World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February - 2011

Go down

February - 2011 Empty February - 2011

Post by gimbat Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:22 am

February 2011

February is going to be a bit lazy months, because of Chinese New Year, but we already have something to look forward to. And this 1/6th scale something is WWR Grunt! Ashley mentioned three colorways (Deep Powder, L.R.S and Desert 666) in the wave one and there is a possibility, that we will see DIY.

Couple of WWR Grunt photos that we saw earlier. Expect new photos next week (after February 6th) and if you are interested mark February 16th 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time in your calendars, as this is the day, when Grunt will be available at www.bambalandstore.com and www.bambasia.com

February - 2011 Gruntyskuntypoo.thFebruary - 2011 Grunt1.th

What more to look forward to?

WWR Heavy Bramble MK3 AFRICAN DEF FREIHEIT and CYDONIA WESTERN DEF at retailers! Here are pics in the wild, bug your favorite retailers to get one of those (my personal favorite is African Defense):

February - 2011 80713462.thFebruary - 2011 18929211.th

Oh there is more, Popbot Tomorrow King Baka (and variants, such as 3AA version) and Adventure Kartel Fighting JC might be shipping in February , unless CNY will slow the things down. I'll let you know as soon, as I'll have the info about this.

February - 2011 Fightingf.thFebruary - 2011 3aatk.th

First from Popbot Seven Bones and TK classic line, Tomorrow King Wasabi and Princess Tomorrow Queen might see the light very soon, stay tuned for more:

February - 2011 Tkc1.thFebruary - 2011 Tkc2y.th

WWR Barguest de Plume, the second fallen...will be on sale in March. Here is one very exciting pic for ya and yes, he comes with two guns:

February - 2011 Barguest.th

Remembering highlights of the January 2011, I can't not mention - 3AA 2011 sale! Happy that our family have grown even MOAR and really happy that most of the existing members renewed their membership packages for another year. There are many questions about 3AA package shipping date, we will here more details soon about that, but you expect it somewhere around late spring. Keep in mind that all your 3AA privileges are already working and you must be able to see 3AA section , when you log in to the bambalandstore in the navigation tab. Speaking about the package, if you made mistakes during the ordering procedure or you are afraid that you made them, please feel free to correct them in this thread:
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1015.0

Now let's talk about toys which were shipped in January and already reached lots of happy customers! You probably already saw lots of pics, and a lot of toys shipped in January, so I'll post one per shipped toy. More photos of any 3A toys you want to see, can be found in this category.

Lots and lots of WWR Heavy Brambles MK3 landed all over the world, making Earth the better place...First DW Heavy Bramble photos by our forum member LordPiper [el-P] and it's a first DW colorway bot with weathering and rust...oh myyyyy!

February - 2011 2q8ze9x.thFebruary - 2011 Am2yaw.th

WWRp Noir de Plum was shipped out as well, photo by lukaaa

February - 2011 Lukaaanoir.th[

Long awaited WWRp Large Martin special sets - Frosty Choads and Red Under the Bed shipped in January as well (photos by maskotero and SimonS)

[URL=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/841n.gif/]February - 2011 841n.thFebruary - 2011 Picture32qd.th

JEA Bambaboss shipped out as well. Here are almost all Bambaboss on one pic (except PuddingBoss) by Facebook user and our boardie: julianjim , box art on Bambaboss are so cool.

February - 2011 Julianjimbamba.thFebruary - 2011 Julianjimbamba2.th

Adventure Kartel Ankous shipped out and their clamps made people smile. I got to say that they look great in hordes, here is an Ankou army by our forum member crestone

February - 2011 Crestoneankous.th

One of ten Popbot CNY Tomorrow Queen aka Year of the Rabbit TQ surfaced at nyhousekid house:

February - 2011 P1010321q.th

3A and Ashley Wood calendar shipped out as well, photo by FlipCanuck, as you can it’s really massive and much bigger than 1/6th scale Heavy TK which is situated, right next to it:

February - 2011 P1000045r.th

And finally Action Portable TKs with gigantic bot heads shipped out as well, pics by memecomplex and ckvan:

February - 2011 Memetks3.thFebruary - 2011 Comparisonv.th

What about January sales you might ask?
Well, there was that very special NW&DW Commanders sale:

February - 2011 Nomcomnwdw.th

Surprises of the sale featured: NW NOM Heavy Bramble (later available for almost 24 hours as general release, due to unprecedented demand...think about it FIRST NOM bot and comes with a massive knife) and super limited two hands Popbot

February - 2011 201132February - 2011 201142t.th

Cool stuff , which we saw in January:

Action Portables Popbot and WWR Heavy Bramble making it’s way into 1/12th scale:

February - 2011 Stuffbn.th

WWR DW Bertie MK3:

February - 2011 Dwmk3.th

WWR Caesar knife:

February - 2011 200110.th

3A and Bandai , Ashley and Kim are gone to Japan and we are can't wait to hear the news about 3A and Bandai collaboration.

WWR JDF Dropcloth, unfortunately it’s Japanese retailer exclusive and all 200 will be sold at Japanese Wondercon, but there will be which will be available at Good Smile (Japanese retailer) website:

February - 2011 Teaseone.thFebruary - 2011 Square.th

MILK Dropcloth - availability unknown:

February - 2011 Milkdc3.th

As it’s impossible to remember everything, feel free to check my 3A daily news archive and January in particular.

Couple of words I always say about 3A forum and your stay here. I hope you will not only have a great time here and fall in love with 3A spirit and collectibles, but find lots of friends and alike thinking people, with whom you can share everything.

And one last thing, if you don't want to read FAQs, all buying/selling/trading inquiries are prohibited on our board and will get you in trouble, so please don't even try. Being on 3A board is a privilege and team of our MODS (ennui, eseffinga, Gar, Gimbat, gregory and Sir Dirty Girty) will do our best to keep this house of 3A clean from anger, bad vibes and regular discussion board bullshit. Let’s make this place even better this month!

P.S.
Guys, I really appreciate the feedback on this month summarize, each time I try to make it better and better , it’s becoming super time consuming as well...so if you aren’t that interested and just scrolling it - let me know. And I will keep it clean and simple, just plan day to day news. Thank you!

Previous news of two last days of January 2011

Heavy Bramble sale will end up an hour earlier than previously mentioned. So today at 4:00 PM Hong-Kong time, if you are confused, here is a link to find out current time in Hong-Kong:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=102

Ashley about this and now we know, that next big NOM (WWR) bot coming for sale - will be 1G Armstrong! WWR Caesar will hit the store relatively soon and we will see Harold MK1 (bot on tracks), yeaay!
"Im thinking everyone thats want a NW HB NOM has it now or close, 4 pm my time ill stop the sale, so thats a little while left.
Next Nom-bot 1/6th is a 1G Armstrong, and of course other colorways.
Caesar will be appearing soon, and my personal fav now, Harold MK1, this isnt the Harold you have seen.
The Surpreme nom will also be popping in to say hello and run a rubbery hand over her rusty robots !"
I personally can't wait to see so called female de Plume - Surpeme NOM Commander!

You probably know that 3A is planning to make clothes (currently it's been only super rad t-shirts and hoodie - 3AA 2011), here Ashley talks about female clothing:
"I would dig making ladies gear, infact I believe in my abilities enough to think they would be damn cool . only hurdle, will enough buy to cover the expense, I dont care about making money, just owing it sucks!
Ill look into iron on transfers and other avenues, but I tells ya, 3A panties in a vinyl robot of some type would be awesome. Rubber, PVC would be great Smiley
I would never ban a photo of panties with a 3A angle... I see that as a win for everyone !"
So sisters...who wants some panties with 3A logo?

CNY Tomorrow Queen photo by nyhousekid:

February - 2011 P1010321q.th

Retail Heavy Brambles: AFRICAN DEF FREIHEIT and CYDONIA WESTERN DEF (saw the photos at ABC express , but for obvious reasons removed their logo from the photos):

February - 2011 Adh8.thFebruary - 2011 Adh7.thFebruary - 2011 Adh6.thFebruary - 2011 Adh5.thFebruary - 2011 Adh3b.thFebruary - 2011 Adh1.thFebruary - 2011 Adho.thFebruary - 2011 Western.thFebruary - 2011 Western2j.thFebruary - 2011 Western3.thFebruary - 2011 Western4.thFebruary - 2011 Western5.thFebruary - 2011 Western6.thFebruary - 2011 Western8.thFebruary - 2011 Western7.th

Like 'em? Ask your local retailer who carry 3A to sell you one, or if your local favorite store doesn't carry 3A...well educate them about these toys! They are worth having. My personal favorite is AD, love cross decals.

NW Nom Heavy Bramble sale is done and F5 bar is closed, next known release is - WWR Grunt, February 16th, 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time.
"shutting down the sale, gotta turn of the computers now !
thanks, hope everyone got what they wanted, see ya soon"

Never forget that 3A forum is a place where miracles happen and legends are born. Ashley actually listens to a fan and tries to find a golden middle that would satisfy 3A (and don't make company broke) and makes the most fans and supporters happy.

Don't know about you guys, but I am a huge fan of Big Red colorways in WWR and WWRp...always wanted to see more WWR 1/6th scale bots in this colorway...Bertie , Brambe, Armstrong...looks like there is a chance that Big Red Heavy Bramble will be made. Please hold your fingers crossed for one! First Big Red bot - Large Martin, to give you some idea:

February - 2011 Martindecalbigred.th

"hmm Big RED Heavy
yea, I really thought you guys would be done with that colorway... I think we can arrange sumon, after CNY ill have a sample made, see if its cool etc.."

Ashley about female clothing (panties) in 3A style:
"ok il gonna make sumin panti-ish , Kid Akira is gonna get a pair for free so he can strut his photos online !"

Cool Action Portable TKs pics , you probably forgot about...featuring all Action Portable TKs + black and white botheads, which most likely will be seen with Negro (black one) and Blanco (white one):

February - 2011 Ap1z.thFebruary - 2011 Ap2p.th

And Action Portable TKs pics by our boardie nikechen and Brock Watson:

February - 2011 Nikechen.thFebruary - 2011 Brockwatson.thFebruary - 2011 Brockwatson1.thFebruary - 2011 Brockwatson2.th

Oh and some people are really surprised that I do 3A coverage and post about news column updates in twitter & facebook...common guys, links are in my signature!

February 2011

More Action Portable TK's pics, featuring comparison shots of 1/6th TKs and OG bot heads (from first TK's release in 2009) next to new bot heads. Original bot heads have bright yellow colors. The photos are by: slimjim, ckvan and MalcolmLittle:

slimjim comments about bot heads comparison: "As you can see, the one on the left is the OG TK Bot Head, and the one on the right is the AP TK Bot Head
The OG TK bot head is a more bright yellow, and the AP TK Bot head is a dull, matte yellow."

February - 2011 Comparisonv.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwan4.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwan3.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwan2.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwan1.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwankiba.thFebruary - 2011 Slimjim1.thFebruary - 2011 Slimjim.thFebruary - 2011 Malcolmlittle.th

Ashley joking in "What's on your walls" thread:
"it was a bootleg
sorry eric, I never painted that
only unicorns and rainbows !"

1:1 Nabler is coming, but sadly for Ashley only....and here is Ashley speaking about this and his art:
"not really that different , just have more nuts to do what I think is cool, and not so concerned with with making it appealing, the Nabler is actually my most focused works to date, they have a narrative , yet its unclear to a general viewing, if you ever see me in person, ill explain it. If I had to define my art periods, the Nabler is my first 100% thought out movement. 2012 will see the fully finished versions and ideas. All the stuff you are seeing is sketches, apart from the Chuddy painting which was a proof of concept.
I need a full size nabler head to paint from.. KIMMMMMMMMM !"
"start saving gimbs.
The nabler is for me only, not gonna sell it.."
"sad about nabler, you dont want a NAbler in your house..
just for me, only I can tame it"

Chinese New Year is coming...I want to wish lots of fun to all our boardies , who are celebrating CNY and best of luck with the final preparations!

Our Japanese boardie kadoo, offered his help in obtaining infamous JDF Dropcloth + Square set. BUT PLEASE read through his rules, as it's not first come - first serve basis list.
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1090.0
and knowing how lists are going here and that we have "no list" policy, this case is an exception...so don't make me regret, that it was allowed, SO PLEASE BEHAVE.

WWR bot sniper figure is coming (he is a human who is killing bots, not a bot):
"the sniper is coming..... BIG GUNNNNNNNNNN"

Ashley about Grunts possibility in WWRp (1/12th scale)
"if its possible, and at the moment its looking a bit suss we will, but the reality is it doesnt look cool yet, we are trying, we wont give up, but for now its all R&D"

Don't forget that we have a date for WWR Grunts sale, February 16th - 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com

Latest post from Ashley's art blog, featuring magnificent painting:

February - 2011 Oceantotem.th

a picture
showing the progress on Ocean Totem, as seen in a previous post etc, it's a friendly WWR painting.

About the person on the painting:
"not a grunt, a Rothchild field Inspector"

Exciting news from 3A production blog:
Oh yea
Kim and Ash will be in Japan this weekend, hanging out with Goodsmile at Wondefest, they might even mention 3A’s collaboration with Japan’s biggest toy company Bandai …. its gonna be big!
And here is a thread, where you can discuss it for now.

Ashley joking and being secret about 3A & Bandai collaboration:
"3AxBandai will make the greatest DIY Korean BBQ set ever !!!"
"......"
"........."

Barguest de Plume is coming soon! Hopefully we will hear lots of more news about him after Wonderfest:
"Barguest is nearly here....."

Posting in "Artist you like" thread:
"shit happens, with dog food and art
to the universe they are the same, it just depends on what time of day it is when you look at it !"

Explaining how he wants "Popbot" game to happen and that there will be something very exciting (if you like Popbot) at SDCC:
"I just want a popbot game ! sighhhhh
Still be at SDCC, and you might leave with a grin if your down PB !"

Happy 4709 Chinese New Year to all my friends , brothers and sisters in Asia. Have a good family reunion meal and lots of fun! Wish you happiness, prosperity and lots of health to you, your friends and family members. Gung Hey Fat Choy!

Our boardie memecomplex is pushing WWRp Bertie and Action Portable to the extreme! But looking all these TK poses and capabilities, I think that even meme haven't pushed him to the fullest! So guys, if you bought one or two, brake this bad boys free, pose them and share the pics at Action Portable TK's photo thread.

February - 2011 Memetks.thFebruary - 2011 Memetks1.thFebruary - 2011 Memetks2.thFebruary - 2011 Memetks3.thFebruary - 2011 Memetks4.thFebruary - 2011 Memetks5.thFebruary - 2011 Memetks6.thFebruary - 2011 Memetks7.th

Almost all Bambaboss on one pic (except PuddingBoss) by Facebook user and our boardie: julianjim , box art on Bambaboss are so cool.

February - 2011 Julianjimbamba.thFebruary - 2011 Julianjimbamba2.th

WWR Barguest de Plume is revealed! On sale in March, exclusively at Bambaland and Bambasia and I got to say, he is looking even better than we all imagined! Leg holster is such a nice touch. He will look especially great next to Kuan ti Plume (Beijing exclusive)...who was the first Fallen.

February - 2011 Barguest.th

February summarize is coming, just need to sit in front of the keyboard in the right mood, to pass all my emotions and excitement to you in the right words!

Wishes from 3A blog: "Happy Rabbits to all, 3A wishes everyone a Happy Chinese New Year!"

And from me personally, once again I want to wish everyone who is celebrating Chinese New Year: lots of health, happiness, love and understanding from your significant others, people that you love and value their company. May all the bad things stay in the previous year and New Year bringing only joy and good things to you. Gung Hey Fat Choy!

Ashley about Barguest de Plume and about upcoming weekend in Japan:
"have a good weekend lads, gotta jet, hectic week, feel wiped !
Glad to see love for Ol Barguest, two guns, standard but holster and leg."

Couple of awesome images, one by Nicolas Calda featuring all Heavy Bramble RPGs (except retail Brambles) and ARMY of Ankous by crestone:

February - 2011 Nicolascalda.thFebruary - 2011 Crestoneankous.th

Gravedigger Heavy Bramble heads have been sent out to all the US customers, since decals on the heads are a bit different. All the other Heavy Bramble Gravediggers heads are fine, so you don't need to worry.

Ashley Wood art show in Paris?! GALLERIE DANIEL MAGHEN in Paris, France starting on the 4th of May and running right through to the 21st 2011. This exhibition will feature paintings and drawings in small to medium sizes!

Here is incredibly moving and interesting text about this, from Ashley's art blog:
There are so many new followers on this blog since I last popped up and took it over and so, hello my name is TP and I occasionally blog on Ash's behalf, (about once or twice a year).

So here's the news...

We invite you to join us for two very special exhibitions!

The first, (and more intimate show), will be taking place at the fabulously stylish, GALLERIE DANIEL MAGHEN in Paris, France starting on the 4th of May and running right through to the 21st 2011. This exhibition will feature paintings and drawings in small to medium sizes, (and us!).

The second exhibition will be taking place at the amazing JONATHAN LEVINE GALLERY in New York City in the last quarter of 2012. This exhibition will be a joint showing with the awe inspiring Mr. Jeremy Geddes. The Levine Gallery is a much larger space and the paintings for this show will be much, much bigger and will hopefully make you go... Oooh!

IN OTHER NEWS!

We're in Japan this weekend and hope to blog it but we're not promising anything - so if we post any pics from Japan, we hope you're all pleasantly surprised. If you're in Tokyo come along to Wonderfest and say hello, it's on for one day only, Sunday.

SDCC is a goer also - Ash is an official guest this year - thanks to SDCC.

Huge 3A news coming soon...

And huge, creatively chunky, Aussie related news coming soon too!

Stay tuned,
TP

Fresh photos from Wonderfest in Japan. JDF Paper craft Squares, take away paper craft Squares and what's on display at 3A booth!

February - 2011 Square1.thFebruary - 2011 Boothdisplay.thFebruary - 2011 Papercraft.thFebruary - 2011 Solosquare.thFebruary - 2011 Kimsquare.thFebruary - 2011 Threeabooth.th

Line to enter Wonderfest:

February - 2011 Linej.th

Some interesting bits from Ashley's art blog (click here to read full coverage):
[Ash and Kim are all set to meet and greet at the Wonderfest show in Chiba, Japan. Doors open soon. The convention floor, if this gives anyone an idea, is bigger than SDCC!
Last year at the ThreeA Beijing show we unveiled giant fiber glass squares, which are in themselves pieces of art, (because no one square was like another and all were handpainted), but as you can imagine, such things take a long time to produce and so for Wonderfest Goodsmile, (our Japanese hosts), decided to make things a little easier. Japan after all is the home of Origami. All of the giant squares in these photos are paper craft squares!

Damn....I want that paper craft Square!

JDF Dropcloth and Square set sold out:

February - 2011 Soldouti.th

Our boardie memecomplex about JDF colorway and small (!!!) paper craft Squares, which were free:
Paper Squares were free, couldn't get more than a few though, will try again later.
Yes I scored JDF and I saw them in the flesh(vinyl); BEST COLORWAY yet. No I'm not biased

WWR Japan Defense Force Dropcloth set (Japan Wonderfest exclusive) in hand pics by our boardies: memecomplex and hidy , hidy even got his JDF set signed by Ashley. You guys have my envy , congrats on JDF sets!

February - 2011 Hidydc5.thFebruary - 2011 Hidydc3.thFebruary - 2011 Hidydc2.thFebruary - 2011 Hidydc1.thFebruary - 2011 Hidydc.thFebruary - 2011 Memedcjap.th

3A booth at Wonderfest photos from kaijukorner

February - 2011 Kaijukorner3.thFebruary - 2011 Kaijukorner2.thFebruary - 2011 Kaijukorner.thFebruary - 2011 Kaijukorner4.th

Interesting info and pic from Ashley's blog:
Full Japanese magazine interviews coming up in Hobby Japan and DD amongst other publications.
February - 2011 Curryq.th

As always each month two extremely fun threads started at our board:
February 3A toys photo thread
and
February sketch thread (month theme: songs)
please feel free to check out the entries and participate!

As you probably read, Gravedigger Heavy Brambles, which were sent to US customers and only to US customers, came with wrong decals on it's head. So 3A send new heads for free, albeit very few people exchanged the heads on them, probably because they don't know how to do it or afraid to damage the Bramble. Here is a nice instruction how to remove the head by illproxy.

February - 2011 Gravediggillproxy.th

Some cool photos from Wonderfest by memecomplex can be found here and these are to give you some idea:

February - 2011 Memewonderfest4.thFebruary - 2011 Memewonderfest3.thFebruary - 2011 Memewonderfest2.thFebruary - 2011 Memewonderfest.th

Ashley returns with a cool news, Bertie MK4 in 1/6th scale:
"I think Il just jump to the Infantry Bertie next. MK4 for the purest."

For those who are waiting for 3A and Bandai news, here is a small BUT very exciting bit, told us by memecomplex:
"Ashley Wood Gundam and Zaku II, designed, produced, and sold by 3A."
But we are still waiting for official confirmation and news on this one

Very passionate post about 3A and Legion from Ashley's blog:
Back From Japan
Just got back from Japan, the Wonder Festival in Chiba for the detail orientated.

I totally feel like the luckiest guy on Earth, I get to make art, toys, visit cool places and meet awesome people, I know everyone loves their Facebook, Twitter and whatnot, but the 3A Legion is the greatest Social Network ever, because it's not virtual and clandestine, but real and in the flesh, and that cannot be beat! I had probably only 1 or 2 friends in school,I was a computer nerd, comic geek, loser etc, didn't fit the mold. But now, I can have dinner with 30 like minded people in foreign countries, ( so in your face school people whose names I cannot remember ), that blows my mind.

It always sucks to feel left-out, fighting alone with your back to the wall. It's cool to have the Legion, and other interested parties in what I and TP do, I don't feel like a tool so much these days!... well maybe a little...

But enough emo rambling, time to work and shit. Paintings have to be painted !

Thanks to everyone, who take time to look, read and take interest. the Nabler says thanks too....

and here is a video of me sketching in Japan, with ThreeZero watching to the right of me, not looking too impressed either, I'm not fond of showing my face etc, but here it goes.

I'm really whacked out tired, so if this spiel doesn't make sense... well..

After Wonderfest and lots of people (including me me me) saying WOW to papercraft Squares, here go papercraft Squares made in 2009 (if I remember correctly), by our boardie NWO.

February - 2011 Pprsquaredownload.thFebruary - 2011 Pprdirtydeedssquaredown.thFebruary - 2011 Pprdesertsquaredownload.thFebruary - 2011 Ppremgysquaredownload.th

1:1 giant cardboard Squares (the ones I posted earlier , from Wonderfest) will be available soon!
"they fucking rock, so amazed at them..
soon as I have solid info ill post !"

Very exciting post from 3A production blog, especially if you 3AA (you don't need to hunt down 3A/Goodsmile collabs in future):
Thanks to Goodsmile !
Kim and me ( ash ) had a great time in Japan at the Winter Wonder Festival courtesy of Goodsmile. Really exciting to meet legion members and enjoy spreading the word about 3A Toys !.
We are working together with Goodsmile to get the Giant Cardboard Square available for purchase for everyone, GCS ( giant cardboard square ) truly the 8th wonder of the world ! or 48th, or maybe 1008th, but its cool regardless of wonder rankings.
I also want every 3A associate ( you reading this, a 3A fan I hope ) that 3A/Goodsmile collabs will be available worldwide as we move forward, so lower the guns
Onwards !

New catalog, which will be put in 3A toy boxes:

February - 2011 Photo48x.thFebruary - 2011 Photo47fs.th

Ashley posting in his art thread:
"Kim is awesome, he is so hard on me, always saying, could be better, not sexy, draw something else... cracked me up
paint my ass.... sighhhhh"
"all fun, Kim is funny, big difference taking the piss, or truly being critical, I would have jobbed him if that had been the later case"

Our boardie memecomplex found a very interesting rumors about Kojima Productions and 3A collaboration...they are very, very, very exciting.
Since this information is now freely available on the Japan interwebs, thought I'd post some nuggets here:
There will be a mini Snake figure (Shinkawa style).
It will be the most complex toy 3A has ever done, and one of the most complex toys ever.
The lower leg alone has around 30 parts.
It's so huge and detailed Ash is thinking that this is part toy and part furniture: a new genre!
Lights up.
ETA summer 2011.
Oh there will be colorways... desert, snow, regular... start saving!
But keep in mind that it's not official yet

Naen Othman's photo, featuring JDF Square vs his smaller papercraft brother:

February - 2011 Jdfvspaper.th
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

February - 2011 Empty Re: February - 2011

Post by gimbat Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:23 am

Ashley answering on my questions about circling MGS rumors:
"dude, I dont read stuff
when the info is all released that will be it. by me here or on the blog. But ill say this, rex is the shit, ray too."
Ain't we all glad to hear that Rex and Ray are happening?!

MK2 Bertie and MK4:
"MK2 this year, maybe, but MK4 is similar, proportions are a little different.
we shall see, so many options and things to do, the hardest part is picking, time and resources are limited so its difficult !
just remember if its not on the 3A Blog, or I dont say it, its BS.. there seems to be more conjecture out there than ever."

And I'll repeat it again, don't believe rumors and trust only to Ash and official sources:
"just remember if its not on the 3A Blog, or I dont say it, its BS.. there seems to be more conjecture out there than ever"

Princess TQ pics...coming for sale soon! She is so freaking sexy and deadly at the same time...

February - 2011 84495985.thFebruary - 2011 P41w.thFebruary - 2011 P2copy2.thFebruary - 2011 27802762.thFebruary - 2011 P2copy.th

Here you go guys, best news of the MONTH!
DIY&Gebi de Plume....3AA pack with WWRp Dropcloth!
"a heads up
Gebi and DIY WWRp De Plumes will be sold in a two pack blister card.
maybe end of feb, if I can swing it.
why a two pack
A, its cool, like those rare old star wars two packs.
B, to absorb shipping we cannot sell as singles, as mentioned before, probably too many times.
the sale will be 24 hours long, if its insane, only 3AA will get 24 hours regardless.
price 75 bucks"

"there will also be a 3AA three pack blister.....
containing one commando droplcoth WWRp."
"a coupe of each is fine."
I specifically woke up and turned on PC to update the news...so psyched! DIY de Plume in 1/12th scale....WOW, WOW, WOW!

Surprise of surprises during Heavy Bramble say - Two hands Popbot already surfaced at some of the lucky buyers houses and here are photos by our board member OmnilimbO

February - 2011 Omnipopbot1.thFebruary - 2011 Omnipopbot.th

One of our boardies - ckwan , was that passionate about collecting whole set of Action Portable TKs, that he bought a lot of them on the after market...just wanted to share these pics with you, as I love people who are passionate about toys.

February - 2011 Mg4544.thFebruary - 2011 Mg4530.th

Giant cardboard Square close up, I love how his nose is looking...so sweet:

February - 2011 Hugesquare.th

In case that you don't know how WWR Commando Uncle 5 Dropcloth looks like, here is a pic by flickr user: soulburn3d

February - 2011 Uncle5commando.th

We currently don't know whether first ever 1/12th scale Dropcloth will look exactly like that or not.

Couple more photos from 3A booth at Wonderfest:

February - 2011 Dsc0175550x.thFebruary - 2011 Dsc0172550x.thFebruary - 2011 Dsc0168550x.thFebruary - 2011 Dsc0167550x.th

Our board member toygodd always there to post a review with lots&lots detailed photos of 3A toys, now it's Noir de Plume and Frosty Choads Large Martin pack, if you dig detailed photos click here.

WWR Grunts goes on sale in less than five days from now on February 16th, 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com

Ashley about Grunts and why we still haven't seen the photos AND there will be 3A Design Australia Studios:
"pics are coming, sorry for the delay, but as I do it all, things are slow sometimes, got another FUCKING FLU, asian flu hates me....
Ill start this weekend.. promise
Im going to start 3A Design australia studios, thats exciting ! had to share
No NW/DW grunts."
"Im going to create my Factory
its gonna take time, but this next phase of my creative life is the most important, and nice box to do it in is needed !"

Ashley himself and through 3A showed us how he loves and appreciates the Legion and once again Legion showed that we can give the love back! Please read this passionate and emotional post by the man himself:
"A quick storym when I was a young, 26 odd years ago, I bicycled 5km in the rain to get a copy of 2000ad in the rain. This was not an issue, I fucking loved 2000ad, and would have done it every-time so as not to miss out !
The Dredd story in this particular issue was a particular favorite of mine, Warlord illustrated by a favorite artist of mine, Cam Kennedy ! Inspiring stuff to young lad !
So why tell you this, well.
At the end of December last year I get a large package, very surprised and intrigued... So I tear the fucker open, and FUCK ME, A KILLER WARLORD KENNEDY SPREAD IS STARING UP AT ME. To say I was floored is an understatement, really.. I then checked the senders address, and noticed it was cheeky Paul Browns address... A gift from the Legion.. the tears welled up, I ran off to show my wife and kids.. I felt like a kid, I flashed back to rainy afternoon buying the comic this was from, dreams of being a comic artist firmly at the front of my mind. TWAS AWESOME... firstly a present that I actually want ( fucking rare ), a surprise ( even more rare ), Im a lucky fucker !!!
Thanks to all who were in on this, it really touched me ( ohh err ) and again shows that the greatest success of 3A is the Community and friends I have made because of it !
I salute and say thanks !
ASH"

If you live in LA area and like Ashley's art, you might be interested in this gallery show. Not advertising, just a headsup..as I already heard two people saying - wish I would be in LA area for this, so hate if you live nearby and found out about it only later on. Plus we all dying to see some pics.

Since APTK are hitting the states soon and Legion members from States are always interested where it's landed and did it hit east coast or west coast, a crazy idea came to my head...featuring a map and people pointing the location of the toy, which they got from Bambaland/Bambasia. So I acted up..if you don't like the description, then just don't click here.

Happy to announce that thanks to mr12Fingers , shipping process map have been attached to the board and can be seen here:
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/map.php
but keep in mind that if you want to add something , you have to use this link:
http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=210110
and please pay attention to the basic rules and discussion in this thread. I'm open to your suggestions as well. Thank you!

Btw, APTKs already spotted in Canada!

Ashley posting gorgeous 2000 AD piece, Legion sent him:
"ill take a shot of the art today, and post, its a corker !"

February - 2011 Photo50a.th

WWR Grunt goes on sale on February 16th, 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com
if you are confused with HK time, just check countdown at www.threeaonline.com/blog or use this: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=102

WWR Grunt pics! They will be on sale in less than 30 hours from now, on February 16th 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com , in addition to the shown colorway bellow there will be DIY Grunt and special 3AA colorway. Grunts - 120$ (with shipping) each and 4pack is 430$.

February - 2011 Gruntdeep.thFebruary - 2011 Gruntsand.thFebruary - 2011 Gruntstealth.th

As always with 3A pre-production photos, there are no decals on them...and keep in mind that 3A production toys are always 1000 times better than the early photos, not the vice-versa like with some toy companies out there.

Ashley about Grunt:
"didnt wanna fake the decals, suffer chad !
back to being sick.."
"named after Harvey Dunn, but lonely can take it too"
"4 pack is 430, singles are 120 before 3AA discount !"
"yeaa and yea to DIY"
"also a surprize 3AA colorway on the day.....ohhhhh"

Surprise 3AA colorway will not be JEA:
"not JEA
off for dinner."

Ashley about that Twin Peaks show at LA gallery , I posted earlier..sadly there will be no Ashley's art there and the whole thing is just a bit weird, as they still kept Ashley's name in the announcement.
"no email here Chad
I never got any details on sending the art, was asked last year, agreed, then nada ?
bummer.."

Time to open F5 Bar and Grill dedicated to WWR Grunt release and welcome you to war!

Don't know what F5 Bar and Grill is and you never been in one? Here is the info:
During release nights in the thread dedicated to the release, only serious questions/problems can be posted. Everything else would be deleted by us, the Mods. This is done, to get rid of all the nonsense and help to people, who have some serious questions and problems about the release. The thread where you can make relatively on topic friendly chat or go insane during the releases would be called F5 Bar and Grill, under Release night board's category. The thread is going to be unlocked 24 hours before the sale takes place and that's any minute now, and will be locked, after the figure is going to be removed from the store and I will give you some time to vent and share the excitement about the sale . Have fun there, but don't forget basic rules and maintaining positive vibes of our beloved 3A board. Since F5 Bar during the sale is really crowded and grows like several pages in few minutes, all the essential sales info will be posted in the first opening post of the F5 thread and in Grunt thread under WWR section. So before asking, please check the first page for answers.
Here is the link to the bar and drinks are on the house! What's your poison tonight? Cognac, whiskey, beer or maybe some vodka?
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1159.0

New fan podcast dedicated to 3A toys and 3A forum by our boardie Eric and others contributors, if you dig , check it out here.
"00:00:00 Intro Theme by Rob Liscombe 00:02:55 threeA motion ad by Jonny Look 00:03:28 Gimbat's News 00:06:40 Legion Spotlight: Tigerfeet 00:16:00 Roundtable: 3AA, APTKs, Ankou, 7 Bones, WWR Grunts, Bot-Sniper, and more. :01:47:00 Outro Theme by Knives Out (stinger by Hogan)"

There are lots of questions whether 3AA member will have 24 hours on this sale and I would say yes, as Ashley haven't said that they are limited or anything, so it's 24 hours.

Sweet news about 3AA Grunt + Square set and general news about the drop - 4pack will be packed as four singles united by slipcase:
"DIY is just gonna be well unpainted and white, maybe ill paint the eyes black, but that aint a DIY really, if you need to seem dont buy it, I have none to show
so 4 singles, 120 usd each
or a 4pack at 430 usd , regarding packaging, 4 boxes with slip.
3AA **** Grunt + square pack. 150usd ( and this will not be offered outside 3AA )"
"this will be the last of the old squares for the time being.
MK2 square is close !"

If you have been in F5 bar, you probably know that we have some cool traditions...here is one of them, during each drop our board member BRiZL posts his sketch dedicated to the toy, which is going to drop. So here is one dedicated to Grunts:

February - 2011 Gruntdrop.th

If you haven't received WWR Grunt newsletter, you can read it here

Essential info from the newsletter and some cool pics:
The War machine needs fresh meat to drive it fetid gears, presenting the WWR Grunt, footsoldier of Earth!
The WWR Grunt is a fully articulated 1/6th size figure ( 12" ), each colorway comes with a shotgun, machine gun, pistol and a big ol bag O hate for Mars.
Oh yea, the Jungle Ranger also comes with a machete, chop chop !

Available 16th Feb at 9-00am Hong Kong time, only at Bambalandstore.com
The Grunt comes as single boxed figures or in a 4 pack with slip. Single figures cost $120usd, the 4 pack will cost $430usd. The 3AA Exclsuive Jungle Ranger + Square set costs $150usd. All these prices are before 3AA discount and all include worldwide shipping.

3AA Members have a 24 hour period to order all toys.
*this is a pre-order, the Grunts will ship June 2011, these Grunt colorways will not be seen at retail and are exclusive to Bambaland.

February - 2011 Gruntop.thFebruary - 2011 Jranger.thFebruary - 2011 Diyy.th

3AA Jungle Grunt colorway details:
"the jungler is camo etc but with cool yellow trims.. same as the square, very stylish.... A ladies jungler !"

Ashley whether it's okay to buy multiples:
"feel free to buy a couple etc, personal use and all that, just will nix crazy orders that look like hoarders for ebaying etc.. I have been asked by some peeps if they can buy 3-4 for a squad, thats cool, im/3A are flattered
There seems a lot of interest in the ol Grunt, fingers crossed !!! A good sale would be nice !"

3AA exclusives, this time you can buy more than one:
"yup that goes for 3AA as well , we are trying new ways of doing things with the Grunt, fingers crossed. We believe he is one of out best toys, and want to get him out there, have invested in some new things to help us."

Whether there will be surprises during this drop:
"no secret drops. everything announced is it my friends.
stress free sale, the Grunts are cool enough, why muddy the waters."

About Grunts weapons, I love that J Ranger (3AA exclusive) has a machete!
"all the grunts have machine gun, shotgun and pistol. the J Ranger has all those and a machete, so he can hang with the Jungle Dropcloth and not feel inferior !"

WWR Grunt 4pack has a better price in comparison with buying 4 singles (120$ each and 4pack is 430$) and comes with damn cool WWR poster:
"oh yea, 4 pack comes with an exclusive WWR poster. oh errrr"

New ways for getting chases in future? Sounds very intriguing:
"oh dont worry, 3A will always have piss taking toys, but the F5 attack has become passe, there will be new way to release rare toys in the future... "

Grunts go on sale in less than 20 minutes from now at www.bambalandstore.com

3AA members have 24 hours buying window for standards and 3AA version.

Legionnaires keep asking will we see actual photo of DIY and Jungle Ranger Grunt...I think no, the problem is that Ashley currently doesn't have them in hand and can't make pics for us...so you have to go with your heart on them. DIY is DIY...you will customize it anyway, right? And Jung...just follow your heart.

Here is how Jungle Ranger Grunt might look like, Jungler DC (photo by soulburn3d) + what Ashley said about him earlier - "the jungler is camo etc but with cool yellow trims.. same as the square, very stylish.... A ladies jungler !"

February - 2011 51884093370c37464a04z.th

Super cool pics from Wonderfest (featuring giant cardboard Square, small Square, 3A booth and new 3A toy mini-catalog) found by kadoo, here is the link to check out the full photo-report:

February - 2011 Wf2011w004jun.thFebruary - 2011 Wf2011w005jun.thFebruary - 2011 Wf2011w003nujebanataw.thFebruary - 2011 Wf2011w015jun.thFebruary - 2011 Wf2011w014jun.th

Ashley about surprise release this time:
"no surprises !
im off for coffee !"

Grunts are on sale at www.bambalandstore.com and at www.bambasia.com

There been a question, why it says "Online Delivery / No Shipping" at bamba, when you proceed with the order. It's easy...worldwide shipping is included in the price, hell of a deal, right?

I think it would be safe to say, that Grunts will be up at Bamba for a long period of time...not sure about exact 24 hours though.

Ashley posting in a bar, on his son's big day:
"have fun, my second eldes boys birthday today, ill be around though !"

On Paypal troubles:
"if you paid via paypal, and completed the the paypal process, your fine, regardless of bamba receipts"
"and we dont charge you, only you can pay us via paypal, we have no control of your funds or info."

I was right about 1/12th scale Dropcloth from 3AA 3pack, which will be featuring UNCLE 5 Commando DC , Gebi and DIY de Plumes. We don't know yet, whether it's allowed to buy more than one...but I def. want two! These may be up towards the end of February

February - 2011 Wwrpdroppy.th

Ashley posting in F5 bar, asking whether we like not that exciting and stress free drops:
"so everyone prefer this, no crazy shit etc.. ?"
"ill mix it up."

Ashley about Grunt and Grunt sales:
"Grunts has shown the love.. Really, our best human fig so far, 10 years from now, people will say, dude you could buy the GRunt for 100 odd bucks back then...."

About 1/12th DC:
"the dropcloth is best
bet your glad your 3AA now... coz thats a 3AA exclusive"

There will be retail Grunts later on:
"retail Grunts later on, have no idea when though, need to figure out the schedule etc.
the mini dropcloth is really fun, shit, we should be making star wars figures..
LEGION demand it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! email lucasfilm !!"

Posting about Star Wars and chatting in F5 bar:
"speaking of, anyone have a sideshow desert trooper, any good ?"
"goodman sail, but im an oldman, star wars is important to me, love it, without it no WWR or Ashley Wood, its a building block of imagination for me ! "
"greedo and hammerhead are super cool, rankign as my fav toys.. so goofy, yet cool ! the ultimate balance !
Ill get a stormy, the LT one.. gotta see.. always wanted a ultimate Stormy, still have not seen one..."
"I like the Marmit, but not 100%..
I want to make the ultimate 12back set, the original 12, and take it from there, all cloth parts, armor etc... fucking hell!!!!!
cmon Lucasfilm, give me a call ~~~"
"well if someone has that license, then it moot to discuss.. bummer.
oh well, guess ill have to come up with my own star wars, and no WWR aint that"

Not sure if you remember new 3A project "Newtons war"...we haven't heard much about it, but the fact , that Ashley describes it like "too dark" , gives me a line of very cool images:
"ok 1/12th is still there..cool
Newtons war is too dark, and really wont be that popular. tis a serious work"

Popbot movie is coming?
"The Popbot film will shift culture...
la de daaaa"

Latest post from Ashley's art blog:

February - 2011 Landscape1.th

knowing a good one
When Im painting away, I know a good Ashley Wood painting, way before its finished or has been tweaked with glaze and polish, it just sits right. This landscape is one of those, a way to go still, but I just like it, has the right feel. I need these once and while, like a road sign im going in a right direction etc !

Ashley about WWR poster , which will come with Grunt 4pack:
"poster is folded and jammed in the slip..
forever to have fold marks.. or it aint 3A !"

A bit more about Grunt and how cool it will be:
"The Grunt will be a beloved fig, like the TK, an evolving classic line"

Posting in F5 bar, about dreams and desires:
"I just wanna make a 1/12th Jawa
with an R5D4 thats 100% correct...
now thats living !"

Ashley about Grunts sale coming to the end and more details on Grunts:
"of course they all have hoses, the point of the shots are to show different aspects of the fig, its basically the same, so there is no need to show the same image across all colorways. 3A isnt a mass market company and feel no need to make the selling or image presentation linear or dumb-ed down. and we always change shit.. part of the fun
gonna get some coffee, then shut the sale down smack on 9. hope everyone enjoyed this, a nice window to order, no stress etc. you asked for it, 3A delivered the breezy Sunday sale !
BUT
not gonna be that way everytime,.......
Huge thanks, the Grunt is happy, though he wants to shoot the nutjobs who order and order and dont pay.. must be a fetish ?"

WWR Grunts are gone from Bambalandstore and F5 bar is closed..here is farewell post from the bar:
The war is over , but only FOR NOW.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussions and showed the enthusiasm in the bar!
Thanks to all the guys who were here during all 150 pages and thanks to everyone, who came just for a minute to say "hello"
Thanks to Ash & Kim for making the Grunts happen and trying stress-free drop on us...now we know that a little old fashioned EMO is a good thing.
See ya guys soon!
Hopefully this month , I'll be opening the bar for DIY & Gebi de Plume and first ever 1/12th DC!
If not, then it's March and Barguest de Plume.
Cheers!

On Jungle Ranger Grunt looks:
"Jungle Ranger will blow ya socks off, the yellow accents are killer !!"
Looks he will be the most stylish and dandy looking Grunt out there.

And in case you wonder, Jungle was only for 3AA and wasn't offered to general audience.

Posting in F5 bar about Star Wars figures:
"I remember getting the old kenner 12" boba, thought the wookie pelt thingies were kinda dumb... Preffered the big ass IG88, australia was lucky to get them on mass..."

Ashley about WWRp Gebi de Plume, DIY de Plume and Commando UNCLE 5 Dropcloth 3pack:
"uncle is best, mabe ill just release this one.. force the love of uncle........"
"already said blister pack for 3 pack...
oh no, your gonna have to RRRIIIIIIPPPPPPPPP
still as 3AA, ill overlook look multi buys to cover the people that need mint and loose etc"

More photos will be shown next week, so maybe we will see the sale in the end of February after all?
"you can see more when I show the set, next week etc"

In case you missed previous pics of DIY de Plume and Gebi (please ignore Blanc de Plume):

February - 2011 Gebiblanc.thFebruary - 2011 Diycard.th

Of course like mentioned above, 3pack will come in pretty interesting blister packaging.

Ashley commenting in Hobson & Dolch thread about no more armored suits in WWR, though 3A will be making them for other Universe/Ashley's project:
"not gonna be part of WWR, doesnt make sense, its robots/humans.. anything else fucks the conceit .
though battlesuits are coming, as a part of another awesome ashwood series.."

As many already know Ashley is official guest at SDCC 2011 and that's a first time. Since there most likely be a panel, we were speculating whether this might be for big 3A news...or perhaps Popbot/WWR movie? I asked Ashley about this tonight, if it can do something with Popbot movie and that was his answer:
"im saying nothng about anything Smile"

Checkout Ashley's info on SDCC page, I love that instead of photo, there is a cool sketch:
http://comic-con.org/cci/cci_guests.php#Wood

Year of Dropcloth! How do you think the rest (apart from themed sets) will be offered? Retail love? There will be one or two 1/12th Dropcloth at SDCC and the best part that you can buy one, without going to SDCC...you just have to find somebody to pick it up. Go Legion! We all unfortunate (me included) need your help!
"i have some cool plans to get Doppies out, bambaland isnt the best way to sell singles, which are coming.
there will be themed sets from Bamba though.
SDCC will be a good place to get one or two etc.
2011, year of the droppy !"
"ill say this, my SDCC thing will be able to be pre-ordered, and then have to be picked up etc.
so everyone gets a chance to score, though you have to get it there, we cannot send out !"

Now colorway guessing begins....and knowing that IDW will have cool exclusive , makes it even more interesting. Will it be like IDW Security Bramble from 2009? Or something even more interesting?
"also IDW have a cool 3A exclusive"
"nahhh not EMGY"

Kim (threezero) and Benny will be at SDCC as well! Here is useful advice from Ashley, how to arrange pick up of the exclusives. All with power of the LEGION!
"get someone to get it for you, thats the Legion, an army of friends..
BEnny and Kim will be there too, dude, this is the mini 3A festival, SDCC is just the platform !"

On WWR bot weapon pack, we are dreaming about since 2009 and small explanation why it's still in the works. I'm sure most of us prefer new characters and robots first...in the end, how good is a massive weapon pack, if you don't have enough robots to be armed with them?:
"if I had more hands this would have happened by now, the plan is to take all the weapons plus some new and put em in a box, hell I have the box designed
but as the toy designer in 3A, im kinda swamped, and new characters and robots are higher in the foodchain
ill get around to nailing it. promise"

SDCC mule list, if you willing to help the Legionnaires , please check it out. Looking only for mules, not for people who need mule (as pretty much everyone here does, in comparison with the amount of people who will be attending and willing to help). Please read and follow the rules, mentioned in the first post.

Ashley posting in the mules list thread:
"they aint massive, but not small if you get both"

Oh and Adventure Kartel Fighting JC is shipping...end of February:
"this stuff ships end of this month im told, 2 pack is always my experiment pack, always fun..
the comic is cool too
JC in your ilfe soon !"

I'm still haven't heard from HK, whether everything is going according to plan and TK Baka will ship together with Fighting JC or not. But I ensure you, that they are almost ready and good to go. Just a bit more waiting..

Exciting news about one of two SDCC exclusive Dropcloth, 50% of the run will be available online with shipping...other at SDCC with local pick up.
"I might try and offer a pick or online you pay shipping version, 50/50 split
the shipping and handling for a single dropcloth will be almost as much as the figure if everyone want trackable quick service ?
though as I dont do the hard work of shipping or the logistics ill have to see what the lowdown is.
but for now, its pick up only"

"Benny will be there
!
ok, because i know If was wanting a special toy form SDCC, I would be hard pressed as a young lad to find help getting said toy, so Im going to put a % of them online for the SDCC denied. 10 bucks shipping and handling on top of toy price.
IDW are in command of their toy, I cannot tell them what to do regarding shipping or pick up.
So, anyone ever say 3A are bastards, tell em, yea, they are! but they hooked up the fans when asked !"

Ashley about 3A booth at SDCC 2011, that there will be none and 3A will be based at IDW:
"A booth is hard, we should have asked last year, but were probably passed out on burger king
IDW is the frontline base for 3A SDCC ASSAULT, kinda like when the military arrive and want to take authority from the local police.. should be fun..."
"IDW my home away from home"

Fuck it #3 coming to us:
"Fuck It 3 is at the printers next week !
biggest yet !"

Commenting on Mikko's (zzzzz) awesome photos, btw Mikko was the one who won 3A motion ad contest:
"its awesome, zzzzzz is an asset to 3A !
I should make a limited edition book oneday with the shots..."
Don't know about you, but I would def buy book with his photos, follow the link above to see his photo thread.

Some of the latest Mikko's pics for ya:

February - 2011 Badbotiiizzzzz.thFebruary - 2011 Badbotiizzzzz.thFebruary - 2011 Badbotbyzzzzzbsmall.thFebruary - 2011 Hideo2botpowzzzzz.thFebruary - 2011 Proudfatherbyzzzzz700.th

February - 2011 Akarabic1920.thFebruary - 2011 Popbotcrewi1920.thFebruary - 2011 Kuantii1100.thFebruary - 2011 Dropclothfire1100.th

Ashley commenting whether 50 (different) WWRp Square pack is happening:
"we want to do it, but to have 50 colorways for the hatchery to do would cripple the work flow, there is much demand for the small square, Ill settle something in the coming week.. 12 colorways is more realistic ,20 tops
maybe the beloved blindbox !!!"

If you are fortunate enough to make it to SDCC this year, be sure to check IDWs booth...as you may find something really interesting there:
"IDW my home away from home"
"actually im not at any booth, unless its 3A, and a I dont have one. im nowhere
IDW wont be selling fuckit or any 3A books ( only bamba has nuts to sell it ), though there might be a bigass edition of sumin there, who knows"

Posting in Star Wars 1970-80ties action figures thread:
"damn they are in fine condition !
who doesnt love the hoth trooper !!"

About very moving story by Jim Bailey, where is telling us his life story and what memories are linked with each figure...very passionate and private. I'm really happy that 3A forum is a place where you can share such a story and find like minded people.
"thanks for sharing the tale, this forum is about that shit, not Im better coz I have these toys you dont.. fuck that"

APTKs are arriving at US Legionnaires homes, as I type! Please use the map, to mark your locations (if you got the APTKs). Doesn't have to be absolutely accurate , for privacy issues...your city or somewhere near you - will do.
And here is a thread dedicated to the map thingy: http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1153.0

Not everyone knows how huge Heavy Brambles and WWR Brambles in general are, until they come to your home and steal your shoes! Pics by gar and mildred

February - 2011 Gardpbramblekicks.thFebruary - 2011 Garnwbramblekicks.thFebruary - 2011 Mildredheavykicks.th

Fun pic, featuring Heavy Bramble by Walther Warkson

February - 2011 Waltherwarkson.th

Coming soon from threeA toys: 2000 AD Mongrol, WWRp UNCLE5 Commando Dropcloth DC and what may look like another version of Popbot: Princess TQ! All on one pic:

February - 2011 Upcoming1.th

2000 AD Mongrol, what a BEAST!

February - 2011 Mongy1.th

Ashley posting in 2000 AD thread about Mongrol and his plans to release more 2000 AD toys:
"I love this fig guys, Mongrol, ABC, 2000ad mean the world to me, and being the one to deliver the goods is extra special !!!
Hammerstein is next, and dredd"

Next week for Mongrol? Black Mongrol exclusive to Bambaland? I want to hear more dammit!
"next week lads !
gonna try sumin new too, as the people more interested in this is probably different, im gonna try a different way of selling, more news soon
bamba will have a exclusive black mongrol ! its super cool !"

Barguest de Plume will have 24 hours buying window for 3AA members, so not that difficult to buy. Mark March 2011 in your calendars! Currently we don't know how limited it will be to non-3AA members and whether it will be an open release. We can speculate about a price, based on Jung de Plume and previous de Plume prices, it got to be around 150$. Not bad for iconic 3A figure and most favorite Ashs de Plume.
"Barguest is 24 hours for 3AA
and see how it goes for standard
I hate to say this.. but Barguest is the best de plume to me, I dont like picking fav's, but there is sumin about the look that just works, you dont even need to pose him, and he looks cool.. always a good sign !"

Ashley about black 2000 AD Mongrol and about standard colorway, answering whether black Mongrol is an another character:
"just a colorway, Mongrol is Mongrol, think of it as a story never told version, a trip to the Night Planet, you have to Dark of color there to fit in ! hence the Stealth Mongrol !
standard is best though, make no mistake !"

About making more 2000 AD figures:
"you know, if people support the line, ill make every character ever.. simple as that"

I already mentioned couple of times, how fun Action Portable TKs to pose...now here is a balancing "challenge" , if you have one and want to share, please do post your photos here:

February - 2011 Tigerfeetaptk1.thFebruary - 2011 Martin1aptk.thFebruary - 2011 Goatyaptk.thFebruary - 2011 Jeamesaptk.th

^photos by Goatbot, tigerfeet and anubis2night

Mongrol sale details
date: February 28th, 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time, www.bambalandstore.com
price: 250$
availability: significantly more than 24 hours for standard versions; no info about black one
retailers: will be offered Mongrol as well, black version Bambalandstore exclusive

Ashley about Mongrol sale, featuring new approach to the toy sale time (and if I remember correctly, its a first time something is offered at Bamba and to retailers at the same time); Tharg 2.0 is coming as well:
"monday 28th
250 bucks!"

"well retailers will be offered at the same time as its offered online
and the standard Mongrol will stay in the store for as long as I can keep it there, more than 24 hours
2000ad toys will get a different treatment of sale.
also we will offer a THARG 2.0 , updated gloves and boots, featuring a new logo etc. this will offered to retailers only"

People tend to overlook this, so here is a small educational speech from me. If you want to say that 250$ is a rather big price for Mongrol, please think how heavy the box will be and that worldwide shipping is included in the price. Now calculate approximate shipping price and distract it from 250$...plus don't forget that everyone had an opportunity to become 3AA member and get -15% discount on any Bamba price. End of transmission.

Ashley about WWRp Dropcloth and DIY&Gebi de Plumes (1/12th scale) release date:
"mid march."

More details about Black Mongrol and standard version:
"black version is just for bamba, not a 3AA exclusive.
bamba will also have the authentic Mongrol, which retailers will get too
You know, sell 100 or 1000, I dont care, im proud of this fig, it will be considered a high mark of 3A I think!"
"support retailers too.. these guys are a lifeblood for 3A too !"

So if you want to see significantly more 2000AD figures show some support to Bambaland and retailers!

Prepare for more Popbot movie details soon...it's on! NO, I MEAN SERIOUSLY! IT'S ON!
"no one is getting Pop , me and Pete Ford are gonna freak you guys out soon...
i mean really... FREAK THE FUCK.
I hope no one thought we had stopped on the path to Popbot movie heaven..
Hell no, this is the one... just saying..."

Commenting on Sony Pictures acquiring rights to Zombie vs Robots comics....it feels that Hollywood constantly wants a piece of our beloved Ash!
"this aint a 3A film, im not involved creatively , just apart owner of the comic, nothing more. nothing is changing with my Toys, no can tell me what to do with them either, now or later."

3A toys shipping process map, has already 46 entries..who is going to be 50th?
Common guys, please show some love to the map...especially with APTK...get a bit of training, before we will witness Fighting JC and Tomorrow King Baka popping here and there.

Ashley about most mysterious WWR bot so far - Caesar. Don't know about you...but Rotchild Internal Defence and Caesar itself sound super bad ass.
[coor=green]"caesar can gut a dirty deeds..
caesar is pretty fucking tough, and only works for Rothchild Internal Defence. ( R.I.D )
they are everywhere, doing strange and wonderful things in the name of Rothchild.
think about it, he would make a bot that can outclass others for his own personal army...
The sample is rocking, you guys will love this guy, different, but with the rothchild flavor "[/color]
"the day he found out about the dirty deeds, his first thoughts were
A: fuck them
B: fuck them
C: I need a Caesar to pay tribute to me and my pantheon of Rothchild
D: and fuck them up
E: naturally"

Speaking about 2000AD, want to remind you that next figures in line, after Mongrol will be: Tharg 2.0 (only for retail) ; Hammerstein and Dredd.

Caesar will be next WWR bot to come on sale...
"soon, he is the next major WWR bot to go on sale"

Ashley about Rogue trooper character (shown bellow to give you some idea about him, not 3A toy)

February - 2011 0806rogue1.th

"rogue is a must, actually one of my fav characters right there, war shit is awesome, some great robots too in those early stories.."

A bit more about Caesar:
"it is all of the sbove, they are thought points, not options"
"no" - about giving us a hint on colorways
"well he has body guards
operatives in different locales" - Rotchild has Caesar bodyguards

2000AD Mongrol sales info:
The first of a series of seven A.B.C warriors, Mongrol goes onsale this Monday, February 28th 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time. Mongrol is standing 30cm high and his shoulder width is 35cm. 250usd which includes worldwide shipping from Bambalandstore.com or from your local classy toy retailer.

February - 2011 Mongrolnew.th

Caesar got pissed off at the fact that Dirty Deeds planned assassination of Rotchild:
"yea, but the fact they tried to do it, regardless of outcome.
that pissed ol Rothy off"

Ashley posting in 2000AD thread:
"just like with mongrol, I style it on the classic with changes.
I really like the dynamicness of Bisleys Hammerstein.. Mcmahon is ABC to me though !"
"good man martin..
make way for the whole squad.. and Ro J!"

Fuck it #3 pages from Ashley's blog:

February - 2011 Fuckit3comicshit.th

So Fuck It 3 is nearly upon us, really enjoying making a book regularly, a true pleasure.
Here is some art from book 3.
oh yea, its nearly 100 pages long this time....

Cool stop animation video by Winston Mac Cool, featuring his favorite toys...among them: TQ, Euro Bramble and Tommy. Click on the image if you dig such things.

February - 2011 Screenshot20110224at005.th

You probably heard that 1G Armstrongs will happen in 1/6th scale, so in todays news - WWRp 1G EMGY Armstrong will get a bigger brother in 1/6th scale...Oh damn...I love EMGY colorway! It will be first big bot (apart from 1:1 Square and EMGY Dropcloth), which will rock one with pride.
"emgy 1 G 1/6th is go ."

Here is how 1G WWRp EMGY Armstrong looks like:

February - 2011 W217279331.th

Ashley dropping bomb after bomb, about Popbot movie:
"well considering Im the source and Creative Director, expect the shit !
I think we will have sumin soon to prove we are not dicking out here, dumbing down etc
Popbot is my well.. you know
Pete Ford and me are doing something not done often, more info and details soon.. yea, people will go ...WOW, really ?
you heard it here first Legion !"
"no maxx"

With Ashley as creative director...nothing can go wrong. It's going to be the best possible Popbot interpretation ever!

Posting in 2000 AD thread (about Mess), meanwhile time is ticking and only 3 days and some hours left..before Mongrol sale starts at www.bambaland.com
"steelhorn is the MESS right ?
unless Im fucking tired and thunking crazy..."
"I thought so, so yea, you are getting steelhorn , just in MESS form, which is you ask me is cooler
Ro fits in, coz I say so. plus you cant play RO-BUSTERS without Hammerstein and Ro Jaws !"

"do we need a thrillsucker ?"

Click here to read more about Mess.

Ashley keep dropping bombs about Popbot movie , first info from his blog:
Robot films and knickers...
So there is talk of Robot films these days, I have been a Robot enjoy-er-rer for a long time, actually since the day I got chicken pox, waaaay back in the 70's. To help quell my rapidly spot-er-fying nightmare, my awesome mum got me my first robot toy I can remember. The robot in question was a Zeroid, the grey one. Now these were 60's toys, but in Australia back then, that was a current toy ! I played with that sucker, untill it broke a week later, which in turn made my mum buy me a new one ( early note to self, destruction equals new shit ). So yea, there it is, Zeroids are kinda too blame for ashley wood.
Im a super lucky guy, art, toys, movies etc, I have the fortunate dis-position of having Disney and Brucky on point for WWR, Bay and Sony for ZVR, and lets not forget the final part of my first robot trinity, Popbot is being done a different way, ill have more info soon.. its kinda fucking cool...
really
I never mentioned knickers..
mmm
Well knickers are great when they are one size too small, cutting in a little, creating more curves n shit.
there, all done.

Now what was said on board, which filled my dark heart with joy and gave me butterflies:
"you guys know thats crazy, but hey, you never know what we will have with us...." - commenting on what might be shown at SDCC 2011
"but, its not Warhol, never was, just kid , a kid with a dream, but what of the world he dreamed..
Popbot will amaze and enthrall and give you a chub.
it will look like the dogs whatnots, and sound like heaven through speaker made outta alabasta skin
or it aint getting done.."

Movie ratings:
"dude, why would I release PG113, I WANT XXXXXXXX and robots
fuck, I dont care about pleasing the masses, never have, there is enough of "US" to make shit a success
Ford and me are not PG!3'ers...
R or nothing"

A bit info about plot in the Popbot movie and that it will be different to Popbot comic and will have an ending:
"the film will have an ending, but the comic will continue to its own.
the film isnt an adaption, but a Siamese twin.
the ending is important for a character, but there is a whole universe of tales, imagine when Sham and her sisters were the marshals of all they saw, or the Yesterday Kids, were the Kids of today.
When errant Stars ( as in celestial bodies of fusion ) did bank heists, when robots wore trousers, when cats fucked the world in its ass, when swords could stop time, when naked woman wore contempt for life as their choice in garb.
When a cowboy only wanted revenge but lost his pal Horse and all his teeth.
When a son only wanted hug.
etc etc"
"ok enough shit, Pete and me are hard at work, we will have more to tell soon.
off to paint, thats where the ideas live"

Once again, another reminder about 3A customer service and how helpful Candy is:
"just keep asking candy probably have to make them, we dont have spares etc, normally butcher left over toys.
candy is there for this stuff, she wants to help."

So, if Toy Gods forbid, your 3A toy arrived broken or you took it out of the box and without any intentions, broke something...make some photos and contact candy@three-zero.com , she will do her best to help you!

Intel footage of WWR bot Caesar (which is going to be next WWR bot release), they estimate this sucker is 10feet tall:

February - 2011 Intelk.th

Ashley about Caesar:
"intel says he is the shit....."
"rothchild doesnt fuck around when it comes to personal security , these guys can fuck up any bot at close range, course getting pounded by LM or MK3 at mid range will slow his advance.... a little"

Ashley commenting in Popbot movie thread:
"sail is throwing shit at me !"
"gimby, I have had shit thrown all my life, I can take it
I live by an old an proverb
Better to die on your feet, than to live on yours knee's
cant lose with that in your pocket.
Sail is fine, he knows that I know that he knows whats what."
"all art direction, creative direction and anything else I see fit , BUT there are lots of talented peeps out there that are bringing their skills and foo too, . But this is 100% ash robot flick, shit will look like no other !
still gotta deliver, talk is rather cheap...
Im really off to paint now !"

First of all let's start with new Ashley's twitter, if you are interested in his art, toys and it basically cover everything Ashley Wood and T P Louise. I bet it's going to be jammed with movies (Popbot, WWR ?) info and other cool stuff! So if you have twitter sign up: here

Pic from Ashley Wood's twitter, which feature all kinds of cool stuff, starting with enormous quantity of Ashley's art, Nightwatch Bertie MK3 and finishing with a pile of TKs! I would start a new thread, just to discuss everything which can be found on that pic.

February - 2011 X24c1c800.th

WWR Caesar is going to be 14" tall, but not as tall, as Bertie MK3:
"not as big"

Caesar is going to be very original looking, only new parts on this bad boy
"looks likes no other, wait till you see them, no re-used parts!
its rothchild, so there is always a style, but when standing next to the other chaps, very different."

What weapons Caesar likes to use...he is pretty hardcore and violent, just what I need.
"handgun, knives, fists, robot dick, he is snazzy with them all.
but prefers the harmonic knife, as it looks brutal, is brutal, and sounds like cool guitar feedback when used."
"different Caesar have different shit, some have knife holsters, some have ammo, some just have shit..
horses for coursers"

Since board creation in 2008 , Ashley dropped unique information about bots here and there...some info was then seen in WWR2 and on bots packaging...but lots of other info is just living on this board. So when Ashley mentioned today that: "my books come out exactly when they should.
WWR vol 3 already lives on these forums."
, I realized that is the phrase I was looking for! And for a person, who puts in , re-reads and summarizes what Ashley says and tries to bring it to you in most convenient manner, I feel like a WWR chronicler. The got to be one in WWR world! Right? Not some fancy-shmancy publicists, but hardcore chronicler, like the monks had! Chroniclers who spent years drawing letters in the books and carefully creating page by page, writing down the history, as it unveiled in front of their eyes. Judging by your feedback and all the thank you, I manage my job pretty well. But hey, my inbox is always open to your critics and suggestions.

Now WWR 1G Armstrong details and comparison with 0G Armstrongs (which already saw the light), all these got me excited...especially the colorway part:
"0G is always the rare version as its just for 0G environments, not many situations need that kinda hardware ( moon defence and assault is it for now ), 1G is a combat model made for earth etc. if its in WWRp, then it can be in 1/6th"
"Rothchild made them all, 0G id very different to 1G, apart from the obvious backpack and weapon, different strengths and weakness.
MOD take what is there and tweak it, they aint the creator, but parasites if you will, that twist shit for their own reasons.
Rothchild always smiles when he see's the MOD shit.. reminds him of himself." - it's always cool to find out a bit more about mysterious MOD fraction in WWR and what Rotchild thinks about them

Mongrol goes on sale in less than 48 hours from now , are you still sitting on the fence about it or waiting for black Mongrol pics? Fingers crossed for one soon!
I will open F5 bar and grill a bit earlier this time , three hours earlier to be precise. It doesn't influence drop time or anything...since we had special time for Thargy drop back in the day, I think it will be logical to give our British friends and 2000AD supporters in Europe this favor. So "Getting SMUSHED" F5 Bar and Grill opens on Saturday , February 26th 22:00 GMT or 6:00AM HK time.

Ashley Wood and Bandai event in Hong-Kong, click here for details:
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1202.0

Shipping update:
Fighting JC and Baka - March 2011
Shadow Tommy and Terence the intellectuals choice Zomb - next week (early March 2011)
WWRp Large Martins for retailers - going out in March as well

Promised photo of Black Mongrol...Bambaland exclusive! Now it's even harder to chose, right? What I suggest...go with Black one and pick up standard one at retailers (when you will have more funds). But I'm sure you can chose better for yourselves. I'm going with Blacky!

February - 2011 Blackholeot.th

Oh and btw, got a word that AK Bleak Mission may start to ship in the very last days of March. Fingers and wings crossed.

gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:24 am

As promised to Brit boardie, time to open F5 Bar and Grill dedicated to 2000 AD Mongrol release and let's all get freaking SMUSHED!

Don't know what F5 Bar and Grill is and you never been in one? Here is the info:
During release nights in the thread dedicated to the release, only serious questions/problems can be posted. Everything else would be deleted by us, the Mods. This is done, to get rid of all the nonsense and help to people, who have some serious questions and problems about the release. The thread where you can make relatively on topic friendly chat or go insane during the releases would be called F5 Bar and Grill, under Release night board's category. The thread is going to be unlocked 24 hours before the sale takes place and that's any minute now, and will be locked, after the figure is going to be removed from the store and I will give you some time to vent and share the excitement about the sale . Have fun there, but don't forget basic rules and maintaining positive vibes of our beloved 3A board. Since F5 Bar during the sale is really crowded and grows like several pages in few minutes, all the essential sales info will be posted in the first opening post of the F5 thread and in 2000AD Mongrol thread under Showcase section. So before asking, please check the first page for answers.
Here is the link to the bar and drinks are on the house! What's your SMUSH for tonight? All drinks are on the house!
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1206.0

C3 Bandai show thingy in Hong-Kong
Ashley Wood and Kim (threezero) will be at C3 expo in Hong Kong on March 13th, hanging with Bandai and Gundam !
More info about that can be found here:
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1202.0

Our forum member ckwan keeps surprise us with his APTK armies! Real clone army there...jealous much.

February - 2011 Ckwanarmy6.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwanarmy5.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwanarmy4.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwanarmy3.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwanarmy2.thFebruary - 2011 Ckwanarmy.th

Don't know who made this pic (heard that it's made by one of the boardies) , but I freaking love it. Fingers crossed that kid is okay.

February - 2011 3x305.th

Latest tweets about Popbot movie, from Ashley's twitter:
"Im going to use this outlet as a hub for Popbot film info, as having another thing just for the Film seems like hardwork."

"First bit of news, Pete Ford must be known as the "Truffle" from today !"

"Second bit, being a Australian production, expect some Australian actors of swerve and vigor ! "

"Third bit, there is lots of Latex in said film... that should be enough right there ! Right lads, lasses !"

"Anyone growing up here in the 70's really got to see the true Hogan, the films are funny."

"but nothing on his sketch or stand-up stuff. He gave us Leo Wanker.. Now thats a classic character. Would I put him in Pop, hell yea."

"make him play Leo Wanker, leading some TK's. AWESOME !"

gregory stumbled upon very cool and professionally written press-release, dedicated to Mongrol drop:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31020

2000AD Mongrol goes on sale in less than an hour from now (9:00 AM HK time) at www.bambalandstore.com for 250$ (with shipping included). Newsletter is out and you can check it out here.
As most of 3A sales are pre-order, Mongrols will ship in May 2011.
3AA members have 24 hours buying window for both versions.

February - 2011 Blackholeot.thFebruary - 2011 Mongrolnew.th

Small extract from the newsletter, for those who don't like to click on the links:
"Spread the word, the first of the 1/6th A.B.C Warriors Mongrol, goes onsale tomorrow at Bambalandstore.com !
Available 28th Feb at 9-00am Hong Kong time, at Bambalandstore.com
Both Classic Mongrol and Blackhole Limited Edtion Mongrol cost $250usd, that price includes shipping worldwide and is before 3AA discount.
*this is a pre-order, Mongrol will ship May 2011, Blackhole Mongrol is only available at Bambalandstore.com"

This might be very essential for all those who still don't know which Mongrol to get. Ashley mentioned that all the rest of Seven Warriors will be eventually made in black color, just like Mongrol:
"yea all seven will have the glory, er I mean Blackhole treatment.
Im gonna make a set amount, leave until sold out, cant do it any other way, or I will be stuck with a 100k+ inventory that I have to pay for etc"

Ashley commenting on when he will be in Paris for the art show and about Mongrol sale:
"I have never said any def plans about paris.. please dont assume anything, unless I say it Smiley
Good Morning, I suspect Mongrol sales will not be that epic, but well worth it to me, and of course I appreciate the bar patronage !"

Whether we will see anything else tonight:
"nah paul, gotta see how this shit does, fingers crossed!"

Bye Bye Hobson&Dolch (battle suits manufactures) from WWR Universe:
"I have said they are not in WWR many times, its stupid to grey the areas of conflict, Humans/machines is good, anything else muddies the WWR waters.
So, no battle suit in WWR.."

Mongrol is up at www.bambalandstore.com

As you know...it's really hectic around here and always a chance for surprises...so BEHOLD! There is a chance that there will be White aka Snow Mongrol:
"well, you guys who get him now, will laugh when your 60 and score big on ****, this will be no question, the rarest of all big bots. I want a white one now... snow mongrol!"
"im gonna have one !
ok gonna open up the sale"

Ashley about Mongrol:
"such a great toy, those who have ordered are gonna receive a classic Robot toy !!!!!!!"

Apparently Hatchery is too busy or Ashley changed his mind...or making white one just for himself. I love how fast and crazy things are over here!
"this is it, 2 mongrols
not playin no hucksta.
these rock, people will emo when Hammerstein comes out, ans they dont have Mongrol ! dont emo at when that happens !"
"NO WHITE ONE !!! GIMBY!!!!!!!"

One of F5 Bar and Grill traditions started by BRiZL - making sketches about characters, which are being offered for sale. Here are today's sketches by nwo, expathos and Sail:

February - 2011 Sailmongrol.thFebruary - 2011 Nwomongrol.thFebruary - 2011 Expathosmongrol.th

Ashley posting in F5 bar about Mongrol prices and 3A prices in general:
"Paul, with or without 3AA, no money in this.. crazy too, I dont get it !"
So if you still think that 3A charges big price for our toys, you think wrong.

28.02-01.03

More Mongrol art work from our boardies gregory, 3aChick, Darthgothikus, firehazzard and BRiZL:

February - 2011 Darthgothikusmongrol.thFebruary - 2011 Gregorysmush.thFebruary - 2011 3achickmongrol.thFebruary - 2011 Firehazzardmongrol.thFebruary - 2011 Brizlmongrol.th

I don't care how silent F5 bar was tonight, what I love the most, that Mongrol reached and touched people hearts, just look how many of them did the sketches and spent their time to do that! Thank you guys!

Ashley about sales:
"sales are ok, but this is a long game, not a get rich quick affair !"

Posting about Dropcloth:
"nice to see the DC still bringing the happy !"

Fuck it #3 going for sale really soon?
"they are"

Less than two hours left until 24 hours 3AA buying window closes for Mongrol...so make your choice. Don't know how long Black one will be up there as well.

Magnificent Mongrol is still up for sale at www.bambalandstore.com

Ashley about not bringing Bertie MK2 in 1/6th scale:
"I gots new stuff to do, MK2 will be WWRp domain for now."

As mentioned earlier Adventure Kartel 2pack Night of the inky black things, feat. Tommy Mission and Intellectual Zomb Terence are shipping out this week and for many it was a good chance to buy their first Boiler Zomb sculpt and Tommy Mission:

February - 2011 Tommye.thFebruary - 2011 Tommyinky1.th

F5 Bar is closed and Mongrol left Bambalandstore.com .... hopefully all those who haven't had a chance to buy one, will get standard versions from retailers.
Small F5 bar closing speech:
Congratulations to all who scored Mongrol and best wishes to everyone who have plans to buy him from retailers.
Thank you for great time in the bar and making the sketches! Who cares about number of pages? We still managed to have some fun and lovely time.
I hope to see you here for the next drop and hopefully this time there will really EMO and surprise suspense floating around. Don't tell me that you haven't miss those?!
Thank you Ash and Kim for making 2000AD fans dreams come true and making classic robot toy for all of us!
Cheers.

Popbot Wasabi TK (1/6th scale) goes on sale, on March 11, 9:00 AM HK time at www.bambalandstore.com:
"next drop 11th and then 25th... oh who will they be.... actually one is ol Bargy, and his drinking bud Wasabi..."
"but really, wasabi has been sitting in my studio looking glum, the pop war is going on, he wants to join it !"
"wasabi is for the 11th"

WWR Barguest de Plume goes on sale, on March 25th, 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com, Ashley about Barguest price:
"take a guess Gar, its what I do"
I think it's rather pointless to speculate about de Plume prices, as they been pretty stable over the years..

Some Barguest and Wasabi TK pics, if you forgot how they look like:

February - 2011 Tkc1.thFebruary - 2011 Wasa.thFebruary - 2011 Barguest.th

Fuck It #3 on sale this month as well...what a crazy month!
"on sale end of march. dont want to sell untill all printed and in hand etc"

Ashley posting in Armstrong thread:
"but what A rock, WHAT A ROCK !" - about Deimos in WWR

Kidding about WWRp Dropcloth and de Plume sales:
"or ill sell the deplumes this week !
WTF ASH HAS GONE MAD !"

Just a reminder, unless it was on 3A site or on the blog, nothing is written in stone, as things change:
"also to be clear, no two or three pack for WWRp deplumes sale dates have been set!"

About Ashley Wood and Bandai/Gundam HK event, which will take place in Hong-Kong on March 13th:
"i dont know nothing either, just gonna turn up and smile... Just got my plane stuff organized yesterday"
"im only there for sunday, and im out, time is really precious at the moment ! swing by the show, ill be there, always happy to chat"

Posting in Barguest thread:
"such a cool fig"
"my god man, identical......"

About 2000AD Mongrol and 2000AD & 3A in general:
"make no mistake, when you get your mongrol, you will flip !!!!!!"
"we aint got the 1:1 license for 2000ad, 1/6th will have to do !
Hopefully support will pick up as we go ! I think some think we are gonna do WWRp/Action Portable size shit. nope, only 1/6th !"

More Adventure Kartel figures for retail? And some news about different retail Tommy coming up:
"everyone wanted a tracky tommy, probably more popular at the time
Tiger, that Tommy photo is awesome !
the retail tommy will have slightly different hair and expression and other shit. The retailers have spoken !
actually, the retailer AK assortment is rather cool.. but that later.."
Currently Blood Nails Tommy remains single retail Tommy out there, so pretty interesting how the new one will looks, with the slightly different hair and face expression.

Heavy Brambles keep stealing shoes! Couple of photos by lukaa

February - 2011 Heavybrambleshoesluka2.thFebruary - 2011 Lukaaahbshoes.th

3A and IDW SDCC exclusive, WWRp Heavy Bramble Daywatch:
IDW will be selling these at SDCC etc, 3A doesnt know what their selling practices are for SDCC, so email Ted Adams ( or tweet him, his favorite way to be poked ) and ask him!
The image has NW Heavy Bramble nekkid not sporting his tough guy pouches etc. We will have two 3A exclusive toys that will be available online and the show ( limited amounts for both etc ) more on them soon !

February - 2011 Idwsdcc.th

Currently Ashley doesn't know how IDW will sell them, but he is positive that they will be offered online for pre-ordering first, just like previous IDW exclusives. WE DON'T KNOW whether it will be local pick up only or not, here are some quotes from twitter (but please don't put stake through my chest)
RealAshleyWood: last thing, nah, no emo, people just want to know stuff, thats cool, I dont always have the answers though
RealAshleyWood: they will probably have a pre-order date or similar, and Ill do my best to make sure everyone knows ahead of time.
RealAshleyWood: re IDW, really I dont have the detail, but Im sure they will probably follow past actions
RealAshleyWood: who said there was only local pick up, only that latvian trouble maker vampire Gimby did. stake through the chest for him Smiley
RealAshleyWood: i never said that gimby, I said I dont know. really its up to them.
RealAshleyWood: its an IDW Exclusive toy for SDCC toy, not sold at bambaland, where the 3AA is in effect.

There will be very cool 3A APP in Apple applications store soon:
RealAshleyWood: the first 3A APP will be in the er..APP store soon, the amazing catalog viewer created by 3A boffin 12fingers !
RealAshleyWood: It will have all our catalog's so far plus Entreat, and its free !

Latest post from Ashley's art blog and more Miss&Mrs comic strips will be available in his twitter:
In stead
Of doing a regular drawing, which can become boring and circular I was thinking I might like to do a semi regular Comic Strip etc. So starting today I give... Miss and Mrs ( these two ladies span all my worlds and ideas ), the first strip is here, but from the next strip its only on my Twitter, so join up !. Hope you enjoy.

February - 2011 Missmrsk.th

I received few PMs from people who for some reasons don't like or just don't have time for checking twitter, asking me to put more Ashley's tweets in my column, so until there is a demand, I will be doing it as well.

Gundam painting in progress from Ashley's blog:

February - 2011 Gzakuvpoint1.th

Ashley about Gundam painting:
"i think the angle is throwing you guys, the phone shot maeks it look weird, cool but not really like the painting actually is. still it was fun to do !"

Miss&Mrs part II (first part is above), G is Guidance?:

February - 2011 Mrsmrs2.th

Tweets from Ashley's twitter, but I strongly recommend to check it yourself (here), because I will not be copying everything:
"Im goign to start a set of 4 paintings today, big ass etc. Im going to revisit the 4 horsemen of the apoc.
6-7 years ago I did a set of 4 snowboards for RIDE featuring the horsemen. never heard from them again. they must have loved them about 3 hours ago via web
I really enjoyed doing the images, so Im back for round two !"
"re APTK, I would like a set of TK unleashed !"

Upcoming Barguest de Plume release on March 25th, got Ashley in a bit of nostalgia mood:
"I remember when we sold ol Nom, the 50 went real quick, and I got my first wave of toy emo.. good times
Funniest bit, the email prior saying how I suck and no one will buy a toy without clear and well photographs..
3A have made that a tradition... Of course without all the support from you guys there would not be the De plume legacy I now can proudly look at on my shelf !
the next nom , the Surpreme Nom changes things up. polar opposite to Bargy"
As you can see he mentioned Supreme Nom..looks like it's going to be Supreme Nom Commander, we heard a while about...female de Plume!

Ashley about Tomorrow Kings and how he likes them....to me they are certainly one of my favorite characters in Popbot world as well:
"TK's are just great, they have made 3A really fun for me!"

Summarize for March is coming from me, just need to gather my shit and write it. It's a pity that it takes so much time to write and yet very few people are interested.

Our board member Bubo, got Ashley's blessing for his fan project - tattoos for APTKs, click here if you are interested. Offers are limited and prices are more than affordable.

February - 2011 Commodoreb.th

Btw, speaking about Tomorrow Kings, hope you remember that Wasabi TK goes on sale on March 11th, 9:00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com

Ashley about Inky Tommy 2pack, which is shipping out:
"just opened an inky set, forgot about the poster of the box image, ans the Ak catalog really rounds out a nice pack ~
sorry the shipping doesnt work for ya crem, we try our best on all fronts."
"it really is a cool set, the whole package
I feel we are learning and getting better."

^shipping bit, Ashley was referring to this suggestion by crem , if you don't want to click the link, it was basically about 3A trying to deliver first toys to each separate region, like Berties first showing up in US, Tommy in Europe and etc. Unfortunately that's too complicated..

We didn't get White Mongrol...but there is a chance that there will be white version of Barguest de Plume. You probably know what a huge fan I am of mono black and white colorways (DW&NW)...so this news made me jump up and down!
"ya know, I think barguest has a doppelganger , er white version, the good that was left behind...
right ?"

Perhaps there will be 3AA version and it will be a white one? We will see soon!
"white as in dirty white, even the good side of barguest would slit ya throat, and fuck the wound while messaging i love yous to family members.."

Updates from Ashley's twitter:
M+M part 3

February - 2011 Msmrs3.th

And now Ashley's twitter, will be a place to get fresh toy news as well:
If you follow 3A on twiter, please this one, coz im gonna update this twitter with toy info from now on !

So if you followed earlier threeAtoys on twitter, please follow Ashley Wood now. Or if you dislike twitter, just check my column, as I'll copy all the cool stuff here as well.

Ashley about this awesome and funny photo by Darthgothikus:

February - 2011 Darthredarmy.th

and mentioning new character of Adventure Kartel Universe, who is British - Camden Hammersmith
"darth, the zombot is the red tracky is awesome !
first English AK character coming up soon, Camden Hammersmith , read about him and the rest on the first AK pulp novel... ~
and get the figure too ~"

But next Adventure Kartel released figures are going to be retail figures, followed by Ankou EX, Camden Hammersmith and Little Shadow's sis - Big Shadow, who all are going to be really special:
"next fig.. the AK retail assortment, then ANKOU EX, Camden, and the Little Shadows sister, big shadow.. ahh the simple names"

What's going to be next after that? 3A has a plan for AK!
"then the MR and MRs Shadow two pack, then Doc Zomb, devil boy, the spank etc..
lots to go before this story is told."

Ashley about Camden Hammersmith and Adventure Kartel pulp novel:
"good, evil, neither he is ENGLISH !"
"the novel is rocking, T P and I are writing it, its classic T P Wood !"

Don't know what ya guys think, but I can't freaking wait for this novel!
"his byline reads>>No license required"

Sorry guys for a bit of my absence on the board, our only computer been acting up and giving me lots of problems. But like I said - no matter what - I will be here with you. Gonna try to sell one of blood victim kidney's and get myself new notebook. j/k

New Miss and Mrs. stuff from Ashley's twitter:

February - 2011 Missmrs4.thFebruary - 2011 Missmrs41.th

Popbot t-shirts are coming, from Ashley's twitter:
Gonna drop some Popbot tee's soon,a Mortis one and Funlickers Gloryhole cave in tour shirt. To start the pobpot mania etc..
well these will be made in australia, where XXL means XXXL

You can talk about t-shirts here:
http://www.threeaonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=1226.0

SDCC 2011 info about exclusives:
WWRp Dropcloth (unknown colorway)
WWRp DW and NW Heavy Bramble
Action Portable Ascended Popbot with kitty
half of the run (apart from DW Heavy Bramble, which is IDW Publishing exclusive) will be available online
"re SDCC toys
so far we
WWRp Dropcloth
WWRp DW and NW
action portable ascended pops
as stated IDW are in command of DW, the others will be offered half online, half at the show.. remember these are limited, there wil not be that many ! especially the pop"
"the SDCC AP ASCENDED POP"
"course there is a kitty.
and yea DW/NW are heavy brambs"
"last year everybody said we blew for not having any sdcc toys, this we are gonna kill it !"

"yes it will, as of now there are only Nom DW and NW" - whether WWRp versions of Heavy Brambles will be similar to their bigger brothers

SDCC AP Ascended Popbot at your service (no kitty on the pic for now):

February - 2011 Appop.th

WWR Heavy Bramble NOM NW, extra dirty....just the way you like it:

February - 2011 Nwheavymontage.th

SDCC exclusive sale?
"july"

Ashley about Wasabi TK, hinting that there might be 3AA version:
"Wasabi is well Wasabi, doesnt come in other flavors.......
but they say an interloper 7bones has been seen.. I say crap as I dont have one, but some say using their 3AA scanner, they could locate a dirty interloper.....
or not.
morning all"

About Dirty Interloper being a chase...and people ordering Wasabi TK and not getting what they ordered (like chase version):
"we dont do that, people emo us if they dont get what they paid for, regardless of rareness or coolness.
Interloper might be a 3AA exclusive or bastardly chase.. dunno, depends on how many we can make"

So Interlopers will be 3AA thing, if 3A will manage to make them:
"if we can make them, 3AA wil lbe it !
for interloper"

TK classic - Princess TQ 3AA version comes with bothead and Interloper doesn't come with one, poetic isn't it?
"the 3AA Princess comes with one, interlopers dont like em, remnds them of their own heritage"

More Mrs+Miss comics from Ashley's twitter:

February - 2011 Mrsmrs5.thFebruary - 2011 Missmrsog.th

Answering whether they will see the print anytime soon:
M+M wont see print for a loooonnggg time....

More details about Fuck It #3 and Ashley answering how long he plan to do Miss + Mrs:
dunno, really, have thought ahead that much, but just enjoying it, the challenge etc
-----
FI #3, 96 pages, 12"x12" hardcover, 40 usd that covers shipping as well. Im only printing to the amount sold for issue 2
only available from bambalandstore.com
late march it should go on sale !

Another detailed photo review of 3A toy, this time it's Ankou, by our board member toygodd can be found here.

Ashley about blood on WWR NOW NW Heavy Bramble knife, answering on the question, whether we will see it or not:
"you can out your own blood on it ! you all have a little to give... gimby can help..."

Commenting on new Fuck It release this March:
"its been a while...
3 a year seems the speed, I want 4 !"

And guys, don't want to jinx it...but my vamp magic is telling me that you will see Inky Tommy in your houses really soon. So please expect pics from lucky Asian/Australian boardies any day now...and don't forget to use the map!

I'm sure you guys were intrigued by the last post on 3A production blog, stating this:
some call him PITU
We call him Pitu of 3A. three would like to welcome Pitu as our online commando and other too nefarious stuff to mention !
We are glad to have him on board !

I waited for information from Ashley to properly comment on what's going on and what Pitu role is going to be in 3A grand scheme of things. For those who don't know, Pitu is a toy blogger and was always interested in 3A toys. I've met him in Beijing, where he was invited by Ashley & Kim to cover 3A Gathering in Beijing. He is passionate about stuff he does, interested in 3A toys and Ashley's art, and I wish him luck in his journey with 3A.

And here are the words from Pitu himself, who will be responsible for spreading word about 3A and doing marketing stuff for the company:
"Thanks guys. I hope there is no Confusion Im not a Mod here or anything. Nor will i be taking on Gimbats work.
Im here to help spread the word of threeA and bring peeps to the awesomeness that is threeA and the 3A Legion Outpost the way i do it. I hope my passion for threeA translates the right way. I am very grateful for the opportunity and im aiming to not disappoint.
Thank you so much! you guys rock."

WOW! Wasabi TK is going to be 80$ per one, with worldwide shipping included. Man...to say that it's awesome price is to say nothing at all. Take that secondary market prices, TKs are going to rule displays and cabinets of collectors for kick ass price!
March 11th, 9:00 AM HK time...80$ with shipping included, be there or blame yourself for missing it!

February - 2011 Wasabitk.th

As always there is a chance of surprises, so stay tuned for more INFO!

Good stuff in the news today!

Mauro 2pack, ohhh...I dig that box art SO freaking much...one of my most favorite 3A box arts

February - 2011 2packw.th

If you forgot or didn't know what's inside Mauro 2pack, here is the pic:

February - 2011 0jc2p2.th

As we know, all Adventure Kartel figures comes with comic

February - 2011 Jccomi2.th

If you ever ordered Adventure Kartel figure, you know that poster/comic comes folded. I don't know what is the reason behind that, apart from it's cool looking and it will not get damaged/teared during shipping. Plus it has cool old school feeling, what do you guys think?

Tomorrow King Baka poster

February - 2011 Bakaposter1.th

Fighting JC packaging , number five marks the number of Adventure Kartel big releases so far

February - 2011 Jcbox2.th

Ashley commenting on Fuck It #25 issue, which might happen one day:
"fuckit 25 will be a great day...
fingers crossed !"

Oh and in case you missed that info, Fighting JC ships out in March...so this month!

Guys our boardie bubo asked me to put this in the news:
He will be done taking orders for APTK Tattoos waterslide decals made by him, this Friday. After that - no more. So if you want one, please check his thread.

Tomorrow King Wasabi TK goes on sale in 2 days and 9 hours from now. Time to get ready!

Latest Miss + Mrs comic from Ashley's twitter:

February - 2011 Missmrs6.th

Good stuff from production blog! Gorgeous Drown (Fighting JC sale surprise) box art and WWRp retail Large Martin boxes. And I will put up Drown photo as well, in case you forgot how he looks like.

February - 2011 Thedrown.thFebruary - 2011 Drowny.th

WWRp LM boxes for retail:

February - 2011 Rlm2.thFebruary - 2011 Rlm1.th

Speaking about retail, you might be interested to check this thread on our board and see comments from new 3A retailers, who provide discounts for the Legion! Btw, I recommend to all 3A retailers to post their offers there. And guys, retailers needs some Legion love, to sell more 3A and then order more retail editions, making 3A stronger and being able to make more cool toys for us...full circle! At least that's my take on things..

Latest post from Ashley's blog:
[M+M part 7 on the twatter
you really should join up Twatter, never miss an episode of M+M.
Also here is shot of the gundam painting, all tacky and wet, see the poster at the Bandai booth C3* this weekend in Hong Kong ( coz I was too slow to get the original finished to have it up there...whoops) !

February - 2011 Zakwho.th

*If you wondering what Ashley meant under Bandai booth C3 in Hong-Kong, you got to check Ashley Wood and Bandai thread for more info.

Latest M+M from Ashley's twitter:

February - 2011 7thson.th

More about Fuck It #3, which will be for sale in the end of March...and when Fuck It is in the talks, everyone is bringing up "cunt wine"
"ol cunty. im gonna buy the cheapest pissa carton etc, and relabel it all with hand drawn labels, instant collectors wine !"
"FI 3 has the friends of Nabler strip, which I found funny.. most wont or care.. but I did !"

About The Drown making people EMO:
"yup, the Drown brings the EMO as stated at the time of ordering !"

On Fighting JC release boxes:
"box is goofy"

Legionnaires all over the world and mostly from US are planning to visit SDCC and as you know, Ashley is official guest. There are currently plans in the work for the meeting and having good time together..here is what Ashley is proposing:
"there are many places around SD that are cool outside the con, there is a place in the marina, sells beer and dodgy burgers, near a grassy area, 3A could occupy that mound ! Im sure Gregory knows the name of the said dodgy burger place, sells beer in plastic cups etc"
"its more a cantina thing, lowbrow, no real eating area, just step outside to a general eating area or grass"
"its in the marina, near the ice cream and crap gift shops"
"sd burge co is it I think"

Commenting about Sparrow and Swallow book series:
"too much for me to make these books and everything else ( i designed , hunted art, put them together ), never made a cent off them, all for the love it. there wasnt really a strong enough market either, the numbers got smaller and smaller for each Sparrow.. fucking fun to do, talk to the artists involved etc.
Funny I was looking for a book and came across copies of the bambaland version of Swallow #1..ahh goodtimes"

About upcoming TK Wasabi sale, that it's okay to buy two and how amazing 7Bones will be, when aligned together:
"buy two..
seven bones will look fucking great standing together, we are really gonna mix it up.. 7B fans will not be disappointed !"

Commenting in 2000 AD original art thread:
"thats a fine piece o ass spooky !"

Series of posts from Ashley's art thread:
"who loves ya..." - posting 7th M+M episode
"your not supposed to be able to read it, unless your a nabler."
"the nabler has a simple story, maybe oneday the origin of the Nabler will be done"

Inky 2pack started to pop up in Asia, as promised:

February - 2011 Jackinky3.thFebruary - 2011 Jackinky2.thFebruary - 2011 Jackinky.thFebruary - 2011 Inkyalexwong.th

^pics by Alex Wong from Facebook and others posted by our forum member Jack. Thank you guys!

Ashley about Terence the intellectual Zomb (the one from Inky 2pack)
"terrance isnt strictly a boiler zomb.. more a puppet...
no letter as he isnt a common zomb etc"

Shadow Tommy and Terence the intellectuals choice Zomb aka Inky 2pack, has been seen in UK already. Here are the pics by apeboy:

February - 2011 Apeboyinky3.thFebruary - 2011 Apeboyinky2.thFebruary - 2011 Apeboyinky.th

Guys, please take your time to update the map, once you will get your Inky 2pack, or next releases this March (Fighting JC, Baka):
so we could follow, how 3A awesomeness keeps invading the world
it's a really simple procedure and let me know if you have any questions, using this thread.

I feel a bit awkward with putting it here, but since it's Ashley words..it belong here as well:
while gimby is here..
this is important, Gimby is 3A staff, he is does a hell of a lot at this forum, puts in lots of work and time, as well as updating the 3A website, I dont want to see shit thrown that he isnt a part of 3A or an imposter or any of that crap. in jest or other.
end of official 3A message thing

About Ink Tommy:
"inky tommy is so much more than just another tommy, none of my toys are not just another anything !
and terrance is nothing like shadow zomb for that matter."

Joking about Baka poster we saw earlier and btw, we haven't heard yet whether it will be sweet surprise and we will see it in Slicer Tomorrow King Kyuuketsuki and TK Baka boxes:
"mmm, ill get that unfolded one...an put it on **** !!"
**** - evilbay
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down