World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3AGO WWR

+72
ozz
deru_here
QuietStorm11
Firehazzard
<{OjO}>
Vaxillus
Skuldren
d3nnis
cision23
chronokross
zendeluxe
Zach.de
Wooly
3a_boltman
Tsuba
carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u
MrJack
SzuTsung
Beaumont
DutchBot
Skipper11x
thumbtack82
666ways2love
gundamben831
illproxy
dtrain
fadeworks
counterfeit
Kabuto
ghostmouse
Bassnoir
Oneluckyboy
Argentix
Reks36
Heirforce
Artoo
UsedUniverse
papamadoo
gar
ESeffinga
Albino
zbrushman
gimbat
bubs67
KeiTa12
BPP
soulburn
zzzzz
Chivo
joe950
miracle bubbles
chiowhon
PiggyV01
supershallow
Mouse9090
koonfasa
oddice
Matrix
geisT
Plastic Robo
Mr3AGO
Sideglide
gregory
Grish
wutasi
IronChap
YFH
pezbanana
Dolly
DoomGoblin
grimrealities
x43x
76 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

3AGO WWR    - Page 8 Empty Re: 3AGO WWR

Post by pezbanana Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:00 pm

I hope EMGY, Hatchery and Medic being in a different kind of display box, doesn't mean they'll be exclusive to some show.

3AGO Medic Square is already Japan Venture exclusive (and why would they re-release it on Bamba?), so there's a precedent.

EMGY and Hatchery Berties in 1/12 were also exclusive, i think?
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:25 pm

I want that Desert, Hatchery, and Warbot even though I already know that was the SDCC release this year this version teased here looks much different. If they are not releasing that version again I can always settle for the Ghost Bertie and either recolor/re-purpose him into a warbot design.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:12 pm

pezbanana wrote:I hope EMGY, Hatchery and Medic being in a different kind of display box, doesn't mean they'll be exclusive to some show.

3AGO Medic Square is already Japan Venture exclusive (and why would they re-release it on Bamba?), so there's a precedent.

EMGY and Hatchery Berties in 1/12 were also exclusive, i think?
3ago berties probably won't include the square...
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by fadeworks Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:58 pm

gundamben831 wrote:I want that Desert, Hatchery, and Warbot even though I already know that was the SDCC release this year this version teased here looks much different.  If they are not releasing that version again I can always settle for the Ghost Bertie and either recolor/re-purpose him into a warbot design.  

Warbot version here is exactly what I wanted, didn't buy the one that went up on bamba because it seemed like it was just going to be the same paint app we saw at SDCC without the SDCC exclusive packaging (ala the black series new order trooper).
Tried e-mailing CS to see if there have been any set cancellations, fingers crossed I get a response.
fadeworks
fadeworks
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Please let us know what CS tells you, I also passed but wouldn't mind one now, anyone remember the Bamba 3aa price?
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:52 pm

Argentix wrote:All the Berties I could ever want! In the wrong scale...

Seriously, it destroys me. 3AGO is killing WWR. Evil or Very Mad
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:08 am

agreed Mad GO has killed alot of interest for me not just killing WWR. same old figs we have seen years and years ago in a new scale. good for new to threeA collectors but dead boring for many who have had all this before IMO. contributing to dwindling interest.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:34 am

Skipper11x wrote:Please let us know what CS tells you, I also passed but wouldn't mind one now, anyone remember the Bamba 3aa price?

I want to say it retailed on bamba for $160 so with discount about $136 maybe?? I only got the SDCC Zombot off bamba during that sale kinda kicking myself for not getting it as well.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:45 pm

I, and I'm sure many others, already have all the berties they want in 1/12. Zero interest in paying for 2" taller and loose joints.
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by fadeworks Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Skipper11x wrote:Please let us know what CS tells you, I also passed but wouldn't mind one now, anyone remember the Bamba 3aa price?
3AGO WWR    - Page 8 12112370_10207341596129866_5261654654851407953_n

Whether or not or not it's true however I couldn't tell you. Inquired on a few occasions about items that have gone from bamba - been informed there weren't any remaining and then seem them magically appear during 'warehouse sales'.
ZvR was what got me in to threeA, but the Warbot they offered up at SDCC was so far off what was shown in the comics it didn't make sense to buy the bamba one -
Now it seems to be a beautiful up scaled version of the 1/12th I'm gutted.

Last edited by fadeworks on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting)
fadeworks
fadeworks
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:56 pm

If the warbot is as shown on the photos I will be very happy as it has the Chinese word for 'war' on its tummy although a little too faint. 

Other than this warbot, the ghost face will be good to have.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Thanks for the update Fade, another example of why 3a would do better selling things from photos rather than sketches.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by fadeworks Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:58 pm

The thing is, they did sell from a photo - just a totally different photo!
If they'd shown a sketch at least it'd be more understandable when a different looking product shows up - being punished for not having blind faith that the delivered product will be completely different to the photo shown isn't a great feeling tbh.
fadeworks
fadeworks
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:17 am

Brings to mind the Mighty Squares, there were some major changes from the bamba photos, although the entire item was not pictured in some of the listed shots. Some folks were pretty frustrated about it, and it's understandable.
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:04 am

illproxy wrote:agreed Mad GO has killed alot of interest for me not just killing WWR. same old figs we have seen years and years ago in a new scale. good for new to threeA collectors but dead boring for many who have had all this before IMO. contributing to dwindling interest.

It just seems really hypocritical to me... a betrayal of Ash's artistic integrity. "Here at 3A, we never re-release old figures*!"

*Unless we make them in a slightly different scale with exactly the same paint apps and details.

Sure you don't 3A... Sure you don't...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:17 am

But isn't that the same as making the OG Berties in 1/6, just like many have been asking for years?

It seems to me that if we get 1/6 OG Berties everyone will be YAY! But since they're the awkward mid-scale, then everybody be hatin'.

I for one love 3AGO and their size allows me to integrate them with my existing 1/12 bots and I get a chance at owning the OGs I Missed for having arrived late.

There are still A LOT of us who haven't been around since day 1, but we still count. Maybe support from old timers dwindles but support from newer ones like me goes up.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by soulburn Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:55 am

I am pleased for the people who weren't there at the beginning and who get their second chance. But for me, I was excited to buy a bunch of these guys at 1/6th. But at the 8inch scale, I just don't see enough of a difference from my 1/12th scales. I may buy 1 or 2, like ghost hunter since I love that colorway so much. But 3A has missed out on a bunch of sales they could have gotten if they'd done the original 1/6th.

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:34 am

If I was new to 3a I'd be all over 3AGO with some great bots on the way and plenty more to come BUT I've been collecting for a good while now and have a pretty big collection in 1/6 and 1/12 so for me I just don't feel the need to start a whole new scale which would mean picking up some figures that I already have all over again just because they're slightly bigger/smaller than what I have. In an ideal world I would have loved it if 3a had only 1/6 and 3AGO but that's not the case so that's why I'm out.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:01 pm

I don't know why people keep bringing up this 'old timers' sentiment. I'm not disinterested in these because I've been around for a few years waiting for 1/6th versions. I'm disinterested in them because they're an inferior product compared to the paint, decal, sculpting, weight and overall presence that you would get with 1/6th versions. That's why I don't collect 1/12th in the first place.

I'm not saying that they don't have their place with collectors, obviously not everyone can afford a $200 masterpiece. But my question remains: What was so terrible about WWRp that 3A decided to make entirely new molds for figures that are only slightly, marginally, discreetly different than the existing ones? Were the old molds degrading with time? Did they get broken? Or is this, like I said a rather expensive means to bypass the 're-release' convention in an attempt to save some artistic integrity? Basically... I don't get it.
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:27 pm

Ash likes the 8" scale. That's really all it comes down to.
gregory
gregory
Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Argentix wrote:I don't know why people keep bringing up this 'old timers' sentiment. I'm not disinterested in these because I've been around for a few years waiting for 1/6th versions. I'm disinterested in them because they're an inferior product compared to the paint, decal, sculpting, weight and overall presence that you would get with 1/6th versions. That's why I don't collect 1/12th in the first place.

I'm not saying that they don't have their place with collectors, obviously not everyone can afford a $200 masterpiece. But my question remains: What was so terrible about WWRp that 3A decided to make entirely new molds for figures that are only slightly, marginally, discreetly different than the existing ones? Were the old molds degrading with time? Did they get broken? Or is this, like I said a rather expensive means to bypass the 're-release' convention in an attempt to save some artistic integrity? Basically... I don't get it.

You have some good points. Personally, i'll buy anything as long as the design and quality are good, i don't stick to one scale.

3AGO Berties have the advantage of blending in well with 1/12, at about the same size as a portable MK3, i see it as yet another Bertie model in the 1/12 scale. In fact, i've always thought 1/12 MK2s to be too small and flimsy (same goes with Dropcloths).

All of my bots are 1/12, i only have two 1/6 DCs, one Dirty Deeds soon to ship, and a bunch of squares. That's it. All other bots i own in 1/12 and am happy with them on design, size, heft, and paint.

I arrived late but not too late, as my first bots were Large Martins, Armstrongs and Heavy Brambles, all of which feature the most amazing paint i've seen on any robot figure. I have seen paint apps of 1/6 Martins and MK3s and they seem superior, but i can't afford those (yet).

Now... why this "old timer" sentiment? Because there seems to be a divide when it comes to 3AGO: most who hate (or don't like, or are indifferent to) them, are old timers who own OGs in 1/12, 1/6 or both, and have enjoyed the superior paint and craftsmanship of these figures since early days... I do not deny they are superior and we might never see this level of quality ever again (same goes with all other OG lines of 3A).

But i sense a lack of empathy towards newer people or those who like 3AGO or Pascha or even the Licensed stuff. I do get why some might feel Ash hates us while loving the Transformers and HALO crowd, etc, same as how some feel he loves Asia more than America/Europe based on the quantity and quality devoted to Asian events...

BUT... Legion is not about "us or them", "either or"... (or at least it should not be). It should be about people coming together and sharing / enjoying cool art and toys as long as they can and care to, and focusing on the positive (or at least trying to... i admit it's hard to focus on the positive when there are so many QC issues still rampant and delays and other crappy stuff, which is unacceptable especially considering the amounts of money we pay up front).

So it's kinda sad that most of the replies to this or any line, are in the line of "I already have this, i've been here since day one, give us something new instead of rehashs of what we already own". It's sad because 3A is not only about YOU, it's also about all the other people who are still coming, still discovering... and in the end (for better or for worse), it's about what Ash wants to make, whether or not you want/like it.

(even though he says a million times "you want it? support it!" but still follows a mysterious seemingly random logic when producing stuff)

I understand why most people will stick to one scale, for consistency, budget, or other reasons, all valid... yet there's also the other option, to just buy what you like regardless of scale. You may have a preference for all things JEA and Deep Powder (like i do) and buy them in any scale just because they're cool.

My 1/6 NOMs are too large for my 1/6 Harold, makes Harold look puny... but 1/12 and 3AGO fit him perfectly, and i can have Harold grab a human in each hand and it will look awesome, and truer to Ash's art depicting Harold.

The difference between 3AGO and 1/12 is not marginal, it's 2 inches. For a 6 inch figure, that is a lot... A 3AGO Bertie will look more powerful but not out of proportion next to a 1/12 human... Put a 1/12 Grunt next to a 3AGO Bertie and you'll see how cool it looks, and still within feasible proportion to each other.

And judging by the proto pics, paint seems to be kind of closer to the old glory of early days. Let's hope that production pieces are so as well.

Long rant over, thanks!

Smile
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:02 pm

It seems like there's a rift in ideologies concerning modern 3A: There's the: "You want it? Make your voice heard an we'll make it!" Way of thinking and the: "This is Ash's company - 3A makes what Ash wants!" Sentiment.

From my time with 3A, it seems like the former is much more commonly expressed these days. Back in 2012 it was pretty much all: "If you don't like what Ash makes you won't like 3A." But now it seems the company tries to be more flexible with customer demands versus artistic rigidity - and thus they have a much more diverse range of products because of that mindset.

So again, 3AGO is a bit of a odd decision when you think about it. It's basically the old 'Ash's way!' mentality in a time when ThreeA is (for the most part) straying away from that sort of thinking...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by fadeworks Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Think half the issue is that a) there isn't actually a whole lot of threeA's old guard left, and b) it seems to be the western audience (which is minor in comparison to the eastern) that's the most vocal about what they want. Ash has said a few times what actually sells is the TK's and Pasha's, there hasn't been enough demand to finish the Dirty Deeds, Harold didn't work out - feels like 3AGO is a compromise, more affordable than 1/6 but more scope for detail than 1/12.
fadeworks
fadeworks
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by soulburn Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:27 am

fadeworks wrote:Ash has said a few times what actually sells is the TK's and Pasha's, there hasn't been enough demand to finish the Dirty Deeds, Harold didn't work out - feels like 3AGO is a compromise, more affordable than 1/6 but more scope for detail than 1/12.

If that is all true, then its a shame that economics finally caught up with our favorite toy company Smile Its probably for the best, I have a huge 3a collection, so I'll just be content to add 5-6 new toys a year, probably couldn't have kept up anyways if they were going full steam as they did in the past with WWR. But it's still a shame.

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Any update on the 3ago square that people who bought the Wanka square were supposed to have access to?
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next