World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are ThreeA's 1/6th foot pegs interchangeable with any other brand?

5 posters

Go down

Are ThreeA's 1/6th foot pegs interchangeable with any other brand? Empty Are ThreeA's 1/6th foot pegs interchangeable with any other brand?

Post by -T2p- Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:15 am

This is probably a long shot question but I'm trying to use a bunch of my spare threeA bodies in other projects and I've run out of ankle pegs/feet. Can you use hot toys feet/ankle pegs with a threea Male body? With ThreeA gone my parts dealer has stopped selling them and it'd be a shame ifi could no longer use my body stash for kit bashing adventures.

-T2p-
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Are ThreeA's 1/6th foot pegs interchangeable with any other brand? Empty Re: Are ThreeA's 1/6th foot pegs interchangeable with any other brand?

Post by Chivo Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:14 am

If I remember correctly, older 3A bodies were compatible with Hottoys bodies since they essentially were one in the same. But threea did move to a newer style body toward the end of their existence which moved to a thicker ankle cup and thus changed the size of the ankle dumbells. If you're kitbashing you should anyway learn how to customize and either use epoxy putty or a superglue cement mixture or whatever Macgyver solution you can find to increase the size of the pegs you need or use sand paper to otherwise decrease.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Are ThreeA's 1/6th foot pegs interchangeable with any other brand? Empty Re: Are ThreeA's 1/6th foot pegs interchangeable with any other brand?

Post by -T2p- Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:38 pm

Chivo wrote:If I remember correctly, older 3A bodies were compatible with Hottoys bodies since they essentially were one in the same.  But threea did move to a newer style body toward the end of their existence which moved to a thicker ankle cup and thus changed the size of the ankle dumbells.  If you're kitbashing you should anyway learn how to customize and  either use epoxy putty or a superglue cement mixture or whatever Macgyver solution you can find to increase the size of the pegs you need or use sand paper to otherwise decrease.  

Yeah normally I'd just grab a pair with slightly bigger pegs and file them down but with ThreeA gone risking breaking the ankle cups is no longer an option. If it doesn't just fitino effort im no longer willing to risk it with these bodies. I'll try out some hot toys pegs and if they dont fit I'll just order a generic body and work with that instead.

-T2p-
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:09 am

Out of curiousity, which specific 3A figure body(s) are you using?  If I have the same body, I can check for you if Hottoys ankle pegs will work.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by -T2p- Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:17 pm

Chivo wrote:Out of curiousity, which specific 3A figure body(s) are you using?   If I have the same body, I can check for you if Hottoys ankle pegs will work.
I'm using a spare 3A King Thumb body with a fire girl owl head Laughing its just the standard broad shoulder three A body that takes the newer smaller pegs. I have a lot of spare hands but no feet Rolling Eyes figures id stock up on the more easy to find parts from threeA and skimp out on feet.

-T2p-
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:03 am

I only have a finger gang member, but that should be the same body type used.  I tried using an old ACI body foot peg which is what Hottoys used back in the day and it works so I don't think you should have a problem.  But if you do, let us know.  Maybe take some photos to show us the issue and we can go from there.  Good luck!
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:07 am

Maybe reach out to someone with a 3d printer. Some people have done extensions to make the figure taller and also made dumbbells pegs.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:06 am

Yeah, I figure 3D printing would be a customizer's dream if you have access to one.
Our public library actually has four and you just send your files and then wait "in line" for your project to be printed. No charge. Just part of what they offer. Maybe that'll become more common?
I have ideas.. . . . once libraries open again.

But of course, the traditional sculpt method is tried and true and should be no hassle for such a small unseen piece.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:14 am

Yeah I would just mold and cast it if you don't have access to a 3D printer. I haven't been to a library in ages. Would be cool if a local one had a 3D printer, but I doubt it around these parts. But I'm more of an old school guy anyway.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Did someone say 3d printing???? I have a resin printer which would give you a preferable peg for the foot cup. If you can give me some measurements that fit your preference, just hit me up! Ill get to it once classes are over, and when I can get my hands on some gloves.

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by -T2p- Mon May 04, 2020 10:52 pm

Ok so It took me a while to get back to this project ( had a friend bring over an ultra damaged deer skull I had to encase in resin, long story) but in the mean time I had ordered some hot toys ankle pegs to test them out. Well they arrived and they almost fit. Like it's weird they're probably half a mm larger on the ball part? It was nothing to sand them for one second and they popped right in but it's odd how they were just that tiny bit bigger. Now my owl dude has feet yeah! I'll post pictures of the two pegs next to each other for future reference if anybody else needs them in the future.

Also it's pretty rad that 3d printing tech has advanced so far. Anybody who has one could probably make a bit of cash printing replacement pegs and parts for custom work. Unfortunately I live out in the middle of BFE and my local library wouldn't know a 3d printer from an inkjet printer.

-T2p-
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by -T2p- Thu May 07, 2020 8:33 am

Left side is 3A ankle pegs right is what was sold as hot toy standard ankle pegs. The bar of the barbell is longer on the hot toys peg and the ball is just a TINY bit bigger. I quick swipe with ultra fine sandpaper is all it took to make it fit perfectly.

20200506-192926
6 picture

-T2p-
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down