World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underverse Discussion

+29
LoneCub
Endzeit
zbrushman
zendeluxe
thumbtack82
dtrain
Artoo
Hogarth
<{OjO}>
gregory
Chivo
Joshimus
Knightjar
Beslee
x43x
Skipper11x
Firehazzard
deru_here
gcJAE
ennui
Wooly
3a_boltman
ZombieRepublican
BPP
UsedUniverse
LV-426
ESeffinga
gar
dr37
33 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Underverse Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Underverse Discussion

Post by <{OjO}> Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:56 pm

More goodness from the Underverse coming in 2020!Underverse Discussion - Page 2 Image15
Can't wait for details!
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:30 pm

Agreed.
Curious about how this will turn out.

Extra curious about the female body.
(Since Little Shadow is shown in the artwork)
Will she be towering over their male counterparts like the threeA 12" bodies or be pretty short like the 10" body.
Or end up somewhere in between.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:13 pm

Be great to see some new characters from the AK universe as well! Some of the ones we've been teased with over the years!
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:05 am

Bing? OK Boomer. Laughing
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:20 pm

seems worldofthreea.com went dark.

Underverse Discussion - Page 2 Screen34

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:15 am

And underwater.  Crying or Very sad  If you're on a pc.  Sucks 'cause now you can't look at the image catalog for reference. I guess we at least have the images from undervershg on IG, but kind of a hassle to sift through if you are looking for a specific image.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gcJAE Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:43 am

Hey all

I fear I may have had a hand in this, let me explain....

Last week I was admiring a photo from another forum member on Instagram, said forum member pointed out that it was still available on Wof3a.com. I visited and was amazed to see a ‘Purchase’ button for the figure in the catalogue. I clicked and paid, then less than 24 hours later the site was ‘Under Construction’ and I’d received an email from CS apologising that item fact wasn’t available and they would send me a refund (which I’ve now received).

I enjoyed visiting the site too, so if it was my doing in some way then I’m truly sorry!

RIP 😞

gcJAE
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:00 am

Nah, it wasn't your fault, gcJAE. It was bound to happen. From what I remember they said it cost money to keep up or maybe that was just Bambaland? Who knows. But I'm sure hopefully we get an Underverse site.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gcJAE Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:42 am

Thanks Chivo 😊

gcJAE
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Hey gcJAE, that was me on insta..... my bad bro, lol!!!

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gcJAE Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:36 pm

Hey deru_here 😃

I know, I was trying to keep your good name out of it!!!

gcJAE
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:35 am

its cool my dude, tho i din't expect for that issue to happen...

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Chivo wrote:Nah, it wasn't your fault, gcJAE.  It was bound to happen.  From what I remember they said it cost money to keep up or maybe that was just Bambaland?  Who knows.  But I'm sure hopefully we get an Underverse site.

Underverse.com is an active site

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Checking everyday for news

Can't wait for updates.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:59 am

Well shit, the one I want (when it goes on sale) is part of a set. Pass. Sad
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:20 am

gregory wrote:
Chivo wrote:Nah, it wasn't your fault, gcJAE.  It was bound to happen.  From what I remember they said it cost money to keep up or maybe that was just Bambaland?  Who knows.  But I'm sure hopefully we get an Underverse site.

Underverse.com is an active site  

Yeah, I'm an idiot.  It just doesn't feel active until I buy something from it. Wink I feel lackadaisical in following the site, I guess until activity picks up hopefully this coming year. COME ON, SHOW US THAT NEW JC!!!
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:17 am

I'm ready for that new JC too. Jus saying. Cool

/morning ramble (good coffee)

I wonder if there would be enough takers if they pitched an "Undernauts" membership to the 2020 Underverse offerings. Curious to see how everything gets rolled out as the new year gets closer.

I feel badly that I wasn't able to summon the funds for things that I was very vocal about wanting as 3A's last couple seasons were going on. Part of it was the fact that by the time those big ticket figures actually materialized, the money situation on my end was in a totally different place. But things like Warbot and the Deep Powder Bramble v2 were really offered in a way that pretty much left anyone who truly wanted one with no excuse. Very long purchase windows, great pricing, etc. I'm hoping to see some nice sales notice and long buying windows, maybe even installment offerings, from Underverse.
I really want to be there for more big bot action from WWR2, icons from AK and select Kings and Bots from Popbot. I think the key would definitely be not trying to cram too much for sale into the same month.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:06 am

Wooly wrote:I'm ready for that new JC too. Jus saying. Cool

/morning ramble (good coffee)

I wonder if there would be enough takers if they pitched an "Undernauts" membership to the 2020 Underverse offerings. Curious to see how everything gets rolled out as the new year gets closer.

I feel badly that I wasn't able to summon the funds for things that I was very vocal about wanting as 3A's last couple seasons were going on. Part of it was the fact that by the time those big ticket figures actually materialized, the money situation on my end was in a totally different place. But things like Warbot and the Deep Powder Bramble v2 were really offered in a way that pretty much left anyone who truly wanted one with no excuse. Very long purchase windows, great pricing, etc. I'm hoping to see some nice sales notice and long buying windows, maybe even installment offerings, from Underverse.
I really want to be there for more big bot action from WWR2, icons from AK and select Kings and Bots from Popbot. I think the key would definitely be not trying to cram too much for sale into the same month.

And a reasonable price.
I understand production costs are constantly increasing, same with shipping.
However, the difference between a US$ 200 or US$150 figure is exactly 1. Even if you really like the figure, you might only consider to get one if it costs US$200.
While it is much easier to consider an extra variant if they're US$150 a piece or, if it stayed in store for a bit longer and if it's offered even 3. *

The 15% 3AA discount helped so much to convince me to get an extra colorway and made it possible to get some insane releases.
(again thank you threeA)

I really hope the resurrection of JC means the return to the fun releases Adventure Kartel started with.
Great prices on basic figures with a good back story and insta-adventure out of the box.
(Not that I need a box for AK, a header card with an upside-down ziploc bag is fine with me)

* I mean, what the fuck! Why did threeA needed to sell a certain amount per colorway after 2017,
while in the past the total number of figures sold mattered? (I know why, but the question is rhetorical)
What's the fun in that?

Here you have the regular resurrected JC, a Mauro and a semi limited surprise drop Exegesis variant.
Oh wait, here is an extra über limited surprise drop version. He's pink, clean and has rainbow underpants.
Oh, and since we're ready to ship these JC's here is an extra release of 2 pre-made variants limited to 100 an undisclosed number of pieces each. (because why not)
Oh, and SDCC is around the corner... so, you know: resurrected JC makes an appearance as well in a special SDCC colorway.
That's what I want to see again.
That's fun.

And robots of course.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firehazzard Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:58 pm

Might be able to salvage some information from the old site using https://web.archive.org
Eg. https://web.archive.org/web/20190908054244/https://www.worldofthreea.com/
Firehazzard
Firehazzard
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:54 pm

I hated the limited/surprise drops. They almost always dropped surprises/limited/premades at times to suit HK timezone....
And before anyone jumps down my throat yes I do know where ThreeA is based but would it have been too much to ask for ThreeA to drop them throughout the HK timezone day!!! ThreeA used to drop them at 9am HK and then shut up shop for the day and then whatever was left over at 9am the next day.
But once I got over that and took a chill pill all was good, damn I miss all that stuff and the ThreeAA... now where did I leave my box of chill pills??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:34 am

I think most of us have gotten too old or tired of jumping through hoops.  All I'm looking for are figures that are interesting and unique.  Something that hasn't been done before or at least like it hasn't been done before.  So yeah, bring on the new JC and others so long as they're  new sculpts.  I would love to see bots done in a more anthropomorphic way.  In other words take the 1/6 scale human figure body and form the bot around that so that it would have better pose-ability and look more like some of Ash's paintings rather than having the blockiness that we've had in the past.  Perhaps a dropcloth could have ab crunch articulation for example.  I think it's possible considering how 3A made the AP Ankou EX's. It would also be cool to have butterfly articulation at the shoulder for the bots.  Here are some of the paintings that have inspired these ideas for me:

Underverse Discussion - Page 2 14610

Underverse Discussion - Page 2 5a56a710
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:42 am

Great choices on bot examples Chivo.

For me, I feel like the all too brief emergence of the Dropcloth 1.5u was really starting to hit on what 3A could achieve as Ash started to actually tweak the figure engineering while still maintaining that true WWR form. We only saw Peaceday, EMGY & Civic Defense... but the new design execution really started to hit on some of the best WWR pose-ability that was put out. The double elbow joints, slightly longer neck for more head tilt, toe joints, greater hip joint range, etc, all really gave you much more "life" for what was an already iconic but slightly stiff WWR OG bot. I totally here you though,...more of that!
Remember that "Mortis Bot" blurry that came out a while back? I think that was getting even closer to what you're talking about too.

And yeah GAR,...I loved the whole thought behind 3AA.
The offerings, the time when there was actually a focus on it, the neat "trust me" sketch sales that would sometimes come up only for 3AA, etc. I thought it was fun too.
Gone are the days where I can camp on my phone or PC for a shot at an unknown figure but I think even Ash made a step towards everyone over the last few years by offering "batches" of limited figures to different time zones. Anyhow, spicing it up with "chef's offerings" is always welcome fun, in my opinion.

Digging what you're both saying.  Depending on how it was structured, and definitely if it contained some discount that was feasible... or one free members-only figure each year, I'd be game for any kind of Underverse club that might come around. 2020 man..... wild.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:58 pm

First blog post from Ash is up

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:52 pm

I wonder if it's an 3AA "UV-Associates" 2020 pack in that blog post or just one of the planned releases?

Underverse Discussion - Page 2 Chrome10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:50 am

Scrutiny of the box says it is a Thank You Set
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down