World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TK HUNTER discussion

+57
gar
Argentix
dtrain
theparallax
Sideglide
abex44
Joshimus
<{OjO}>
BRiZL
Hogarth
EdGein
Tsuba
crucial1
Oneluckyboy
PiggyV01
Firehazzard
666ways2love
aconners1
Danz
ennui
Mr. Rictus
Vaxillus
Skipper11x
thumbtack82
UsedUniverse
Plastic Robo
Crem
koonfasa
Chivo
BlackBellamy
illproxy
3a_boltman
3Afan
chiowhon
papamadoo
Jubal285ive
Deus Machina
counterfeit
ESeffinga
zzzzz
gregory
les_trois_as
ianross
Knightjar
Wooly
Cthulhu
geisT
Mouse9090
gundamben831
Ce
wutasi
fluppeco
bubblegumking
Albino
bianco
grimrealities
gimbat
61 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

TK HUNTER discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by thumbtack82 Tue May 10, 2016 10:11 pm

While I would prefer the brighter Vali, the only way I can afford this is with the 3AA discount, so I guess I'll be going with the deathmask Hunter. I could always try to trade for Vali if I really don't like the colours once in-hand. I can't imagine they will make too many colourways for such a big ticket item, not like Harold or the Mighty Squares.

It would be neat if there were at least one more colour offered at bambaland, like maybe a 3AA version. Was reading through this thread, I still love the idea of a rusty-as-hell bot, similar to Popbot's look. Having said that, I won't be holding my breath...
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Tue May 10, 2016 10:15 pm

From what I understand, hunter has more parts and took quite many years to reach this stage, so longer the time to perfect it, development  cost increase and so some of this development cost needs to be pass down to the consumers. I m fine so Long as the product is well made.

I think to date this may be the most anticipated sale of the year.
Btw when spidey is suppose to drop? Hope it is not too soon

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Tue May 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Deposit program is really cool..glad to see this happening.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Wed May 11, 2016 12:57 am

dtrain wrote:
Curious about how the 24" 3AGO Saturn Titan is half the price of this though.  Kind of makes WW7174 set 2 look like the bargain of the year.

Heck, this high pricing makes threezero Titanfall Ogre look like a bargain too, not to mention the difference in engineering, complexity plus licensing fee for Titanfall.
Another thing to consider is if this particular colorway will end up in retailers if the bamba sales isn't stellar, like what happened to the Mortis gun legs.
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Wed May 11, 2016 1:02 am

Nice of them to offer the payment plan and as much as I would love to buy this the price is still to steep which is keeping me at bay. Would settle for just the 1/12 TK if 3A offered it up.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Wed May 11, 2016 2:08 am

UsedUniverse wrote:Nice of them to offer the payment plan and as much as I would love to buy this the price is still to steep which is keeping me at bay. Would settle for just the 1/12 TK if 3A offered it up.

I'd sell the 1/12 TK. I'm not interested in it.

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by crucial1 Wed May 11, 2016 3:59 am

Love the colorway and set....but god damn that price. Way more expensive than I had hoped (canadian dollar sure isn't helping things :/ )...kind of a bummer I have been waiting for this release for over a year and it was really the only big ticket item I was excited about only to find out its likely way out of my price range. I guess I still have the 2nd ap wave to be excited about let's hope they are reasonable

crucial1
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed May 11, 2016 5:09 am

crucial1 wrote:Love the colorway and set....but god damn that price. Way more expensive than I had hoped (canadian dollar sure isn't helping things :/ )...kind of a bummer I have been waiting for this release for over a year and it was really the only big ticket item I was excited about only to find out its likely way out of my price range. I guess I still have the 2nd ap wave to be excited about let's hope they are reasonable

At least with the smart offer of 200$ yet and the rest at shipping time, you can smoothly feed the piggybank 50$ each month  to get this behemoth at xmas time...  santa  rendeer  cheers

With AA plus TK its an okay ( me hoped for 400$  with AA and no TK) pricing, but i'm not an AAtm and the fees/taxes add 26% (19% non EU fees plus 7% import taxes for toys over 150€..)

So circa 650€/700$ to get this dark bamba hunter set.. ..yellow (or purple/pink colorway would be supadupadope)  version at retail for me...likely ...for sure._.

Last edited by geisT on Thu May 12, 2016 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Wed May 11, 2016 6:07 am

Welp, I'm sold. An exquisite looking bot plus a deposit program. Good thing too, I doubt many would buy for such a massive up-front cost. Good thing I'm 3AA! Very Happy
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Wed May 11, 2016 6:30 am

Its confirmed! The Deathmask version is Bamba and the Orange is retail!
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Wed May 11, 2016 6:46 am

So... what exactly is Death Mask Hunter's weapon on a chain? I'm assuming it's just a big weight to hit things with, but I guess Vali is coming with a claw instead?
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Wed May 11, 2016 7:04 am

Claw was on earlier prototypes, TK Hunters now wield a bludgeon of sorts

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by abex44 Wed May 11, 2016 1:29 pm

that $200 deposit is the real trigger game changer.
Easy pass if it not, but this is a real cool piece.

abex44
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuba Wed May 11, 2016 1:44 pm

wutasi wrote:
dtrain wrote:
Curious about how the 24" 3AGO Saturn Titan is half the price of this though.  Kind of makes WW7174 set 2 look like the bargain of the year.

Heck, this high pricing makes threezero Titanfall Ogre look like a bargain too, not to mention the difference in engineering, complexity plus licensing fee for Titanfall.
Another thing to consider is if this particular colorway will end up in retailers if the bamba sales isn't stellar, like what happened to the Mortis gun legs.

true !

the price of this TK is a big big joke !

THREEZERO titanfall ATLAS 20" : 430USD

THREEZERO titanfall STRYDER 20" : 430USD

THREEZERO titanfall OGRE 20" : 450USD

Tsuba
Tsuba
Kitty Litter

http://www.forumactiontoys.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Wed May 11, 2016 2:32 pm

I see where the comparison is coming from, and I get the sticker shock, but it's really not a joke. Once something gets to be over a certain size in production costs go up an insane amount. Plus factors like edition size, materials, weight, shipping, tooling, sculpting, etc all go into the price. The current cost is actually lowered quite a bit from the original price set.

WBR bots are made entirely of vinyl which cuts down on costs a ton. Mars bots were priced purposely very low to entice new audiences to a new toy line. Titan uses some retooled molds from Mars so the costs can be kept similarly low. Tooling already exists for the Hemmingway so price doesn't go up much. Those toys costs less than some Hot Toys figures, you can't really compare them to something like this which is more complex.  

Titanfall use a mixture of materials, they're about 5" shorter, and it's a well known property. Titanfall are gonna sell 10x as many as a character from Popbot or WWR even with the higher price point on them. If you know you're gonna be able to sell a certain amount you can take an educated risk and price things lower.

The TK Hunter is closer to 25" and made entirely of ABS and the tooling for that is expensive. The larger the mold and the amounts of molds required increases development cost exponentially. The versions Ash has right now are already tooled, so it will help cut down on manufacturing time. They'll be pretty limited, but the deposit will help some of those on the fence and need more time. The goal on something like this is to sell enough to break even.

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by EdGein Wed May 11, 2016 3:17 pm

Vaxillus wrote:Well, the deposit program is great news for many I'm sure.

I'm pretty peeved about Vali being retail though.  That means no 3AA discount and hefty shipping fees, which will probably price him above the current $588 even though he doesn't come with a 1/12th TK (unless that's also going to happen).  I'd love it if Vali or at least another colorway also makes it up on Bamba, I can definitely only afford one of these and I decided to stay away from the Death Masks quite some time ago.

Ah man, that is a good point.  I'm a bit on the fence with the price, but I understand it.  I'm leaning toward Vali if I get off the fence on the "buy it" side...but without 3AA discount and shipping from Bamba that could be a bit of a bummer to my wallet.  Usually when it comes to the bots, I'm a "buy now think later" guy, so this is the first time I'll be pumping my breaks on a new bot.  Nice to have another giant bot in the family either way, but I'm going to have to weigh this one out.

EdGein
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by aconners1 Wed May 11, 2016 3:52 pm

I have been waiting for this bot for years, the price is high but i won't hesitate to pay it because i think it will be the pride of my collection...the only thing I ask is please get the QC right for this release....we will forgot how much we paid once we open the box...unless its floppy or broken then the price will feel like its doubled!.....that been said, i really am looking forward to this one and have faith it will be ok, would prefer a colour other than black but if thats all thats on bamba then thats the one i will get, by the time i factor in shipping and discount bamba is the winner for me!

aconners1
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaxillus Wed May 11, 2016 5:12 pm

I get the feeling the Death Mask TKs have been selling really well, making this a good way to cash in and pay off production costs. I'll still hold out for Vali, but I understand the choice for this release. Ultimately I'm just glad to see this thing get made at all. There's something iconic about the painting Ash did of the TKs about to get crushed by the gigantic bot fist. Will definitely be picking up some APTKs for some epic posing action.

Also, would love to see this released as a DIY kit (as in unassembled as well), but I doubt that's remotely practical. In my dreams, I'll have one.
Vaxillus
Vaxillus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Ok deposit is good, but please, let us choise version Death or Vali, to enjoy the preferential price 3AA. Go Legion, be united on this point to please fans a maximun. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Wed May 11, 2016 7:51 pm

I think It will be a good coup the grace Toy Smile.

I was thinking of leaving for a while now, new house kind of money stuff.

I think it will be a great Final toy to get to close the circle Smile
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Wed May 11, 2016 11:58 pm

After seeing the price of the Mortis Dresden Frau, nobody should be surprised at the price of these.  Disappointed, yes, but surprised, no.  I'm glad I don't really care for this design - makes it an easy pass.  But I am interested in the new WWRp Berties and this pricing trend is making me nervous.  There's been a fair bit of talk about engineering and tooling costs driving up the prices, but considering the only thing new on the Berties is the heads, maybe they'll manage to keep them at a decent price.  Hard to justify a price bump when only 10% of the figure is new tooling.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Thu May 12, 2016 1:02 am

any pics of this in action type poses? is that even possible?
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by theparallax Thu May 12, 2016 4:32 am

I've been watching this mold since the first teaser. I'm fine with the price but I want the Yellow colorway like many others do.
I'm in Canada so to buy the alternative color and get hit with shipping from a USA store will be insanely pricey.

Let's get a choice!!! (please) Smile

theparallax
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 Thu May 12, 2016 5:36 am

theparallax wrote:I've been watching this mold since the first teaser. I'm fine with the price but I want the Yellow colorway like many others do.
I'm in Canada so to buy the alternative color and get hit with shipping from a USA store will be insanely pricey.

Let's get a choice!!!           (please)   Smile

I'm in the exact same situation. A choice would be amazing with such a pricey item, and I'm just not really feeling the black. I don't even care that much if it would mean not getting the 1/12 figure. The TK Hunter is a big part of the reason I renewed 3AA this year, I feel I can't pass it up but I also can't afford to go retail, even though I'd really like to get the brighter Vali. It's a bit of a kerfuffle. scratch
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Thu May 12, 2016 7:17 am

Any real chance to get an option of Death or Vali Gregory on Bamba? Or even a non-death colorway to be decided later? Really want to make this happen but I am trying to stay away dark figures. It would seem I am not the only one.

Would help to ironically get the production "in the black".
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next