World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fang Gal

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Fang Gal   - Page 7 Empty Re: Fang Gal

Post by CLCTR1 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:00 am

Ok... so just received another email from CS, apologizing for any confusion, and telling me that the figure needs to be used with the plastic insert.

Not only does that look like shit... Mine won’t stand even with the insert.

CLCTR1
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangfail on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:15 am

CLCTR1 wrote:Ok... so just received another email from CS, apologizing for any confusion, and telling me that the figure needs to be used with the plastic insert.

Not only does that look like shit... Mine won’t stand even with the insert.

I sent an email to CS Sunday and resent it a couple more times. I haven't gotten a response but the ones you got aren't too promising. The Wonderfest photos were from July, 2018 so Ashley Wood and ThreeA knew about everything by then. The promotional photos that my purchase was based on show the figure having two legs of the same length and standing without a stand or the plastic insert, There was also no disclaimer as GSC sometimes states about products such as Nendoroids-that they require a stand. There was no such disclaimer for the Burnt Fang Gal sold by GSC. The responses you've received are just bullshit. I can only conclude that ThreeA/Ashley Wood have contempt for their customers.

Fangfail
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:55 am

A nice half way house might be for someone at threea or here to post where they got those stands from... or even facilitate people getting some?

And sell new fang girls with them?

I like the bent leg and think it’s deliberate - would happily take one if I knew I could get a good quality stand too.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangfail on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:20 am

BPP wrote:

I like the bent leg and think it’s deliberate - would happily take one if I knew I could get a good quality stand too.
The leg isn't bent, it's too short. Also, if it was deliberate it would be in the promotional photos on Bambaland and other websites. The only thing that was deliberate was shipping a defective product.

Fangfail
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:44 am

Just received my Neopolitan Fang Gal (Thanks Wooly for the set split.)  I'm surprised that she was weighted; didn't expect the heaviness.  I'm sure that was intended to keep the figure standing, however with the ill-cut feet flaw, its use is nullified.  Anyway, as I expected from hearing every other experience, my figure doesn't stand on her own.   It's a shame for such a beautiful figure.  The only solution I've found to keep her standing aside from the clear plastic "blister" or an actual figure stand is to use glue dots and stick the figure to the shelf since my feet aren't so "gappy" though they are cut at a slight angle that makes the figure fall back. drunken  

Hmmm...I just twisted the figure at the waist so that her back is facing forward and her breastesses are facing backward and Viola, she is standing!  Disaster averted! tongue   I guess I'll just use a stand. Neutral
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:52 am

Great set as far as the fun factor goes. Fun look for either figure, nice lines and colors plus a great nod for the PuddingBoss nostalgia fans.
Sorry to hear about the Fangy woes - it definitely seems like a figure where the one and only feature would be that she stands on her own.

(glad she got there safe and sound Chivo)

Oh and BTW, beautiful box art and presentation. That should be said as well. I thought the design with Ash's original strokes was great.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:45 am

Ah, yes. Thanks for the box as well, Wooly. Love the inside art of the Bambaboss with the Fang Gal. Though I couldn't figure out what the rest of the art was on the actual box. Roses? Or Neopolitan ice cream mixture?
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:10 am

My Neapolitan set finally arrived today. The legs on my Fang Gal aren't too bad but it still needs the plastic piece to stand relatively straight. Stoked on Bambaboss though, he joins his other Bambabuddies on the shelf. Very Happy
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:02 am

7174 FANG GIRL up at Bamba.
Probably the last fig i'll get with my membership discount.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:13 am

Since this is a preorder, I’m guessing this Fang Gal isn’t limited like the rest of them?

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 am

I don't think it's a preorder. There are only 50 of each Fangs as far as I know. These ship out in 4 weeks.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am

Not worth it for me. Was hoping they'd make one with the whole face, not just the eyes.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:55 am

Same here Chivo! Where's those ones with the fang gal smile?
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:48 pm

Missed her! Old school bamba emo.

Gurrr.

Good times, bamba we’ll miss ya.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman on Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:19 am

Is it me but if she was made of wood she would be absolutely incredible as a treasure vibe.
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:03 am

After getting within 2 miles of my house and getting sent back to China, my Neapolitan set finally made it back. The matte finish is lovely on both figs. My Gal is afflicted with the same issue as my SDCC Gal. While the legs are mostly the same length, they angle upwards towards the back, making them tip backwards. The plastic "stand" works okay on one but barely holds the other up. The plastic looks like garbage so I'll be getting something else. I suggest adding $5 to the price and including a real stand.
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 am

If I knew anything about 3D printing and had a printer I would design a stand for Fang and offer it up on Shapeways. C'est la vie.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:01 pm

No worries boys, getting a resin printer very soon! Could model something up for yall.

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Very kind of you deru_here! I’m sure a few people here would really appreciate that!
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:41 pm

I'm thinking of getting an acrylic riser and drilling a couple of holes in it. Or making my own out of styrene.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:51 am

Sign me up deru_here !
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:36 am

Neapolitan is a treat, for sure. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have split the set with a cool boardie. (cheers brother Chivo!)
I'm very happy with the execution of it all and sorry for you guys with the wobbly Fang.
You'd think it'd be an easy fix for potential figures down the line but what do I know. . .
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:44 am

Lost my internet the past weeks.  Trying to work out the kinks now with the cheapest solution.Wink   My shelves also fell down from the wall with alot of my figures crashing down. Thought a car had crashed into my home.  Luckily I wasn't in my studio room where it happened, otherwise I probably would have been hurt.   I guess I didn't attach the shelves to a stud, but they seemed strongly secure to the drywall; I guess I was wrong.  Luckily no figures were that badly damaged.  A couple of paint rubs that were easily wiped off.  An ankle breakage on my Tracky Bleak; luckily I have an extra Tracky Bleak. And ankle cracks on my Shogun; hopefully glue or putty can repair it.    

Anyway, cheers to you as well, Wooly.  Thanks again as well for the split.  Don't know what I'm going to do with my Fang Gal.  Still working out how I'm now going to display my fallen figures.  No more shelves for me.  

On another note, I'm looking forward to this new year.  Hopefully we  all can workout any bad kinks we've had in this old year. And the new year brings us positive growth.    

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:37 am

What's up with 7174 FANG GIRL. That hasen't shipped out yet, correct ?
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:31 am

Not yet. Complaints have been heard and a more sturdy small stand is being made to be included with it

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum