World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1

+37
<{OjO}>
DannyB
dextercat69
Vaxillus
Bassnoir
ennui
Beaumont
Mr. Rictus
UsedUniverse
noveltycross
dayzzr
gregory
zendeluxe
Reks36
Heirforce
Skipper11x
Hogarth
regalia
dtrain
Wooly
counterfeit
IronChap
666ways2love
thumbtack82
Sideglide
Chivo
LV-426
LordPiper
gar
illproxy
abex44
fluppeco
PiggyV01
gimbat
3a_boltman
koonfasa
geisT
41 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 7 Empty Re: Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1

Post by Chivo Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 am

In case your inbox is full...I've pm'd you, geisT.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1  - Page 7 Empty Re: Mortis Mobile Infantry Dresden Frau V.1

Post by geisT Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Hey Chivo, just pm`ed you and all is on the way! cheers

a huge thank you for the help and now the bittersweet waiting game for this black femme fatal... bounce
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:30 pm

DRESDEN FRAU DARK PARADE Was canceled production and was refunded in full just a few minutes ago. Can’t say I have ever had that happen on a 3A order. My guess is the numbers who ordered was to little for profit? Gregory any thoughts on this?
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Fuck, the only figure i (with help of a great aa member) was looking for...i think i`m done with 3A for now...so super sad and angry...

(i`m sure that this is has financial reasons because of the huge success of the Transformers and their factory time/production and just a few orders for MS i suppose...and once again money kills art...)
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:05 pm

WTF, just saw a post on FB and then checked my email and saw the refund. I may not make it to a 10th year membership.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Sales numbers could not cover the cost of production

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Nice, not even an excuse from 3A`s side (not personal to Gregory) and i lost my 15% "mule money" to a member that ordered it for me, and the € also went downhill since February...not to mention, that the cancelation could been announced way sooner...

At least, i didn`t joined the membership (with an unwanted figure), as this item was the only reason to join...

Curious if Warbot and Bramble will still come, as these sales were also pretty bad
(but surely way better than Frau)...but anyway, 3A didn`t give a shit , so why should i still?

The good old OG/Lok Ho days are obviously over and i`m finally out and happy with my old toys from the golden age of 3A....cheerio!

geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Hold up – 3A gives a shit and this kind of decision does not come lightly. It sucks for the fans, it sucks for us involved behind the scenes, and it especially sucks for Ash. Without the support, we can't make things happen. We truly appreciate the few that did support on this one, but it wasn't enough. At the end of the day not enough fans cared to buy them – for whatever the reasons.

If a figure needs to sell 300 to breakeven and a little more than 50 purchase it, then that is a problem any way you look at it, whether you're making art for art's sake or a you're running a business. For Kim and Ash it is a choice between refund and disappoint the folks that did support OR go to production on the figure and lose somewhere around $40k. Ultimately it takes time for HK and the financial department to factor in what is an acceptable loss and what isn't. If they can make it work, they will, which they've done time and time again over the last 10 years. If they've exhausted all options, then HK have no choice but to make the call to cancel.

Warbot ships somewhere around the end of this month. I'll have a production version on display at Dcon. Ash is working on the Bramble packaging currently.

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Here’s an idea - Ash sends the 50 that have been clean bowled a sketch. Good PR, easy to do, fans go wild.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 pm

BPP wrote:Here’s an idea - Ash sends the 50 that have been clean bowled a sketch. Good PR, easy to do, fans go wild.

I'm fully on board with this idea. cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:17 am

That would be cool. Where the other Frau orders will be filled the unlucky 50 should get a sketch of the Frau or a print of the Box Art.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:04 am

Sucks big time for you guys.
I really wish you guys were kept in the loop rather than just finding out at the last minute. Is this the way ThreeA is going? From a business stand point it makes sense but a little bit of info goes a long way.
At least it looks like Warbot and Bramble are going ahead.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:39 am

gregory wrote:Hold up – 3A gives a shit and this kind of decision does not come lightly. It sucks for the fans, it sucks for us involved behind the scenes, and it especially sucks for Ash. Without the support, we can't make things happen. We truly appreciate the few that did support on this one, but it wasn't enough. At the end of the day not enough fans cared to buy them – for whatever the reasons.

If a figure needs to sell 300 to breakeven and a little more than 50 purchase it, then that is a problem any way you look at it, whether you're making art for art's sake or a you're running a business. For Kim and Ash it is a choice between refund and disappoint the folks that did support OR go to production on the figure and lose somewhere around $40k. Ultimately it takes time for HK and the financial department to factor in what is an acceptable loss and what isn't. If they can make it work, they will, which they've done time and time again over the last 10 years. If they've exhausted all options, then HK have no choice but to make the call to cancel.  

Warbot ships somewhere around the end of this month. I'll have a production version on display at Dcon. Ash is working on the Bramble packaging currently.

Getting the PayPal notification this morning was a real disappointment.
Not just because we wouldn't get Dresden Frau, which release I was really excited about.
But also because, as far as I know, it is the first time a release got canceled after it was on sale.
This time threeA wasn't able to compensate the losses with other releases and ship it to us anyway.

My next thought was about Deep Powder Bramble R1 which didn't seem to meet its desired production number at the time.
And I started to worry it wouldn't make the cut either.
Good to see it is still on track and Ashley works on the packaging.

All in all this year isn't what I hoped for. I do understand the issues threeA has to deal with, though.
From my perspective, just getting a couple of Classic Colorway Berties out would have made it a very good threeA year.
I really hope threeA is able to find a way to release more 1/6th robots to us in the future.
I don't need the high paced releases of 2011 - 2015. Half a dozen of robot releases and a couple of humans and other stuff a year is fine with me.
Would have been fine with me in 2009 and will still be fine in 2019.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:03 am

First off, please excuse my grumpy rant in the last post...passion and tears, because of Frau.
Thanks for the transparacy and open communication...toyguys like me are often selfish and childish when it becomes to toys/girls and i was very excited to get this lovely gungirl...but anyway, gone for good reasons and all the best for you...
ps.didnt would have a Ash sketch/print of Frau...would suck like schadenfreude on the wall...haha...never gotT... (TT)
but the proto ad seen on ash insta would be maybe cool... :-P
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:44 am

If 3A had notified us 50 that they couldn't produce DRESDEN FRAU DARK PARADE and offered if we would like a choice of the other two or the refund that would have been cool too.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7