World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August - 2009

Go down

August - 2009 Empty August - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:25 am

Time is running so quickly, especially here on 3A boards, with all the excitement and friends around. What we will see this month? Definitely WWR Armstrong release, which will happen approximately during the first week of August and maybe something else too.

To remind you, how our buddy Armstrong looks like and who is he. For start, he is the first (who will we see in 3d) bot who functions on the moon, he is approximately same size as Bertie and has 17" big weapon. The price is - 250$ with shipping included. I think that it's going to be release same time for 3AA and for general audience, like WWRP first wave.

Here are the photos and latest Ashley Wood quotes about him.

August - 2009 Arm1pu9jh5.th August - 2009 Arm3wt5ra8.th August - 2009 Arm2nj7xh4.th August - 2009 Pro3g.th
August - 2009 Armmyq.th

Ashley Wood talking about Armstrong variants and chases:
"no NW or DW armstrong, they are a particular group, it worked for LM and Bramble, I have a an idea for a special armstrong.. but, 3A, we dont do chases !"
"colorways, actually, we have a few, but I dont know which we are selling yet, there is a camo siege commander, standard defence, standard defence commander etc..
we shall know soon.. "

What else we will see this month? My guesses: shipping of Squares worldwide and maybe Boiler Zomb, but that just me. No official words from 3A about it yet.

Now let's talk about Men from N.O.M. super set. Which is going to include N.O.M. commanders : Ashley Wood and Kim! Here is Ashley talking about temperance, release time and how great they would be. People who are here from the start, probably know how legendary this set is. It's all started with the list, when Ash told, that he needs at least 50 people, who want to buy this figure, to make it happen. Of course in little period of time, there was a list far beyond 50 buyers. Ashley mentioned earlier, that first people who were in the list, will get a special card with the figure.

" we are going to try and nail a schedule for you guys, hang in there @"
"we are always changing for the better, its worth the wait !
ill have some shots soon ! "
" its gonna be a cool set! I promise ! "
"very dark, they command the noirs ! "

What we saw so far:
August - 2009 Nom1.th

Couple announcements from Ashley Wood's blog:

So to be clear on WWR
And this is for all you guys who report this stuff !
World War Robot is written and conceived By Ashley Wood and T P Louise. Please spread those facts, not out of date info etc. !

Re Jon Gibson
Some dumbass sites are reporting the rights were sold of a comic by me and Jon Gibson, Jon is an awesome writer but had nothing to do with WWR books or the film deal. wow these guys really nail the facts !

Bambaland isnt forwarding correctly
So please aim your browsers at www.bambalandstore.com not bambaland.com
dunno why this happens but its lame !

WBR !
You guys thought I had moved on from this.... OH NO, WBR !!!! WORLDS BEST ROBOTS !

Since a lot of people asking and want to see the original Men from N.O.M. list, I'm all about listening to the people. So, please click here and see the list.

Original character contest ends soon, you have time till 31st of August. Please click the link , read the rules and participate. Give it a try, just check for instance, what is already done before you. Then share your ideas, receive healthy criticism or friendly encouragement, and hell, maybe you will not only have fun time, but receive a Blanc? If you are not trying, you are not winning.
Just don't forget to read the rules there.

It seems that the WWR Squares will ship to us soon.
" the squares are done, the packaging was dragging, when i get a shipping time ill post."

Ashley Wood about this blog's entry.
" I have been a artist for 18 years, started when I was 20 doing commercial works. It seems like a good time to start part 2 !"

Perfect chance to win something awesome from 3A, previous contests winners got Blanc de Plume (while it was available) and then Gebi de Plume. Two this month contests started: Photo and Sketch contests. Click here to enter the sketch contest and here for the photo contests.
Show us what you got!

Ashley Wood about WWR Armstong release, photos and amounts of the release:
"well..
you guys said space out the releases etc, so we listened, we could put armstrong up for sale weeks ago etc... but we are waiting as we want production in full swing before we sell them, to make the lag way shorter between ordering and shipping.
this is the plan moving forward ! well we will try at least !"
" from now on Gar, all releases will have fixed amounts.. "
"pics... ill post some soon.. really, im updating the blog today with some new product that isnt by me, very cool and almost ready to ship ! plus some snaps of upcoming stuff..
maybe an armstrong... "

We will see something done not by Ash ("ill post some soon.. really, im updating the blog today with some new product that isnt by me, very cool and almost ready to ship "), but available exclusively at bambalandstore.com today + more about info on the release amounts.

"only available at bambalandstore.com gimby
no exact numbers released until ordering is done. or even then.
we will make what we think the numbers will be, but we might make too many, or not enough. you never know right.. "

Very exciting news from Ash's blog:
"Desert Attack Large Martin
Goes on sale first week of September, 100 editions."
You can discuss this awesome WWR bot here.

Ashley speaking about WWR Armstrong:
"re color, well as they are moon based, they are not that colorful, more dark, menacing, corroded is the name of the game !"
" they are dark and menacing !"

More from the 3A production blog:
Square productions shots and shipping info.
"Shipping mid august, but here are some interesting shots of the lil buggers gearing up for war !"
August - 2009 Square2.thAugust - 2009 Square1.thAugust - 2009 Square3.th
Don't know about you, but my eyes seriously hurt after seeing so much awesome bots! Even upside down Smile

Bambaboss DIY is ready to ship too:
"Bambaboss DIY
Should be hitting peoples post boxes starting late this week, remember, paint em up and send 3A the pics !!"

Ashley about Zombbot (Boiler Zombie chase):
" I have to say the zombot is all kinds of goof !"

Shadow Zombie (3AA exclusive) picture from the production blog.
August - 2009 Shadzomb.th

It seems that August is going to be the shipping month for the Boiler Zomb.
Ashley Wood declaring Zombbot (Boiler Zombie chase) the rarest 3A figure ever!
"their in production, august looks like zomb month for shipping, then take into acct logistics etc... Ill say this, anyone scoring a zombot might not only have the greatest and most stupid figure ever by 3A, but probably the rarest ever !"

Lottery for the TTF Bambaboss happened already and winners got personal messages:
"PM's have been sent !
I was not privy to the process sop I have no idea who won.... ! "

We started talking about TTF Bambaboss lottery, now to remind you the rules of the Zombbot lottery:
"the hands are very special !
zomb bot is a chase, 5 will be via email lottery, you have an option to buy if you win, 25 in the wild "
"zombot is the lottery chase,
anybody that bought a zombie will be eligible for a zombot via the lottery
re 3AA shadow zomb, if you bought one, we will not swap out for a chase, only standard figs will be swapped out. 5 zombots will be offered via the lottery, the rest will be randomly put in boxes of standard zombs.
if you get a zombot and dont want it, you can have a zomb of choice !"

What we saw so far:
August - 2009 Zomb1.th

Ashley Wood about quantity of WWR (1/6th scale) Desert variant of Large Martin, which goes on sale in September:
"desert is the most rare... 100 will be the smallest run of LM. "

Ashley Wood speaking about releases quantity and why we haven't seen any WWR Armstrong photos yet:
"im stuck at the moment, out of the studio, no photos... grrr

oh the releases will keep coming monthly, probably better that armstrong is a little later, people dropped some coin on the WWRp wave one !"

From the production blog, info about 3A super show in Hong-Kong, the date is set and it's 6th of November
August - 2009 Hkshow.th
HONG KONG VENTURE DATED
Possibly the greatest art show ever will start on NOV 6th, im pretty sure the chances of ThreeZero, Jeremy Geddes, Ashley Wood, Eric So, Kenny Wong, Colan Ho and Mak Sui Fung ever being present under one roof showing original art, hanging out, dropping exclusive toys ever again are pretty much Zero, so make sure you dont miss it !
More info to come !

Ashley Wood about meeting the fans during 3A art/toy super show in Hong-Kong, he will be there for three days :
"of course, thats why we are having this show, for you guys, like we are gonna say, well thanks for coming... er seeya later !"
"ill be there for three days !"
"ducks on me !"

Ashley Wood tells that there is no deadline for submission to the DIY Bambaboss gallery and drops the DIY de Plume bomb:
"no deadlines, or pressure, the gallery will always be on our website, as a testament to your creativity !

the first year celebrations continue this month with the non-release of DIY de PLUME !"

Ash explain about the non-release and why it's happening in August:
"non-release = not for sale !
but he is released this month !"
"august is because thats when he could be released, the factory, or as we call it, THE HATCHERY, is flat out !"

Ashley Wood about 3A toy/art show in Hong-Kong:
"it means a damn lot to us at 3A that you guys would come over to see us !"
"maybe Kim can get a list of good hotels that are clean and cheap"
"the offices are in Mongkok...kok...... K O K "

Ashley Wood about Desert Attack Large Martin release:
"not a 3A exclusive, a free for all !"
"wish we could make more, but the hatchery time is tight and this stretching it to make these ones, the retailers alone would take em all... but were offering you guys first ! "

About AVA body figures:
"everything is going well, we have Snowpea, two TQ's and Lady Sham on go, the body is in production.."
"im happy to see her made, my fav female character I have conceived !"

Bambaboss DIY photos:
The Boss has started shipping out, we at 3A cannot wait to see what you guys can do, remember to send in photos so it they can take a place of pride in the Online Bambaboss Gallery !
August - 2009 Bb2b.thAugust - 2009 Bb3q.thAugust - 2009 Bb1y.th

Sequence of news about WWRP Bertie MK2 wave:
"new design for the body, thinner, closer to the art etc, different head etc."
"sorry girty, body is thinner, head details are different, legs are different with feet, crotch etc.."
"ded, exactly , the original Bertie is too balanced in the proportion dept, more dynamic like this"
"your right sam, in hand very different, yet the same, he is a Bertie after all !"
"the Deep Powder version looks cool I think you guys will dig !"
"MK3 is the biggest , another half tall, armor plates etc ( has to , at its size its an easy target ), comes in many variations.."
"kinda cool, we have done a bit since the 50 nom de plumes were dropped.. So much more to do, awesome that you guys are along for the ride."
"three eye variant !down the line"
" there will be dirty deeds mk 2"

WWRP Bertie MK2 photos:
Here is a unpainted testshot, sporting the small arms backpack, he also comes with gatling and large ammo backpack etc. Next up is the Bertie MK3, the biggest of the Bertie designs !
August - 2009 Bm21.thAugust - 2009 Bm22.th

You probably remember that Oyabuns Yama&Naga included in the package life size t-shirt (I'm still not sure whether it comes in one size or different sizes, but 3A didn't ask for us to provide sizes). 3A wasn't happy with the quality of the t-shirt and decided to make a better one. And 3A is all about perfection..and perfections takes time. So now t-shirt comes with the awesome Bertie freight containers.

Bertie Tshirt containers
As you guys are gonna have these in hand as of this week and beyond, here it is the Bertie t-shirt container all its glory, with Lasstranaut T inside ! We are going to offer some cool shirts soon, such as the mythic 1/1 Tomorrow King boxed t-shirt collection.
August - 2009 Oya.thAugust - 2009 Bc3i.thAugust - 2009 Bc2.thAugust - 2009 Bc1l.th

3A toys gallery and 3A prototype sections are updated with more new photos.

Ashley Wood about upcoming figure from the Adventure Kartel line: Tommy Mission.
"tommy nixed the tracky suit, it didnt help him land any goth chicks at EMO fest, he is back in jeans and hoody ! he is a great fig, you guys will dig.. but first you gotta experience the BOILER ZOMBBBBBBBB !"
"or is that his twin..
damn I cant remember..."
" of course it was always gonna be that GAR, but Tommys brother doesnt quite get EMO... "

Ashley Wood speaking about WWR Squares packs:
"3 has its on flavor, 10 has its own flavor, singles its own, and the retailer display box has is own pf packaging etc/ similar feel, different applications !"
"first is three pack, but there are slips etc.. well there had better be !"
" also I hope you can see these guys are not that small etc"
"a good handful !"

Ashley Wood about Bertie MK2 and why Bertie MK1 didn't make it to the WWRp:
"what ever I choose, ill choose regarding what or how it will appear, mk1 bertie aint so cool in WWRp coz of the feet issue, who knows what ill do though, im always thinking and changing my mind etc !"
" once we saw the proto with stiff legs we nixed it... we aint too dumb here at 3A.. plus we were thinking a different product back then..."
"the next packs will be multi for MK2, plus mixture sets of different bots etc.."

Squares in their element:
August - 2009 Hatch1.thAugust - 2009 Hatch2.thAugust - 2009 Hatch3.thAugust - 2009 Hatch4.thAugust - 2009 Hatch5.th

The Boiler Zomb's prototype packaging.
As we all know the Boiler Zomb is the first release in the grand ongoing adventure that is aptly named, ADVENTURE KARTEL!
The AK line will double in size soon with the release of TOMMY MISSION, Emo of Adventure...
August - 2009 Zombbox.thAugust - 2009 Zombbox2.thAugust - 2009 Zombbox3.th

Ashley about Shadow Zombie packaging, which would be pretty much like the one above:
"same box with sticker stating BEWARE SHADOW ZOMB INSIDE etc, there are not enough Shadow Zombs to warrant the printing of a different box.."

Ashley about the singles and retailer displays sets of the Squares:
"ill find out where they are being sold... I hope somewhere, kinda sad that the single squares are homeless for now...sniff sniff"
"once we have a number, ill offer some retailer display sets, but a Im not 100% on how many are left, so im keeping it on the burner for now..."

Shipping dates for the WWR Squares are set:
"mid august is the official timeframe for shipping, though Asia and Australia and surrounding areas will get them a little ealier"

Please check the news for this date above, including shipping dates for the WWR Squares.

Ashley speaking about next Adventure Kartel (first figure in the line was Boiler Zombie) - Tommy Mission.
"the tracky is the official garb of the Kartel, Tommy is to cool for such rules.."
"but I didnt say you couldnt get a tommy in a tracky... either...."

Exciting news about 3A clothing, life size t-shirts, the same which 3A released and much beloved figures Tomorrow Kings had . You can check their outfits and pictures of the 3A Tomorrow kings in the our board gallery of 3A toys.
"there will be set amounts of each size, say 100 small box sets, 100, medium boxsets etc.
We cannot make shirt sizes to order, it just doesnt work, plus we are making them in advance etc. "

And finally sale of the WWRP First wave, which were open for a long period of time at the www.bambalandstore.com , is closing soon.
"its not open anymore, actually gonna pull it soon.. even a major success for us is really small in reality regarding numbers..."

Ashley about Tomorrow kings t-shirt sizes, buy one for yourself and one for your boyfriend or girlfriend:
"i want to offer all sizes !!"

Ashley Wood about Square, Zombbot (Boiler Zomb chase) and the lottery:
"Not too long actually, had quite a few to make... biggest selling figure yet, cant compete with the square production size, due to the many variations in number, but as a single fig, its the top seller !! 10x what we thought....

Zombot is wearing the head boiler zomb comes with, very existential to come with your own head to carry... but on a completely collector level of thinking, I want that fucking head you promised payup 3A, I get that too ! Of course the chance of zombot in the packs is 2% or so lets not get too worried.

We shall conduct a Zombot raffle of boiler zomb purchasers on the eve of shipping !!"

Ashley about Square retail pack (more like a big box actually) and chances of chases inside:
"it would blow to buy a retail pack and not get a NW... or daywatch etc... risky stuff... But history favors the brave Mr T Feet !
ha.. only joking it will probably cost less to just buy on ebay what you need !"

So much cuteness! Square retailer box:
August - 2009 Hatch6.thAugust - 2009 Hatch7.thAugust - 2009 Hatch8.th

Can somebody experienced in painting toys, please devote his time and start thread about painting DIY toys from 3A, from the basics. There is DIY Square, DIY Bambaba, DIY de Plume and maybe many more in future. I think it would be very useful to cover some FAQ and essentials about it.

And this project started, that's what I love most about our board. Things happen! Ennui did great work there, big thanks to him for that.
Please feel free to share your knowledge and experience with our boardies. Let's all help each other to make great Bambaboss gallery and etc. WIP (work in progress) photos are very welcomed too. I know that we have a lot of great customizers and toy painters here, like nizzit, dedguy, NWO, CrisR and many others!

Click here for this FAQs.

DIY Bambaboss will start arriving at the door all over the world (somewhere faster though) any day now.

Behold! 3A brings you WWR Armstrong Lunar Security!
August - 2009 Amsd.thAugust - 2009 Armbamba.thAugust - 2009 Arms2m.thAugust - 2009 Arms3l.th

Previous news for this date and photos of Armstrong are above.

Ashley about variants, drop date (possibly this Friday) weapons and the appearance of the WWR Armstrong:
" glad you guys dig, hopefully friday will be the day he goes up, but I need to lock down stuff so it might slide ~ Armstrong has landed !"
" he is a bulky boy !"
" not really small, you will see... the arms, hands have never been seen, all new"
" im trying to think how I can justify a deep powder version, desert etc...................................................... "
" there is a very dark, almost black version, im just not sure if we are gonna offer it.. "
" I like it, there are no colorful versions of Armstrong, he doesnt do colorful... always skulking in craters looking for mercs and naughty children.. I like to think he is like dinosaurs were when I was kid, dull greys and greens, no girly colors or feathers !"
" balance is good, even holding the gun out front...."
" nope just moon versions, rothchild dont do no parades or fancy pants versions.."

One more photo of the Armstrong, where we can see his face.

August - 2009 Arms4.th

Keep in mind that Lunar Camo Armstrong seen here (and above) without decals etc.
He is same height as Bertie 1/6th, or maybe a smidge taller.

Armstong is using projectile 17" long gun! Couple new quotes about our hero of the day Armstrong:
" im proud of him, damn it, i have to do a dirt white variant for myself... cant resist !"
"we dont give out run numbers... but they will be similar to Bramble numbers.
we are not making any toys to order numbers anymore, everything is a pre-set amount to help us get ahead of production."
" A variant im gonna try is decals, not the main ones, but affiliation, numbers, small stuff that you might not notice etc A way to change it up with out radically messing with the product etc.. or I might just make a bright yellow bumble bee stripped fucker and send it to GAR !"

There will be a set number of WWR Armstrong produced, quantity the same as Bramble. Here is Ashley talking about numbers, variants of Armstrong (two + one for now) and lots of others things about him. Only forty White Engineer Armstrong would be available:
" there is a set amount del, so it could be day or a week, depends on how they do.. same sort of numbers as a bramble"
"in production, plastic and vinyl parts are made first, to specified numbers etc"
" gun is fine, its just the pose.."
"probably just singles as there is a finite amount, and ganging them in packs cuts numbers available too much...
2 colorways plus White Engineer Armstrong, unseen probably as I just thought this up. it will be really limited etc.. "
"only 40 white will be available its too late in the game to make more.. "

Our boardies started to get their DIY Bambaboss:

Here is a video of Bambaboss from the blog of our Singapore boardie - 3AAAsiao.

Plus there are more photos here on the board (scroll down please) from our other boardie - Fuelreaver.

As well couple of Squares photos from his blog.

August - 2009 Sq1j.thAugust - 2009 Sq2r.thAugust - 2009 Sq5v.th

3AAAsiao about Squares articulation:
"the articulations are fantastic, i could turn the head, the legs joints in two parts so i can make it sit down....here's another pic...please excuse my excitements...heh and also the paint job is incredible...."
One more photo from him:
August - 2009 Sq6.th

New 3A site would be up late next week! So excited about it!
"the new 3A website launches late next week, get those Bamba's painted, the gallery of Bamb needs filling !!!"

Ashley about Armstrong variants, their appearance and release time:
"two releases plus ash's fancy
half of run_Camo strike
half of run_Shadow guard
and the white one... 40 only"
"probably monday my time, I dont want to rush it, need to also pimp the info and news, that takes time to get out into the ether"
"white is dirty , rusty and weathered !!!"

Please check out previous news for this date above.

Bertie freight containers with the Oyabuns t-shirt starting to reach our boardies. One of the first who got them and posted the photos, was our boardie gar. Here are the photos:

August - 2009 Photo376.thAugust - 2009 Photo375.thAugust - 2009 Photo383n.thAugust - 2009 Photo382.th

Here you can talk about the t-shirt and try to swap sizes, as people are getting the sizes by random.

Ashley speaking about Armstrong White Engineer variant numbers:
"20 white for 3AA, 20 for 3A"

Ashley Wood commenting on the question, about Berties at the Sideshow shop:
"you know, I dont know what sideshows status is, I would send an email asking for an exact answer istead of probably, ill aslo ask our people whats up, but its not a 3A thing."
"all orders have been dispatched, its all in sideshows hands !"

About our speculations on the WWR bot "DROPCLOTH", which you can read and make in this thread.
"you guys make too many assumptions looking at the back of a prototype...."

Talking about WWR Square chases, here is awesome Day Watch Square. If you will get one and don't want it, remember, that Gimby is a vampire and LOVES bats. Haha.
August - 2009 Dwsq.th

DIY de Plume box! As Ashley said earlier about him:
"the first year celebrations continue this month with the non-release of DIY de PLUME !"
So the box is ready and the DIY de Plume is ready! Now we need to see some photos from the 3A hatchery.
August - 2009 Diyz.th

Ashley answering about new Bertie freight containers and new t-shirts from 3A:
"as in different bots gimby, well they have to have a bodyshape like bertie etc, ill change heads and color for now !
3A is going to release a classic WWR shirt very soon, that will come in a container !"
"different T-shirts in the future will have different colors and configs..."

Ashley about Armstrong release time:
"the flu has bumped it, 48 hours or so..."
So I guess instead of Monday, it's 48 hours later? Let's wait for more officials announcements.

WWR Squares shipping started, here is Ashley talking about that:
"they have started, on their missions"

New monthly theme at 3A production blog, could it be new sculpts for the Tomorrow kings?

August - 2009 3aaugy.th

We can speculate all we want about it here.

Ashley about that photo above and couple of old quotes about Heavy TK's:
"not tq's, they are tks, remember tks are clones, they all look the same ! they are HeAvy Tk's."
"no big sword, big fucking RPG, they take down heavy Mortis Bots..
it will hopefully come with a big bot part too !
long pants, and long sleeve, very cool !"
"he has a different roll, normal tks jump around and need free flowing shorts, heavy tk's dont really run around.. I might make a short variant, but longs are the go "
"yup a big gun.. well RPG"

Previous news for this date above.

It's all about Armstrong now!

Comparison with Bertie:
August - 2009 Armstrongcomp.th

Armstrong is 14,8 inches tall! What a lovely size for such a monster!

Ashley talking about it:
" and bigger than bertie, I could have sworn they were closer in size.."

Here is Armstrong Lunar Camo and Armstrong Shadow Guard, shown without final decals:
August - 2009 Armsquare.thAugust - 2009 Armcombo.thAugust - 2009 Shadowd.thAugust - 2009 Camoi.th

Ashley previously mentioned that Armstrong release numbers will be divided in two half (one for each variant) + 40 White Engineers.

Here is paint details on the White Engineer Armstrong:
August - 2009 Enginj.th

Ashley answering on the question, who will Armstrong fight with:
"all bots bot work on the moon.."

Ashley about Armstrong release time and Armstrong thrusters:
"im gonna try and have these drop 9-00am my tuesday, so thats 4pm pacific time I think? off the top of my head etc..
more info soon !"
"tomorrow, see im not all there yet, super tired..... like really tired..."
" om not if I have mentioned, all the thrusters can swivel and move etc"

So for now the release time is 18th August 9.00am Melbourne time
$250 usd, price includes shipping, limited numbers. Get Armstrong at www.bambalandstore.com

Here you can see all the time zones and find the one you live in, to establish the release time of Armstrong. But keep in mind what Ashley said about the release time above.

Newsletter is out and WWR Armstrong is available at www.bambalandstore.com right now. 250$ with the shipping included in the price.

Here is Ashley Wood speaking about writing in the German on 3A figures:
" im half german too guys..."

About Armstrong White Engineer limitations:
" one rare per person, ill just cancel otherwise, way too limited for hoarding !"
" one per account.. i cant police beyond that"

Ashley Wood about Armstrong variants and fans support of the 3A:
" they are all cool, none are better than the other, run size doesnt mean shit ! its about which one speaks to you. buying coz its limited is a fools game !"
" well thanks for the support, 3A is always thankful !"
" shadow is the most popular so far, so your in company B2W"

Ashley commenting this unofficial Armstrong White Engineer photo photoshoped by our boardie zzzzz:
August - 2009 Unofficialwe.th

"zzzzzzzzzzzzz is on it"
"that is mainly a 3A photo of the engineer, so yea it will look like that, as it is that. or sumin like that"
" you know the engineer main body image is a photo from 3A of the engineer Del, right, so yea, thats what it will look like."

Ashley about offering more WWR Armstrong White Engineers for sale and about the sale results:
"if I had em, I would.. really"
"they have sold super well !!"

In the meantime there are plenty of Armstrong Shadow Guards and Lunar Camo available at the www.bambalandstore.com, there are very cool bots and desperately looking for the new and loving owners. Look into their eyes and think..can you resist them?

Ashley about DIY de Plume vouchers:
"they get dropped in a random manner into toyboxes, all the info needed is on them..."
So for instance, you open the WWRp box, see DIY de Plume voucher, getting crazy happy! Read the instructions, make the photos, send to 3A and wait for the DIY de Plume to arrive.

Ashley about limitations and next 3AA exclusives:
"it will change from sale to sale, the next 3AA exclusive is coming up soon !"

Photo of the Daywatch WWRp Bramble from the production blog:
August - 2009 Dwb.th
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

August - 2009 Empty Re: August - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:25 am

Please check previous news for this date above

Ashley Wood about random swaps of 3A figures:
"nope the days of the random swap out are ending, too many complaints and issues ! we will probably offer major variations at retail from now on. the DW and NW WWRp were a 3AA thing"
" there will be minor variations to look for,but the day of the complete swap out are over, unless its blindbox."

Finally news about legendary WWR set - Men from N.O.M.

August - 2009 Nom1q.th

Ashley about them:
" not realistic head sculpts at all... that would be just too creepy.. put it this way, you guys are gonna display with masks on !"
" nahh, masks on, the faces are a bit of fun !"
"not quite yet greg-ory, we dont want to rush etc
who said they are alter-egos "
"before christmas"
"the nom are a general release !
our release list always changes, next month is looking good though !"

Next month is looking good? How good? I have in mind only WWR Desert Attack Large Martin..

We will soon see Bertie MK2 and lil Squares in the WWRp
"Bertie MK2 and lil squarez very soon !"

Soon we will see new 3A site up and ready:
" soon you will be able to upload your bambaDIY photos to our new website !"

WWR Squares are starting to show up in the UK!

Ashley about the Squares:
" glad you guys are digging, they seem to be doing good, nice for 3A !!"

Photo by our boardie jonn:

August - 2009 Img0611h.th

Ashley dropping bombs about Men from N.O.M. looks:
"oh they are dark-black-noir"
"these guys make NOIR look girly......."

Don't know about you, but I'm more than impressed!

Ashley's advice if you have problems with Square joints or damages:
"contact candy@three-zero.com send a photo and your order #. Im not sure we have anything left to swap it with but its worth asking .. gotta watch those sticky joints ! hit em up with heat if they are sticking"

And from my personal experience with 3A toys, please be gentle with them, don't apply force and as Ashley said, hit them up with heat. It must help!

Adventure Kartel figure - Tommy Mission shoes, from the production blog:

August - 2009 Tommyshoe.th

Very unusual looking 20" toys in 3A Showcase: United planet by Mak Siu Fung and Colan Ho.  I like the divine and childish look of them, this are certainly worth checking out! 3A is presenting fresh and new artists to us! Coming to us in 12" scale soon too. You can discuss them here.

August - 2009 Ad2l.thAugust - 2009 83904326.th

Ashley speaking about the artists and United Planet toys:
"they are cool, these guys are SUPER talented... wait till you see the 12 inchers !!!"
"no lok,but I agree, they look like the playmobil I wanted as a kid !"
"there gonna be huge !!!!"

WWR Armstrong White Engineer first official photos. Lookin' damn nice and hot! To remind you there were only forty of them, instantly sold out, even without the photos. 3A has a remarkable and trusting fans. Btw, Armstrong Lunar Camo and Shadow Guard are still on sale at www.bambalandstore.com, don't sit on this, they maybe gone soon!

August - 2009 Theeginneer.th

Time to remind about couple of things:
If you are new to 3A or simply want to go through the photos, don't forget about fun and interesting sections such as 3A prototype and teaser photos and 3A catalog info.

August Toy Photo thread ends soon, have you entered there already? What about August Sketch thread , have you checked it out? A lot of great entries there.

Production blog info about first 3A poster:
"3A poster #1 restocked, not many left ! Goto Bambalandstore to grab one."
25$, size 16"x40", thick paper, matt varnish, shipping included, what else do you need to know?

Here is beautifully framed 3A poster #1, by our boardie x43x

August - 2009 Img2963ehn.th

Keep in mind that Original character contests ends this month too. Don't you want to get some sweet prizes from 3A?

Ashley says that you don't have to pay for entrance to visit 3A Toy/Art Super Show in Hong-Kong, which will take place on the 6th of November. Click here for more info.

Ashley speaking about Adventure Kartel figure Tommy Mission and dropping the bomb about special variant/chase Boiler Tommy .
"no tracksuit. Tommy dont rock them,if you want Tommy in a tracky, make one or buy one for him..."
"Boiler Tommy is funny.... what..should not have mentioned...gah, it is saturday here.. that is the first official 3A saturday cat outta da bag moment !"

Very wise Ashley Wood's comment about limited variants:
"we will never sell more limited figs for higher prices, we will only inform you guys of numbers when the for sale quota is really low so you can get in early if your interested.
there isnt an issue here, everyone has different ways of collecting, just remember to open and enjoy, fuck the value, life is too short, ENJOY!"

Some quick snaps of a WWRp (1/12th scale) Frosty Bramble and Marine, both are production models, without pouches, they come with pouches. Both are coming via WWRp First Wave, which was sold out recently.

August - 2009 Frostybramb.thAugust - 2009 Marinebramb.th

Ashley speaking about WWRp First Wave and how 3A does business:
"3A is a whole, everybody wins when its a good toy.
just for the record re WWR, I design the bots, do the technical illo's, design the logos and the paint and color schemes, master Lok paints em up all cool, he is super good, and its not just how it looks, but how the process is done... Then the Hatchery make it happen under MAster Kim's control, his understanding of the process make it a reality for everyone !
We are a team, no one could do this as a individual! 3A fucking rules...!"
"also you guys show the appreciation by buying this gear, it keeps the machine working, allowing us all to keep making this a reality ! It does not go un-noticed by me, Kim or the many peeps helping make these !"
"3A is like Factory records.. go read about them to figure it out..
You guys will not be disappointed by these bots..
The single boxes are cool too, very different to what you seen so far for WWRp, the 6pack packaging is killer... !"
"three singles make a three pack."

Ashley about WWRp singles at the Sideshow store:
"singles of all styles should be readily available at Sideshow, I would hit them up when shipping occurs... we dont have the set up to handle sales of singles !"

Ashley about having more TK's Oyabuns:
"more Oyabuns you say....."

Ashley about AVA (female body from 3A) and commenting on the creepy realistic female figures:
"thats a creepy figure !!
if thats what you expect from us then you will be sad...
Im not trying to make realistic toy female bodies... "

My 3A brothers and sisters who are going or thinking whether to go or not, to the 3A art/toy Super Show in Hong-Kong, please check this thread. There is a very interesting proposal, how to make this unforgettable experience, even more cool!

Please check out new awesome art at Ashley's blog.
Ash talking about it:
" its a work in progress, I have many of them... , part of my GOSPEL according to POPBOT series..."

There will be glow in the dark figures in Adventure Kartel line:
"Kartel will have it all!"

Ashley about DIY de Plume vouchers in WWRp Bramble First Wave:
"hence why we dont mention anything about nada.. there might be, or might not..."

Answering how 3A does things now:
"Everything is done in-house since bertie MK1, no outside help, no bigshot etc."

previous news for this date above

Ashley Wood about Adventure Kartel - fighting JC figure. More info here.

"he is coming, sometimes figs take longer than expected to get right, as we have no reall pressure, we just bump and keep working on them.. we have many figs in dev, some go quicker etc..
He is a great fig, cant wait for the TOMMY-JC christmas PACK !"

August - 2009 24410537.th

More info from Ash about Christmas packs earlier (above) mentioned by Ash, including info about seven figures big set:
" no santa hats, we have a couple of christmas sets planned, they wont becalled that, but that is their intention, next year is long way of, but there will be many cool figures different stuff !"
" released around christmas, as they would make great christmas gifts.. one set is BIG !!!!"
" seven figures big...."

Ashley about release dates of the Sea Monkey figure by Kenny Wong:
"sea monkey, well that is in kenny Wongs hands !"

New photos of the WWRp Euro Bramble (from the WWRp First Wave), with decals, but without the pouches. I think that Euro 24 looks HOT!
Text from the blog:Euro 24 WWRp, seen here without the pouches, your Euro will be rocking pouches when he arrives for duty at your house.

August - 2009 Img7765r.thAugust - 2009 Img7761y.thAugust - 2009 Img7764.th

Ashley commenting high prices at the shops, who bought WWRp for the re-sale and giving his advice:
"thats a high price, too high, and considering they get them wholesale, damn !!!
go the sideshow for singles!"

3A site in his full beauty would be up in the next 48 hours and everybody could sent a photo of his customized DIY Bambaboss or simply his 3A toys for the galleries:
"nice work guys...
The 3A website will be up in the next 48 hours, you will be able to upload bamba's and shots of 3A toys for the user galleries.. cant wait to see them !"

Info from 3A production blog, about 3A t-shirt coming on sale in the Bertie container.
"The First 3A T-shirt to be sold will go onsale this week to celebrate the opening of the new 3A website, you get the Classic 3A T-shirt and Vinyl container for 50 bucks shipped via EMS ! Fuck what a deal !
There will be 4 sizes, small, medium, large and XX large. each size has a limited number of available shirts, so be early to get your size! "

Ashley about the container:
"it a bertie container, gotta use that mold !"

August - 2009 3atf.th

You can talk about the t-shirt here on the board.

New art in the Ashley's blog, click here to see it.

Ashley about possibility of delaying the t-shirt launch (because people are asking for the measurements and 3A always listens), which is marking the celebration of the new 3A site:
"we will have measurements soon, ill try and offer all sizes I can, BUT this shit will hold back offering them today... "

Ashley about Boiler Zomb packaging. If you don't remember we were promised to get a small comic, to read more about this character and a poster:
"Poster one side, comic the other with boiler...."
"well its a very short story, if you can call it that, its a introduction piece, part of the vibe man ! The box size, format etc is the new standard 3A fig box.. the box isnt as small as your thinking, im not going all gijoe on ya.... soon you will see !"
"the poster/comic sheets cost, , they are not A4 lil cheapo things, one size fits all this time, Boiler, shadow, zombot all have the same !

Latest news about Lunar de Plume, he is going to see the light, as another project. More essential data about DIY (do it yourself) de Plume.
"DIY PLUME is the last plume, comes in his standard plume box
Im not making more plumes, thought about it, here are enough, the Lunar idea doesnt work for him, its morphed into sumin else.
the four so far all make sense in his mythos, anything else is forced and im not going there."

More news from this date are above (featuring awesome news about DIY de Plume)

Ashley answering if four de Plumes, 3A five years anniversary set is happening:
"hopefully.. 4 years is a long time juan"

Ashley about future releases and 3A plans:
" well, I have more ideas than WWR, more wars to wage... it works better there."
"many more bots, the whole popbot universe is left to do, really different style of bot there.
and others..."
"yes to WWRp de plume, just making such small pouches outta cloth is a bitch!"
"the WWRS de plume is best @"
"I wonder how many DIY de PLUMES we could have sold ?"
"no, i was just wondering, DIY is a grey area, some peole want it, some think its a cheap way of selling unpainted shit...
just wondering !"

Ashley about sudden possibility of DIY de Plume going on sale:
" i might put 5 or 10 up randomly on bambaland just to fuck with ya Smiley"
"not today, I mean really random, over the weeks and months"

DIY de Plume would be limited to 75 pcs and probably (in my opinion) not for sale.
"75 available as gifts and prizes..."
"i will ! I hope you guys are painting squares and bamba's, the site is up this week, it needs your work !!"
"its coming ~~~~"

MERC and Medic Bramble from the WWRp First wave, shown without the pouches. I must say that I absolutely love MERC Bramble.

August - 2009 Medic1.thAugust - 2009 Medic2s.thAugust - 2009 Merc1i.thAugust - 2009 Merc2q.th

Ashley about his collaboration with Coarsetoys:
"mark is great artist and chap, our collab will combine what we both do and birth something new..."

Ashley about MERCS in general and more MERCS in future (at this point we had the WWR chase: Square Merc and WWRp Bramble MERC):
"yup, mercs are all different, colors and markings. Merc groups come from all over , so expect languages and color schemes to change. Merc's dont have much hardware beyond squares, berties and brambles!
6 pack packaging is very cool.
single is cool too."
"dutch mercs... do they exist ?"
"give enough time ill probably cover every country !"

In the meanwhile awesome WWR Armstrong is still available for sale at www.bambalandstore.com

Here is the size chart for the 3A t-shirt, which comes on sale tomorrow (in the Bertie freight container), to celebrate the site launch. There are 100 of each size.
"here is the size chart in CM's for our shirts, so you can ponder your size choice !!
there will 100 of each size.
onsale probably tomorrow, for the web launch etc."

August - 2009 3ateesize1.thAugust - 2009 3atf.th

This size chart would be relevant to all the upcoming t-shirts from the 3A. Here is Ashley talking about it and about the time t-shirts goes on sale:
"dunno, just winging it ~
there might be some other surprizes too... not sure yet ~! "
"bambaland is a retail site, threeaonline is a company site!
that is the shirt szie chart from now on, those are the shirts we are using, everything before is not relevant anymore ! "

Great video from our boardie SilentStage , how to solve a problem if you have stuck joints on your WWR Square.

Ashley about the time t-shirts going on sale at www.bambalandstore.com
"dont sweat em, if they sell super quick we will make more.. eventually !
cant say when they will be up, my saturday sometime.."

For your information, it's already Saturday morning in Australia.

3A t-shirts are up for sale at www.bambalandstore.com and come in four different sizes: S, M, L, XL. Each one comes with the black Bertie and there are only 100 of each size. Price: 50$. Go get them now!

Check out this 3A blog's entry too.
Text from the blog:
Fifty bucks shipped, includes Black Bertie container, the orange is used here for two reasons, it looks cool juxtaposed against the black tee, and I dont have a black one ! Ships mid September via EMS ! 100 of each size available !!

3A t-shirts are up for sale at www.bambalandstore.com and come in FIVE different sizes: S, M, L, XL and XXL. Each one comes with the black Bertie and there are only 100 of each size. Price: 50$. Go get them now!

Updated size chart for the 3A t-shirt (chart is in cm, not inches!), now with XXL!
August - 2009 3ateesize.thAugust - 2009 3atf.th

There is still a possibility of some surprises related with the 3A new site launching:
"maybe... "

Last day of summer for us. I know that 3A will bring a lot of happiness in next three month, to protect us from the autumn rains and cold.

Ashley about the (possible?) release date of the WWR Desert Large Martin (limited 100 pcs):
"just playing around with a desert LM this weekend !"

Ashley about 3AA exclusives:
"the reality is, yes, its pretty much impossible to make an exclusive 100% new bot toy just for 3AA. The bots cost 100k + to dev, add in production of each bot, packaging and shipping, its super tight as is to break even offering everyone.
So all large bots will be offered to everyone, not just 3AA.. "

Ashley about the t-shirt prices and haters:
"who cares what haters or negative people say, we make nothing on this Thsirt deal, so fuck anyone who says otherwise. People wanted shirts, fine, we could have sold them for 20 bucks each and charged you the shipping from within bambaland based on your locale, minimum it has to be EMS to track and control it, its 35 bucks on average around the world from HK. throw in container and tshirt at cost, AT COST and you pretty much cover if not exceed the 50 dollar tag."
" you know I dont mind or care if people say our shit sucks, really couldnt, but when people comments on biz practice or price of 3A, and 99% of the time these tools dont do shit or have any idea of how it really is, that FUCKS ME OFF. Opinion isnt worth shit unless you have knowledge of the situation."

New 3A site is ready and working!
Best painted and customized DIY Bambas, have chance to be rewarded with the DIY De Plume!
"prepare your photographs of 3A DIY and toys people, the webby need em, under 1 meg each please !
link soon "
" er bamba DIY. toy photos of 3A .. good stuff will get DIY de PLume !"

Ashley about the site and what to do if it's not working:
"load times will be better when the site isnt being hammered, we will optimize as we go this week.
it isnt a site for spindly lil adsl lines though Smiley
venture magazine is for the phat-pipe impaired !
for spaces use _"
" The website is the work of a super talented guy named Darius, we at 3A are lucky to have his skills on the team !"
"upload some photos guys !!!"
"if shit dont work, clear your cache and reload.
it will get better as the system shakes out ! "
" re newsletter >> it works, you are probably blocking pop ups"

Black Bambaboss, which was unexpectedly offered at bambalandstore.com, as a surprise, to celebrate sites launch. You can view the discussion thread here. As you see everything moves pretty fast around 3A.
"black was a go since the red bamba, one more to go.....
then bamba is gone ! "
"no camo's something simple, asked for and cool, never done at 3A, cmon that's obvious now !
More surprises over time on stuff, major releases need a heads up for obvious reasons, but smaller stuff will get dropped like this."
"50 black onsale today, have a small number for another day
DIY, thats a secret ! "
"well I dont want people flipping with stories of rare etc...
but in truth, our biggest selling toys are still are small runs in the scheme of things. "
" final ones are up.. that was quick, i was hoping to haev them in stock for a while.."
"final load is up, course unpaid and shit will tricle through"
"bambalad for articulated, not bambaboss. next colorway is last colorway for bambaboss"
"couple left after non paying orders got nixed.. "

Here is black Bamba himself:
August - 2009 Blackfront3a.th
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down