World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July - 2009

Go down

July - 2009 Empty July - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:23 am

What we will see this month? First WWRP wave, which is going to include five WWRP scale Brambles, reveal of Ashley Wood and Kenny Wong collaboration at TTF. Shipping of the Large Martin and probably Squares and surprises. 3A is all about the surprises Smile

Ashley Wood vs Kenny Wong collaboration picks. To remind you - Kenny is doing 20inches large machine - Sea Monkey and Ashley Wood is doing the design for the female pilot (Snow Pea) inside.

July - 2009 Wong.thJuly - 2009 Ashleyxkennys.th

Kenny Wong commenting the leaked images, so they are true ones!
"God, last night I supposed to upload the half piece one, but I uploaded the full image,
then I cut it after few second later, oh god, U guys really quickkkkkkkkkk, ashley , pls don't kill me,
I'm not mean to make it ^^" the last secret of the SEA MONKEY is the nevigator ^^ keep guessing!!
Anyway hope U guys like it."

From the latest IDW newsletter info about Ashley Wood's latest book WWR2:
"World War Robot 2
Ashley Wood (a & c)

Award-winning designer/artist Ashley Wood (Popbot, Zombies vs. Robots) continues the World War between a dwindling band of humans and robots that spans planets in this oversize (one foot long by one foot wide!) epic."

World War Robot Vol. 2 TPB released on July 8th

Paula speaking about release of the book and incident on Amazon:
"Once again I'll say it - the book came out on time and does exist."
"I have spoken to IDW and they've told me that Amazon will be re-listing this book very soon. There was a glitch with their receiving dept."

Kenny Wong shared something cool with us:

July - 2009 P18small.thJuly - 2009 Project18.th

It's his project in 1:18 scale and everything seems to be removable.

Ashley Wood is still away on his Japan trip, so no big 3A news yet. But Large Martin shipping is in process and we will soon see a lot of 3A awesomeness from TTF coverage.

Paula speaking about Large Martin shipping:
"Just because Goodshipped are the listing the item does not mean that they have been "served first". All of our 3A customers are important to us no matter where you live and I can't wait to see some of your personal pics on this thread real soonSmiley
Ash sends a shout out to the board.
Bring on the 3A goodness!"

Сheck out couple of Large Martin Mr. Frosty pictures here.

3A anniversary figure DIY Bambaboss is in production..but we can kill time creatively in thinking about how we will paint our Bambaboss. 3A board is famous for it's creative boardies, one of our boardies Manonegro decided to help us and done outstanding templates of the Bambaboss. So it's now much more easy to think and plan, how you will paint your Bambaboss. Please don't forget that there will be a gallery of all the Bambabosses send to 3A and Ashley Wood will pick up the bests of the bests!

So don't waste your time and don't forget to thank Manonegro for doing this outstanding job!

Abobe Illustrator files:

http://www.manonegro.com/bamba/bamba_template-sideView.ai

http://www.manonegro.com/bamba/bamba_template-backView.ai

http://www.manonegro.com/bamba/bamba_template-frontView.ai

Here they are as layered TIF files for those using Photoshop:

http://www.manonegro.com/bamba/bamba_template-sideView.tif

http://www.manonegro.com/bamba/bamba_template-backView.tif

http://www.manonegro.com/bamba/bamba_template-frontView.tif

Simple JPG files:

http://manonegro.com/bamba/Bamba_sideView.jpg

http://manonegro.com/bamba/Bamba_backView.jpg

More from Kenny Wong on his collaboration with Ashley Wood, including almost finished pictures of the Sea Monkey and the opening mechanism!
July - 2009 Img3167s.thJuly - 2009 Seamonkeysm.th

Ashley Wood is back from his Tokyo journey, we will hear from him soon. Board is a bit lonely without him, isn't it?

Now couple of pictures from master Kenny Wong, on his collaboration with Jamungo/Treezero, doing his exclusive Squadt member, which would be shown at Taipei Toy Festival too. It's planned that there will be Squadt member designed by Ashley Wood too, at some point in future.

July - 2009 Manchai2.thJuly - 2009 Squadt1.thJuly - 2009 Fapf23200906mcfbc108.th

Kenny Wong about experimenting on this Squadt:
I wonder U guys prefer gloss or matt finish? anyway I'm now testing white in matt and black in gloss, it looks really cool.  

Another picture of 20 inches large Sea Monkey:
July - 2009 Img3176k.th

Plus Kenny's comment on this magnificent Ashley Wood and Kenny Wong collaboration:
"how many version? let's see the first one~
it took me 2 days to finish , it ate tons of pigment !!"

Large Martin is officially landing in hands of Australian boardies, couple of pictures done by bewil4 and lonelymonsters.
July - 2009 Sg104936.thJuly - 2009 L9946a5c6f4644a6aba1a47.thJuly - 2009 Sg104915.th

Another one photo of the Sea Monkey, from Kenny Wong:
July - 2009 Manchai.th

June winners of the 3A board competitions are announced!

June sketch contest winner is BRiZL, my sincere congratulations to him. Here you can see winners works and list the thread, if you want to check others awesome entries.

June toy photo contest winners is TeK, way to go TeK! Click here to see his awesome entry, which got him the first prize!  

Not long to wait for the July contests to start. So be prepared!

Something new from Jeremy Geddes blog, posting about HK show (known here as 3A super show) and probably about his upcoming figure in 3A lines, called "Cosmonaut" :
"I've just launched into a large painting for the HK show, so blog posts may slow down for a while, but here's a detail of one of the small cosmonaut pieces for the figure."
July - 2009 Cosmonaut1detail.th

As you probably saw there were some changes in the board categories. The changes were done to make the board more readable, more conveniet for daily use and less cluttered:

Kenny Wong is now under showcase; there are now four sections in the Print Materials Section called: 3A Venture, Ashley Wood books and Comics, 3A Posters & Prints and Comics General. Toy request now should be done in the General toy section. Talent needed section is now under the Welcome to 3A.

All this changes are may sound to you horrible right now, as people always react stressful to the changes, it's our nature. But trust me, it's all for the good.

Ashley Wood speaking about 3A official magazine - Venture:
"venture for the time being is a deluxe catalogue come ongoing 3A show. BUT there is a folio from a boardie in the first issue, very extensive, not 2 pages etc. Venture is uber expensive to make, we will not break even, but its worth making, its cool, you will dig it, it will help spread our message !"

Unfortunately SnowPea (Sea Monkey pilot) will not be presented at the Taipei Toy Festival, but no worries, it will be there soon. Perfection takes time:
" no snowpea at the toyshow.... bummer."
"its a case of it wasnt finished, im not fond of showing alpha stuff, gives the wrong impression. poor snowpea.... "

Please check more news for this date above

Picture of 3A official magazine - Venture and teaser about the Adventure Kartel:
July - 2009 Akadventure1.thJuly - 2009 Venturefinal.th

As promised earlier, month of July will see Wave one of WWRP and WWR 1/6th Armstrong offered for pre-order. More info and precise dates will be posted soon.

What we know so far about the Venture? It's an official 3A magazine, it's going to be full of super colorful photos, like a deluxe catalog. Release - July/August. Ashley Wood about the Venture, release and subscriptions for the magazine:
" mm yes, i understand, venture has that burton kinda feel you mention, its cool, toy info, photos etc,.. Im actually thrilled by it, I hope you guys feel it..."
" no subs yet, dont wanna take money in advance etc... it could be quarterly, bi-monthly, yearly, dunno yet"
" I mean northern summer, so july, august etc"

Pictures of IDW Security Bramble (SDCC exclusive), btw it's not a card in the box, it's a sticker.
July - 2009 3700369130dbac91bec1o.thJuly - 2009 Idwnew2.th

WWRP Deep Powder Bramble proto
It's a great looking proto, but keep in mind, that every 3A production release, looks about ten times more than a proto, and actual product in your hands.....mmm....million times more!
July - 2009 Deepy.th

European boardies are starting to get their Large Martins too. Click here for the pictures and the chases.

Ashley Wood about Venture - 3A official magazine:
"12"x12"
nearly 100 pages_bound
varnish - matt
over the top... the way we like it !"

Sounds very sexy isn't it?

Ashley Wood about WWRP line and prototypes:
"with quick photos so much subtle detail and color is lost, our prototypes are never as good as production, kinda the reverse to other companies!

Im really hoping these take off, we might offer wave one WWRp next week... just so you know.. maybe"

Btw, I want to inform you that 3A has sold out Large Martin long time ago. So if you want one, show the retailers some love.

Our art moderator Eseffinga, has got something to say, please read the rules here.

Large Martins are now arriving everywhere: USA, Europe and earlier in Asia and Australia.
More Large Martins landed up in Europe: UK and Sweden particularly. I will keep you updated.
Don't worry if you LM is still not there, he is somewhere on the way to you. Everything would be great, no LM would stay without his home!

Ashley Wood drops Non de Plume bomb! So what we know about this next de Plume so far? He is pure white, with black eyes, not a chase. 1 year anniversary de Plume figure...surprise release on anniversary day? Who knows. Be sure to stay excited!
"you guys never mention the near impossible DIY de PLUME 1 year anni plume..
oh yea, thats no joke... really..
pure white, with black eyes.....
I Wonder when one will surface ? "

"not a chase..
no more to say, wait till they surface and make people go
WHAT THE FUCK ! "

Ashley Wood about the release of his collaboration with Kenny Wong - the Sea Monkey and Taipei Toy Show Bambaboss (photo of him bellow):
"its gonna be a while !
dont forget to drop by the kenny booth if your in Taipei , grab a Taiboss fig ! "

TTF Bambaboss!
July - 2009 Taiblog.th

Non official photo of the 20" Sea Monkey from Toysrevil blogspot.
July - 2009 3705088600396a836df5o.th

And about the IDW Security Bramble (SDCC exclusive) box size:
"the boxes are kinda bulky, hope no is getting more than two, it adds up real quick !"

Please check the news for this date above, including the info about Non de Plume.

Just a quick reminder, as always for the past six month, two contests started on our board: Sketch contest and Photo contest. I strongly advice you to participate in them, really.
So, July sketch contest , with the theme -War-. July photo contest with the open theme, as always. And again, I strongly advice you to pull everything you got and participate in this two.

If anybody has missed the info about Ashley Wood and Kenny Wong collaboration on the Sea Monkey. Kenny is doing the suit (Sea Monkey) and Ashley Wood is doing the female pilot figure, called Snow Pea. And in case you don't know, 3A pricing is very reasonable and affordable. 3A is here not to make money, but to make great figures for the people to be happy.

"the suit is called Sea Monkey designed Mr Wong, Snowpea is the pilot design by me Mr Ash, I would not ask 1000 bucks for any new toy, we will make the Monkey/Pea set the best price possible, the point of making toys is to get them into your hands, not hoard them and giggle at how much they cost. "

If you have ordered three Large Martins and received only two, please give it a couple of days, for one to reach you. And if it's not happening than email 3A ( info@threeaonline.com ), write your order number and the problem and they will try to do their best to help you.

" all concerns should be emailed to info@threeaonline.com , we can help sort any problems out !"

In the first wave of Large Martins we see on the board, there are a lot of chases and only a few Big Red variants. Here is Ashley Wood speaking about it and about LM in general:
"big red is the new chase Smiley
but really, the chase correspond to the orders amount, percentage wise etc.. as the distro points pick and choose from the LM pools for delivery, I can only think the chase edition were ganged together etc..."
"there are way more big reds than chase figs, it might seem odd now.. Big red and Iron Panda are the most common.. common for 3A, rare for any other company that makes this sorta shit.."

As you probably now 3A will offer for sale WWRP (1/12th scale) first  wave this month, which consists out of five Brambles. So apparently it comes on sale next week and then we will see further development of the WWRP line in the second wave. Maybe there we will see even Bertie MK2! As for the packaging they come in the same size box, so I guess, no separate packaging for the set of five 1/12th scale Brambles..And for your information, Medic Bramble will be numbered with a 0043 number as the Medic Square from WWR line.
"the WWRp all come in the same size box.. !"
"wave 1 onsale next week ! if all goes well..
they rock, Im super happy with them!
onto wave 2 !"

Ashley Wood speaking about S.A.F.S:
"regardless of prototypes, paintjobs etc, Im a huge Yokoyama fan, Im happy things are being made, maybe oneday ill get a chance to make some too !
Ill be sending my SAFS to LOK for a touch up! "

For your concern, if you are making customs of 3A figs, Ashley Wood asks not to put WWR logo on the customs:
" dont put the WWR logo on custom photos please. its a trademark only to be used with official WWR stuff. "

Ashley Wood about not going to SDCC, Masters of the Universe art book release and asking people for help:
"Lads
As a job I have just started pretty much has me at the easel for 3 months solid, Im probably gonna miss SDCC, which sucks, I really wanted to hook up with you guys and shoot the shit !!!!
Also Im gonna miss a Masters of the univere art book release by Mattel there, hook me up with one, and ill trade you some cool stuff, like REAL cool...
Any help appreciated !
Ash "

Photos of TTF exclusive Bambaboss (only 35 of them were made) provided by our boardie: Jack Love Toys. Thank you very much Jack!

July - 2009 Dscn7341d.thJuly - 2009 Dscn7342e.thJuly - 2009 Dscn7343z.thJuly - 2009 Dscn7344.th

And advice from Jack, how to change faces (he comes with extra two) on your Bambaboss:
There is a little hole on his back and you need a chopsticks to push the face out.

The winner of the awesome 3A board custom toy contest is announced. It's CrisR , my congrats to him! Please click here to see all the awesome entries.

Ashley Wood about WWR Squares, I hope you haven't forgotten about them, with all Large Martin and Boiler Zomb excitement:
"cant wait for you guys to score these, the packaging is very nice, you can display while still boxed ! the single boxes are very neat, and they look damn fine ion the retailer counter box ! mmm m mmmm squares a comin !"  

Newest photo of the TTF Bambaboss from 3A production blog, you can see even Sea Monkey on the left!
July - 2009 Taiboss.th

Gigantic Sea Monkey for your viewing pleasure.
July - 2009 Seamonky.th

In case you don't remember, WWRP first wave consists out of five Brambles + chases.

Ashley Wood about WWR Squares singles photos and about the singles itself:
"nahh, ill wait till they are shipping, plus all mine are beat up now...

not long, if you have a chance to get a single square from retail grab it, kinda wished I had sold singles.. if you can swing the counter box from a retailer, you should the box is very cool !"

And about the TTF Bambaboss (only 35 produced), which will make you excited:
"we might offer whats left, dunno yet... Taiboss is a class act !!!"
So fingers crossed for availability of that super rad, rare and red figure.

Ashley Wood about selling of the TTF Bambaboss, which would be left (if there would be any) after the TTF closes:
"soon as I know whats left, ill figure out a way to sell, probably a lottery with forum members etc "

WWRP first wave on sale next week. I seriously can't wait for more photos.
July - 2009 Wwrp.th

Ashley Wood about possibility of offering retail boxes of Squares for sale, plus talking about the Squares in general:
"if we have any retailer boxes left, ill offer them here..."
" i think many will be pleased how big they are, the specs can be mis-leading, they are bulky lil fellaz. they look great with LM and co too.. !"
" medic sqaure is cool, I love the white shit... force commander and all dat ! "

Don't forget soon we will see new WWR bot - Armstrong. Highly anticipated WWR bot for sure. First out of the Moon series.

Ashley Wood speaking about if Lunar Security Armstrong, would work on Earth:
"armstrong would function to a degree, but not as well in a 0/low G environment.. he would give it a go though, coz thats just the way he is !"

I'm not usually posting photos of the 3A toys from the toy blogs, but Sea Monkey is that great, that I decided to try this practice. Couple of the Sea Monkey (by Kenny Wong) photos from the vinylpulse.com

July - 2009 2dsc8001.thJuly - 2009 1dsc7997.th

Large Martins are starting to arrive all over the USA right now. Currently there a lot of chases (NW and DW LM) right in the first arrivals. So cool to see all them, click here for the lovely photos and don't forget to post yours.

Large Martin fact sheet:
Rothchild Large Martin Mk1 serial 702x-12b

Weight: 4,002kg
Dimension: height 3.5m, width 2.9m
Range: 350km
Armor: 250mm, plates 300mm
Armament: J Holmes 203mm ONYD cannon_DLM 2 x ONYD
Powerplant: Brink Twin turbocharged diesel, 900hp

Large Martin is the successor to BOB, a moderately successful stop-gap artillery robot from the Rothchild. Large Martin was initially released with single cannon configuration, later models were fitted with twin cannons and became know as Damn Large Martin.

Large Martin was developed by Rothchild as a more effective way of handling large Bramble MK2 platoons which were proving to be quite unstoppable on the battlefield. A Large Martin herd (LMH, 8-12 Large Martin) can effectively lay waste to the opposition from a tactical distance and has become the standard for "softening" the opponents' position before sending in Dropcloth gunners to handle the survivors.

Large Martin does not have teh land speed of Bramble Mk2 or Bertie Mk2, but coupled with the standard Square2 accompaniment running support and retrieving field data in advance makes Large Martin a very formidable robot to face.

Please check previous news for this date above, in order not to miss anything.

Continue of the Large Martin data:

Large Martin was first deployed in the now legendary Martian siege of Moscow, which saw the largest Martian force ever assembled on Earth held at bay for four days (in large part thanks to the BIG RED Large Martin division) whilst the Earth coalition organized an effective rear-guard attack. Now a standard fixture on all battlefields, the only real question: What will Rothchild manufacture to counter large Martin's dominance?

Ashley Wood about greatness of WWRP first wave, which will hit us soon and asking whether we want 1/12th scale DIY Bramble. That's what I love most of 3A, 3A is always interested in what we want.
"there gonna be great, promise ! im thinking of a DIY version, whats the interest here, way more difficult than a vinyl toy etc to paint, fiddly etc.. any one down with this ?

So if you want to see DIY Bramble, click here and post about it. I'm sure we will make it happen.

You probably remember that Oyabuns Yama&Naga included in the package life size t-shirt (I'm still not sure whether it comes in one size or different sizes, but 3A didn't ask for us to provide sizes). 3A wasn't happy with the quality of the t-shirt and decided to make a better one. And 3A is all about perfection..and perfections takes time. So now t-shirt comes with the awesome Bertie freight containers.
July - 2009 Oya.thJuly - 2009 Bertiefreight2.thJuly - 2009 Bertiefreight1.th

Ashley Wood joking and sharing the info about the containers:
" none of the above... alot of you guys are getting these.. hop eto see some painted up!"
" damn, you guessed the shampoo.. thats what i have thought since we started making it"
" most companies would charge 50 bucks for a lump of vinyl this big ( it aint 6" tall ), you think we gonna just give away a cool vinyl DIY bertie robot with an already free tshirt on top of more shipping costs.... you must think we are called 3A or sumin"
"3A = crazy bastards = winners !"

You can discuss the container here.

Ashley Wood about the assembling of the Large Martin:
" im thinking instructions may be needed, you easily assume everybody has knowledge of vinyl etc, its a learning experience for me and many others.lucky the peeps on this board are very knowledgeable etc !"

TTF exclusive from 3A - red Bambaboss was sold out at Taipei. But there are three left for the board lottery.
"taiboss is soldout, all sold at taipei , have 3 for a forum lottery."

How perfect 3A works and how everything needed to be bigger and better here:
"Today Kim and looked at a rapid output prototype, it was big, and awesome, but we said, fuck it, lets make it bigger, only because we thought it would be cooler this way."

Desert variant of Large Martin is coming soon:
"DESERT STRIKE LARGE MARTIN COMING VERY SOON..... end of message !"

Ashley Wood commenting the size of the Rotchild Lunar Security Armstrong (next WWR bot to be offered for ordering):
"armstrong is on point, similar yet different... dont bet against rothchild !"

What we long waited for WWRP First wave news, which would be available early next week. Here is information from Ashley Wood directly.
"here is some info
bambaland will only sell 3 and 6 packs, retailers are gonna have singles, we need to support retail and let them have exclusive product etc. the 6 bramble gift pack has all 5 standard colorways plus DIY wwrp bramble 220 shipped ( these will be limited )"
"3 pack pfft !
also the 6pack is special packaging, not just 6 boxes trussed together ! "
" these are it lads, these colorways will be the start of something cool, we will never re-release any design, one release then its gone !"
" limited, but Im sure there will be enough for 3AA and the first day. Mr Andy if you order on the first day of sale, you will get one ! deal ? "
"its a gift set, not made to split up...
120 for 3, 5 designs over 2 different packs, there will be overlap etc. the DIY is just for the 6 pack "
"the pfft set is cool, now thats a gifter !
there wil lbe a gllaery on the 3A website for the DIY WWRP, DIY de PLUME etc. "
"220 for 6 pack shipped
120 for 3 shipped
singles, well thats up to you rlocal retailerm who you shoul dbug to buy a carton ! "

A LOT of essential WWRP news above.

Ashley Wood about DIY de Plume:
" DIY de PLUME, cos you can make hm what you want !!!!!"
"no fog
cant buy him,
but you paint him
easy !"

So apparently it's a chase or prize in the contests...you can't buy him, but you paint him....Hmmmm. That's very breathtaking and interesting.

So again, to summarize what we know about WWRP first wave. 120$ for set of three, five designs over two different packs. DIY Bramble, for six pack, which includes all five designs + DIY and is going to be limited and 220$ shipped. Retailers will have the singles, there will be no singles at bambaland. There will be gallery for DIY Bramble on the 3A website, so start thinking about your paintjob for DIY Bramby.

Behold, Medic Bramble from WWRP first wave posing without the pouches.
July - 2009 Wwrpmedic2.thJuly - 2009 Wwrpmedic1.thJuly - 2009 Wwrpmedic3.th

Production Squares (EMGY, Deep Powder and Medic):
July - 2009 Emgy.thJuly - 2009 Frostysquare.thJuly - 2009 Medicv.th

Ashley Wood answering why WWRP Wave one is full of Brambles, not Berties. And for your information all WWRP Brambles come with pouches.
" brambles were always first, bramble pays for bertie etc. "

Ashley Wood about 6pack premium packaging and drops DIY de Plume bomb:
"6 packs are limited dur to the packaging costing a fuck-load and takes more time to make, so we are limited by a few factors. 3 packs are not hindered by this as much.
I have my fingers crossed ! but as Im not betting type, ill through in DIY de PLUME vouchers and other surprises !!!! 3A, we dont do chase figures !"
" just for the record, and to be clear, DIY de PLUME will not be available for purchase , he is the new Blanc so to speak ! "
" i promise ill do my best to keep them in stock, at least fo the first day ! So if your there ordering on the first day, you will get a 6pack. I want you to have it ~!"
"there will be bots in WWRp never released large, you gotta go both!!! yay !"

Ashley Wood about another possibility to get DIY de Plume:
"I gave away more blancs than were ever won, do you really think the only way to get it is in a 6 pack.. pfft... "
"I loved the custom contest, the only problem was that one winner was allowed.. so lets start a new one !
there will be enough DIY de PLUMES for people who want to DIY a deplume...."

And finally about our beloved Squares and how to get a retail package of 64 squares (are there chases? what chases?):
" the retail cartons are not cheap 64 squares to master carton, it contain 4 display cartons of 16 squares each."
"4x16
we cannot offer it any other way, as the retailers had to buy the 4x cartons. it would not be right !
bug your fav store to get them, or if your game, Pm me and ill swing ya a deal ! "

DIY de Plume:
July - 2009 Diynomsticker.th

Ashley Wood about possibility that he will be at the SDCC 09:
"errrr. I might be at the show..... I cant escape !!!!"

Ashley Wood about the book called "Shunt" (which was canceled earlier):
"I do not own SHUNT, it was written by christina Z , and originally paid for and published by IDW, they make the rules in this case etc...Dont worry though, we have something in the works along these lines.. "

Please be prepared for WWRP wave one. They are coming very soon! I can feel them in the air.

Ashley Wood about SDCC:
"if im there, and you indeed find me, ill have some prety cool shit on me... wwrp bertie, ava, and so on.... if Im there.."

News about changes in the 3AA ordering system:
"trying something new from this time, all 3AA members are covered for the first 48 hours of each sale, just go to the 3AA section on bambaland and the product will be in stock for 48 hours minimum !
no need for a different ordering time etc"

check out previous news for this date above

Preview of the WWRP wave one. Which is going on sale Monday 20th July 9-00am AEST ( thats Australian eastern standard time ). You can check out the timezones here , created by our moderator ennui (viewers discretion advised).

July - 2009 Merc1web.th

Click here for the big photo.

Pure beauty on this images! Keep in mind, 6pack is 220$ shipped and it includes: DIY Bramble and superior packaging.

Another awesome news about 3AA and non-3AA ordering procedure:
"no, general have their own stock allotment, 3AA is different, ill make enough of each toy to make it available to all 3AA members from now on who order in the first 48 hours.
3AA members cannot lose out now if ordering in 48 hours !
general customers will have their own stock, nothing to do with 3AA's. Unless its a 3AA exclusive of course, then only 3AA get it etc."

Less than 24 hours, before pre-order of WWRP wave one starts. Wave one includes: DIY Bramble (only available with 6 pack), Merc, Marine, Deep Powder, Euro, Medic. All the WWRP designs can be seen above or click here for the photo.

Ashley Wood about the possibility to get DIY de Plume voucher in your box:
"everything bambaland sells will have a chance to win a DIY de PLUME via a voucher, 3pack, 6pack, etc...."

Ashley Wood about going to the SDCC:
"still some work to be done before i can really thing about SDCC, got a WWRp sale to kick off !"
For me it seems that Ashley Wood is going there)

And finally first new in a long time about Men from N.O.M. super set, which included stylized figures of Ashley Wood and Kim (threezero).
"its taking a while to get right, we had the heads and helmets done, but w decided they were not right, so we re-tooled etc.. imagine de plume before going manky and with more bits and pieces. the whole idea is that these figs fit inti the WWR world and have a deplume flavor. we are not turning toooo far away from that. they rock, im excited for you guys to see them..."

Before the pre-order of WWRP first wave there would be a newsletter with all the info, as always. Plus if 3A would made any chases...they would made DW or NW Bramble.
"newsletter tomorrow indeed
i think a mini daywatch bramble is more exciting, shame we dont do chase figs ! "
" daywatch cannot exist without nightwatch tis the law !"
"re DIY
well the 6pack comes with the gatling
the 3AA exclusive nigthwatch - daywatch 3 figure set comes with a euro DIY.
had I mentioned that set.. ? "

And there are more surprises, not only 3AA exclusive set and Bramble names (as we spotted there is Nero 4 name for the MERC):
"
"there will be standard chase night and daywatch, different to boot !!!!
and maybe another surprise... "
"he might just be a standard winter defence bramble, not all have names etc..
it depends on the affiliation and role etc "
" marine corp "robot" with made up name and decal will not upset anyone ayyong, do not worry ! "

Ashley Wood about 3AA set, which is going off sale, after 48 hours/ And keep in mind, as always with 3AA products, there is limitation, one set only:
" after 48 houirs the 3AA set goes, 10 or 200 sold... not offered anywhere else after that"
"each 3AA member has a chance to buy a set, one only, I repeat one only "

How Euro and NW/DW look like:
"euro gets holsters !
nw-dw have holsters and euro backpack etc "

If you are a very lucky person and going to the SDCC, keep in mind that 3A products are going to be very secret. No photos allowed, but you can look all you want).
"no photos will be allowed, or I would just post em online now... "

WWRP Wave 1 goes on sale in less than seven hours, after this news were posted. It is going on sale Monday 20th July 9-00am AEST ( thats Australian eastern standard time ). You can check out the timezones here , created by our moderator ennui (viewers discretion advised).
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

July - 2009 Empty Re: July - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:24 am

New and fresh WWRP photos, don't forget to check all the WWRP news in the post above. There is a lot of them!

July - 2009 3aaset.th
July - 2009 Medickill.th
July - 2009 Marinejea.thJuly - 2009 Winterhxi.thJuly - 2009 Eurod.thJuly - 2009 Merc1web.th

What's hot currently on www.bambalandstore.com

WWRP wave one:

Bambaland exclusive 3 pack A:
1x Merc WWRp Bramble
1x Medic WWRp Bramble
1x Winter Defence WWRp Bramble

Bambaland exclusive 3 pack B:
1x Merc WWRp Bramble
1x Marine WWRp Bramble
1x Euro Defence WWRp Bramble

Both 120$ shipped.

Bambaland exclusive 6 pack:
1x Merc WWRp Bramble
1x Medic WWRp Bramble
1x Marine WWRp Bramble
1x Winter Defence WWRp Bramble
1x Euro WWRp Bramble
1x Gatling DIY WWRp Bramble
220$ shipped.

If you are 3AA member, you have a special option to buy 3AA set. You can buy only one set.
3AA Exclusive WWRp Day and Night set
1x Nightwatch WWRp Bramble
1x Daywatch WWRp Bramble
1x EURO DIY WWRp Bramble
1 set per member, only available for 48 hours

Please keep in mind that DIY Bramble from the 3AA set is slightly different from the DIY Bramble from the set of six. Set of 6, DIY Brambe has gatling gun and 3AA set DIY Bramble is Euro Bramble and it has guns and etc.

WWRP first wave will be shipped in late August, that's fast! Here is Ashley Wood speaking about it, how many orders were made in two hours time and what to do, if you are damn lucky and got DIY de Plume voucher!
"late august for shipping, when you order its says 4-6 weeks for delivery."
"nothing really to tell, if you get a voucher, you email me a photo, you get a diy de plume. its lowkey, im not selling toys based on vouchers etc so its more a surprize etc."
"there gonna be up untill I take em down.... 48 hours 100 hours.. dunno"

We all remember the Oyabuns t-shirt (if not, please check the news above). It comes with the Bertie container, here is an awesome idea from our boardie dedguy, about how to customize your Bertie container! Want to share it with you, because it's inspired me a lot and looks great!
July - 2009 Dropshipbertiepaint.th

Huge news about 3A! There is going to be a collaboration with coarsetoys! Coming to us in 2010. Coarsetoys is famous for making outstanding designers toys in a very quality packaging. So when two great companies unite their powers....the results are going to be wicked and kicking ass!

July - 2009 Coarseashleywoodsmall.th

Another huge news is this magic formula:
July - 2009 Koj.th

Ashley Wood speaking about it:
"we have been toiling away, Kojima, MGS,3A dont settle for second best !
you guys hav seen nothing yet, 3A !"
" toys this year.."

We will see toys already this year! Can't believe how fast and awesome 3A ways are.

Ashley Wood about his reward for Masters of universe artbook SDCC exclusive. You will be seriously rewarded for this one! But seriously don't buy like all 1000 of them..
"im gonn aking of the masters book, find me in SDCC and ill draw you pic on top of the payoff !"

Great news about WWRP, the connecting gun pin for the gun handle is upgraded as 3A modified the structure for WWPR wave one.

Ashley Wood is currently on his way to the SDCC, I will do my best to keep you updated, acquiring info from the private sources, Wood's blog and 3A production blog.

Ashley Wood already landed in San Diego, here is about SDCC:
"IDW will post some signing info as they get it( it will be posted here to ), ill also be stealing artwork at the Scott Eder booth so swing by there if you are inclined. Hope to see some friendly faces !"

Ashley Wood and Kim were at the IDW booth between 10am and 11am Thursday at SDCC. Photos of the Thursday coming up.

But for now here is couple of pictures from Ash's blog , this is taken near Scott's Edder booth, where Scott sells original art by Ashley Wood.

Fully working site, coming to us soon, for now click here for the teaser:
http://www.threeaonline.com/

Interesting text about SDCC from Ashley Wood's blog:
"Wow, Thursday could be perhaps the busiest day at SDCC ever and ever is a long time if you consider that we first attended in 1995! SDCC just gets bigger and better every year and this year is no exception, early morning line ups of attendees numbered in the thousands.

People always talk about the fandom and the big glitzy announcements when they talk about SDCC, after all it is the biggest pop culture event of the year, bar none! But those of us who've been doing this for awhile also realize that SDCC is also about much, much more. It's a mass gathering of friends, people who get to meet up with old friends face to face but once a year and people who are there to meet new friends, some just made over the internet the year before. It's a come one and come all event, just there to celebrate that which makes us happy and nothing more.

Ash had an impromptu signing just before lunch at the IDW booth and really enjoyed meeting lots of 3A members, many of whom we knew by their online handles only until today. Also he's had a chance to catch up with many old and treasured friends some who have travelled from as far away as Europe (and like us from Australia) and beyond.

We'll try and post some more photos tomorrow, today was particularly busy and so we've had no time to upload. If any signings come up, the schedule is floating this year, we'll post the information here. Stay Tuned. "

We all remember Bertie containers, for the Oyabun t-shirt. Here is the photo bellow in case you forgot how it's looks.

And here is two lucky boardies, who witnessed the Bertie at the SDCC sharing their opinions:
"Hey guys, caught up with Ash yesterday briefly. Got all brambles signed. Bertie is maybe slightly bigger than original, head screws off with shirt inside. It's quite heavy, thick vinyl. No articulation. Will share photos once I'm back." (C) phantom2kau
"Everyone will love these. It is so smooth, the joints and seams are really polished, and overall the quality is excellent. I gave it a little cuddle when Ash showed me yesterday. This is no cheap plastic clamshell, it is a thing of beauty. So this one can house a favorite tee. I need a 1/6 one for favorite panties, and a 1/18 for my favorite jeans! Thank you Kim and Ashley!" (C) Devours

July - 2009 Bertiefreight1.thJuly - 2009 Bertiefreight2.th

Paula promises us that next week would be full with excitement and breathtaking news!
"That said, he owes you all some really good paintings on this very blog next week for making you all have to read my long rambling posts.

Be sure to staple your necks to your heads, for in the next week or so, the upcoming news from chez Wood is going to be freaking huge. "

The rest of the entry is here. Be sure to check it out here. And be there next week of you will miss a lot, or just check the news!

To illuminate the confusion considering this post. Bramble - is Ashley Wood's wife and she expresses how she feels like about certain things happening around Ashley and 3A. I don't advice you to dig deeper or build up any conspiracy theories about that. It's all said there, take it or leave it.

Ashley Wood will be here shortly and announce major news.

Couple of info bits:
Squares and Zombies are shipping really soon.

Our boardies saw Squares during the SDCC (Ashley Wood showed it to them) and they said, that the articulation is really out there and craftsmanship is on the premium level!

Our boardie gregory about mmmm....touching the WWR Squares (which are soon to be shipped to their proud owners worldwide)
"saw them as well. they've got a nice heft to em. everyone is going to be very surprised and impressed when they arrive. i cant really equate it to anything other than its like gripping a softball "

Ashley Wood is back from the SDCC! Be prepared for the major wave of news.

Ashley about SDCC and meeting the fans:
"it was cool to catch up with boardies , all sporting there legion shirts, very cool !!!
It was a good con, very tiring but great things will come of it !
hope everyone got their IDW Bramble etc!"

Ashley about Lunar Security Armstrong, who was estimated scheduled for July release:
"just keep checking the blog for info ~"

So maybe it's still this month release. The release day could be shifted to August, because of the Ashley's and Kim's trip to the SDCC.

Ashley Wood about AVA (female body from the 3A) at SDCC, the release time of AVA and about updating current male bodies of 3A figures:
"ha, we had it, actually it was out a lot, but no 3A people were around when we had out ! no matter, sooner than later you can get you own ! "
"its for the best, you guys should only want to see final shipping stuff, not nekkid female toy bodys ! also we are prepping new male bodys with different proportions etc, shoulders leg and arms size and so on."

No matter if you have Large Martin or not, read this review . Our boardie dedguy and mod ennui, did a really great job on this one.

Ashley Wood giving us a small lecture about Berties eyes and how they see things:
"they are sensor arrays, just different parts, its not an eye, they dont see per-se, they are painted different colors in the field to give a look of an eye so the humes have more empathy towards them.
the markings are not burns, but dirt and rust and weathering due to extreme conditions they work under
Toms logo was based on bertie artwork , bertie was around years before Tom designed a logo for WWR.
end of class."

Now we know more about WWR.

Ashley Wood commenting on Lady Sham and stating that Lady Sham is going to be first woman figure by 3A. I always thought, that first are going to be Tomorrow Queens, because my Tomorrow Kings need some company badly. But Lady Sham is such an awesome character, no wonder, she will be first.
"Lady Sham is always sporting a white vinyl cat-suit of sorts, and yes there will be bots for to ride down the line. Lady Sham is going to be the first Female fig we release !"

I got asked today if the wonderful WWRP Brambles (who are still on sale at www.bambalandstore.com ) will come with the decals. Of course they will, don't even worry about it. And please keep in mind that final 3A product, is hundred times better than the prototype or production photos.

Next 3A WWR bot which comes on sale next week is: Rotchild Lunar Security (Defense) Armstrong.
"next week I believe, just getting it all together !"

Some prototype pictures and Ash's painting, to remind you, how he looks like. As for the sizing, he is approximately same size as WWR Bertie MK1, but he has 17inches big weapon!

July - 2009 Arm1pu9jh5.th July - 2009 Arm3wt5ra8.th July - 2009 Arm2nj7xh4.th July - 2009 Pro3g.th
July - 2009 Armmyq.th

Text from 3A production blog, considering decals on the WWRP Brambles:
"The images that have been shown pertaining to Wave One of WWRp are all without decals, we are always changing decals etc up till the final moments and did not want to show something you may not get. But rest assured they all have decals and are bloody great !"

Price of the Amrstong is 250 USD, with the shipping included.

Ashley Wood talking about Armstrong variants and chases:
"no NW or DW armstrong, they are a particular group, it worked for LM and Bramble, I have a an idea for a special armstrong.. but, 3A, we dont do chases !"
"colorways, actually, we have a few, but I dont know which we are selling yet, there is a camo siege commander, standard defence, standard defence commander etc..
we shall know soon.. "

Please check Armstrong related news above.

Text from the Ashley Wood's blog.
"Leaked to Variety, Jerry Bruckheimer has indeed nabbed the film rights to WWR from me ! Dont expect any changes in books or toys etc, its still business as normal but with a powerhouse film maker in the WWR corner ! Big thanks to Ted Adams, Rick Jacobs and Matt Rosen."

Related to the movie and news thread is here.

Ashley Wood comments about this upcoming movie and the whole thing:
" nothing is changing, toys, books, all is good !"
" i dont do things without thinking about it, I want to see my worlds in motion !"
" nothing is changing, im making toys, books etc, I cant make movies, so I go to the top of heap !.."
"let me say this..
WWR is great, BUT I do much more, and have ideas that will surpass anything yet, im not a one-idea ride into the ground kinda guy ! 3A has toys that will surpass your expectations, im working on books and games that I believe are awesome and my best work yet. I dont do anything unless I think it will be great, and that means teaming up too. I cant talk about a movie that isnt even in production etc. hang tight, see what I get up too, some shit your gonna dislike, some shit you will love."

gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down