World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else think the action portable line could benifit from the 3AGO body?

+4
Wooly
illproxy
Chivo
YFH
8 posters

Go down

Anyone else think the action portable line could benifit from the 3AGO body? Empty Anyone else think the action portable line could benifit from the 3AGO body?

Post by YFH Mon May 18, 2015 5:09 am

I mean, it's durable, thicker, and overall more solid. I feel like with a few improvements in articulation, this body could work really well in the AP line.

What's your opinion?

YFH
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Anyone else think the action portable line could benifit from the 3AGO body? Empty Re: Anyone else think the action portable line could benifit from the 3AGO body?

Post by Chivo Mon May 18, 2015 5:22 am

So you're saying shrink the 3AGO body down to six inches?  I think the problem with the AP line is at the feet and hand articulation and how easily they fall off.  If they could fix those issues whether it be addressed with the current AP bodies or be a non issue with a six inch 3AGO body, then I don't think it would matter what body would be used.  Both bodies seem fine and sturdy other than the issues I just mentioned and obviously if they added more articulation to the 3AGO body.

Last edited by Chivo on Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Anyone else think the action portable line could benifit from the 3AGO body? Empty Re: Anyone else think the action portable line could benifit from the 3AGO body?

Post by illproxy Mon May 18, 2015 5:52 am

dude the AP body is legendary, 1/6 bod scaled down. just perfection IMO. only way it could be better if they had faux leather boots in that scale to improve ankle artic in WWRp.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by YFH Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 am

illproxy wrote:dude the AP body is legendary, 1/6 bod scaled down. just perfection IMO. only way it could be better if they had faux leather boots in that scale to improve ankle artic in WWRp.

I feel like the ap body is a bit too fragile. Posable, yes, but not as sturdy as the go body.

YFH
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Mon May 18, 2015 6:01 am

^ Yeah, agree with iLL on WWRp. (and portable AK for that matter)
But,... I exited the 1/12 game a while ago. All I kept were my zombs, the hornets and my Noir.

I bought 3AGO Hemingway to find out what an 8inch 3A figure would be like.
I'm not going anywhere near 3AGO anymore either now.
I get it from a nostalgia factor in what they were trying to do,.. but it just does nothing for me. The scaling looks so off to me for the WWR & TKs that were released. It's supposed to look that way, I get it,... but just not for me.
The fact that the articulation is so limited just seals the deal.
Carry on.... pirat
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightjar Mon May 18, 2015 5:49 pm

No. I love both for different reasons. The AP body is a fantastic for miniature poses and for having a tiny version of the 1:12. 3AGO is entirely different; solid, chunky and playable.
Knightjar
Knightjar
Yesterday Kid

http://sculpt.strick.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Mon May 18, 2015 8:21 pm

For the most part this body would be a huge step back for AP, but if they could get the GO ankles onto the existing AP body instead of those shitty ill-fitting peanuts that would be a big win.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kenjitron Tue May 19, 2015 2:46 am

illproxy wrote:only way it could be better if they had faux leather boots in that scale to improve ankle artic in WWRp.
I think faux leather boots might be tough to pull off in 1/12 without looking sort of chunky like the KDA/KDO/TKYO kicks.  It'd be great if ThreeA would be down to deviate from the 1/6 design a bit and simply engineer a new ankle joint there.  My go-to example is always NECA Dutch, a booted figure with concealed double balljointed ankles.  They have great range, and at a glance, the boots still appear pretty seamless.

ironchap wrote:those shitty ill-fitting peanuts
I don't think we need to get rid of em, they just need a little re-engineering.  What worked in 1/6 doesn't work in 1/12, at least in this case.  I think all we need is a bit of a lip on both the ankle and foot cups, like you commonly see on many ball-and-socket joints, to keep the "peanut" from popping out as easily.  It's really a nice joint that gives a ton of ankle range, it just need some fixing up.

kenjitron
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jawa-Fett Tue May 19, 2015 7:27 am

I have the feeling the 3AGO line will eventually replace the AP line. The AP line seems to be delegated to retail waves at this point with the exception of the 2000AD line. It's probably more durable and easier to do. I always dreaded the AP fingers on the dropcloth and popbots...they seemed so fragile.
Jawa-Fett
Jawa-Fett
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by YFH Tue May 19, 2015 9:31 am

IronChap wrote:For the most part this body would be a huge step back for AP, but if they could get the GO ankles onto the existing AP body instead of those shitty ill-fitting peanuts that would be a big win.
I don't think it's much of a step back, but I think it'd be a step up in durability. I always fee like I'm going to break the wwrp stuff. Except maybe Noir and my custom, hornet bodies were worse!

kenjitron wrote:
illproxy wrote:only way it could be better if they had faux leather boots in that scale to improve ankle artic in WWRp.

I think faux leather boots might be tough to pull off in 1/12 without looking sort of chunky like the KDA/KDO/TKYO kicks.  It'd be great if ThreeA would be down to deviate from the 1/6 design a bit and simply engineer a new ankle joint there.  My go-to example is always NECA Dutch, a booted figure with concealed double balljointed ankles.  They have great range, and at a glance, the boots still appear pretty seamless.

ironchap wrote:those shitty ill-fitting peanuts
I don't think we need to get rid of em, they just need a little re-engineering.  What worked in 1/6 doesn't work in 1/12, at least in this case.  I think all we need is a bit of a lip on both the ankle and foot cups, like you commonly see on many ball-and-socket joints, to keep the "peanut" from popping out as easily.  It's really a nice joint that gives a ton of ankle range, it just need some fixing up.
This on a modified 1/12 3AGO body would be perfect.

Jawa-Fett wrote:I have the feeling the 3AGO line will eventually replace the AP line. The AP line seems to be delegated to retail waves at this point with the exception of the 2000AD line. It's probably more durable and easier to do. I always dreaded the AP fingers on the dropcloth and popbots...they seemed so fragile.
I hope not. I think a lot of the stigma keeping people from buying the AP line is the price and durability. They look fragile to a lot of people, even if they might not be to most.

YFH
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue May 19, 2015 10:54 am

YFH wrote:
IronChap wrote:For the most part this body would be a huge step back for AP, but if they could get the GO ankles onto the existing AP body instead of those shitty ill-fitting peanuts that would be a big win.
I don't think it's much of a step back, but I think it'd be a step up in durability.  I always fee like I'm going to break the wwrp stuff.  Except maybe Noir and my custom, hornet bodies were worse!

100% a step in in durability, I was thinking more along the lines of a step down in articulation with the current GO body vs AP.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YFH Tue May 19, 2015 12:11 pm

IronChap wrote:
YFH wrote:
I don't think it's much of a step back, but I think it'd be a step up in durability.  I always fee like I'm going to break the wwrp stuff.  Except maybe Noir and my custom, hornet bodies were worse!

100% a step in in durability, I was thinking more along the lines of a step down in articulation with the current GO body vs AP.

Definitely, but I think that's mostly because of the limited knee and elbow bends, which isn't terribly bad since the torso and shoulder movement isn't terribly important. I think it's worse on the knees. Perhaps there's a better way to do it?

Maybe using a ball and socket system might help

YFH
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down