World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3AA 2016 Discussion

+76
theparallax
Heirforce
<{OjO}>
Hogarth
ennui
crab rangoon
MrJack
mijho
voleboy
noisebot
Jaybo3000
SzuTsung
MarkyMac
Dar Wolfram
dtrain
Beaumont
koonfasa
pezbanana
Argentix
Mouse9090
Jahright
fluppeco
Danz
carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u
abex44
SpiderPig
gunm
Jubal285ive
Matrix
noveltycross
luk
thumbtack82
Minion
gundamben831
J&J
Grish
zzzzz
DutchBot
Artoo
Crem
Oneluckyboy
Wooly
LV-426
miracle bubbles
ghostmouse
zbrushman
UsedUniverse
counterfeit
PiggyV01
3a_boltman
666ways2love
Sideglide
BlackBellamy
Joshimus
SQUID
Firehazzard
papamadoo
ESeffinga
BPP
x43x
GrandpaStern
Knightjar
chiowhon
Mr. Rictus
Siona
gregory
Kedao
Plastic Robo
Chivo
illproxy
IronChap
gar
geisT
gimbat
Skipper11x
Albino
80 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

3AA 2016 Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 3AA 2016 Discussion

Post by miracle bubbles Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:51 am

Ready for the full reveal and some info.  Thanks.
miracle bubbles
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by noveltycross Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:00 am

Lets get a full reveal of this guy. Hate waiting around.
noveltycross
noveltycross
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:10 am

I'd be in favour of a loyalty reward scheme. Year one gets just the set, year 2 gets sumthin extra, year 5 you get sumthin more etc. I see nothing wrong in rewarding loyalty. Even if it was just a few extra per cent off your purchases.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:12 am

its 3AA.
its a 1/6
its a discount
Its 150 odd to members
We'll renew
You know we will.
No more reveal necessary.

Very Happy

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:17 am

Skipper11x wrote:I'd be in favour of a loyalty reward scheme. Year one gets just the set, year 2 gets sumthin extra, year 5 you get sumthin more etc. I see nothing wrong in rewarding loyalty. Even if it was just a few extra per cent off your purchases.

i think there comes a point that being year 1 gets burnt out tho. Thats the point. Are you more 'CORE' because you discovered 3A in 2010 than 2011?

To me thats bobbins. I've been here 4 years, this will be my 3rd 3AA. I don't think I'm a better or more deserving person than someone who joined last year or this. What annoys me is stuff not being available to all of us 3AA, not whether I deserve a special gift for having been here from 2012. Stop the silly limited drops that only fall to bots. Fix bamab for all 3AA to get a chance. Make con stuff available to all (still furious about orange lonely shit warrior).. you can skip the extra patch rewarding me for being a good subscriber.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahright Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:29 am

Guys is there cases when CS can wait for payment..like until the end of the month?

i had funds for membership and also had Hot Toys Chewbacca in the waitlist on Sideshow. i thought they are completely sold out. but today they found one charged me. I'm happy and freaking out at the same time))
Jahright
Jahright
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:46 am

Most memberships have different levels of membership but I guess it's elitist if a toy company does the same? Starbucks starts you off as green- you buy enough coffee you get free drinks and gold level- is that elitist?- no, it's called customer appreciation...so many early year folks seemed to have dropped off and moved on so I don't think it would really effect anything in the long run- and ThreeA never releases production numbers so they can cook the books anyway they want to...
 Or perhaps instead of giving a BAMBA version of highly sought after con/expo exclusives ( like orange star troopers ) perhaps give EVERYONE a chance at the same version but perhaps in a different box. Con exclusives are elitist and the rest of us are often stuck with a less cool bastardized version of the original item that got our mouths watering...let con/expo exclusives be packaging based and not an extra color slapped on what was a perfect offering in the first place...if you want a fair and equal playing field- where there is no edge to vets,the same should be done with 'exclusives'- as 90% are for the Asian market only- that my friend is elitist and exclusionary...But folks will likely be up in arms about that too as they won't be able to flip the item as easily for ridiculous profit... Maybe give exclusives a different box/ accessory and call it a day...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:07 am

BPP I'm 100% with you. I'm not a year 1 vet, this will be my 5th. I'm in Europe where all the drops happen at 2am so I'm just looking for any perk I can get. 2015 has been my worst year for 3a purchases but it's only because of a 1/6 NOM that I'm back for another 12mths.

Jahrite, contact CS I've seen them work something like that for people before.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:09 am

Bottom line for me,..
I agree with all who have more or less said that 3AA should mean something more than it has in the past couple years.
I loved the days of the 3AA exclusive WWR Medic sale, or true 3AA exclusive variants(not just shadow versions). More 3AA passion projects: exclusive bot heads, exclusive accessory packs, exclusive alternate heads. Almost sounds like that one year where every "standard" sale was supposed to have an exclusive, something extra, etc. Very Happy

Gregory, as always, the insight and info is always great perspective to consider.
I hate that it always has to be pressed out under seeming duress or "forum gripes" and that it's not more of a voice that is already out there from the company.
5,000 3AA members? Well there ya go,... I guess it's going to be hard to make that anything special if the numbers have grown that large. Yeesh, that's amazing when you think about it.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:16 pm

I miss the Q&A with Ashley. Learn most info about the figures story and future plans so not left in the dark on why we get excited for what's on the roster vs begging for what's next. Maybe they should have a roster list for what we may see in 2016.
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zbrushman Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Full reveal please! This is gonna be another great membership set. Can't wait
zbrushman
zbrushman
Tomorrow King

http://jpad3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:23 pm

3a_boltman wrote:I miss the Q&A with Ashley. Learn most info about the figures story and future plans so not left in the dark on why we get excited for what's on the roster vs begging for what's next. Maybe they should have a roster list for what we may see in 2016.

To be fair, the Q and A rarely gave up any concrete info. With all due respect to the guy, it was Ash's tendency to let his mouth run away with him that led to much of my problems with ThreeA. ILots of promises (1/6 Dredd is coming soon. Turns out the license has lapsed) and talk of change that never came to pass. I totally get his excitement and for the first while the hype worked on me, but eventually I stopped buying ThreeA out of principle because the BS was jading my view of the company and the products. Plus the QC issues.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:40 pm

I've just learned to come in with really low expectations for most things or no expectations at all. That way I actually might feel something.
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:19 pm

I believe ash do read the post at times, just tt he do not want to have a post tt is directed squarely on him.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:13 pm

PiggyV01 wrote:
3a_boltman wrote:I miss the Q&A with Ashley. Learn most info about the figures story and future plans so not left in the dark on why we get excited for what's on the roster vs begging for what's next. Maybe they should have a roster list for what we may see in 2016.

To be fair, the Q and A rarely gave up any concrete info. With all due respect to the guy, it was Ash's tendency to let his mouth run away with him that led to much of my problems with ThreeA. ILots of promises (1/6 Dredd is coming soon. Turns out the license has lapsed) and talk of change that never came to pass. I totally get his excitement and for the first while the hype worked on me, but eventually I stopped buying ThreeA out of principle because the BS was jading my view of the company and the products. Plus the QC issues.
1/6 Dredd is happening this year, according to some source... (hopefully)

Q&A actually good for answering story behind the figures, I think...
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:10 pm

Q&A was sometimes ambiguous with answer but it was more fun to read and gave a little insight. I miss it too.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:41 pm

yeah, Ash`s story and character intels were always a fun read and add much to the figures, even the sneaks about upcoming figures that newer has ben released (yet?) was cool and expanded the whole AW universe...

Hopefully Ash will do some Q&A from time to time...but we shouldn`t take every word too seriously to avoid dissapointment when some figures didn`t see a release!

Still curious about the old Ancient NOM, NOM pilot/Astronaut ,pink Ladies, War Nurse Jessica, Martians etc...

Maybe Ash can re-use the Hoaxer TQ facesculpt/female Gasmask to make some more WWR ladies? (or were the Supreme/Whitemother a financial letdown?)

My Hoaxer Girl already became a NOM assassine, only need a nice female jacket or coat and maybe a sniper riffle... Cool

PS. Can`t wait for the full VON NOM reveal...!  bounce
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:08 pm

I'm all excited about 1/6 Von so whatever else is in the pack will be a nice bonus. Does this mean we'll see the Shitty 9 in 1/6?
And let's not forget our fallen comerade Jungler Armstrong, keepin the dream alive! Laughing
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:23 pm

counterfeit wrote:
PiggyV01 wrote:

1/6 Dredd is happening this year, according to some source... (hopefully)

Q&A actually good for answering story behind the figures, I think...

Yeah, I heard 1/6 Dredd is coming and I now believe it. I'm referring to when 1/6 Dredd was coming soon in 2012-2014. The Q&A's were good for a little story insight.

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

New VON teaser on insta
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAWkTSTTO_g/?taken-by=ashleywoodart

Flightsuit?
Reminds me of Sombre...which is not a bad thing....

Personally i`m not the biggest fan of gastanks on the back, as i love to buy multiple Noms to equip them with different
shirts, jackets or coats (like Barguest with a Shadow Merde coat, Blanc Hunter with a Oya Snowblind coat or Nom27 with a shadow merde sweater and Oroshi 18 jacket) and with Marquis or Sombre, there no option for that....

Still looking forward to the full reveal as need moar NOM!!! cheers
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:54 pm

A trenchcoat, as expected.
Not sure if it is leathery or canvas.
(Looks a bit leathery to me (jeuh))

ashleywoodart von nom commander in trench coat

3AA 2016 Discussion - Page 9 Unknown_zpsfe9bt2wa

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:43 pm

The only other NOMs I have are NOM4 & Sombre. This guy and Sombre and Shadow Bleak will be joining my Deeds crew maybe the dark EDO as well, looking very good.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:06 pm

This year as a tk collector hoping for final 7th sevenbones figure, punk King, tk hunter, Mortis sweeper, and anothe main character from popbot line like how they released Andy. Oh and for publication the next tk book and popbot9. Also is tklub done and over?
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Skipper11x wrote:The only other NOMs I have are NOM4 & Sombre. This guy and Sombre and Shadow Bleak will be joining my Deeds crew maybe the dark EDO as well, looking very good.

You should try to snag a Barguest before the aftermarket prices go more insane (like for the Commanders and most Grunts), B has a great leadership presence on the shelf and it`s pure OG greatness!
You can also trying to remove the facecloth and then you have a OG NOM to go with your dark crew!

The supreme Nom is also a underrated figure and brings some female vibes in WWR...

I have also some AK figures like Charfoot or Shadow Security Ankou Ex to build a dark dirty gang...and if VON turns out be a darker figure,
he will surely a supercool addition to this crew!

Hopefully we will see a least three versions of VON (like 4thNom/Nom27/Blanc or Barg/Fanto/Kuan or Marq/Sombre/Dead), as i also like  more colorfull
versions to go with my colorfull Robots!

A black/yellow Von would be rad to go with my Emgy  crew (Grunt is way too expensive on secondary market)
or a reddish or burgund/wine red NOM (with black or grey parts) would be something new for the De Plumes/NOMs!  drunken
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Minion Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:42 am

Supreme Nom got me into 3a in the first place. Had to buy every other Nom up till sombre in the aftermarket (thank you kidaforum, you were great), so it's a nice treat for the latest to be part of the 3aa package, something I would have picked up anyways. 3 time to reup. Looking forward to the full reveal. Perhaps tonight?

Minion
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next