down Mortis security networks and mine the Whisper for data!
Aki and Kiba, lots of MIPS but no I/O?

The WWR 1/6th line: Over the coming months will see the release Large Martin, The Square2, Lunar Defence Armstrong, Grunt Soldier and possibly the greatest figure set ever conceived The Men From N.O.M.

If all goes to plan each toy will come with a booklet containing an illustrated story.

With the release of the first WWRP 3AA Bramble just around the corner expect news of the first multi packs very soon. Over time the WWRP line will cover the entire WWR world and then some.

Very soon the first 3A poster will be offered, it will herald the start of a low priced high quality line of posters!"

The most exciting part to me, was news about the booklet with illustrating story!

As we all know, AEST time conversion, can be a little bit tricky.
That's why our boardie ennui made this thread, to help people, click it.

Aki&Kiba sales are happening right now!
Go to www.bambalandstore.com and buy yourself some 3A goodness! They will be available for 48 hours.

Next 3A release TK's Oyabun, will have in the box t-shirt, with exact design he is wearing. So hooray! You not only will have wonderful and detailed figure, but you can wear limited 3A t-shirt, and be bigger scale Oyabun twin.))

Ashley Wood about how limited Men from N.O.M (1/6th scale) would be:
"the men from nom will have a theoretical limit as they are detailed and finicky and take time to construct, like the 3AA no limit till its reached !"

Second day of TK's Aki&Kiba sales at bambalandstore.com
If you haven't got them and still thinking, go to the shop and check out how wonderful they are. You got to have them!

A little bit of news about so anticipated Men from N.O.M set. Maybe tease picture of them would be in the first 3AA newsletter. As for the packaging, the box would be very special, it has no painting on it, and maybe it will come with a print in it. So a lot of surprises there. Follow the news and I keep you posted.

High quality posters and giclees soon will be available at Bambaland.
Ashley Wood comments on that: "High quality low cost posters will soon flood Bambaland and everyone will say there's too many ! And Giclee's , I have a few ready but dont want the hassle of sending yet!"

This one made me scream like a little girl!! New de Plume variant is coming!
"I have a new plume variation worked our, one that make a lot of sense too..ill sell this next one as a 3AA club exclusive, 100 only !
soon as I have the name, ill announce..."

It's official everyone, Gēb? de Plume is the name of new de Plume variant!

Ashley Wood about Men from N.O.M "the men from nom cost way more to make than AKI and KIba, and the box is waaaay more expensive than a couple of 3A classic boxes... just a heads up,also the new tk's used already available parts to, keeps things cheaper etc"

This is the place to discuss and talk about upcoming Ashley Wood book "Shunt" from IDW publishing.

Ashley Wood about mysterious project 3A Toy Line "Aventure Cartel":
"well its a funny proj as it involves other artists and thats not an easy thing. as a teaser, one of the TEAM is called FIGHTING JC!"
Discuss it and share your opinions, right here .

We will soon get the info about Gēb? de Plume release via 3AA newsletter. This time 3A wants to make all the figures before the pre-order happens and ship them, the day after pre-order. So it's going to take some time. My suggestion would be - take as much time, as you want, our beloved 3A, we want Gēb? de Plume to be perfect.

Oyabun's t-shirt in full glory!
February - 2009 Oya.th
Don't forget that Oyabun not only wearing this t-shirt, but in the box will be lifesize t-shirt for emmm...humans!

Lasstranaut will be a figure soon as possible, according to Mr. Wood.

see previous info for that day above

First of 3A lines showcases revealed! It's Cosmonaut by Jeremy Geddes.
February - 2009 Cosmobirdst.th
Click here to see it in full size and discuss it on the board .

There will be randomly placed Blanc de Plumes in TK's Aki boxes.

3A first female body system AVA is real close to version 1.0 being finished ! I'm very much excited about that! We all love to see female figures from 3A, don't we?

Euro Defense Brambles will ship in early March, as the Euro paint job is very difficult, and 3A wants it to be perfect.

Checkout upcoming Aki and Kiba TK's packaging in Ashley Wood's blog.

Still curious about what is going to be in lucky boxes of Aki&Kiba?
February - 2009 Blanctk.th
February - 2009 Interv.th
Lucky sketches, for rare TK's or for Blanc de Plume!!! As you see, TK's sketches are limited to twenty, don't sure how many Blanc sketches are there. This sketches are fantastically drawn by Ashley Wood himself!
As for the process, of exchanging the figures, when we had the same for TK's..lucky person, had to contact Ash with photo of the sketch and email sketch to 3A headquarters, then he would get it back, with Blanc de Plume box.

Our boardie gar got Blanc de Plume today from Ashley Wood. My official congratulations, you deserve it!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down