World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April - 2009

Go down

April - 2009 Empty April - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:15 am

We will start April, with WWRP (World War Robot Portable - 1/12th scale) news.

They are coming to us in May, and in three singles: Merc Bramble, Deep Powder Bramble and Medic Bramble. All three will be released at once as singles at 45 plus shipping, or you can buy all three for 120 including EMS shipping to your door. The more you buy, the cheaper it gets.

Picture of WWRP 3AA exclusive Desert Bramble paint job:
April - 2009 Paintjobj.th

There will be a 1/6th for May, according to Ashley Wood, maybe from Popbot or from WWR, or he was referring to Men from N.O.M super set. Stay tuned.

Already famous and long awaited figure Gebi de Plume, is the de Plume for 3AA members and will be sold before May. 3AA members will get an email prior to his sale, at bambalandstore.com

Ashley Wood speaking about super large WWR bot - Large Martin, who comes on sale on 22nd April 9.00am AEST
" well stumps, he doesnt have hands, no need he has a fucking big gun attached to his body !"  

The first issue of official 3A magazine Venture is almost done, it would available for all the 3A fans at bambalandstore.
In the Ashley Wood's words speaking: "fans of 3A will be chuffed !"

All the image threads were updated by ennui, so now each thumbnail picture points to direct images. Click here for 3A gallery images and here for prototype images.

More pictures of 3AA Desert WWRP Bramble, shipping out soon!
April - 2009 Portable.th

Ashley Wood commenting about WWR bots Large Martin and Rothchild LUNAR SECURITY " ARMSTRONG " , weapon size:
"Armstrong has a big gun 17"
Large has a big gun , ill measure it "phwoor" "

Let's try all to stay on topic in the forum threads, as close we can get to it. For fun, there is stuff section. We (ennui, eseffinga, Gimbat, Sir Dirty Girty) as moderators, will be very strict about topics. So everybody is warned, no hard feelings.

Ashley Wood about on topic mode on:
"topics from now on, as the 3A website is still in gestation this forum is front line info for us, and these threads are important to discuss our shit.
Im ok with dallying here and there in the threads but lets stay as close to topic for ol uncle ash."

Ashley Wood about first 3A posters and prints:
"but prints would be 300 $$$ +, then everyone would stress over money.
to be honest, these posters are as good as prints, coz nothing comes close to originals, so enjoy the much cheaper option.
original paintings own EVERYTHING..."

To remind you, first 3A poster is available for sale at www.bambalandstore.com , for 25$, Size 16"x40", thick paper, matt varnish and the price includes shipping via standard mail, sent rolled in tube.

As you see for sale and trade section is erased. It was done, by moderators, because of the Ashley Wood request, for sale and trade section is gone. 3A official board is not a flea market and let's keep it clean from now on.

3A board March sketch contest, with theme "Seduction" is closed and gregory is the winner! Congratulations to him! Click here to see his wonderful piece and please list it through, for others sketches. Now be ready to participate in new ones, to get desirable Blanc de Plume.

Ashley Wood speaking about Large Martin:
"I think you will dig him, a clue to a final colorway.. PANDA  "

There will be three paint variants of Large Martin: Panda, Big Red and Deep Powder. All will be available for sale and no chase figures this time.

Small hint, about future WWRP releases: Bertie mk2, Large martin, armstrong, Bramble Heavy gunner and lots more

Ashley Wood, about prices, if you buy all three variants of Large Martin:
"threeApack...shit I dunno, if you by 3 you will get a big ass discount...ill ponder that and let you know"

Small hints about variants and their looks:
"Iron Panda is cool
Big Red is cool rocking some CCCP !
Deep powder is like DP v.2 !"

About the Panda hint, I'm starting thinking, that it's could be not B&W variant, but Republic of China colorway, as Big Red is USSR variant.  

About WWRP Bramble Heavy gunner: "heavy gunner bramble has not been seen, not a simple swap out, more a re-fit"

Bits of info about Large Martin three pack and it's amount: Certain amount of three packs, would be allocated at bambalandstore. As for the Large Martin three pack quantity, for now info states that it's going to match what would be ordered in specific period of time.

3A board April sketch contest started, with the theme "Robots", click here , be creative and you have a chance, not only to win Blanc de Plume, but to improve your skills and get a doze of healthy criticism.  

This week we are going to see photos and all the info about Large Martin. Just a little time to wait guys!

Interesting update from Mr and Mrs Wood, about Loreless, click here to read it.

Ashley Wood speaking about possibility of Lore figures and what kind of figures he could make:

"lore figs, well if I had a toy company I would.... wait a sec...."
"golem soldiers, they would have to be 15" tall to be in scale "

New drawing spotted in Ashley Wood blog, click here to see it.

Multiple quotes, from Ashley Wood, about Large Martin variants. For now, it seems, that Big Red - got to be looking like war veteran variant. And Large Martin has pouches too, like Bramble and Bertie, how they going to look on him? We will see this week!

"yes, but not stoopid big, but big.. and CCCP !
he has seen much action...
iron panda is fucked up too
so is deep powder.
clean and happy didnt work for large ..
the NW Martin does, but he aint going to be available..
iron panda division is only sad when the head counts are low.
dont expect a fluffy panda..."

Latest info on Iron Panda - no China connection there.

What a perfect today!
Pictures of Gēb? de Plume and TK Interloper, were show on 3A board.
Click here to see Gēb? de Plume and here for TK Interloper (Aki&Kiba chase figure).
To remind you Gēb? de Plume is 3AA exclusive, limited to 100 pcs and is going to be last de Plume.

If you don't like direct links, here is thumbnails preview of Interloper and Gēb?.
April - 2009 Bewarem.thApril - 2009 Gebipromo1.th

First 3A poster, check it out! Still available at www.bambalandstore.com

April - 2009 Posterw.th

Another colourful photo of first ever 3A WWRP Desert Bramble (3AA exclusive):
April - 2009 Photo3aa.th

Aki&Kiba lucky owners, will have them this week. Watch out for TK Interloper in your boxes!

Large Martin pricing: 300$ for a single bot or 600$ two.
Threepack 900 - 25% for 3AA members ( that includes the 15% ), 900 - 10% for non members.

Ashley Wood speaking about shipping price of WWRP figures:
"shipping will be what the post office charges for a single fig, as you know we cant change that cost...

45 for the fig, im guessing standard post will run 10-15. but thats a guess so pay no head.

like the original plan we had, we want you to buy them off a shelf in a local store. to get their might take a bit, but at least you will have rare and exclusive bambaland designs from the early pre-wholesale days in the meantime.."

Last of de Plumes, unless 3A, five years anniversary de Plume set will be made...doesn't come with the t-shirt, like Nom&Noir were. But it doesn't make him less of a great figure.

WWR Accessory Pack is in the works, and it's coming to us soon! Stay tuned, as always for more relevant dates.

Confused in TK variety? Check out TK check-list (even with TK Interloper chase figure) in Ashley Wood's blog, click here.

3A has currently NINE projects in production, anything pre-ordered or close to pre-order is not in that perfect nine list. So a lot of goodness for us this year!

Toy custom contest started, please read the rules and participate in this awesome and inspiring contest.

Toy custom contest started, please read the rules and participate in this awesome and inspiring contest.

New paintings in Ashley Wood's blog.

300 USD will be the price, for single WWR Large Martin. Shipping included as always. What a great deal this is!

There will be a new WWRP exclusive for the next 3AA club round!

New interesting art in Ashley Wood's blog, love the updates very much.
Check them out here.

Fuck the small toys! 3A present you awesome Large Martin - Iron Panda variant. Two more: Deep powder and Big Red are coming soon.

April - 2009 Lm1j.th  April - 2009 Lm2i.th  April - 2009 Lm3a.th  April - 2009 Lm4e.th

Previous images are without decals and this one with decals:

April - 2009 Withdecal.th  

Same photos are available at Ashley Wood's blog.

Ashley Wood about variants:
"thats cool boys, these are not gonna be in large numbers anyway, painting a large bot like this takes time, and if we want to drop in may we got to draw the line.
Deep powder will be half the run of panda and red.."

Ashley Wood about Large Martin at the field and ammo pouches:
"he lugs different stuff for the platoon he is with, ammo, stores, etc. He doesnt do nuthin but fire da gun, and knock shit down with his stumps.
also, no robot really uses their pouches, the humes that run with them pretty much manage them. "

Our first boardie just got Aki&Kiba figures!
Click here for photos.

Ashley Wood explaining about Large Martin's pouches:
"they carry heavy shit or their ammo etc. or they dont, they dont always have pouches etc..
if you see a tank with stuff strapped to it, you dont think how does the tank use it, this the same situation. "

Well don't know about you, but I love how he looks with them.

If anyone is interested how many TK's Aki&Kiba were made, the answer is 150 pcs of each.

As you all know TK's Aki&Kiba are being shipped out right now. Only thing that slows the process is Easter. In the TK's boxes can be found this editions chase figure Interloper with the print (20 pcs were made) or Blanc de Plume sketches (quantity of sketches to be determined). One sketch is already found in Japan! To remind you - sketch guarantee you - Blanc de Plume!

Ashley Wood speaking about of the upcoming WWR bots, the bot with thrusters - ROTHCHILD LUNAR SECURITY " ARMSTRONG":
"Armstrong is as cool as large martin etc..I not going to release some out style sub-standard bot !!!"
"no, they are too different to compare, they have unique coolness.
but any robot with thrusters is a winner !"
"I think armstrong is the direct influence of the original Space Lego.. which friends, I FUCKING LOVED !!!!!!!!!! "
" holds it, HE HAS HANDS, YOU HAND NAZI'S can chill now, HE HAS HANDS.. "

Picture of Armstrong's big [s]dick[/s] gun:
April - 2009 Armstrongsbigdick.th

First WWRP and 3AA exclusive Desert Bramble is being shipped out too. Eastern is slowing the things, but we will see him soon at our doors.

According to Ashley Wood, there is a possibility that there MIGHT be a booklet in Large Martin's box.

Sneak picture of WWR Grunts' head:
April - 2009 Wwrgrunt.th  

TK's Oyabuns: Yama and Naga will be shipped out in April!

Well, don't know about how serious it is. But Ashley loved TK's figures so much, that he droped a bomb, about releasing new TK each month. Just need to form a club of at least 50 people. If you want to participate in the club, click here and sign up.

Awesome Large Martin's oil drawing at Ashley Wood's blog, click here to see it. Possibly it's going to be Large Martin's toy boxes art.

A lot of previous news for this date and pictures are above.

WWRP 3AA exclusive Desert Bramble in the making. I always love those pictures.
April - 2009 Wwrpf3.thApril - 2009 Wwrpf2.thApril - 2009 Wwrpf1.th

If you already got Aki&Kiba please share their photos here.

Got the word from Ashley Wood about TK's club and WWR grunt club. They are happening, they are in tentative mode now, a lot has to be worked out. But definitely not joke.

Ashley Wood expressing his opinion about TK's club. So I suggest to relax with the lists:
"if we do any more TK's they will have new hair and expressions, and if we go ahead with this, it will near the end of this year, early next year before they surface etc..
We have many new figs to do first, so relax, OYA's ship real soon and for now thats it !"

Ashley Wood speaking about TK's club, terms, lists and sign up:
"here's another point guys
50 is the minimum to do it, if 2000 people want to join they can !
To break even on these figs we always have a 50 figure threshold etc.
Of course we want to make more..."
"even if we started today it would not happen for months.. a breakdown for ya, if we really hunkered down.
Design the heads and hair. 1-2 weeks minimum for 12 heads, probably longer.
t-shirt and clothing design 2-3 weeks
sculpt the heads and hair, fitting them in a already super tight schedule with changes and tweaks 8-12 weeks, coz we have to make a lot of the heads at once to make it monthly and on time.
designs and sculpts for new weapons and add-ons etc 4-6 weeks.
Molds for injection and vinyl, 4 - 6weeks
packaging art - GAH !
you see it gonna take time..so everyone start saving !"

New WWR art at Ashley Wood's blog.

Ashley Wood about TK's Aki&Kiba chase Interloper:
"if someone has not posted any FORUM interloper shots today, ill post some....
we have a couple to give as prizes over time too, without sketches and what-knot.. He turned out cool, it was a spur of the moment thing, had the idea, emailed Kim the ideas.. and bang there he was !
interloping and shit !"

Ashley Wood speaking about long anticipated 3A zombies:
"same body lads, we want to keep the cost down on him for us and you, hands and head are rocking the zomb juice...
It looks cool, the head sculpt took many many many hours, and was difficult to get the "wood" feel, but it delivers in spades. I dislike the realistic gore fest zombie figures, I see no art there, my zombie isnt about that..
for now there will only be the single release, see how he goes.. "

You probably know about Men from N.O.M set project. There will two figures, who represent Ashley Wood and Kim (threezero).
Ashley Wood mentioned something about possible N.O.M uver overlord. I don't want the pictures or anything, I'm buying! Ash had me at N.O.M

Here is the quote for ya:
"I have started designing the N.O.M uber overlord... we have to take orders from someone !"

And the link for expressing your support and attitude.

Wonderful Interloper photos from our boardie RunAMucker. Congratulations to him!
first photo
second photo
third photo

Got your Aki&Kiba and no Interloper chase? Keep your spirits up, you can win one in 3A boards contests! Follow the news of my twitter ( www.twitter.com/gimbat ) for updates.

Awesome zombie sculpt for upcoming 3A zombie figures:
April - 2009 April3b.th

Better dead, than red? Not the case of Big Red - Large Martin variant!
April - 2009 Bigredprom.th
Ashley about the paintjob:
"I dunno what imageshack does to the image, but the red is waaaay off.its darker and richer.... sme with the yellow ! a richer darker red, kinda glossy."

Last edited by gimbat on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

April - 2009 Empty Re: April - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:16 am

Previous info, including photos of Big Red (Large Martin variants) above

Ashley Wood speaking about the photo:
" also the weathering aint showing up well, just as cool as the panda. its a contrast thing.."

So keep in mind, that it's only a promo. soon we will have nice and clear pictures.

Check out Large Martin (Iron Panda variant) promo picture:

April - 2009 Martinpromonew.th

Final tweaks of Big Red design:

April - 2009 Bigredfinalpaintredg.th

Large Martin production would be limited (not as many ordered - produced) and 3A already started making them.
Ashley Wood commenting the issue:
"limited amount, due to detail and we are starting to make them now etc. "

Estimated production numbers, for Large Martin: Deep Powder variant has the lowest number - 100. Other two are not that much higher.
Total for three variants is about ~300, but it has to be updated from 3A.

About Deep Powder photos:
"no DP shots till the start of May..
you will bite your ass ! "

I'm personally getting so curious about Deep Powder...Ah..maybe I will go for him. Either way, Large Martin is LARGE and perfect in every variant.

Ashley Wood answering on the questions, how people can buy Deep Powder variant of Large Martin, if they haven't seen the pictures of him:
"exy, we dont mind if sell now or later, when people see DP they will buy then. We are not forcing people to buy, just an option for buyers.
He has a different decal and affiliation design than Bramble, but sports the Deep Powder camo. "

Info about an upcoming Ashley Wood book here.

Soon we will see collaboration of Ashley Wood and Kenny Wong! Surprised
Watch this special place on 3A board's section , devoted to this theme.

Large Martin's Big Red variant promo picture, with views from all angles.
April - 2009 Martindecalbig.th

Ashley Wood speaking about Oyabuns and t-shirt situation, as well talking about his plans to buy t-shirt company:
"I love doing the shirts, but as we dont own the screen printers it really blows, they treat ya like crap for low runs.. Take the OYA, they could ship real soon, but the shirts aint gonna be ready...
Should we send the figs now, and the shirts later, or just wait...
it could be up to 3 weeks to get the shirts... "
"I said the same thing yesterday Musahi, I want to buy a tshirt company now!!
we will gonna send the OYA's, then the shirts. Its my fault, I rejected the first batch of shirts, not good enough, screens were out... etc"

So don't worry about Oya shipping, it will be soon.

Date correction for Large Martin sale.

General pre-sale of Large Martin happens on 21st of April, 9-00am Melbourne time. At www.bambalandstore.com
BE PREPARED!
3AA sale will happen 24 hours earlier and 3AA members will get an email about it. Don't stress guys.

Still waiting for TK's Aki&Kiba or missed their pre-order?
Here is a wonderful video on youtube of our boardie breakersrevenge, opening the boxes and checking the figs and whether he got Interloper or not.

Feel free to discuss Kenny Wong vs Ashley Wood collaboration here.

Fresh and very exciting news today.

Last of de Plumes - Gēb? de Plume. It goes on sale 8th of may, 9.00 am, Melbourne time. It's a 3AA exclusive and will be limited to one figure in one hands. A bit more than 100 of them are going to be made. If it's not going to be sold-out during 24 hours, everyone will have an opportunity to buy him. Personally I think, it will be sold-out in less than five minutes, but let's see. Keep in mind, there will be no emails or anything, just be at bambaland at that time, to make a purchase.

First ever WWRP and 3AA exclusive Desert Bramble, will be shipped out next week.
Here is Ash speaking, why it took so long:
"they ship next week, we had to double check an issue, it took a lil while but all is cool now. Things get fiddly when you have membership numbers, card numbers, and individual tshirt sizes etc.... "

Oyas will ship out soon too.

For May we have The square, going up for sale on May 26th.

previous news for this date above

New painting spotted at Ashley Wood's blog click here to see it.

Ashley commenting the painting:
"those are nbot grunts ( earth soldiers ) they are martian soldiers, known as Reds... "

3AA pre-sale of the Large Martin will happen at 20 April, 9-00 AM AEST at www.bambalandstore.com

You can use ennui's time chart here , but keep in mind that it shows the date for general release, which happens on 21st of April.

3AA members will get an newsletter, with all the date about the release.

Ashley Wood about Large Martin price and Deep Powder variant of Large:
"go all 3 with 3AA you get a Large martin for 75 bucks in the end ( 675 etc after discount ).. I dont wanna pimp but thats a good deal, you sell it at retail and make some coin...
just sayin, coz no one else seems to see how good a deal that is Smiley "
"just wait till I show the full fig later on to make a decision, no one, I dont want to mock up the DP and then have to explain thats it a mock up etc.. The MR FROSTY grpahic might make the 3AA newsletter."
"688.50 is the price for 3 pack, as its 15% discount on the 810 price..thats what our accounting bots tell me at least.."

I remind you, that 3AA pre-sale of Large Martin will start in less than two hours.

About the newsletter:
"the newsletter will not go out till half an hour before store opens up for orders, too many people asked why they could not buy when they got the newsletter, so check yer email, you will be able once you get the newletter. Everyone should get it pretty much straight away. If you dont get it email me !"

Oyabuns Yama&Naga will have a randomly placed Blanc de Plume sketches.
To remind you, the sketch guarantee you Blanc de Plume figure. And the sketch is drawn personally by Ashley Wood!

Newsletter is send.
Here is the text:
"LARGE MARTIN is the largest ( 19.5 inches ) 1/6th WWR figure so far from 3A , now on sale at Bambalandstore.com. There are 3 different colorways to pick from, PANDA, BIG RED and MR FROSTY ( DEEP POWDER CAMO ). Each LARGE MARTIN costs 300 USD, this includes EMS worldwide shipping. A package deal containing all three standard colorways is available for 688.50 USD with 3AA discount.

LArge MArtin will start shipping end of May.

Mr Frosty LARGE MARTIN has the lowest production run of the standard colorways."

Newsletter images:
http://img.mailchimp.com/2009/04/19/cfe765cda4/largetitlefinal1.jpg
http://img.mailchimp.com/2009/04/19/f6c0fa5062/deepmartin.jpg
http://img.mailchimp.com/2009/04/19/29ab70d2d0/STRIPLOGO.jpg

Of course hero of the day is Large Martin in all his variants!
What we know so far about Deep Powder Large Martin (Mr Frosty)? It's going to have an iced skull decal, Mr Frosty wasn't shown because 3A didn't had his final photo, but it was almost sold out, during 3AA preorder, how about that, huh?

Ashley Wood about Mr Frosty availability:
" there will be 5 or so MR Frosty available at the time of the standard newsletter going out, 8am melbourne time 21st april.."

Good luck to everyone, who is planning to grab him! Please be fast guys, 5 or so, is a very small quantity! My fingers are crossed for you!

Ashley Wood about Large Martin chase figures (chases, what chases?!):
"well NW are a group so the skull would be the same, but DW are different, so a different decal..
errr if there were infact variants.."

Oyabuns Yama&Naga will ship out next week, but 3AA packages (including first WWRP 3AA Desert Bramble), will ship out this week! Hooray!

Ashley Wood commenting the looks of Rotchild Lunar Security "Armstrong":
" no way, the moon aint shiny , its very course and rough ! wear is a massive problem on the moon, the moon dust is a fucker !!!"

Newsletter about Large Martins general pre-sale is out. And Large Martins are up for sale at www.bambalandstore.com

Ashley Wood speaking about Deep Powder coming back to store:
"they might pop into stock during the day, unpaid orders.... "

Please don't lose hope guys! And to remind you, they all are Large and cool. And there is a possibility of getting a chase figure (chase, what chase?!).

I wish the best of luck to everyone!

We will not see Large Martin in WWRP scale for a while.

Previous news for this date above

Ashley Wood, with WWR2 bits of info, on Large Martin nature and hunting habits:
"they hunt in packs, they use noise squares to blur their footprint from field scans ( and before you ask, the Squares use noise patch algorithms so their PATCH doesnt stand out to scans"
"They are tough, armor is 8" thick, and being curved makes the projectiles have less impact. ( due to ballistic angles etc )"
"brambles provide covering fire and support to LM, they are part of the hunting packs "

3AA exclusive WWRP packaging:
April - 2009 3aa1a.thApril - 2009 3aa2.th

Ashley Wood about the t-shirt, which comes in the WWRP package and about the previous words, how it's going to drive collectors mad:
"im joking...the shirt well, will cause some heartburn.. im sure.. "

About Large Martin pre-sale:
""actually they have all done well, 3 qtrs of all stock gone..."
"plus we dont want it all gone, we want martin stock for a while, also retailers have ordered stock too. So you can get MArtin from them down the line ! Best sale yet !"
"we dont see sellouts as cool as some,we want to cover costs initially but having stock for people to buy when they can is better for us and you !Well thats the plan at least ! "

Ten more Deep Powder (Mr. Frosty) Large Martins are up for sale at bambalandstore!

New entries at Ashley Wood blog.
First one about very interesting HKVenture show ..can't wait for the results on that one.
And the second one about possible WWR Iphone game, click here to read it.

Not long till new poster will be available at bambaland. To remind you, there is still an available poster at bambaland, for 25$ shipped. Hurry up, it's almost sold out.

3AA packages, including numbered WWRP Desert Bramble, 3AA card and t-shirt is ready to go, check out this beauty...MMMMM...I want to get him, even faster now.

April - 2009 Img4630v.thApril - 2009 Img4636.th

As you probably know, there is a holy grail of 3A figures - Blanc de Plume. This figure can't be bought, it can be received as a gift from 3A, won at the competition or with the Blanc sketch if you are very lucky and your box of 3A toys have it inside.

3A board had and have currently many competition. To remind you, we had: "Photo of the month" and "Sketch of the month contest" . This contests were very popular and many people participated and won Blanc de Plume.

There are two new ones currently: Custom toy competition and Original character competition . Please click the link, read the rules and participate. Give it a try, just check for instance, what is already done before you. Then share your ideas, receive healthy criticism or friendly encouragement, and hell, maybe you will not only have fun time, but receive a Blanc? If you are not trying, you are not winning.
Just don't forget to read the rules.

Ashley Wood about 3AA and cheering up people, who didn't get it:
"when we did 3AA, we didnt know the details, the bot was going to be on a blister card and only have the top portion be articulated etc. We got more members than we thought we we would and thought fuck it, lets makes this a special moment for 3A.. These are finicky packages, the box, the toy, the card, the tshirt all come from multiply sources and bringing it together isnt as easy as it should be. WWRP will hit soon, and there will be other special thingies coming up that if you want you can partake.
We wont forget that peeps basically bought everything sight unseen and had blind faith in us.. !"

Ashley Wood speaking about piloted robot here :
"we have two projects in the works along these lines, ones a colab one is WWR. Who doesnt dig the idea !!
you guys will be pleased !!"

So intrigued about this collaborations...even if it's going to be expensive it's going to be pure treasure.

Info on possible Large Martin chases:
"daywatch if excisting would have "deep 6" for his number...
the numbers are famous regiments, here's a tidbit, my dad was a decorated major in the english army, I lived this shit as a kid, loved it, tanks and shit.."

New bot is announced! Wow, just wow! It's medic bot, called DROPCLOTH model, it's going to be next after Armstrong.
"main medic bot, and the most common of all bots eventually in the WWR-verse are the DROPCLOTH model, the next WWW robot after Armstrong.
An early version was in WWR v1, but he has evolved..."

Sorry guys, he is not ONLY MEDIC. I miss read Ashley on that one.
Here is additional quote:
"you miss read me,
the drop cloth bot is used for everything, from the general soldier to medic. He has a machine gun and a sidearm. Hell there are artificial dropcloth crazies with machete's for the added special touch if needed.."

Now we know the approximate dates for 3A toy super show in Hong-Kong and Ashley Wood art show in Paris.
"November is the zone for HK, dates when we have them.
Late december for the Paris show."

Ashley Wood about Jeremy Geddes and Cosmonaut figure by 3A:
"the cosmo will be so awesome people will gag, jeremy is awesome, he will be doing many things with 3A, and best of all he is a nice guy!
thats very important to 3A and me !
Ill be off now to look at all my geddes paintings... mmm mmmmmm !"

If you don't know who is Jeremy Geddes, click here.

New WWR painting in Ashley Wood's blog, on it we can see, what might be new Bertie MK2 thinner and taller (look at it's comparison with Bramble), Bramble, Large Martin and the Square with pouches.
Click here for this awesomeness.

Ashley Wood speaking about his WWR paintings and toys differences:
"a little reminder, my paintings are not representative of the toys, different mediums and missions. I always abstract, so dont take anything as toy detail etc. the pouches on the square are a "looks cool" moment, but they dont really carry anything."

About WWR game for iphone:
"the first game for the iphone wont be a stradegy, it will rock though.. We move fast !
There will be an all out balls to the wall action game for the big machines too.. dont worry.. "

3AA packages are starting to show up, there is a big surprise on the t-shirts back. Click here for KidAkira (at the bottom) and teK (at the bottom) photos.

Ashley Wood speaking about finishing this WWR painting , oh man it rocks so much!

"its done, its rocks, biggest canvas for WRR so far, yay !
.. Kinda funny the amount of work I put in one illo for a pulpy sci fi book.. im sure most will look at it for 5-10 seconds and move on..."

There would be an opportunity to get WWRP Desert Bramble and maybe a discount. Prepare for the competitions!
"We know some have missed out and want this, we have a few spare and will be offering them as prizes, hell I might even throw in the discount.
The first contest will be live soon, it involves a stencil and your cunning.. more soon. "

Preliminary art by Jeremy Geddes for the cosmonaut box. Click here to see it and read more about it.

Finally we can see the unique painting on the back of 3AA t-shirt, according to Ash, each t-shirt size has the different drawing on it's back. Here is one from Makadi3000 (size Large):
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img520/3743/aaa1.jpg
If you don't want to spoil the "surprise", don't click it.

3A have started the works on the accessory packs for WWR figures. My army of WWR bots, can't wait for new weapons and to taste them on each other.

Two new images of the 3AA t-shirts back, one from akamon and another one from polystyrene.

https://2img.net/h/i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/customeight/DSC05325.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/aka-man/3A/3AA-M.jpg

They both had M sizes, but the images are different. Strange, but COOL! Akamon, I'm officially jealous of your t-shirt!

Large Martin are really close to sellout at bambalandstore.com. If you want one, hurry up.

Dedguy started awesome thread, with photos of 3AA WRRP Bramble, click here to view them or participate.

previous news for this date above

We have an info on WWR Square bots pricing:
10 pack, 9 colorways, one DIY = 220 usd
3 pack ( there are 3 x 3 different 3 packs ) = 90 usd
prices include EMS

Square bot hasn't got any pouches, as for the packs, 10 pack is limited in production, the 3 pack will be the standard pack for retail. 3 pack has its own packaging, 10 pack has it's own.

To remind you, Square bot goes on sale, on 25th of May.

All the additional details, about the Square will be in 3A newsletter. If you haven't signed up for it, click here.

Ashley Wood about the Square:
"its square ( squared )
not square version 2 etc
my fav square is Civil EMGY..he might be yours too"
"there are three set 3 packs, A, B, C, you pick what one you want etc."
"erics right, shipping a single square ems would cost as much as the fig or close, maybe if we ship in volume to retailers, and then it would be blind box, but not from bambaland, 3 and 10 only from us."

Now we know about mysterious Civil EMGY, maybe it's a chase? How do you think guys and girls?

As for the Oyabuns:Yama&Naga, people are probably start receiving them next week.

New image of the 3AA t-shits back, by expathos. Size L. This is probably fifth unique image:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3580/3487003102_df99f4cba2_b.jpg
And last one so far:
https://2img.net/h/i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo309/woober28/3AA02.jpg
Size XL, image done by bribe.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down