World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 APTK Blanco & Negro Oyabun, what exactly are they?

3 posters

Go down

2011 APTK Blanco & Negro Oyabun, what exactly are they? Empty 2011 APTK Blanco & Negro Oyabun, what exactly are they?

Post by Alice Adrenochrome Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:13 pm

A thing I've always wondered about: the APTK Blanco & Negro Oyabun that came with the 2011 membership pack (random), what exactly are they? Is there any background in the comics, or otherwise? They are different from the Shadow & Light Oya's (apparently they police all TKs) which were released in 1/6 scale and in 1/12 scale. They seem to have the same head sculpt as the 'regular' Blanco & Negro TK, but still they are different from them because obviously they are Oyabun. So, what or who are they?
There was a thread about the different types of the 2011 membership pack Oyabun, but I couldn't find it. Besides, as far as I remember, there wasn't any valuable information on these two in that thread. It was mostly about figuring out who got which Oyabun, and the scarceness of these two figures.

So now I wonder if any information (new or old) on these two Oya's has surfaced since 2011...

https://imgur.com/fMPzu
Alice Adrenochrome
Alice Adrenochrome
Yesterday Kid

http://aliceadrenochrome.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

2011 APTK Blanco & Negro Oyabun, what exactly are they? Empty Re: 2011 APTK Blanco & Negro Oyabun, what exactly are they?

Post by gar Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 am

I thought it was more like the original TKYO!’s and Yellow Hornets.
Both sets were AP and all members had the same headsculpt.
This in contrast to the later onesixth scale variants which came with 4 different headsculpts.

Admin

Back to top Go down

2011 APTK Blanco & Negro Oyabun, what exactly are they? Empty Re: 2011 APTK Blanco & Negro Oyabun, what exactly are they?

Post by Alice Adrenochrome Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:12 pm

Thx for the reply Gar.

I'm not sure I get your answer though. TKYO? Yellow Hornets?
Apparently the Blanco & Negro Oya's which came with the 2011 set are their own thing, but I wonder if there's ever been more intel on these two guys. They only exist in 1/12 scale.
The chase Blanco & Negro TK from the OG release back in 2008, and the contest Shadow & Light Oya's (The Two) are well known and have been talked about quite a lot over the years, but I don't think there's been much talk about these specific 2 Oya's that were like the chases of the 2011 membership set.
Alice Adrenochrome
Alice Adrenochrome
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:59 am

I think what gar is saying is that unlike the original AP TKYO and AP yellow hornets which all came with the same head sculpts, their 1/6 counterparts all came with different head sculpts.   So like your APTK blanco/negro Oyabuns which came with og head sculpts as seen in your picture link, their 1/6 counterparts will differ just because that's how Ash wanted them to be to mix it up a bit?  I don't know.  Whatever the case may be, I think generally speaking you are looking at a small percentage of collectors who are probably interested in these blanco/negro type figures.  So there's not going to be much talk.  There really hasn't been any story that I can remember attributed to these figures except maybe what you've already gleaned from what we know of the other regular TKs/Oyabuns.  Have you put the question out there on fb?
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:33 am

Alice Adrenochrome wrote:Thx for the reply Gar.

I'm not sure I get your answer though. TKYO? Yellow Hornets?
Apparently the Blanco & Negro Oya's which came with the 2011 set are their own thing, but I wonder if there's ever been more intel on these two guys. They only exist in 1/12 scale.
The chase Blanco & Negro TK from the OG release back in 2008, and the contest Shadow & Light Oya's (The Two) are well known and have been talked about quite a lot over the years, but I don't think there's been much talk about these specific 2 Oya's that were like the chases of the 2011 membership set.

There is no back story as far as I know.
It's how things flowed at threeA.
Use what's available and fun to do.
It was logical to release these Blanco and Negro Oyabuns in the 2011 3AA pack since increased the number of variants and emo.
In the same spirit threeA released the SDCC 2011 exclusive AP TK Unleashed YO and the Yellow Hornets for the rest of us with the same headsculpt: It's fun and available.

It's possible Ashley wanted to do a Blanco and Negro Oyabun set in 1/6 as well but ended up with The Two later that year.
Same changes with the 4 off the shelf available headsculpts in the the dirt cheap 1/6th TKYO!, Yellow Hornets, Interyo and DIYs sets.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Adrenochrome Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:01 am

Thx guys. It's a bit clearer.
But still, basically, its business as usual. Very Happy Very Happy
Alice Adrenochrome
Alice Adrenochrome
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:46 am

Alice Adrenochrome wrote:Thx guys. It's a bit clearer.
But still, basically, its business as usual. Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry, sometimes it takes a while, but yes:
As a toy company you do your things with what you have laying around.

Man, I still love that Motu Battle Cat story...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:42 am

The "f" bombs just make that story. Lol.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Adrenochrome Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:48 am

Excellent!
Alice Adrenochrome
Alice Adrenochrome
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down