World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1

+37
<{OjO}>
DannyB
dextercat69
Vaxillus
Bassnoir
ennui
Beaumont
Mr. Rictus
UsedUniverse
noveltycross
dayzzr
gregory
zendeluxe
Reks36
Heirforce
Skipper11x
Hogarth
regalia
dtrain
Wooly
counterfeit
IronChap
666ways2love
thumbtack82
Sideglide
Chivo
LV-426
LordPiper
gar
illproxy
abex44
fluppeco
PiggyV01
gimbat
3a_boltman
koonfasa
geisT
41 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Empty Re: Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1

Post by illproxy Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:01 am

gar wrote:Finally I was able to track down another Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau for a very reasonable price:
Lollistick Grave Dancer.  Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 1f618

Probably in a couple of days I'll regret not getting Licorice Assaulta as well.

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 23550030_1717128364999042_5258002383869428560_o Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 23456311_1717119654999913_4742989040516941711_o Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 23550997_1717137908331421_7550140212663879677_o

nice pics gar, very well done in hiding the stand pole behind its leg. Cool

[edit]
gar: repaired linked images
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Empty Re: Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1

Post by Chivo Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 pm

She looks nicely displayed like that with the mood lighting. Makes it more of an art piece.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:53 pm

New pic of an all black and clean Mobile Dresden Frau (prototype?) and clean pink Stormtrooper TK!

Looks great and this all black version would look perfect with my lonely black Ms Shadow!

I deeply hope, Ash will drop another run (premade?) of these lovely war legs... bounce
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by karr1981 Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm

wow that looks awesome especially with the lighting, great pics

karr1981
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:28 am

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 25026262_316790892174119_6353798549813067776_n

Yup, would love to get that Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau.

But if it is pre-made and the sale will be a carnage like the 7174 Guard Nom sale, I doubt we'll be able to score one.
On the other hand, Dresden Frau isn't that popular (according to the huge amount of positive feedback of fans on FB when it was released)
and with Bambaland being mostly 3AA only, I guess it wouldn't be that hard to pick up.

Except if it is a two pack together with pinky in the back, that would hurt. I doubt I can afford such frivolities. (Still want to see a pink tutu Bramble, though)
And looking at that pretty long skirt and with the "dressed" Dark Underverse Baphonaut in mind, if Schwarze Dresden Frau happens to be BBICN Exclusive we're all fucked.

Hopefully it is a single Bamba release.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:39 am

I think the reason they weren't that popular is cause they were fairly expensive and a lot of people (not me) couldn't see the value for money even though they liked the design! I just wish I had more money at the time so I could've got them all.....
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:21 am

The new Frau will be pre-order-able and offered at Bamba

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:04 am

<{OjO}> wrote:I think the reason they weren't that popular is cause they were fairly expensive and a lot of people (not me) couldn't see the value for money even though they liked the design! I just wish I had more money at the time so I could've got them all.....
I think if they would have gone with a more stable yet still sexy foot design, I would have bought one. As is I like my female figures with sexy heels, but if they're going to be top heavy and/or imbalanced, then I want them to be at least moderately stable. I mean with a figure like this you're either going to want to pose them standing alone or with another figure holding them thus stabilizing them. And if they're standing alone well most folks don't want a stand to ruin the overall aesthetic lines of the figure. So yeah, on paper the design is great! But if you're going to make a toy you have to make it so folks don't get frustrated with it trying to keep it standing while they're "playing" with it. Certainly stands help with that, but again stands ruin aesthetics. I don't know. Just my opinion.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm

<{OjO}> wrote:I think the reason they weren't that popular is cause they were fairly expensive and a lot of people (not me) couldn't see the value for money even though they liked the design! I just wish I had more money at the time so I could've got them all.....

Exactly! cheers  
Loved that design from first seeing, but sadly skipped because of damn funds (or the lack of)...so i`m über-happy to get another chance and this version
is just another level of awesomeness...

Thanks Gregory, thats fantastic news and hopefully i can get the new Frau for my Ms Shadow! drunken

The new skirt and reduced and clean black design, looks so great and like a real AW art piece  ...wantwantwant.... bounce
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Chivo wrote:
I think if they would have gone with a more stable yet still sexy foot design, I would have bought one.  As is I like my female figures with sexy heels, but if they're going to be top heavy and/or imbalanced, then I want them to be at least moderately stable.  I mean with a figure like this you're either going to want to pose them standing alone or with another figure holding them thus stabilizing them.  And if they're standing alone well most folks don't want a stand to ruin the overall aesthetic lines of the figure.  So yeah, on paper the design is great!  But if you're going to make a toy you have to make it so folks don't get frustrated with it trying to keep it standing while they're "playing" with it.  Certainly stands help with that, but again stands ruin aesthetics.  I don't know.  Just my opinion.

Fair points.
I wished it had a more stable, less peg leg like foot design as well.
Still, despite the stand, in hand they're gorgeous with stunning details.
Very happy with the two I have, regretted not getting Licorice Assaulta as well, but I like the new one even better.

gregory wrote:The new Frau will be pre-order-able and offered at Bamba
Awesome, thanks for the heads up, gregory.
(smashes piggy bank)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 803f0e14d2e36a0cb4e34bf4309382d45c515dfb

Funds ready
....lets drop!
Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Piggy-bank-hammer

.... Very Happy

edit. just noticed, that Frau also has new black tights beside the new skirt... pretty amazing too see how Ash evolves
an already great design into perfection! drunken
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:55 am

I noticed the new BLACK FRAU has a criminal star on the stand. Really interested to hear the story with her and if she is a reprogramed mortis bot fighting for the TKs. 2018 is going to be good but will be pricy with all the good drops I think will be happening.
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Is the criminal star, Dark Lass/Baphonaut related? (wanted that Lass, but couldn`t get)
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:55 pm

February 8th, 2018
Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau Dark Parade MS
3AA Bambaland only release
US$180

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Parade1
Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Parade3Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Parade4Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Parade5Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Parade6Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 Parade7

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:56 am

These are looking interesting as we go along.  The leggings make it more interesting, though I don't get the skirt option.  If it was a looser or stretchy skirt that allowed for more mobility, then yeah it would make sense, but as is I look at it more as an art piece than a killing machine.  And if they went with a sexier heel like the ones used with the Kuma Paschas or even something similar to the Zomb nurses then I might be inclined to buy one.  Also in particular with this figure and the "oil"  story I think they could have experimented with their paint apps rather than being "lazy" and just have it all black.  But these are just my opinions.  I'm sure as is it will make a nice display piece on someone's shelf. But for me personally I'm just looking for things now that go above and beyond and blow me away from what this company and others have done in the past.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:49 am

Yup, I understand.

Although I am a enormous fan of these bodiless figures the only thing which would have made these absolutely fantastic would have been feet to stand on.

I thought the oily part of the text is nicely translated into the legging and skirt, witch looks like an oil film stretched between fingers.
Also the combination of gloss and matt effects on the guns looks pretty cool.

It would be hard for me to ignore this release.
Really must have.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:11 am

gar wrote:...
I thought the oily part of the text is nicely translated into the legging and skirt, witch looks like an oil film stretched between fingers.
I agree with you here.  I just thought that they probably could have garnered a wider audience and maybe gained more favor from WWR fans if they had perhaps used weathering/paint apps to illustrate the "oil" effect.   At least from what I've read/heard over the years, people appreciate the old school weathering/paint apps.  I know 3A has moved toward different paint apps/style at least it seems that way with the smoother/sleeker look of some of the figures i.e. the newer squares, but it still would have been nice to see something similar to the first of these leggy figures.  I think especially with these type of figures that probably require repetitive introduction for people to "get/understand" them, you should stick close to the look of the original ones.  I mean look at the de plumes for example.  Folks still love the original one hosers.  I'm sure Ash can continue to make those forever and people would continue to buy them as long as they look the cool otherwise.   Even when the multi hosers came a long, folks still talk about the single hosers.  I mean I can understand this new smooth/sleek look of these legs.  It's a complete 180 of the first ones in terms of the rough vs. smooth aesthetics. Maybe Ash is trying something completely different to see how sales go.   And on a final note I agree with you gar they have to get more stable feet on these figures and get rid of the stand.   The platform is okay, it's the arm/clamp that detracts from an otherwise cool looking art piece/killing machine.  Perhaps a saddle stand would work better and look the part like what Hot Toys uses where it holds the figure under the crotch.  Kind of like a rifle resting on hooks.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Frau drops sooner than expected...but no AA = No Frau for me...

Now i`m glad i didn`t buy PassMort, as i would had joined mainly for Frau, and funds wouldn`t be restocked yet, so i had been double fucked...

I think i will leave the forum from now on, as it makes no sense to comment or discuss stuff i`m not allowed to buy, so take care, guys and gals and don`t stop playing with toys!! Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 1f47b

geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:05 pm

We have a mule thread and a WTB thread. So you can always ask if someone can preorder Dresden Frau Dark Parade MS for you.

Decide before the sale is over since getting one afterwards might be an unnecessary expensive endeavour.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:10 am

I didn’t grab any of the first wave of these figures, even though I thought they were rad.

I couldn’t pass on this one since the colorway is even better than the first ones.

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

If this figure had the paint apps like this:  Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 6 27576934_1363153287123885_5189272159536545792_n  Then I'd probably be all over it.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Hope she comes with AW painting as a poster in the box
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:17 am

^
^
Don't think a dirty paint job would stick to the black latex.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 am

Yeah probably, but they could use black canvas fabric as the skirt, get rid of the leggings altogether and just weather/paint it all up. Kind of like Barguest or Fantome.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:05 pm

If it was about $60 less then I'd probably buy this. Otherwise it's a little too eclectic for my taste at the price point.
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next