World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion

Post by x43x on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am

Yep yep...finally got a response from a message I sent a month ago.
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Defective Fang Gal

Post by CLCTR1 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 pm

Just got my Neopolitan Harlequin Set after much anticipation.

The Fang Gal’s left leg is quite a bit shorter than the right one, making it impossible to stand freely.

Is this an issue with all Fan Gal’s?

Does 3A replace defective items?

Worried because if they can’t replace, it’s unuseable.

Any advice?

CLCTR1
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: 3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion

Post by BPP on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:52 pm

It’s designed that way.

Yeah. Go figure.

Apparently there is something withnthem that can act as a clubfoot stand?

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by CLCTR1 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:06 am

There’s a flimsy plastic tray that was on the feet in the box, but I find it hard to believe that’s for standing it up.

It’s crinkley like the the disposable tray cookies come in in a pack.

Doesn’t look good, and besides, mine doesn’t stand even with that tray in the feet.

Only other item in the box is the bambaboss and two additional faces.

Really a shame, because it is a beautiful figure.

Do t feel like I could resell it either, since it won’t stand up.

CLCTR1
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga on Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 am

Thread for this on the boards already...
https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t913p75-fang-gal
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by CLCTR1 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:33 am

Thank you, must’ve searched incorrectly, as I missed it. Posted some pics in the thread.

CLCTR1
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 Empty New to 3A - repair issue

Post by Abrader on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:25 am

Hi-

I normally collect Kaiju, but I recently discovered 3A thru their metal gear 1/42 models and picked up 7 of their larger robots including metal gear ray and Rex 1/42.

Everything has been great. Everything I have opened is new inbox / shipping box. I didn’t buy any used.

The metal gear RAY bambaland edition sadly broke the second time I touched it. Like in a major way. The left lower leg broke off (internal plastics). In closer examination it seems some parts from the upper leg articulation / button mechanism were already broken and shards of it fell down in the left leg jamming the lower leg articulation joint internally. So when I tried to bend the left lower leg the same as the right led moved, it snapped off at the thick peg as the joint wouldn’t move. Broken internal bits can be seen in the bottom of the box.

I wrote 3A support. I hope they can help. I’d hate for such an expensive piece to be ruined. It looks great with my 1/42 metal gear Rex and I’d be sad to lose the pair.

Any good experiences with 3A support?

I hope this works out. They have much more cool stuff I wanna buy. This RAY breaking so easially kinda discouraged me as it’s one of the most expensive toys I have ever bought. Now it’s a huge box with a broken toy in it.

Thanks for reading.

The other 3A robots I got are

- black edition Getter
- all three full Metal Ghost Gundam mechs
- Gundam inspiration model
- Doom space Marine

I have spent the most time with Rex and the space marine - awesome toys. Some of the best in my collection.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:19 am

My Instagram is @abrader if you want to see pix of my 3A toys and others opened / displayed so far.

I’m really on the edge of my seat hoping I can get this MG Ray fixed.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:08 am

Contacting CS is a good start but it may take a good few emails. It's been a good while since that figure was released so they might not have any requirements but give them a try. CS used to be very helpful but not so lately. Best of luck though, hopefully you'll get a fix somewhere along the way. You could also try posting pictures of the damage here and maybe someone here can help.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and actually bought another one as a replacement already suspecting I am likely SOOL. I can sell my broken one for parts as none of the painted parts are broken.3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 Bb2a0e10
3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 93b83910
3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 F998a0103A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 Bb2a0e10

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 am

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 C0ceff10

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:33 pm

CS wrote me back with a simple one liner that they no longer have parts to support the product.

So glad I bought another one at a lowish price. Hope my first experience was a fluke / bad unit.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:53 pm

I figured there'd b no spare parts but since you have another I would tinker around, take it apart, nothing to lose but don't let that put you off ThreeA, there's just nothing better.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 am

It's why I stay away from the big bots with a myriad of parts. Yes, they look cool, but something is likely to get broken with time. By the way, CS in my experience doesn't usually repair. They more than likely just replace parts if they have them.

If I were you, I'd try and repair that broken part with the metal pin and glue method if you can take that leg apart down to the broken pieces. Since it's a piece you likely can't see once it's altogether.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:54 am

Yeah I’m most def gonna try to repair the broken one and resell it.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:57 am

Also wanted to mention that the left leg is broken off but also the mechanism in the upper leg with the release button that lets you move the leg is also broken. A few bits to fix. A friend of mine who builds kit models said parts are available to replace the broken internal stuff too.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm

I just ordered 4 evenfall classics - 2 strogoi amd 2 Thugs. Different types.

I really hope they make more of this line.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Some good stuff coming your way alright. Very Happy
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Skipper11x wrote:Some good stuff coming your way alright. Very Happy

I got that stuff and then about 100 WWR 1/6 pieces. haha im in so deep.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Moist paint issues NIB openings

Post by Abrader on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:37 am

Hi hi

A few of the 3A boxes I have opened sealed where I am the first to open have paint on the figures that is somehow still slightly moist / sticky.

Most notably my WWR EVOL Caesar 1.5 and battlechild set, the Caesar paint was a little sticky on the head. Once it sat out on display for a few days it was fine.

My EMGY grunt was also really strong smelling / wettish but nothing visible wrong and dried in a few days.

Just yesterday I opened up an Adventure Kartel hoodzomb. The paint on the face and head is all dry except for the paint on the hood Zombs hair. It’s wet sticky and worse has all kinds of these beads on it that looks like presperation. It’s been sitting out for about 24 hours but still not any less wet or sticky. I want it to dry so I can display him with his hood on.

What do you guys do with this wet paint / presperation bead stuff?

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:24 am

The "wetness" is most likely a combination of the weathering chemicals (probably some thinned down oil base weathering) and probably the plasticizers in the vinyl that seep/sweat out when a toy is encased in it clamshell.  

Here's my method of how I deal with stickness/wetness, etc.:  

Items you will need:  Baby powder (talcum powder), soft make-up/paint brush, baby oil (mineral oil), paper towels or any other preferably lint free towels.  Optional:  Q-tips  

First use baby powder to get rid of the stickiness/wetness.  Apply it generously all over the sticky/wet item using a soft make up type brush (the ones women use to apply blush).  Be sure to apply in any crevices where pools of  stickiness/wetness may exist.  Once you have done this, gently brush any excess powder off of the item.  Your item should look like it is covered in a light film of baby powder.  It is now time to rinse off your item under some cool water.  After this is done you can gently dab your item dry with a clean paper towel or allow it to air dry.  (Note:  the point here in whether it's gently applying the baby powder or gently drying the item is that you don't want to rub off any of the original paint/weathering applications.)  So once the item is dry after the rinse, you will still see some white residue and/or film from the baby powder.  This is where the baby oil comes in to play.  Gently apply the baby oil on the item either with a soft towel or a Q-tip.  The baby oil will help bring back the original sheen that the item had.  Gently wipe off any excess baby oil with a new clean towel and Voila!  you have done it.

Use my solution at your own risk!  This is what works for me.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:10 am

Thanks - that makes a lot of sense!

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:10 am

So.... will 3A. . . er..ThreeZero still respond to any customer service requests?
I suppose they'll have to draw a line in the sand at some point but I'm just curious if there is still any ability to reach out for repairs or customer service requests on the purchased figures.
I know that there was more standardized language re: the "warranty" on figures purchased for the most recent Bamba/3A site sales. . . but just curious if that's been thought through and finalized.

I'll just be over here,... staring at my floppy body SGR JC that I have in a box with 3A's address on it.... that I never sent because I didn't want to pay shipping at the time.... yeeeaaahhh.....
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by MJA1MR on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 am

Yeah, ThreeZero are currently fixing one of my 3A figure's broken arm.
If you need a defect sorted just drop them an email, they will either send you a replacement or in my case (i.e. where no replacement could be found) request the figure to be sent to their manufacturing facility for repair. BTW, CS have told me that repairs take (on average) 1.5 months.

MJA1MR
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:09 am

The office moved locations since SGR JC came out, so definitely don't ship to that address. Your best bet is emailing and asking about it. Unfortunately, because SGR JC is 6 years old, the odds of them having replacement parts/body are slim to none. If they have the part/body, they'll ship it out, but if not you'll need to ship to the new office.

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum