World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October - 2009

Go down

October - 2009 Empty October - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:30 am

First of all, let me say: thank you for all the positive and negative feedback I'm getting, this helps me make my news even better and be a better help you for you. As you probably now, this news are getting updated, sometimes even hourly, when Ash is active on the board and gives away all the new info or production pics. September was a new milestone for me, September news thread was read more 17000 times, not a huge number...but it was only couple of thousand clicks in January. 3A is growing and more people are need to get their daily shot of 3A updates. If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to PM me and perhaps we can make this even better.

If you are new on the boards, please do check out this section.

Now let's get down to business.

What 3A hatchery is cooking for us this month?

We will see pre-sale of WWRp MK2 Berties and WWR Dropcloth. Maybe first issue of the official 3A Magazine - Venture will be available for sale, but not sure about that.

Here are WWRp MK2 Bertie prototype and Dutch Bertie - Zwarte Toren, next to WWR Dropcloth prototype. I bet we will see some production photos really soon!

October - 2009 Bm21.thOctober - 2009 Zwartetoren.thOctober - 2009 Blurr2.th

Awesome 3A Venture show in Hong-Kong is basically a month away and starts on November 6th, Ashley is going to be there for three days and Mr.Kim is offering big tour, visiting all his favorite Hong-Kong artists on the 9th of November. All you need to know, you can read in this section of the board, featuring planning, names of boardies who are going and where are they staying and many more.

Here are some amazing HK Venture posters:

October - 2009 Poster1upload.thOctober - 2009 Poster7upload.thOctober - 2009 Poster6upload.thOctober - 2009 Poster5upload.thOctober - 2009 Poster4upload.th
October - 2009 Poster3upload.thOctober - 2009 Poster2upload.th

New sketch thread is started on 3A board, previous one is closed for judging. This month theme is Yotsuya Kaidan, pretty interesting, huh? Want to know more, just click the link and participate. Don't forget about October photo thread as well. Take a look, what an amazing photos were uploaded to the September photo thread.

October - 2009 Diy2.th

As for DIY de Plume, the one above, was won by our boardie expathos, for posting absolutely awesome photos to the new 3A site user gallery - www.threeaonline.com Try your skills and upload some great 3A toys photos there!

Heavy TK's Nasu and Kato were sold approximately twelve hours ago, but there is a still chance of unpaid orders and some may be available for sale. Here is Ashley talking about it and small hint about Heavy TK's production numbers:
"as unpaid orders get culled, they appear back in stock"
"a little more than kiba and co"

Nasu (3AA exclusive) and Kato(general release)

October - 2009 Nasu.thOctober - 2009 Kato.th

Ashley about articulation of the AVA - female body system by 3A:
"the kness bend. thighs rotate etc. damn if we had not had articulation this would have come out in march."
"the female body has been the hardest project so far, just the tooling of parts, took for EVER !! we have already started on a new version for size etc. Some will dig, and those who like there 1/6th female man-ish will not.."

Ashley about SO highly anticipated 3A release: Men from N.O.M, apparently there will be a Shadow variant of them, available at HK Venture in November:
"the release of the double set will be a standard release. everybody is welcome..
the individual figs are..."
"well anyone at the hong kong show might be able to get one of the commanders in shadow mode... BUt they are hard to catch !"
"dont sweat it, they will be invading soon enough ! but not shadow versions, aka shadow noms
and they only come in old school de plume boxes etc.. not a fancy box etc.. "
"well yea different boxes Gimbo, the proper set is a, err set. these first run Nom commanders come in deplume boxes, not very exciting at all."

More NOM madness!
"one per person ! we wont have many ! 50 of each I believe if we are lucky !"
"one of EACh doofus..."

Ashley answering on mine question, what figures will be available and shown at the HK Venture and will there be any lifesize figures, like SDCC Bramble in 2008.
"toys as in to buy or toys in general ?
so far, if all goes well, 10 different TQ variations, noms, bagged severed heads, and umm, sumin or other. oh yea a "3A" Bertie WWRp
Dropcloth will be on show, tommy mission, popbot.
of course all can change, until I hold it my habds, its all vaporware !"
"mm, there might be some life size TQ's around !"

Guys, don't forget, there will be pre-sale of Tomorrow Queens at the bambalandstore, during the HK Show! To remind you, there will be two versions: one is casual TQ, one is FIELD RUNNER variant. One of them is HK Venture exclusive and I'm not sure whether it would be available at the bambalandstore or not.
"DONT FORGET, TQ'S WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE ON THE DAYS THEY SELL AT THE SHOW !"

Ashley about special extra stuff for the people on the original Men from N.O.M list, which was made long time ago. And answering on the question (which we all answered a lot of times): How can I get on the list? - the answer is - Sorry, you can't. Men from N.O.M is an open release, everyone interested can get it. People on the list, who will buy the figures, will get an extra goodies, that's it.

"fuck that, guys, I said there will bagged severed heads, 1/6th style !!
cmon... "
"are their heads for WWRp Dirty deeds berties? = yes !"
"but the heads in baggies with header cards are 1/6th"

A little bit info about Shadow N.O.M:
"their faces will be all grey , and desaturated blue, kinda like shadow zomb, the clothes will be really weathered and dark. more than the normal release, dark , with dark on top, rapped in darker bits !"

Ashley speaking about Popbot Blind Cowboy and others upcoming Popbot figures:
"he is coming, we just have to pace stuff out, I wanted popbot before him, and sham.... and others... I want the entire universe nailed !"

HK Venture posters we saw earlier, would be available for sale! The size is massive, price unknown..
"the posters from the HK show will be available soon ! 35" square in size"

Here is a small update from Master Kim, related to visiting Kim's favorite artists tour, on 9th of November, after HK Venture. You can read more about it here.

"The artists tour is set on 9th November and would also visiting the office of How2 work production company which produce the les Mort 13. Also would be visiting the headquarter of ToyR as well."

WWRp Bertie MK2 would be probably sold as a 6pack:
"we wont be offering single figure sales, maybe not even 3 packs ( three singles in a box ). Just 6 packs etc.."

Previous news for this date are above

Ashley explains why there will be only WWRp sets offered at the Bambaland and gives further details. WWRp Berties MK2 will be up for sale in the middle of this month and Brambles WWRp First Wave, will start shipping in next week or two:
"BAMBALAND WONT, RETAILERS WILL, WE WONT< SHIPPING SINGLES SUCKS< RETAILERS WILL.
SO Bambaland wont sell singles, retailers will. Bambaland will see the 6 packs with a rare fig or wwrp squares etc.. "
"a bit better.. so you want to pay for shipping with that single fig sam, ill sell you singles, if you cover the shipping on them ? thats why we dont, we would be in the ngeative on every single if we shipped it with free shipping."
"because the single would cost too much then, higher priced figs can absorb the cost, 45 buck, take out 35 usd average for the world shipping via EMS ( it has to be be EMS at least to track correctly ) - production costs = a loss"
"I know what PITU meant, 45+35 ems cost = 80 bucks WAAYYYY to much
we can do it , but I dont think many will take the option, when sideshow, and other retialers will have them for 45 and better shipping costs or none for walk in stores."
"6 packs only and other sets etc, singles are for retailers !"
"retailers REALLY supported the WWRp line , there will be many out there ! "
"if we do a 3 pack, 2 pack etc, it will be a box designed just for that, not two single boxes sold as a two pack. the berties will be onsale mid month, I didnt want to sell before the brambles started shipping, plus I wanted all decals and pouches on them. gotta say the bertie pouches are killer, better than its big brothers !"
"so to be clear ..
Bmabaland doesnt sell RETAILER single WWRp Berties, we ship to retailers to sell.
We only only sell sets at bambaland."

Black Bertie freight container, with the t-shirt inside, will start shipping soon. And not by regular mail, but by EMS, Fedex and etc. There are surprises inside too:
"should ship soon, and by ems, or fedex, ups etc
if you get a HK show tshirt invitation, you will get to see the next t-shirt container !"

If you like big 3A bots, as much as I do, Bob the tactical nuclear launching bot is absolutely must have for you:
"the figs are cool, the pouches are a step up, the brambles ship soon, WWRp has been the biggest success for us, we have many plans that hopefully will fruition, such as the BOB the tactical nuclear launching bot that in 1/6th isnt possible due to size. even in WWRp scale he is 15" tall.. !"

Calmness before the Bertie MK2 storm! In the meantime, here is Ashley talking about making spaceships, don't know about you, but I would just LOVE to see some spaceships masterpieces by 3A:
"i was thinking about making spaceships, I wonder if there is a market, stuff like chris foss designs etc"

Since, people are a bit confused with Berties (MK1, MK2, MK3), here is my small explanation:
MK1 is the first Bertie (Desert, Dirty Deeds, ZvR) remember?
MK2 is the upcoming WWRp Berties, which will be produced in WWR too at some point of time in future.
MK3 is the bigger Bertie MK1, with proper feet and armor plates. It will see the light in WWR lines.

Here is Ashley talking about them earlier:
" MK3 is the biggest , another half tall, armor plates etc ( has to , at its size its an easy target ), comes in many variations..."
"MK2 is the smallest of all berties, more of a heavy soldier classification, MK3 is the biggest, twice the height of MK2, the heavy gunner/hitter of the berties group, see that that old popbot image of the street scene with bertie walking with jeeps etc for idea."

A lot of important news from 3A production blog today:

Next week see's the sale of the first toys from Colan Ho and Mak !
The second WWRp wave featuring Bertie MK2 and Square2 goes onsale mid October.
We will soon be announcing a VERY COOL new toy line, keep ya eyes on the blog !
The Coarse/3A collab is rocking along, 1/6th to vinyl, we have it covered !!
Just over a month the Hong Kong Venture art show, hopefully it will be the first of many !

WWR Dropcloth photos:

October - 2009 Dc1.thOctober - 2009 Dc2.th

The Dropcloth price is going to be 98$!!! It's super generous offer in my opinion. Here is Ashley about Dropcloth:
"of course he is nekkid here... but soon you will see him in all his glory !!"
"and only 98 bucks !thankyou , thankyou !"
"3A is going to go broke if they dont sell ! we can hit the poor house together !"
"time period jobby for standard colorways."

previous news for this date are above

Ashley about how 3A keenly deals, with the images uploaded to the new 3A site. Don't forget about expathos, who uploaded cool ass photos and won DIY de Plume!
"oh I might mention we have not SNUBBED anyone, only when multiply images that are very similar are dumped or they feature other toys that 3A has not made do we not show them etc !.
oh and remember, if its not on the site, it cant win a prize.. "

Ashley about WWR (and not only) fonts:
"As discussed before, apart from the "WWR logo" ol Tom has not created anything for 3A as of yet ! I do it all for now, packaging, logos, etc etc, , hopefully I pass that on when we can afford it !"

Berties MK2 WWRp, will not have any rocket launchers:
"nope, they are not MK1 berties, they dont have rocket launchers, they have gatling guns.. and not dual pistols by standard "

Here is a reminder how Colan Ho and Mak "United Planet" toys look like, which we will see on sale next week at www.bambalandstore.com

October - 2009 83904326.thOctober - 2009 Ad2l.th

Ashley confirms, that 3A will make a spaceship, it's my dreams coming true:
"they all look like model kits, i think almost too fiddly, I like the form of Foss and co, thats how I see spaceships.. though I dig the alien designs.
Im make a limited editon ship, cant see the wind unless you hoist the sail !"

Ashley speaks more about Dropcloth, his articulation possibilities are really astonishing to me:
"he has some cool weapons too !"
"those pouches are from a WWRp Bramble, the final pouches and set up are way different ! thats a firstshot prototype, you guys will see the final soon. his articulation really allows for great postures, he also had awesome balance, one foot karate poses are a go !"
"george and mildred double set, hell yea !!"

george and mildred, were both mentioned in the WWR 2 book.

Ashley explaining more about special t-shirt, which maybe inside the Bertie freight container:
"err its an invitation that is sent out, if you turn-up from outside of HK, im sure we can find you one ! its a invitation tshirt/container set !"
"its a tshirt with an invitation to the show printed on it, iside an exclusive colorway vinyl container bot."

With 10pack of WWR Dropcloth in the works, 3A thinks about suggesting a payment plan option, for the greater convince of 3A customers:
"we are looking into time payments, but one point, once your in, you cant back out, as we make shit to order, that toys ordered has to be paid for !
So more info on the at soon once we have it nailed, hope that it helps !"
"we have to get stuff figured out first for payments, how it will work etc. probably not for this month's stuff"

New art, from Ashley's blog. Now we can see, how the Men from N.O.M gas mask might look like:

October - 2009 Photo5yz.thOctober - 2009 Photo2wq.thOctober - 2009 Photo3af.th

Please check the results of the September sketch thread and September photo thread and read moving speeches, which our art mod eseffinga wrote on the behalf of 3A. Kudos to all who participated and my congrats to Fuelreaver (for best photo) and vondurabo, Brizl and Sail, who sketches deserved a special mention.

Ashley about WWR Dropcloth quartet:
"dropcloth variations and mods will come out over time, not all at once, ill start with 4. Dc is a good base body to build on, ill take full advantage of it !"

Ashley about perfect quality of the HK Venture posters:
"you ever know me too use shit paper ?"

There is a big chance, that Men from N.O.M would be up for sale in November.
" they will be onsale very soon Mr Gar, same time period I would say !!"

Lately this board have experienced some issues...reload time was slow, error messages popped up, don't you worry hopefully it would be fixed soon.

Ashley speaking about bot mechanic painting at his blog :
"reworked bot mechanic , didnt like the first one !"

Remember this box we saw earlier? As our forum vulcan gar guessed, it's a single WWRp Bramble box! The mystery how awesome WWRp Brambles 6pack box looks like is still unsolved.

October - 2009 Wwrpw1box.th

Now we know about Dropcloth chase and it's going to be a very interesting one. Got to love this bit of info, for Peaceday reference:
"there will be a dirty pink, but is a chase, WOOHOOO, Peaceday Dropcloth !, Peaceday which in turn has the largest death-count of any historic moment or battle in the WWR story !"

More exciting Dropcloth and Peaceday info. There would be Dropcloth singles available at the Bambaland. Congrats to gar on receiving the desired Dirty Pink Dropcloth!:
"NOM isnt a person, its a creed
Peaceday is a moment in time that went really, really wrong.. "
"gar gets a pink DC, as he is our pink robot in spirit !"
"singles on bambaland yes, as the price allows for shipping absorbing."

Ashley mentions today new book idea, which he probably has in the works:
"a novel type book will happen !"
"i have a new idea for war stories now, more intimate.. kinda excited about it.. it has a robots but less prominent, different style and look.. but this is WWR, so forget that"

We have to wait a bit for the production work to start on the next Adventure Kartel figure: Tommy Mission
"nope, we cant make that many toys at once !"

Ashley speaks about WWR Dropcloth looks:
"not kilt, I said kilt like to give an idea of the look, but its kinda different !"

More info on Tomorrow Queens ten variants:
"the TQ's have many shoes, highheel one of many."
"thats going to be hair and other small stuff..
TQ will be like TK, different styles and characters over time.. "

Awesome drawing from the Ashley Wood blog:

October - 2009 Ashgallery.th

WWRp First Wave shipping news. 3 packs are already gone to shipping, six packs will take couple of days more. And if you ordered 3 pack and 6 pack, you will probably receive them separately (3 pack first). Can't wait for all the lucky owners to receive their monthly dosage of 3A goodies;:
"3 packs have gone into shipping, well three singles jammed in a box Smiley
the holiday in china this past week have held the shipment of 6 packs back a couple of days, but peeps will be getting WWRp real soon !!"

Ashley Wood art show will not happen this year in Europe. So if you want to and have time&money, please concentrate your attention on 3A art/toys show in Hong-Kong, starting November 6th.
"no euro show this year, too much work ~ sometime next year.."

Next Adventure Kartel figure: Tommy Mission, is going to be really something to talk about:
"nope, we cant make that many toys at once !"

WWRp Brambles first wave photos bellow, on the photos you can see Euro 24 Daniel, Marine Corp Bramble J.E.A. and MERC :

October - 2009 Wwrpsingles.thOctober - 2009 Wwrpsingle.th

Here is Ashley, explaining again about European show:
"paris was an ashley wood art exhibition, not a 3A event .. just a FYI"

Ashley commenting on WWRp Brambles packaging:
"3 single boxes with flap folded back...."

Information about HK Venture posters, they would be sold as 8 pack (poster images can be seen in the first news of October):
"being sold in sets of 8. with text !"
"cant split them, and have certain ones laying around not sold. We have to at least try and cover costs."

Ashley about Dirty Pink (very rare) variant of WWR Dropcloth:
"I would not worry about the filthy pink DC , not many will ever be seen, rarely held !"

There are even more awesome WWR Dropcloths in plans, so don't concentrate or your attention on Pink variant. Here is Ashley commenting on the scale of the Dropcloth gun:
"there will be many better than the pink !"
"err, inch and bit or so... not a big gun in the scheme of things.."

Dropcloth gun number one, the details are amazing!

October - 2009 Dcpistol.th

Probably new members haven't saw awesome photos of prototype shown during SDCC in 08.

October - 2009 BERTIE_SDCC001

A lot of us simply loved the poncho and been reminding about it to Ashley from time to time. I specifically liked the riot shield, which is on the left..

Today Ashley mentioned poncho in the Dropcloth thread...maybe it's happening for real? Plus here is more about Dropcloth and photos promise as well:
"each different DC come with a different weapon etc.. ill shoot a pic today with DC and some other figures so you can see his size etc.."
"ponchooooooo"

Painting we saw recently in Ashley's blog is going to be shown during HK Venture as well. So if you will be there, you will have a perfect opportunity to see Asley's work with your own eyes. I saw his art and I must tell you, that photos or scans, doesn't show how great and perfect his oil paintings are.

There would me more Dropcloth over the time, for now, we can buy four variants:
"4 to start and over the years HOPEFULLY ! different variations etc "

Ashley about WWRp Brambles first wave, there is a good news no stiff joints on them.
"the joints are powered on these, so the sticky joints should not be an issue."

Our board member madbaki got his WWRp Brambles 3AA pack, check out this beauty!

October - 2009 Dsc00063gz.thOctober - 2009 Dsc00091d.thOctober - 2009 Dsc00101jv.thOctober - 2009 Dsc00142.thOctober - 2009 Dsc0015wd.th

In case you don't remember, WWRp First Wave 3AA set consist of NW and DW Brambles, plus DIY Euro Bramble. 6 pack included DIY Bramble with a gat gun. Main difference between those two DIY's is the weapons, EURO has pistols and DIY in the 6 pack, has a gat gun.
"gatling for day and night

WWRp Bertie MK2, which would be on sale this month have a big SURPRISE in them. Please check out this wonderful news and Ash's comment about WWR Dropcloth photos:
"re dropcloth, im in two minds about showing more shots, as everyday I field the same email, does Dropcloth come with pouches or weapons, are there any colors apart from black ?
So I might wait for a complete set-up to show more, which isnt long.. Plus Im more focused on the mini bertie MK2 at the moment. here is a tidbit of news you will like, every bertie comes with a mini square sporting a corresponding colorway. The min square is exactly the same as its biggish brother, same articulation etc.."

Fingers crossed for DIY Bertie and WWRp MK2 Bertie drop next week, huh?!
"next week the bertie show starts.. there will be a DIY somewhere im sure !."

It seems that there is a common problem, that Euro Bramble in the 3 packs is missing his pouches or Euro Brambe DIY in the 3AA pack, comes with the gatling gun instead of pistols. So, if you have this issue, please write an email to info@threeaonline.com, provide your order number and details, and of course describe your problem. Everything would be solved.
"actually the 3AA set should have been a pistol variant, and the 6 pack is gatling. All can be fixed, you have not been RIPPED OFF, so chill out !
if you get a gatling variant in ya DIY and dont want it, dropm 3A an email and we will make it right.. "
"anything missing drop us an email."

Ashley about riot shield (seen on the SDCC 08 Bertie pic above):
"riot shield etc, was kinda pointless, they are robots with thick armor etc, a shield wont offer much more defense, but it will take more energy to carry, use etc.."

Wonderful info about Rotchild Mechanic and WWR Spiner:
"oh, ill do a Rothchild Mechanic, probably wont set any sales records, but I really dont give a fuck about that, so yea, there will be one. Im sure I can make it a cool fig, come with a severed bot arm of some type, the sniper is a sure-thing after the grunt

Black Bertie freight containers, with the t-shirts are shipping out right now!

Ashley about WWR Sniper 3A is going to make soon, who is mentioned earlier (check this thread above):
" its the sniper from WWR book 2"

Ashley about WWRp Bertie MK2 variants:
"I think 3AA will get something different this time, no more NW/DW sets."
"same cost , pistols, new size, gats, new design depending on colorway.."

It's official now, we will see Dirty Deeds Bertie in Bertie MK2 six pack.
"dirty deeds is in the 6 pack"

Ashley about WWRS (World War Robot Strategy, 1/16th scale):
"there coming....."

I want to remind you about WWRS and what's cooking. WWRS is a small model series that will have no articulation ( regardless of scale of bot ), each will be posed accordingly. There would be singles and sets, Ashley would like to make some sort of tabletop game, if he manages to find somebody, who has skills for that. Everything from WWRS series, will be pre-painted and put together. Good commentary from Ashley to summarize the info:
"these figs are being made because Kim and me believe it could be fun. At this size we can make vehicle's as well and really crazy big dreadnought bots that couldnt be made to scale any other way. Image a 3" bertie next to a 16" Diablo Dreadnought bot all in scale. thats cool to me. So yea, its a small size line, with some big ass ideas."

Since Bertie MK2 sales date are closer&closer now..a lot of news about the Bertie, since some original Ashley's quotes are difficult to understand without the context, I provided a direct link for several of them. There will be no Euro Bertie, and 3AA will have something different this time, not NW&DW set, like with WWRp Brambles. Ashley still really wants to make the set of 12 Dirty Deeds Berties:
"I wish more Euros ordered to make it possible to have a distro point, and to be honest, sending stuff to Europe via EMS isnt good for us, its very expensive !!!"
"well, Im still waiting for productions models to arrive here, with pouches and decals, no showing without them.. they are done, I just dont have them, wish I did..back to elevator music.."
"re colorways, pretty much inline with the brambles, a sense of continuity etc, i can say there is a jungle camo bramble coming etc.
3AA, dont know, the shipping issue makes it impossible to make a single fig, maybe ill make it a Dirty deeds set !!"
"no more NW or DW for now...
I tell ya, people will want a DD set to go with there 6 inch de plume !!!"
"for most.. il probably release them separately.. or ill make 50 sets, and let them site in the store..dunno, lot of work etc.."
"i meant the 12 fig set..I really want to do it !! grrr"
" no euro bertie"

Some info about upcoming WWR Sniper figure:
"nope, wire gun is the name of the weapon, not how it functions, it is made by IC50 ( a sub of rothchild ) , the wire bit refers to how the bullet seems to move on a wire straight to its target without deviating.. handy for a sniper etc."

We will see both Medic, Desert and Marin colorways in WWRp Bertie MK2 wave:
"no marine. who said ?"
"medic is one.. i love the medic corp. kills more than they save !"
"medic would look cool"
"same with desert.."

Ashley answering this Iron Panda question :
"reds, as in red planet, as in mars.
earths nations has banned together to topple the mars Separatists. they dont get along like a happy family, but for now its in all their interests to band together."

Ashley about Warbot (some prefer to call ZvR Bertie), I guess it's now written in stone, there will be a 7pack!:
"we have the head mold for a two eye bertie."
"ill not make it a exclusive 3AA thing, maybe sight unseen ! 7 PACK !!!!"

Ashley gives more info about WWR Sniper, with what bot part he may come with (as an accessory, like a bot head with TK's) and weapons:
"maybe a toasted bertie head would be cool... maybe a MK3 head..
IC50 are a weapons manufacturer, from a certain point all weapons used by bots and humes became a IC50 -
wiregun, is a IC50_WG_8320
Even the machete is IC50, the IC50_ES_001.
all weapons are chipped only to work with their designated handler. Merc prize IC50 weapons that have been hacked, costly but worth it !

Ashley explains about the distribution system and way European customer receive their 3A goodies quicker than US customers:
"shipping breakdown>
US has a distro point, everything goes there from us, and is then sent out to you.
rest of the world gets ems direct from us, so it arrives quicker."

More info about WWRS line from the 3A:
"I would love to have a WWR game, maybe a conversion to work in the warhammer rules, but im a noob there.
WWRS is actually a important line to us, but only really Kim and me doing it all, so i have to find help or more hours in a day !
they are cool though, ill show some soon ! maybe get master painters to have a go painting them !"

Since everything you buy from Bambalandstore, has a possible DIY de Plume voucher in it, here is a reminder from Ashley:
"there is always a chance of getting something, we are always looking into ways of making it more fun. More DIY de plumes to be handed out soon"

It's a mystery what Kenny Wong will bring to show at the HK Venture show:
"you know, im not sure what Mr Wong is going to show at the show, he is the unicorn of 3A ! A mystery"

No info about which WWRp Bertie MK2 we will see on sale, but this info is coming to us soon:
" ill lay out the available set/sets today sometime, still have no bots to photograph though..sigh!!!"

Ashley speaking about 3A WWRp line success and in order to get cool European distribution system (basically to say goodbye to the custom charges) we Europeans, must find more friends and devote them into 3A way))
"no Euro love"
"we cannot keep up with demand at retail for WWRp, great stuff !! very excited to see this line have long legs, I have many ideas, im really getting onto transports now, stuff like bot-drop ships etc.."

12 pack of Dirty Deeds Berties is happening! At Bambalandstore would be available two packs of Berties. First pack: 6 standard designs + 1 Warbot Bertie. Second pack: 12 Dirty Deeds Berties. Singles would be available only at retailers.
"2 packs,
7 pack of standard colorways plus zomb killer bertie.
and 12 pack of dirty deeds."

Get prepared to the WWRp MK2 news avalanche! Berties estimated sales date: next Friday, 23rd of October, 9:00 am AEST. 12 Dirty Deeds pack will be offered to everyone (no matter if you are on the list or not), for a certain period of time (supposedly 24 hours). 12 Dirty Deeds pack will be signed by Ashley and Kim. Prices for each pack, 7pack or 12 Dirty Deeds pack is 220$ with the shipping included in the price. 7pack of Dirty Deeds will feature seven matching WWRp Squares and 12 Dirty Deeds pack, will have just a couple of them. 12 Dirty Deeds pack, will not be similar dozen Berties, they all would feature different decals and layouts:
"220 for 7 pack
considering the singles run 45 retail, they both are amazing deals !
the dirty deeds set is a 3A gift !"
"the dirty set will be sold based on the single , I dont have 12 yet, as it was figured out just today !
they will be onsale next week, probably 9-00am friday."
"no 3AA this time.
both sets will have a limited sale time. 75-90 Dirty sets will be offered."
" yes, different loadouts, different decals.. Im not going to want 12 of the same figure.. right, I want this set, so im gonna make it cool !"
" you guys have to remember, 3A is different, yea you hear that shot, but we are, we are trying to build something special here, not make $$$, we want to make the world a happier, toys seem a good start !"
"oh yea, they will be numbered and signed by Kim and me."
"the 7 pack will rule too, desert, medic, marine, Dirty deeds, deep powder, Dutch merc, and the exclusive to the set ZOmb Fucker.. damn, all with square !
the dirty set dont have 12 squares, they only need a couple."
" ill just make what ever, is ordered within the time frame.. now to tell Kim"
"im sure it wont get too high, we shall sign and number them all.. but its gonna be a 24 hour period for the 12 pack, maybe longer if the sale tanks !"

More about WWRp Berties:
"7 pack has 7 squares, PLUS, zomb killer will not be available outside the set.."

Ashley about WWRp de Plumes:
"Q - hey 3A will your wwrp human characters rock..
A - OH YEAAA"
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

October - 2009 Empty Re: October - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:31 am

Our boardies in Japan and Great Britain, just received their Black Berties freight containers, with the t-shirts inside. Thank you so much for the pics, madbaki, CrisR and Teimaru.

October - 2009 40140007302aa354dca7.thOctober - 2009 Dsc00064d.thOctober - 2009 P1030603.th

WWR Dropcloth is going to be released in November.
"they will be in november, not enough time to get everything ready"

Ashley confirms that we will not see DIY Bertie in this round of WWRp Berties MK2. But there are good news too, 7pack will feature a special packaging and Warbot is Bambaland exclusive:
"no DIY this round, another round for that"
" 7 packs re only for bambaland ( its not seven boxes in a box, but a special bamba set ), not retail, and the two eye bertie will not see retail release."
" dirty deeds prefer pistols, but there will be gatling guns, machete etc"

Do you remember Suicide Club variant of Armstrong Lunar Security bot, Ashley mentioned a while ago? Here is more info about this:
" the sui club are exclusives for a retailer. to be named soon !"

Ashley explains how he works:
"i designed this stuff months ago, we work waaay ahead..
plus I work everyday day, no holidays, no weekends.. you cant do what I do part-time..."

News from the 3A blog and awesome photos of Berties:
Next week shall see the release of the WWRp Bertie MK2 if all goes well ! Bambaland will only be offering 2 sets, a 7 and 12 pack.
Retailers worldwide will be offering single boxed figures. More info and final images soon.
Attached to this post are some prototype shots from over the months, none are final and are missing bits and pieces and colorways and decals are not final, but fun never the less !

October - 2009 79444366.thOctober - 2009 31136476.thOctober - 2009 67235034.th

Interesting image from 3A production blog month theme...could it be soldiers heads, Ashley mentioned earlier?
""fuck that, guys, I said there will bagged severed heads, 1/6th style !!
cmon... "
"are their heads for WWRp Dirty deeds berties? = yes !"
"but the heads in baggies with header cards are 1/6th"

October - 2009 3aoct1v.th

Ashley speaking about the heads:
"never said there would be bags of 1/12th heads, there is bagged 1/6th head available at the artshow, bagged with header card etc.."

Piece of the art packaging for 6 pack of the Brambles (WWRp First Wave). It seems that they will start shipping out any moment now.

October - 2009 Th_6pack

Ashley gives more information about Bertie MK3, and compares WWRp Bertie MK2 size to WWRp Bramble:
"not as big as brambles, they are just about human height in the WWR world, the MK3 is twice as tall as a human. MK2 is a heavy trooper, compared to a dropcloth which is a more a light infantry-man etc"
"MK 3 will be 12" in WWRp
the MK2 run with soldiers, well walk briskly, MK3 are heavy support, offensive bots, slowish, but can carry heavy firepower."

About box art on the Black Bambaboss box:
"guys, Ill only say this once and im not looking to debate. I dont censor people, I wont be censored or change my vision based on people's lame ass repressed reactions. The day I do that, 3A and I are finished . If people are offended by a "DRAWING" thay have the issue, let them work it out. I would suggest do not buy our toys if the opinions of others have bearing on your choices, a simple fix right there. We are not hasbro, mattel, whoever, we dont care about offending, or upsetting, its part of my job and all artists to do those things!"
"you want a badly packed dick lil tekky, admit it !!
dont be shocked when a dick arrives one day on a side of a box...
mmm TQ would be apt !"

Check previous news for this date above

WWRp Berties from the production blog

October - 2009 Berties1.th

Comment from Ashley about the decals on the Dutch Merc (Zwarte Toren) Bertie:
"the lion decal is the dutch merc verson, classic shit...
though the colors are wrong on that shot... its a dirty deeds paint scheme under those decals."

One more response from Ashley about criticism:
"im not offended, I was even directing it anyone here, I was just stating my position.
its all cool, ill just put big cocks on the boxes now"

Since massive Black Bertie freight containers, with the awesome t-shir inside are shipping everywhere, Ash decided to join the fun:
"anyone even mention we made money on overpriced tshirts, just add up vinyl, thsirt and EM fucking S shipping...
gotta love that bigasss logo ! no piffy little ones "

If Bertie MK3 will ever happen in WWR scale, it's going to be 24 inches big! Don't know about you, but I ALREADY WANT THIS BOT!!!

Bertie MK2 WWRp standing next to the WWRp Bramble

October - 2009 39617250.th

No news yet about the highly anticipated 3A Cosmonaut figure by Jeremy Geddes, but we know for sure, that he will bring this awesome painting to the HK Venture show.

October - 2009 Studyforkingedward.th

Photos of the invite to the HK Venture t-shirt and LM Container. Don't worry they will be offered with the next t-shirt, so if you don't get one as an invite, you can buy one later.

October - 2009 In2e.thOctober - 2009 In3j.thOctober - 2009 In1q.th

Ashley talks about the t-shirt and container, and how he wants to make lots of t-shirt, but people have to be more enthusiastic in buying them:
"well if you come from an international locale to the show, ill try and dig one up for ya, they are limited"
" the container will be available with our next shirt."
"too costly to just use for a freebie invite..need a new container now... mmmm"
"mmm thats a good idea, or a new severed robot head...."
" vinyl could not retain the flat surfaces at that size, I think.."
" I would love to do more shirts, people gotta buy em though !"

Ashley about WWRp Berties MK2 going on sale next week at 23rd of October, 9:00 AM AEST. To remind you: singles would not be sold at Bambalandstore, only at retails. Single price is 45$ and they come with a WWRp Square inside. At Bambaland would be offered 7pack of Berties and 12 pack of Dirty Deeds, each of them will cost 220$:
"these guys are in production, its many things that take my time.."
"next week if I can get my ass into gear, im sleeping 1 hoyur a night working on everything
singles have a retail of 45 bucks."
"the squares are in the single box too. its a combo set."

Ashley about showing more WWR Dropcloth photos:
"Dropcloth will be a 3A show debut figure.."
"I dont withhold pics, I just dont have any final drop C's to show yet !"

Next freight container for the t-shirt would be Large Martin and after him, an awesome bot head, to make some company for Tomorrow Kings!
"well next retail shirt is LM container, which is bigger than the bertie one, then a devil bot head for the TK's to play with, when they get bored of playing with TQ's..!"
"oh yea, im also gonna release it in a limited painted version, so it fits in with the original Tk head , there will be a blank normal one too.
it will have a TK shirt from one of the figures"

Slightly more info about the devil bot head freight container:
"the head has never been seen, there are no public references to this design.. all new"

More about Kenny & 3A project: Sea Monkey
"there will be a new seamonkey I believe. but Kenny is our unicorn, very mysterious !"
"i dont know what it means, Kenny does what he does, he is an Artiste ! 3A lets the artist do what they do..."

Ashley confirms a possibility of making battle damaged (first ever battle damaged figure from 3A, if you don't count Bramble head and TK's bot head!!) Dropcloth and drops some serious scoop about the Zomb Nom Commanders:
"battle damaged can be done, but it will have to be in a two pack, as I dont think many will want a damaged bot by its self.
Just scoped the Zomb Nom commanders.. very cool, im some wont like, but they are funny, and spooky at the same time !"

More about Zomb Nom Comanders:
"no zombies in WWR, hence why they are Hk show editions !
or maybe they dont wash !"

There wouldn't be a HK Venture Dropcloth exclusive figure:
"yea it does.. DC is a complicated figure.. doing the figures we releasing for the show are really stretching our system already !"

Here is the list of all the possible exclusive figures, that would be for sale or shown at the HK Venture show, made by our mod ennui. For your consideration it's not the final list, closer to the show, we will get all the official data and information from 3A.

Another DIY de Plume found a new owner! My sincere congratulations to 3AAAsiao, he got it for this wonderful Square custom. Please check it out here and here .

Highly anticipated Men from N.O.M would be on sale soon, most likely in November:
"no, it was a joke, nom commanders should be on sale soon...""

Ashley answers on the question, whether another variant of the Sea Money, Kenny is working on, would be smaller:
"smaller.... no way !"

Here is a reminder how awesome and big Sea Monkey is, and for your information Sea Monkey would feature female pilot Snow Pea, designed by Ashley Wood:

October - 2009 3705088600396a836df5o.th

Ashley's blog is update with the new WWR painting. Click here to see it.

Two more WWRp Bertie MK2 photos and info from 3A production blog:
Each Bertie comes with a corresponding WWRp Square in the single and 7 packs . As said earlier, 12 Dirty Deeds pack comes only with a couple of Squares.

October - 2009 Promowwrpb2.thOctober - 2009 Promowwrpb1.th

If you are going to the 3A show in Hong-Kong and your name isn't on the list, please send me a message or add your name to this thread. Don't forget to do it and please don't be lazy, for you own good)

Ashley about Berties MK2 WWRp, including awesome news about Bertie the Hatchery (Hatchery is another name for the 3A factory) guard , which would be for sale at 3A Hong-Kong show in November:
"there all coming.
just a heads up, as I have been asked a bit today, only packs are available this week, single sales by retailers is still up in the air when thats gonna start etc. We sot have time to make a 2xI bertie up, so dont buy the 7 pack if you need to obsess on it, ill show it early November sometime.
These shot are factory made berties, but tweaking will happen, stuff changes, the decals are not placed 100% properly etc.. "
"err hatchery
if I had said hatchery, I would have had to field, the what, so they are not factory versions ?
The 3A bertie is called the Hatchery guard, thats cool !!! available at the show.. in a cheap ass bag with header card, old school style !

If you are going to the 3A show in Hong-Kong and your name isn't on the list, please send me a message or add your name to this thread. Don't forget to do it and please don't be lazy, for you own good)

It seems that it's common for a lot of people, so if you can't make up your mind, which Bertie MK2 set to chose on Friday (7pack or Dirty Deeds 12 pack), here is unique advice from Ashley:
"I would go whatever speaks to ya Kris, they are both VERY different sets, 7 pack gets ya the warbot and many squares, dirty deeds gets ya the troop. they are all similar in color have different decals etc, not radically though, they are dirty deed Berties, not a pop group.
I think everyone believes 12 is better than 7, but 7 pack comes with 14 bots in total ( berties and squares ), the squares are awesome, fully articulated like their big brothers etc..
you cant fail.. unless you dont buy and hate your-self down the line as you cry long sorrowful emo tears over your david lynch DVD collection while mumbling erasure head is the best movie ever !"

12 Dirty Deeds pack, will have only two Squares. So, 7pack and 12pack, are similar in bot count. Seven pack will have 7 lil WWRp Squares and 12 Dirty Deeds pack, will have two Squares.
"two for the dirty deeds, they dont listen to their squares, in fact they would be happy to just jam their machete right into their grinning faces, they are with he group to perform walking table tasks for Nom de Plume."

Dutch Bertie Zwarte Toren:
Disclaimer, the colors really suck on blogger, and the net in general, so take these images with a grain of salt, much better in the metal !

October - 2009 Zwartepromo.th

Ashley about Zwarte Torens:
"hard to explain, wayyy cooler in the hand...
more to come !

Bertie Medic:

October - 2009 Medicpromo.th

Ashley about colors on the Medic:
"the red looks washed out online.."

Dirty Deeds Bertie from the 7pack may have bloody effect:
"im thinking of giving the DD in the 7 pack the bloody effect, so there is no crossover with the 12 pack.."

Dirty Deeds Bertie:

October - 2009 Ddpromo.th

Ashley confirms blood on Dirty Deeds in the 7 pack and comments size of the machete. For your information, I confirm that 3A figures always look million times better in person, than even on the best photos:
"im gonna give the 7 pack DD a splatter of red !"
"machete is way better too, good size !"

Desert Combat Bertie:

October - 2009 Desertpromo2.th

Marine Bertie:

October - 2009 Marinepromo.th

Deep Powder Bertie:

October - 2009 Deeppromo.th

Every 7 pack and single Bertie MK2 comes with a WWRp Square2. Its the only way to get the WWRp Square2, he will not be sold separately ! Here one of the Bertie's matching Square, with his identical bigger brother:

October - 2009 Minisquare.th

And FINALLY NOM Commander HK show edition, there would be approximately 50 of each at the show (as Ashley stated before):

October - 2009 Hknom.th

Ashley answers about making further variants of the Men from N.O.M:
"mm deep powder no
BLANC, maybe"

Dirty Deeds Bertie in the 7 pack of course will have heads in the package:
"7pack Dirty get heads, without heads well he aint dirty"

Ashley answering to the question, how many 7 packs one person can buy and how long 7 pack of Berties would be up for sale, so if you want one, then don't sit on the fence:
7 pack, many as you like, they will only be up for a defined period though, which is a secret. ohhhhhhhhhhh

WWRp Berties MK2 sales date: this Friday, 23rd of October, 9:00 am AEST at www.bambalandstore.com Please check release timezones here , but be sure to double check it.

12 Dirty Deeds pack will be offered to everyone, for a certain period of time (supposedly 24 hours). 7 pack of Berties would be up for sale for a defined period of time too (how long? that's a secret) and you can buy as many, as you want. 12 Dirty Deeds pack will be signed by Ashley and Kim. Prices for each pack, 7pack or 12 Dirty Deeds pack is 220$ with the shipping included in the price. 7pack of Dirty Deeds will feature seven matching WWRp Squares and 12 Dirty Deeds pack, will have just a two of them. 12 Dirty Deeds pack, will not be similar dozen of Berties, they all would feature different decals and layouts. 7 pack will feature exclusive two eye Bertie (Warbot aka Zomb fucker) which will be Bambaland exclusive.

Seven pack would feature six Bertie designs seen above: Desert Combat, Deep Powder, Medic, Marine, Dirty Deeds and Dutch Bertie Zwarte Toren, plus Warbot Betie, which would be shown in November. For your information Dirty Deeds Bertie in the seven pack, will feature bloody effect, to make it different, from the Bertie in 12 Dirty Deeds pack:

October - 2009 Zwartepromo.thOctober - 2009 Medicpromo.thOctober - 2009 Ddpromo.thOctober - 2009 Deeppromo.thOctober - 2009 Marinepromo.thOctober - 2009 Desertpromo2.th

Ashley speaking about regular version of Men from N.O.M and it's difference from the HK Venture Exclusive - Shadow N.O.M:
"the original will be as distressed, the difference is color and zomb paint job of face etc.. original will be as cool , if not cooler !
Im trying to space stuff out, as I listen to you guys, money etc. I cant spread things out too far, coz as they are made I cant stockpile etc...
NOM is simple, but was hard to get right, removable masks and helmets are hard to get right, sizing etc...
thanks !"

12 Dirty Deeds pack will come with the certificate, as I understand it would be signed by Ashley Wood and Mr.Kim and numbered:
"12 pack will come with a card. certificate, napkin sign by kim and me. So its easy to sell of the 11 other DD's!"

More about Men from N.O.M appearance and weapons (they will have some retro and recognisable guns). Those little details are so awesome! Mr. Kim figure would even feature a little glasses:
"Nom commanders have a cool spare gas-tank hanging at the back,a simple thing, but it looks so retro and cool, these turned out really well."
"very simple gun, retro, you will recognize."
" the nom are quaint bunch, hitech, low tech, vulcan, emo all in one package !"
"yes they did, with transparent lenses !
thats where all the R&D went !"
"much older than a mag, these are not Dirty Noms"
"or a mauser ,,, or sumin"

Ashley about HK Venture Men from N.O.M price:
"I still dont know what the separate HK Nom's will cost, maybe there will be many left over, hell im sure there isnt 50 fans in HK that want a NOM ?"

WWRp bomb!
"mmm maybe I should do a 3AA 3pack, NW/DW and DIY, just for.........GAR !!"
"I meant for 3AA gimby...
GAR is a fan though, and I know he would go emo if I didnt...."

Ashley thinking out loud, what to do with unsold/remaining HK Venture exclusive Men from N.O.M:
"if there are any left after night one, we shall use them as prizes for stuff etc.."
"maybe put one set on bambaland ! for like 1k for charity.. sketched on boxes etc"
"simpler like this though, random time, set price.
gotta see how it shakes out !
gahh so much to do.. have to finish the most anticipated item of all.. the 3A shopping bag design, I know, a dedicated forum should be set up for such an exciting item !!!"

Ashley about the 3A shopping bad:
" the bag rules !"
" our bag has a severed foot on it.. thats cool....er right !"

Please check a lot of essential news above, for this day.

New art is up at Ashley Wood's blog, click here to see the entry.
Ashley speaking about the things he plans for the art show:
" you boys are in for quite a surprise.."
" wish I had time to paint... too busy drawing !"

Look closer and you will see awesome Dropcloth:

October - 2009 Ventureash.th

Info about Berties, from the production blog:
The WWRp Bertie MK2 Adventure 7 pack and Dirty Deeds set go onsale tomorrow 9-00am ( Melbourne AEST ) at Bambaland . The Dirty Deeds set is limited and comes signed by Ashley Wood and Threezero.

October - 2009 Dirtydeedsd.th

And another quick reminder from me:

WWRp Berties MK2 sales date: this Friday, 23rd of October, 9:00 am AEST at www.bambalandstore.com Please check release timezones here , but be sure to double check it.

12 Dirty Deeds pack will be offered to everyone, for a certain period of time (supposedly 24 hours). 7 pack of Berties would be up for sale for a defined period of time too (how long? that's a secret) and you can buy as many, as you want. 12 Dirty Deeds pack will be signed by Ashley and Kim. Prices for each pack, 7pack or 12 Dirty Deeds pack is 220$ with the shipping included in the price. 7pack of Dirty Deeds will feature seven matching WWRp Squares and 12 Dirty Deeds pack, will have just a two of them. 12 Dirty Deeds pack, will not be similar dozen of Berties, they all would feature different decals and layouts. 7 pack will feature exclusive two eye Bertie (Warbot aka Zomb fucker) which will be Bambaland exclusive.

Seven pack would feature six Bertie designs seen above: Desert Combat, Deep Powder, Medic, Marine, Dirty Deeds and Dutch Bertie Zwarte Toren, plus Warbot Betie, which would be shown in November. For your information Dirty Deeds Bertie in the seven pack, will feature bloody effect, to make it different, from the Bertie in 12 Dirty Deeds pack:

October - 2009 Zwartepromo.thOctober - 2009 Medicpromo.thOctober - 2009 Ddpromo.thOctober - 2009 Deeppromo.thOctober - 2009 Marinepromo.thOctober - 2009 Desertpromo2.th

WWRp Berties would be for sale in less than 15 minutes, from this update at www.bambalandstore.com !

Ashley explains why Men from N.O.M have two hoses:
"the hoses are important, BUT its not time to say why, the WWR story evolves slowly through many avenues, toys, books, upcoming games and movies.
your gonna have to wait.
Plus it looks fucking cool "

Ashley about how soon Tomorrow Queens would be ready and shown:
"we are working away, fingers crossed.. or legs !"

WWRp Berties are up at www.bambalandstore.com !

3AA pack is not there, I can't give you any information right now, whether we will see 3AA pack or what Ashley mentioned yesterday, was just a plan, that wasn't approved.

Two new photos, including Warbot skull!

October - 2009 7pak9.thOctober - 2009 7pak8.th

Sales of Berties are going quick! They could be removed from the Bambalandstore quick, so please don't sit on the fence! Ashley thanks everyone for their Berties support
"I have sold nearly double DD what we thought so, hoped so, but I have told many it would be around for a few hours, cant have an emo wave hit!
Man, quite a few berties to make.."
" "thanks fellaz!!"

News about upcoming WWRp Waves:
"next wave, heavy Bramble ( hopefully ), Large martin, damn large martin.
Some new Bramble colorways are coming too. maybe just at retail, dunno."

please check the Berties on the previous page

WWRp Berties are up at www.bambalandstore.com !

Ashley about the absence of 3AA packs:
"no other packs for bambaland. too much work for us already to add in more stuff !"

And a reminder:
Sales of Berties are going quick! They could be removed from the Bambalandstore quick, so please don't sit on the fence! Ashley thanks everyone for their Berties support
"I have sold nearly double DD what we thought so, hoped so, but I have told many it would be around for a few hours, cant have an emo wave hit!

Ashley reminding us, how he runs bussiness, the way we appreciate the most:
"appreciated
I have never run a toy company, so I do things differently I guess. i see this as a long term prject not a short term money grab!"

Ashley comments on his art:
"90% of my work is under NDA's, I can never ever show it, like tears in the rain.
from MGS to Star Wars, t, to err who ever, my daily job is pretty varied.. but time consuming.."

12 Dirty Deeds pack is sold out, congrats to everyone who score one:
"sold the list twice over, 3 times nearly , but i want everyone to have a chance at it.."
"dirty has sold out, until I cancel some orders.. we shall see though."

Precise info about Bertie MK2 and MK3 sizes:
"not 7" never said that
around 6" these are generally tall man size robots, the MK3 is 12" tall.. in WWRp scale"

De Plumes in WWRp would be bitch to get too:
"nom is the figure we are releasing, noir, well he is gonna be a bitch to get in WWRp, its tradition !"

Ashley comments why the Bertie freight container for the t-shirt is bigger than Bertie WWR:
"the bertie container is bigger than the toy, they are not to scale when it comes to tshirt containers"

More about pricing on the exclusive toys for the HK Venture:
"prices, we will make them up on the day !"
"wads of cash are very persuasive !"

Ashley says thanks again, to everyone who supported this release:
"cheers..wwrp is the line baby !
we are gonna own 1/12th !"

Awesome Berties 7 pack is still available at www.bambalandstore.com, featuring exclusive two eyed Bertie Warbot! Make your move!

Ashley about that:
"im going to keep on bambaland long as possible"

Info from the production blog:
Retail Bertie MK2
Individual Bertie MK2 will be available in retail, there will also be some special exclusive colorways out there, EMGY ,Red, Panda, Dragon etc.. so keep an eye out !

About Berties showing up at retailers:
"thats up to retailers
we dont offer them as you know, im sure sooner than later"

Shots of HK exlusive Bertie - Hatchery Guard Bertie

October - 2009 Hatch2r.thOctober - 2009 Hatch1h.th

Ashley about HK show:
"well we would like to have you there, not to buy shit, but just to hang !"

3A toys gallery and 3A teaser/prototype gallery are updated.

Don't forget about this month sketch thread, it ends soon.

Our moderator eseffinga kindly shared with us, photos of LM container, with contains HK Venture invite t-shirt:

October - 2009 376573981.thOctober - 2009 376573979.th

If you missed your chance to get 12 pack of Dirty Deeds Bertie, they will go back up soon at www.bambalandstore.com ! Don't miss them again!

"FYI
rogue DD 12 packs going up soon...
errrr, spread the word gimby,
anyone...
bueller..

Kenny Wong about his participation at HK Venture:
http://www.kennyswork.com/news/

Exhibition Period : 7th -13th Nov 09
Time : 2pm - 9pm
Venue:Room A, 3/F, Jone Mult Ind. Bldg,
169 Wai Yip St., Kuwn Tong, Kln
contact info@kennyswork.com
Presented by 3A

Who knows, maybe he will show to us, wonderful Sea Monkey and lots of secret things?

If you missed your chance to get 12 pack of Dirty Deeds Bertie, THEY ARE UP FOR SALE at www.bambalandstore.com RIGHT NOW! Don't miss them again!

Ashley about opening hours of HK Venture:
"nov 6th opens at 7pm..."
"ill post opening hours on the blog soon..."

Bits of the text, on HK Venture invitation t-shirt, thanks to our moderator ennui:

October - 2009 Img7800sm.th

Don't know about you, but even sitting at home and going emo, about not going to the HK show, would be more pleasant, when you have this awesome t-shirt on your back.

As predicted Ashley Wood vs Kenny Wong collaboration: Sea Monkey and female pilot Snow Pea, come in one box:
"they are a set, not sold sep, seamonkey and snowpea are in one box"

Ashley about HK Men from N.O.M availability and severed heads:
"im there 6, 7, 8th
thats when the exclusives go onsale, But i cannot promise nothing, get there early, make yoirself known to me or kim etc, as they are limited, 50 of each, except severed heads, which there are 200 I think.
of course 20 people might just turn...
never know !"
"they are 1/6th soldier heads, same size as the ones that came with dirty deeds bertie 1/6th"

New painting is up at Ashley's blog.

HK VENTURE poster and all the necessary info:

October - 2009 Invitationg.th

12 Dirty Deeds pack seems to be sold out, that's why I told you earlier to hurry up! I hope everyone who wanted, got his Berties. In the meantime 7 pack of awesome Berties is still available at www.bambalandstore.com , for 220$ shipped.

There wouldn't be TQ sale simultaneously, with the TQ sale during HK Venture show and that's why:
"we will release the TQ, but its still in beta, we sell a bunch at the show, but we are still tweaking it. The show TQ is very basic, doesnt come with much, wont cost much, but gives you a cool idea of the fig"
"no tandem online, its price prohibitive for this version, we will offer the final TQ soon though !"

Ashley about finishing working on his latest art for the HK Venture show and his magazine "Fuck it"
"if I can finish it today and varnish, it will go up this week, last batch of art before the show !"
"gimby, I dont put that much on the blog no more, turns up used and abused to many places,... my monthly Fuck-It mag will be like a blog, lots of shit !"

Difference between "Fuck-It" magazine and "Venture":
"venture is more a catalogue of what 3A has done adn will do. maybe twice a year, because its a mutha of a job !!
Fucki it will cover all my outing, art to toys shit.. it wil lhave stories, art, text, anything im involved in etc.. I got high hopes for it."

Tomorrow Queen looks
"heels, short skirt, tshirt, gloves etc... looks cool.. "

Ashley confirms about 3A plans to make MK2 Bertie in 1/6th scale. Woohoo! I'm happy!
"we will make a 1/6th MK2 next year"

I guess that this means , that we will see Adventure Kartel: Tommy Mission pictures soon:
"the hatchery is at full power. a tommy will be made by R&D squad if possible ~!"

OMG! OMG! OMG!
"certain retailers that ordered certain amounts of bramble will get variants..
I never said there wasnt a NW or DW bertie.... if I did, it was a joke"

6pack of Brambles WWRp aka First Wave, shipped from the Hatchery! Happy 6 pack Brambles owners be prepared and don't forget to share the pictures with us.

Ashley answering on the question, whether the would be any Bramble First Wave variants (as not standard ones) at retailers, like with Berties WWRp.
"only for berties for now. no bramble variants at retail"

Absolutely gorgeous art from Jeremy Geddes blog shown bellow. Here is Jeremy speaking about the show:
"The last big pic for the show, nothing like working to the last minute!
The show looks like it's going to be pretty great, lots of art, toys, beer and good company!"

October - 2009 Dsc0020oj.th

Amazing sculpt from Kenny Wong, which is going to be displayed at the HK Venture show.

October - 2009 Img1277s.th

New art at Ashley's blog, check it out here.

Ashley about retailers, you can click this quote:
"retailers will will pre-order like bramble !"

WWR Suicide club Armstrong reminder and in case you don't remember, he is made from others bots old parts and heavily weathered:
"oh yea, SC armstrong !"

WWRp Brambles First Wave six packaging (seen bellow) and what seems to be Suicide club Armstrong to me. To remind you, that particular Armstrong is going to be available at one retailer. Which one? No information yet.
"wha, sneeky lil shit of a bot !"
"re-tailor... nix the s"

October - 2009 6packsc.th

As you know WWRp Brambles Six pack is shipping, here is an image of 6 pack lying calmly inside their box, waiting for their lucky owners to unleash them:

October - 2009 Brambles6pack.th

Ashley speaks about art:
"if an artist doesnt evolve and change, then he is coke. Who wants to drink coke all there life...

Ashley speaking about characters on this drawings and denies that one of them is A-bomb bot, who we saw as a prototype in December 2008:
"none of those are abomb, Abomb was a failure, never to see release.
those are popbot characters, nothing to do with WWR

Kenny Wong's Sea Monkey, that thing is huge! And I got to say, that I love huge toys! It would on display at HK Venture, maybe even next to Snow Pea - Sea Monkey's female pilot, designed by Ashley Wood.

October - 2009 16341178968061984659061.thOctober - 2009 16341179588911984659061.thOctober - 2009 16341179625261984659061.thOctober - 2009 16341178968076984659061.thOctober - 2009 16341179588901984659061.thOctober - 2009 16341178968071984659061.th

Let's learn something about ZvR and Warbot (from 7pack of WWRp Berties, which is still on sale at www.bambalandstore.com) differences plus Ashley speaks that he doesn't want to make ZvR toys for now:
"its not a ZVR bot, I dont make ZvR toys.."
"the warbot looks the same, but I never said it was a Zvr warbot did !, just warbot, dont go freaking out, i never mentioned the 7 pack, or warbot.
section, not toys, dont go making hysteria !"
"nope, just dont want to..warbot isnt from WWR "
"nothing sinister , just boring stuff I take into account where I want to invest time and money, ZvR branded figures isnt one, I love it, enjoyed it, its all good, just not a 3A thing for now.
end this thread now and one of the mods can archive today."

Ashley about second Adventure Kartel figure: Tommy Mission:
" tommy is one of my best i think, simple, but cool.. Boiler ZOmb needs a buddy!"

Bambalandstore will not have any new items until Ashley will not be home from Hong-Kong Venture:
"i cannot control the store or settings from HK like I normally do, its not so turn-key, I cannot monitor it either, so while im not in my normal surroundings, no orders."

EMO bomb about exclusive Men from N.O.M figures, sold at HK Venture:
"the shadow Commanders are sold separate and in a blind box in HK.. I bet there will be swapping and selling going on outside the show ! ohh the emo !

No news about Spawn figures by 3A for now:
" spawn related, im doing a spawn 200 cover !"
"thats all your getting"

Previous news from this date are above

Ashley about exclusives, which would be sold during HK Venture:
"HK stuff
Venture WWRp BErtie
TQ's
Nom commanders
severed head
geddes x wood giclee set"

More information about HK exclusive Men from N.O.M and about charity deal. That's second 3A charity, first one was Zombbot
( October - 2009 Zombotcharity.th)

who was sold for 3704$, so 1500$ for the whole HK exclusives package (described bellow) is without any doubt an exceptionally good offer:

"we never said sold as sets, blinds are fun, hell you cant fail, they both rock !!
plus it gives 100 people a chance over 50..
dont forget the set on bambaland for 1k though !!!
the charity info for zombots gets released on the 6th..
actually I might put the whole pack on the store..
commanders set
tq's
bertie
severed head
in severed foot bag
for 1500...
x1"
"buy it now..
for the kids man, FOR...THE...KIDS !!

Since more often people ask, what the Men from N.O.M stands for, here is an early image from the previous version of 3A site:

October - 2009 3441262228_c50180aa00_o

Ashley Wood x Jeremy Geddes giclee set, was a surprise for HK!
"whoops, should not have mentioned the set.. it was a surprize
lucky I cant get fired !!"

HK exclusives: Severed heads (limited to 200) and 3A shopping bag

October - 2009 Hkv.thOctober - 2009 Snc10125.th

Ashley comments about HK exclusives Shadow N.O.Ms:
"getting a nom shadow set will be hard.. as you can only buy one blind etc
but im sure dicks will put em on ebay, so there is that option.
of course, it doesnt help the kids......ERIC !"

Remember that there supposed to be a different Heavy TK at retailers? Here is an info about him, good way to catch up, for people who missed original two Heavy TK's.
"retailer version has red shirt white stripes
should be up for sale at retailers"

Ashley thanks everyone who is going to attend HK Venture and btw, it's the best way to get the exclusives:
"happy to see you there !"

I saw this funny comic made by BRiZL and thought, why not to make a thread dedicated to such comics, who would focus on daily things around 3A or some dicussions? Like October sketch and October photos months threads. Please discuss the possibility of this idea here.

Ashley about Men from N.O.M availability:
"3A is doing it so more than a handful of people can get a nom commander, these are not sets separate boxes etc.
nothing funny, or strange, the nom commander set is a very different affair !"

BRiZL gets a DIY de Plume for his comic, shown above! Congrats BRiZL!
"that is funny..
DIY de PLUme win"

Ashley about retailers for WWRp Berties MK2:
"sideshow are cool, really cool, they dont have all there info yet, the 7 pack is pretty much gone, retailers sre next."

Let me explain to you. Men from N.O.M set will be sold openly at Bambalandstore, no blinds, no tricks, basically it's going to be an open release for a certain period of time. Shadow N.O.Ms aka Shadow Commanders (limited to 50 each) will be sold during HK Venture, as blinds and only one Shadow N.O.M in each person hands. Ashley clarifies things about Men from N.O.M set and Shadow Commanders (HK exclusives):
"NOM commanders has and will always be sold as a set
the shadow commanders are singles."
"sold soon too !"

Please check out HK Venture shopping bag discussion, if you haven't done it already.

As the month ends, don't forget about October photo thread and October sketch thread . There are a lot of interesting entries. And of course don't forget to upload your best photos of 3A toys (no WWR Berties and Les Morst please) to the user galleries at new 3A site, best entries would be rewarded.

Please don't forget to check the previous news for this date above

Ashley confirms that there would be a recruit cards (not severed bot heads) for original Men from N.O.M list members, if they will order the set in first 24 hours. Please click here to see , whether your name is on the list or not.
"the Nom Commanders dont dick around with severed heads, only the bots.
cards for the list members as mentioned before, only if ordered in 24 hours as we need to make em !"

Here is a final painting from Jeremy Geddes blog, packed and shipped to Hong Kong Venture:
Is packed and shipped, on it's way to Hong Kong. The colours are a bit off here, blogger always seems to do that.

October - 2009 Birdscosmonaut.th

Visit HK Venture and grab these posters:
"actually to go inside certain toys, but we will give them away in Hk"
"they are big too !"
"its not a checklist really, missing stuff, just an overview of 3A"

October - 2009 3aposter2.thOctober - 2009 3aposter1.th

Couple of our boardies just got 6pack of Brambles, I must say that it continues the best traditions of Squares 10pack packaging! Absolutely love it! Thank you for your photos Teimaru and mattyp!

October - 2009 Photohwe.thOctober - 2009 P1030784sm.thOctober - 2009 P1030786i.thOctober - 2009 P1030788t.thOctober - 2009 P1030799.th

Another photo of the Kenny Wong's Sea Monkey work in progress bellow. Kenny said me via Facebook, that it's the special version of Sea Monkey, he wants to show at HK Venture:

October - 2009 16341180233901984659061.th

Since there are still questions about the Men from N.O.M (NOM commanders) and Shadow N.O.Ms (Shadow commanders), I will try to explain everything to you.
Men from N.O.M and Shadow N.O.M are to separate releases.
Men from N.O.M are going to be sold as a set only at www.bambalandstore.com and as open release. For certain period of time (more than 24 hours) everybody can get a set. First 75 people on the list, click here to see the list , if their order Men from N.O.M during first 24 hours of the sale, will get a SOLDIER OF N.O.M Alpha recruits card. That's their only advantage, as a thanks to this people, because they made Men from N.O.M happen.

Shadow N.O.Ms are limited to 50 figures each and would be sold at HK Venture, not as set, but as singles. And they would be sold - one in each person hands and as blinds. So you wouldn't know, which Shadow N.O.M is inside. I hope now it makes this info a bit clear to everyone.

Ashley reinsures everybody, that they will get Euro pouches or/and DIY Euro guns:
"every order that had a euro will get the pouches sent to them gratis of course, every 3 pack DIY will get relevant guns and pouches sent to them. just sit tight, its a big operation !
3A never leave wounded behind ! unless yor a dick, then we will pop ya our-self's!"

Sideshow will have Suicide club Armstrong! And info about retail version of Heavy TK's:
"Heavy TK is a every retailer exclusive, I dont handle wholesale, but any retailer can get them... coz I says so.
Some toys are specific to retailers though, the Sc Armstrong is sideshow, upcoming WWRp Berties are for stores that ordered a crap load of Brambles etc.
As info is locked in, it will be on the blog."

Ashley about HK Venture posters (seen above):
"double sided"
"I meant, we will give them away in HK, but when you get a toy big enough to handle a poster we will jam it in the box !"
"if folded it fits, it will go in, we didnt print them to hoard em !"

3A will start showing Spawn toys soon:
"will start showing stuff soon.."

Some advice about cash, while in Hong-Kong:
"use atm machines to get cash, most work just like in your home town. i have don it there many times
3A only takes cash yo !"

WWR Armstrong will ship out to it's owners in November! I must say that I felt in love equally, with WWRp line, but I can't wait for my big bots to come home.
"not overdue.
they ship in november."

Ashley about means of payment at HK Venture:
"usd is good, all cash is good, we will have 3A master accountants on site for all financial matters"

Ashley speaks about art selling at the HK Venture and buying art in general. For your information, each exclusive will come for sale at a different date. No info when or what yet.
"yay
but seriously its all good, all worth it, and as any collector knows to get so much coolness together for onetime is RARE !
fastest wallet wins"
"bummer just noticed I forget to send a skateboard up... shit"
" mmm well, the best doesnt always cost the most, hesitation in art collecting is the problem !"
"ill bring it up, sell it in the alley behind the show.."
"i agree"
"and saturday and sunday, remember each exclusive is released over different days"
" me too. very close at least !"

Ashley about retail only variant of the Heavy Tomorrow King - Soh:
"yup Heavy TK Soh is retailer only
red shirt, white stripes different shirt decal."

Don't know about you guys, but I'm absolutely calm, when 3A needs more time to work on certain toys, before shipping them out. It means that they want to raise quality on a new level and what's wrong in waiting a bit long and getting absolutely awesome handmade paint jobs? Plus we all know, that a lot of 3A resources is devoted to making it's first ever show to happen. 3A is not a huge company like Mattel or any other unpersonalized toy giant, it's a small company with soul and we love it for that! Here Ashley comments about WWR Armstrong shipping in November.:
"we will not rush, or be rushed.."
"bottom line
got a question about your order, email info@threeaonline.com thats the best way.
back to armstrong !"

Ashley talks about Suicide Club Armstrong, who would be sold only by one retailer - Sideshow Collectibles, quantities and price are still unknown:
"i would say same price, BUT I cant tell sideshow what to do..
it would be silly if they charged more ?"
"but his head is red....
well dirty old red...
but red !!"
"im not gonna say, its up to sideshow, its their Armstrong.
Im sure it will be revealed soon !"
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum