World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion

+109
aconners1
3a_boltman
Takezo
koonfasa
Cthulhu
counterfeit
Oneluckyboy
pezbanana
papamadoo
thumbtack82
Chivo
Artoo
abex44
Devours
DannyB
Nothing
Matrix
x43x
Chanimation
DpM
BlackBellamy
johnnyhaggis
Beeswax
dragonklien
tango12
fredfran
Mr3AGO
konfucious
Onaux
rikitiki
Firehazzard
Deb Inc.
Bassnoir
fink
slowbrom
d3nnis
altego101
Skipper11x
Wooly
dtrain
Crem
Albino
geisT
wutasi
dextercat69
Tsuba
nixon_3AA
Darthgothikus
gregory
LordPiper
J&J
chiowhon
Grish
Beeratt
zendeluxe
turbs
Beaumont
illproxy
RestlessEye
Toolarmy
Rad Toy Review
Kedao
Danz
ozz
Plastic Robo
BPP
666ways2love
Jubal285ive
3Afan
miracle bubbles
luk
crucial1
Argentix
goddamnanalog
straytoaster
ArtofJeAA
UsedUniverse
regalia
DT2
Siona
ArtWar
gundamben831
ESeffinga
les_trois_as
Sideglide
IronChap
fluppeco
ineedmoretoys
bianco
Ce
Vaxillus
GrandpaStern
dbpom
PiggyV01
7bones
Dar Wolfram
gar
bubs67
Deus Machina
SpiderPig
Utakuninja
jcr518
Losartan
bubblegumking
Mouse9090
grimrealities
ianross
billy_t85
gimbat
113 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by Chivo Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:42 pm

The fact of the matter is that these current bodies aren't built for top heaviness. The knee joint alone is a testament to that.  That's why I didn't purchase this particular figure.  I knew it was going to be top heavy  with the battery and armor. And the knee joint alone wouldn't support that sufficiently to my posing standards.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by abex44 Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:46 pm

I think lots of us were in that same boat of speculation. However, it doesn't help that we have Ash stating to be able to hold the weight reassuring us prior to the sale. The bodies' joints are bad in the first place which Cthulu's video shows proof of. Bad QC > bad design

abex44
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:07 pm

oh, and brown hair for a seven bones member is meh... gotta be blue!
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Toolarmy Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:17 pm

I have to agree with the above comments. I look at the last few bits I have received from threeA, Cornelius - snapped neck, retail ankou ex - seized neck and floppy legs, Nabbler guy - floppy waist, 3ago Interloper - flakey ankle paint, Mk1 Maid square - seized middle, and the list goes on. I have a few bits still on pre-order and will see how that goes, but if QC issues continue then I'm out, which is a shame. Also CS most of the time appears rude and unhelpful
Toolarmy
Toolarmy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toolarmy Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Cthulhu wrote:oh, and brown hair for a seven bones member is meh... gotta be blue!
I have a few plans for my headsculpt Wink
Toolarmy
Toolarmy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Machina Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Well after watching the horrid vid by Chulthu, I arrived home and found two boxes waiting for me - Yoshit and Dmask. Usually I let a 3A stuff sit for awhile before opening it but my anticipation got better of me. This comment is strictly based on both figures I received.
Yoshitsune - the torso area is leaning back due to the weight of the uber heavy battery pack. Since I read the post that before forwarding to CS for exchange, one must remove the battery to see if the torso is floppy, I done so and...surprise, it didn't. I moved it back and forth, swivel it and while it is not tight as the older figures but could pose. I am expecting something worse, like the Iron Man Stealth torso issue, my official king of flip flop and Oliver Applehair's arm swivel. The hand to hold the massive blade, which fingers by the way are molded together (I slice it gently with a blade), keeps popping off the wrist peg, so I switch the hair dryer to cold to stiff it. It could pose for a couple of moment before coming off again. The neck joint, torsos are alright. But the grenades are not packed in properly and scattered all over.
Death Mask - Same as Yoshitsune except the left arm was in "reverse" order and it popped off when adjusted. I had to pop it back in. The main surprise is that the "armour" on the shoe isn't even slotted in. If I were to be un-careful, I may have lost it. So I had to sort it out myself.
The Stand - I am not referring to Stephen King's novel here but lame joke aside, the stand doesn't, uh, stand firmly at all, at least in my case. I need to remove the screw and insert it between the stand and the base. Problem is it couldn't hold firm.
Small nit-picking - Raised before during drop time, not keen on brinjal face shape, and hair colour. Yes, I do care about the rules of the hair colour, given that it is an "elite" team.Wink
Conclusion - Heavy Duty Slicer is perhaps one of my fav design TK. Unfortunately, not all ideas translate into practically when made tangible. For the figures in hand,  the issue is on the weight of the battery backpack, top heavy, just like Lass. And the packing seems to be handled by someone who seemed to be in a hurry to go for a game of mah-jong. Apart from Lass, this is the second and third figures I have to repack back into the boxes instead of displaying them with the rest of the team. I don't like the stand which couldn't stand steady and I am afraid over time, the torso would loosen or snap. Gravity you know.
And that's that.

Last edited by Deus Machina on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deus Machina
Deus Machina
Yesterday Kid

http://fatgeckoblogii.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Machina Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:50 pm

And btw, I am on fire here, it doesn't matter where the country of origin is from. The principal is responsible for the QC...and goodwill. I looked back with awe and satisfaction when Princess TQ replacement and that Adept TK (forgotten its name) body replacement are automatically initiated by 3A. Now that's the 3A I used to know.
Deus Machina
Deus Machina
Yesterday Kid

http://fatgeckoblogii.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthgothikus Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Th_Floppy_zpskbmct7ws

https://s593.photobucket.com/user/Darthgothikus/media/7%20Bones/Floppy_zpskbmct7ws.mp4.html

Let's hope a new body is in the post soon eh?
Darthgothikus
Darthgothikus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by zendeluxe Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:31 pm

I really like the design of the Heavy Duty Slicers very much, especially the headsculpt and the brown hair of Yoshitsune. I think it's a great figure and fits the 7 Bones just fine, but obviously that is a matter of personal taste.
I am not collecting the 7 Bones but I always liked them very much and probably would have bought one (aftermarket) if there wasn't this problem with the body being floppy. Even if it might be just bad luck that several (most?) legionnaires of this forum have encountered this problem, those numbers indicate a real problem regarding the quality of the body ThreeA has used. Me personally I will not take that risk and rather not buy a Yoshitsune, which is a loss for me and ThreeA, obviously.
And obviously the quality of all ThreeA figures has to be a priority as it is one of the foundations of all the figures we buy.
zendeluxe
zendeluxe
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Darthgothikus wrote:Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Th_Floppy_zpskbmct7ws

https://s593.photobucket.com/user/Darthgothikus/media/7%20Bones/Floppy_zpskbmct7ws.mp4.html

Looks okay to me!... cheers
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthgothikus Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Get outta here geisT ! lol!
Darthgothikus
Darthgothikus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Darthgothikus wrote:Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Th_Floppy_zpskbmct7ws

Just a dirty butt floppin' about in the breeze, nothing to see here...
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slowbrom Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Well, mine should be coming soon, hopefully anything is okay with it.
slowbrom
slowbrom
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:59 pm

Darthgothikus wrote:Get outta here geisT ! lol!

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 F01 tongue
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 3Afan Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:07 pm

I am glad that I have stopped buying Tks just in time. I mainly collect WWR now. I think this is a common problem when a company started mass producing their products. 1-2 Tks could do fine for me. Other than that, their design doesn't really impress me any more. This Heavy Slicer has a good design and worth buying, but the floppy body has killed that good element as well...
3Afan
3Afan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:20 pm

What I sent to CS last night...

List of problems out of box Neutral
- Floppy torso
- Paint scuff. Paint on rim of armor and nose tip stripped thanks to direct rubbing with the cellophane case
- Shoe armor plate fell off, one glued the other isn't
- Left hands on both slicers are loose, probably bad molding

After fiddling around with the figure all evening, I still can't figure out a way to remove the chest plate without cracking it in half. This could be problematic when 3A sends us the replacement bodies.

Also, I speculate if these are the re-tooled bodies since inner thigh has a date stamp "2015.03" like the one found on Obsidian TK. Besides the torso all other joints are tight on my figures.
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthgothikus Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Pretty sure Gregory said CS would send out new bodies including the shirt and armour as they are not meant to be removable. Didn't even realise the Shoe armour was supposed to be attached, both mine were loose out the box, just assumed they were meant to be like that Rolling Eyes
Hands just drop off continuously.
Yeah, I noticed the date stamp too.... concerning....
Darthgothikus
Darthgothikus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Siona Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:08 am

3AA Heavy Duty Loper is ready to ship, couldn't cancel my order, I asked after all the body problems appearing, I hope something will be done if it has also a loose body...
Siona
Siona
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by d3nnis Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:21 am

I just received my 2 Yoshitsunes, dreading what i'll find when I open them up.  I still have a 3AA Heavy Duty Loper on the way too.
d3nnis
d3nnis
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by fink Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:49 am

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 11401036_10204682960900233_6700653043379417600_n_zpsyxcu1hti
fink
fink
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthgothikus Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:50 am

What do you think of him Finkster?
Darthgothikus
Darthgothikus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:34 am

Did the lil scarfy type thing come wit him?cant wait to see if I too got lucky( highly doubt it- but hey)...mine just got to San Francisco

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthgothikus Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:41 am

Yep, but it's more of a crazy long scarfy thing than a little scarfy thing
Darthgothikus
Darthgothikus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:04 am

fink wrote:Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 11401036_10204682960900233_6700653043379417600_n_zpsyxcu1hti

...voo_doo!!!
bom
herzlichen Glueck_Wunsch!!!
cheers best TK ever!!! (excluding issue nonsense stress...)
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by dextercat69 Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:16 am

Chivo wrote:I think what we all fail to remember is this stuff is "Made in China/Hong Kong".  And the reason they are "Made in China" is 'cause of the cheap labor.  And with cheap labor, you're not going to get the best of products at times.  Sad, but that's most likely the reality.

I can go down the street for made in china SHIT and its not 200, this isn't an excuse

dextercat69
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next