World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May - 2010

Go down

May - 2010 Empty May - 2010

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:18 am

May 2010

Time flies at our beloved 3A board and it's already third month of spring - May and we are less than two month away from 3A Gathering in Beijing (which is going to take place on 25th of June at Beijing).

Let's bring on the sweet memories and remember what happened in April 2010.

First of all, April was a shipping month for: Dropcloth Peaceday and NW/DW/DIY Dropcloths and of course for long awaited WWRp 12 Dirty Deeds. All of them shipped out and making owners very happy (some are still in transit, but I'm sure will reach their destination next week).

What was sold in April?

We witnessed drop of WWRp Armstrong, 2000 AD Tharg sale and long awaited sale of 3xTQ and 3AA TQ Reimi.

A bit of info, about these sales:

WWRp Armstrong - surprise of the Night - 3pack was offered at the store, which included:
NIGHTWATCH 0G ARMSTRONG
DAYWATCH 1G ARMSTRONG
MARINE JEA 1G ARMSTRONG

May - 2010 Arm3p2.thMay - 2010 Arm3p2.th

First 2000 AD figure Tharg was on sale (if you missed him don't worry, slightly different version would be on sale soon)

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img88/9203/thargforsaler.jpg

Popbot: Tomorrow Queens sale - surprise of the night - 3AA TQ Reimi, comes with an actual bot head!

May - 2010 Reimi.thMay - 2010 Oday.thMay - 2010 Yumerry.thMay - 2010 Yubi.th

What will ship out in May? That's becoming certainly one of the most FAQs. I'll try to answer it right now: rest of WWR Dropcloths (featuring EMGY Dropcloths and 4pack) and AK: Tommy Mission in all his variants glory. I'll hold my fingers crossed for 3AA packages, which are going to ship soon according to threeA production blog, but we don't know the precise date yet. Please remember that shipping is a very delicate question and a subject to change. 3A always wants and always will ship figures, once they will be perfect, if they don't like the result (even if it's a tiny thing, nobody would notice), 3A still will fix it and will go for top notch quality. So if something is delayed, please be patient, because result is absolutely worth the wait.

Super rad detail, Peaceday Square which comes with EMGY Dropcloth is going to have it's own little box

May - 2010 Peacsquare.th

As each day brings us closer to 3A Gathering in Beijing, I must remind you about this thread, where everybody who is going (the number of people is constantly growing) living his data (arrival/departure and hotel) for easy contact between boardies and organizing some group trips and other fun activities.

And you know what? For a first time, we don't know what 3A Hatchery is cooking for us in May. It could be WWR Bertie MK3, which blurry shots we just saw:

May - 2010 Mk32.thMay - 2010 Mk32.thMay - 2010 Mk33.thMay - 2010 Mk34t.th

or any other release or perhaps even surprise release, but I love surprises and can't wait to know what is going to be next on our plate, as I'm always hungry for some 3A.

And please pay some attention to this:
Our moderator Sir Dirty Girty rewritten and updated my early version of 3A Frequently asked questions, check them out, there is a lots of answers and valuable info. Everybody knows how helpful our community is and that people here are always ready to answer on any type of 3A question, even if it was asked, like a thousand times before. But now please try to read FAQs first, if you would fail to find an answer on your question, then just shoot your question on the appropriate section of the board, we mods and all the 3A boardies will try our best to answer on your questions.

As you probably saw there is a new updates section on our board, where we will be writing about new releases and shipping dates of 3A products, shipping thread is going to be constantly updated with the newest data.

I hope you will not only have a great time here and fall in love with 3A spirit and collectibles, but find lots of friends and alike thinking people, with whom you can share everything.

P.S.
I see that each month my introduction to the new month and summarize grows bigger and bigger, do you want those as detailed as possible or you want me to be brief? Your feedback would be very appreciated.

Repeat of the last day of April news and updates

3AA Reimi TQ is gone from the store, but will be back soon:
"she will be back"

Ashley thanks for support and talks about the sale:
"not that many errant orders as most people who buy,are 3AA !"
"thanks guys, for support and whatnot !"

3AA exclusive TQ Reimi is back to the store and gone from the store. Follow the store site www.bambalandstore.com , best of luck to everyone who wants one. And if you are 3AA member and already got one, please don't be greedy and allow non-3AA members to buy this beauty, let's keep good spirit up in our community.

Classic blurry shots of WWR Bertie MK3?!

May - 2010 Mk34t.thMay - 2010 Mk33.thMay - 2010 Mk32.thMay - 2010 Mk32.th

And it is!
"MK3 just some production shots from old."

To give new members some idea and remind to old ones here are couple of old Ashley's quotes about Bertie MK3:
"MK3 is the biggest , another half tall, armor plates etc ( has to , at its size its an easy target ), comes in many variations.."
"MK2 is the smallest of all berties, more of a heavy soldier classification, MK3 is the biggest, twice the height of MK2, the heavy gunner/hitter of the berties group, see that that old popbot image of the street scene with bertie walking with jeeps etc for idea."
"MK 3 will be 12" in WWRp
the MK2 run with soldiers, well walk briskly, MK3 are heavy support, offensive bots, slowish, but can carry heavy firepower."
"Bertie MK3 is in production, two versions, single arm/auto cannon, two arm etc."
"Old MK3 just falls hort of 20" by a whisker !"
"two versions, suppression and standard"
"the paintings an the toys are very different.
but MK3 is my fav bertie so far, cool proportions etc
one of its guns is nealy 20"long !"

An image Ashley talks about in the quotes above:

May - 2010 42615220.th

And just to be clear, we know that first we will see MK3 Bertie in 1/6th scale (WWR) and only then in 1/12th scale (WWRp).

Ashley commenting the looks of 3AA TQ Reimi bot head (which will come with the figure):
"bot head is like the one in the Reimi image."

Posting sneak pic of Popbot: Badbot (which is going to be available in Beijing and online at Bambalandstore) and giving some info about kitty:

May - 2010 Badbot1.th

"kitty has no tie, as he losing it now, plus im bored of the look, plus he dont move, never looked good..
here is a badbot sneaky pic"

We will see Kitty with Popbot and all tubes on Popbot&Badbot (as they both have them) are poseable:
"there is a kitty, it comes with popbot."
"tubes are pose-able"

3xTQs are still for sale at www.bambalandstore.com , don't know how long will they stay there, but if you want them, I suggest to make your move and don't sit on the fence.

Ashley about next Adventure Kartel figure: JC
"I have a great scene in the AK comic where JC and Tommy are facing a horde of boiler zombs in a back alley/derelict street etc, its a cold night, lighlty snowing, JC is standing basically in shorts and nothing else, Tommy cocks his head and asks " Man, you must be cold? ", JC just smiles and casually says " The son of god is never cold. " Tommy replies, " no, I guess he wouldnt be..."
Giant brawl ensues...
thats JC !"

Repeat of the last day of April news and updates (part 2)

What we know so far? 3xTQ packs are still for sale at www.bambalandstore.com and it's very possible that in three hours from now, they would be removed from the store. F5 Bar is still open, but it's going to be closed right after TQ will left the store. The most popular question: Are the 3AA TQs Reimi sold out? Usually Ashley gives us some signs whether it's sold out or not..currently he haven't said anything. Surprise of the night: 3AA TQ Reimi comes with a bot head. Isn't that a good surprise? Totally makes up for lack of her photos.

30.04-01.05

Ashley commenting on why Tomorrow Queens sales are lasting so long:
"unpaid Cody.. and multi orders"
"same with 3 pack.. grrr"

Something awesome from threeA production blog, AK Tommy Mission and friends:

May - 2010 54469249.th

Ashley about Tommy Mission shipping (in May!) and about the photo above:
"may is the month for tommy, thats what Im told."
"no those are not from any set set offered"

Looks like our beloved Tomorrow Queens are removed from Bambalandstore (we can't be sure that they sold out, as there wasn't official confirmation). Even if there will be more tonight, I suppose it would be really limited quantities. No need to keep F5 bar open..
Thank you again for release night full of fun and congrats on getting Tomorrow Queens. It was extremely good to see how our legion members helping each other and not leaving anyone behind. We rock! Thanks to Ash&Kim for another release of rad toys, I love how threeA manages to keep inner child inside us all, always alive and happy. See ya soon in our bar, bar is saying goodbye but will open it's doors sooner than you think.

Ashley confirms that the photo shown above (with Tommy, Zombot and Boiler Zomb MZ) feature figures from Beijing 4pack and we still don't know who is going to be 4th figure of this set. A bit of details about Black Zombot and White Zomb (MZ)
"i like the original best, as thats Tommy mission, but peeps will like what they like.
plus these are very , limited as they are beijing sets, not gonna be a concern for most..
but yea, white zomb..... awesome"
"happy, hope so, probably jet lagged !
the black zombot is a gift from the Shadow family to Tommy, after his father goes missing etc. Tommy hates it, and never lets it ride shotgun.
The white Zomb is a Missionary Zomb ( MZ ), basically roams converting people to Zomb, or killing them."

Ashley posting in his art thread:
"faking is the new norm, computers make it sooo fucking easy to make a cool pic, i could shit out 10 a day if I was using comps, but even though the images are cool, for me, I get no tactile feedback, or joy, no danger, no restrictions, anything can be fixed , adjusted, re-arranged with impunity.
BUT, as 99% of viewers dont care, nor should they, how an image is created, it doesnt matter. I still have people thinking I use painter for my work etc. they dont think that I have toiled for weeks, months on a painting......sniff"

Ashley answering about retail for 2000 AD Tharg:
"nope, no tharg till later on, when other figs are released.."

Ashley about art, answering about more entries in his and Jeremy Geddes blog and suggesting artist for us to broad our horizons and to check them out this Sunday:
"i start with no idea, sketch or prelim, I have no set pattern or course, sometimes ill start then search for ref, or take photos, sometimes ill wing. I dont subscribe to any one tactic, or technique.
i say this often, and i'll say it again
DO IT YOURWAY, WHICH MEAN< HOWEVER YOU WANT, WITH WHAT YOU WANT, USING WHATEVER MEANS POSSIBLE. DO NOT BELIEVE IN FALS IDOLS OR IDEAS, OR DO< IF IT MAKE YOU HAPPY. FUCK ANYONE WHO DOESNT AGREE, RISE.
lets end this thread now, time to start a fresh ash art thread, with beijing and fuck it coming up, or maybe not an ash thread at all, as to be honest its kinda weird"
"ok lets discuss stuff art, books and stuff it happens, no BS. all we can can discuss prints like in jeremys thread"
"Dean Cornwell
N C Wyeth
study them, they will offer more than most. My Sunday art gift to you !"
"no time gimby, I would rather make then talk, and when time is tight, things will go by the wayside
we will update soon as we can"

No WWR Bertie MK3 this month..question remains open, about this month releases:
"its a while to MK3, not may or june"

Ashley annoucing Chunky Bits book:
"gonna release a book at beijing, CHUNKY BITS, a 12" square 64 page hardcover featuring some classic cuts up till now
and some new.. ill make it available after the show, dont know how or cost, but I will"
"dont worry, you will have a chance to get it if ya want !"
"pop a nurrie
i think ill put it on the ipad too !"
"your just a whore
but yea, books are better, BUT they cost more as less things are printed now, so costs rise to cover the printers cost of staying open
case in point, 3A packaging has nearly risen 50% from this time last year. that is killing us the most"
"WTG is a Derek ?"
"lulu is free to use sail...
just as good as any other digital printer"

Ashley about printing costs, packaging and how he wants to do things:
"all printing costs have gone up, books, packaging, web press is still pretty cheap ( most comics are web press normally, that was cheap paper feel, feed off a giant toilet roll etc. I prefer and normally only sheet-fed systems ! )
Im just trying to make toys how I want them, getting a poster is nice etc. The sticker box wasnt that cheap, each stickers cost quite a bit, plus custom sized box. It was just a easy, and cool way to make the packaging. plus when your only selling 50 figures, its not realistic to print up boxes."

"pink robots !
im truly destined for halls of fine art history !"

Ashley answering about criticism and confirms existence of WWRp scale Dropcloth:
"bottom line
I dont take into account any dislikes or criticism about my art, and these toys fall under my art.
really thats it, this is my house, you dont go into someones house and say they suck, or their taste is ass, you just would not go, right, why bother."
"imagine if someone came up and said, man, your hair sucks, your tshirt is lame.. you would either.
A: walk away, thinking what a dick
B: punch him in the face
C: not even hear it, just more static ~
D: punch him n the face"
"3A is my haircut and tshirt."
"good choice"
"cracks knuckles"

"they are cool !"
"no hint, we have em !
dont know when we will sell though, need to cover all big ones first !"
- about WWRp Dropcloths

WWRp Blanc de Plume (sold out as exclusive to 3x3 WWRp Large Martin pack)

May - 2010 Blancalphaback.thMay - 2010 Blancalpha.th

Ashley answering on a question, how weathered Tomorrow Queens are going to be:
"pudding boss wasnt weathered !
all TQs up till now have had no weathering
YUmiko has slight weathering, very slight.
white and black tq are free of weathering, coz they like to wash.....each other !"

Hatchery Tomorrow King:

May - 2010 Today1.thMay - 2010 Tkhsh.th

Ashley about photos above:
"now this is weathered"
"no, thats a TK head, Reimis is smaller, like the pic !"
"hatchery guard TK, the CLEAVER !"
"hatchery = 3A, no yellow"

Posting about AK: Fighting JC, saying that he isn't forth figure in Adventure Kartel's Beijing 4pack:
"he isnt
BUT HE IS SO COOL, INPSIRED FIG, DIVINE EVEN !
I cant wait to show him..really"

WWRp de Plumes, next to their bigger 1/6th scale brothers:

May - 2010 Miniplume2.thMay - 2010 Miniplumel.th

Ashley about WWRp de Plumes (and don't worry, they will have prints on t-shirts):
"hoses are more flexy than big ones..
they also dont have the printing on shirts etc"
"chasm that was in reference to these photos, of course they will have it"

(previous news&updates for this date are above)

Dropcloths 4pack packaging:

May - 2010 60303072.thMay - 2010 60383973.thMay - 2010 43465022.th

Ashley confirms that Dropcoth 4pack packaging, comes with the slip (to put boxes inside):
"yes it does have a slip, gotta keep some stuff a mystery"

May is going to be a month of Popbot! Here is a lot of news and prices about this sale, what a great news to wake up to!
"28th May
Popbot, Badbot, The Ascended"
"3AA two pack, day one pop and OYABUN TK"
"beijing is different, extra stuff.. BUT I couldnt restrict the badbot to 50 or so units ..too fucking cool"
"150 usd per pop includes a cuntish cat AND SHIPPING IS FREE !
oh yea, best robot fig so far..."
"3AA costs 220
FUCKING EL WHAT A DEAL !
3A GONE MADDDD"
"no OYA isnt baka, baka is not would never be a OYA"
- explaining that Oyabun isn't a new TK Baka
"they all are, this is my baby, the character that prompted me to move away from marvel, dc etc..
its such a cool fig, really nice, and fun.."
"oh yea, yes there is a three pack, which is the only way to get the Ascended popbot, which is white... ohhhh"
"if i wasnt going crazy from stress and having no down time... yea its awesome, cant ask for more !"
"still have not figured out price for threepack, need to know shipping cost"
"but yea, pretty simple
two singles, one twopack, one threepack"

"ash clones, nope, please, I have self respect !"

A bit more concrete and summarized sale info:
"im cool, count on the ash !
here it is the sale infi, early so you guys can figure your shit out
popbot standard ( classic pop etc ) 150usd
badbot standard ( black one eye etc ) 150usd
3AA set Day One Pop and Shōwa Tk 220usd
the UNDERVERSE 3 PACK Pobbot standard, black bot standard and The ASCENDED popbot, whitish etc..
as seen in book 9.. which should have been out by now, but I said... fuck it, ill take my time"
"360 for 3pack"

"yup, Ill probably make the cats different.. coz I can" - answering that two singles in the 3pack are similar to the Popbot and Badbot standard figs
"probably, we shall see" - answering, whether there is a chance that unpaid 3AA pack orders, would be offered for general sale
"everything we do is rather limited, really, we dont make much of anything !
and yes, there is a cutoff !"

1:1 Large Martin for sale in Beijing (no price announced yet) and early shots of 1:1 Squares, which are all reserved by Ashley or lucky owners

May - 2010 Lmgun.thMay - 2010 Squaresmarch.th

Ashley commenting on the photos above:
"an older shot of 1:1 squares"
"chap looks like he is about to get a blowjob !"

Adventure Kartel "Fighting JC" body:

May - 2010 Jcft.th

Latest entry from Ashley's art blog:
May - 2010 Dawnl.th
I like the small version so much, I have started to make it large size, over 6 feet

Ashley commenting in his art thread:
"crystal now
glad it made you take a moment to think about it, win for me"
"everything I do has a story El Foxo, narrative is essential , or i cant be arsed."

So, let's summarize what we know about Popbot sale in May. When it's going to happen? 28th of May, most likely 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com

What will be on sale? Two singles, 3AA 2pack and one 3pack.

All prices include worldwide shipping:

Singles:
Popbot standard ( classic pop etc ): 150usd
Badbot standard ( black one eye etc ): 150usd
both include cuntish cat

3AA 2PACK:
Day one pop and Shōwa TK : 220usd

The UNDERVERSE 3PACK:
Popbot standard
Badbot standard
The ASCENDED Popbot (whitish etc): 360usd
(Popbot and Badbot are similar to the singles)

Ashley about Popbot:
"there isnt any relation between the two" - as there is no relation between Oyabun TK, which comes in 3AA 2pack and Beijing Hatchery TK shown in the photos above

May - 2010 Pbalpha2.th

"very articulated !paul WOOOTINIIIIIIII !"

Commenting on early WWRp de Plume photos (which can be seen in this thread above or in 3A production blog), that they will have helmet straps and everything else, which is present on their bigger brothers:
"yes they do, those are paint tests, nothing more, they are missing little bits and pieces, such as straps, they will have them !"

Ashley confirms that some 1:1 Squares would be for sale in Beijing:
"we shall see !
we have some for sale at beijing too, not all are sold !"

Ashley confirms that AK: Fighting JC will have more tattoos on his body:
"he has other tats too"

Answering whether tubes on Popbot were inspired by Alien movie and commenting on Paul's plans buying 3pack of Popbot and 3AA 2pack:
"tubes, it made sense, no ?
those wheeny little milk sausages from aliens didnt inspire nothing in me... ,loved the marines, loved the auto cannons from the directors cut, couldnt stand Newt, ripley etc.. dropship was cool too.."
"you have the pop universe in your hand then Paul."

Ashley gives a go to NW Beetle:
"go for it ~"

About Fighting JC:
"head sculpt is so on point, epic, and stupid all in the same breath !"

WWRp retail Berties, are going to be soon at retail, according to 3A production blog, here are few pics of the singles:

May - 2010 Ret2s.thMay - 2010 Ret1.th

3A board is known that there is always a place to show what you capable of you can always count on support and constructive criticism. Please check out April sketch thread (month theme: Space) and April photo thread for cool entries, as they are now closed for reviewing and if you feel that you want to participate: May sketch thread (month theme: Lifedrawing) and May photo thread are opened for you and waiting for your entries.

Retailers exclusive WWRp MK2 Berties are: Sandcrab, Ghost Hunter, and EMGY. Plus here is a small explanation from Ashley about exclusive Berties nature, these three exclusive Berties weren't offered at Bambalandstore and will be only at selected retailers, who supported threeA:
"exclusives, they all are !"
"just for the mis-informed or late comers
the exclusives are 3 Berties you could not buy, they were given to retailers who really supported the push against Mars !
sandcrab, ghost hunter, and EMGY if memory serves was the final loadout.."

Ashley explaining limited nature of three WWRp MK2 Berties (Sandcrab, Ghost Hunter and EMGY), which are exclusive to retailers and why they don't come with matching Squares, like other single Berties:
"very limited , we are sending a set amount to each retailer that qualified, there are not that many at all, no need to convince anyone,they would rank as some of the rarest berties."
"there are no squares with em either... on no, better not buy em !
they are special and cool berties that will never be seen in any form again.
ghost hunter is the two eye bertie , not sandy... "
"squares are not what your getting for anyhow , these are our thanks to retailers!"

Ashley commenting in Future 3A posters thread:
"canvas prints.... not for me"

And this link, might be useful if you want to check out previous 3A retailers. Feel free to add comments there, if you know about 3A retailer with the webshop, who isn't included there.

Answering about typos, which can be seen on outer shipping boxes of some 3A products:
"the outer boxes are done in china, i have nothing to do with those, wish I did !
that code on the retail wasnt a goof.
dropclot... really, AWESOME! 3A is indeed the greatest !"

Beijing Exclusive - Two eye Badbot! Love his weathering and huge guns. He gives us some idea how awesome looking one eyed Badbot would be, which is going to be available at 28th of May, together with Popbot and some awesome packs (3AA 2pack and 3pack for general audience) at www.bambalandstore.com

May - 2010 Bbez.th

Ashley makes a confession about his number one bot and it's Popbot:
"I dont like to say I have preferred bot, but Pop is still my number one, I love the world he lives in, and this fig really nails it for me !"

Ashley about Beijing Badbot differences and gives some info about Badbot origins:
"beijing BB might have some holsters, different box etc..
Badbot and Pop are very similar, Badbot was born from the first shadow cast by Popbot , now thats rare info, i have never imparted.
Champagne to the normal address.."

Second 3A toys anniversary will be on June 24th/25th, as it would be two years since Nom de Plume glorious release. Ashley answering whether there are any plans for this years anniversary (one year anniversary was marked with an open release of DIY Bambaboss):
"beijing is a fitting 2nd birthday !
i dunno, maybe, we shall see !!! let me think..."

Check out this old poster from 2008:

May - 2010 Ad5n.th

You never had a chance to read whole Popbot or you are lost? Click here for Pitu's guide on the Popbot Universe (but I must warn you that this thread is with spoilers).

1:1 Square (Beijing exclusive):

May - 2010 11s.th

Ashley answering, who is going to paint 1:1 Squares for Beijing:
"Lok paints the master version, our skilled artisans paint the toys !"

3AA package ships out this month:
"did I mention, its ships this month !
as many other things are.."

About possibility of making more 3A merchandise:
"we would probably do more, but apparel is always a pain for us, never an easy road, always some BS etc..
patches might be cool..."

Ashley answering whether such a big things, like Square 1:1 and monstrous Large Martin 1:1 are done outside 3A hatchery:
"all in house Paul, we are the hatchery kings!"

May - 2010 Entreatteaser.th

New magazine ENTREAT, info from 3A production blog:
Launch at Gathering Beijing
And Welcome to Brent Ashe, old friend , and top class designer to 3A !

Ashley speaking about ENTREAT magazine and answering about sales:
"it represents the start of 3A, the first step towards our future.
Its also a great way to welcome Brent Ashe to 3A, he will be a major force with us. For me to share my sandpit with another requires them to be not only a gifted designer but a brother as well. Brent is both !"
"yea, sail, the 20 people in beijing wont pay for the print run.
it will be on bambaland, maybe before beijing !"

A bit more info about ENTREAT magazine:
"first, its a one off, ENTREAT, can only be done once!"

Two years since 3A released it's first toy (Nom de Plume) are approaching fast! Last year, we had a special release on one year anniversary - DIY Bambaboss, it was a 24 hours open release. How this years anniversary would be celebrated? Here is a teaser pic:

May - 2010 Mab2low.th

Our board member, 3A fan and supporter and 3A retailer: breakersrevenge statement about WWRp MK2 exclusive to retailers (three version) Berties:
"WWRp Bertie news..OSB will be getting
VERY VERY LIMITED numbers of the retail exclusives from threeA. What?s the price you may all ask?? Well this is the bombshell for you,
because the way OSB are, we are not in this game for the money, OSB are in it for the passion and love for what our small team here do.
Because our commitment to threeA, Ash and Kim has given OSB the Exclusive Berties for free, Yes for free!!
That means I will be selling them for free also, the OSB price is ?0.00!!
We will put up onto our site on a predetermined time and if you score one, all you pay is for postage and packing."
his store: http://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/
3A once again shows that it's a special company, with special attitude to fans and designated retailers.

Ashley talking about this:
"ha, nice one breaker, thats the shit!
I was wondering which retailers was gonna say they were free to retailers, your a gentleman !"

"I do lots of stuff I dont show, landscapes, pokemon etc."

Commenting on 3A collection of our young board member:
"the green square and container bertie is awesome.. cool room... wish I had a room like that as a young lad !"

Photos of exclusive to retailers Berties: EMGY, Sandcrab and Ghost Hunter:

May - 2010 Bert3h.thMay - 2010 Bert2r.thMay - 2010 Berte.th

Some Tommy Mission shipping boxes, as we know there are going to be six different boxes: Regular, Tracky Tommy, Blood Nails (exclusive to one retailer), Korma (Darklands set), Atrocity set and mysterious Ghost.

May - 2010 Tommybox3.thMay - 2010 Tommybox2.thMay - 2010 Tommybox1.th

[s]Orangey Badbot[/s] Day one Pop:

May - 2010 Orangy.th

Ashley about Popbot sale timer at www.threeaonline.com/blog, which is set to 28th of May, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time (as always):
"i think its an app error, should be 9-00am my time, hong kong time"

Answering when he is going to be in Beijing:
"dunno yet"

Posting in one particular thread (click the link bellow if you are interested):
"painter handles .PSD files dude
stop using painter 1.0"

Frank Frazetta passed away, R.I.P, if you want to express what you felt or just talk about this great artist, click this link.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

May - 2010 Empty Re: May - 2010

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:20 am

previous news for this date are above

Detail information from our board member and 3A retailer breakersrevenge about upcoming sale of WWRp Exclusive to retailers Berties, can be found at his Facebook page.

Repainted and customized Bertie, by our 3A board member: PRIMER , more Berties can be found in this thread.

May - 2010 4561324114a8f85a745bb.thMay - 2010 456109900103d0819261b.th

Ashley about Orange Popbot photo, that caused a lot of confusion:
"thats the day one Popbot, ORANGE AND CLEAN, I love it,
Standard Popbot is a dirty weathered orange with two eyes and hook arm
Badbot is black, like he always is, with one eye
Beijing Badbot has two eyes, and some other shit, coz he is a beijing exclusive"

And to remind you again, what is going to be on sale at 28th of May 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com

Singles:
both include cuntish cat

3AA 2PACK:
Day one Pop and Shōwa TK : 220usd <- now we know that Day one Pop is Orange Popbot from the photos above

The UNDERVERSE 3PACK:
Popbot standard
Badbot standard
(Popbot and Badbot are similar to the singles)

Explaining decals on retailer exclusive EMGY Bertie:
"Gar...it says: LOOK THE OTHER WAY"

Another small bit of info about Day one Popbot:
"The clean Pop is actually really cool, just like the day he was created.. of course 4.3 seconds later he was in battle and getting dirty.. but hey, it was a grand 4.3 seconds as they say."

Ashley considering future 3A posters for 3A Gathering at Beijing:
"re beijing posters ,maybe, time is the issue, limited hands and time and all that. im sure there will be some though, at the show etc. Maybe some online."

Click the links to see best entries named in April photo thread and April sketch thread. My sincere congrats to Siona (April photo thread) and to expathos, BRiZL and Sail (April sketch thread). Everyone else did great in those threads as well, each month I'm following with pleasure these threads and seeing how many talented people we have on our 3A board fills my heart with joy.

In the same time, please don't avoid this month threads:
May photo thread and May sketch thread (month theme - lifedrawing).

Ashley answering on Pitu's question, who created Day one Popbot (as in Popbot comic universe):
"who created him, and from what, well not today PITULACkER, that info is for later on."

Ten of Swords

May - 2010 10swords.th

For a exhibition that Carl Wyckaert is putting on ! The details..well elude me, but Im sure someone will update me. I know it has many great artists involved !!!
The big flashy thing on the panting is glare, so dont get to excited..

Two more WWRp scale de Plume cards, so now we saw all five: Nom, Blanc, Gebi, DIY and Noir cards. How to buy them, you might ask? Nom de Plume was a part of 3AA package, sold in January 2010. Blanc de Plume was exclusive to 3x3 WWRp Large Martin pack. Noir de Plume is going to be available at 3A Gathering in Beijing. As for DIY and Gebi, we don't know yet...and we have a small mystery, considering last - sixth de Plume - Jung de Plume, we haven't heard whether he will make it to WWRp scale or not.

May - 2010 Cards2.th

Ashley commenting in WWRp DIY de Plume thread:
"the DIY de plume WWRp has his own thread..damn
who has the nads to throw away Ebay fortunes by opening and painting it up..."

Commenting in his art thread:
"you meant goya right Anub..
A free art save for Anub. coz I love my Eagles so much !!!!"

Ashley about 2000AD first figure Tharg, he shipping out soon and retailers will get same Tharg, but with slightly different logo. So anyone who missed a chance to buy Tharg, will have one.
"re THARG RETAIL, soon as we start shipping the Retro Tharg logo, we will offer retailers a different logo Tharg, so yea, if ya want one, bug your fav retailer I guess !"

Giving some information about latest painting at his art blog (shown or above) or just click the link:
"its a Tarot card, re-imagined I guess, for a show n Beigium, not much else to say, I really dig it. But hey, I would"

The wait is killing me, it's still 15 days and 4 hours, before Popbot and Badbot go on sale at www.bambalandstore.com !

Ashley denies that he has some additional information about retailers, who are carrying three exclusive WWRp Berties MK2:
"your feeling betray you then. No speculation here, there is nothing to add. really !"

Making joke about his "Fuck It" magazine:
"sounds like a viagra scam chaps , I wouldnt order anything called fuckit #1.. must be a knockoff or sumin."

More info about "Ten of Swords" painting:
"waaay better in person, the glaze is all lost ! nearly 40 inches tall, really has an impact in person ! not a pretty painting so most will ignore it I think, but I rank it as an important piece by me !"
"creeps are good, I kinda dislike the limp wristed, new-agey tarot that seem to abound. in my tarot deck every card can spell doom, or death and not much else. but alas I pretty sure ill never have time to do them all !"

Ashley posting in his art thread and mentions 1:1 Squares:
"i can make it drip, or not.. I like them, or I would avoid em. Scott has not had anything from me in 18months."
"those Squares are gonna be loved, they really are my brillo boxes..
should have charged more..... bugger"

Commenting Bramble collection thread:
"how did you get 4 sketched IDW boxes ?"
"it sucks that people sell them, wanting a sketch just to sell it later.."
"if they make you happy awesome !"
"

Remember ENTREAT Magazine, which is going to be released in Beijing? Here is fresh photo from 3A blog and Ashley commenting about it.
"thick and very cool..."

May - 2010 Entreatcover.th

Back in the day our board member Nikejerk made by himself (with help of his lady) limited run of 3A Legionnaires t-shirt, design was confirmed by Ashley and t-shirt were amazing, they even came with small cards (with print run number and 3A legion logo)! This year he promised to make another run, with slightly different design and waited for an approval from Ashley:
Ash approved the design today. I'm so psyched!
Just gotta nail down a few more details and this shit is a go.
I'd say be on the look out for a new thread with a sign up in the next few days.

I suggest to follow this thread and wait for new thread to pop up in this section. Nikejerk can't make lots of t-shirt, so pre-orders procedure will be on first come, first serve basis.
Here are two photos from first run to give you some idea, but keep in mind that only two t-shirts were made with blood stains, all the regular t-shirts were without blood on them. We couldn't chose colors, just chose style of neck and short/long sleeve option. I'm sure Nikejerk soon will show us new design and how t-shirt might look like.

May - 2010 334957626162d0b1554fo.thMay - 2010 3350409688df5f710af3o.th

Ashley talking about mini Squares:
"I want to make a 50 mini square set one day, why, just because an idea of 50 Squares in a box seems rather dandy !"

Commenting in his art thread about style:
"as I go along, this style is becoming my natural one, straight outta da box. Which is cool, of course there is a struggle between this and what I would like to be, but they are slowly becoming pals, like two dogs sniffing each others ass.. better than biting one another..."

About upcoming 2000 AD toys (who is going to be next and etc):
"rogue is after mongrol, then female and male judges, then mean, then alpha, more abc, then !"

Another photo of retail exclusive WWRp MK2 EMGY Bertie:

May - 2010 Emgy.th

Sometimes

May - 2010 Tklast.thMay - 2010 Tklastcloseup.th

Its the quick, loose, without any thought paintings that become my favorites, like this one. With added crappy close up to see paint etc.

Ashley about Beijing exclusive 1:1 Square availability:
"they are pretty much all gone.... bummer, should have made a brillo square.
1:1 martin will be living in my garden for years to come.."

Two Brillo Square are going to be made and shown in Beijing:
"im making two brillo squares mpw, see em beijing.. great when you own the company !"
"like the warhol brillo boxes, as a nod to great chap !"

"already 3a colors, thanks andy !" - commenting on our board member pic of brillo boxes

Posting in his art thread, about his latest painting in the blog (seen above) and story of new Tomorrow King figure creation happened right in front our eyes (still no 100% guarantee, that it's going to be made, but when Ashley says, I'll see what I can do....!!!!):
"style = honest"
"I mean honest, no BS, not wanking around.. but thats just me, i love many painters that wank silly !"
"the archer is 最後の父, with 最終出身"
"last father , final born"
"you want the final TK story ?, and they thought they would last forever, like the first kiss."
"i never thought about a toy, just a little story in my head, the final grown TK on the run with the last born. tragic and cool.Ill see what I can do"

Back in the day we gathered funds and bought Kaneda's bikes from Akira, for Ashley and Kim, here is Ashley saying thanks and talking why he haven't posted photos of the bikes:
"we will... no time boohoo
best part of the bikes, is that you guys did what you did !!!!"
"love em, bikes are amazing, really well made.."

Remember I mentioned, that you need to keep an eye on ThreeApparel section, that our board member Nikejerk is going to drop new legionnaires t-shirt sign up, here is the thread and t-shirt design:

May - 2010 4604983467955724bfecb.th

http://3atoys.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=3526&start=1

And according to Nikejerk, there will be some more spots added to compensate for people who were sleeping, as our board members are living all over the globe!

Nikejerk's t-shirt sign up list is closed, with 160 members in it! Please read his first post in the thread, with new instructions added, if you made it to the list. Please read carefully and follow all the mentioned steps and provide all the necessary info! And don't forget to thanks Nikejerk and Sir Dirty Girty (who is coordinating everything), for doing this hard work!

Ashley commenting in his art thread, that he is going to make limited edition of "Chunky Bits"*:
"coz of a baby, your weird sam... weird
Im going to do a limited edition version of Chunky Bits, 100 of em, comes with a drawing for 100 bucks, drawing is loose from the book.
will be released in stages etc, as I draw em. just an FYI"

*And if you don't remember what is "Chunky Bits", it's going to be a book released in Beijing:
"gonna release a book at Beijing, CHUNKY BITS, a 12" square 64 page hardcover featuring some classic cuts up till now
and some new.. ill make it available after the show, dont know how or cost, but I will"

New entry at Ashley's art blog, click here to see it. And here is another pic of his beautiful "Ten of swords" painting for the tarot show.

May - 2010 10blog.th

WWR Dropcloth and AK: Tommy Mission shipping confirmation:
"shipping this month, a dropcloth from bamba are done in MAY, dont forget all Tommys from Bamba ship this month too. its too hard to set day, but not long."

Posting in Dropcloth photo thread:
"yea, we make the best toys...."

Commenting amazing photos done by our boardies in Men from Nom photo thread:
"i really enjoy seeing what you guys do with the figs, always cool, and beyond what I can think of!"

Ashley gives more information about 280 pages of "ENTREAT" magazine, his art book "Chunky bits" and answering whether 3A official magazine "Venture" will see the light (looks like all is going to be shown in Beijing at 3A Gathering):
"nice to pay for the book !
12"x12" books ant cheap in small numbers... so im sweating it ~
its awesome though, I think ill do another CHUNKY BITS soon as I can"
"you do, its art book, good luck charm, and make a good pair of wings when un-folded."
"venture will be an ongoing mag/catalogue
Entreat is a introduction, 2nd year celebration, and cool way to show our shit. 280 pages of it !"

Commenting about retail exclusive WWRp MK2 Sandcrab (aka Sandy fuck) Bertie:
"sandy fuck... oh but what a fuck !
only those who grew up next to the ocean need apply !"

Answering whether 2000AD robots will be made:
"it all depends on support, these robots are damn expensive to make."

Please don't listen to people, who are pretending that they know secrets about exclusive retail Berties availability (as most likely they just don't) and if retailers are getting them, they got informed and know well about this.
"whats the issue, stores that ordered a certain amount of cartons got them as gifts for support.
If a store is getting them, they would know."

Ashley about "Fuck it" holding fans attention until "Chunky Bits" will be released:
"im sure fuck it will.. very different beasts though, equally as cool"
"well buy it on bambaland, plus your never poor in the 3A legion !" - answering to a board members, who says that he is to poor for Beijing, but still wants to buy "Chunky Bits"

Ashley confirming that all retail Men from N.O.M shipped out from Hong-Kong:
"all retailer stuff has been sent out to my knowledge"

Day one Popbot photo from "ENTREAT" magazine, he is going to be offered for sale on 28th of May 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time, as a part of 3AA 2pack with Shōwa TK, for 220 USD:

May - 2010 Entr3atpopcoverversion.th

Some Fuck IT pages, from Ashley's blog, more could be seen here. This amazing art book is going to be up for sale this month (if not available in many places right now).

May - 2010 Photo192l.thMay - 2010 Photo193m.thMay - 2010 Photo194.thMay - 2010 Photo195l.thMay - 2010 Photo198y.thMay - 2010 Photo197.th

Ashley a bit surprised by some retailers pricing policy:
"nYC berties costing more than retail, really ?"

About Adventure Kartel: Darklands (limited to 100) and mysterious Atrocity exhibition sets (limited to 40):
"both tommy sets have both figures in one box!"

Ashley giving more details and info about Popbot, it's very useful especially since many people are confused by looks of Day one Popbot (one eye and etc). So now we know that standard Popbot from singles, is weathered, has two eyes, one hand and a hook.
"standard weathered orange popbot only has one hand and a hook. thats the classic popbot look. he has two eyes.
the one eye version , all clean is the first version, made a lonnnng time before you see popbot in issue one."
"popbot is made 100s of years before you see him in popbot one, the popbot you see first has two eyes and a hook, the path to getting those took a while, a very different robot in look and purpose from his original design."
"when its all done and dusted, the pop collection will rule, it cant be any other way.. its my #1 world"

Advising how to get "Fuck it" magazine at shops:
just fucking demand it, email chris, demand it !!I know I do !"
"well yea, I would..."

More details about Adventure Kartel figure Fighting JC and his accessory - TOWEL OF TURIN!
"we make toys, not statues or the ilk, yea the bodies dont look super rad uncovered, but I like the ability to pose em. JC is cool, once you see the face you will seen nothing else !
of he comes with the TOWEL OF TURIN !"

To remind you, Popbot is coming for sale in less than 10 days from now, on 28th of May 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time!

More information about Day one Popbot and Ashley makes a confession, that it is his favorite:
"4.3 seconds in euclidean universe is a lifetime or 4.3 seconds.
the clean one is strangely my fav.."

This 4.3 seconds remark makes the best sense with this older quote:
"The clean Pop is actually really cool, just like the day he was created.. of course 4.3 seconds later he was in battle and getting dirty.. but hey, it was a grand 4.3 seconds as they say."

Сommenting about lil de Plume's blister packaging:
"we will have to start a photo thread, the DEPLUME OPENERS!"

Ashley confirms that there will be only three Zombots:
"no more zombots, 3 are enough"

Telling about his plans considering MK3 Berties and that MK3 Berties WWRp pack could be the best way to get Beijing exclusive First Fallen (P'o) but in smaller - 1/12th size:
"i like the dutch Zwarte
im thinking of making the MK3 a WWRp release, just so it seems bigger...
1/12th deplume running around would be cool."
"mmm you know it might be a cool way to get Po de plume 1/12th...."
"the evil heavy cannon/shot-gun double pack with Po.... or maybe a grunt..mmm
WWRp is sounding cool"
"im not changing the size, its made man, just the line, maybe, so it seems giant. thats the only reason.
I never mentioned a size change..... only a line change..maybe"

Ashley talks more about First Fallen (P'o):
"P'o changed his name as he has been reading more eastern myth books, and found a more fitting moniker for his position as The First Fallen"
"no he is the first fallen, he is not called Fallen de plume"

More about AK: Fighting JC
"dont buy JC Darth, i like the neck as is, you should stay clear if you have 3A neck phobias."
"crown of thorns, dude, this aint a JC aint the end, but at the start ! none of hat crown of thorns emo stuff."

There would be certainly more than one colorway of WWR MK 2.5 Bramble:
"never one color, dev costs too much to do that, staking it all on one colorway is dicey !"

Telling about 3A ways, how 3A does things and a bit disappoint about some words of our board members. And one of the quotes is the best reminder about positive vibes and how to behave on our 3A board, leave the anger outside, this place is for sharing fun and positive vibes:
"what does that mean, are you saying I am changing for money, you have no idea of how I make money, this isnt it. ?
explain this shit, plus what guns, they are the same as all Berties."

"im still puzzled over this:
if people are over charging dont buyfrom them
If we give toys for free to retailers that support us ( without whom this aint carrying on, the online store doesnt do enough biz) we equal money hungry bastards ( at least thats what im reading ).
the standard berties are just as cool.
what are these cool guns im holding back ?"

"yea, and one last thing, I HAVE MONEY< WAAAAY BEFORE 3A, think about it,how could I dedicate the last two years to 3A without making any money or putting on art shows that lose money, just coz its cool. Kim and me could only do this due to prior success, thats the bottom line.
Money changes shit, walk in my shoes, live and deal in my world then comment on my actions and 3A."

"this line pissed me off
ash hooked up those who took care of him it had nothing to do with us.
3A has everything to do with you, from the start, that line has really burnt me..
anyway no more emo, im ending the thread, no pimping of stores was a
rule anyway, the mods have run away from the battle!"

"thanks but, you know, the only reason I do this, is because its fun to make these worlds, I dont really have a master plan, we have no spreadsheets, we dont ever really consider costs, well apart from shipping. its only for fun, the second it isnt, im not going to do this, no paycheck is big enough to wedge me into something I dont like. I have denied massive paying gigs, and positions only because it didnt sound fun, 3A is no different.

I dont force anyone to post here, buy anything, like me or 3A, I dont knock on your door and say fuck you for not buying my books and toys when you dont, I just do my thing.

look around, there is so many errant judgments and crazy bullshit happening outside your door, put the emo into changing that stuff, toys are for fun, the world out there is the war, not here."

"that pic shows Im doing the right thing"

Ashley about LPs:
"massive subject change. im collecting Lp's of my youth, anyone know of a good online store apart from EBAYYYY for old LPs, mainly English stuff."
"re LPs
Factory records stuff, 4AD, Creation etc."
"apry, that list you said, thats it, ill take em all
! Pale Saints, great stuff !"
"tis funny im listening to the fannies now, Guiding star."
"Anyone remember THE HOUSE OF LOVE.. good band
not a thread for young lads now"

"Christine probably more.. Andy the Scary"
"its a great album, seminal for me... !"
"black metallic is a classic.. always turns into swervedriver for me, when ever the wheel is played"

Commenting about one of fun little threads "3A Legion sketch gallery":
"cool !"

As you probably can see, after last night WWRp Berties thread (who and when?) with info on retailers, who will get three exclusive Berties was deleted. Don't be sad about it, as to be completely honest with you, there wasn't a lot of concrete info in this thread, most of it was just speculations about who might get Berties and who might not, and people behaving like they have some secret info and whatnot. From now on, it's better to keep such things under strict control on our board, especially knowing how emotional we are about exclusives and chases. Here is Ashley, kindly asking people, not to bring up retailers theme in old WWRp Berties thread.
"no more retailers talk on this thread."

Posting in his art thread:
"my last Wizards of the coast cards were done in 2005 for a cool cat named Dawn Murin, the line they were done for folded, and just used im told..
Im not going to be doing anymore...ever"

About 2000 AD art in Beijing:
"oh there are many more! well for me.
lets have a greatest covers of all time off.!
The beijing show is gonna have so much AAA 2000ad originals at it, im kinda inclined to call it a 2000ad art with some other stuff !"

Awesome EMGY Dropcloth, which was sold at 3AA 2-pack along with Pink Peaceday Square:

May - 2010 Emgydc1.thMay - 2010 Emgydc2.th

Ashley commenting size of WWRp Berties MK3:
"no 12: smally shit"

Answering to Paul, who says that he likes Dropcloth EMGY the best and gives more information about Dropcloth's nature, plus he mentions EMGY WWRp 12 pack:
"but Pauly, yu aint seen the others yet !"
"they run in packs of 12."
"no, in the world of WWR they run in packs of 12, there are no more emgy DC's for making any sets, not many were ordered, and we make pretty much to order...."
"maybe a EMGy WWRp 12pack.. that would rock"

Answering about looks of standard Popbot:
"weathered standard CLASSIC popbot only has one right hand and one hook"

Ashley commenting sales and confirms that ALL Dropcloth's, which were sold at Bambalandstore (4pack + EMGY) are shipping out this month:
"actually pretty low, our biggest sellers are probably mid or low level hot toys kinda amounts"
"ships this month !"
"keep announcing, all bamba dropcloth this month !"
"only ever one shield shown"
- answering on a question whether the was version with another riot shield shown earlier

Guys, if you signed up for legionnaires t-shirt from Nikejerk, you need to send a list of information to Sir Dirty Girty's email: spawnfan_1 @ hotmail dot com - please remove spaces and change dot to "."

Here is a necessary info, which you need to send, please write exactly like here and fill in all the column with data. To avoid confusion: M/F means - male/female size.
List #
User Name:
Name for back of shirt:
Shipping Address:
Shirt Size(M/F):
# of shirts (3 max):
Shirt Type request ( long sleeve, v neck, etc):
Shirt design request:
Paypal Address:
Are you going to Beijing?

Most of the people already send their info and here are people who need to do it ASAP!
    24-Rsinart
    31-fort
    32-dimplygecko
    53-Sail
    55-JTM45
    63-DragonDavy
    65-giantdwarf
    68-Nismo
    79- breakersrevenge
    80- TS163
    81- LoneCub
    85- nyhousekid
    88- Lysol
    89- ZopBoy
    91- achmad
    93- Lincoln
    97- vondurabo
    102- memecomplex
    103- Kristofer
    105- SimonS
    123- ninjabot
    136-crunch
    138- holiday
    147-OmnilimbO
    157- nwo
    158- howies
    160- ayyong

Ashley about Magic cards:
"yea, kinda milked to death, some good people were involved back in the day.."
plus his previous quote on the subject, to make more sense for ya:
"my last Wizards of the coast cards were done in 2005 for a cool cat named Dawn Murin, the line they were done for folded, and just used im told..
Im not going to be doing anymore...ever"

Ascended Popbot from 3pack, which is going to be on sale next Friday along with other variants and packs!

May - 2010 Asck.th

Ashley about Popbot and random kitties:
"kitty only hooks up with pop late in the piece"
"there will be a many different kittys. as everyone see him differently..
just saying.. even some dodgy flocked versions. all random, except the black and white version"
"nope, he will be random..coz I know you guys love that shit"
"white pop is the final day pop"
"then it will be a dedcat, not kitty. which is cool too"
"A diy kitty, like in a baggy with header card.
Ill have a kitty contest I think"

"probably 3pack and other ways, we shall see, these on the spot ideas always require some back in thought" - saying that DIY Kitty will be probably available with 3pack
"yay, the 3 pack rules !!"
"thats the ascended pop, final day, last one etc"

Showa TK from 3AA 2pack (second figure will be Day one Popbot):

May - 2010 Poppoya.th

Rare Pink de Plume and Ashley talking about him and lil de Plumes in general:

May - 2010 Alphablister.th

"the rare spotty pink deplume ! or Shitty Alpha Blister Tester dePlume"
"6 inch deplume, the card is big ass"
"its cool, to be able to make them, dream come true, insane !"
"nicklee, are you serious, do you know our toys, have you seen blanc de plume, why would it look like that ?"
"it boggles it does.. blister tester de plume...!"

"3A vault in china, where all our cool proto stuff is" - answering where 3A keeps prototypes

About Dropcloths shipping:
"i think ems , but im only assuming"

Our 3A board member Mastodon just got DIY de Plume for his effort, now somebody have to record his song, he made up! Congrats to Mastodon!
"thats a DIY de PLUME
now someone record it ~!"

Chunky Bits cover:

May - 2010 Cbpk.th

"im trying to print my art larger, not smaller !"
"by an ipad, lots of stuff soon on it"

About WWRp Nom de Plume and that it's must be removed from blister packaging:
"thats it greg, waste of time in it pack!
keep the card, but damn those berties MK2 need some plume action !"
"oh im sure some will say I got this slightly opened when selling on ebay !"

Answering how thick are Chunky Bits pages (on the photo above)
"it 250 gsm, standard for self hardcover stock
move along. move along"

Commenting in an interesting thread we have, called: The rarest/most unique stuff you have, about Star Wars bootleg toy, which is in the possession of one of our boardies:
"Blue Stars is awesome, nice score"

Ashley about one of our boardies 2000 AD original collection:
"Paul making a play for biggest 2000ad art collection in the shortest time.
GO LAD GO !!!"

Commenting on already legendary 7bones set and Popbot characters:
"not gonna be for a while, with hatchery tk, new oya and baka coming, there is enough tks on my plate.
many other popbot characters to do as well !"
"anub you really have to read the books, if your gonna request popbot characters, dead gangsta isnt in the popbot universe, elvis ronin are in effect Tks, ealry versions"

Ashley makes a correction about Popbot price..as singles cost 150$
"90 bucks for a popbot ? where"

previous news for this date are above

Ashley shows Beijing exclusive Badbot extras, I got to admit that I love his weathering:

May - 2010 Twoeyebad.th

Since it's less than seven days to wait for Popbot sale, let's repeat what is on the menu (with some teaser pics we saw):

Sale time: 28th of May 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com

Singles:
both include cuntish cat

3AA 2PACK:

May - 2010 Orangy.thMay - 2010 Poppoya.th

Day one Pop and Shōwa TK : 220usd <- comes without a kitty, but with TK!

The UNDERVERSE 3PACK:
Popbot standard
Badbot standard
(Popbot and Badbot are similar to the ones, which are sold as singles)

May - 2010 Asck.th

Kitties are going to be random in packs, except black and white kitty:
just saying.. even some dodgy flocked versions. all random, except the black and white version"

I'm not tired to repeat over and over again, that our board has an amazing quantity of talented members. Here is an article in Chinese toy magazine《模玩》, written by our board member rockysara.
Ashley says thanks and points out some aspects of the article:
"would have been really cool if you had not used a templesmith spawn image"
"and whats with that hockey mask illo, I dont want that associated with adventure kartel, nor the ZvR covers, very different to ZvR"
"I appreciate the coverage and time."
"I often make a mistake because my badly English Level often effect my reading from here"
now your scaring me !"

Here is how Mr. Kitty travels:

May - 2010 Satki.th

Ashley about Popbot and his hoses/tubes:
"of course standard pop comes with a gun... !"
"best robot figure, kick any pansy ass WWR bots ass, if they had em...
Pobpot can climb ladders, thats the shit !!"
"they have wore in them, so yea, bendy, and can pose, within reason, they are not thin weeny tubes...."

Posting in You're One Favorite Figure and Toy Nostalgia thread:
"I didnt think mego ever released the doctor , certainly not on the blister 8" card, i thought it was a UK exclusive by Denys Fisher ? wasnt it also 10" could be wrong though
Paul you a mego pusher now ? MEgo is my #1 toy company, tread wisely..
have always wanted a Giant Robot fig by them..."
"that Dr Who fig is a custom, you can find a Denys Fisher or Harbert boxed one for not that much.."

Commenting about "Fuck It" magazine coming on sale and why some stores cancel placed orders:
"been made, just waiting to get into distro, I dont get them far ahead of you guys..
reasons for canceling orders, shit knows, maybe
I say fuck it"

Ashley explaining why Badbot has two eyes and reveals Manchester war story:
"speaking of two eye's. Some have asked what with Badbot having two eyes etc. well.
There is a story, which I might release as a graphic novel called MANCHESTER WAR. where pop and badbot team up.. kinda"
"and for that story he has two eyes"
"so when the box has Manchester War on it, you will now know why"

Ashley answering about quantity of Jeremy Geddes art prints in Beijing:
"one"

Posting in "You're One Favorite Figure and Toy Nostalgia" thread about Mego toys and regretting selling some back in the day:
"Mego is partly top blame for 3A, a major plus was to have my own mego !"
"ummm errr no.
1 8" boxed ironman
I had to sell mine years ago for cash, to pay rent etc.... lame"
"i really like em, hokey, but damn they pull my heart strings ! the lizard is aawesome, spidey villain etc"
"box, carded is super rare, I have not ever seen for sale"

Joking about Kitty's price:
"due to unprecedented demand, kittys will now only be sold separately for 100usd each."
But to be honest, I would gladly buy 5+ different kitty's pack for that kind of money.

Ashley posting in Medic thread, giving an advice about damaged Bramble:
"or email candy at 3A. and we can assist. Simple as that."
"you gotta ride shit."

Commenting about money during 3A Gathering in Beijing:
"well I only take USD, in high value notes, no wun dulla bills here !"

Less than five days to wait for Popbot sale, I'm so freaking excited! Small reminder, if you haven't bought anything from Bambalandstore yet, I suggest to register an account before sale and Bambalandstore accepts Paypal only.

Ashley answering whether Popbot Maxx figure is happening at some point of time:
"not gonna happen with 3A, those right are too tangely now."

If you are 1000% sure that you are going to Beijing and already have flight tickets and etc, please drop an email to candy@three-zero.com , as 3A wants to know how many people are going from other countries to Beijing. And like Ashley says, please only email her if you sure that you are going, no emails asking to buy things or asking whether somebody else can pick up exclusives for you. Thank you for understanding.
"guys if you have tickets and are gonna be in beijing 1000% please drop, candy an email explaining this, so we can get a sense of who is coming from the world, we wanna do our best to make you get some swag if wanted. frankly its very limited and I dont want anyone going home empty handed if they dont want etc...
We cant promise anything, but we wanna try."
"just say you are there now, no shopping lists etc, Candy is just the list maker, we need to figure out stuff after we know..
and please only if its written in stone that you are there. I already have got an email stating I will not be there , but can I have someone pick stuff, or can I buy it now etc.."

RMB/CNY will be accepted along with USD at the show:
"you can use Chinese, no prob.."

Only [s]two[/s] one person is missing from t-shirt list and it seems that PMs are not reaching them either, I'll try to put their names here, maybe they will notice it or you guys (who are reading) know where they are and how to get hold of them:
89- ZopBoy
[s]91- achmad[/s]

ZopBoy or/and achmad if you are reading this you need to send a list of information to Sir Dirty Girty's email: spawnfan_1 @ hotmail dot com - please remove spaces and change dot to "."

Here is a necessary info, which you need to send, please write exactly like here and fill in all the column with data. To avoid confusion: M/F means - male/female size.
List #
User Name:
Name for back of shirt:
Shipping Address:
Shirt Size(M/F):
# of shirts (3 max):
Shirt Type request ( long sleeve, v neck, etc):
Shirt design request:
Paypal Address:
Are you going to Beijing?

Ashley reveals more about Beijing exclusive 1/6th scale de Plume: Kuan Ti Plume:
"Jung look awesome next to his mentor Kuan Ti Plume.. thats the beijing de plume by the way.."
"Kuan Ti Plume is the splinter, that becomes a forest.
ohh im soo wordy or poety."
"not the first NOM, the first Fallen."
"it depends ob what side you look from, one mans terrorist is anothers mans freedom fighter..right"
- answering whether Fallen equals to dead or corrupt
"Nom are many and one, for self, for you"

Kim and Ash, will not be at SDCC this year, BUT there will be USA show soon!
"Eric that info made sense for HK, but Beijing has showed outside of HK, it costs a bomb, if this was anything apart from bringing art to the people, aka a commercial venture, it would be a failure financially from the start , just the shipping cost of international artists getting their art to Beijing would destroy that notion of cost cutting. add in framing, plus gallery lease fee ,out fitting it,security, logistics, production costs, air fares,.. im gonna stop FUCK ME !!!! gah, dont wanna think about it.. So gonna rock though !
...So next year, Jeremy and Me are goona do our show outside of asia somewhere, in a major hub city.
Oh yea KIm nor I will be at SDCC this year.."

Ashley about not going to SDCC this year and promising show on USA soil soon:
"yeam it blows, but I cant dodge some stuff, that conflicts with SDCC. i love going, its always cool chatting with you guys.
Who knows what is coming up though !"
"i promise a US show soon"

Fresh Badbot photos and yes, it's a standard Badbot, not Beijing exclusive:

May - 2010 Badbot431.thMay - 2010 Badbot42.th

Ashley about Popbot:
"like I said, Best robot ever, and toy !! EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !
At least to me."

Commenting on May photo thread:
"all very cool photos.!"
"i so wanna do a mag with the creme of these shots, youy guy really rock it"

Commenting about new thread started on our board, called "Express your joy"
"nice to see a positive no whine thread.."
"congrats on the marriage Lonley, awesome in fact !!!"

About our board member and 3A sister - chillywilly153 collection:
"thats why we love ya !"
"I have them framed ! but its passion, not giving up that impresses me more than most, plus you were never a dick.. goes a long way."

WWR Dropcloths sold at Bambalandstore (so NOT retail Dropcloths) are shipping out this week and there is a possibility of more different Dropcloths in future:
"all bamba DC ship this week, just so ya knows
I think ill do more DC, a MOD slaughterhouse is too cool, there are a few designs waiting in the wings."
"take the foot off yours and repaint, i dont think that version is in the cards
Limpy....."

Ashley makes another clarification about Badbot and talks a bit more about upcoming Popbot sale, which is going to happen in less than three days, on 28th of May 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time.
"how many black bots are there, dude, black robot paintjob = badbot"
"three colorways, a Tk and kitties is extremely difficult to manufacture in a short period. These are the only Popbot that exist in my word of Popbot. I dont want any more for the sake of it etc.."

Commenting in "What's on your walls?" thread, about our good boardie gregory:
"gregory is good people... one of the boards finest !"

2000 AD Mongrol, will not be shown until he is ready:
"no blurry stuff, this is licensed material, only when its ready to show and sell can it be shown, them the rules."

Posting about more D'airain adventures and announcing that next full comic from Ashley Wood will be 64 pages Adventure Kartel comic, published by 3A:
"and hence the demise.. One sale/sail cant cover the cost of that comic, the flap cover cost as mush as the guts to print.

The idea of making small sized flimsy comics doesnt appeal at the moment. My next full comic will be ADVENTURE KARTEL, 64 pages, 12"x12" hardcover published by 3A/me.

Then a erotic story, then something new. Im always doodling away here."

Commenting in Běi jīng j? hu? - 25th June Planning Thread:
"sounds like you guys are going to have a cool time !!"
And to remind you, 3A Gathering in Beijing starts in one month from now and what a show it will be!!!

Ashley answering how big is Popbot's gun:
"gun is 5 inches long"

About next 3A show..so next show isn't going to be Venture MK2 in Hong-Kong:
"these things a long time to do, Jeremy and me have a distinct plan, that covers many years, we are not gonna rush anything.
The next show will only feature Jeremy and me on arts duty, but its a way off, and is not in HONG KONG."

WWRp Nom de Plume, which was a part of 3AA package this year...OMG, he is so beautiful!

May - 2010 3aadelpume.th

Ashley commenting choice of colors for Nom de Plume packaging:
"at CHAS >> well 3A has red and blue as it main colors, I wanted to represent both in the packaging"

Long awaited and legendary figure Bot Sniper is coming (click the quote link to discover thread about this set of figures, if you don't know nothing about them)!
"its coming"

Let's repeat what is going to be on the sale in less than three days, with new pics.

Sale time: 28th of May 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com

Singles:

May - 2010 Badbot431.thMay - 2010 Badbot42.th

both include cuntish cat

3AA 2PACK:

May - 2010 Orangy.thMay - 2010 Poppoya.thMay - 2010 Showa.th

Day one Pop and Shōwa TK : 220usd <- comes without a kitty, but with TK!

The UNDERVERSE 3PACK:

Popbot standard
Badbot standard
(Popbot and Badbot are exactly similar to the ones, which are sold as singles)
AND

May - 2010 Asck.thMay - 2010 Popwhite391.th

Kitties are going to be random in packs, except black and white kitty:

Ashley says that 3AA membership package is almost ready and says that he is always ready to take back membership from impatient people and give it to a line of others, who would literally kill to get 3AA membership:
"we have it all ready, the t-shirts are somewhere in china.
if your tired of waiting email me, ill cancel the order, no problem."
"no takers ?"

Answering on hypothetical question, who would win in a fight - Popbot or Darth Vader:
"vader is a bitch, wouldnt last at all if popbot cut loose, the force is lame compared to the power of this battlesta---- POPBOT.anyway vader isnt real"

Clocks keep ticking and it's less than two days until Popbot goes on sale at www.bambalandstore.com

I got to say, that this month's photo thread really rocks, please click the link and check out the entries and don't hesitate to participate (as there is still time). Here are three random entries from there, others are equally cool if even not more cooler, I chose these as their caught my eye and it's a pity that I can't put all of the entries here.

May - 2010 Img2617sv.thMay - 2010 457299527856e61b3e69b.thMay - 2010 Bynaelnomvszombs02.th

Same goes for May sketch thread, this month theme is : Lifedrawing and our boardies managed to post lots of very talented and creative sketches there, check them out and perhaps you will find the courage to participate this month or next month in one of sketch threads.

Ashley answering whether 3AA t-shirts will have different design on their backs (like last year, when each size had a different art on the back):
"no same shirt."
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:20 am

previous news for this day are above

Ashley talks more about 3AA package and strict quality control, as we all know 3A is ready to ship out stuff only when top notch quality is reached:
"no delays are just everyday production stuff, and quality control, quality control is my biggest concern, im pretty over it
If you dont like pre-ordering, dont, go retail then you have no stress or concerns."

3AA exclusive 2pack photo, which is going to be available for 220 USD in less than two days, along with Popbot and Badbot singles and 3pack

May - 2010 3aapack.th

Ashley about General Showa and talking about Popbot packaging and prints:
"Showa is the TK that retrieved popbot for the war against Mortis. they were good pals while it lasted."
"artwork is for books, Im gonna make stark boxes for these guys, typography is leading my interests in packaging at the moment.
Im goign to release many prints after beijing. Gotta take advantage of my backlog"

Adventure Kartel book is going to be available these year!
"out this year!"

About Kent Williams:
"Kent is best!"
"I have a 6x4foot painting by my computer as I type gimby by kent, I have many paintings by him, he did an awesome popbot for me.. love it
Kent williams is someone I consider a fucking genius, real skills with paint, good eye for design and color, he is a fucking star, best of all, nice chap.. cant beat that !"

Time is ticking and each minute brings us closer to Popbot sale. But what we have before each sale? F5 Bar and Grill, where we all can hang out and share the excitement! "2215 Funlicker opening for Popbot" (unless Ashley comes us with a better name) thread will be open in F5 Bar and Grill in less than three hours from now and would be entirely dedicated to this release.
To remind you what is F5 Bar and Grill:
During release nights in the thread dedicated to the release, like "Popbot 2010" thread (under Popbot section), only serious questions/problems can be posted. Everything else would be deleted by us, the Mods. This is done, to get rid of all the nonsense and help to people, who have some serious questions and problems about the release. The thread where you can make relatively on topic friendly chat or go insane during the releases would be called F5 Bar and Grill, under Release night category. The thread is going to be unlocked 24 hours before the sale happens and locked, when the figure is going to be removed from the store. Have fun there, but don't forget basic rules and maintaining positive vibes of our board.

Ashley telling how much he likes Popbot:
"Im biased naturally , but this is the best large bot we have made, If you like the pics, you will LOVE the toy.
Going into our second year anniversary period, I cant think of a better figure to release, I am , as they say , STOKED !"
"even if it isnt, im happy and proud of it."
"and im no rock star, fuck, im a dad, who likes to paint and draw."

We are less than one hour away from F5 Bar and Grill and Popbot sale is less in 25 hours from now! I'm so stoked!

F5 Bar and Grill is open and waiting for first visitors, as I type.

Ashley says thanks to everyone here:
"you guys are great, in a very busy world of many cool things I feel pretty damn happy to have this, whatever it is."

Two more Popbot pics (kitty's satchel for the win!):

May - 2010 Popc2.thMay - 2010 Popclassic.th

Ashley dropped this photo in 3A Gathering in Beijing thread:

May - 2010 Pinkslappertq.th

saying:
"pre show, what pre-show ?
no one get to see it till finished friday lunch etc.. insurance and BS like that.."
"or you deal with her..."

Speaking about 3A second anniversary Bambaboss:
"coz you guys are here, on the 23 rd of june we are offering a limited edition bambaboss Im two edition. just so ya knows."
"ok 21st, changed for greg"

Highly anticipated 7bones set isn't going to drop soon:
" 7pack isnt gonna happen for months, maybe next year. too many other things in front"
"im sure there will be. a big set, and i dont want to rush it. im pretty sure it wont happen before christmas."

Ashley reassuring 3AA members about 24 hours advantage for 3AA 2pack, however no 24 hours advantage for standard 3pack set and singles (if I'm reading it correctly):
"only 3AA 2 pack has 24 hour window safety for 3AA, just an FYI as mentioned before"

About "Mystery society", that it isn't the comic about paranormal things Ashley mentioned earlier and revealing more secret stuff he is working on:
"no this isnt it,
I came up with the idea with steve, he did the heavy lifting writing scripts etc.
we are working on something waaay darker together, bleak and terrible.
like really bleak, fully painted type art, see i do other stuff that I dont talk about."

Update about the sale, from 3A production blog:
Popbot pre-order
Onsale only at Bambalandstore.com friday 28th may at 9-00am Hong Kong time

Each Popbot is approx 15″ tall, and has a shitload of articulation.

SINGLES:
Popbot
Badbot
*both include cuntish kitty cat, random colorway!
150usd each, includes worldwide shipping

3AA EXCLUSIVE
Day One Pop and General Shōwa TK :
220usd Only for 3AA*but we might let some slip !
220 USD, includes worldwide shipping

The UNDERVERSE 3PACK:
Popbot
Badbot
AND !!
ASCENDED Popbot
comes with 3 kitty colorways
ANNNNNDD
DIY Kitty
360usd, includes worldwide shipping

What an awesome DIY Kitty news and some light in the end of the tunnel for non-3AA members.

An army of super cool kitties!

May - 2010 Popsalenew.th

Popbot sale is going to start in four hours from now at www.bambalandstore.com, F5 Bar is open and waiting for visitors.

Ashley answering about 3pack packaging, whether figures going to be packaged in one big box or in three separated ones:
"dunno, what ever is anti ebay splitting up. but I dunno for now"

Popbot goes on sale in less than three hours from now. Don't forget about countdown timer at www.threeaonline.com/blog

Ashley about Popbot limitations (probably that's why 3AA members don't have 24 hours window for standards)
"no need to worry guys, why do you think this shits gonna sell out quick, this bot cost some coin to make and dev, mostly ABS plastic, cost ways more than vinyl to make, add in the lower price I gotta sell some numbers to keep the 3A boat chugging."

One hour and 20 minutes to wait!

Ashley commenting about different kitties on the photo above and promising some cool version of kitties:
"those are just the kitties I had on hand when shooting pics, there will be some kitties where only 1, 4, 9 are made. the hunt will ensue !"

Less than one hour to wait, newsletter coming out soon!

It's a final countdown...only 20+ minutes to wait, 3AA members don't forget to log in, into www.bambalandstore.com, in order to get access to 3AA exclusives.

No kitties sets:
"nope, only way to get kitty is with popbot.
never gonna mass release them otherwise.
maybe a special one or two as we go, but no sets etc.."

Less than 15 minutes to wait, for one of the most anticipated sales of this year!
www.bambalandstore.com

Newsletter is out, click here if you missed it.

And Popbot is currently on sale at www.bambalandstore.com !!! 15" of super articulated bot

Ashley about new store, Popbot shipping and how non-3AA members can get a 2pack:
"I'll only let unpaid 3AA go public after the 24 hours.. if thee are any, people are getting better at paying, they now know you cant come back and pay later on.. like 3 months later"
"upgraded store is working a treat, a bit wobbly in the admin though
ship in august by the way, dont let malcontent dicks say otherwise !"

Ashley talking about Popbot sale and having fun with everybody in F5 Bar and Grill:
"im not here to make peoples ebay business."
"no, i have closed it, redirection can cause domain security issues.
BAMBALANDSTORE.COM"
"why does everyone want to destroy bambaland.. the crushhh"
"thanks guys !!! popbot is rocking along ! I always have my bag just in case im voted off toy island.."
"thanks guys, the sale can cover the bannwidth charge now"
"you get whats in the pictures, classic pop has a hook, no left hand !!!"
"have said it for a while, you gotta read !!!!"
"yupm i might call it a day, pop is a good bookend...
thanks guys, its been fun.."
"I meant for good, pop is the one to go out on.
now to start making wine central coast style."
"nahh, i got some shit left to do, no where near the top yet, when I get there, ill bail, no cracks, no rolling stones shit for me"
"quickest sale yet... damn, and no store shit.. easy street"
"40oz bottle of brown."
"oh ill make wine, lived for a few years in Shell Beach CA, central coasty, near pismo, a few vineyards around there. CUNT WINE will be thy name"
"its all in how the grapes are crushed....and where."

Ashley about buying Popbot not from the Bambalandstore:
"you would have to be retard to buy it on ebay, pay shipping etc..
it boggles the mind..."

Saying thanks to everyone who supported the sale:
"thanks for buying, now we can make more shit"

As you probably saw at www.bambalandstore.com, all bots (except Day one Popbot) come with satchel for a kitty and even Day one Popbot, has a random kitty colorway.

Like always, there were very limited surprises, here is Ashley about 10 kitties packs (remember my crazy idea, OMG?!), which were and will be offered, 70$ for 10 kitties, meow!

May - 2010 Kitty2z.th

"i know of no kittys...
you guys forgot a surprise isnt mentioned.."
"only 10 have been put up, over the next couple of days ill put more up
these surprises got to easy"

"i see cats"

Popbot, Badbot and packs are up for sale at www.bambalandstore.com for almost 22 hours. As Ashley said, if there will be unpaid 3AA 2packs orders, he will offer them after 24 hours from the start of the sale, so keep an eye on the F5 bar, our board and the store. The thread dedicated to Popbot sale in F5 bar is constantly growing and people are enjoying the excitement, just that you know F5 bar is open, until there are 3A toys to buy at Bambalandstore and excitement is high. So who knows when Popbot is going to be taken away from the store and declared sold out, don't sit on the fence, buy whatever you like the most or simply swing by to the bar and share your thoughts.

What about kitties pack, you might ask? What about it? It's rad offer, as what may be cooler than 10 different kitties in one pack? And as Ashley promised more would be offered in next couple of days. Just please remember, as a surprise release, it's limited to one per person, or you order will be canceled. Best of luck to everyone who is gunning for one!

Ashley about packs of kitties and Popbot sale, another reminder not to sit on the fence, as nobody knows how soon Popbot will be removed from the store:
"5 left, the pop sale is coming to an end.. soon"

All thumbnails pics, lead to bigger images.

Adventure Kartel, Tommy Mission shipping boxes and box art (including Atrocity exhibition set and Darklands):

May - 2010 Ship4m.thMay - 2010 Ship5.thMay - 2010 Ship3.thMay - 2010 Ship2h.th

WWR EMGY Dropcloth and his Peaceday Square:

May - 2010 Shipj.th

As I mentioned about Ashley's promise to put unpaid 3AA 2packs after 24 hours for general audience it did happen and some more 2packs to come...looks like kitties and 3pack of Popbot/Badbot/Ascended Popbot are sold out:
"some 2packs to come, more non paying pricks.. cart sitting nasties..
im gonna churn there shit.
not many, but there is hope if ya want a set"

"final kitties..omni"

Another release night coming to an end, thanks everyone for tremendous support and congrats to everyone who got what he/she wanted and if you haven't, don't be sad, there are lots of new 3A releases in future and nothing to be sad about...F5 Bar will close soon as well:
"no kitties, we only had a limited amount of sets.. if there are any non paying kitties, i dont really know, they will be churned. Im pretty sure there are not any though."
"there are a couple of guys, order like 10 things, never pay... ,must be an ordering fetish"
"oh well, another 3A release comes to an end. 3 pack did awesome, singles ok .. 3AA the best !
kitty just caused trouble, but thats Kitty, he does that.
cheers"

Ashley about kitties and that there is a possibility of new pack at someday in future:
"I only have what we have, I wish I had 100 more kitty sets, but these were in the system a while back, to prepare for manufacture we have to get raw materials etc.
Ill see about making a second set though. BOTK2."

Popbot is sold out! Thanks to everyone!
"3A keeps going, and so many laughed at me when I made Nom de plume...
feel s good, released Popbot, cant fail now !
dont step in the cat shit !"

And here is what kitty did at the Bambalandstore, being jealous about Pop's popularity:

May - 2010 Soldoutpop.th

Ashley about upcoming June release of Bambaboss, to celebrate 3AA two years anniversary:
"that bambaboss is limited, not a release etc.. june is a lite month due to beijing etc."

F5 Bar is closed, small speech from me..Thank you everyone for tremendous support and positivity, of course there were some emo..but it wouldn't be a 3A release night, without them right? F5 bar is closed and I can't wait to open it again and welcome you all to another release night party. Like always, drinks on the house and only the best atmosphere, all for you! What could be better to have a bar, where you can come and meet your friends from all over the world and say: bartender, as usual for me. Thank you Ash and Kim, and thank you Popbot! Congrats to 3A on another awesome and very successful release.

Ashley confirms that 3A shipped all retailers Men from N.O.M
"we have shipped all retailer stuff ages ago. when did you order"
" .... they must have a system I guess...."

There is a possibility that Popbot's retail version will be offered to retailers, so if you missed one, don't be sad:
"all gone, nada left.
as there is still demand, we are considering a retail version. we shall have to see though, Seems a lot of peeps didnt get their popbot.."
"kim pick what ? retailers just join our wholesale system
no picking. if popbot goes retail, all will get"

Latest entry from Ashley's blog...I got to say that I love his ink paintings as much as oils:

May - 2010 Ink2d.thMay - 2010 Inkw.thMay - 2010 Tanksj.th

Ashley about ink work and drawings shown above:
"ink work is awesome, like Eric said, a different foo..
So much fun when it works..
so so horrible when it doesnt, I mean really soul crushing shit..."
"and yea, thats some big ass !"

As you probably heard there would be an exclusive print by Jeremy Geddes at 3A Gathering in Beijing, but you got to be there to claim it and here is an explanation why:
"gotta be there to claim the print, the shipping on the print will be as much as a plane ticket alone , might as well turn up!"

Ashley posting in his art thread about art, which will be on sale or on display at Beijing:
"there re many pieces I have not shown or shown finished that will be at beijing !"
"my best ever inks too... but they aint for sale so maybe its for the best Paul.but dude, im surprised your not going....."
"well buy me a drink martin, etc, you never know.."

Ashley about "Chunky bits" book, which will be on sale at Beijing and at Bambalandstore and about sketch editions:
"it will be on bamba, but shipping will have to be charged. we shall offer EMS, standard etc.
ill be doing sketch editions over time, just dropping them as I go."
"maybe one a month, maybe every 6 months.. who knows"

Revealing "THE LINGE NOIRE" book:
"another must have book is THE LINGE NOIRE by me of course."
"september ish
im back on the book bender"
"books can still save the world."

Ashley about MGS and 3A collaboration:
"it's coming"

Posting in 2000 AD thread:
"slaine wasnt the brightest of chaps
would be a cool fig, would require a new body which would cost, if I can sell 1000 I would do it a flash !"
"lists are pointless, people do not come through half the time. I can only speculate on the interest or success as we go. fingers crossed."

An update from Nikejerk, about legionnaire t-shirts, click here to read it.

Ashley talking with SDG and gar about "Chunky bits":
"i didnt mention IDW sam, where you getting yor info at..."
"ahh the dutch coalition huh, trying some hardball eh"

Congratulating one of our boardies on his wedding:
"congratulations on the upcoming wedding, awesome !!"

New and very exciting thread appeared on our board, called: BEIJING EXCLUSIVES, here is what Ashley wrote in it, which will without a doubt makes your heart pumping:
"We will be putting a limited supply of Beijing two eye Badbots and Adventure Kartel four figure sets on bambaland at 9-00am 22nd june.
These are limited, really limited, no emo if you miss out, even im only allowed one set and its my company!!!
These sets have been made for the Gathering show, even beijing visitors have a very slight chance of scoring what they want there, so feel for them !
But we want everyone else to have at least a crack at them."

So like always Ashley shows love for his fans and gives an equal opportunity to everyone, who isn't going to Beijing, to grab two eye Badbot and Adventure Kartel four figure set, be fast and be at Bambaland at time, like Ashley said, supply if VERY limited, but you know precise time of sale and have lots of time for training.

Ashley talks more about Beijing exclusives:
"hatchery large martin is there, 1/6th
Hatchery TK with head
Adventure kartel 4 pack
pink tq
and so on"

And info about Adventure Kartel Little Shadow shipping is added to Shipping next thread.

Adventure Kartel 4pack, we saw earlier this year:

May - 2010 54469249.th

And guys, I know it's hard, but please if you are going to 3A Gathering in Beijing, don't be greedy and let other people try their luck on 22nd of June, we all legionnaires and we must respect and love each other, as we are ONE!

31.05-01.06

Ashley about Beijing 4pack limited release and how to not behave during it:
"emo is fine
being a dick, insulting others, trashing 3A, slamming mods will be harshly dealt with. but yea, missionary Zomb.. he pretty cool"
"I think the 4 packs will go in under 5 seconds... less.
same with badbot, trick is, do you wait to add badbot or 4 pack to cart and maybe miss out ?
tricky situation"

Commenting chances to get Adventure Kartel 4pack in Beijing:
"better in beijing.."

About Tommy Mission and that we will start getting our Tommy any day now:
"hopefully today, some peeps wil post their tommys... i just got mine.. fucking cool fig !"
"way better than the proto"
"and yea, I wait as well, I see many proto's but only get the figs when you guys do, and trust me, there isnt anyone more emo, I ask every day, push, I want them more than anyone !"

"nah, you guys should be first, plus an iphone nasty isnt that cool"
"really cool, im doing this for that feeling, if I dont feel it, there will be shit to pay"
"you know, I thought we had sold a lot of tommies during the sale, but now counting the sold ones, it doesnt even count for half of 3AA.."
"tracky rocks too.."

"damn right, fucking filthy figs, awesome, grime and vinyl."

EMGY Dropcloth is shipping out as well:
"just got my EMGY dropcloths too, fucking great, the shield and baton rock, nice to see the square again getting out there. Some one once said they didnt get the square to me....madness"

About 3AA TQ Reimi:
"I already said, its a red latex suit, like the black one, like the illo alludes too..."

Posting about Beijing exclusive Zombot Ankou, which is going to be really different and new:
"i think im gonna go blind box for this guy
there will also be a set, just like the TK !"
"this fig is super fun, goofy, cool, lots of character.. love the bastard, neither good nor bad."

"speculate away, but I have no interest in shackles , really."
"not my loverly zombs !"
"i already said it was a bot.
he is very cool, he has made an appearance on an obscure design already somewhere..."
And another confirmation that Ankou, comes with a new head:
"not a zombot. new head"

Answering whether there will be his prints in Beijing:
"i was going to , but time got away from me, the time to print, send, frame just makes it impossible."

A couple of more facts about Ankou:
"lost your cash darth. there no robots in the AK world like that."
"he is actually a basic fig, an 80 bucker.. BUT FUCK OFF CLASSIC, you can really have fun, with a very simple function on him"

Latest entry from Ashley's blog (showing invitations to Beijing?):
Gathering Month

May - 2010 Img7356u.th

Well its June, 24 days till the opening of the 3A Gathering art exhibition in Beijing, Myself, Phil Hale, Jeremy Geddes, Dorophy Tang, Rufus Dayglo and Kenny Wong will all be showing artwork and whatnot. I do hope that some of you guys make it, and say hello ! Lots more info in the following days !

gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down