World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February - 2010

Go down

February - 2010 Empty February - 2010

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:06 am

February 2010

January was a wild month! Regular and surprise releases of Adventure Kartel Tommy Mission, WWR Dropcloth madness (with more surprise releases, of DW/NW/DIY pack), 3AA renewal for the existing members and massive growth of 3A community, with the fresh blood who joined 3AA club on the 15th of January.

What is the hatchery cooking for us for February? First let's talk about shipping, in the February WWRp Berties Mk2 7pack would be shipped to the lucky owners and after (or closer to) the Chinese New Year (14th of February) we would know the shipping dates for the Men from N.O.M and Berties MK2 Dirty Deeds packs, plus probably Peaceday Dropcloth aka XMAS release. Next week, Chinese New Year Tomorrow Queens will be shipped to the 10 super lucky owners, who managed to bought them at bambalandstore and to people, who 3A consider their friends.

WWRp Berties 7pack:

February - 2010 7b1.thFebruary - 2010 7b2.th

Chinese New Year Tomorrow Queen:

February - 2010 Th_cny21February - 2010 Th_cny12February - 2010 Th_cny31

NW&DW Dropcloths:

February - 2010 63597712.thFebruary - 2010 Dwdc225x300.th

What about releases you may ask? The only confirmed release for February is WWRp Large Martin packs. There would be four packs, which would not be themed packs, but mixed ones. They would consist of 1 Damn Large Martin (Large Martin with two guns), 1 Large Martin and 1 Bramble with the RPG, price: 130$ per pack (prior to 3AA discount). And there would be 3AA pack, which would consist of NW, DW and DIY double cannon Large Martin. Large Martins sales date: 19th of February, at Bambalandstore.

February - 2010 Photo64s.thFebruary - 2010 Wwrpmartins.th

Ashley mentioned earlier that next Popbot releases are going to be Tomorrow Queens and Popbot itself. So perhaps February will see some of that action as well?

The most important news, now we know the date and the location for massive 3A show in Beijing! 25th of June, 2010 - Sanlitun Village. You got to be there, 'cause Venture MK2 in Hong-Kong is going to take place only in 2011. At the show would be lots of goodies, featuring 1:1 Squares, lots of art, and perhaps even a HUGE Large Martin and it was mentioned briefly about Devil bot head full of 1/12th size TKs, plus Phil Hale...and I'm sure it's not even the tip of the iceberg!

February - 2010 49130544.th

Remember DIY de Plume contest, about which I wrote in January? Well, it's closed for admissions and soon the judging procedure will start and we would know, who would be lucky five DIY de Plume owners. Click here to see the entries.

As for all our new members, welcome to the board and click here, if you are new and lost.

I hope you will not only have a great time here and fall in love with 3A spirit and collectibles, but find lots of friends and alike thinking people, with whom you can share everything.

Repeat of the last days news

Guys I'm giving it one last day, for all new and existing 3AA members, who haven't posted in this thread, to provide their t-shirt size and 3AA card desired name. After it, the threads are going to be locked. You can also check the summary for the t-shirt sizes, to avoid double postings and same goes for the 3AA desired card names summary.

31.01-01.02

Here you can see Ashley's office floor, WWRp Large Martin and WWRp Squares, next to 1/6th scale TK's:

February - 2010 Photo64s.th

Ashley about WWRp Large Martin sale dates, packs and that there would be 1/12th size TK's released at some point in future:
"19th feb martin day
each pack will contain:
1 damn large martin
1 large martin
1 RPG bramble
130 per pack, 4 different packs
enjoy"
"nw/dw/diy set for 3AA"
"no squares, thats a bertie thing"
"mixed packs"
"those are 1/6th tk's, but yea, 1/12tk's are coming !"
"i confirm nothing~"
"already posted that shot a while back, he is exactly the right size, half the big one"
"i know what he meant, I had a pick of the damn large martin proto with a mini bramble and bertie on the forum"
"if I had it handy I would post it
ill take some new shots with them all running around together ! so you can see his large ass"
"NW/DW/DIY martin set for 3AA
which would have a NW martin , DW martin and DIY double canon martin in it"
"its bramble with an rpg.
depending on the chinese holiday it might be iffy, but I suspect no one will doubt our shit, and miss out on a exclusive bambaland RPG bramble coz they cant see it ! the rpg that is"
"rpg bramble is a bramble with a rpg, heavy bramble would be called... heavy bramble"

New art in Ashley's blog and info:
progress is being made on the ashley wood gallery ( dont forget to subscribe to the newsletter , link on the blog somewhere ).. the world seen through nudes and robots will be upon us soon !
Here you can subscribe for the newsletter.

February - 2010 Ashnew.th

Ashley about this painting and talking with people in his art thread:
"its a cracker, took FOREVER to get right... but thats painting baby!"
"dude, i always painting, i dont show it, coz I guess I dont have to
ill show em all done at my new site thats in the works
these pieces are the best, not for anything but love of it, not a cover, illo, comic etc.. just coz I want to ."

About 1:1 Square, prices, variants, shipping and Ghost Square:
"3 squares are gone. 14 left !"
"dibs, i only takes souls !"
"there are 20, maybe, depends if we make em all, lot o work
im keeping with that 3 are mine, 3 are sold, ergo 14 left, based on the conjecture that there will be 20. there could be only 10 which means 4 left."
"ghost hunter square..."
"GH square aint really a part of the WWR world, but has meaning to sumin new."
"if you wnt to secure cool, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY AND TAKE IT NO BUTS.. long as you understand that cool,, reserve away!"
" we can arrange shipping, buyer has to pay, but we can probably get better deals through out contacts."
"costs have not been stated, dont know yet.. it will be lower than some would think, and higher than some would think"
"800 bucks
they will all be at the show.
im only gonna reserve one or two more.."
"yea, as always I wanna get them into yoru hands, not count the money..
I wanna see peoples smile, and say, hey fucker, thats my squae in bejing.. thats the art of this"
"fibreglass.. good quality stuff"

Ashley posting in the 2000 AD thread, about his tastes, new figs and etc:
"anything going for 30 odd years will have shit periods..
Im a fan of the first 500 big time, then stuff like Zenith later on, bisleys abc warrios, big dave.
but im an oldschool fan, digging the oldschool characters and creators."
"covers, pin up for 2000ad, stories and cover for megazine, long time ago !
im going to use a combo of art for packaging, you shall see."
"some figures represent a very focused idea, say Apocalypse War Dredd, that has a lot of cool art to choose for packaging and would be very apt."
"we can arrange that"

31.01-01.02
Lots of previous news for this date are above

DIY de Plume contest is closed for judging, check out the entries, there are a lot of awesome entries there.

Ashley posting in the ghosts and monsters thread:
"thats a pretty traditional alternate view of ghosts and the afterlife there cody."
"fun discussion..
nice to see people talking from the heart."

Ashley posting in the space travel thread:
"build the parts factory in space to counter bringing anything up which would still be a pain.
or on the moon..mmmMMMMMMmmmm moon"

There would be no Medics in the WWRp Large Martin packs:
"no medics here, they kill, not help.."

Ashley about Popbot figures in 1/12th scale:
"no 1/12th popbot for a looooooong time, maybe middle of 2011"

WWRp Large Martin packs:
"3AA get the NW/DW
4 packs for all"

Popbot figures in 1/12th scale and Devil Bot:
"not news, no release or idea yet, if the big dont sell, we shall never get to the small"
"topic locked.
only release of 1/12th pop stuff is a devil bot full of tk;s at bejing."

WWRp Large Martin packs clarification:
"3AA's special is the NW/DW pack
the 3 figure sets, for which there are 4 load-outs are for anyone to purchase.
am I crazy, i think that makes sense... fuck the medium is getting to me i think..."

Ashley posting in the "Ghosts and monsters" thread:
"ghosts and the like", do not derail my thread or ill give you a first hand experience with the possibility of an afterlife !
start a afterlife thread if ya want.
I dont sub-sribe to an afterlife but a constant string that has no start nor end.."

Ashley about his upcoming gallery online, critics , nostalgia and etc:
"i deleted my rant , you can all fuck off
the vagueness of subject is whats cool to me, representing life, or realistic 3d objects is of no interest to me, I have talked of my reasons for my approach many time, im bored of hearing it so im not gonna do it here."
"dunno, soon, its gonna be lowkey, representing the stuff I want to be known for.
I might even show art from "the emigre" the french comic album we are making here."
"but only new art, from dec 09 onwards.."
"any yea, selling is no motivation at all for the site.."
"the old is done, the door is shut and there are books for you nostalgic types !"

Ashley about 1:1 Squares, stop PMing him please and asking about it:
"no more reserves, its turned into a cluster fuck, too many PM's and emails wanting the same thing, I dont want grief over this either, which seems to be the case now.
So unless we have a deal in place, the rest are for sale in June, bejing.
bloody square, bloody troublemaker !"

Ashley posting in "Ghosts and monsters" thread:
"the bigfoot episode of "in search of" is a classic.. even such liberal show seemed rather reticent about bigfoot.. vampires, yea, ufo's, no problem, ghosts, everywhere.. bigfoot....maybe... "

February photo thread and February sketch thread (this month theme: Red) are started, January threads are closed for review, click here to view the entries: January sketch thread ; January photo thread.

Ashley about making 1:1 Square, the mascot of the show:
"i think ill make the square the mascot of Bejing Gathering."

Joking about speculations in the Tank G_ _ thread:
"you guys speculate a lot..
tank gar in hot pants figure, dutch love variant..
samir will be first in line im sure.."
"thats samir ayyong, gar comes only in hot pants, barechested for instant dutch love...
there is also the playset, whorestreet window, set up gar like a pro !
love ya gar"

3AA t-shirt size and 3AA desired card name threads are locked down and final list is sent to 3A, you can check the summary for the entries: t-shirt sizes; 3AA card names. Thank to everyone for their time and entries.

Ashley about Lady Sham:
"thats not lady sham, go buy the comic, if you dont know about popbot, why would you want the figure ?"

Height of the 1:1 Square is going to be almost 3 feet:
"my agent on the scene says nearly 3 feet.
which i think is pretty cool !"

3AA t-shirt size and 3AA desired card name threads are locked down and final list is sent to 3A, you can check the summary for the entries: t-shirt sizes; 3AA card names. Thank to everyone for their time and entries.

Ashley posting in the 2000 AD thread:
"Keith?, I thought I was talking to Tharg..."

Ashley about 1:1 Square:
"not a what I have thread, its a square discussion thread.
plus way to early to be counting chickens."
"well im ending it..
when you have em in your house all secured away you can celebrate.. until then they are mine
i have an army of squares.."
"we had articulation, BUT with that offers too much chance for breakage and damage from wear.
We cannot replace or fix these after the fact so it was dropped, they look awesome regardless and now there isnt worry of loose joints !"
"we could do it, and make them very solid and hard to damage. cost 5k though"

See who showed himself under "Orangy Bramble" name at 3A production blog:

February - 2010 48250982.th

The Bramble shown above is from WWRp Large Martin packs:
"each pack had a new bramble .

Ashley about making more de Plume style characters:
"NO MORE NOM DE PLUMES !
unless i change my mind"
"a camo de plume would be cool...
wait a fucking second, there isnt a jungle version !!
oh noes"

3A board, it's where the magic at! Jung de Plume gets his own thread. Here it's all in the making:
"a camo de plume would be cool...
wait a fucking second, there isnt a jungle version !!
oh noes"
"Jung de plume
I think I changed my mind !"
"Jung de plume, a killer and thinker."
"5 year set free to
OG members, who have supported 3A over 5 years, still contribute to forum and have not fallen from grace."
"dont count ya chickens. it wont be a normal sale
a gift version like blanc, a secret sale 50 only thing
3A aint for amateur collectors !"

Ashley about Heavy Bramble and denying that Orangy Bramble is a Heavy Bramble:
"thats a mini bramble, with the small arms.
heavy bramble 4 barrel rpg is 17 " in length... thats a big cock !"

Ashley about Jung de Plume and F5 game:
"i wanna see da camo pants !!
dunno why there isnt..
makes sense, so im cool.. but its gonna be a fucker to get..
I can hardly find time to fit in missions critical toys into the hatchery lineup, this will be a tight squeeze.."
"nothing else to say.
it could be a while, so dont stress over it !"
"the f5 button cost me big bucks this month as we pay by the gig of traffic, 78 gig of traffic aint cheap !"
"its fine, dont worry about the bandwidth, part of the game.."
"thats the spirit!"

There will be no blinds within WWRp LM four sets, we will know the combinations:
"no blind box
all sets will be announced when its nearer the time."

Ashley denies that Jung de Plume = Jungler (as for Dropcloth)
"jung isnt the same as JungLER.
long time to this guys, move along, store up the emo for a later day."

Chinese New Year Tomorrow Queen, shipped this month to all the super lucky owners:
"chinese TQ shipped this month"

Countdown clock for the WWRp Large Martin sale are active on the 3A production blog, currently it's 15 days 10 hours and 25 minutes left, for the sales date, which is February 19th 8:59 AM Hong-Kong time.

Ashley posting in the Bramble Mark 2.5 Heavy thread:
"wet dreams and juan certainly dont go together, and absolutely dont have relevance to the glorious HEAVY BRAMMMBBBLLEEEEEEEE"
"long way off, ill show when its time.."

If you received the email from Ivy, about 3AA order number and etc, here is the explanation from Benny (3A staff):
It's because not all the membership has given their information to the forum, so Ivy emailed them at once.(whether posted before or not).It's just a double check procedure.
So it's all totally legit, you got nothing to worry about, answering on this emails.

Photos of the Berties 7pack and Dirty Deeds Berties:

February - 2010 7ship.thFebruary - 2010 11220829.th

Berties 7packs are shipping now, 12 Dirty Deeds Berties are going to ship shortly after Chinese New Year holidays (14th of February - Chinese New Year date):
"dd set is trapped in the chinese new year holiday cycle, it will ship shortly after the holiday"
"dirtys deeds" - Ashley speaks about two Berties shown above
"thats the nom logo, the trinity, which refers to their belief system" - Ashley speaks about logo on the Bertie shown above
"retailers will get them , well i dunno know, not my dept"

Ashley about his wish to make SAFS (Super Armored Fighting Suit):
"untouchable !!! is the hatchery, wish we could have made the SAFS 12" fig... of topic there, but hey.. i do."
"you know, the battle suit gimby, just released by medicom"
"not a hint, a lament.
if i knew who to ask for the license i would ask.."

New box art from Ashley's blog:

February - 2010 Photo69x.th

Another reasons to visit Beijing in June!
"1/12 figures of all the artists will be made... now thats worth it right there to turn up.."

Ashley interacting with people in his art thread:
"bastards, paul aint going anywhere....yet
lush little fucker that bertie trotting along, buttery paints mmm"

Final for now about S.A.F.S
"not a part of the family...yet..lock till it is.."

Ashley drops the bomb about Men from N.O.M cards. Originally only 75 people, from first Men from N.O.M list were about to get them, but now, 3A has so much love for us all!
"snowblind nom has its own Snowblind recruit card ! ohhhh
actually there are three types of card.
first 75
then the rest get a recruit standard ( but is there anything really standard about a NOM recruit card ? )
and snowblind has its own
they will be shrinkwrapped to the top of the box
only for orders on Bambaland.
funny thing is, its little things like cards that take for ever to get made !!!"
"look like
plastic nom recruit cards..."
"no teasers, a surprise !"
"same, that card had not been made yet...."
"recruit card, not dogtags.."

Ashley informs us on the exclusive retailers colorways of Berties MK2 WWRp, first mentioned a while ago here:
"im sure when retailers get em they will show em.."
"they had to order certain amounts to get em, no just order them.
window is closed."

Ashley mentions some retailers exclusive Berties:
"emgy bertie is classic, ghost hunter bertie is cool, sandcrab bertie well, who doesnt want a two eyed orange desert bertie !"
"no gar, he is a SINGLE, and by the looks of things.. a fucker to get !" - Ashley about Sandcrab Bertie
"no more, as thats what I know, they are not blind boxed, not all retailers will get them, as a certain number of cartons were needed to score etc."

Ashley answering the questions, what cards will you get, if you bought Blanc Commanders and your name was among first 75 list members:
"you wil get the 75 card karma and a snow card"

There would be Noir de Plume WWRp figure in Beijing!
"noir de plume WWRp last seen heading towards.......
bejing.."
"you will all have to wait and see what magic we have created.."
"he want to tackle the ash 1/12th for his "in search of" t-shirt..
he is in for a fight"
"do you think Noir would be a simple rock up and buy fig..?"
"why that date, the first 3 days will bring a new exclusives if I have my way"
"but you said the 25th, when it could be the 26th
or maybe a random thing.
just saying"

Ashley commenting "Why WWRp?" thread:
"ha
I remember when I sold nom de plume for the first time, everyone said, fuck you, not even a clear photo, your gonna fail, now they discuss why we sell in packs, how we do this and that..
love it..."
"FANS"
"why do we do stuff, coz its cool.
Money, pfft, i have that, my income comes from my art, not toys, i do this for the fun of it, the only reason to do it.
end of discussion."

More about WWRp Large Martin as Ashley is commenting the thought that Orangy Bramble and Desert LM would be companions (don't forget that the packs are going to be MIXED):
"but they are different in color and corp ID ?
both like fucking in the sand, doesnt mean they are bed partners does it"

Ashley talking with boardies in this art thread:
"what piece ?
did you really think that two boards was a mistake cheapo ??"
"you paint over it, thats why they cost so much paul, the work and thought that goes into a painting is huge, just try covering a huge area in small brush strokes with no image to care about, a large effort."

Tank G_ _ thread is send to oblivion for now:
"why is this in the official showcase section, who made this thread?"

Absolutely gorgeous painting is up at Ashley's blog, I would love to have a chance to own it one day..love two pieces paintings (discussion about it can be viewed above):
loose sketch on two boards, 76 inches across. Ill try and take shots as I go, normally I forget or make huge strides that dont get documented etc.
If I can nail it at this stage the rest is easy... well easier !

February - 2010 8fts.th

Group shot of happy WWRp bots family:

February - 2010 Wwrp.th

Ashley talks about his art:
"I dont sell ink work hardly any more, people want it for too little. I have reason to sell it ?
Eder has old stuff, my new stuff Im more careful with, dont expect better deals, expect to pay for my best art. im not showing comic pages in bejing. im showing art thats has taken months and has caused me pain. As the buyers of the large pieces found out in Venture, the good shit costs
that was a public announcement so no one is upset when they see what the paintings cost, I know some of you are new to art collecting, be warned its a cunt of a hobby !"
"i like the old school"

Blanc Commanders (3AA Men from N.O.M exclusive) will have a different box from regular N.O.M Commanders:
"why Kim, not ash ?
I love the snowblind box. Its cool the set has its own box.."
"the snowblind set, has a different box to the standard, yes. one is dark, one is snowy.the set was too cool to jam in the same box."

Ashley about Jeremy Geddes and 3A figure: Cosmonaut
"cosmo will take a while as we are want to do something different with it.. venture 2 maybe. there is no rush here or from Jeremy.
the 2010 line up is filled, we are thinking well into 2011"

Commenting on old school art mediums:
"well it poses a challenge that digital doesnt have, you cant fuck up digital art, you play with it with impunity, oil, watercolor, one stupid stroke, and bang, your back at square one.
I have been there more times than not.
no safety net, thats how I like it."

Invitations?! Beijing?! EXCITEMENT!
"i cant wait, the invitation this year is beyond cool.
it will be fun, I think when you guys see the setup you will be wowed!"

Ashley talks more about Men from N.O.M, his excitement and why NOM share same elements of outfits or gear with de Plumes:
"de plume is the team, same gear, with slight alterations depending on rank or job description. but they generally use the same stuff."
"they are cool figures, cant wait for you guys to get them !"
"i think it was thricenaut.. thricenaut"

Ashley talks more about art mediums:
"computers are awesome for production art, commercial applications that require changes due to the nature of it, dont get me wrong, I see their value, and actually like alot of stuff I see, but for me, making a good picture isnt enough, i need more.
but in the end, long as you enjoy what youre doing, whether you dip ya dick in pigs blood and paint with it, or love using Painter.."

Sea Monkey release:
"sea monkey this year, thats up to kenny."

2000 AD figure: Tharg is already in Ash's hands, pics are scheduled for next week!
"so,im playing with the tharg fig, the fact that 3A made it doesnt occur to me, just the fact im holding a tharg toy ! thats A COOL moment. From getting my first progs sans cover, to now.. amazing ride....
I know Tharg wont set sales charts ablaze, but I love this fig !"
"next week"

About Beijing weather in June:
"rainy season I believe, the show time.
mmmm juicy"

More about NOM Commanders and their significance:
" they are the cornerstone figure of 3A"
"nom commanders, never again.
really... not de plume never again"
"125 bucks a fig, throw in shipping and nice packaging...
3A, the pink velvety company !"

Ashley commenting Complete WWR pre-order thread:
"damn cool that you guys are enjoying it !
TP and I are very proud of the book !"

Since there is again a lot of confusion with Men from N.O.M original 75 members list, here is the link.
http://3atoys.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=359&start=1

Ashley about it:
"anyone that bought set on bamba will get a recruit card, the first 75 peeps get a special "75" version."
"there was a list, somewhere on the forum, and you had to email 3A with the order details"

More updates on the previous painting at Ashley's blog:
Blocking in values and shapes, relatively easy, just kinda boring. Once I have finished 90% of that, ill start refining shapes, tighten the composition etc

February - 2010 Partduo.th

Ashley about 2000 AD first toy - Tharg:
"soft focus just for andy, puts away HD image..
tharg is fucking great, many will say nahh, he doesnt have a gun?, but their 2000ad toy collections will for evermore weep !"
"i designed it based on all thargs, its awesome !!"
"no weapons"

Ashley about Kojima productions x 3A:
"rex has many small part, as he is fully articulated. Infact i would say he has more part than most toys, all ABS~"
"we can make anything, detail is easy, small bit are no hassle, it depends on the design.
Rex is fuck off amazing, no one can match it, same with Ray. MGS fans will appreciate it, they know my heritage with MGS, I deal directly with Shinkawa san on this stuff!.
it will make for the best MGS toys period"
"that sample was 3 generations ago, way better now"

Invites to Beijing 3A event:
"i never said how we were giving invites/announcement out... just so ya know, thats up to kim, as he is the invite dude..."

Ashley about Chinese Holidays (as for Chinese New Year):
"well Ill try, chinese holiday, the world has stopped, nothing much is gonna change etc till after the 18th at 3A"

Joking about AK t-shirts:
"you can have any shirt you like, just take a marker to them !"

Probably many European boardies noticed that threeA site isn't loading, but it works for USA and Asia. It's problem with the hosting services, all the right people know about it and it would be fixed shortly. Sorry for all the possible inconveniences.

Ashley commenting changes in his painting (which could be seen above or currently at his blog):
"no details yet, none worth cherishing at least. I have learned not get attached to anything at this stage, just keep plowing away."

In the Space travel thread:
"i agree with Nael, to believe we know everything about how the universe works would be absurd, dangerous even.
We have just begun !"

Two Chinese New Year Tomorrow Queen photos, I found on Facebook. They will reach all the lucky owners so soon!

February - 2010 22265306784251984659061.thFebruary - 2010 Tq2n.th

3A online blog and site are working again for us Europeans. Hooray!

Amazing Euro Bramble photo by musahi-13, added as an admission to the February photo thread, don't be shy and contribute as well!

February - 2010 Img08771.th

New Tomorrow Queens, with new type of bodies and more articulation are coming soon! Here Ashley mentions this and CNYTQ, which is reaching people right now, as I type.
"man i dont even have a CNYTQ...
re TQ, well we have changed, the cnytq is the last to have the beta body.
the TQ's will have different size breasts, can sit down etc and will be offered soon."

Berties 7packs are starting to arive in Asia, that means we will see them in Europe and USA soon! If you got yours, please don't hesitate and post some photos here.

Ashley speaking about new Tomorrow Queens and others upcoming female figs:
"haha.. they seem popular, but all sizes rock. artistically of course.
We will ramp up female characters figs this year, but we wanna make sure we are giving you our best !"
"ill release the beta again, as it suits some designs more than others. Lasstranaut will probably have the beta crotch"

Commenting on his art:
"i like the changes, the detours, but sometimes I miss and regret what I have painted over in a rash decision .
I rarely take many progress shots, most times its " i like this, but im gonna paint over it and want a copy for later" type shot.
or im stumped, dont have the sack, ill shoot it, and fuck with in photoshop to see whats up.. which is a common application for many painters.
painting is by FAR my favorite thing to do, perpetual learning curve makes it interesting and fun."
"if you dont get stumped, your not trying hard enough !"
"me too, cant get behind anthing else, computers make it too easy... boring to me."

Jung de Plume shows his face:

February - 2010 Jdp.th

Ashley about Jung and his pants:
"im thinking of a 1 minute sale..
but that might melt the ol bambaland down.."
"I cant see his pants"...Gimby
quote of the day !"

Kojima x 3A are going to be huge:
"huge !!!"

Big paintings by Ashley would be shown at the Beijing show and available for sale:
"big painting will be at bejing, with other bigass WWR stuff.
I have been working on the new works before venture, starting to come together"

Jung de Plume is going to be released at random time, for general audience in very limited numbers:
"not that long off.."
"but not today.."
"not 3AA, secret sale, anyone can win, roll up, roll up !
what other toy forum gives you such highs...and lows...
NONE !"

A clue about Jung de Plume drop date:
"a clue, very easy one too.
very special CHINESE day coming up, that would be a cool day to sell...."
"production amount, unknown for now"
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

February - 2010 Empty Re: February - 2010

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:07 am

previous news for this date above

WWRp MK2 Berties and WWRp Square photos by Melvegas (featuring WWR Square to show the size difference):

February - 2010 1002083awwrpberties010.thFebruary - 2010 1002083awwrpberties013.thFebruary - 2010 1002083awwrpberties017.thFebruary - 2010 1002083awwrpberties026.thFebruary - 2010 1002083awwrpberties031.thFebruary - 2010 1002083awwrpberties035.th

12 Dirty Deeds Berties packaging from Ashley's blog:
A redo from december, for the Dirty Deeds 12pack, ill post the finished packaging here, or at the 3A blog soon.

February - 2010 12dd.th

Ashley commenting on the WWRp MK2 weapons:
"pistols are smaller and a lil different than brambles"

More about Large Martin WWRp packs, which would be released on 19th of February 8-59 AM Hong-Kong time. There would be offered 3pack sets, which would include extra free and damn cool figure! Sets price - 350$:
"Im pretty sure the small amount of Jung buyers will not effect the LM sale. In Fact damn sure!
But im happy to sell less packs, better for us to sell at retail anyway ! the shipping kills us on these.
do what you do, but lets not have another money discussion."
"retailers are awesome, they are very supportive, hence why they get special versions !"
"ooohhhh but
I never mentioned the LM 3x3pack set..did I and what exclusive it comes with........"
"well i think many of you WWRp fans are gonna want one, and this is the only way to ever get him in WWRp...."
"it aint a bot..."
"there will 3 different 3 packs
thats it, plus you can buy them all plus free WWRp fig"
"discuss the toy, not personal economics, have said it before, I dont talk about large bills and costs involved making this stuff every second day.
If the money is tight or is an issue, just dont buy. Easy. your welcome here regardless of your buying prowess."
"toysss, money is for your favorite "money care" forum ( wherever that is ), not here"
"130 a pop, i would discount, but a box of 3 sets will cost so much in shipping, its a even split..."

"i was going to say that"
"boggles my mind too..."
"the 1/12th bodies are fuck off cool, we are going to own the world of 1/12th !!"
"350 for 3 sets plus free fig"

Jung de Plume is rescheduled to another time (because of the Valentines day, for the ladies this is), but he would come for sale this week:
"for the ladies, ill think ill change the speculated date.
all bets are off, tis a mystery again !"
"the emo would just wreck their day. and mine"
"this week......
prepare thy paypal !"

Ashley in his art thread:
"no pics please, no need, there is a book with it in and that ad posted.
and it out of date, 2 year rule"

"well some will be for sale there Chilly, fingers crossed for you."

2000 AD Tharg proto!

February - 2010 Thargproto1.th

Ashley about upcoming 2000 AD fun:
"3A and 2000ad central were just musing over full tharg shots, I might show tomorrow !
We are on the way !"
"nothing beats holding the real deal either Octoberstorm.
not long till Tharg goes on sale."
"it could be mongrel, sov judge, anderson, Rogue etc, whatever comes to fruition first.
or The Gronk !"
"Gronk is a must!"
"cloth, well fake leather.. its very cool too!
and yea, it was borderline"
"with teeth showing"

Here is a quick explanation by our boardie Ming about The Gronk character.

There is a lot of confusion with WWRp Large Martin release. I will try to help you, to understand the things better.

There will be 3AA pack with NW Large Martin, DW Large Martin and DIY Damn (two guns) Large Martin inside.

Then, there would be three mixed (not based on one colorway) packs, each of packs would include: Large Martin, Damn Large Martin and Bramble with the RPG; price 130$ each.

and

You can buy for 350$ one 3 x 3 pack, which would have inside ALL three Large Martin packs and one extra figure for free. What kind of figure? We don't know yet, but we know that it's not a bot figure.

Amazing our boardie skinnybirddy shot of WWRp MK2 Berties 7pack, can you imagine 12 Dirty Deeds standing like that? I can't wait for this sight! More Bertie photos can be seen here.

February - 2010 4343282871f1825cbbd2b.th

Ashley posting in the 2000 AD thread and in the 2000ad Original art thread:
"lets start a 2000ad original art thread.. my eye hurts, or I would !
I guess in the art section.. there is lots of 2000ad art on the comicartfans.com"
"just eye strain.. back to 2000ad !"
"we need to get rufus here to post stuff from his collection !"

Lots of info about 1:1 size hoodie and lots of Tommy Mission news, perhaps even chase, if 3A would make any chases:
"wrong thread, but I chat to Commander thrice everyday, we always hatch something, and today is no different.
Some cool stuff, not just toys either... Our 3A Hoody, The TOMMY is rocking !
but I digress.."

"1:1"
"oh yea, I never mentioned GHOST TOMMY did I...derail master: ASHLEY WOOD"
"LARGE MARTIN CODY, shit man, dont fuck with the thread
GHOST TOMMY, you didnt think Tommy MIssion was alive did ya ?"
"oh yea, there is a TTL Tommy too.. figure that one out ! thread train derails, kills 20 !"
"sounds like an awesome teacher foxy !"
"Tommy likes Clan of Xymox today !"
"Xymox are more goth than new wave, well they like to believe so anyway."
"ghost dosnt glow, he is a dirty ghost.."

Ashley about Jung de Plume:
"good ol plume, good to see you guys still care for ol gassy face."

Explanation about WWRp Large Martin and Damn Large Martin (double guns) differences and nature:
"both manufactured at the same time, they just represent different options for generals ! DLM has more firepower, but is heavier, slower etc. LM is considered the default Martin , DLM is good bet when you want to add some extra curry."

Ashley about Tharg and more 2000 AD figures:
"we make dirty figures.
street judges will be grimey, a chief judge not so, but still must have some grime, its the 3A way!
Ill show some new tharg soon, but as its not a production final I dont want people to get te wrong impression from it , there are small details that I want to change. so ill see what i can do."

WWRp Berties pistols a different from WWRp Bramble pistols:
"the gun is a different size, keep saying"
"bertie guns are a different size to bramble guns"

Jung de Plume thread comment, to stop the madness:
"safety word, Jung de plume thread, I dont wanna get bounced..
sorry, it was a safety phrase."

And quick reminder, that Dirty Deeds Bertie from 7 pack is more bloody than any Dirty Deeds Bertie from the 12 pack:
"im thinking of giving the DD in the 7 pack the bloody effect, so there is no crossover with the 12 pack.."

Ashley names the date for Jung de Plume drop:
"tomorrow 9-00am you know where"
Obviously 9-00AM is for Hong-Kong time and you know where, is for bambalandstore.

And here is our boy, WWR Jung de Plume!

February - 2010 Deplumejung.th

More about Jung de Plume sale:
"one per person, im toying with a timed sale"
"why timed ash?
you have a better chance if you have it n your basket.
its the last deplume, 50 would be lame, too much emo even for ash to handle.
ill have a better idea later~"

Ashley about Jung de Plume numbers:
"the question..
do you like de plume coz he is the best character in WWR and looks damn cool, or because so called value ( ebayers, I know who you are ), or coolness in owning one ?
the amount should not matter, only get one because you wanna play and have fun with da fig !"

Jung de Plume lenses color and sale info:
"lenses are purple"
"you guys should read the blog"
"it would be great to make him the biggest selling 3A fig of all time, but we cant make that many....
still a cool way to go out on deplume"
"Jung de plume is a different de plume from the others, a che within the revolution !"
"i have no time for news letters, people always complain anyway, i just opened this ( the newsletter )( a day or two later after being sent I might add ) AND NOW EVERYTHING IS SOLD OUT, FUCK YOU WOOD !
The box will have a story, its a different box to normal deplumes, as this is the last de plume !"
"Jung had a buddy, that cast much in his ear...
I can say no more, but fuck, you guys will say SHIT< FUCK< NASH < NASH
when you find out who..."
"when you see his bud, the first of fallen N.O.M, you will demand, cajole, threaten, destroy to score..."
"nope, it will not be that easy my dear Devours.I kinda lied about jung too, he aint the last deplume, but he is..."
"no double packs, only jung is forsale, the last deplume."
"the legion doesnt beg, well I hope not"
"um, check the timer, reload the blog ?
12th, friday, tomorrow HK time"

Jung de Plume sale time:
Onsale tomorrow, 12th feb 9-00am Hong Kong time. 150 usd, price includes world wide shipping, www.bambalandstore.com.
You can check the countdown timer at www.threeaonline.com

Prepare for another Jung de Plume photo:

February - 2010 Deplumejung21.th

Ashley posting in the 2000 AD Original art thread:
"I have folders full da stuff ( mainly up to the 80's, no new stuff ), I love to look at it, and compare to the printed page, such a massive difference. Mcmahon and cam kennedy comes to mind, such small details, that never make it to printed page."
"many know what I have, I have many of the best doom patrol covers by biz too paul, look em up, dredd pages, titan reprint covers etc
I have sunk, 100's of 1000's of bucks into original art, I have a 4500 square foot home covered in it, i gotta prove nothing laddy boy !"
"i have many crates with art trapped in it.
great Biz page Tablet !"
"my wife would agree.. but she loves art too.. lucky for me"
"pretty cool, the fucking best !"

Small spoiler about 12 Dirty Deeds Berties box:
"its big.. too big..."

Сhinese New Year Tomorrow Queens photos, by our lucky boardie Ross

February - 2010 Nofpg8.thFebruary - 2010 5oryb9.thFebruary - 2010 2w56idg.th

Jung de Plume is going to be available in three hours from now at www.bambalandstore.com , be there on time!

Jung de Plume is going to be available in less than 15 minutes from now. Best of luck to everyone! And just a heads up, all the items in the store usually shows up first on the homepage of the Bambalandstore. I hope that today every person who wants one, will end up with de Plume in his life.

Ashley about Jung de Plume ordering suspense, people are crashing Bambalandstore out of love for the Jung de Plume!:
"i naver said no more news-letters from 3A, just not for Jung, no time, and kinda pointless as it will sell out.
you know what fucks me off, people who place orders to test bambaland, and leave them unpaid ! fuck it, ill nix their jung order"
"cant connect to bamba..
server nuke !"
"haha.. i wonder how its going..."
"im getting order emails, working for some"
"haha, got a email concerned that bamba was getting a denial of service attach..
jeez, you guys !!!"
"i cant move, cant see orders etc, cant stop the fucker"
"on the phone to provider"
"thanks guys.. I think there are more people out there than on our forum..... ?"

Posting in the 2000 AD thread about haters and how to behave with them:
"re anderson, I want the toys to have the comic feel, not mine."
"not homage, its what I like, I want these toys, I have always wanted them.
Im lucky I can make this stuff happen!"
"tiger, they dont have to buy him, or come here, If they dont like it cool."
"it really doesnt matter, its human nature, nothing can be liked by all, nor should it.
Im sure I can find an audience for the figs."
"no halo jones, any oldschool 2000ad fan knows why, or google it."

Ashley explains how retailers were meeting the criteria to get WWRp MK2 exclusive Berties:
"re bertie retail exclusives >>>its not about "deserving", you had to order a pre defined amount of cartons."

Jung de Plume box info:
"and this deplume comes in a cool printed box, not our classic sticker box !
we are not getting rich here folks, after 3AA, which make 80% of sales , but like gentry we are enjoying the ride"

More about Jung:
"well, you guys scored a GREAT de Plume, one the best i think.
Im going to nuke unpaid orders , soon as I can get back in !"
"re flippers, just dont buy on ebay... but you will !"
"re amount sold, still small compared to other companies, limited cough editions.
plus many people doubled there orders worrying that it had not gone through !"
"if you were prcoessing a payment, you should still have one in your cart, go back and pay Brian !"
"we have some recycled coming, hang in there !"
" ill keep one for Cherie.."

In 2000 AD thread:
"thats cool Ming, they dont owe 3A anything, the Tharg figure is just a start, and never did I think the world would be set alight by him. He is the 2000oad figurehead, the first step !"

Info about Jung de Plume from the bambalandstore:
[i]Jung de Plume 1/6th likes to take long walks in the jungle kill things talk about killing in a intellectual manner, Jung has cool accent so no one is upset by this, unless he shoots you in the gut during this said conversation to illustrate his point of view.

Ashley about 3A board and our community:
"what we have here is special, not the normal state of affairs !
Im very aware and protective of it !"

More Jungs offered:

"neary done, im staggering the the recycle"
"i dumped the last load for now, some guy order 8 !!"
"if you paid during checkout and got a paypal confirmation, your covered"

After all the recycled orders Jung de Plume would be sold out! Don't miss your chance!

And later there is even more Jung de Plume madness:
"he aint flippin shit now
"fun times, memories..
but i gotta paint !!"
"teeth nashing for bejing.. "

3A retail poster, a bit of info from the blog:
Oldschool TK style 63?88cm double sided poster ! Sent to retailers and stuffed in toy boxes where it will fit !

February - 2010 Retailp2.thFebruary - 2010 Retailp22.th

Ashley about poster:
"there free with products that can fit it in, they are rather large"
"double sided"

Ghosts and monsters thread:
"cool stuff"

previous news for this date above

Ashley about TQ injury (one boardie experienced, which would be without any doubts fixed by 3A) and about more TQs during Beijing show:
"yea, that sucks !
crotch is different now, allows more movement etc..
the actual tq TQ is very cool, maybe we will offer someday.."
"theres gonna be a lot in bejing"

More about WWRp Berties MK2 and retailers and there will be other mini Squares:
"if anyone want to throw out there we overlooked, dont care, etc about certain retailers, they can just hang up there forum membership now and leave..
Kim does an awesome job with wholesale, do i post saying retailers overlooked us when ordering, only buying sideshow or hot toys this month.
so
..."
"Dude, 3A is my baby, like a mother protects her children, im all over shit!
chill, support your retailers. Main thing is buy the berties, make Breaker feel its worth buying more berties, he makes more money, orders more from us, we can make more cool toys."
"dont be embarrassed.."

"ha me too, but I figured it would happen.
just remember to charge 100 quid for each exclusive Mr Breaker !"
"there will be other mini squares"

Ashley talks more about 2000 AD:
"ABC-ers will rock, the Mongrel ( with the Mess ) is first, Then Old Red Eyes.."
"read the comic Ded, charming, cool, great art... !"
"if the line does well, ill make a george, not to too exact scale, maybe a 20" version or so.
re para-mongrel, if it was a simple colorway I would, but the body is different, and would require new sculpting and tooling etc. short term just the fatboy mongrel ! but hey, if the demand is there, I will make it happen.
I was checking out the original ( normally i scope the reprints ) issues of 2000ad that feature the early ABC warrior stories last night ( yup, thats how I spend friday night ) , such awesome art ( amazing color spreads ), great ideas..gah !"

Tank Girl and Co section appeared on the board! For now it's empty, but the excitement fills up my veins!

WWRp Large Martin is getting lots of attention and Ashley talking about a free fig, which comes with the Large Martin super set:
"business sense, no one has ever leveled that at me before its a cool fig, not noir de plume, everybody thinks its noir de plume, he will be stalking Be Jing !"
"i tell ya, we are getting more interest in the WWRp LM sale than just about any other ?"

Revealing a bit about Men from N.O.M box:
"its is the nom painting. !"
"each box has a half of painting on it for the NOM, put the boxes together, you have the image !"
"well the mystery is the box and the original are different !
the original is highly glazed, and is pretty much impossible to photograph correctly. if your in Be Jing you can see it in all it glory"

DIY de Plume contest is going to be judged soon and will have few winners:
"damn its for 3A to pic.. I think we will have to have a few winners...
hold on !"

Jung de Plume funny moments:
"funniest JUng moment.
An emailing stating they just got the newsletter about the Jung sale, and i suck for sending it late etc...
damn the first ghost newsletter from 3A. coz as we know, no newsletters were sent !"

Tank Girl text from the blog!!!

Tank Girl
3A is very proud to announce a partnership with Team Tank Girl ( Mr Alan Martin and Mr Rufus Dayglo ) to make Tank Girl stuff ( not just toys )
Rufus Dayglo will be joining us in Be Jing as well ! Oh my !
Expect more details very soon !!!

February - 2010 Royalescape1flat.th

More about WWRp Squares:
"not going to be a release, maybe throw one or two in here and there with other sets etc.
give some away at 3A events etc.."

2000 AD sharing:
"i never got a complete set of 2000ad and dredd annuals, thats my next search.
the ones I have always have a page missing too.. weird"

Venture (3A official magazine) is ready and will be presented in Beijing and more readable materials in Beijing!
"sitting on my desktop, im enjoying it. it will be at bejing.
more of a giant catalogue now
infact bejing will have quite a few read-ables there !"

"hand them out....sell them"

Kim contacted me and asked to tell you, that soon all the missing pouches for WWRp Euro and DIY Bramble (they are missing two pouches) would be send out to the bambalandstore buyers and retailers who ordered them. More info about pouches can here found here.

Ashley posting in the 2000 AD thread about getting full lot of 2000 AD comics:
"thanks !!
im just waiting to get them in full lots, no stuffing around with single purchases etc..
man i want the world !"
"like the blog says gregory, worlds coolest toy company !"

Ashley about Tank Girl:
"changed ?
rufus will be in Be Jing.

More from 2000 AD thread:
"buy the burger page Paul !!!"
"and get sued"

Ashley excited about Jung Smile
"jung jung jung !"

Comment on new bot speculations:
"wrong on all accounts."

New art from Ashley's blog:
A tonal under-sketch for a new WWR painting, and some packaging artwork on the go !

February - 2010 Photo80oh.thFebruary - 2010 Photo81.th

My sincere congratulations to everyone who celebrates Chinese New Year! Wish you luck, prosperity and lots of health! Same to all the people who are celebrating Valentines day, please don't forget about you significant other with the toy passion, best way is to convert him/her into our 3A brotherhood and share the love together! I wish you love, understanding and strong shoulder to be there for you!

Ashley teasing us in the 2000 AD thread:
"mean machine is shaping up to be a killer fig.... KILLER!"

There are going to be five (5!!!) box art drawings for Tommy Mission. Think about versions, variants and perhaps chases?!
"each tommy box will have a different image.. 5 im total, gah
back to painting !

Another work in progress shot from Ashley's blog:
Added another side to the painting, it helps draw the eye to the right space, looks better all-round. Just playing around with light and values at the moment. Lots to do.

February - 2010 Therepart2.th

Don't know about you, but I'm already stoked! Want to have this bot in 1/6th asap, I feel it's going to be a great design.

Ashley about WWRp M2 Berties:
"gotta love these lil bastards.. the berties, not gar and gimby.."

Happy news from 3A production blog!

ThreeA online wins Gold and Silver

Mr.12 Fingers and ThreeA win Gold and Silver ADDY? awards for Interactive Media tier 1.

ThreeA Online won silver for Flash Website.
ThreeA Online, ThreeA Production Blog, and HK Venture microsite win gold for Online Campaign.

The ADDY? Awards is the advertising industry?s largest and most representative competition, attracting over 60,000 entries every year. The mission of the ADDY? competition is to recognize and reward creative excellence in the art of advertising.

Next stop: Tier 2 Competition.

Mr.12 Fingers would like to thank Ashley Wood, ThreeZero, Gimbat, and the rest of the Legionnaires for their support and for making this all possible.

February - 2010 Threeaaddy.th

More art from Ashley's blog:
lil sparrow 14
Sparrow 14 should be in stores soon I guess.

February - 2010 Sp1qd.thFebruary - 2010 Sp2y.thFebruary - 2010 Sp3l.thFebruary - 2010 Sp4lbc.th

Ashley about painting:
"yea, ash knows the score.
I never start a painting with a 100% defined view, even if I have a little sketch or prelim, ill naturally change it to accommodate new ideas."

It would be possible to order Venture (3A official magazine) from Bambalandstore:
"you should be able to order them from bambaland, dunno really, have not thought about it.
its a hefty tome..."

WWRp Large Martin prototype (next to others, pay attention to 1/12th scale human body) and Mr. Frosty pic:

February - 2010 Frostychoads.thFebruary - 2010 Protogang.th

Ashley about WWRp Large Martin and secret figure 3x3 pack comes with:
"just like a 1/6th !"
"yea but if you buy the 3x3 you can get BLANC DE FUCKING PLUME , in 1/12th grandeur..i mentioned that right ?"

Ashley participating in 1/12th scale body discussion:
"thanks Sail
we are toy commando's, no committee, no marketing dept to please, no one saying no.
plus it helps to have a savvy, smart, lovable audience"
" maybe hasbro can let us make 1/12th star wars figs..ohhh 3A greedo !!!!"
"what are threeA members getting ?"
" shoveled by devils.."
"and fucking free, FREE, not fake free, but real free...
shit, im excited by 3A !"
" shame I shot my dick with Pitu"

Ashley posting in his art thread:
"rare few of ash classic...
I think they all are.."
"HAHA thats cool, funny though
ill sell it to ya ayyong"
"grins like the devil, come this way, we can discuss over a glass of...wine ?"

Lots of Large Martin photos and RPG Bramble (which would be also available in Large Martin gift sets, according to the blog):

February - 2010 Frostychoads.thFebruary - 2010 Tubbytaylor.thFebruary - 2010 Martiandam.thFebruary - 2010 Norge.thFebruary - 2010 Modchipweb1.thFebruary - 2010 Sanddevilweb.thFebruary - 2010 Bigredb.thFebruary - 2010 Phobos1.th

To remind you Large Martin goes on sale at Bambalandstore this Friday the 19th 9-00am Hong Kong time.

Ashley talking with our boardie Pitu and talks about possible future for 1/12th human bodies by 3A:
"imagine our 1/12th stormy, han solo, JAWA !!!!!!"
"fuck it, im flying pitu out to be jing to film!
so buy our toys, we gotta cover his ass now !!"
"ill take that up in be jing..
your the official covererer dude for Gathering !"
"The Gathering will be hell of a show !
Pitu a member of the 3A press !"
"hasbro are making the micronauts !"
"remember what I put on the first bertie flyer.
You make plans, we make history . I meant that
The chap leading the micronuats and boys toys in general at hasbro is a good guy, im punped to see what he does !"

First Bertie Flyer Ashley talks about:

February - 2010 Wwrtease1s.th

Now continue of the quotes, mentioning possible new line in plans, strictly for this 1/12th size human bodies:
"a new line, yes.."
"love that kane"
"we can make a dvd of the footage, the first 3A dvd !"

3x3 Large Martin packs are limited (even 3AA members haven't any priority ordering it) and more info about bots. Please read carefully that all bots on photos are without decals, it's written in the corner of each photo, don't risk being banned:
"there is a kinda limit on the 3x3.."
"bambaland has doubled its bandwidth... still worried !"
"revisionist history
There is no desert rat bertie..
That orange is phobos martian orange, bots name, SAGAN."
"it a standard rothchild RPG, its slightly different, i have enlarged it for WWRp, it was to weeny scale"
"any colorway sold on bambaland will not make retail
large martin, and damn large amrtin will be in stores as single figs, with unique colorways.
NO BRAMBLE RPG.
and if anyone asks if they ship with decals, as it cleary states "sans decals on relevent images" might as well ban there own ass.. even the local forum funny boys will get a smack..."
"oh yea,just because they are on blog doesnt mean they are in the upcoming sets, just a FYI"
"each set has
1x large martin
1x Damn Large Amrtin
1x RPG Bramble
regarding colorways, i dont know yet"
"buy early.
3AA is promised 3 packs for 24 hours, and its 3AA NW/DW set
3x3 is a special set for shits and giggles.. buy the 3 packs !!!"

Tommy listening habits
"Tommy is enjoying The Horrors today, thats the UK horrors by the way"

Ashley talks with people in 2000 thread and in his art thread about paintings:
"had a great week for original 2000ad art !!!
4 covers 1 complete story !"

"sail was the support team for Darain aventure, and sole buying customer by the looks of the sales data !"
"thanks exy"
"25x25 or close"
"the girl bending over is 30"x30" just checked.."
"no hale thread."
"that bot rider. it aint that small.. \
maybe, need to find it"
"what tracer said..."

More information about WWRp Large Martin packs. So let me repeat again Ashley's words, the photos on threeA blog show not all Large Martins (especially Damn Large Martins), Ashley will have more photos after the holidays. Every LM sold at Bambaland would be an exclusive and not offered to the retailers, however some of the version shown at the blog (photos in the news above) are retailers exclusives. Blanc de Plume wouldn't not be shown to the public before the pre-order, you have to trust 3A on this or not buy the 3x3 pack at all.
Ashley about new sculpts and 3x3 pack limitations:
"just a FYI
the rpg and missile is a new sculpt for bramble, its not a bertie rpg with a new handle, similar, but not the same.."
"i think so, its nots like there are 50 or anything !"
"better proportions etc"
"no colorways sold on bamba will make retail
RPG bramble will not get retail release"
"it will have a strap"
"due to the holiday I dont have all the martins that will feature in packs, you will hae to trust 3A, or lose put..
there is a JEA martin and Damn large martin, just dont have them etc."
"JEA is one my special colorways, it will always be a staple."
"fuckng A you do.. if people dont want to buy coz they cant see it, no prob, but I think we always deliver beyond the call of duty..
the trust its your way of saying thanks 3A for the love you shower us with!"
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:08 am

previous news for this date are above

More information about WWRp Large Martin packs. So let me repeat again Ashley's words, the photos on threeA blog show not all Large Martins (especially Damn Large Martins), Ashley will have more photos after the holidays. Every LM sold at Bambaland would be an exclusive and not offered to the retailers, however some of the version shown at the blog (photos in the news above) are retailers exclusives. Blanc de Plume wouldn't not be shown to the public before the pre-order, you have to trust 3A on this or not buy the 3x3 pack at all.

Ashley about Blanc de Plume pics (please check the info above as well):
"no pics of the 1/12th blanc.. tis free. if you worry about what it will be, DO NOT ORDER THE 3X3 PACK !!!"

Comparison of the Bertie MK1 RPG and new RPG of the Bramble (which comes in WWRp Large Martin packs):

for scales sake, here is a rpg comparison.

February - 2010 Rpgl.th

"nahh ming, i dont talk so openly about the details of my art collection.
no future shocks or colin wilson art.."

As you probably know each TQ is unique and different (eyes, hair length and color) our boardie Nael, decided to make a photoshoped collage of all Chinese New Year Tomorrow Queens, which were shown to the public so far and with appropriate photo provided, here it is: Featuring CNYTQ from : Ronlu, Sir Dirty Girty, Makadi3000, Paparay, Ross, Expathos, and Brettbetterson.

February - 2010 Cnytqgroup001.th

If are lucky owner of CNTQ, please post your picture of her standing tall here and Nael will include her as well (once he will have time for that of course).

WWRp Large Martin Iron Panda joins the team!

February - 2010 Ironp.th

To clear ANY possible confusion. Blanc de Plume figure, which comes with 3x3 Large Martin pack is done in 1/12th scale and it's free, as it included in the pack's price.

Ashley states that Popbot comes with the Kitty
"kitty comes with pop"

Ashley asks people (me included) not to worry and talk about art only in his original art thread:
"bottom line, enjoy the images, technique , ideas.
dont worry about buying or not !!"

Ashley about RPG Bramble, which comes in every Large Martin three-pack, denies some speculations and gives bits of info (such as Pink Bramble Dawn Guard):
"i never said it, unless i do, it isnt confirmed, SO unless the quote is from me..."
"which means 3 pack has a different bramble."
"but sammy, someone might read it that and never buy the 3 packs thinking i dont want 3 orange brambles, and then going emo at me when they see the pink dazzle bramble etc..
not a lol moment"

"pink is a great t=one for camo, dusk or dawn patrol,
who doesnt love the WW2 pink spitfire.."
"sam said >>>Looks like only the new colourschemes are DLM's
your speculating, and putting out mis-infromation"
"YEA
plus you forgot about Norge, Mochip etc, standard large martins.
also, if the color way is in LM, it can be DLM, there are no sand devil LM's in the packs, but there is a DLM sand devil ( albert )"
"pink is an old camo color, dazzle is a camo style
pink bramble isnt a joke, dawn guard bramble is cool.."

Ashley answering the question, how he transforms his paintings into his books:
"i do not scan paintings, only photograph them.
the texture is important, i love it !"

What a scoop! Bertie MK3 is in production and in two versions!
"how does ash decide, just what I like, not rocket science.
Bertie MK3 is in production, two versions, single arm/auto cannon, two arm etc.
lots big bots"

We will hear more news and written in stone facts about WWRp Wave Three (Large Martins) shortly:
"i have it all worked out, but i have been painting..
ill write it all up soon."

"for now all 2000ad can live here, as the releases start to happen we can get more finicky about threads."

Development of the beautiful painting, from Ashley's blog:

February - 2010 Therepart3.th

Commentary: The continuing "There"... blocking away

Must read informative summary full with the bits of info, put on 3A boxes, by our moderator Sir Dirty Girty. Click the link and you will know more about WWR bots and Rotchild!

Ashley about Popbot and Kitty:
"nope, no tit-straw
i know, a lot of dreams burned to the ground there."

"um this is the thread for such stuff ?"
"but didnt he ask for a VC line, which is 2000ad, im lost, this is the place to ask for the VC's..right"
"ahh, you moved it here, from there..."

New Heavy TK?!
"we need a new TK to talk about.."

Ashley gives away information about WWRp Large Martins and etc:
"mod chip is a pirate version, as opposed to merc, MOD only work for them own ends. some say rothchild is behind it all. No one else has modded or hacked a robot but these guys"
"for those interested, pack #3
1xMod Chip Large Martin
1xSand Devil Damn Large Martin ( Albert )
1xRPG Bramble Grave Digger"
"grave digger is very dark... as he should be be... special OP's bramble"
"pack #2
1xNorge Large Martin
1xIron Panda Damn Large Martin
1xPink Dazzle Rpg Bramble"
"all brambles are rpg brambles regardless of my lazy posting skills"
"pack#1
1xMarine Large Martin
1xDam Buster Damn Large Martin
1xPhobos rpg Bramble"

Surprise pack 0:
"Pack 0 ( the fucker set to get )
Frosty Choad Corp ( not mr frosty corp ) Super happy gifting set
1xDeep Powder Large Martin
1XDeep Powder Damn Large MArtin
1xDeep Powder RPG Bramble
1xDeep Powder MK2 Bertie with shotgun
1xdeep powder mini square"
"frosty choads are always priceless.. !"

"princes, pfft, we are only kings here !"
"i have told you the prices, choad isnt a mainstream release, no need to pimp it."
"random on choad..."
"sail is the official forum jester !
of course that means we can throw shit at at him when he fucks up.."

SURPRISE! Under the bed red WWRp set!
"under the bed red WWRp set:
1x Big Red Large martin
1x Big Red Damn Large martin
1x Kruschev Memorial guard rpg Bramble
1x Kruschev Memorial guard sabre MK2 Bertie
1x Kruschev Memorial guard mini square"

Info about WWRp Large Martin sets and Choad surprise pack:
"choad is like first deep powder bramble, but better, as we are better now, with different decals"
"why have a toy company if you cant make crazy sets, and have fun !"
"if we sell them, you wont get at retail, retailers will get exclusive stuff, only right, they need that leverage for selling.
so nothing sold in a set will make retail."
"FUCK TOY FAIR, this is the best TOY FAIR ON EARTH !
Of course I say that now, but we wil be set up there next year, so then it will be cool to be there.. swing by and say hello !"
"the in NYC"
"ill try, its not a limited coz we like losing money but look we "cool"lectibles limited, its a " these lil fuckers take a long time to make, and the more we make the longer they take and cost us in the long run.. so we have to be careful" - Ashley about 3x3 BIG packs quantity
"more.. thats enough news for you lads!"

Written in stone data for WWRp Large Martin Wave Three (not including surprise packs mentioned above):
Pack #1 $130 usd, includes worldwide shipping

1x Marine Large Martin
1x Dam Buster Damn Large Martin
1x Phobos Defense rpg Bramble

Pack #2 $130 usd, includes worldwide shipping

1x Norge Large Martin
1x Iron Panda Damn Large Martin
1x Pink Dazzle rpg Bramble

Pack #3 $130 usd, includes worldwide shipping

1x Mod Chip Large Martin
1x Sand Devil Damn Large Martin ( Albert )
1x Grave Digger rpg Bramble

3?3 set

Set 1, 2, 3 plus Bonus WWRp Blanc De Plume $350 usd, includes world wide shipping

We have the name (BAKA) for new Tomorrow King and what a King it's going to be!
"sorry i forgot to give you his name:
BAKA"
"devours is close but not scarred, but ill say this, most complex TK yet, and my fav, no way I could release a new TK that doesnt up the ante ~"
"i wish, but no.."
"every story has a BAKA, the tragic tale of the Tomorrow Kings is no different"

"um yea...
lots to do on it still... but you get a gut feeling when its a special painting, this is one.. helps push you on when you go through the many shit days and everything turns muddy and crap !"

WWRp Large Martin goes on sale in one day and 19 hours from now, at Bambalandstore. Be prepared!

Ashley discussing Mongrel with our boardies (2000 AD):
"ha, he has a similar look !"

Let's summarize again layout of Large Martin release, but now with the surprise packs:

1x Marine Large Martin

1x Norge Large Martin

1x Mod Chip Large Martin

3?3 set

Set 1, 2, 3 plus Bonus WWRp Blanc De Plume $350 usd, includes world wide shipping

SURPRISES:

1)Under the bed red WWRp set!
1x Big Red Large martin

2)Pack 0 ( the fucker set to get )
1XDeep Powder Damn Large Martin
1xDeep powder mini square"

Quantity and prices for the Surprise packs is unknown. To remind you 3AA haven't got any upper hand for Surprises and 3x3set. So if you are 3AA member and want to get them, you must hunt them down and be there on time as well (for 3x3 set). Surprise packs will drop on RANDOM time.

Ashley about WWRp Large Martin packs
"ill have to change that modus then !"
"buy themmmm alllllllll!!!!"

About showing photos of the 1:1 Square before Beijing Gathering:
"no protos , all will be revealed at bejing
no one has paid, anyone can back out up till the first day of the show !"

Hand of faith and first AK (Adventure Kartel) book:
"AK
TP and I just roughed out the first AK book, funny shit, but really dark...
hand of fate, dont leave home without it !"
"you will like.. !"

What's with the 3AA NW/DW/DIY WWRp Large Martin set? I haven't mentioned it, because it wasn't mentioned in the latest WWRp Large Martin info on the threeA blog, so I decided to wait for the clarification/confirmations on that one. Don't stress over it guys, packs are dropping soon and we will know all the info!

Ashley giving out some comments on Large Martin release:
"ash has plans"
"on how not to be locked out..."
"i got nothing to report...
LM anc Co tomorrow.."
"AUSPUBLIC
in WWR australia is a republic, known as AUSPUBLIC in the military arena.
As australia is one of the best spots to launch craft into space, it has become an important player in the scheme of things !"

Ashley in his art thread:
"the good are the ones I want to sell, I want them out there in the wild !!"

3AA set of WWRp Large Martins was confirmed by Ashley, it would cost 130$ (prior to discount) and will have NW LM, DW LM, DIY Damn Large Martin inside.
"NW DW DIY set to go for 3AA, 130 bucks !"
"yup, ready and waiting"

More information and stories about bots featuring in this release:
"all is ready !!
Norge is first line defence corp for Norway, their brightest and best!
Martian Dam Buster DLM were used to well, blow the fuck outta dams all over europe, a Martian way of saying, fuck with us, we shall fuck with you.
MOD have many bots, some never seem outside of their ranks, giving more weight to the Rothchild connection. Some even swear they have seen MODified Armstrong units on earth sporting MOD colors ??"
"you cant have a 7bones set..
and yes, these are the first martian bots
armstrong in 1G, man those backpacks would have to HUGEEEEEE if they did exist."
"joking 1k"
"why Norway, why not, the colors said Norway, I think it just cool that Norway would have a special defence unit. I do most things because I think " oh that may be cool"
Im not mister deep and meaningful...Or am I ?"
"well then Mars would have sent a DIKE buster Square to fuck with the Netherlands."
"the ENGLISH are coming andy.. not long."
"DISCO BAY BERTIE"
"No royals left in WWR"
"The national front wage a gorilla war against the powers that be. the UK is in quite a bit of bother."

"Mr frosty is Mr frosty, Deep Powder is a different application of camo"
"pics are for wussies !
fire blind !!!!"
"ok, thats a cool amount, I have not counted, I just look straight ahead and keep running."
"you mean the 3x3 set, plus both super sets.... right ?"
"as there would be such a small amount of people wanting to spend 600 odd bucks on a big ass set, it would be hard for the logistics ( making a small number of shipping boxes etc ), and pretty costly as it would be a big shipment via ems etc."

Ashley talks about his art:
"new stuff.. me
older around the place, but Im only interested in new stuff.."
"I use anything I get get, photos, imagination etc.. but mainly its from the hip, I guess thats why its look like an ash wood.
most times im crying and sweating the shit out"

And again to summarize anything and get rid of confusion:

WWRp Large Martin: WWRp is 12th scale, The WWRp Large Martin is 10″ tall and like all other WWRp FULLY articulated like the 1/6th versions!
WWRp Large Martin goes on sale in 12 hours and 20 minutes on Bambalandstore.

The packs:

1x Marine Large Martin

1x Norge Large Martin

1x Mod Chip Large Martin

3?3 set

3AA goodies

NW Large Martin, DW Large Martin, DIY Damn Large Martin, $130 usd, included word wide shipping

SURPRISES:

1)Under the bed red WWRp set!
1x Big Red Large martin

2)Pack 0 ( the fucker set to get )
1XDeep Powder Damn Large Martin
1xDeep powder mini square"

Quantity and prices for the Surprise packs is unknown. To remind you 3AA haven't got any upper hand for Surprises and 3x3set. So if you are 3AA member and want to get them, you must hunt them down and be there on time as well (for 3x3 set). Surprise packs will drop on RANDOM time, all the prices are mentioned PRIOR to 3AA discount

WWRp Large Martin goes on sale in three hours and 20 minutes from now!

February - 2010 Lmsale19.th

Guys, please listen carefully, we have a new rule. During release nights in the thread dedicated to the release, like WWRp Large Martin thread today, only serious questions/problems can be posted. Everything else would be deleted by us, the mods. This is done, to get rid of all the nonsensical and help to people, who have some serious questions and problems about the release. The thread where you can make relatively on topic friendly chat or go insane during the releases, would be called Release night and it's located here:
http://3atoys.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=3064&start=1
Thanks for reading this and I hope you will follow the rules and don't cause any troubles

Large Martin goes on sale in two hours!!!

Ashley about his art:
"my art is more interesting than why and wherefores of buying."

In the F5 Bar and Grill section, Release night thread:
"Gimby is your Bar-man, discuss the current release and associated mutterings!"
"this is our virtual pub chaps, grab a real beer, hang out here and discuss the release etc, have fun, without steering the toy thread into madness!"

Information about WWRp Large Martin release:
" Blanc will never see release again"
"oh yea, people were asking about Asian bots, I said disco bay , as a reference to a community in Hong Kong called Discovery Bay, known locally as disco bay.
kinda obscure..yes ! "
" I have a good idea how many are needed, im gunning for that, with Kim at NYC toy fair im alone, so I cant be stopped !!!" - as about quantity of the WWRp Large Martin 3x3 packs
"ill elave as long as possible"

25 minutes to wait!

please check the news and rules for this date above

WWRp Large Martin is on sale now..here is a link for this newsletter:
http://us1.forward-to-friend.com/forward/preview?u=df39a60ebc972356a8428c41e&id=c7a10a08ba

3x3 pack isn't sold out, it's under the toy section, or just use this link:
http://www.bambalandstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

All the live chat, during release is happening here:
http://3atoys.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=3064&start=1

WWRp Large Martin thread is JUST for questions and problems.

Surprised sets were up and sold out for now:

February - 2010 0choad2.thFebruary - 2010 0red2.th

Ashley about the limited sets:
"guys, my prontream is being nuked, easy !!"
"more choads please, best line of the night"
"store got confused, the code is right for each set, so if you ordered a frosty choad, you will get a choad, if you ordered a red, you will get a red"
"title was screwed, 0red is the code, thats what is needed"
"um the color of the grpahic says what you got, red is red, blue is choad.
everyone score ?"
"yup, some left.."

To remind you again, as always, all the limited things such as surprised sets and 3AA pack are limited to 1 in 1 hands. Surprised sets price was 170$.

A clarification from Ashley and some words on the release:
"red sets have the code 0red, if you ordered a red set early, it would have been called a frosty set but the code said 0red, no prob, you will get a red set no frosty.
thats the only prob I can see in the system"
"if you got a pay confirmation, your order is cool"
"getting to the end..
it is special, the toys are cool, but the 3A scene is better !"
"candy is the one to ask candy@three-zero.com im struggling to get my pants back on, you want me to actually work..."

Current situation:
"ill go see whats going on bamba station with unpaid"
"we can only change the order code error, nothing else, if you try to fiddle the system we will cancel"

More about WWRp Large Martin limited surprise sets:
"a few left. man the demand is really growing every release, kinda cool, I I remember the first bramble sets.. I thought WWRp was a wash out... those bramble 6 packs are pretty rare !"

Ashley about Armstrongs:
"im do digging the MOD 1G Armstrong, Yeager... !! "

More info on recycled and shit:
"F5 bsr and grill was a success !!"
"there are actually quite a few unpaid... keep checking"
"look for recycles through the day"
"ill hit the recycle button soon on red and choad sets"

Very interesting WWR info:
"MOD HATE, ABSOLUTLEY HATE NOM, N.O.M only real threat is MOD, earth and mars are kids in their views"

More info from Ashley:
"ill design the shirt, cafe press it, or find a quick way to get it printed etc"
"just so ya knows, I cant read PMs, the system keep crashing on me"
"great night guys, thanks, kim and me are always excited and motivated by you guys !"
"3x3 still a few to go, people held out for red choads"
"choad bertie _machine gun as it says on the graphic"
"thats what they are" - about the rare sets colorways
"not clean... neve4r said they were." - as about rare sets colors
"surprizeeee"

Ashley about release night:
"better than chaffed choads"
"i think its time to unleash some more !!!"
"martin, you sound frazzeled"
"check under the mushrooms"
"god, how many artists sit and sell their partners stash so you guys score.."
"store faulted, kept putting 5 choads in, everytime I refeshed"
"0, unless there are unpaid from the last batch"
"damn its always the same people, they dont pay !!!"
"yea, checkit, 7 orders of red and choads, none paid..."
"gregory, you get what you wanted ?"
"on average, 40% of our orders are unpaid..grr"
"yup, really annoying.."
"fuck ebay, cunts from top execs to bottom feeder scalpers.."
"which one do you want Tek, dads need to be rewarded"
"ebay dont care, they suck, buy from us, support us, not flippers who profiteer on collectors. yea its a bot of a chase to get certain sets, but we dont fucking raise prices on rare shit at least."
"you got it tek, I respect a nappy changer, i have just been there myself !"

More from Ashley in the release night thread:
"i really dont know, ill see whats what..something cool ! chinese new year really screws with my master plans"
"we have 4 breast sizes now..."
"I want a popbot, lots of parts to get fitted right, soon, really soon, probably not march though... Ill push for it though.." - as about next release
"nahh, for different figs, different sizes. some characters are bigger than others"
"of course there will be, just as the sun comes up...
maybe two releases !" - Ashley about releases in March
"just coz tommy is cheap, doesnt mean shit,we shall change and re-arrange at will.
little shadow could cost 150 bucks, or 90, its all how I feel, 3A is an extension of my paint brush, not a short order cook, not a marketing dept, a paint brush. and nay one who uses them know, they got a mind of their own !"
"what did it feel like, the choad that is ?"

This quotes were listed above as well, but I wanted them separately mentioned too, because here Ashley talks about next releases and March, which is very essential for all of us:
"i dont know whats next, we re not that organized ..
I want some 1/6th action"
"i really dont know, ill see whats what..something cool ! chinese new year really screws with my master plans"
"I want a popbot, lots of parts to get fitted right, soon, really soon, probably not march though... Ill push for it though.."
"of course there will be, just as the sun comes up...
maybe two releases !"

All regular packs are still available at Bambalandstore.com , including even the 3x3 pack, featuring exclusive to this pack WWRp (1/12th scale) Blanc de Plume figure. If you want to grab one, please don't sit on the fence, because we never know, when they are going to be removed from the store!

Guys, if you want to get WWRp LM, hurry up please as:
"3x3 is gone, 3AA ends in 2 hours.
then the last of the 3 packs...
last drinks, doors close on the first night of the f5 B&G."

And I'm afraid that it means, that all the rare sets are sold out..sorry if you missed one and my congrats and envy if you got one! Treasure it please and give them a good home!

Confirmation:
"red and choad, all gone, I sold the overflow my friend, Kim wont be playing with his choad ~"
"it went well, WWRp grows every release, we are not selling 1000s of sets, but we are covering our costs and can continue to build, and that is what its about, moving ahead making better everything.
plus I get to make a product with the word choad in it !"

Text from 3A blog:
Large Martin WWRp sets
"3?3 set is gone, the 3AA NW/DW/DIY will be taken our of the store in 2 hours. then only the last of 3packs will be left for a while as they are getting thin,
Thanks for the support !"

Ashley talks about the release and 3A way of doing things:
"3A is doing well, I dont think we wil be featured in BBW anytime soon !"
"the 3x3 did ok, in the scheme of 3A its a rare set still, i have people thinking we sold 500, or 2000 sets of it,much less, its cool though, like I said covers the cost, lets us keep releasing, having fun here. Doing art shows."
"big business weekly"
"noodles rock !"
"Biker episode of George and Mildred is a classic"
"all gone lads...
people check out of the store, but do not proceed with the paypal portion of checkout. the store records and generates an order based on this..
So I think awesome, 80 new orders 50 are paid, the rest are abandoned.."
"im going to ban serial order jumpers from here and bamba.."
"order and dont pay..
and then email when stuff is shipping complaining about not getting their order, but are willing to pay at that moment !"

Ashley about bot names and retail versions of WWRp LM:
"big red is a part of the guard.
no big reds at retail regardless of names or confusion."
"sand devil is the corp, the names are their call signs."

Ashley posting names of the artists he likes, in 2000 AD thread:
"Mcmahon
Ezquerra
Early Dillon
Cam Kennedy
Bisley
Bolland
O'Neill
Ron smith, haed as a kid, love now, brilliant inking
I really dug Alan davis on the high rock story etc "

Currently 3x3 packs and 3AA pack are sold out, there are still three 3pack variants (A,B,C) at the store, so if you want one, I suggest to go and get it!

More details on REDs:

"but the WWR RUSSIAN region is large. so... "
"but dont expect any new russian bots at retailm we have have line up for them already."

"not my dept.. sorry"

Shipping info:
"nom commanders and retail berties ship next, then peaceday etc"
"12 packs ship next month Im told.
no blanc commanders left"

Ashley about WWRp LM:
"choice never hurts.
best sale yet "
"nw/dw/diy martan, the rarest set of the release.."

Some board changes:
"im going to put a new section on the forum, and figure out how to do it on the blog, that updates info on where shit is in the pipeline, and estimated shipping etc."

Ashley asking how many people are going to 3A Gathering in Beijing, in June 2010:
"how many ?"

Ashley commenting on the 3AA set quantity (sales data):
"less than 20% of 3AA bought them, the other sets were more popular ( 3packs, 3x3 etc )..
its cool, shows that something that was an easy score is now the rarest of all."
"i love it, it makes it interesting to me."
"they both sold the same amount." - about surprise sets
"as we all know, everyone is different, the vocal do not speak for the quite, and vice versa."

Ashley drops some cool info and please stop asking the same question about retailers and bambalandstore versions. If it was sold on bambalandstore - it was an exclusive to the store. Please save ours and Ash's time
"IF IT IS RELEASED ON BAMBALAND IT WILL NOT BE AT RETAIL
if a large martin marine colorway is sold anywhere on bambaland, it wont be at retail, the damn large martin could be.
thats an example etc"
"nope, I actually dont have that much interest in other stuff, 3A 99% me, the other stuff is always related somehow. Spawn, MGS, 2000ad, Tankgirl, have worked on them all, like them, coarse >> respect them, kenny>> respect him. etc
but really, 3A isnt a license company, its for original material."
"everything is an inspiration, moments, feeling, attack ships on fire, like tears, lost in the rain.
I like the boxes better than the figs, as was the case with most toy purchases.."

For now, three variants of LM threepacks is available at Bambalandstore. Hurry up if you want one, as we don't know when it's going to be removed from the store!

Ashley mentions again, that some releases would be separated in scale, as only done 1/12th or 1/6th scale:
"there will be stuff that only comes in 1/6th, and some only in 1/12th.."

Men from NOM variants for retailers info:
"retailers had up end of jan or so to order the nom com, a different batch than the bamba version which started production earlier as the bamba sale ended earlier, just like the MK2. This has been mentioned before."
And again to remind you, 3A always ships fist to bamblanad customers and only after it to retailers.

Ashley is excited about approximate amount of people (already around 50) who are going to 3A Gathering in Beijing:
"wow, thats cool
amazing !"

Release Night talks, also known as F5 Bar and Grill, were locked down and turned to memories. This idea, was a great success and new F5 thread would be made, 24 hours prior to the next release night.

Our board members Devours, undressed her Chinese New Year Tomorrow Queen and made some playful shots, I thought you might be interested. More shots could be found here.

February - 2010 P10100761.thFebruary - 2010 P1010088r.thFebruary - 2010 P1010047y.th

Ashley answering whether 12 Dirty Deeds Berties set comes with Squares and when retailers will get retailer exclusive Berties:
"yup"
"when the retailers get the retail berties."

More about MOD:
"you miss the point, MOD are not a company manufacturing robots, they steal and mod the programming while being constantly hunted by all factions, they dont have the time or inclination for hardware hacking, the bots already serve their required purpose well enough, rothchild has seen to that.
and regarding the toy, you might have not noticed, its pretty cheap as is ( compared to toys of its size and quality ), the "colorways" are just that, color differences, if we made special parts for it, it would cost more, and we would have to charge more.
My advice, mod it yourself!"

First MOD bot in 1/6th scale, MOD Captain!
"damn right foxy,
ill think ill release the first mod 1/6th asap, MOD Captain...
shit its fun having a company like 3A !!"
"the purple is really nice." - as a MOD color

Ashley about Men from N.O.M (as Bambaland, not retail version package) and out of the nowhere Ashley decided to make us more NOM happy and is going to make a Desert Variant:
"you get it much quicker, its essentially the first print of the toy I guess.
Plus you could get the Snow NOM as well
you get a cool plastic NOM recruit card, and if you were on the NOM list, you get a special special recruit card.
not much, but much.."
"i meant blanc nom
but fuck it, ill make a desert variant."
"just added an element, makes the desert unique and very cool"
"im going to pre make them, a defined number... before we sell"

Text from the threeA blog about remaining quantity of A,B,C packs of WWRp Large Martin:
"3 packs A,B,C are almost gone, will be out of stock tonight it seems."

Ashley putting emphasis on the WWRp Large Martin colorway differences:
"frosty choad is deep powder, not mr frosty."

To remind you - Deep Powder, like WWR Bramble Deep Powder
Mr.Frosty - Large Martin Mr.Frosty, here is an image example bellow, from the past releases:

February - 2010 2898085642c841afa52fozb0.th February - 2010 Brambpack1id6.thFebruary - 2010 Frostyj.th February - 2010 Frostyj2.th

Since not everybody could buy WWRp 7pack of the Berties MK2 and some lucky owners still wait for the arrival of it, here is a review with lots and lots of Berties photos, made by our boardie toygodd. Click the link if you are interested.

Ashley reminding about first 3A fig - Nom de Plume:
"nom de plume was made first, way before the commanders.."

And says no to batbot or...?? Click and read for yourself:
"batbot....... no"

"cool stuff, i like that one..."

Seems like WWRp Large Martin threepacks A,B,C were removed from the store. Another successful release from 3A! Congratulations Ash, Kim and all the lucky owners!

And text from the blog, confirms this information:
Large Martin WWRp sale SOLD OUT
Thanks for the support !

Ashley posting in his art thread and answers on the question:
"for years I have just used markers, no pencils.
but im working on stories that require it, due the locals and characters."

Dropcloth Peace day aka XMAS02 shipping quote:
"Peace Day should ship next month, the packaging is probably my fav so far.. its very pink..."

More about 2000 AD line toys: Tharg and Mongrel
"tharg is coming together great,though im not showing anything new until he is ready to go.."
"mongrel is looking awesome."

Ashley commenting in "Rob Liefield's Art Assessment.." thread:
"the people that will judge our works have not even been born..."

After our members showed group shots of boardies who were at HK Venture in November 2009, Ashley made this comment, as referring to the Gathering in Beijing:
"I wonder how big the group will be this year !"

Ashley specifies again how WWRp Large Martin Frosty Choad colorway is going to look like:
"I have said a few times, choad is like the deep powder bramble 1/6th."

more news from this date are listed above

Ashley answering on a very frequent question from the 2000 AD fans, whether bambalandstore will be selling 2000 AD toys? And of course it will.
"of course bambaland will sell 2000ad toys, maybe only bambaland sometimes."
"not news, always the way, 3A are making and selling the toys."

Ashley speaking about a new character, known to us as Little Shadow and Little Shadow is going to be on sale on 19th of March 9:00am Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com, here is a small preview bellow. Countdown for your timezone can be found as always, at threeA blog :

February - 2010 Screenshotmq.th

"little shadow isnt a part of the kartel.."
"if trixie was a insane thrill kill cult chick... yea exactly !"
"lil shadow is from the much feared Shadow family, powerful mystics, and television producers."
"who hate tommy mission, thus Lill shadow likes him...sorta, sometimes..
poor tommy."
"they both sport the dark tear."
"she is great, her skull bombs are the stuff of legend !
and that isnt a veiled breast joke !"
"expected...."
"a clit piercing would be cool, dunno if I can yet.."
"18th - 19th depending on locale"

Ashley about decals on Pink aka Peace day Dropcloth:
"it has a nice decal set, Its an insanely cool bot!"
" such jerk, gaaaawwwwwwwwwwwdddddddd !"

News about 3AA membership exclusive 1/12th scale Nom de Plume:
"just finished the faus star wars blister card for nom de plume 3AA.. FUCKING COOL ! if I dont say so myself !"
"21 back style, but 3A style, very exciting to do !"
"only this deplume though, fun for 3AA, but not an ongoing affair."
"who will tear open their pack, who will keep minty mint...
who indeed !
who will hit ebay, with their numbered fig, that we will have record of ?
who indeed !"

FYI guys, new Ashley's book "Sparrow" goes for sale today. If you want to see some pictures, you can scroll through my news thread to 15.02 news or just use this link to Ashley's blog.

Ashley speaks about 3AA package details:
"you know, I have two version of the blister, one is an art version, one is a photo. the art is off at production ans has the 3A feel, but the photo version really, I mean really exudes the star wars kenner card feel...
damn..."
"no voting, i might make as short run sporting the photo, for the hell of it.."
"ill keep for gifts and diplomatic situations..."

Ashley about Little Shadow and her scooter and drops names of the new Tomorrow Queens Kann Knn and Kishoi:
"scooter will be later, or I would have said something, Im not going to be coy, the scooter isnt a cheap toy to make ~
Little shadow for now "
"little shadow has nothing to do with height, this lady can kick anyones ass in the AK world, the name is a paradox, she isnt a wall flower lil girly girl, she chews on zomb bones for breakfast, and kicks tommy in the nuts for laughs. She is the queen of the damned , and then some!"
"he fucking loves it" - as Tommy enjoys to be kicked in the nuts by her"
"im not making some pervy hentai doll, its a character not a wank totem..
thats what the TQ's Kan Kan and Kishoi are for... "

Oh...WWR Bertie MK3 news, I'm drooling:
"1/6th waaaaaay before wwrp."
"MK3 first. I dont think ill make a MK2 for quite a while.."
"off the mark"
- Ashley answering whether current painting on his blog, gives any guess of Bertie MK3 looks

Shipping update:
"Blanc Commanders ship late next week..
and dirty deeds 12 pack"

Another beautiful image by our board member zzzzz:

February - 2010 Dpbramblevsddbertie1100.th

One of the best DIY Bambaboss customs I've seen in my life - Iron Penguin - "Sgt.Alles Kaput", done by our board member makadi3000, please click here to see it.

Ashley talking about this custom:
"stand back guys, I want it !"

Ashley posting in his art thread, sharing his experience in painting and mistakes:
"I never talked to anyone when a younger artist, it was mostly pre internet, i just made every mistake ever and read books. and made mistakes. I talk to some of the world best painters weekly now, never talk about painting or how, normally its why not, or my brain is melting, or central government and its roll in regional systems ! ( thats for Jez )
urine...
medium #1 will do it, turps etc.
nothing new here..
go the urine, but nake sure you have consumed a bottle of turps before relieving yourself of the art."
"learning from your mistakes is the hardest part, it takes real insight to hold yourself up while painting etc, and think before carrying on like a thousand times before."

Tharg (2000 AD) comment:
"you should, Im not in the business of making crap or lame figures.."

You have to sign up for newsletter at Asley Wood's gallery because of this breathtaking info:
"im gonna pinch regional jeremys idea and sell some smaller works via a newsletter soon, make sure your signed up for the Ashley Wood Gallery newsletter..."
Jeremy? If you don't know who Ashley is talking about..click here.

As you probably saw there is a new updates section on our board, where we will be writing about new releases and shipping dates of 3A products. It's all only in the beginning, but I'm sure this idea will be developed further.

Blanc Commanders heads from threeA production blog. To remind you, Blanc Commanders are shipping to us soon!

February - 2010 Seeyasoon1.th

Ashley about WWR MK3 Bertie size (earlier it was mentioned that MK3 Bertie WWRp would be 12" tall, so we assumed that WWR Bertie, would be 12 x 2 = 24" tall):
"i have not confirmed any sizes."
earlier quote from 10.17.2009: "MK 3 will be 12" in WWRp"

Commenting on his mailing list and art pieces, which would be offered for sail:
" Ha, my mailing list grew quite a bit in the last 30 minutes. now over 3000"
"dont worry ayyong most people will kavetch at the prices !"
"smaller stuff.. stuff thats been baging around my studio etc"
"ill tell you guys first when its time.."
"i dont use middle men Paul.."

New entry from Ashley's blog, called Some ideas

February - 2010 Depics.th

Adventure Kartel Little Shadow is going to be Bambalandstore exclusive and goes on sale March 19th only at Bambaland !

And about WWRp Bramble Euro pouches, according to latest info from threeA HK office, not all pouches have been send to the owners and retailers, Candy is still working on it and soon all would be shipped out.

Fresh entry from threeA production blog, featuring packaging for WWRp Nom de Plume - 3AA package exclusive:
Some Deplume card stuff
You will be able to hold it the final version soon enough, well at least the Nom de Plume !

February - 2010 Noirblistgerproto.th

Our moderator Sir Dirty Girty rewritten and updated my early version of 3A Frequently asked questions, check them out, there is a lots of answers and valuable info. Everybody knows how helpful our community is and that people here are always ready to answer on any type of 3A question, even if it was asked, like a thousand times before. But now please try to read FAQs first, if you would fail to find an answer on your question, then just shoot your question on the appropriate section of the board, we mods and all the 3A boardies will try our best to answer on your questions.

Ashley about WWRp Noir de Plume and cool Beijing Gathering toys:
"never said noir for bejing, things change anyway.."
"unless you see it on the blog or website, it aint concrete, and yup, we have a few awesome toys for bejing !"

More about 3AA membership package and WWRp Nom de Plume:
"the point is your gonna have to open it !!"
"thats the point, to say fuck it, it will feel great, enjoy the fig, makes it special !
Its like an old school blister, it will probably tear in many places as you try an pry it open !"
"it will have the punch at the top"
"wew ill bend them all as well, so only I have minty mint ones"
"true , better leave them mint"
"proof cards, as in the rare RWW cards, Robot World War... Yup Paul, your a star wars dude.."
"ill post some more images of the final cards this weekend, much cool, rounded diecut corners etc.. I would say this, out of everythign so far, this is my super fanboi moment with 3A so far.. Gonna riff on micronauts next !"
"you bet greg, its gonna be 1981 all over again"

Ashley answering on the proposed idea to make the board moderators as grunts or generals and do something crazy with my figure:
"ummm grunts
oh I jest......"
"they* need more time in the field..
NOM aint a cakewalk !"
*under they Ash means generals

Talking in his art thread and commenting one of the Nom de Plume paintings, which were shown at his blog (please check out news for 26.02, to see the paintings):
"the movement deplume is cool, but these were blister cards pics, while outside of the cards constraints it is the most dynamic, its not 100% first choice for the card art."

Ashley answering whether gallery email goes out anytime soon:
"nope"

Why we are not seeing any ocean variants of WWR universe toys?
"mars isnt trying to win the oceans, that fight isnt important."
"martians are not trying to win earth, but deter them."

Click here if you want to checkout photos of 3A toys, featuring in the Japanese magazine. Photos were made by our boardie pinkertonchew, here is one to give you the idea:

February - 2010 33lfmrm.th

Ashley talks more about blister packaging and WWRp toys:
"I was originally going to put all WWRp robots on blister ( starting with last years 3AA Bramble ), but bramble was too big etc."
"ill do more blisters, Noir has one, and upcoming figures, too much fun !"
"i always like the small foldout catalogs best ( ala Micronauts etc ), thinking about what you could get, or have never seen in a shop."
"no extra cards, toys, not collectibles or the ilk !"

Speaking in the 2000 AD thread, about making more cool characters from 2000 AD Universe:
"like I always say, if the support and interest in there, we shall make them !"

WWRp Blanc de Plume, which came exclusively with the 3x3 WWRp Large Martin pack, would be in the box with the other figures. So I assume, that it's going to be one really special packaging!
"blanc is in the box with the other figs"

28.02-01.03

Ashley about mystery toy club:
"ha...ahh the jester"
"the lack over internet really made the toys seem more mysterious and tantalizing back in the day.
Its shame that cant be done anymore... unless...
you join...
3A's amazing, fuuck knows what you will get, 6toys a year of unknown size and origin club."
"i mean , no mention of line or size etc, 6 figures a year, 100 spots, 600 bucks to join..
secret secret toy club !
I can dream !"
"i would, but time is an issue, as I design it all, its a hell of a workload.. already !
ill try and figure it out"

WWRp Dirty Deeds 12 pack shipping info and photos from the blog:
thy dirty deeds
and yes, each has its own decal varaition.. Being de-ployed very soon !

February - 2010 2dozen.thFebruary - 2010 Dirtydeeds12.thFebruary - 2010 Otherhalf.th

Ashley about WWRp 12 Dirty Deeds set and confirmation that they come with three Squares, so in total there will be 15 awesome bots! One bot more than in the WWRp 7pack, which came with 7 Berties and 7 Squares:
"well I wanted them , you guys supported it, everyone will score a killer set who mucked in, it will be one of those sets that will be remembered !"
"im checking but im pretty sure we did
3 squares"

Ashley about WWRp 12 Dirty Deeds weapons:
"gats
machetes
duali pistols
they are all different, no numbers though, as it would imply a rank or hierarchy etc... which there isnt "

gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down